PDA

View Full Version : Brent Forms: Lockdown Defender

FkLA
01-25-2020, 02:37 PM
IDGAF if someone posted this tweet already. It deserves it's own thread, tbh.

https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1221109369108078594?s=19

I hate this motherfucker so much, bro. Literally has no business being out on the court. This is the most disgusting, blatant case of favoritism of all-time.

koriwhat
01-25-2020, 02:46 PM
His defense is definitely some of the worst I've ever witnessed from row 12 and my tv screen. Just sickening.

GAustex
01-25-2020, 02:55 PM
I challenge OP to find ONE sequence of good defense.
Bet you can’t do it.

JeffDuncan
01-25-2020, 02:59 PM
Need some clips of Forbes pushing his own teammates in the back, which interferes with them playing defense as well. I've seen him do that to Poeltl and Lonnie, and even LMA.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-25-2020, 03:28 PM
If the media is so scared to ask pop why he plays such a bad player so much they need to do it more subtlety; like "Pop, Bryn Forbes is rated as the worst defensive player in the NBA is their anything y'all can work on so he won't be so bad?". :lol just to plant the seed in his head that we know Bryn is so fucking bad that it's a travesty you play that bum 3rd most minutes on the team

emanueldavidginobili
01-25-2020, 04:33 PM
Forbes is just lost out there plain and simple. That last play is ridiculous he doesn’t even have the concept of put a body on someone and box out literally just sat directly under the basket and stared at the ball. Also why the fuck is the worst defender guarding the best offensive player on the court :lol

itzsoweezee
01-25-2020, 04:38 PM
He's giving Trae Young run as the worst defender in the NBA. At least Trae makes teams pay on the other end. Forbes is just this immense vacuum of suckiness

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 04:39 PM
Two of those foul calls and the travel call were bad and/or weak. But I fully am against this nonsense of Forbes being a starter.

KobesAchilles
01-25-2020, 05:36 PM
I can’t even troll defend him anymore tbh. He’s taken the fun out of it by just being the worst thing in a Spurs uniform since someone made a fake picture of Karl Malone wearing a Spurs uni back in 04.

Slippy
01-25-2020, 07:01 PM
Forbes is just lost out there plain and simple. That last play is ridiculous he doesn’t even have the concept of put a body on someone and box out literally just sat directly under the basket and stared at the ball. Also why the fuck is the worst defender guarding the best offensive player on the court :lol

Here's a funny but scary fantasy tought. If MJ was still playing pop would have Bryn Forbes guarding him. Haha

TimDunkem
01-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Hey! But he throws his fingers up and looks really mad anytime he hits a shot! Super cool.

Jordan Jackson
01-25-2020, 07:26 PM
This forum is going to be apocalyptic when he signs he's extension at 12:01AM. WOJ probably has the tweet saved already in his drafts folder - if he doesn't, he should.

Ron Swanson
01-25-2020, 07:29 PM

cd021
01-25-2020, 07:49 PM
Was he really guarding Devin Booker? Yikes.

EasyMoney
01-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Spurs were one travel call away from leading late in the game. Thanks Bryn. At least he can be relied on for some buckets... Oops. Well at least he can also box out guys to let the big rebound... Oh wait

FkLA
01-25-2020, 08:03 PM

Lefko has been going in on g-league Brent for a while now. :lol :tu

I also saw Tom Petrini call him a "bonafide scrub" and he's usually pretty nice when talking about players. I'm all for all the Brent hate, tbh.

Tbf that's on Pop as much as it is on Brent. You could see Book's eyes light up when he was guarding him. Went into attack mode.

It was like night and day when White and Lonnie were on him and yet Poop kept putting Brent back on him. Any other coach would've realized what a massive mismatch it was and permanently put someone else on Book.

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 08:05 PM
I'm a Jimmer fan. I root for the little guy. But Forbes doesn't Jimmer. He's a spot-up shooter who plays even considerably worse D.

spurs10
01-25-2020, 08:13 PM
Was he really guarding Devin Booker? Yikes. Yes he was and it didn't not go well. He was lit up like a Christmas tree.

