PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Clippers - Feb. 3, 2020

timvp
02-04-2020, 05:16 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-february-3-2020/

tl;dr: The Spurs almost had it...

tbdog
02-04-2020, 05:50 AM
Forbes is so frustrating. Not only does he get beat, he then pushes.

EasyMoney
02-04-2020, 05:59 AM
Forbes should never play a 4th quarter again. Murray/white/walker should be closing

szkorhetz
02-04-2020, 06:08 AM
Walker and Murray were invisible on offense..

Shakril
02-04-2020, 06:22 AM
As long as Forbes plays even just 1 min, Pop does not deserve an A-Grade.

monty4329
02-04-2020, 06:39 AM
Lonnie :lmao

"Defensively, he stayed in front of his man well."

PG13 agrees

objective
02-04-2020, 06:57 AM
I wouldn't give Pop an A. Or even a B.

Expectations are so low for Pop that not getting everything wrong is reason for praise.

Yes, it's good that Walker played a lot in the fourth. And good that Marco was DNP.

But how about playing the best players the most minutes?

How on Earth, after the Charlotte game, do White and Murray not play together? How does White still live limited to 23 minutes?

Why on Earth is Poeltl only playing 14 minutes? Jersey aside, it still would have only been around 16, 17. He's not perfect, but he is damn good enough that he should be getting 25+ minutes a game.

And that's ignoring the DNPs that Forbes deserves.

vavvi
02-04-2020, 07:08 AM
Good game. If we had played like this against all lottery teams, we would have been easily in the playoffs.

tholdren
02-04-2020, 07:11 AM
Lol giving lonnie a higher grade than ddr.... there are three players on the spurs who should never play: lonnie, gay, murray. Take that for data

vavvi
02-04-2020, 07:13 AM
Lol giving lonnie a higher grade than ddr.... there are three players on the spurs who should never play: lonnie, gay, murray. Take that for data

Forbes should take all their minutes?

monty4329
02-04-2020, 07:26 AM
Lol giving lonnie a higher grade than ddr....

Grades are dictated by Google Analytics, catering to ST demographics.

pookenstein
02-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Jakob's grade should be half a grade higher. The extra time LMA had because of the missing jersey got him going. He had eight points in that span.

EasyMoney
02-04-2020, 07:55 AM

This is why I don't take most of you seriously.

r0drig0lac
02-04-2020, 08:04 AM
Forbes should never play

Trill Clinton
02-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Walker and Murray were invisible on offense..

They don't have offense

JeffDuncan
02-04-2020, 11:41 AM
After Pop's halftime adjustments, the Spurs failed to score a field goal for more than half the 3rd quarter. That is an F.

The starting point guard had 0 assists. That is an F.

RC_Drunkford
02-04-2020, 11:43 AM
How does a coach who has his team come out flat after they got a lead in the 2nd half every fuckin time get an A? :lol I'm curious. How many times did this team have a lead and then immediately got ran over when the 3rd quarter started?

Kobe'sAchilles
02-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Poetl needs to be playing more. White needs to be playing more. Forbes needs to stay on the bench, get Patty's towel from 2013, and learn how to use it bc the dude shouldn't be playing. Gay needs to be traded for a second rounder. Pop needs an offensive assistant coach to help him figure out how to play White, Murray, and Lonnie together.

Truth4sale$
02-04-2020, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the grades Timvp, very dissapointing loss. Spurs should have won this one. I know players, play and coaches coach but certain players who play---Gay, and Forbes should not be playing. Popovich also goes away from what is working, Trey Lyles played good against the clippers but did not get enough time. He should have been out there over Gay. Derrick White needs to become more aggressive offensively and emerge as the true third option. Otherwise the Spurs have no chance for the playoffs. Its Now or Never

FkLA
02-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Forms really shouldn't ever help on defense. For one, he's absolutely useless as a help defender. He's too much of a bitch to ever sacrifice his body to draw a charge and obviously doesn't bother shooters up top. He's also too slow, too small, with too small of a wingspan to ever be able to recover back on the man he is helping off of. He gives up so many wide open threes overhelping.

I hate him so much, tbh.

KimmyGib
02-04-2020, 05:34 PM
With 10 seconds left and in a 2-possession deficit, how are you going to use two timeouts for a single play? Saving that final timeout to advance the ball for the final shot was their only chance. The hell was Pop thinking?

John B
02-04-2020, 07:14 PM
Clippers is a good team that Spurs went toe to toe with. A made basket or two and Spurs could’ve won it. Then everybody would be getting A, A+ beating a superior team at their own court. I wasn’t pleased with the loss, but I’m happy with the effort. They were there, and I couldn’t ask for more. Spurs just need to get better, bottomline. I hope it continues. I see Pop starting to rely more on defense, instead of trying to “outscore” the opponent with a Forbes/Mills/Beli combination, hence giving more time to Lonnie, Murray, White on the floor. Lonnie Is starting to get comfortable playing in the system. I feel Pop would rely to him more. It was a good game, despite the loss. I enjoyed it. I feel Spurs would build on it, that they are capable of a great game, just need to tweak a little more.

wildbill2u
02-04-2020, 08:39 PM
Clippers is a good team that Spurs went toe to toe with. A made basket or two and Spurs could’ve won it. Then everybody would be getting A, A+ beating a superior team at their own court. I wasn’t pleased with the loss, but I’m happy with the effort. They were there, and I couldn’t ask for more. Spurs just need to get better, bottomline. I hope it continues. I see Pop starting to rely more on defense, instead of trying to “outscore” the opponent with a Forbes/Mills/Beli combination, hence giving more time to Lonnie, Murray, White on the floor. Lonnie Is starting to get comfortable playing in the system. I feel Pop would rely to him more. It was a good game, despite the loss. I enjoyed it. I feel Spurs would build on it, that they are capable of a great game, just need to tweak a little more.
Good Game!
Anybody that didn't feel the excitement of a closely played game between an inferior squad playing hard against one of the best teams in the league with a couple of superstars shouldn't be watching basketball.

ZeusWillJudge
02-04-2020, 08:48 PM
Spurs clock management has gotten steadily worse for the last couple of seasons. That's a coaching deficiency. It was really bad last night.

Putting Bryn back into the game was a coaching deficiency.

Don't like the A- for Pop.