PDA

View Full Version : NYT endorses Warren & Klobuchar

ElNono
01-21-2020, 04:16 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/19/opinion/amy-klobuchar-elizabeth-warren-nytimes-endorsement.html

Spurtacular
01-21-2020, 04:46 AM
Old Clam Times

spurraider21
01-21-2020, 11:44 AM
makes no sense to endorse 2 people... and less sense to endorse 2 candidates with such differing policy positions. just smells like "women candidates" virtue signaling imho

Spurminator
01-21-2020, 11:58 AM
The NYT needs a major overhaul.

baseline bum
01-21-2020, 12:10 PM
WTF does anyone see in Klobuchar?

Reck
01-21-2020, 12:47 PM

I keep hearing that she’s a “safe dem” pick.

Never mind that she would get trounced by Trump but she’s also even more boring than Hillary in every way. Highly unappealing woman.

spurraider21
01-21-2020, 12:48 PM

Never mind that she would get trounced by Trump but it’s also even more boring than Hillary in every way. Highly unappealing woman.
she's just as boring as hillary, but doenst came with the same baggage (nor does she come with the same pedigree)

ChumpDumper
01-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Klobuchar is probably an OK VP choice if that makes any difference in the rust belt.

This endorsement is farcical tho.

Reck
01-21-2020, 12:55 PM
Klobuchar is probably an OK VP choice if that makes any difference in the rust belt.

Only if Bernie were to win the nom. Biden/Klobuchar would be an epic fail.

A Warren/Klobuchar ticket would probably be even worse.

ChumpDumper
01-21-2020, 12:57 PM
Only if Bernie were to win the nom. Biden/Klobuchar would be an epic fail.

A Warren/Klobuchar ticket would probably be even worse.I guess it depends on what states one thinks are in play.

baseline bum
01-21-2020, 12:57 PM
she's just as boring as hillary, but doenst came with the same baggage (nor does she come with the same pedigree)

The right wing mass media would find some way to attach baggage to her.

boutons_deux
01-21-2020, 01:27 PM

yep, weird, she's polling 5th or 6th, even behind Yang, but NYT says she's "center".

None of them will get anything legislation done w/o the Senate, but they might try to rebuild the govt, but they won't.

Winehole23
01-21-2020, 09:08 PM
WTF does anyone see in Klobuchar?She's mean to employees. Signifies tuffness.

Winehole23
01-21-2020, 09:11 PM

Never mind that she would get trounced by Trump but she’s also even more boring than Hillary in every way. Highly unappealing woman.Nah, just not as well known. I disagree that Klobuchar has the same baggage as HRC. In fact, it's her lack of baggage and reputation that tells. She's not well known enough to be as unlikable as HRC or even Warren.

Reck
01-21-2020, 09:42 PM
Nah, just not as well known. I disagree that Klobuchar has the same baggage as HRC. In fact, it's her lack of baggage and reputation that tells. She's not well known enough to be as unlikable as HRC or even Warren.

I said boring. The fact that she doesn’t have baggage may help her enough to just exist on the map but I was just playing around with a site AaronY posted that tracks each candidates percentages with each demographic and she’s nowhere with pretty much all categories.

https://projects.economist.com/democratic-primaries-2020/candidate/amy-klobuchar/

DMC
01-21-2020, 10:24 PM
If we cannot get some real Marxist in office, the country is doomed.

Winehole23
01-21-2020, 10:29 PM
If we cannot get some real Marxist in office, the country is doomed.There hasn't been a real Marxist in US politics since Gus Hall, tbh.

Isitjustme?
01-30-2020, 02:14 PM
This paid off lol

Reck
01-30-2020, 05:22 PM
This paid off lol

Bloomberg at 11%
https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/eb/eb3d921db89f5e606074e69f8b3e2270.jpeg

Will Hunting
01-30-2020, 06:15 PM
Bloomberg at 11%
https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/eb/eb3d921db89f5e606074e69f8b3e2270.jpeg
Wonder who he’s sniping votes from....seems like Buttplug might be losing a lot of supporters to him.