GAustex
01-25-2020, 09:49 PM
Just saying I just heard Jeff Van Gundy, during the Lakers and 76ers game, that Thybulle is a defender so good that you need to keep him on the floor.

JeffDuncan
01-25-2020, 11:15 PM
Just saying I just heard Jeff Van Gundy, during the Lakers and 76ers game, that Thybulle is a defender so good that you need to keep him on the floor.

I watched the last part of that 76ers win. Thybulle was playing, doing good things, helping secure the win. Stole a LeBron pass, for one.

GAustex
01-25-2020, 11:26 PM
Go figure a defensive 3D rookie getting playing time. Could of had that dude or Keldon could be playing. But Poops says no. Gotta roll with a wannabe Steph

vavvi
01-26-2020, 12:44 AM

Yes until 4th quarter (for 3/4 of the game) Forbes was a primary defender on Booker BY DESIGN

sasaint
01-26-2020, 01:55 AM
Hey! But he throws his fingers up and looks really mad anytime he hits a shot! Super cool.

Aside from his dismal defense, you would think all of his mugging and gesturing would undermine his stature in Pop’s eyes.

wildcardX
01-26-2020, 02:19 AM
If the media is so scared to ask pop why he plays such a bad player so much they need to do it more subtlety; like "Pop, Bryn Forbes is rated as the worst defensive player in the NBA is their anything y'all can work on so he won't be so bad?". :lol just to plant the seed in his head that we know Bryn is so fucking bad that it's a travesty you play that bum 3rd most minutes on the team

Pop already knows this, his assistants know this, the announcers, his teammates, the other team, most of the fans, and probably Bryn himself all know about his shitty defense. Plus the way he has been shooting lately, anyone on the bench can replace him in the starting lineup and the Spurs get at worst the same results. It is not hard to see and I don't care how drunk or senile Pop might be nowadays, he has been in this game for so long that seeing a players flaws should come as natural as reading to the normal everyday person. Pop may have lost a step as a coach but you can't assume that this means he is totally illiterate to the basics of the game. So the question to Pop should be straight and to the point "Why is Bryn starting?" Of course, Pop will probably give some smart ass answer meaning he has his reasons and he's not interested in sharing. Probably that's as far as it will get leaving the rest of us pissed off for the rest of the season.

RC_Drunkford
01-26-2020, 03:46 AM
gave up 33 points and cost us a crucial 3-pointer on offense. That's 36 point differential in a game lost by 4 points. Go figure

timtonymanu
01-26-2020, 03:58 AM
Hard to root for the Spurs as long as this loser is getting major minutes every night.

spurs1990
01-26-2020, 10:57 AM
I saw something reviewing the last game for clips. Lonnie gets pulled, doesn't seem happy off course. He takes a seat on the floor by the baseline. Timmy sees this and turns the Becky Jumps up walks over to him and they have a bit of a discussion. Lonnie's Body Language is poor the rest of the game.

I think Pop has just lost Lonnie.

Maybe Keldon Weatherspoon, METU(mostly he was at the last game) and Luka being in Austin isn't that bad of a thing.

Watched it live and felt it was definitely out of norm. Players sitting on the floor is rare and then TD bending over and counselling him in his ear as soon as he sat makes you wonder. And from all accounts Walker is 'Spurs' material all the way. Selfless to the t. The coach is the problem right now I can't see anyway around it.

EasyMoney
01-26-2020, 11:19 AM
I saw something reviewing the last game for clips. Lonnie gets pulled, doesn't seem happy off course. He takes a seat on the floor by the baseline. Timmy sees this and turns the Becky Jumps up walks over to him and they have a bit of a discussion. Lonnie's Body Language is poor the rest of the game.

I think Pop has just lost Lonnie.

Maybe Keldon Weatherspoon, METU(mostly he was at the last game) and Luka being in Austin isn't that bad of a thing.

