PDA

View Full Version : Malik Beasely?

Collins21
01-30-2020, 08:12 PM
Why not just give up this years first which in a garbage year and just get beasely since the nuggets want to deal him bad. I live in Denver and the Nuggets have no intentions on resigning him so why not just give up the salary + the pick to get him. The beastly trade makes the Spurs instantly better right now.

TimDunkem
01-30-2020, 08:13 PM
He's not worth a first rounder. I'd give up one for Bogdanovic though.

RC_Drunkford
01-30-2020, 08:15 PM
Why not just give up this years first which in a garbage year and just get beasely since the nuggets want to deal him bad. I live in Denver and the Nuggets have no intentions on resigning him so why not just give up the salary + the pick to get him. The beastly trade makes the Spurs instantly better right now.

:pop: "Beasely, Bryn is way better. Beasley can sit behind the bench with Demarre"

Collins21
01-30-2020, 08:16 PM
He's not worth a first rounder. I'd give up one for Bogdanovic though.

Yeah I can understand your thinking but I think if they did it would make the team better and he would provide something that none of the other guards on the roster can. However yes for Bogdonavich I wouldn't think twice. Which makes ask the question why haven't they looked into it? People on here go on with these nonsensical trades knowing the Spurs aren't trading DD+LMA when they could however makes smaller moves that raises th ceiling of this team.

TimDunkem
01-30-2020, 08:18 PM
Yeah I can understand your thinking but I think if they did it would make the team better and he would provide something that none of the other guards on the roster can. However yes for Bogdonavich I wouldn't think twice. Which makes ask the question why haven't they looked into it? People on here go on with these nonsensical trades knowing the Spurs aren't trading DD+LMA when they could however makes smaller moves that raises th ceiling of this team.

1. The Spurs probably have not inquired.
2. The Kings might think they can get a lot more.

Also, there are about 100 other guards in the league that could slide into Bryn's spot and instantly improve the team, so saying Beasley could doesn't say much. Again, I'd go for more if I'm giving up a first rounder.

Collins21
01-30-2020, 08:21 PM
1. The Spurs probably have not inquired.
2. The Kings might think they can get a lot more.

Also, there are about 100 other guards in the league that could slide into Bryn's spot and instantly improve the team, so saying Beasley could doesn't say much. Again, I'd go for more if I'm giving up a first rounder.

That's my point I'm asking why would the Spurs not at least look into it. I'd take Malik Beasely over Walker, White or Murray right now.

TimDunkem
01-30-2020, 08:29 PM
That's my point I'm asking why would the Spurs not at least look into it. I'd take Malik Beasely over Walker, White or Murray right now.

Because Bryn is Pop's son. He has his role locked up. There's no room to improve the 2 guard spot.

Collins21
01-30-2020, 08:32 PM
Because Bryn is Pop's son. He has his role locked up. There's no room to improve the 2 guard spot.

It's disgusting man it truly is.

RC_Drunkford
01-30-2020, 08:35 PM

exactly this. Klay Thompson could be on the market and Pop would say :pop: "Why get Klay when I have Steph?"

TheGoatishere
01-30-2020, 08:43 PM

:lmao White is far superior

Collins21
01-30-2020, 08:45 PM
:lmao White is far superior

Yeah ok.

JeffDuncan
01-30-2020, 08:48 PM

Have you seen a reason why Beasley is not shooting as well this year? His 3pt % is down some, and his 2pt % is down a lot. But his shooting can't be broken, because his FT% is fantastic, at 29 of 31, for .935. So what's the deal?

What position would Denver be hoping to fill with a trade? Anything on that?

Collins21
01-30-2020, 08:55 PM
From my understanding the nuggets are looking for depth at the 3 and 4 positions. Which the Spurs don't have to match salaries with them but for the first rounder I'm pretty sure they'd take Forbes expiring for Beasley.

CGD
01-30-2020, 09:02 PM
Nugs lucky to get a second for him

ZeusWillJudge
01-30-2020, 09:04 PM
exactly this. Klay Thompson could be on the market and Pop would say :pop: "Why get Klay when I have Steph?"

:lol Damn we've turned into a salty bunch around here.

TheGoatishere
01-30-2020, 09:09 PM
Yeah ok.

Beasley shooting has been awful this year idk how you’ve came to this awful conclusion

Collins21
01-30-2020, 09:13 PM
Beasley shooting has been awful this year idk how you’ve came to this awful conclusion

Ok his shooting has dipped but it's not act like he gets steady minutes. He's a better shooter than White more athletic and most importantly he's not scared.

TimDunkem
01-30-2020, 09:14 PM
From my understanding the nuggets are looking for depth at the 3 and 4 positions. Which the Spurs don't have to match salaries with them but for the first rounder I'm pretty sure they'd take Forbes expiring for Beasley.

Do the Spurs have their second rounder this year? It could be a relatively decent second. Forbes + the second would be my offer for Beasley.

The Nuggets would probably prefer a 3 or 4 though, like you said.

JeffDuncan
01-30-2020, 09:39 PM

Man, it would be worth giving up a 1st to get rid of Forbes before Pop extends him. For Beasley or anything. I'd irradiate Forbes in a cyclotron, and superglue ostrich feathers on him if that's what it took to trade him. But they probably won't ask me.

Collins21
01-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Do the Spurs have their second rounder this year? It could be a relatively decent second. Forbes + the second would be my offer for Beasley.

The Nuggets would probably prefer a 3 or 4 though, like you said.

Yeah the fact that Spurs have shit assets is the main problem for a small move like Beasley.

TimDunkem
01-30-2020, 10:12 PM
Again, no need to give up a first. A second rounder or two plus Forbes could get it done. If the Nuggets demand a first, you walk.

Not that Pop would trade Forbes or anything.

Collins21
01-30-2020, 10:12 PM
Man, it would be worth giving up a 1st to get rid of Forbes before Pop extends him. For Beasley or anything. I'd irradiate Forbes in a cyclotron, and superglue ostrich feathers on him if that's what it took to trade him. But they probably won't ask me.

Good thing is that I was listening the the Spurs Insiders podcast and those guys get the feeling that barring some craziness the Spurs will let Forbes walk because they feel he was a "success story and they can find another one.

Collins21
01-30-2020, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=TimDunkem;10052883]Again, no need to give up a first. A second rounder or two plus Forbes could get it done. If the Nuggets demand a first, you walk.

Not that Pop would trade Forbes or anything.[/QUOTE

Idk man I know it looks like that but I get the feeling that if bychance he feels he can get a shooter to replace Forbes "shooting ability" they would deal him. Like I said I know it seems for fetched but god damn I'm holding out hope I hate that guy so much. He's the only dude who makes Mills look like a HOF player.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-30-2020, 10:45 PM
exactly this. Klay Thompson could be on the market and Pop would say :pop: "Why get Klay when I have Steph?"I have to admit that's pretty good.

phxspurfan
01-31-2020, 12:20 AM
The one who fought someone in a hotel lobby. Ok total spur

jbspurs
01-31-2020, 12:23 AM
Malik Beasely? Yes, If Pop will let him get Forbes mins.