PDA

View Full Version : Where is Demarre Carroll

BlackAndWhite
01-19-2020, 04:51 PM
He can't be worse than Forbes or Pasta. Why isn't he playing?

ginobilized
01-19-2020, 04:59 PM
I wish a reporter had the guts to ask Pop that question......
After every game

sasaint
01-19-2020, 05:04 PM
I wish a reporter had the guts to ask Pop that question......
After every game

SA media is the true Gutless Worms.

Dverde
01-19-2020, 05:06 PM
He has so many clothes. I can’t wait for the garage sale in 3...2...1

Fusternino
01-19-2020, 05:13 PM
Forbes and Marco playing over LWIV and Carroll explains our record entirely. And that is even with Carroll himself looking done.

BlackAndWhite
01-19-2020, 05:17 PM
I don't think carroll is done. He just haven't played meaningful minutes

Texas_Ranger
01-19-2020, 05:18 PM
spending money on those faggot ass clothes.

jeebus
01-19-2020, 05:28 PM
SA media is the true Gutless Worms.

Jeff McDonald is the biggest pile of shit out there. His interaction with the twittertards is mindblowingly stupid and any conversation they have make youtube video comments look like Shakespeare.

cd021
01-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Forbes and Marco playing over LWIV and Carroll explains our record entirely. And that is even with Carroll himself looking done.

How does he look done exactly? When he played he was fine, if unfamiliar with the system but that's because he was new to it.

I feel like people are trying to rationalize something that just doesn't make any sense.

RC_Drunkford
01-19-2020, 05:30 PM
why are people asking this every 2 days? Behind the bench in street clothes

RC_Drunkford
01-19-2020, 05:33 PM
He has obviously done or said something that Pop didn't like otherwise he would've played by now. Last year Pop played Dante Cunningham and Quincy Pondexter. And Pop would never play Keldon Johnson over a veteran unless he really doesn't like that veteran

sananspursfan21
01-19-2020, 05:46 PM
This again?

Genovaswitness
01-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Jeff McDonald is the biggest pile of shit out there. His interaction with the twittertards is mindblowingly stupid and any conversation they have make youtube video comments look like Shakespeare.

Jeff McCuckold is a hack

GAustex
01-19-2020, 06:12 PM
Poop screwed the pooch and signed a broke down tin man Carrol who can barely run and can’t even jump to a three year contract.
Hilarious

UZER
01-19-2020, 06:17 PM
If Carroll was not Pops signing, and this is his protest, then he’s a bigger douche and than everyone already thinks his is, and is acting like a big baby.

sasaint
01-19-2020, 07:03 PM
If Carroll was not Pops signing, and this is his protest, then he’s a bigger douche and than everyone already thinks his is, and is acting like a big baby.

Pop embraced being a douche a long time ago. Being a senile, ignorant fuck that was responsible for signing a completely washed player would be worse.

GAustex
01-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Is anything done without poops blessing?

slick'81
01-19-2020, 07:56 PM
Bet he wish he had went to utah

slick'81
01-19-2020, 08:01 PM
:lolRushing to sign this washed up sf and losing bertans for nothing

RC_Drunkford
01-19-2020, 09:01 PM

Pop always has the final say so. There's no way the GM signs players without speaking to Pop about it before.

BackHome
01-19-2020, 09:21 PM
Yeah looking like a terrible signing paying him all that money just to sit on the bench.

cjw
01-19-2020, 10:49 PM

He’s so high on himself, and this year his crap with the “shut-ins” while he defends Forbes and Beli is insane. Nobody asks Pop tough basketball questions.

ZeusWillJudge
01-19-2020, 10:55 PM
Carroll has been spending time with Michael Jackson's skin doctor. He should get some court time after the ASB, when he's lightened a couple more shades.

phxspurfan
01-19-2020, 11:40 PM
He’s training to stop LeBron

...at Delonte West’s house

Fusternino
01-20-2020, 12:29 AM
How does he look done exactly? When he played he was fine, if unfamiliar with the system but that's because he was new to it.

I feel like people are trying to rationalize something that just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not rationalizing it just saying that he's still better than those cones on defense.

