:lol Spurs future
:lol Trade LA and DD because our young guns can do it
:lol Just give the keys to our young guys and we're set

itzsoweezee
02-04-2020, 12:57 AM

DD and LA taking this team straight to the lottery! Extend DeMar!

Collins21
02-04-2020, 01:19 AM

Nah fuck that he's right this team would be much better if the DD & LMA had actual NBA players around them.

duncan2k5
02-04-2020, 01:41 AM
Nah fuck that he's right this team would be much better if the DD & LMA had actual NBA players around them.

DDR couldn't do it in the weak east when he was in his prime...his team IMMEDIATELY won after trading him...there is no one u can surround them with that will make them win... because they both will check out if someone else is getting the shine (hence LMA wanting to bail when Kawhi and Lillard got the shine)

duncan2k5
02-04-2020, 01:42 AM
The fact that there are ppl on this board that want to build around LMA and DDR speaks volumes about how low the IQ of some ppl are on this board

JeffDuncan
02-04-2020, 01:51 AM

No question about it. Starting with a good point guard.

UZER
02-04-2020, 01:52 AM
These young guys are not going to improve under Pop. He’s lost touch with them. They’re shook. Pop sure knows how to suck confidence out of young guys.

Please get a new coach already.

Collins21
02-04-2020, 02:23 AM
The fact that there are ppl on this board that want to build around LMA and DDR speaks volumes about how low the IQ of some ppl are on this board

So where have you played organized basketball?? I know more basketball than you ever will. The fact remains that you have hatred for DeMar because of another man it has nothing to do with basketball.

vander
02-04-2020, 03:37 AM
Murray hasn't looked good, he brings nothing on offense, combine that with Bryn bringing nothing on defense and the Spurs are playing 4 on 5. this is not the Murray any of us were hoping for.

Frenchfred
02-04-2020, 04:06 AM
some people have said it for a long time, the youngsters are not that good. They are okay but they are not elite players and except for flashes here and there have not shown that they have potential to be stars in the NBA

EasyMoney
02-04-2020, 04:34 AM
I wonder what any of you would think about demar once he chokes in the playoffs again.

ezau
02-04-2020, 05:44 AM
To be fair, White has shown the most consistency while Forbes, as much as you hate him, offers the most impact offensively among all of them. Walker and Murray seem like pretty big busts at this point.

ezau
02-04-2020, 05:45 AM

Kawhi is a role player. Period.

Cue Kawhi apologists in 3, 2, 1...

ezau
02-04-2020, 05:46 AM

Your hate of the two best players in this team is palpable. :lol

4lifecowboy
02-04-2020, 06:45 AM
They have been neutered by Pop. He has beat the aggression out of them. They have flare, he doesn't like that, he tried to beat it out of Manu, but Manu told him it is what I do. He has no problem with Forbes, Mills, Gay, Aldridge taking bad shots, sometime ridiculously bad shots, but let Walker take a bad
shot. It is getting old for me, Walker has the highest ceiling on this team yet it is Forbes and White he coddle.

monty4329
02-04-2020, 06:46 AM
To be fair, White has shown the most consistency while Forbes, as much as you hate him, offers the most impact offensively among all of them. Walker and Murray seem like pretty big busts at this point.

ST self-proclaimed experts: You don't get it, it is Pop's fault. Lonnie MVP :rollin

monty4329
02-04-2020, 06:47 AM

And becky HC :yield

sananspursfan21
02-04-2020, 07:52 AM
I think most of us here hyped Murray up way too much. Coming off such a significant injury, he’s not gonna play that well save for a game here or there. But even then, we thought he was the next great thing when really I think he’s just a solid backup piece. He can become a really good role player.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-04-2020, 09:41 AM
give dj’s minutes to white
give bill’s minutes to walker or marco

SpurSpike
02-04-2020, 09:49 AM
They have been neutered by Pop. He has beat the aggression out of them. They have flare, he doesn't like that, he tried to beat it out of Manu, but Manu told him it is what I do. He has no problem with Forbes, Mills, Gay, Aldridge taking bad shots, sometime ridiculously bad shots, but let Walker take a bad
shot. It is getting old for me, Walker has the highest ceiling on this team yet it is Forbes and White he coddle.

