PDA

View Full Version : Hawks: Chandler Parsons' career is likely finished thanks to drunk driver crash

LeGiannis
01-20-2020, 08:38 PM
Fuck these drunk drivers. We all laugh at Parsons' always getting injured but this shit is serious. I hope this drunk driver gets a decade in prison AT LEAST. This shit is no joke.

Laker_1995
01-20-2020, 08:48 PM
Seen people make jokes online and this is no laughing matter. This dude dedicated his life to basketball and worked for this nba job just for some low life loser to fuck it all up. Very sad

lefty
01-20-2020, 09:11 PM
Seen people make jokes online and this is no laughing matter. This dude dedicated his life to basketball and worked for this nba job just for some low life loser to fuck it all up. Very sad
Agreed

whitemamba
01-21-2020, 12:18 PM
alcohol is a toxic substance. kills almost 90,000 people a year in the US alone, this isnt counting all the other problems it causes, like abuse, marital problems, precursor for mental health problems the list goes on and on. America needs to kick alcohol to the curb. The numbers dont lie here.

FrostKing
01-21-2020, 01:10 PM
The driver left the scene. Without priors, he'll get 5 years and serve half with good behavior.

Seventyniner
01-21-2020, 01:14 PM
I hope Portions sues so he can get overpaid again, this time by a jury.

Millennial_Messiah
01-21-2020, 01:27 PM
That's Shitlanta for ya, tbh.

Rosewood
01-21-2020, 06:15 PM
That's Shitlanta for ya, tbh.

NASpurs
01-21-2020, 06:59 PM
lol "career"

The drunk driver seems to have done him a favor and to teams like mine who would had signed him to a loyalty contract five years from now. Now he can go mooch off somewhere else.

Joseph Kony
01-21-2020, 07:53 PM
Parsons is a piece of shit and a huge faggot who thinks it's humorous he gets paid by NBA teams to do nothing, but still, sucks this happened to him.

GAustex
01-21-2020, 09:28 PM
Dude was living large. Saw a pic of him and Blake Griffin with a boat full of twerking thots.
Too bad this happened to him.

DMC
01-21-2020, 09:32 PM
alcohol is a toxic substance. kills almost 90,000 people a year in the US alone, this isnt counting all the other problems it causes, like abuse, marital problems, precursor for mental health problems the list goes on and on. America needs to kick alcohol to the curb. The numbers dont lie here.

I'll drink to that.

Bill_Brasky
01-21-2020, 09:47 PM

Quitting drinking is one of the best things i ever did imo

resistanze
01-22-2020, 11:47 AM
lol "career"

The drunk driver seems to have done him a favor and to teams like mine who would had signed him to a loyalty contract five years from now. Now he can go mooch off somewhere else.

:lol my first thought was 'what career'?

Ghazi
01-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Alcohol is haram

lefty
01-22-2020, 12:17 PM
When did it start?

LeGiannis
01-22-2020, 12:37 PM
:lol my first thought was 'what career'?

Teams were still giving him contracts so......(shrug). It's not his fault that teams were willing to pay him millions of dollars for doing nothing lol.

whitemamba
01-22-2020, 12:41 PM
I'll drink to that.
mein neggar , more protein shakes, less rum and coke :lol

you my friend are ahead of the curve, congratulations.

Laker_1995
01-22-2020, 12:52 PM

My guy :toast

The Gemini Method
01-22-2020, 05:57 PM
At like 2:30pm too? That's insane. Someone turned a working lunch into a drinking lunch apparently. I've been to a couple funerals for victims of Drunk Drivers. One was a couple that just got married 3 months prior to the fatal accident. The guy drove drunk on the wrong side of the 5 freeway and killed them. The other was a college buddy who stopped on the side of the 91 freeway to check on a flat and was clipped by a chick who blew twice the legal limit and tried to run. Terrible thing to do and is inexcusable as ever with all the ride share apps that one can take advantage of.

DMC
01-22-2020, 11:53 PM
mein neggar , more protein shakes, less rum and coke :lol

you my friend are ahead of the curve, congratulations.
I never had a drinking problem so I laugh at people who do. I laugh then I have a drink.

phxspurfan
01-23-2020, 03:36 AM
Teams were still giving him contracts so......(shrug). It's not his fault that teams were willing to pay him millions of dollars for doing nothing lol.