Every time I see Carroll he makes an ill-advised drive to the basket in garbage time.

tb5
01-20-2020, 01:09 AM
Pop was probably trying to improve the defense with that trade when you think about it, but it's just one of those moves where Carroll probably wasn't fitting into the Spurs system right away. A vast majority of Pop's risky moves don't work these days and the big three likely masked that for years. Unfortunate that he gambled with Bertans thinking give 1 area to get another. That just never materialized, partially to Pop's own stubbornness.

emanueldavidginobili
01-20-2020, 01:14 AM
He went from playing 25 MPG on a playoff team last year to riding the bench on currently a non playoff team :lol

BlackAndWhite
01-20-2020, 02:30 AM
I feel so bad for him. He could have contributed a lot to the team but is now just wasting time not even dressed

Slippy
01-20-2020, 02:38 AM
I feel so bad for him. He could have contributed a lot to the team but is now just wasting time not even dressed

Feel bad for his wife. She chose this path for him. Hopefully they will try to keep positive about it all and focus on the dollars he will be counting for few years for sitting down.

Spursfanfromafar
01-20-2020, 04:03 AM
The Spurs have always had among the best front offices in the League.. but I guess the Demarre Carroll signing and situation is the icing on the raspberry cake of a season so far that has brought down the Spurs front office more than a few notches down. The 18-23 record is not just a case of a team being in transition, but of a completely messed up roster construction full of one-dimensional players, the lack of a 3 and D wing - the player type which has defined the modern NBA and was a core component of the winning and pioneering Spurs teams in the last decade or so.

Carroll, I guess, was supposed to be that missing 3 and D piece, but in recent years, he had shown less of an ability to really be that kind of player for teams such as the Raptors and the Nets and yet the Spurs signed him for multiple years. Granted, much of the failure is due to the domino effect of the Morris welching situation, but the dependence upon flawed, short and low wingspan players and their abundance in the team is not just a coaching issue but a front office issue too. There is no way a team can contend with Belinelli, Forbes and Mills all in the same squad and who are forced/ made to play too much minutes.

GM Brian Wright, RC and Brent Barry have a major decision to make as the trade deadline nears. They have to find ways to replace this cohort - atleast one of Forbes and Belinelli have to go while it would be a bonanza if Carroll is replaced with another wing by some means (by trading him in conjunction with others?).

This team can still grow even with its inconsistent younger lot - White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl as the core if they are given the right ingredients in other useful role players (hopefully good wings) to support them. Maybe a Robert Covington can be had in this market.

cd021
01-20-2020, 04:26 AM
I'm not rationalizing it just saying that he's still better than those cones on defense.

Every time I see Carroll he makes an ill-advised drive to the basket in garbage time.

That's how vets play in garbage time, when they don't often see the floor. Last season Cunningham shot 3s aggressively in garbage time but hesitated to take them when he was in the rotation.

ceperez
01-20-2020, 05:51 AM
The Spurs have always had among the best front offices in the League.. but I guess the Demarre Carroll signing and situation is the icing on the raspberry cake of a season so far that has brought down the Spurs front office more than a few notches down. The 18-23 record is not just a case of a team being in transition, but of a completely messed up roster construction full of one-dimensional players, the lack of a 3 and D wing - the player type which has defined the modern NBA and was a core component of the winning and pioneering Spurs teams in the last decade or so.

Carroll, I guess, was supposed to be that missing 3 and D piece, but in recent years, he had shown less of an ability to really be that kind of player for teams such as the Raptors and the Nets and yet the Spurs signed him for multiple years. Granted, much of the failure is due to the domino effect of the Morris welching situation, but the dependence upon flawed, short and low wingspan players and their abundance in the team is not just a coaching issue but a front office issue too. There is no way a team can contend with Belinelli, Forbes and Mills all in the same squad and who are forced/ made to play too much minutes.

GM Brian Wright, RC and Brent Barry have a major decision to make as the trade deadline nears. They have to find ways to replace this cohort - atleast one of Forbes and Belinelli have to go while it would be a bonanza if Carroll is replaced with another wing by some means (by trading him in conjunction with others?).

This team can still grow even with its inconsistent younger lot - White, Murray, Walker and Poeltl as the core if they are given the right ingredients in other useful role players (hopefully good wings) to support them. Maybe a Robert Covington can be had in this market.

Good post. The signing is an indication of a dysfunctional organization that can't make up its mind as to what the future of basketball looks like. The Spurs invented the future in 2014 and then completely forgot about it in the last 6 years.

UZER
01-20-2020, 06:31 AM
Good post. The signing is an indication of a dysfunctional organization that can't make up its mind as to what the future of basketball looks like. The Spurs invented the future in 2014 and then completely forgot about it in the last 6 years.

A big part of the confusion is Pops refusing to retire. The team just cannot move forward with a plan. They are stuck on a half now half future treadmill.

tbdog
01-20-2020, 06:44 AM
Not really. They have a youth movement going. There best players are their vets. It's not a bad plan tbh. They also are bring in the youth slowly and have cap space after next season.