Spurminator
01-30-2020, 06:18 PM
Bloomberg at 11%

This surprises you? Are you seeing a bunch of Steyer ads in NFL games?

Will Hunting
01-30-2020, 06:21 PM
This surprises you? Are you seeing a bunch of Steyer ads in NFL games?
It’s not surprising more than it is infuriating that someone who used to be a (and still is on most issues) Republican can climb to 3rd in the primary vote just by using his fortune to spam substanceless ads during NFL games.

To any Biden supporter who reads that and wants to react with :cry you Bernie Bros are smearing any Democrat you don’t like by calling them Republicans :cry, Michael Bloomberg actually was a Republican when he ran for mayor of New York. He had an R next to his name and everything.

Spurtacular
01-30-2020, 07:00 PM

Tell us about how it's farcical.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2020, 07:06 PM
Tell us about how it's farcical.Because they endorsed two different candidates.

:lol it's a mystery to derp

Reck
01-30-2020, 07:22 PM

Depends on who's the nominee.

If Biden, then it's no good. Moderate and moderate is not a recipe for success, imo.

Spurtacular
01-30-2020, 07:26 PM
Because they endorsed two different candidates.

:lol it's a mystery to derp

It was you giving yourself wiggle room; par.

And endorsing two when there is this many left does not seem farcical at all.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2020, 07:28 PM
It was you giving yourself wiggle room; par.

And endorsing two when there is this many left does not seem farcical at all.It is farcical.

No wiggle room.

Of course you can't understand.

Spurtacular
01-30-2020, 07:34 PM
It is farcical.

No wiggle room.

Of course you can't understand.

Yes, you did give yourself wiggle room by not explaining yourself whatsoever. You routinely do that. Of course, you can understand.

Endorsing two is not farcical. They're saying either candidate works for them. Of course, you can understand.

Will Hunting
01-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Outside of 1-2 fluke elections where VP pick was a big topic (Cheney and Palin), how much does running mate really matter? It’s one of the most unnecessarily talked about election topics imo.

She better pick a male running mate!
He better pick a female running mate!
Whitey better pick a black VP!
Darkie better pick a white VP!

ChumpDumper
01-30-2020, 07:45 PM
Yes, you did give yourself wiggle room by not explaining yourself whatsoever.No.

Endorsing two is not farcical.It is.

Reck
01-30-2020, 07:51 PM
No.

It is.

You could've just given him the definition of the word.

This is like Trump endorsing two GOP candidates running for the same seat and doing rallies for both. It's a joke=farce.

:lol derp needing in-depth explanations.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2020, 07:53 PM
You could've just given him the definition of the word.

This is like Trump endorsing two GOP candidates running for the same seat and doing rallies for both. It's a joke=farce.

:lol derp needing in-depth explanations.Oh man, he's going to throw a real tantrum now.

somerset
01-30-2020, 08:07 PM
Seems pretty weak to endorse two. Maybe they are planting the seeds that the dems should choose these two to run as P/VP. Other than that, its farcical. Nice word, BTW.

Spurtacular
01-30-2020, 08:09 PM
It's not farcical. It's reasonable. If you want to say it waters down the impact you can. But who is putting that kind of stock in Old Clam Times at this point?

somerset
01-30-2020, 08:15 PM
It's not farcical. It's reasonable. If you want to say it waters down the impact you can. But who is putting that kind of stock in Old Clam Times at this point?

It sounds like you are taken this endorsement seriously. Ha

Admissions Office
01-30-2020, 08:31 PM
It sounds like you are taken this endorsement seriously. Ha

We've received your application and are reviewing it.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2020, 10:38 PM
It sounds like you are taken this endorsement seriously. Ha:lol you made derp run to an alt

Spurtacular
01-31-2020, 02:59 AM
:lol you made derp run to an alt

Chump endorsement. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-31-2020, 04:34 AM
Chump endorsement. :lmao:lmao your alts

Spurtacular
01-31-2020, 10:47 AM
:lmao your alts

:cry Muh Chumpettes Я special :cry

:lmao

ChumpDumper
01-31-2020, 12:51 PM
:cry Muh Chumpettes Я special :cry

:lmao
:lol I don't know the guy. I'm just laughing at you, snowflake.