This... Pop has told Lonnie to slow his game down which is probably the right advice but he is taking it to an extreme. So many times i see him pass up a shot in the last few games.

weebo
02-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Murray: 2 pts 5 rebs 25 minutes

Walker: 2 pts 2 rebs 21 minutes

They suck. Period. Nationally televised game and the shit the bed. Unacceptable--but ya let's blame Pop :lol

RD2191
02-04-2020, 10:11 AM
Lonnie a bust. :lol stfu OP

RD2191
02-04-2020, 10:12 AM
ST self-proclaimed experts: You don't get it, it is Pop's fault. Lonnie MVP :rollin

Shut your bitch ass up.

Darius Bieber
02-04-2020, 10:34 AM
It's time to face it that the Spurs, as an organization, is not even middle tier in the NBA anymore. Denver, Toronto, Bucks, all have way better player development for their young core.

Trill Clinton
02-04-2020, 11:15 AM
Murray: 2 pts 5 rebs 25 minutes

Walker: 2 pts 2 rebs 21 minutes

They suck. Period. Nationally televised game and the shit the bed. Unacceptable--but ya let's blame Pop :lol

One trick pony's so far. Neither has a jumpshot or can create their own shot. However, the potential is there and they could probably do well in a more up tempo offense.

MultiTroll
02-04-2020, 11:22 AM
:lol your one game sample size.
https://i.imgur.com/Dc44t0s.jpg

Kobe'sAchilles
02-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Mike D'Antoni fixes a lot of problems tbh. Pop is making the youngins play too slow. They aren't smart enough or have enough savy to play nothing but halfcourt offense. I'm not saying that our offense is bad, but the defense is bad. And the reason the defense is bad is bc we play Forbes and Marco. And Pop plays Forbes and Marco bc he hasn't figured out an offense for the young guys. Run them. Push the tempo. Have them just ball. That will help them grow.

weebo
02-04-2020, 11:35 AM
One trick pony's so far. Neither has a jumpshot or can create their own shot. However, the potential is there and they could probably do well in a more up tempo offense.

Ya I get what you're saying fam but the NBA is organized basketball--gotta learn to play within a scheme this isn't rec 5 on 5. Can't go around playing without purpose--most of these young dudes can fly out of the gym but can't do much else. As much grief as people give Brent Forms, he put up better numbers in roughly the same amount of time. Nationally televised games are where you as a young buck make a name for yourself and they failed, again.

weebo
02-04-2020, 11:37 AM
Mike D'Antoni fixes a lot of problems tbh. Pop is making the youngins play too slow. They aren't smart enough or have enough savy to play nothing but halfcourt offense. I'm not saying that our offense is bad, but the defense is bad. And the reason the defense is bad is bc we play Forbes and Marco. And Pop plays Forbes and Marco bc he hasn't figured out an offense for the young guys. Run them. Push the tempo. Have them just ball. That will help them grow.

Ya run them and push them with slow ass Rudy GaY, LMA, DDR and Marco :lol

Trill Clinton
02-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Ya I get what you're saying fam but the NBA is organized basketball--gotta learn to play within a scheme this isn't rec 5 on 5. Can't go around playing without purpose--most of these young dudes can fly out of the gym but can't do much else. As much grief as people give Brent Forms, he put up better numbers in roughly the same amount of time. Nationally televised games are where you as a young buck make a name for yourself and they failed, again.

You can still play uptempo with a purpose. Several teams do it, they just have the right players to run it. We don't.

Kobe'sAchilles
02-04-2020, 11:42 AM
Makes no sense not to have a slow paced half court unit (DDR, Forbes, Gay, LMA, Carrol) mixed with a fast paced unit (Whhite, Murray, Walker, Mills, Poetl).

Kobe'sAchilles
02-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Ya run them and push them with slow ass Rudy GaY, LMA, DDR and Marco :lol
Run them with Mills, White, Murray, Lonnie, and Poetl.

Chucho
02-04-2020, 11:52 AM
A flat-earther and Instagram junkie aren't taking us anywhere. We could tank, end up with a "lottery pick", trade/"relieve" ourselves of LMA and DeMar, Pop could retire and we have the most cap space we've had since 1997, I.E the "ST Wet Dream" and people would still bitch. And the Spurs will be even more rotten.

I wonder how long people will need to give these kids before they realize their ceilings aren't anywhere near as high as they wish.

RC_Drunkford
02-04-2020, 11:55 AM

this guy gets it

monty4329
02-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Shut your bitch ass up.

Hey dick, you're having your tanking and your Lonnie closing games showing everybody what is made from. You'll be even happier next season with a rinse and repeat. You must love Cavs season too.

