PDA

View Full Version : IV: Zero Games Of Twenty-One Minutes Or More In The Last Sixteen

Spurtacular
02-05-2020, 11:13 PM
Only one twenty-minute game in the last sixteen, too.

I have to go back to Michael Malone jacking Jimmer's minutes to find such a blatant case of minute theft.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-05-2020, 11:15 PM
cool thread will recommend to family and friends

thanks for your work

Floyd Pacquiao
02-06-2020, 01:04 AM
:lol Here's another fun fact Lonnie is shooting 42% from 3 now

itzsoweezee
02-06-2020, 02:08 AM
:lol Here's another fun fact Lonnie is shooting 42% from 3 now

Like I said before, Lonnie is a better basketball player than Bryn in every facet of the game.

His jumpshoot is smooth, effortless, and the same form every single time.

Spurtacular
02-06-2020, 02:44 AM
Bryn has fourteen twenty-minute games in the last sixteen games.

The two games he did not hit that mark, he was at sixteen minutes.

Spurtacular
02-06-2020, 02:47 AM
Thirty minute plus games

Bryn: 9
IV: 1

EasyMoney
02-06-2020, 03:44 AM
Thirty minute plus games

Bryn: 9
IV: 1

And the only reason Lonnie has 1 of those is because of the rockets game that went to overtime. I'm assuming that's the game? Lol

Fireball
02-06-2020, 03:47 AM
Bryn shooting less than 40% from three and still seeing that much minutes is more than annoying ... Lonnie could easily start for him now and play 25 minutes

Spurtacular
02-06-2020, 04:24 AM
And the only reason Lonnie has 1 of those is because of the rockets game that went to overtime. I'm assuming that's the game? Lol

Yup; that and he happened to get hot in a thrown away game and Gregg had to leave him in.

Spurtacular
02-06-2020, 04:34 AM
When Lonnie has quicks hops and handles why isn't he handling the ball at least 1/3 of the time that he is on the floor with Mills and White? I mean Mills whole role is supposed to be for him to spot up and shoot, correct?

For fucks sake...

When he is in there, he's so timid. He's clearly been told to not overshadow DePression and Muh Touches; and he knows he's getting pulled the second he does any little unsatisfactory thing.

Fireball
02-06-2020, 04:52 AM
I do not have the feeling that Lonnie is ready to be the primary ballhandler but some more touches would be helpful otherwise he seems to go through the motions offensively and tends to completely disappear. White should be the primary ballhandler of the second unit ... Mills should only be a spot up shooter or work his two man game with Poeltl

Slippy
02-06-2020, 05:01 AM
To put this in perspective for DONKS here,

Kyle Anderson in his second year had 25 games of over 20 minutes 13 games of over 25 minutes and 5 games of over 30 minutes.

On a team where he was the back up (on depth charts) to Kawhi Leonard and had David West, Matt Bonner, Boris Diaw, and Jonathon Simmons coming off the Bench. .

But because pop is WASHED and Obsessed with Bryn Forbes he cannot seem to give Lonnie 20 Minutes.

Pop NEEDS TO GO NOW!!!!!

You know some talented blogger could probably write an article about this very subject.

(If you want to include Manu on the Bench... thats another strike against greggors)

Yap thanks for posting . Said awhile back . It's a weird double standard POP got going on here. Can't remember a 2nd yr rookie of the spurs, the talent of Lonnie being so underused when the team is screaming for his kind of ability.

look_at_g_shred
02-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Yap thanks for posting . Said awhile back . It's a weird double standard POP got going on here. Can't remember a 2nd yr rookie of the spurs, the talent of Lonnie being so underused when the team is screaming for his kind of ability.
Well put.

My Fault
02-06-2020, 10:15 AM
Thanks for posting, haven’t been able to keep up with this since you last posted this same thread...

DJR210
02-07-2020, 02:28 PM
Blowing layups and dunks, hesitating on open shots, playing inconsistent D is not helping his cause tbh

tholdren
02-07-2020, 03:35 PM
Hairdo is only valued by current spurs fans because he makes a cool dunk every other game in garbage time. His low iq keeps him on the bench. You said the same about murray for 2 years.

TDomination
02-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Hairdo is only valued by current spurs fans because he makes a cool dunk every other game in garbage time. His low iq keeps him on the bench. You said the same about murray for 2 years.

I'd take Forbes out and put Lonnie in the starting lineup in a heartbeat. We aint going anywhere with Forbes. We may go somewhere with Lonnie depending if he can learn and grow.
Give him Forbes minutes every game and see how he does.

Ibleedslvrnblk
02-07-2020, 06:12 PM
If Lonnie is the teams savior may Lord Jesus help us all..

My Fault
02-12-2020, 12:03 AM
Got minutes the last two games and put up a measly 4 & 6 points so please stfu and don’t start anymore threads on this

Spurtacular
02-12-2020, 12:32 AM
Blowing layups and dunks, hesitating on open shots, playing inconsistent D is not helping his cause tbh

That's only going to change with consistent usage too.

Spurtacular
02-12-2020, 12:33 AM
Got minutes the last two games and put up a measly 4 & 6 points so please stfu and don’t start anymore threads on this

Cry me a river. IV is the superior option to Forbes. STFU

My Fault
02-12-2020, 02:02 AM
Cry me a river. IV is the superior option to Forbes. STFU
Well, the bar is low so can’t say you’re wrong but still vastly overrated by idiots like yourself

Spurtacular
02-12-2020, 02:17 AM
Well, the bar is low so can’t say you’re wrong but still vastly overrated by idiots like yourself

Yea, tell me how shitty of a player IV is and how bad his career is going to go.

Rummpd
02-12-2020, 12:57 PM
All this ties together with we have a senile stubborn head coach.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-14-2020, 12:53 PM
I'd give Walker minutes over the midget brothers and Marco. This team is not good, so may as well see if Lonnie can develop into anything decent.

Sugus
02-14-2020, 01:47 PM
So many stupid posters seeing a 20yo guy and thinking that's a finished product or anywhere close to his ceiling... Have theimy never watched a player develop? It's obviously not these posters' first time watching basketball, so you have to wonder if there's neurological factors involved.

Also tragic how defense flies under the radar nowadays. I haven't seen anyone talking about Walker's very good man-to-man defense and closeouts, he's still getting lost while playing zone and should stick to his man (this is a fault of Pop's outdated defensive scheme mostly, though) but he's got a lot of potential there. A trio of White-Dejounte-Lonnie in a year or two is the pinnacle of modern NBA switching and length. Add in Poeltl's rim protection and a solid 4 (hopefully FA) and the defense could be deadly, if Pop stepped down and we got a new coach who is up to speed on the modern game.

Arcadian
02-14-2020, 02:16 PM
Damn, so his great-grandfather was the original Lonnie Walker? His name possibly dates back to the late 1800s.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 04:50 PM
IV can relate to this, no doubt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lPxKLVt1Pw