Spurtacular
01-31-2020, 05:55 PM
:lol I don't know the guy. I'm just laughing at you, snowflake.

You'll take whatever BS you can get though.

lol Dump

DMX7
01-31-2020, 09:43 PM
I think Warren would get crushed by Trump. I think Biden would win easily. Biden has consistently been like 1% behind Trump in Texas in the polling. Imagine that being a competitive race.

Reck
01-31-2020, 09:45 PM
I think Warren would get crushed by Trump. I think Biden would win easily. Biden has consistently been like 1% behind Trump in Texas in the polling. Imagine that being a competitive race.

The DNC is maniacally trying to throw this election into the trash can again. They just changed the debate rules just so Bloomberg can participate on them. It's like they're daring people to vote for Trump.

Spurtacular
01-31-2020, 10:43 PM

I can't imagine it even for a second. You're dumb if you think TX will be close.

Reck
01-31-2020, 11:18 PM
I can't imagine it even for a second. You're dumb if you think TX will be close.

It was in 2016, derp.

GOP candidates usually win that state by 30-35 points. Trump won it by 9.

DMX7
01-31-2020, 11:21 PM

What percentage do you define as close? Beto-Cruz senate race was about a 2% margin.

Spurtacular
01-31-2020, 11:51 PM
What percentage do you define as close? Beto-Cruz senate race was about a 2% margin.

That was with mega funding for a "rock star" vs. a very unlikable candidate.

Trump vs. Hitler was nine percent margin.

Spurtacular
01-31-2020, 11:59 PM
It was in 2016, derp.

GOP candidates usually win that state by 30-35 points. Trump won it by 9.

Sydney MacCain won it by 11
Romney won it by 17

TX is more urbanized, and Trump is not the "moderate" they were. Some slippage was expected. TX still firmly red for now.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2020, 04:04 AM
You'll take whatever BS you can get though.

lol DumpI laugh at you whenever you're a little bitch.

You're a little bitch.

lol derp

Spurtacular
02-01-2020, 04:50 AM
I laugh at you whenever you're a little bitch.

You're a little bitch.

lol derp

:lol The ankle biting

ChumpDumper
02-01-2020, 05:06 AM
:lol The ankle biting:lol yeah, it's good that you see the humor in your ankle biting. Everyone else does.

DMX7
02-01-2020, 12:14 PM
That was with mega funding for a "rock star" vs. a very unlikable candidate.

Trump vs. Hitler was nine percent margin.

Joe Biden is not Hillary Clinton though. Polling suggests he's much more competitive in Texas and is leading in much of the rust belt. Trump knows this which is why he tried to get Ukraine involved as soon as Biden began running and polling strongly against him. Basically got impeached in fear of Biden.

Will Hunting
02-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Joe Biden is not Hillary Clinton though. Polling suggests he's much more competitive in Texas and is leading in much of the rust belt. Trump knows this which is why he tried to get Ukraine involved as soon as Biden began running and polling strongly against him. Basically got impeached in fear of Biden.
The polls showed Hillary winning the rust belt too (pretty sure PA was even outside the margin of error heading into the election). The polls don’t factor in voter enthusiasm/turnout. The rust belt Republicans love Trump a lot more than the rust belt Democrats love any of these candidates, from Biden to Sanders.

Millennial_Messiah
02-01-2020, 01:17 PM

Never mind that she would get trounced by Trump but she’s also even more boring than Hillary in every way. Highly unappealing woman.

she'd be a repeat of 84 mondale in every way possible :lol

Will Hunting
02-01-2020, 01:53 PM

She’s also the embodiment of every negative stereotype about female politicians that ever existed....shrill, bitchy, etc...some of the stories about how she treats her interns are unreal.

DMX7
02-01-2020, 03:32 PM
The polls showed Hillary winning the rust belt too (pretty sure PA was even outside the margin of error heading into the election). The polls don’t factor in voter enthusiasm/turnout. The rust belt Republicans love Trump a lot more than the rust belt Democrats love any of these candidates, from Biden to Sanders.

