PDA

View Full Version : What did Carroll say to Pop?

RC_Drunkford
01-21-2020, 04:00 PM
I want to know your theories. He must have said something to him that Pop didn't like, otherwise Pop wouldn't have rookies active over him when he played Dante Cunningham and charity case Quincy Pondexter last year. Carroll must have gotten on Pop's bad side. Did he vote for Trump like Dedmon?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-21-2020, 04:04 PM
:pop: I want you to tell Bryn and Marco their better than you.

Carroll: N*&&a fuck you

gambit1990
01-21-2020, 04:25 PM
maybe carroll asked the young guys about scoring blow and pop caught wind of that.

just saw his twitter for the first time ever and he's like, the most positive nba player :lol weird pop wouldn't be playing him considering he played dante and quincy.

John B
01-21-2020, 05:15 PM
maybe carroll asked the young guys about scoring blow and pop caught wind of that.

just saw his twitter for the first time ever and he's like, the most positive nba player :lol weird pop wouldn't be playing him considering he played dante and quincy.
Just saw his twitter too. He's like, "take advantage of your opportunity, today." It's not what he said, but he probably just doesn't get it.

SpursforSix
01-21-2020, 05:30 PM
nm

cd021
01-21-2020, 05:33 PM
I don't buy that he's washed up; he was a good player during his time with the Nets and looked decent in the PS. For him to not even play is pretty damn shocking.

Dex
01-21-2020, 05:43 PM
Probably said something like, "Trump is going to make America great again". :lol

Seriously though...this whole saga is just weird. Pop has always run some weird rotations, but I've never seen the Spurs relegate their "big offseason acquisition" to the third string. Morris deserves a lot of blame with the whole Bertans things, but let's not forget that also resulted in the Spurs restructuring things with Carroll so the interest was obviously there.

Something went down. Either he and Pop don't see eye-to-eye, he is hurt, or he is straight up washed...but I find the latter hard to believe considering he was a decent role player as recently as last season.

That said...he hasn't looked good even in the spot minutes he has gotten. He had like one decent preseason game, and otherwise he just seems slow and lost on the court.

ceperez
01-21-2020, 05:55 PM
Probably said something like, "Trump is going to make America great again". :lol

Seriously though...this whole saga is just weird. Pop has always run some weird rotations, but I've never seen the Spurs relegate their "big offseason acquisition" to the third string. Morris deserves a lot of blame with the whole Bertans things, but let's not forget that also resulted in the Spurs restructuring things with Carroll so the interest was obviously there.

Something went down. Either he and Pop don't see eye-to-eye, he is hurt, or he is straight up washed...but I find the latter hard to believe considering he was a decent role player as recently as last season.

That said...he hasn't looked good even in the spot minutes he has gotten. He had like one decent preseason game, and otherwise he just seems slow and lost on the court.

Having less of an impact than Dante Cunningham last season. PATFO is dysfunctional. Not only did they mess up the Bertans - Morris trade. They messed up signing Carroll $7m for 3 seasons. $14m for Gay for 2 seasons. Murray $15m+ for 4 seasons. They have no more cash to sign the other folks.

BlackAndWhite
01-21-2020, 05:57 PM
Pop has become a tyrant . I find it very difficult to believe that he's unable to play at all considering he had very solid seasons with the nets. The fact that he desires to play seem to indicate that he believe he's capable and furthermore, even if he did decline, he would still be better than Marco

james evans
01-21-2020, 06:02 PM
:pop: I want you to tell Bryn and Marco their better than you.

Carroll: N*&&a fuck you
Hahaha

james evans
01-21-2020, 06:02 PM
Pop has become a tyrant . I find it very difficult to believe that he's unable to play at all considering he had very solid seasons with the nets. The fact that he desires to play seem to indicate that he believe he's capable and furthermore, even if he did decline, he would still be better than Marco
Half of this goddamn forum are better than bellineli

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2020, 08:00 PM

I can't believe he's regressed beyond what Pondexter and Cunningham provided last year. He really hasn't even had a chance to prove what he can do in real games, and God knows Pop's leash is long with guys like Marco and Forbes, so the fact our big off season acquisition is a constant DNP makes zero sense. Pop's got me scratching my head a lot this year though. He seems determined to want to claw for that 8 seed.

Rummpd
01-21-2020, 08:06 PM
Pop needs to go but sadly not going to happen

Russ
01-21-2020, 08:09 PM
It's safe to say that the FA portion of this off-season was botched.

On the other hand, the Spurs aced the draft which is way more important.

tbdog
01-21-2020, 08:10 PM
His constant dnp is troubling. Not even a spot minute, foul trouble, a look at something different.

JuneJive
01-21-2020, 08:11 PM
Pop loves to play vets, so this is baffling.

He is either washed up or got on Pop's bad side.
I can't see any other explanation.

TD 21
01-21-2020, 08:20 PM

Based on what?

BlackAndWhite
01-21-2020, 08:40 PM
He's not washed. I watched his games from last year and he was a decent role player, not someone who can't get a single minute

ismael-robert
01-21-2020, 08:58 PM
Didn't he play a regular season game where he hit 4 3s? Maybe his style of dress shows pop hes not over himself but that'd be dang superficial. I mean they're not even showcasing him for trade bait.

ZeusWillJudge
01-21-2020, 09:20 PM

Ehhhh… they would have aced it with a better pick at 19. I was against Samanic before the draft, and I still think it was a mistake. What would Thybulle have been worth in that game last night, when they just needed to hold a lead? Or Brandon Clarke for that matter. I was all for Keldon, and Spoon was one of the dark horse picks I wanted the Spurs to take, so I can't argue that part.