UZER
01-20-2020, 06:52 AM
Not really. They have a youth movement going. There best players are their vets. It's not a bad plan tbh. They also are bring in the youth slowly and have cap space after next season.

The NBA has moved on from Pop. His style is just confusing at this point (see Bryn Forbes / Mills / Belli lineups, Bertans wasting way on the bench, etc.).

The team cannot move forward in a clear direction until he leaves.

jermaine
01-20-2020, 07:39 AM
The NBA has moved on from Pop. His style is just confusing at this point (see Bryn Forbes / Mills / Belli lineups, Bertans wasting way on the bench, etc.).

The team cannot move forward in a clear direction until he leaves.

Looking at Becky Hammon having to tell him to challenge an obvious bad call in the Heat game just made me look at him sadly. I'm sure he was just gonna let the play happen and let it be a teaching lesson. I've loved Pop, but time passes us all by. When he realize Lonnie an Murray ain't gonna be is Big 3 "Yes Men", he'll walk away.

GAustex
01-20-2020, 08:17 AM
poop is done. He screwed up nephew, signed Gasol & patty to bad contracts, made a dubious trade for ddr, plays forbes and beli, siged carroll and stiffs lonnie who should be playing the 3rd or 4th most minutes on the team.
poop's time is over. he needs to quit and go off and yell at the clouds

RC_Drunkford
01-20-2020, 09:11 AM
poop is done. He screwed up nephew, signed Gasol & patty to bad contracts, made a dubious trade for ddr, plays forbes and beli, siged carroll and stiffs lonnie who should be playing the 3rd or 4th most minutes on the team.
poop's time is over. he needs to quit and go off and yell at the clouds

Don't forget trading Danny Green so Bryn Forbes can start at his position

John B
01-20-2020, 09:25 AM
Carroll doesn’t get it and I don’t think he cares that’s why he’s not playing I guess. That’s the only thing I can see on this.

GAustex
01-20-2020, 12:52 PM
So poop signed a guy who doesn’t get it and does not care if he’s playing.
Brilliant move by drunk ass poop.
Dude just sits there collecting checks.
When the Spurs desperately need a 6’8” dude who can shoot and play some D.
Way to go poop. You are the best.

FkLA
01-20-2020, 03:32 PM
https://twitter.com/DeMarreCarroll1/status/1219325381112750080?s=19

Leetonidas
01-20-2020, 03:37 PM

:wow

Joseph Kony
01-20-2020, 03:40 PM
he does mention "staying positive" on a lot of his tweets from this season :lol poor dude must seriously regret coming here

EasyMoney
01-20-2020, 03:42 PM
Looking at Becky Hammon having to tell him to challenge an obvious bad call in the Heat game just made me look at him sadly. I'm sure he was just gonna let the play happen and let it be a teaching lesson. I've loved Pop, but time passes us all by. When he realize Lonnie an Murray ain't gonna be is Big 3 "Yes Men", he'll walk away.

A damn shame that pop didn't want to challenge when there was only a minute and some change left in the game. Bless Becky.

jermaine
01-20-2020, 03:53 PM
A damn shame that pop didn't want to challenge when there was only a minute and some change left in the game. Bless Becky.

Its almost like he dont give a fuck. Seriously

r0drig0lac
01-20-2020, 03:55 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

cd98
01-20-2020, 03:59 PM
He must read Spurstalk.

dbestpro
01-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Carroll is not the only one who does not get Pop these days.

SpurSpike
01-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Its almost like he dont give a fuck. Seriously

I remember when the season started it took what seemed like forever for Pop to finally use one. I think we went the 1st 10 or so games without using a challenge even though opposing teams were using theirs quite effectively against us on a nightly basis.

BlackAndWhite
01-21-2020, 02:06 AM
Now Rudy gay has been missing for a couple of games. Pop has really became a tyrant this season

BlackAndWhite
01-21-2020, 02:15 AM
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/demarre-carroll-wants-to-be-the-best-role-player-for-the-spurs

old news news but relevant

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2020, 11:45 AM
He has obviously done or said something that Pop didn't like otherwise he would've played by now. Last year Pop played Dante Cunningham and Quincy Pondexter. And Pop would never play Keldon Johnson over a veteran unless he really doesn't like that veteran

Great points, and spot on with Dante and Pond. Those guys sucked. There's no way Carroll's game has regressed beyond what those two yokels brought to the team last year. I watched a fair amount of Nets games last year and Demarre wasn't spectacular, certainly not an elite athlete, but he was solid most nights. I can't believe we give big minutes to Marco, start Forbes, yet Carroll can't see the floor?

Makes zero sense.

JuneJive
01-21-2020, 12:25 PM
One of this seasons mysteries.

wildbill2u
01-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Is this a trick question?