Hillary was not a great candidate to begin with and Bernie left her bruised badly from the primary. Let's see who the candidate is. Biden is not exciting but I think the rust belt just has a comfort factor with him. Warren, on the other hand, would get crushed.

Spurtacular
02-01-2020, 04:14 PM

There were fake polls in 2016, too. You enjoy rooting for your creeper on the strength of the submission polls, Ankle Biter X7. :lol

Reck
02-01-2020, 05:41 PM

IIRC the polls coming out of PA in the last few weeks were in the margin of error. Her lead got down to something like 3-4 points.

EDIT:

The average of the three final polls in Pennsylvania had Clinton leading by a single point and the last poll taken had Trump ahead by a point. He won the state by seven-tenths of a point.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/315145-one-last-look-2016-polls-actually-got-a-lot-right

Yeah she was terrible.

Spurminator
02-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Bloomberg is gaining by focusing on states with a high delegate count. He doesn't need Iowa and New Hampshire because he can outspend the national publicity that candidates get from winning those states. That's the real value of the early primaries - free media. It ain't the delegates.

I'm starting to think he has a real shot.

Reck
02-01-2020, 05:43 PM
Bloomberg is gaining by focusing on states with a high delegate count. He doesn't need Iowa and New Hampshire because he can outspend the national publicity that candidates get from winning those states. That's the real value of the early primaries - free media. It ain't the delegates.

How so?

I dont think he's capable of winning even one primary.

spurraider21
02-01-2020, 05:47 PM

yeah thats been his strat for sure... but hes still not polling all that well in CA or TX

still a month out, to be fair

Momo
02-01-2020, 05:48 PM
There were fake polls in 2016, too. You enjoy rooting for your creeper on the strength of the submission polls, Ankle Biter X7. :lol
Kill yourself, faggot

baseline bum
02-01-2020, 05:51 PM

I still don't buy that Bloomberg is trying to win. I think he's trying to setup a third party run if Sanders or Warren gets the nomination. We can thank Bloomberg for Trump not being held accountable yesterday with all the money he dropped into Toomey's campaign. Fuck Bloomberg, I'll vote for Trump before I'll vote for him.

ChumpDumper
02-01-2020, 05:53 PM
yeah thats been his strat for sure... but hes still not polling all that well in CA or TX

still a month out, to be fairGlass half empty or half full, I guess. He's leapfrogged into fourth place in a bunch of Super Tuesday states FWIW. I'd prefer he just drop out and pour his money into winning the senate if he's serious about any of this.

Reck
02-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Glass half empty or half full, I guess. He's leapfrogged into fourth place in a bunch of Super Tuesday states FWIW. I'd prefer he just drop out and pour his money into winning the senate if he's serious about any of this.

I'd like to know who these people are.

Here you have a bunch of moderate democrats crying about how Trump is an elite rich bastard who doesn't give a shit but at the same time show support for another elite rich bastard whose alliance is questionable at best.

DMC
02-01-2020, 05:58 PM

Here you have a bunch of moderate democrats crying about how Trump is an elite rich bastard who doesn't give a shit but at the same time show support for another elite rich bastard whose alliance is questionable at best.

Team sports

ChumpDumper
02-01-2020, 05:59 PM

Here you have a bunch of moderate democrats crying about how Trump is an elite rich bastard who doesn't give a shit but at the same time show support for another elite rich bastard whose alliance is questionable at best.People who watch TV, I reckon.

Will Hunting
02-01-2020, 06:18 PM

Low information voters who’s support can be won if you hammer them with the same talking point over and over and over again.

Isitjustme?
02-01-2020, 07:17 PM
I still don't buy that Bloomberg is trying to win. I think he's trying to setup a third party run if Sanders or Warren gets the nomination. We can thank Bloomberg for Trump not being held accountable yesterday with all the money he dropped into Toomey's campaign. Fuck Bloomberg, I'll vote for Trump before I'll vote for him.

