PDA

View Full Version : Bucks extend GM Harris through 2008

ducks
11-03-2005, 07:23 PM
Bucks extend GM Harris through 2008
November 3, 2005

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The Milwaukee Bucks will retain general manager Larry Harris through the 2007-08 season.

Harris, 42, is in his third season as Bucks general manager and 16th season with the team. The Bucks exercised the 2006-07 option year on his contract Thursday and added an additional year.

The extension means Harris' contract will end at the same time as coach Terry Stotts' deal. Harris had said he would stick with former coach Terry Porter before firing him in the offseason.

``Larry has done a good job as our general manager,'' Sen. Herb Kohl, the team's owner and president, said in a statement. ``We look forward to his continued growth and development in the future.''

Harris has served as the team's assistant general manager, director of player personnel and director of scouting.

``Our goal is to build a team that can get to the playoffs every year and ultimately to win a championship,'' Harris said. ``I am excited about the future and glad I will be a part of this organization moving forward.''

JMarkJohns
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Outside of firing Terry Porter, I can't think of a bad move he's made. Not in a while now, anyways...