BlackAndWhite
01-23-2020, 01:36 AM
Another game passed by and Demarre still hasn't seen a minute. I hope we can get a answer on what's going on

John B
01-23-2020, 02:20 AM
The only thing I can think is he doesn't fit the offensive flow. Spurs are playing better tbh and hopefully they play consistent. Inserting Carroll might do more harm than good tbh

sasaint
01-23-2020, 06:30 AM
Another game passed by and Demarre still hasn't seen a minute. I hope we can get a answer on what's going on

Not unless the guy gets traded and starts talking. The SA media will never go there.

CGD
01-23-2020, 09:40 PM
Number of teams interested in Cov and Iggy. For those who whiff, DaMarre could be a cheaper consolation.

Like what would Dallas offer?

ace3g
01-23-2020, 09:57 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1220495426501083137

DavidTheGoliath
01-23-2020, 10:04 PM
No longer in the injured list but on the trading block :lol

ZeusWillJudge
01-23-2020, 10:06 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1220495426501083137

Seldom-used? Yeah, that's an understatement. Has it really only been two games? The guy has been so invisible, it's hard to notice when he's not there.

dbestpro
01-24-2020, 02:28 PM
Pop is always critical when a person is treated badly unless he is the person treating people badly.

ZeusWillJudge
01-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Pop is always critical when a person is treated badly unless he is the person treating people badly.

That should be a sticky at the top of the forum.

lmbebo
01-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Fine with him riding bench if its between him and Walker. Could make a case for him over Bellini and Forbes

spurs1990
01-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Not unless the guy gets traded and starts talking. The SA media will never go there.

More to the point where is the national media to pose that question. It's a really intriguing storyline of a team signing a FA to a solid three year deal, who then is immediately banished to the 13th man (and now inactive).

Though it's all rhetorical now. Popvich has inculcated nationwide reverence towards him. How dishonorable it would be for the press to call him out on such a huge gaffe.

sasaint
01-24-2020, 03:45 PM
More to the point where is the national media to pose that question. It's a really intriguing storyline of a team signing a FA to a solid three year deal, who then is immediately banished to the 13th man (and now inactive).

Though it's all rhetorical now. Popvich has inculcated nationwide reverence towards him. How dishonorable it would be for the press to call him out on such a huge gaffe.

Yep, very true!

emanueldavidginobili
01-24-2020, 06:25 PM

He deleted the comment. :spin

EasyMoney
01-24-2020, 06:52 PM
Keep talking that shit demarre. You deserve better.

weeks
01-24-2020, 06:54 PM

He deleted the comment. :spin

"SRSWAGDADDY when your line dropping from ITALY... It's should be dropping any day now...AMARE Collection dropping soon... "

:lol well now we know which pet he kicked in front of pop. guaranteed he'll never play now, you can't delete shit online :lol

emanueldavidginobili
01-24-2020, 07:04 PM
"SRSWAGDADDY when your line dropping from ITALY... It's should be dropping any day now...AMARE Collection dropping soon... "

:lol well now we know which pet he kicked in front of pop. guaranteed he'll never play now, you can't delete shit online :lol

That’s just his caption. The comment he actually deleted was in response to a fan saying “ you finessed my team good shit dawg” DC response was “I will get my opportunity soon...a simple apology will be great when I get it”

weeks
01-24-2020, 07:49 PM
That’s just his caption. The comment he actually deleted was in response to a fan saying “ you finessed my team good shit dawg” DC response was “I will get my opportunity soon...a simple apology will be great when I get it”
interesting. plot thickens. apology for what i wonder

get_mills_out
01-24-2020, 10:18 PM
https://i.ibb.co/VMkwm3t/Screen-Shot-2020-01-16-at-4-43-33-PM.png

BlackAndWhite
01-25-2020, 01:33 AM
Demarre Caroll still missing

jeebus
01-25-2020, 01:43 AM
Boner gave Forbes the dirt he had on Pop in order to get playing time.

Truth4sale$
01-25-2020, 01:21 PM
The sad and mysterious saga continues on. Just let him go for anything at this point. It is a distraction

UZER
01-25-2020, 01:57 PM
Pop is an ass.

BlackAndWhite
01-26-2020, 06:25 PM
I think with Trey Lyles falling out of the rotation, Carroll will have a chance of finally cracking the bench

ZeusWillJudge
01-26-2020, 06:30 PM
The sad and mysterious saga continues on. Just let him go for anything at this point. It is a distraction

It's only a distraction to us. Pop doesn't give a shit.