Bloomberg is taking moderate votes from Biden per Morning Consult so he would be helping progressives

baseline bum
02-01-2020, 07:21 PM
Bloomberg is taking moderate votes from Biden per Morning Consult so he would be helping progressives

It's not about the primary. Bloomberg is perfectly fine with a Trump presidency or he wouldn't have put a ton of money into Toomey's campaign in 2016. It's about setting up a third party run to try to prevent a wealth tax that Sanders or Warren would try to push through as president.

baseline bum
02-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Glass half empty or half full, I guess. He's leapfrogged into fourth place in a bunch of Super Tuesday states FWIW. I'd prefer he just drop out and pour his money into winning the senate if he's serious about any of this.

He wouldn't be pouring his money into our side.

DMX7
02-01-2020, 09:45 PM

lol, so triggered. :lol

Spurtacular
02-01-2020, 10:18 PM
lol, so triggered. :lol

:lmao Your Dems are your corporate masters at the end of the day.

Spurminator
02-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Fuck Bloomberg, I'll vote for Trump before I'll vote for him.

I mean I'm with you on "fuck Bloomberg" but I can't think of a single thing that makes a Trump reelection preferable to a Bloomberg presidency.

Will Hunting
02-02-2020, 05:59 PM
I mean I'm with you on "fuck Bloomberg" but I can't think of a single thing that makes a Trump reelection preferable to a Bloomberg presidency.

- Better results in the 2022 senate midterms if Trump is still in office making Democrats angry
- Better long term if the recession that’s like to hit prior to 2024 gets blamed on a Republican

Before voting for Bloomberg I’d want to know what kind of Supreme Court justices he’s picking. If he’s going the corporatist route and picks justices who agree with the citizens united ruling (god knows he clearly wants the rich to be able to control elections) then the above two factors are reason enough to vote for Trump over Bloomberg.

Reck
02-02-2020, 06:16 PM
- Better results in the 2022 senate midterms if Trump is still in office making Democrats angry
- Better long term if the recession that’s like to hit prior to 2024 gets blamed on a Republican

Before voting for Bloomberg I’d want to know what kind of Supreme Court justices he’s picking. If he’s going the corporatist route and picks justices who agree with the citizens united ruling (god knows he clearly wants the rich to be able to control elections) then the above two factors are reason enough to vote for Trump over Bloomberg.

The right answer is vote for niether.

I see Bloomberg as an extension of what Trump is. Maybe less radical but still cut from the same cloth.

The wait and see approach is nonsense. Why would democrats be any more or less angry in 2 years from now if Trump's still in office? What makes you think people will start blaming Trump and his puppet senators in 4 years if the recession hits? Like what thay've done up to this point is not cause enough to vote them the fuck out?

Trump would find a way to blame anyone but himself if a recession hits us. Have we learned nothing from these past 3 years?

In my opinion if we dont at least get rid of Trump and gain a few seats in the senate this year, it's not going to happen in the next cycle either.

Will Hunting
02-02-2020, 06:21 PM
The right answer is vote for niether.

I see Bloomberg as an extension of what Trump is. Maybe less radical but still cut from the same cloth.

The wait and see approach is nonsense. Why would democrats be any more or less angry in 2 years from now if Trump's still in office? What makes you think people will start blaming Trump and his puppet senators in 4 years if the recession hits? Like what thay've done up to this point is not cause enough to vote them the fuck out?

Trump would find a way to blame anyone but himself if a recession hits us. Have we learned nothing from these past 3 years?

In my opinion if we dont at least get rid of Trump and gain a few seats in the senate this year, it's not going to happen in the next cycle either.
Are you really going to try and argue that Democrats don’t completely fuck the pooch in turning out for mid term elections when it’s their guy in the whitehouse? If a bland moderate like Bloomberg wins the Democrats will get trounced in midterm elections worse than they even did with Obama.

Reck
02-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Are you really going to try and argue that Democrats don’t completely fuck the pooch in turning out for mid term elections when it’s their guy in the whitehouse? If a bland moderate like Bloomberg wins the Democrats will get trounced in midterm elections worse than they even did with Obama.