See other white players who get paid for doing nothing

Brian Scalabrine
Steve Kerr
Jelly Olynyk
Grayson Allen
Matt Bonner
Mike Miller
Miles Plumlee
Nick Collison
Steve Blake
Luke Walton
Mark Madsen
Tyler Hansbrough
Steve Novak
Pat Connaughton
Donte Divincenzo
Frank Kaminsky
TJ Leaf
TJ McConnell
Mike Muscala
Daniel Theis
Cody Zeller

Most of the guys on the Utah Jazz, Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics and sometimes Milwaukee that aren’t Black any given season

Basically if you’re decent enough to be borderline NBA and a white American, you’ll be a player most of the fan base (white middle class) can relate to, and will help owners sell tickets. Here’s 5 mill go ride the bench

Spurtacular
01-24-2020, 12:05 AM
Society isn't that serious about this stuff, tbh.

Spurtacular
01-24-2020, 12:07 AM

Brian Scalabrine
Steve Kerr
Jelly Olynyk
Grayson Allen
Matt Bonner
Mike Miller
Miles Plumlee
Nick Collison
Steve Blake
Luke Walton
Mark Madsen
Tyler Hansbrough
Steve Novak
Pat Connaughton
Donte Divincenzo
Frank Kaminsky
TJ Leaf
TJ McConnell
Mike Muscala
Daniel Theis
Cody Zeller

Most of the guys on the Utah Jazz, Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics and sometimes Milwaukee that aren’t Black any given season

Basically if you’re decent enough to be borderline NBA and a white American, you’ll be a player most of the fan base (white middle class) can relate to, and will help owners sell tickets. Here’s 5 mill go ride the bench

A lot of those players made significant role player contributions at one time or another.

Brian Scalabrine may be one the weakest players on the list; but even he was pretty good for a 12th man.

Spurtacular
01-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Parsons made over $100 million in his very underwhelming NBA career (which had real potential IMO). I can't feel too bad for him, tbh.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/01/21/chandler-parsons-hawks-car-accident-injuries

LeGiannis
01-24-2020, 06:17 PM
Society isn't that serious about this stuff, tbh.

You are wrong. Niggas are being sentenced to 5, 10, 20 years for drunk driving/hit & run convictions. Drunk drivers usually are too drunk to realize they have to stop after they hit someone. If you kill someone as a drunk driver, you can be charged with second-degree murder and get a life sentence.

koriwhat
01-24-2020, 07:22 PM
You are wrong. Niggas are being sentenced to 5, 10, 20 years for drunk driving/hit & run convictions. Drunk drivers usually are too drunk to realize they have to stop after they hit someone. If you kill someone as a drunk driver, you can be charged with second-degree murder and get a life sentence.

shit... the one who hit me head on, when i was 25, and almost pushed my car over the bridge of NW Military got 0 time and only had to pay out $1000 while i no longer had a car and a bad back. fuck drunk drivers and drivers without insurance. as well, fuck the judiciary system that gave that bitch a slap on the wrist while i had to figure out a way to get around again and live with pain.

Spurtacular
01-24-2020, 07:34 PM

Fair points. But how often do people get slaps on the wrist for DUI's w/o injuries/deaths?

LeGiannis
01-25-2020, 03:25 AM
Fair points. But how often do people get slaps on the wrist for DUI's w/o injuries/deaths?

I'm specifically referring to cases involving hit & run and/or death. DUI alone will not put you in prison.

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 03:29 AM
I'm specifically referring to cases involving hit & run and/or death. DUI alone will not put you in prison.

Which is why I say US not serious about enough about it. But we love to cry murder when someone does die.

Mark Celibate
01-25-2020, 11:52 AM

Brian Scalabrine
Steve Kerr
Jelly Olynyk
Grayson Allen
Matt Bonner
Mike Miller
Miles Plumlee
Nick Collison
Steve Blake
Luke Walton
Mark Madsen
Tyler Hansbrough
Steve Novak
Pat Connaughton
Donte Divincenzo
Frank Kaminsky
TJ Leaf
TJ McConnell
Mike Muscala
Daniel Theis
Cody Zeller

tbh the Utah White Jazz dynasty fell apart after Hayward went to Boston imo

Fat Brandon Bass
01-25-2020, 11:53 AM
shit... the one who hit me head on, when i was 25, and almost pushed my car over the bridge of NW Military got 0 time and only had to pay out $1000 while i no longer had a car and a bad back. fuck drunk drivers and drivers without insurance. as well, fuck the judiciary system that gave that bitch a slap on the wrist while i had to figure out a way to get around again and live with pain.

shit you were in a head-on collision? tbh that explains a lot

was this before or after the calf tats?

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 02:26 PM
shit you were in a head-on collision? tbh that explains a lot

was this before or after the calf tats?

Lol tryhards

DMC
01-26-2020, 04:10 PM
Portions probably thanking his lucky stars about right now.