PDA

View Full Version : Pop is an absolute clown. Fire the old geezer.

get_mills_out
01-17-2020, 11:00 PM
Murray + White for the first real time this year, and you put Petrol Sniffer Mills on Trae Young, forcing the double team that leads to an open 3.

I truly hope he has a stroke so we can save everyone involved from the embarrassment of firing his ass in 1-2 years.

https://i.ibb.co/2YWwypq/Screen-Shot-2019-12-24-at-4-25-42-PM.png

Dhbsr555
01-17-2020, 11:01 PM
Everything changed when he decided to go with beli over walker

cutewizard
01-17-2020, 11:24 PM
Fire Pop

get_mills_out
01-17-2020, 11:24 PM
Truly one of the worst in-game streaks of coaching I've ever seen. Granted, I never watched much Avery Johnson or Derek Fisher coaching.

TimDunkem
01-17-2020, 11:31 PM
Truly one of the worst in-game streaks of coaching I've ever seen. Granted, I never watched much Avery Johnson or Derek Fisher coaching.

"We haven't executed at the end of games and it's bitten us in the ass all year" - Poop

Of course it has nothing to do with the horrible roster he built and him compounding the issue by playing his worst defenders together in crunch time.

tholdren
01-17-2020, 11:35 PM
Murray + White for the first real time this year, and you put Petrol Sniffer Mills on Trae Young, forcing the double team that leads to an open 3.

I truly hope he has a stroke so we can save everyone involved from the embarrassment of firing his ass in 1-2 years.

Young had 31. Let's start with the guy who defended him a majority of the night. I forget, who was that...?

RC_Drunkford
01-17-2020, 11:44 PM
"We haven't executed at the end of games and it's bitten us in the ass all year" - Poop

Of course it has nothing to do with the horrible roster he built and him compounding the issue by playing his worst defenders together in crunch time.

He's too full of himself. Always has been. He's without fault and nobody is allowed to criticize him. But his players have to be "over themselves", so they do exactly what he tells them to do otherwise they will be benched or traded.

get_mills_out
01-17-2020, 11:48 PM
Young had 31. Let's start with the guy who defended him a majority of the night. I forget, who was that...?

Ah yes, so put the worst defender on the team on him while White and Murray are on the court, up by 2 with 30 seconds left.

Since the guy you're putting on him is probably a bottom 20 defender in the league, you'll want to double team off the pick and roll with Poeltl.

Really good strategy, it probably worked. I didn't watch that play, but it worked, right?

sasaint
01-17-2020, 11:51 PM

Yeah, his comments made me throw up into my throat a little bit. Ownership must be playing a larger financial chess game to continue to allow the Old Asshole to sabotage this organization.

sananspursfan21
01-17-2020, 11:53 PM
Whoa! An original thread!

spurs1990
01-17-2020, 11:56 PM
Hey Quin Synder. Can we interest you in coaching down the road from your old Austin stomping grounds

tholdren
01-17-2020, 11:58 PM
Ah yes, so put the worst defender on the team on him while White and Murray are on the court, up by 2 with 30 seconds left.

Since the guy you're putting on him is probably a bottom 20 defender in the league, you'll want to double team off the pick and roll with Poeltl.

Really good strategy, it probably worked. I didn't watch that play, but it worked, right?

What you obviously didn't get was if young didn't score 31 points then that last shot doesn't matter. So again, let's start with the 118 pts that came before that three.

Joseph Kony
01-17-2020, 11:58 PM

oh so the guy who averages 29 had 2 more points. wow murray sucks. :lmao youre a retard

tholdren
01-17-2020, 11:59 PM
oh so the guy who averages 29 had 2 more points. wow murray sucks. :lmao youre a retard

Lol all nba defender allows an almost 30ppg scorer score over 30 ppg. Yes please tell me more.

paperboy77
01-18-2020, 12:15 AM

Very harsh with the stroke but I’m down. Pop needs to be taken out back and put down.

BackHome
01-18-2020, 12:46 AM
Man tough to watch Murray was terrible down the stretch but Poop was terrible coaching in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

sasaint
01-18-2020, 12:54 AM

1-2 years is my absolute worst case scenario and worst personal nightmare. PLEASE NO!

Chillen
01-18-2020, 01:56 AM
This teams record should be better than they are with the roster assembled. If you look at teams in the West 6-8 they don't have very good records and the Warriors are injured and bad for 1 year. So if Spurs miss the playoffs with this team it will be completely embarrassing tbh considering the teams at 6-8 right now. This will be Pop's worst season as Spurs head coach if they fail to make playoffs easily.

RC_Drunkford
01-18-2020, 06:29 AM

somebody has to make this a giant banner and show it at the home games. Maybe it will help

Rummpd
01-18-2020, 07:43 AM
Losing the series to a poor team like the Hawks tells all.

Leetonidas
01-18-2020, 11:04 AM
Lol. There's a thread on RealGM GB shitting on pop and so many rando fans think this is still 2012 Pop. Pisses me off how the rest of the leagues fans and media excuse this clown for our shit team and blame the players

Mugen
01-18-2020, 11:12 AM
somebody has to make this a giant banner and show it at the home games. Maybe it will help

:lol Pop would have that person shot on the spot tbh. He's the biggest hypocrite and biggest POS in the country, which is saying a lot tbh.