I'm not saying they dont. But you're banking on anger as if Republicans aren't better at playing the angry card better than us. I mean rofl they won the presidency on it and they are still angry for some reason.

spurraider21
02-02-2020, 06:40 PM

Bloomberg’s justice selection would be preferable to anyone trump would pick

Will Hunting
02-02-2020, 07:50 PM
Bloomberg’s justice selection would be preferable to anyone trump would pick
Definitely wouldn’t be worse but I’m not convinced it’d be better. Bloomberg is every bit as much of a small government deregulation friendly corporatist as Trump is.

spurraider21
02-02-2020, 07:51 PM
Definitely wouldn’t be worse but I’m not convinced it’d be better. Bloomberg is every bit as much of a small government deregulation friendly corporatist as Trump is.
he's never going to put a gorsuch/kavanaugh, man. i get what you're saying but its a false equivalence

Will Hunting
02-02-2020, 07:53 PM
I'm not saying they dont. But you're banking on anger as if Republicans aren't better at playing the angry card better than us. I mean rofl they won the presidency on it and they are still angry for some reason.
That wasn’t what I was saying, my bad for using the word angry when it’s not literally what I meant.

In 2018 they were angry but Democrats basically matched Republicans in turnout. If Trump wins, I’d expect something similar in 2022 unless there’s an economic downturn before then in which case I’d expect independents/moderates to be landsiide in favor of the Dems like they were in 2006. If Bloomberg wins though the Dems get trounced in 2022 no matter what.

Will Hunting
02-02-2020, 07:54 PM
he's never going to put a gorsuch/kavanaugh, man. i get what you're saying but its a false equivalence
I could easily see him appointing a Gorsuch or Kavanaugh (two guys his besty Pat Toomey voted in favor of).

baseline bum
02-02-2020, 08:44 PM

Trump will beat the ever living shit out of Bloomberg in a general election, so it would be more like a fuck you vote to the Democratic party if they think Bloomberg is the answer.

Spurminator
02-02-2020, 10:37 PM

Better long term if the recession that’s like to hit prior to 2024 gets blamed on a Republican

You may be right on both of these but I also think you could say the same thing for any Democrat candidate. So this doesn't feel like so much an argument against Bloomberg as it is an argument for just letting Trump win again.

2022 is no easy feat if Trump is in office, because he'll still have voter suppression on his side and he'll be pushing many of those efforts while his administration stands by and lets it happen. As far as blame for the recession, I'd still rather have Bloomberg for 4 years followed by a different Republican, than to have another 4 years of Donald Trump. JMO

Spurminator
02-02-2020, 10:51 PM
Dems need to control the Presidency and both houses ASAP regardless of how they get there and give DC and PR statehood as one of their first actions, and restore the VRA. The US as a whole moves left when we can render the racist/gun obsessive portion of the conservative vote a fringe third party where it belongs. Right now they have a disproportionate influence on national elections, so GOP leaders have to cater to them whether they really want to or not.

Spurtacular
02-02-2020, 10:55 PM
You guys overthink this. It's going to be sh** every voting cycle regardless of who is in power.

Will Hunting
02-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Dems need to control the Presidency and both houses ASAP regardless of how they get there and give DC and PR statehood as one of their first actions, and restore the VRA. The US as a whole moves left when we can render the racist/gun obsessive portion of the conservative vote a fringe third party where it belongs. Right now they have a disproportionate influence on national elections, so GOP leaders have to cater to them whether they really want to or not.
The only way they become a fringe 3rd party is a constitutional amendment that changes how the Senate works. As long as North Dakota has as many senators as California the rural retards are going to be massively overrepresented.

Spurminator
02-02-2020, 11:00 PM
The only way they become a fringe 3rd party is a constitutional amendment that changes how the Senate works. As long as North Dakota has as many senators as California the rural retards are going to be massively overrepresented.

That's why you make DC and PR states. I think a new -4 Senate disadvantage would change things tremendously as far as the GOP's general approach.

boutons_deux
02-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Klobuchar asked to resign for imprisoning a supposedly innocent black teen for life.