RC_Drunkford
01-26-2020, 06:34 PM
I think with Trey Lyles falling out of the rotation, Carroll will have a chance of finally cracking the bench

nope Belinelli took Lyles' spot

ginobilized
01-26-2020, 09:52 PM
How many games since Carroll has played?
Totally weird
Very strange season

JeffDuncan
01-26-2020, 11:33 PM
How many games since Carroll has played?
Totally weird
Very strange season

He last played on Jan 8, for 1:48.

Wish I knew what the deal is, but I don't.

GAustex
01-27-2020, 03:02 PM
Wonder if the mysterious DeMarre will suit up tonight?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-27-2020, 03:04 PM

More opportunity to run the 3-pronged attack of Mills, Forbes and Marco!!

BlackAndWhite
01-27-2020, 05:29 PM
He pretty much did not play. No one can do anything in 108 seconds

GAustex
01-27-2020, 07:25 PM
I wonder why Pop signed this guy if he is just gonna pay him and not play him.
Seems odd. Such a waste of the owners money and a roster spot.

emanueldavidginobili
01-27-2020, 09:28 PM
Damn in street clothes again even with LA out and an available spot for someone to be dressed.

John B
01-28-2020, 09:36 AM
Metu in and still no Carroll :grim::fishing

ace3g
01-29-2020, 08:11 PM
https://twitter.com/bouncepassos/status/1222680316353052672

emanueldavidginobili
01-29-2020, 08:20 PM
If he dresses that means Keldon will most likely be the one in street clothes

TimDunkem
01-29-2020, 08:28 PM
He's not going to play. Who cares?

GAustex
01-30-2020, 01:37 AM
that green get up he had on kinda matched the green the Jazz wear sometimes...

John B
01-30-2020, 04:43 AM
I’d rather see Metu or Keldon than Carroll tbh. I’m just curious why Spurs haven’t moved him if they don’t have intentions of playing him

dbestpro
01-31-2020, 12:15 PM
I wonder what his wage is per minutes played. He might be the highest paid player in the NBA based off this stat.

JeffDuncan
01-31-2020, 12:30 PM
I wonder what his wage is per minutes played. He might be the highest paid player in the NBA based off this stat.

He's played a total of 135 minutes so far. His contract is $7 million. Anybody's calculator can take it from there.

Genovaswitness
01-31-2020, 12:46 PM
He's played a total of 135 minutes so far. His contract is $7 million. Anybody's calculator can take it from there.

almost $52k/min.

poop :lmao

Dverde
01-31-2020, 12:52 PM

Chandler Parsons is making over 25 million this year...he has to be the highest :lol

Drom John
01-31-2020, 04:10 PM
Chandler Parsons is making over 25 million this year...he has to be the highest :lol

I raise you with John Wall at $38,199,000.

NASpurs
01-31-2020, 04:13 PM
Obviously money well spent.

Just in line with a lot of questionable decisions this front office has made throughout the years.

RC_Drunkford
01-31-2020, 05:13 PM
:pop: "Demarre I want you to show off your drip by sitting in tailor made suits behind the bench. It will increase our swagger. 7 million per year should be enough for 82 suits."

BlackAndWhite
01-31-2020, 08:15 PM
He looks really fit and in shape to play minutes. Wonder why he's not playing

BackHome
01-31-2020, 09:31 PM
Surprised as hell why not one reporter has asked Poop why he is not playing a guy they went out and signed?????

sasaint
01-31-2020, 09:49 PM
Surprised as hell why not one reporter has asked Poop why he is not playing a guy they went out and signed?????

The first media rep who broaches that subject will quickly find himself covering ice hockey matches in Omsk. The Dictator has put the word out.

ZeusWillJudge
01-31-2020, 11:04 PM
The first media rep who broaches that subject will quickly find himself covering ice hockey matches in Omsk. The Dictator has put the word out.

I'm over him not playing. But being in a suit behind the bench is just weird. Hell, buy him out and move on.

GAustex
01-31-2020, 11:10 PM
The lack of accountability for this failed move.
Any other location the question would be asked. Can you imagine this in New York?

UZER
01-31-2020, 11:13 PM
Pop needs to go away.

lmbebo
02-01-2020, 01:39 PM
I'm over him not playing. But being in a suit behind the bench is just weird. Hell, buy him out and move on.

Doubt he gets bought out unless he agrees to give up a lot of his contract. He has the rest of this year, next year and 1.35 partial garuntee in the 3rd left year?