RC_Drunkford
02-04-2020, 12:02 PM
remember when Pop called out Walker for not being competitiveagainst the Clippers at the start of the season? This time he scored 2 more points than in that game while playing 15 more minutes and Pop praised him. Certain sniffers thought that criticizing Walker publicly would make him so much better :lmao :lmao

Walker in particular has to be more aggressive. He's talented enough, he just defers to much to his team mates. Remember this kid had a lot of stretches of scoring 10+ points with ease. He just has to be able to play loose and take shots instead of passing up wide open ones

itzsoweezee
02-04-2020, 12:02 PM
The level of stupidity on this site is amazing. Get it through your heads, idiots, Bryn Forbes is not an NBA caliber player. The team is worse when he gets playing time. The opposite is true of Walker. Walker is better than Forbes in every facet of the game. This is not even a debate. Stop placing dumbshit popovich's shortcoming on Walker.

itzsoweezee
02-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Hey dick, you're having your tanking and your Lonnie closing games showing everybody what is made from. You'll be even happier next season with a rinse and repeat. You must love Cavs season too.

Cavs best the Spurs at home this season, dumb shit. Forbes and DeRozan bringing the Spurs all the way to the 10th seed! Great work!

monty4329
02-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Cavs best the Spurs at home this season, dumb shit. Forbes and DeRozan bringing the Spurs all the way to the 10th seed! Great work!

public school system product, ain't you

monty4329
02-04-2020, 12:20 PM
The level of stupidity on this site is amazing. Get it through your heads, idiots, Bryn Forbes is not an NBA caliber player. The team is worse when he gets playing time. The opposite is true of Walker. Walker is better than Forbes in every facet of the game. This is not even a debate. Stop placing dumbshit popovich's shortcoming on Walker.

Only a tanking team would play Lonnie. He fits right where he is.

Dingle Barry
02-04-2020, 01:22 PM
his team IMMEDIATELY won after trading him...I hate Defrozen as much as anyone but cmon, that's pretty disingenuous. All it proves is kawhitter is a much better player, which is a known fact.

Sugus
02-04-2020, 01:34 PM
remember when Pop called out Walker for not being competitiveagainst the Clippers at the start of the season? This time he scored 2 more points than in that game while playing 15 more minutes and Pop praised him. Certain sniffers thought that criticizing Walker publicly would make him so much better :lmao :lmao

Walker in particular has to be more aggressive. He's talented enough, he just defers to much to his team mates. Remember this kid had a lot of stretches of scoring 10+ points with ease. He just has to be able to play loose and take shots instead of passing up wide open ones

It's pretty clear though that there's been some kind of directive for force-feeding LMA or especially DeMar the ball, as they are the "stars" of the team, and this affects Lonnie the most. He isn't yet a good off-ball player and excels when the ball is not only on his hands BUT ALSO he has the go-ahead light to be aggressive. What was the difference between the Rockets game's Lonnie and yesterday's Lonnie? One was hot and had the green light/confidence to call his own shot, whilst the other has to defer to the team "stars" and stand around in the corner to provide stupid spacing.

There are no plays drawn for Lonnie. DeMar does not look for him to pass when he drives. No PnR action is called for him. A coach's job is to get his good players the ball and put them in positions to succeed - look how differently Poo coaches Forbes and Lonnie. There's no denying that Popovich shuns Lonnie to an extent and it's affecting not only his game, but his confidence and relationship with the team as a whole. Cue Drew's video of Lonnie looking disgruntled multiple times on the bench.

Sugus
02-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Only a tanking team would play Lonnie. He fits right where he is.

I can't wait for Lonnie's next 20p+ game so we can stop listening to your shit takes for another month or so, tbh.

rjv
02-04-2020, 01:53 PM
i feel better about walker than i do about murray at this point.

spurraider21
02-04-2020, 02:57 PM
they've both underwhelmed. but gotta keep giving them minutes and see if experience benefits them... though i think murray needs offseason work on his handling before he really takes a big step

monty4329
02-04-2020, 04:43 PM
I can't wait for Lonnie's next 20p+ game so we can stop listening to your shit takes for another month or so, tbh.

your hardon for Lonnie is really cute.

DMC
02-04-2020, 05:35 PM
:wakeup

I told you nutsuckers they were scrubs, years ago.

ezau
02-06-2020, 04:43 AM
:lol your one game sample size.
https://i.imgur.com/Dc44t0s.jpg

Thread title says 'Murray and Walker :lol :lol :lol Nice try though

slick'81
02-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Borderline useless is brian wright,tbh

TimDunkem
02-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Borderline useless is brian wright,tbh

Well, yeah, the real GM is Poop.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2020, 03:33 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the young players for the Spurs(haven't seen anything from any of them), but they haven't been put in a position to succeed. What is the identity of this team? The roster doesn't make any sense. Most of the pieces don't fit together and Pop is all over the place.

monty4329
02-07-2020, 04:35 AM
38 min, 2-10, -14

The future.