Nobody has destroyed more young black men's lives in the last 5 years than that old fuck :lol.

John B
01-18-2020, 11:41 AM
Losing the series to a poor team like the Hawks tells all.
You forgot swept by the worst team :bang

MultiTroll
01-18-2020, 11:50 AM

K...
01-18-2020, 12:04 PM
I legitimately think he's not trying to win, but to be "fair" as an example of leadership? Like he's rewarding Marco for 2014 and trying to extend his career, he's in love with Forbes because he's a four year player from a program he respects.

It's tough, my sniffing should are getting cold, but the outcome of the season is pretty much a non issue. The worst thing is to make the playoffs and get pop to stay, extend demarr, and hire more vets. All true Spurs fans should root for a mild tank. A new coach will coach for his job. This one isn't.

SayTown
01-18-2020, 12:43 PM

If Patty or Forbes would have been defending him most of the night Young would have went for 60 plus.

ZeusWillJudge
01-18-2020, 01:15 PM
If you shipped Pop and Forbes to Miami, and kept everything else the same:

Nunn and Robinson would be in the G-League.
Forbes would be getting 25 minutes a night.
Pop would be spending more time making smartass comments to reporters than coaching the team.
The Heat would be a .500 team, or worse.

TimDunkem
01-18-2020, 02:06 PM

Pop would be spending more time making smartass comments to reporters than coaching the team.

The really crazy thing is...you're probably right.

get_mills_out
01-18-2020, 02:40 PM

We know Bam wouldn't be on the team because Pop's already cut him once this year.

get_mills_out
01-18-2020, 02:41 PM
https://i.ibb.co/wp2csYR/Screen-Shot-2020-01-16-at-4-43-33-PM.png

itzsoweezee
01-18-2020, 04:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/wp2csYR/Screen-Shot-2020-01-16-at-4-43-33-PM.png

The funniest part of this season, other than the pop stans looking like absolutely imbeciles, is the fact that popovich is going to play out his last season in a humiliating fashion, having propped up and dumped every strategic option other than the two most obvious ones: (1) playing DM and White together, and (2) benching Forbes and Bellineli in favor of Walker. It is truly amazing.

NASpurs
01-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Don’t worry guys, when Pop figures out by game 70 that Forbes and Beli shouldn’t get minutes, that DJ and White should be getting minutes together and that Lonnie should be getting at least 25+ minutes a game, he’ll pat himself on the back for figuring it out and the snifffers will be inhaling his infallible farts again.

John B
01-18-2020, 05:00 PM
There’s a reason for what he’s doing, an order to chaos. He’s just not dumb not to know. Everything is a calculated for this guy. It’s just frustrating not to be on the same page.

RC_Drunkford
01-18-2020, 05:00 PM

Haslem would play and Adebayo would be collecting DNPs

dbestpro
01-18-2020, 06:36 PM
I am starting to wonder if Pop has gambling debts. Some of the stuff he is doing only makes sense if he is trying to throw the game.

TD 21
01-18-2020, 07:04 PM

It just goes to show you the extent of his ego, delusion and stubbornness.

He actually thinks (pretends?) that his coaching can supersede their obvious physical and structural limitations.

spurspl
01-18-2020, 07:51 PM
He's too full of himself. Always has been. He's without fault and nobody is allowed to criticize him. But his players have to be "over themselves", so they do exactly what he tells them to do otherwise they will be benched or traded.

and i think that was one of the majority reason why kawhi left

Down Under
01-18-2020, 09:59 PM
He's got be showing Forbes & Beli for trade value. Philly has nine 2nd rounders, needs shooting & would probably give one up for either of them.

Dverde
01-19-2020, 09:54 AM
OP don’t forget to agree with your other burner accounts

RC_Drunkford
01-19-2020, 10:37 AM
He's got be showing Forbes & Beli for trade value. Philly has nine 2nd rounders, needs shooting & would probably give one up for either of them.

lol why do Spurs fans always try to bail out Pop with some dumb conspiracy theory about him secretly trying to tank or showing guys for trade value? There's nothing Philly got that would improve our team and Bryn Forbes will start until Pop retires

Big P
01-19-2020, 12:47 PM
Why is it that NBA players vote pop as the best coach, yet no one ever wants to come play for him? pop is the main problem, yes most of our players are trash, but it makes it worse when he does not utilize them correctly...if he used them correctly, we would at least be a competitive team.

mookie2001
01-20-2020, 08:50 AM
Who was guarding Vince Carter when he had his season high within 3 minutes of entering the game?

get_mills_out
01-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Tee hee. 18-0 run, I guess I'll call a timeout.

get_mills_out
01-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Tee hee. 18-0 run, Marco get in there.

get_mills_out
01-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Pop is an absolute clown. Fire the old geezer.

get_mills_out
01-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Tee hee.

SayTown
01-25-2020, 08:12 PM
The only positive thing I can say about Pop nowadays is at least he is going down with the ship, I'm sure he could have jumped ship to the Lakers this past summer although I wish he would have.

spurraider21
01-25-2020, 08:51 PM
if pop was coaching the warriors several years ago i'm pretty confident he would have kept draymond on the bench so that david lee could get his 30 minutes