EasyMoney
02-01-2020, 01:48 PM
A fully committed coach would have been playing Carroll. This is just straight up abuse of a person's time

RC_Drunkford
02-01-2020, 03:38 PM
A fully committed coach would have been playing Carroll. This is just straight up abuse of a person's time

Pop loves to abuse people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdcNrRuT2CE

GAustex
02-01-2020, 06:18 PM
I wonder if poop is going to use his prize free agent signing tonite.
You know poop is waiting to spring him as a surprise to put his team over the hump for this final push.

GAustex
02-02-2020, 12:43 AM
That was a damn fine outfit Carroll was sporting tonight.
Excellent move signing such a fashion statement.

BlackAndWhite
02-03-2020, 06:17 PM
https://imgur.com/ym6xZ9h

BlackAndWhite
02-03-2020, 06:20 PM
https://m.imgur.com/ym6xZ9h
something is clearly going on behind the scenes. Carroll is a no drama player for all of his career so he wouldn’t make posts like this for no reason

sasaint
02-03-2020, 06:36 PM
The best I can figure is that PATFO failed to do enough due diligence to discover that Demarre's wardrobe didn't conform to Spurs' dress code before they offered him 7 MILLION / YEAR.

Leetonidas
02-03-2020, 06:37 PM
something is clearly going on behind the scenes. Carroll is a no drama player for all of his career so he wouldn’t make posts like this for no reason

Or could be to do with the super famous nba player and his daughter that burned up a week ago. Not playing while making 7 mil is hardly suffering :lol

sasaint
02-03-2020, 06:43 PM
Or could be to do with the super famous nba player and his daughter that burned up a week ago. Not playing while making 7 mil is hardly suffering :lol

Kind of late to the wake if he is just now posting about Kobe.

Leetonidas
02-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Kind of late to the wake if he is just now posting about Kobe.

Or he could just be expressing a thought given the tough week? He's not directly posting about anything. I get the speculation considering his situation but I don't think Carroll would be some dumb to post that he is suffering from riding the pine :lol

sasaint
02-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Or he could just be expressing a thought given the tough week? He's not directly posting about anything. I get the speculation considering his situation but I don't think Carroll would be some dumb to post that he is suffering from riding the pine :lol

I disagree. Cushy? Sure. But players want to play. I think it is real suffering to be a non-team member on this shit show, sharing a locker room, practice etc. with players who actually, you know, play.

Joseph Kony
02-03-2020, 06:56 PM
if he is in fact referring to himself then he's a huge faggot. yeah i got pop is a retard and he should be playing but seems pretty tone deaf to be referring to your own "suffering" as not getting on the court when one the NBAs biggest stars just died in a horrific accident. not to mention plenty of guys in the league experience the same as him. if he's really "suffering" then he's just a giant pussy imho

RC_Drunkford
02-03-2020, 07:02 PM

I think he has found out who Flopovich really is

GAustex
02-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Can’t wait to see how much poop is paying him with Holts money to wear such a spiffy outfit

GAustex
02-04-2020, 09:57 PM
I wonder what type of ensemble DeMarre will debut today?
I sure the Holts will appreciate paying a fashion icon to sit behind the bench.

emanueldavidginobili
02-04-2020, 10:00 PM
I wonder what type of ensemble DeMarre will debut today?
I sure the Holts will appreciate paying a fashion icon to sit behind the bench.
I’m pretty sure he didn’t even travel with the team, he was no where to be found last night.

slick'81
02-05-2020, 01:20 AM
I’m pretty sure he didn’t even travel with the team, he was no where to be found last night.

Dont blame him tbh, im sure he knows spurs are moving him asap

ZeusWillJudge
02-05-2020, 01:23 AM
Somebody needs to Photoshop a Where's Waldo hat on him and show him in the crowd in Atlanta.

I still can't understand why they signed him to begin with if he's so bad he can't get any minutes. But if he's that bad, why would ANYONE be looking at him?

slick'81
02-05-2020, 01:26 AM
Somebody needs to Photoshop a Where's Waldo hat on him and show him in the crowd in Atlanta.

I still can't understand why they signed him to begin with if he's so bad he can't get any minutes. But if he's that bad, why would ANYONE be looking at him?

Not to mention he hasnt played all season:lol talk about tanking his value. Yea we suck but are actively looking to deal belli and demmarree:wow

gospursgojas
02-05-2020, 01:30 AM
First of all, all it took was 3-4 mins to notice Carroll isn’t an NBA player. I mean who still does that weird ‘Nique Wilkins double leg pump when they shoot? He also couldn’t dribble for shit. Why is anyone mad he’s not playing? Yeah waste of money but that’s why Spurs trying to trade him for something of value. Any value.