Personally, I don't think it makes any difference whether Carroll is washed or not. Signing a guy who can't get ANY minutes is a serious screwup. (Jackie Butler comes to mind.) If Carroll isn't shot, it's a FO screwup. And if he's still capable of contributing, it's a Pop screwup.

vavvi
01-21-2020, 10:26 PM
Why is nobody asking Pop about Carroll?

If something like that happened in European soccer or basketball (in any league), the media would ask coaches and management multiple questions about this kind of acquisition?
But nodody’s asking Pop. That’s just weird. This way we would at least have an official version.

spurraider21
01-21-2020, 10:36 PM
probably walked into their first practice wearing a "Blacks for Trump" shirt

UZER
01-21-2020, 10:38 PM
Why is nobody asking Pop about Carroll?

If something like that happened in European soccer or basketball (in any league), the media would ask coaches and management multiple questions about this kind of acquisition?
But nodody’s asking Pop. That’s just weird. This way we would at least have an official version.

Pop is the Emperors New Clothes right now.

Everyone is just "too stupid" to see what he's wearing and won't call him out for walking around naked.

GAustex
01-21-2020, 10:49 PM
Pop is the Emperors New Clothes right now.

Everyone is just "too stupid" to see what he's wearing and won't call him out for walking around naked.
Not that you will check
But I have a number of posts asking someone to ask poop about Tin Man Carroll

dbestpro
01-21-2020, 11:14 PM
If reporters would do their job instead of being paid spokesmen for the product someone would have the balls to ask.

RC_Drunkford
01-21-2020, 11:57 PM
They asked him at the beginning of the season and Pop simply said he's behind Rudy and Trey in the rotation, which still doesn't make sense cause Carroll is a SF. They could've just resigned Cunningham if they don't plan on playing Carroll. The fact that he's collecting DNPs while healthy means he has done something that pissed Pop off. What that is I don't know.

JPB
01-22-2020, 12:35 AM
What did Carroll say to Pop?

"I know what you did last summer".

SpurPadre
01-22-2020, 12:49 AM

You're kidding right? Blue font that shit then cuz it's way too early to make that judgement when they haven't played real NBA minutes yet.

spurs10
01-22-2020, 01:53 AM
Carroll- 'Hey Pop I hold you in the highest regard, but what is the deal with Bryn Forbes? The other teams just go straight at him.'
Pop- 'Time for you to hit the shower mister! You better have plenty of street clothes because you're gonna need'm!'

get_mills_out
01-22-2020, 10:10 AM
What would Thybulle have been worth in that game last night, when they just needed to hold a lead?

There's a 0% chance he would be playing for the Spurs.

He would be driving up and down I-35, watching the big boys in a suit and "getting over himself" for 30 minutes a night in Austin.

Same thing when people say we botched the Bertans thing. Sure, he's a great player for the Wizards. A lot of us knew he could reach that level. But, had he re-signed here, he would 100% be playing spot minutes 16mpg when Pop was upset with Gay or Lyles, just like he did for most of his time here.

get_mills_out
01-22-2020, 10:13 AM
The brute fact is that Pop truly doesn't think anyone, young or vet, who doesn't know "the system" by heart has anything to contribute in the short term, which is all he cares about.

Darius Bieber
01-22-2020, 10:16 AM
Probably called out Pop for his bullshit lineups tbh

Proxy
01-22-2020, 10:44 AM
doesn't seem farfetched to imagine a situation where he came in with a big ego expecting to start and be the team's savior based on what so many people were saying about the team needing an SF last year to be elite with Murray returning

BlackAndWhite
01-22-2020, 10:55 AM
He doesn't appear to be the type of guy that has a ego. In fact his wife picked the spurs for him which means its unlikely he has a savior mentality when joining the team.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-22-2020, 10:58 AM
He is just washed. I wonder though if he had an undisclosed injury before being picked up by us and waited until after free agency to tell us. Like maybe he has a nagging knee injury that won't go away

EasyMoney
01-22-2020, 11:05 AM
“He’s good people,” Popovich said. “At this point, it’s a new program for him and he’s got a couple guys ahead of him at that position. It’s been tough for him to get minutes, but he’s been professional about it and done everything I could ask.”

When pop was asked about Carroll. I find this bullshit. Why sign him then if the rotations were already tight to begin with? Why not just get a pondexter or Cunningham if you were just going to sit him? Rudy sat for 3 games and Carroll didn't even play a single second and they both play the same position. So I have a hard time of finding his words legit about how it's hard to find minutes for him. He is just too obsessed over Marco and Bryn

RC_Drunkford
01-22-2020, 12:04 PM
“He’s good people,” Popovich said. “At this point, it’s a new program for him and he’s got a couple guys ahead of him at that position. It’s been tough for him to get minutes, but he’s been professional about it and done everything I could ask.”

When pop was asked about Carroll. I find this bullshit. Why sign him then if the rotations were already tight to begin with? Why not just get a pondexter or Cunningham if you were just going to sit him? Rudy sat for 3 games and Carroll didn't even play a single second and they both play the same position. So I have a hard time of finding his words legit about how it's hard to find minutes for him. He is just too obsessed over Marco and Bryn

That's just Pop lying his ass off, being politicly correct. Carroll has pissed him off in some type of way.