EasyMoney
02-07-2020, 04:52 AM
I wonder how buried this thread will be when they have a good game together. They are the backcourt of the future and pop doesn't see it since he is in love with a midget.

monty4329
02-07-2020, 05:02 AM
I wonder how buried this thread will be when they have a good game together.

When the blind squirrel finds a nut. Happens occasionally, in Texas. Remains a blind squirrel, though.

Prime BEEF
02-07-2020, 06:36 AM
Our young core isn’t very good. Our old core isn’t very good. Our “stars” aren’t very good. This roster just sucks everywhere.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2020, 06:48 AM
giving IG kent a extension when he hasnt proven shit

yet kawhi already proven his shit, yet couldnt even get a supermax, let alone they already lowballed him on his 2nd contract after his rookie deal...fck the spurs patfo

bdictjames
02-08-2020, 08:31 AM
This is a good video of why the Spurs' offense looks discombobulated when Murray is running it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jSnSNjIlA

bdictjames
02-08-2020, 08:31 AM
I think Murray should go to France this offseason and work out with Tony Parker, tbh.

C-Dub
02-08-2020, 09:17 AM
Not to many here mention LMA as the problem. He makes pretty much the same money as DDR and is not as aggressive or better at any part of the game including rebounding. Why don't anyone see that or mention it. LMA is not a winner and doesn't seem to even care. He is much worse than DDR and people give him a pass and I'm not sure why. Spurs will never come close to being contenders with LMA as a focal point.

spurspl
02-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Our young core isn’t very good. Our old core isn’t very good. Our “stars” aren’t very good. This roster just sucks everywhere.

agree, u cannot have a great young players if u draft late picks every year and send them to g league for 2yrs...

monty4329
02-09-2020, 04:49 AM

another stellar performance from Lonnie tonight :lmao

EasyMoney
02-09-2020, 04:52 AM
Manu needs to come and be an assistant coach. He's the only one of the big 3 that would be willing to yell at a ref and try to assert his knowledge during practice and during games

monty4329
02-09-2020, 05:03 AM
Manu needs to come and be an assistant coach. He's the only one of the big 3 that would be willing to yell at a ref and try to assert his knowledge during practice and during games

I don't think he would start making threes

Sugus
02-12-2020, 08:53 AM
I wonder how buried this thread will be when they have a good game together. They are the backcourt of the future and pop doesn't see it since he is in love with a midget.

It wasn't buried so low, I was thinking about this retarded thread just after the game.

As everyone has seen, Murray career-high 25pt on 12FGA with 9R/3A to go with it in - to nobody's surprise - one of the Spurs' only games without DeRozan. Lonnie had a less stat-stellar game but was still solid, playing some nice defense. Dejounte's jumper is absolutely wet. Now we wait for Lonnie's good game so that retard Monty can go hide under a rock for the next month or so

EasyMoney
02-12-2020, 09:33 AM
It wasn't buried so low, I was thinking about this retarded thread just after the game.

As everyone has seen, Murray career-high 25pt on 12FGA with 9R/3A to go with it in - to nobody's surprise - one of the Spurs' only games without DeRozan. Lonnie had a less stat-stellar game but was still solid, playing some nice defense. Dejounte's jumper is absolutely wet. Now we wait for Lonnie's good game so that retard Monty can go hide under a rock for the next month or so

Very reminiscent of their preseason game against the rockets. Dj just letting it fly and playing solid d

look_at_g_shred
02-12-2020, 11:11 AM
Very encouraging to see Murray play like he did. I'm confident he will only get better. He seems to have the will to grow as a player.

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 11:16 AM
This thread isn't aging well, thankfully.

I hope it ages like rancid wine.

NASpurs
02-12-2020, 11:20 AM
When the blind squirrel finds a nut. Happens occasionally, in Texas. Remains a blind squirrel, though.

This cocksucker hasn’t been here for a few days. I wonder which players are playing well.

MultiTroll
02-12-2020, 11:20 AM
- to nobody's surprise - one of the Spurs' only games without DeRozan. Lonnie had a less stat-stellar game but was still solid, playing some nice defense. Dejounte's jumper is absolutely wet. Now we wait for Lonnie's good game so that retard Monty can go hide under a rock for the next month or so
OP, take a huge sniff of this.