As for the social media stuff. Pops prob finally giving up on trying to control it. It’s all too much nowadays. Social media is just part of the player you receive now. The days of him having the power to shut G Hill’s Twitter or whatever it was down for dick pics are over.

gambit1990
02-05-2020, 01:33 AM
this is still really puzzling.

has a reporter not asked pop about this?

gambit1990
02-05-2020, 01:36 AM
demarre, during a team meeting: i got mad swag
pop: no one on this team has "mad swag", we work hard and do our jobs
demarre: i can do that and still have mad swag

i wouldn't be surprised if it was something as little as that :lol

gambit1990
02-05-2020, 01:39 AM
on top of this... if you're looking to move someone... you would give them playing time... especially in this sort of situation where he hasn't been playing... this is just so weird.

gambit1990
02-05-2020, 01:52 AM
when was the last time the spurs signed a player and traded them in their first season with the team? no one immediately comes to mind. was the last time pre-2003?

DPG21920
02-05-2020, 01:53 AM
Kudos to Carroll for handling this like a pro. I’m sure he’s hurt and/or mad but he’s been a true pro about this. Look at this Iggy crap.

gospursgojas
02-05-2020, 02:36 AM
Takes like these is what makes SPURMS TALK, SPURMS TALK

LOL 3-4 minutes

not an NBA PLAYER

12 years and a guaranteed Max Pension Check from the Association proves that statement WRONG......

Cool you take all statements literally. Not an NBA player = he sucks so much one would say he doesn’t even belong on the court. Hey welcome to the internet where hyperbole exists.

GAustex
02-05-2020, 08:24 AM
Yep he sucks
Who is the shit for brains that signed him?
Why is the media not putting heat on the pee brain who signed him?
Why is there no accountability for this collossial screw up???

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2020, 10:49 AM
He just tweeted, "woke up feeling BLESSED" with the 100 emojis

Prime BEEF
02-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Kudos to Carroll for handling this like a pro. I’m sure he’s hurt and/or mad but he’s been a true pro about this. Look at this Iggy crap.
Agreed. I respect him for that.

Drom John
02-05-2020, 11:00 AM
when was the last time the spurs signed a player and traded them in their first season with the team? no one immediately comes to mind. was the last time pre-2003?

I believe the last was Theo Ratliff 2009/2010.

TDomination
02-05-2020, 11:02 AM
even pondexter and cunningham are scratching their heads wondering how bad carroll is.

sasaint
02-05-2020, 12:52 PM
even pondexter and cunningham are scratching their heads wondering how bad carroll is.

:lol but I doubt it. Unlike all of us on ST, they know first-hand how Pop operates.

RC_Drunkford
02-05-2020, 04:44 PM
demarre, during a team meeting: i got mad swag
pop: no one on this team has "mad swag", we work hard and do our jobs
demarre: i can do that and still have mad swag

i wouldn't be surprised if it was something as little as that :lol

this is the closest scenario to the truth. I been saying he said something to Pop that Pop didn't like, so Pop had to show him who the dictator is and what happens if you don't follow him. You know military approach. I hope Carroll ends up on the Bucks and wins a title or goes to Utah and starts from jump. That would make Pop look even dumber

cd98
02-05-2020, 04:53 PM
Dude is stuck thanks to that 2 year deal. I guess the Spurs could buy him out, but given he could've been out of the league if the Spurs didn't sign him, he's going to keep all that money. But no sign that a team wants a player that a struggling 9th/10th place team can't find 5 minutes a game to play.

slick'81
02-05-2020, 05:08 PM
Dude is stuck thanks to that 2 year deal. I guess the Spurs could buy him out, but given he could've been out of the league if the Spurs didn't sign him, he's going to keep all that money. But no sign that a team wants a player that a struggling 9th/10th place team can't find 5 minutes a game to play.

&
Thats the point spurs are moving trash for trash and we all know they arent "going to blow it up" being only 3 games outta a playoff spot

Dverde
02-05-2020, 07:08 PM
He just tweeted, "woke up feeling BLESSED" with the 100 emojis

Definitely feels different with players feeling blessed to be outta here. Remember when players took less to stay.

MultiTroll
02-05-2020, 10:18 PM
this is the closest scenario to the truth. I been saying he said something to Pop that Pop didn't like, so Pop had to show him who the dictator is and what happens if you don't follow him. You know military approach. I hope Carroll ends up on the Bucks and wins a title or goes to Utah and starts from jump. That would make Pop look even dumber
Real nigga Dewayne Dedmon was rumored to the Clips. That would have been cool.
But latest is he is going to be a Hawk.

slick'81
02-05-2020, 10:49 PM
Spurs have to of agreed to move on from deemmaarree

BlackAndWhite
02-08-2020, 01:48 AM
https://twitter.com/DeMarreCarroll1/status/1225543677508014080

I've never seen an more positive player. I really want answers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2_hLqX3n2s

This was him a year ago. It's hard to believe he has become so bad that he can't even get the same amount of minutes as Marco Belinelli or even Rudy Gay who has been completely trash this season

DPG21920
02-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Spurs not only destroyed Carrolls value after signing him but appear to have done him pretty wrong by not finding a trade partner. They should have even been willing to give up a 2nd round pick to do that.

