PDA

View Full Version : Did Artest do it on purpose?

Solid D
11-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Bruce Bowen gets criticized for his tight play on jumpshooters.

Ron Artest stuck his left foot under Shaq coming up from behind while Shaq was in the air going for a rebound. Shaq came down on Ron's foot and twisted his rt. ankle badly.

Artest did not react with any surprise or concern when Shaq went down. Did Ron-Ron do it on purpose?

:angel

Marklar MM
11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Heat boards seem to think so.

Sense
11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Aslong as that isn't Tim going down or Ben Wallace, I don't care :lol

Sense
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
thats what shaq gets for 0.4

Shaq had nothing to do with .4, wtf does that mean?

And how can he deserve an injury? GFY.

woodseed
11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't think artest did it on purpose.
I for one wouldn't want shaq stepping on my foot for the risk of multiple bone fractures.
And no one deserves to be injured.

Solid D
11-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Watch the replay. Artest comes out of nowhere like Jack Ruby.

Marcus Bryant
11-03-2005, 11:34 PM
At least he did not flip off his own bench after the play.

King
11-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Looked to me like Shaq didn't land on anyone.

Solid D
11-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Looked to me like Shaq didn't land on anyone.

Yeah, the TNT replay showed it in slow mo. Just like Timmy came down on Rasheed's foot, Shaq did the same on Ron's foot.

The difference was that Artest was not even in the play. Shaq had shoved David Harrison under the basket to get the rebound and as Shaq was coming down, Artest comes in from nowhere near the play and sticks his left foot across and under Shaq's landing area.

picnroll
11-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Pacers are specializing in taking out Shaq, first Jermaine, now Ron

King
11-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah, the TNT replay showed it in slow mo. Just like Timmy came down on Rasheed's foot, Shaq did the same on Ron's foot.

The difference was that Artest was not even in the play. Shaq had shoved David Harrison under the basket to get the rebound and as Shaq was coming down, Artest comes in from nowhere near the play and sticks his left foot across and under Shaq's landing area.

Ah - didn't see that. Thought Shaq just came down on his toes, and it rolled. Regardless, if people are going to vehemently deny that Bowen could be doing that same thing - maybe it's best not to insinuate Artest does/did it. (Not necessarily anyone in this post).

Solid D
11-03-2005, 11:53 PM
I wonder about Bowen sometimes.

Pistons < Spurs
11-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Bowen could be doing that same thing

I was wondering if anyone was going to refer to this.

TDMVPDPOY
11-03-2005, 11:59 PM
wtf gives a fuk bout this fag shaq

LilMissSPURfect
11-04-2005, 12:01 AM
thats what shaq gets for 0.4

OUCH! :fro :fro :fro :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The Artest Factor
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm gonna tell you all straight up - I hope Artest did do it on purpose. Shaq is an a-hole who's never taken it easy on anyone, and I also love the dirt players. Must go back to my childhood of watching "The Dirtiest Player In The Game" Ric Fliar cheat his way to 17 heavyweight championships! WHOOOOOOO!
P.S. - I hope he does the same thing to Duncan :lol:

LilMissSPURfect
11-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Ya Gonna Sew Whatcha Reap

Solid D
11-04-2005, 12:07 AM
http://scribblguy.50megs.com/basement.jpg

The Surprise Factor. Ron "Jack Ruby" Artest

LilMissSPURfect
11-04-2005, 12:08 AM
http://scribblguy.50megs.com/basement.jpg

The Surprise Factor. Ron "Jack Ruby" Artest
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :throwupsp :throwupsp

T Park
11-04-2005, 03:02 AM
I wonder about Bowen sometimes.

I think so as well, I love Bruce Bowen to death, but there are times, where you wonder if he is doing things dirty.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

It may not be dirty in our eyes, but in the eyes of others it is.

(Waits for Kori's wrath :) )

Horry For 3!
11-04-2005, 03:05 AM
I don't think he was....as he seemed to "try" to catch Shaq from falling.

Kori Ellis
11-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Of course Artest and Bowen do stuff that's borderline dirty, that's part of what makes them crafty good. I don't think Artest did this to Shaq on purpose though. I don't think he'd intentionally risk Shaq crushing his foot in the landing.

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2005, 04:15 AM
WTF is goin to be stupid enough to put there foot under a landing 400pound quarter pounder?

