PDA

View Full Version : DD and LMA as scapegoats

Collins21
02-04-2020, 06:08 PM
This has to be said fans use these two guys as scapegoats two often. The truth is the young core of the Spurs has stunk up the joint all year long. Key Point I always hear is that they young guns can't get enough touches with LMA and DD out there. However that game against the Bulls was the perfect time for at least one of them to step up on the offensive end and they completely no showed. Now the apologist for these underachievers are going to say yeah but Pop has them pigeonhole into certain roles and have them scared to do anything. Well Pop also pigeonholed a Young Kawhi but guess what he did he stood in the corner and took the open 3 which was his role. These young guys on this team are dumb they will be wide open after a DD drive and kick or a LMA pass out of a double team. Instead of these dudes taking the good look they will drive into the paint and shoot up a terrible shot instead of the open shot. The only young player who I think his lack of scoring is offset by his another talents would be Derrick White. White does so much more than just being able to score while Walker and Murray don't score while also not facilitating. It's time for Spurs fans to stop being fanboys of the young core and realize that Pop is only part of the problem Murray and Walker need to play better or they need to be replaced period. This team would be better right now with Kuzma instead of either Walker or White.

sasaint
02-04-2020, 06:38 PM
This has to be said fans use these two guys as scapegoats two often. The truth is the young core of the Spurs has stunk up the joint all year long. Key Point I always hear is that they young guns can't get enough touches with LMA and DD out there. However that game against the Bulls was the perfect time for at least one of them to step up on the offensive end and they completely no showed. Now the apologist for these underachievers are going to say yeah but Pop has them pigeonhole into certain roles and have them scared to do anything. Well Pop also pigeonholed a Young Kawhi but guess what he did he stood in the corner and took the open 3 which was his role. These young guys on this team are dumb they will be wide open after a DD drive and kick or a LMA pass out of a double team. Instead of these dudes taking the good look they will drive into the paint and shoot up a terrible shot instead of the open shot. The only young player who I think his lack of scoring is offset by his another talents would be Derrick White. White does so much more than just being able to score while Walker and Murray don't score while also not facilitating. It's time for Spurs fans to stop being fanboys of the young core and realize that Pop is only part of the problem Murray and Walker need to play better or they need to be replaced period. This team would be better right now with Kuzma instead of either Walker or White.

Did you mis-type?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-04-2020, 06:53 PM
*also forbes

RC_Drunkford
02-04-2020, 08:46 PM
truth bomb. I wouldn't replace Murray and Walker though. I would just start White and Walker instead of Murray/Forbes and try to get somebody who can start by making a trade. These 2 guys need some major help. They outperformed PG13 and Kawhi the other night and still lost because they are surrounded by garbage.

JeffDuncan
02-04-2020, 09:41 PM
truth bomb. I wouldn't replace Murray and Walker though. I would just start White and Walker instead of Murray/Forbes and try to get somebody who can start by making a trade. These 2 guys need some major help. They outperformed PG13 and Kawhi the other night and still lost because they are surrounded by garbage.

Or do what everybody has been talking about all year, start White & Murray at the guards. It wouldn't even be necessary to designate which is the point guard. They both know the offense. They could call it themselves, on the floor, for who takes the point, depending on the opposition and matchups. Play them both as combo guards. Pop would have a screeching fit, tho. But if White and Murray had been playing together all season they'd probably be a pretty good tandem by now. Oh well.

Guards: White & Murray, or vice versa.
SF: DDR.
PF: Lyles (for rebounding).
PF/C: LMA

Bench.
PG: Walker
SG: Mills
Forwards: Gay & Metu
Center: Poeltl

The high energy level of Mills goes better with Walker. Find out if they can feed off each other, while Mills is having one of his better years.

It is seriously way past the time to see if Metu can play. Enough of the half-assed Spurs excuse for "development." Give Metu some run in the rotation. If it works, good, or if not, trade him or let him go.

As for trades, the Spurs are unlikely to find any, except heavily at their own expense.

Collins21
02-04-2020, 10:21 PM

We seen what happens when they bench DJ he turns into a malcontent. I'm sick of people blaming LMA and DD while ignoring the other players playing like trash!!!

RC_Drunkford
02-04-2020, 10:39 PM
Or do what everybody has been talking about all year, start White & Murray at the guards. It wouldn't even be necessary to designate which is the point guard. They both know the offense. They could call it themselves, on the floor, for who takes the point, depending on the opposition and matchups. Play them both as combo guards. Pop would have a screeching fit, tho. But if White and Murray had been playing together all season they'd probably be a pretty good tandem by now. Oh well.

Guards: White & Murray, or vice versa.
SF: DDR.
PF: Lyles (for rebounding).
PF/C: LMA

Bench.
PG: Walker
SG: Mills
Forwards: Gay & Metu
Center: Poeltl

The high energy level of Mills goes better with Walker. Find out if they can feed off each other, while Mills is having one of his better years.

It is seriously way past the time to see if Metu can play. Enough of the half-assed Spurs excuse for "development." Give Metu some run in the rotation. If it works, good, or if not, trade him or let him go.