What they have done to themselves (signed someone who can’t play for them despite needing upgrades) and to him is just bafflingly bad.

monty4329
02-08-2020, 02:04 PM
When he played he was moving like an injured player, one could easily see there was something wrong with his leg(s), absolutely zero spring. I guess after seeing the medical records no team wanted his contract. A buyout is coming, most probably.

SpursDynasty85
02-08-2020, 02:07 PM
Spurs not only destroyed Carrolls value after signing him but appear to have done him pretty wrong by not finding a trade partner. They should have even been willing to give up a 2nd round pick to do that.

What they have done to themselves (signed someone who can’t play for them despite needing upgrades) and to him is just bafflingly bad.

Honestly who cares as long as he plays next year?

ceperez
02-08-2020, 03:42 PM
When he played he was moving like an injured player, one could easily see there was something wrong with his leg(s), absolutely zero spring. I guess after seeing the medical records no team wanted his contract. A buyout is coming, most probably.

PATFO didn't look at the medical records before signing him to a $20m deal. Sounds like gross incompetence.

This Carroll situation is a black eye for the Spurs. Why would a free agent sign with the Spurs only to have their career destroyed? Carroll averaged 11pts/game last season on a playoff team (i.e. Nets)

Leetonidas
02-08-2020, 03:44 PM
PATFO didn't look at the medical records before signing him to a $20m deal. Sounds like gross incompetence.

This Carroll situation is a black eye for the Spurs. Why would a free agent sign with the Spurs only to have their career destroyed? Carroll averaged 11pts/game last season on a playoff team (i.e. Nets)

So did Bryn Forbes. Not really saying much tbh

tim_duncan_fan
02-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Thefew times he has been out there he has looked very awkward with the basketball in his possession.

monty4329
02-08-2020, 04:15 PM

I actually was quite happy about his signing, I always liked him. He was a completely different player here. I hope he got injured in training camp otherwise it is really negligent on PATFO's side. Add the Morris fiasco to it...

pad300
02-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Can't see the training camp injury hypothesis - presumably they would have had to issued a injury report; he's just been getting DNP-CD. Someday we are going to hear the whole story. Currently I suspect that he PO'ed Pop somehow... And if that's the case, Pop needs to take his own advice and "Get over himself".

Truth4sale$
02-08-2020, 04:49 PM
Demarre Caroll can be pissed but he got 7 million from a organization and the organization loss credibility with free agents for the foreseeable future. Might not even be able to sign undrafted free agents

JeffDuncan
02-08-2020, 04:54 PM
Demarre Caroll can be pissed but he got 7 million from a organization and the organization loss credibility with free agents for the foreseeable future. Might not even be able to sign undrafted free agents

$15 million guaranteed.

r0drig0lac
02-08-2020, 05:37 PM
1225964649180471296:lmao Kawhi Morris and Carroll

tbdog
02-08-2020, 05:47 PM
No one was giving a pick for that contract.

ace3g
02-11-2020, 10:33 PM
Someone mentioned they listened to a Podcast that Woj mentioned "100%" Carroll gets a buyout. Anyone have a link to that podcast?

sasaint
02-11-2020, 10:48 PM
1225964649180471296:lmao Kawhi Morris and Carroll

So, maybe PATFO got wind of DeMarre's plan, and that's what made them decide not to buy him out.

Dejounte
02-23-2021, 08:18 AM
https://twitter.com/DeMarreCarroll1/status/1364098242707943425?s=19

There you go, Spurs fans...

https://twitter.com/DeMarreCarroll1/status/1364100923040157696?s=19

Ice009
02-23-2021, 09:22 PM
Wow, Nice guy on the surface. He probably doesn't want to badmouth anyone as he's probably not wanting to burn any bridges to maybe have another shot in the NBA, but he still could have said something negative if he wanted to.

D-Robinson 50 fan
02-23-2021, 10:57 PM
It’s no coincidence he isn’t in the league anymore. He got bought out by our SPURS and went to the ROCKETS, barely played there and now is relaxing at home.

Looks like Pop was right not to give the gentleman minutes because it is obvious he was done as a decent contributor on an NBA roster.

the game eventually passes everyone by. It’s the nature of the beast.