PDA

View Full Version : Best seats at AT&T

Davidicus2
01-24-2020, 10:32 PM
Been a Spurs fan since early 2000s, never sat closer than the top of the lower bowl.

Ive decided I’m going to spend the money on a couple row 1-3 seats, and see all these guy up close, especially before Pop retires. Would be cool to see Timmy on the bench too.

Is section 20 the way to go, or section 16 so you have an angle to see what’s going on?

get_mills_out
01-24-2020, 10:33 PM
Why would you spend money on this team? That's like subbing in Marco when the other team is on an 18-0 run.

spurs10
01-24-2020, 11:22 PM
Sit in Section 6 right behind the bench if you want to be up close. Sometimes you won't see the game as well when the players are standing. Section 2 is also right by the bench, but they won't be standing in front of you. Yeah man it'll be a blast.

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 01:04 AM
Show up in the second quarter and get fire sale prices from the scalpers, tbh.

dbestpro
01-25-2020, 07:58 AM
If you want to see what it is like close to the floor go to a wnba game. Much cheaper. I had a lot of fun yelling at Lambeer when he was the opposing coach.

Davidicus2
01-25-2020, 08:57 AM
Sit in Section 6 right behind the bench if you want to be up close. Sometimes you won't see the game as well when the players are standing. Section 2 is also right by the bench, but they won't be standing in front of you. Yeah man it'll be a blast.

thanks for that, I got the sections mixed up. Thanks very helpful.

stu scotts eye
01-25-2020, 01:37 PM
Show up in the second quarter and get fire sale prices from the scalpers, tbh.

Then realize, you are the 3rd person that scalper (who coincidentally disappeared) sold those same tickets too.

baseline bum
01-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Sitting courtside is amazing, the game looks so much faster and more physical watching it that close.

talkspurs
01-25-2020, 02:10 PM
You can also wait till right before the game and look on stubhub. Somtime those prices will fall. especially if you have a flexible schedule and dont care who you see you can sometimes get some good deals. Or tickpick (never heard of them but they happen to be the add on this screen that says no fee. Dont know how legit they are.

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 02:21 PM
Then realize, you are the 3rd person that scalper (who coincidentally disappeared) sold those same tickets too.

And in that event you'll care much less cos you paid so low.

My best seats have came into game time; but I've never been to a game in SA, so I don't know if there's any variance there.

Prose
01-25-2020, 02:59 PM
as long as your not sitting behind any baskets you should be good and ideally across from the bench

ducks
01-25-2020, 03:08 PM
Behind spurs bench start fire pop chant

DJR210
01-25-2020, 03:13 PM
It's not very hard to move down to lower levels.. so many open seats.. The ushers aren't very good at their jobs tbh

paperboy77
01-25-2020, 03:19 PM
Great seat for me was around row 8 opposite the visitors bench. Just a warning though... your going to get an unfortunate close up view of Bryns shitty effort.

ElNono
01-25-2020, 03:52 PM
Bryn Forbes has the best seats in the house. He gets to watch the game from inside the court.

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Been a Spurs fan since early 2000s, never sat closer than the top of the lower bowl.

Ive decided I’m going to spend the money on a couple row 1-3 seats, and see all these guy up close, especially before Pop retires. Would be cool to see Timmy on the bench too.

Is section 20 the way to go, or section 16 so you have an angle to see what’s going on?

i sit row 12 most times out there and i'd say anything at that low level in the center is a great view regardless. when i've sat higher up i try to get corner/angle seats.

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Bryn Forbes has the best seats in the house. He gets to watch the game from inside the court.

:lmao :tu

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 03:59 PM
It's not very hard to move down to lower levels.. so many open seats.. The ushers aren't very good at their jobs tbh

that might've been true back at the alamodome but at the at&t the ushers in the lower bowl are like pests. not sure if you're mentioning moving down from the higher level to its lowest row?

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Why would you spend money on this team? That's like subbing in Marco when the other team is on an 18-0 run.

negative nancy over here... the games are still fun regardless. i've been to a handful this year and they were fun but we also won all those games. :lol

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 04:34 PM
that might've been true back at the alamodome but at the at&t the ushers in the lower bowl are like pests. not sure if you're mentioning moving down from the higher level to its lowest row?

Yea, it seems like some years back when ticket price discrepancies between lower and upper were exponentially growing, there came a concerted effort to lock down lower bowls in NBA arenas.

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Yea, it seems like some years back when ticket price discrepancies between lower and upper were exponentially growing, there came a concerted effort to lock down lower bowls in NBA arenas.

yeah as a kid at both the coliseum and the alamodome i used to always go from upper level to right behind the bench without a problem. i can barely get down the stairs to the charter member seats in the lower level without being harassed by at least 2-3 ushers and then another 2 or so when i get to my section.

spurspl
01-25-2020, 05:31 PM
at home in front of TV watching some serious contenders

stu scotts eye
01-25-2020, 06:49 PM
And in that event you'll care much less cos you paid so low.

My best seats have came into game time; but I've never been to a game in SA, so I don't know if there's any variance there.

At that point, the annoying part is not only do you lose the money but the game has started, and you get to walk all the way back to your car and find another place to watch it. By then, its halftime.

GAustex
01-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Been to only one game at AT&T. I sat in great seats that were extended off the the corner of the sideline and baseline. The section is tapered so the rows only have a few seats. The row me and my bae sat only had two seats. It was great not being scrunched in with the unwashed masses.
The view of the game was ok but the little isolated spot was nice.

phxspurfan
01-26-2020, 01:11 AM

Totally agree with this. Don’t sit in the section behind the visitor bench, even if it’s a little cheaper (which I did when I was there last). It sucks because there’s a bunch of away fans.

phxspurfan
01-26-2020, 01:13 AM
There’s a couple of boxes that have a great view, are fairly close but not court side, and have access to a huge buffet of free food (not super box, better food). But it is hard to find those seats on resale

DJR210
01-26-2020, 08:41 AM

My cousin gets the tickets off Stub Hub or one of those sites and it has to do with the print outs you get.. I'd have to get the exact details how he does it but he routinely sends me his bragging pics of his amazing view he spent 30 bucks on

Davidicus2
01-26-2020, 02:42 PM
Thanks everyone. So any opinions on section 2 vs 6?

koriwhat
01-26-2020, 03:54 PM
My cousin gets the tickets off Stub Hub or one of those sites and it has to do with the print outs you get.. I'd have to get the exact details how he does it but he routinely sends me his bragging pics of his amazing view he spent 30 bucks on

nice :tu