As for trades, the Spurs are unlikely to find any, except heavily at their own expense.

starting Murray at SG would work too, he just has to shoot all the open 3s he's getting. He's obviously good enough at it

tholdren
02-04-2020, 10:44 PM

Lma is terrible the end

slick'81
02-04-2020, 11:03 PM
Too bad we cant get two more max players to make them better

BlackAndWhite
02-04-2020, 11:12 PM
They are good players but the role players from last season disintegrated. This time last year Gay was still a competent 6 man while white tore up the league. Bryn Forbes shot 45% while Marco averaged 10 pts a game. The same can not be said this time around.

duncan2k5
02-04-2020, 11:18 PM
What do I suggest? Build around LMA and DDR? Lolololololol!!!

Not only are they not good together, but they don't have team first attitudes... How can our young guys grow and learn in that environment?

Basketball-wise, they will never win together no matter who u put around them... They've had good to great teams around them but always lose... And that was in their prime... That can't be traded fast enough

Genovaswitness
02-04-2020, 11:25 PM
classic sniffer thread. move along :toast

Atl Spur
02-04-2020, 11:28 PM
No young player can grow into who they are supposed to be while catering to fat, lazy vets! DD and LMA are the worst type of examples for young and impressionable players. A young Manu or Kawhi could have coexisted but this group is not built like that. The young guns development isn’t for today, it’s for 3 seasons from now! Move these lazy as_ vets for some young scrappy players; lose now win later. Who knows you may have the next superstar under your nose.

Atl Spur
02-04-2020, 11:31 PM
Because everyone knew Luka Doncic was going to be a superstar.......

Gibbz
02-04-2020, 11:31 PM
This is facts, tbh. DeMar and LMA have been absolutely fine this season. LMA can't move on defense any more but the brother is old as hell and is still a good rim protector and has great scoring splits. DeMar has been going absolutely nuts lately. The rest of the roster is unbelievably bad outside of the occasional Poeltl minutes, and Patty on one end. This team starts Bryn Forbes and Trey Lyles for God's sake. Bryn fucking Forbes is third in minutes. LeBron would not make the playoffs as the lead dog on this pig of a roster.

itzsoweezee
02-04-2020, 11:41 PM
Lololol

DMC
02-04-2020, 11:54 PM
Spurs have to admit they don't have the horses. Sure these guys can be decent role players, maybe a bit more eventually, but you don't have the mentors on the floor in Manu and Tim Duncan. Right now these guys are system players, and they are building their resumes and some team will overpay the hell out of them like they did for Simmons and Neal. It will all work out well for them, but diamonds in the rough are called that for a reason, and they aren't going to come along that often.

Atl Spur
02-04-2020, 11:54 PM
Case made........our players have no fight. Walking / jogging back on D; half assing it to the fullest! Pop has no dogs on this roster except the rookie who still learning; Johnson hopefully takes on a Kobe & Manu approach.

Collins21
02-04-2020, 11:56 PM
What do I suggest? Build around LMA and DDR? Lolololololol!!!

Not only are they not good together, but they don't have team first attitudes... How can our young guys grow and learn in that environment?

Basketball-wise, they will never win together no matter who u put around them... They've had good to great teams around them but always lose... And that was in their prime... That can't be traded fast enough

You're still a faggot and no one cares for your opinion.

tholdren
02-05-2020, 12:03 AM

I did

Atl Spur
02-05-2020, 12:16 AM
Heartless....... Walker better adjust his approach; he hasn’t made it thus he better stop acting like he has. Get me Okeke from Orlando

RC_Drunkford
02-05-2020, 12:17 AM

Everybody who wasn't a full blown idiot knew it. He outplayed an All-Star Goran Dragic while being 19 years old. That alone told you he'll be a superstar

RVSTX
02-05-2020, 12:22 AM
whether we like it or not, la and dd are the only ones capable of scoring 20 a night...dd has been good, la has had his moments...while most of the time murray cant buy a bucket, ending with that triple single stat line...white has been inconsistent, forbes disappears after the first qt...walker usually gets pulled no matter what he does...gay has really slowed down. its two extremes, young guys not developing fast enough while the vets need better more experienced players around them. spurs have to decide which way to go! u either help la and dd or you move on and develop the young guys...

Atl Spur
02-05-2020, 12:25 AM
Everybody who wasn't a full blown idiot knew it. He outplayed an All-Star Goran Dragic while being 19 years old. That alone told you he'll be a superstar

Full blown huh........lol. You guys on Spurs talk are funny dudes!

Atl Spur
02-05-2020, 12:28 AM
whether we like it or not, la and dd are the only ones capable of scoring 20 a night...dd has been good, la has had his moments...while most of the time murray cant buy a bucket, ending with that triple single stat line...white has been inconsistent, forbes disappears after the first qt...walker usually gets pulled no matter what he does...gay has really slowed down. its two extremes, young guys not developing fast enough while the vets need better more experienced players around them. spurs have to decide which way to go! u either help la and dd or you move on and develop the young guys...

DD & LMA need hearts.....they are lazy as f__k outside of offense. If your opponent is comfortable being chummy with you in the heat of the game......you are not respected!

RVSTX
02-05-2020, 12:37 AM
DD & LMA need hearts.....they are lazy as f__k outside of offense. If your opponent is comfortable being chummy with you in the heat of the game......you are not respected!
okay, it still doesnt change the fact they need better players around them on this team...criticize them all you want, spurs need better players playing alongside them!!!

Spurtacular
02-05-2020, 01:56 AM

Yup. That's what I loved about KG, tbh.