Sugus
02-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Very reminiscent of their preseason game against the rockets. Dj just letting it fly and playing solid d

The shots he took yesterday are exactly the shot opportunities that aren't there with DeMar running the show and taking all the mid-range FGA. White as the true PG keeps looking like an obvious decision especially as DJ's shot continues to improve. He should work on his 3 ball but maybe that can be the focus this off-season along with getting stronger. Just another game that shows Pop hardly if ever puts his players in position to succeed this season.

Sugus
02-12-2020, 11:27 AM
This cocksucker hasn’t been here for a few days. I wonder which players are playing well.

Don't worry, he'll be back with his retard takes after Lonnie has another 0pt game. One of the rare users which you're better off not blocking just to laugh at their pity poor opinions. What a sad retard Monty is

rjv
02-12-2020, 11:31 AM
This thread isn't aging well, thankfully.

I hope it ages like rancid wine.

Mugen
02-12-2020, 11:51 AM

monty has gotten shit on more this season than the old man :lol

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2020, 02:00 PM
This is the kind of performance that we were all expecting from Murray and White when the season started. The consistency is missing though, but maybe they can keep it up for the last 30 games.

Also there's no reason that they can't play like that with DeRozan coming back. I can't count how many times somebody pump faked at the 3 and then drove into traffic to pass the ball out to a player who wasn't open. This team needs more players who are aggressively looking for their shot and DJ/White/Walker are at the top of that list

monty4329
02-12-2020, 02:04 PM

Still waiting for that 20+ game....
He is certainly taking advantage of starting.

Meantime you keep jerking off over Lonnie clanking shots while nobody guards him. Before he started having heavy minutes we were in contention for last PO spot. Now, fittingly, Spurs are a tanking team. But don't worry, he might one let you suck him.

Dejounte
02-12-2020, 03:02 PM
Meh i dont think hes going to keep shooting mid range shots like that at a good percentage. Hes gonna start bricking. Fluke game. Lets see if he can do it again.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 03:48 PM
This is the kind of performance that we were all expecting from Murray and White when the season started. The consistency is missing though, but maybe they can keep it up for the last 30 games.

Also there's no reason that they can't play like that with DeRozan coming back. I can't count how many times somebody pump faked at the 3 and then drove into traffic to pass the ball out to a player who wasn't open. This team needs more players who are aggressively looking for their shot and DJ/White/Walker are at the top of that list

I think there are definite reasons. Dumbmar stifles ball movement and off-ball player movement with his Iso game. Moreover, as Sugus noted above, Dumbmar's absence opens up spaces on the floor for others.

Sugus
02-12-2020, 08:59 PM
Still waiting for that 20+ game....
He is certainly taking advantage of starting.

Meantime you keep jerking off over Lonnie clanking shots while nobody guards him. Before he started having heavy minutes we were in contention for last PO spot. Now, fittingly, Spurs are a tanking team. But don't worry, he might one let you suck him.

It's so sad that you think, out of all the problems that the '19-20 Spurs have at every level of coaching, rotations and roster personnel, that a 20 year old prospect getting decent minutes makes the difference between playoff contention and tanking... Truly speaks of how little of the game you understand. Thinking a random bar to clear of scoring 20pt after starting two single games defines him as a prospect/player... You truly earn your nickname - your takes are nothing but retarded.

If he were on his fourth year and had shown no improvement in his game, I'd be disappointed. But he's been having a fine trajectory for a developing prospect and shown the flashes. How many 21-year-old's career high scoring is 28pt or higher? I could keep going on, Monty, but I feel it's much too lost on your simple mind. You have already made up your mind (and died on the hill) that Lonnie is not an NBA player, and have gone on to root against him openly. Personally, I don't need to see Lonnie succeed to know you're a fucking retard, but him proving you wrong will make it all the sweeter. Keep posting until then :tu

tim_duncan_fan
02-12-2020, 10:50 PM

Nothing but truth here.

XDT76
02-13-2020, 04:42 AM

Unfortunately with DDR staying at the 3 point line, his defender can sag off and help to crowd the paint while the rest of the defenders saty close to their man. It is no coincidence that DDR becomes "Jordan Lite" when LMA starts to shoot and hit more 3s. DDR is not the only problem but he makes it harder. Plus with more rotation and help defending required, the rest of the players will be more tired and thus reduce in their efficiency. Seeing that the Spurs mostly play worse in the 2nd half I am actually concern about their fitness conditioning.