BronxCowboy
11-04-2005, 06:38 AM
^^
Ditto that. There is no way anybody intentionally sticks their foot under Shaq.

Joepa
11-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Shaq was in the air, what, maybe 2.3 seconds when grabbing that rebound? It would be pretty difficult to move into exact position for Shaq to land on your foot, especially when you weren't even looking down to see where your foot was placed.

I think Artest is an ass ,but that would be an amazing feat (no pun intended) if he were able to do that.

lilmads
11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
He didn't mean to do it... As TDMVPDPOY said, who the hell would want Shaq of all people on their feet?! I know it seems like somethin he might try, but I don't think he did it.

ObiwanGinobili
11-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Of course Artest and Bowen do stuff that's borderline dirty, that's part of what makes them crafty good. I don't think Artest did this to Shaq on purpose though. I don't think he'd intentionally risk Shaq crushing his foot in the landing.

Or intentionally risk the rest of Shaq's body landing square on his. :wow ouch.

romsey31
11-04-2005, 07:56 AM
I cant believe some people would even let nonsense like this cross their minds....seems to me Heat fans just cant take a beating.

Solid D
11-04-2005, 09:16 AM
It looks like the verdict is in then. Artest didn't do it on purpose. Thanks for sounding off.

:angel

Useruser666
11-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Shaq was in the air, what, maybe 2.3 seconds when grabbing that rebound? It would be pretty difficult to move into exact position for Shaq to land on your foot, especially when you weren't even looking down to see where your foot was placed.

I think Artest is an ass ,but that would be an amazing feat (no pun intended) if he were able to do that.

Shaq couldn't get into the air for 2.3 secs if you hung a whopper off the backboard and lit a stick of dynamite under him. And relax guys, SolidD is just doing a mind control experiment on you.

Spurminator
11-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Shaq planted his back foot 2 feet behind himself. It was an odd landing anyway, and Artest's foot wasn't really anywhere near Shaq's body... just happened to be where his foot landed.

It looked like Shaq was going for style points on the rebound and paid for it.

MiNuS
11-04-2005, 10:06 AM
one unlucky sprained ankle deserves another.

what is the NBA coming too?? No Amare and no Shaq! it looks like the Heat is setting up to lose home court advantage. So its either the Pistons or Pistons vs the Spurs.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Of course Artest didn't do it on purpose, he is a warrior and a true defender unlike that depicable Bruce Bowen who's only intention is to injure others through his dirty play. :rolleyes

Actually I would say that he was coming into the center of the lane for the rebounding opportunity. But the idea isn't necessarily that Artest wouldn't have had time to place his foot properly under Shaq to cause a problem. In general, Bowen has been accused of getting his legs tangled with his opponents and if Artest had bad intentions, its just a matter of putting his legs in the way in general. That being said, it didn't look like he did this, it looked more like Shaq planted his foot farther back than he needed to.

Artest and Bowen's play is borderline or at least seems so because of their aggressive ways. Homervision causes us to see things in a different light but if you put yourself in the shoes of the OTHER team's fans, we would probably see things differently also.

cheguevara
11-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Artest is innocent. Fat Shaq fell sprained his ankle on his own.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-04-2005, 11:14 AM
If Artest is really willing to put himself under a 700 pound bowling falling to the earth then he's crazier than a crackhouse rat. I think he's innocent on this one, but if Ben Wallace busts an ankle under similar circumstances I may have to rethink this.

mrose31
11-04-2005, 11:55 AM
You can look at replay on espn motion it did not look at all intentional.

Summers
11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Is it wrong that I actually feel sorry for Shaq? I'm having sympathy pains in my ankle, so it would be wrong to gloat. Plus, it's bad karma.

fdmf
11-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Pacers are specializing in taking out Shaq, first Jermaine, now Ron

I had to read this ten times to get what you were saying...I thought you were making an O'neal reference...Shaq, Jermaine...and Ron O'neal...I was ready to give you a BIG PIMPIN card!

So...in a split second Artest sees Shaq shove to get the rebound...sees him in the air...says to himsef "wow...a 400 lb seven footer in the air....I'm putting my foot under there!!!"

And then...it started to rain...

boo_radley
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I certainly hope that a guy wouldn't be so messed up as to intentionally hurt another player -- but this is Ron Artest we are talking about.

duncan228
11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Jack Ruby? Does this mean there was a second sneaker?