It's understandable to get benched when you make some mistakes that result in points, or if your in foul trouble despite not getting a lot of minutes to begin with. But to get benched when you're feeling it, for a guy that has been fucking up all game and has been a huge liability. I'd be pissed off too.

TimDunkem
01-26-2020, 11:54 AM
gave up 33 points and cost us a crucial 3-pointer on offense. That's 36 point differential in a game lost by 4 points. Go figure

PATFO turd sandwich fiends will say that, despite this, Forbes 7 points were BIG. *throws up 3 fingers and claps hands*

Bballplaya
01-26-2020, 01:19 PM
Not another fckkng dum a$$ thread

Please see other 75 worthless threads

ZeusWillJudge
01-26-2020, 01:42 PM

No. He wasn't defending shit. But Booker did exploit him. Teams are actually making Forbes part of their game plan.

objective
01-26-2020, 02:21 PM
I'd love a mega mix of all the times Forbes turns his back to the driver and runs to the stanchion as he gives up the score. Happens all the damn time

tholdren
01-26-2020, 04:30 PM

I hate this motherfucker so much, bro. Literally has no business being out on the court. This is the most disgusting, blatant case of favoritism of all-time.

The sad part about this is that half of these highlights weren't even forbes. Its hilarious. Just look at the second score. Aldridge doesnt even help in the least. This should just be a warning for low iq fans who don't understand team defense. Hes posted trash like this before. Hes dumber than murray tbh

objective
01-26-2020, 06:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4BNzYAD.jpg
I can start saving them(2 a game tops) from now on and compile them at the end of the year.

He looks honestly terrified. I can only imagine and hope that during this time, he is thinking.

"Shit!, this is it. Pop is Finally going to realize I'm a Fraud. No more paychecks!

I better REALLY be upset with myself, and I'll make sure he sees me when he benches me in 20 minutes."

https://i.imgur.com/ruVurDe.png

thanks

While you're at it, maybe another megamix of Forbes getting backdoored with his flex-pouting after each basket. But, now that I think about it ... that's a lot of work with the amount times he gets backdoored combined with his backturning stanchion running. So it's okay if you don't, that's a lot of video!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-27-2020, 03:02 PM
thanks

While you're at it, maybe another megamix of Forbes getting backdoored with his flex-pouting after each basket. But, now that I think about it ... that's a lot of work with the amount times he gets backdoored combined with his backturning stanchion running. So it's okay if you don't, that's a lot of video!

That face he makes while stiffening up is classic. Looks like a two year old who had his cookie taken away.

I'm not sure why he gets frustrated...everyone in the building knows he's going to get schooled. Everyone we play runs right at him or Patty when either of them are in the game. Not sure why Pop is so blind to the obvious this year....I remember when my grandma's dementia started setting in and she tried to hide it....Pop's coaching reminds me a lot of someone who isn't really sure of what he's doing, but is trying to still pretend that he's in control.

TMC
01-28-2020, 09:00 AM
thanks

Oh, those back door cuts :cuss. Don't need to pick or even bump Bryn.

Just hesitate a little and run right past him or run out to the wing and hard cut back. I feel for the kid, but it's infuriating.

EasyMoney
01-28-2020, 09:27 AM

The 33 second mark... What the fuck was that? Bryn just flailed his arms back and didn't even bother to shuffle his feet to contend. Fucking pathetix

look_at_g_shred
01-28-2020, 11:44 AM
The people who are complaining about Forbes are the same damn people who wanted Green gone lmao.

itzsoweezee
01-28-2020, 12:16 PM
The people who are complaining about Forbes are the same damn people who wanted Green gone lmao.

The part of the kawhi trade that pissed me off the most was that the Spurs threw in Green. It shows just how bad popovich's judgment has been the past few years. Thinking Forbes can be a Green replacement is just plain stupid.

FkLA
01-28-2020, 02:00 PM
Me watching Brent "g-league" Forms play basketball:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1222217451544489990?s=19

Kobe'sAchilles
01-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Does he really have 4 baby mamas or is that just some spurstalk bs?