PDA

View Full Version : Popovich flaming his own team

itzsoweezee
02-06-2020, 05:29 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1225519601632587785

Imagine putting together the worst defensive lineups, game after game, and shitting on your players like this.

slick'81
02-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Popovich bitches!

Floyd Pacquiao
02-06-2020, 05:47 PM
https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1225519601632587785?s=19

:lol hopefully some of the players see this tweet. I want this shit to hit him in the face. He deserves it for wasting the spurs season ticket holders money and everyone else's by playing his pets

MultiTroll
02-06-2020, 05:53 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1225519601632587785

Imagine putting together the worst defensive lineups, game after game, and shitting on your players like this.
Pop has been pathetic for quite some time now.

is
@Tex_ombian one of us? Kudos for the comment.

ginobilized
02-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Coaches and former players say all kinds of things. It’s their business, not ours.

DavidTheGoliath
02-06-2020, 05:58 PM
https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1225519601632587785?s=19

:lol hopefully some of the players see this tweet. I want this shit to hit him in the face. He deserves it for wasting the spurs season ticket holders money and everyone else's by playing his pets

This. What a fcking joke. Now that he doesnt have the big 3 to save his ass, pops stubborness is biting him back.

sasaint
02-06-2020, 06:03 PM
In the political realm pundits make all kinds of hay out of shit like this.

8sy21vd
02-06-2020, 06:06 PM
Ego so out of control by past successes + no fear of losing his job or being held accountable = recipe for disaster

TimDunkem
02-06-2020, 06:08 PM
Yikes. :lol The old man just doesn't care anymore.

sasaint
02-06-2020, 06:10 PM
Love to see Bonner and Sean discussing this at halftime.

sasaint
02-06-2020, 06:11 PM
Ego so out of control by past successes + no fear of losing his job or being held accountable = recipe for disaster

That recipe has been in the oven and is just about half-baked by now.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2020, 06:18 PM
:lol Pop is just enjoying his final years, doing whatever he wants and has earned, this is like when the Lakers were paying Kobe 25 mil a year to shoot 30% from the field.

gambit1990
02-06-2020, 06:25 PM
i wouldn't read too much into it... dame has been on a tear.

if dame wasn't playing like he has been and pop said that then it'd be a bigger issue.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-06-2020, 06:28 PM
No way Forbes holds Lillard to only 50

exstatic
02-06-2020, 06:30 PM
i wouldn't read too much into it... dame has been on a tear.

if dame wasn't playing like he has been and pop said that then it'd be a bigger issue.

This. Sean said during the telecast that Dame had averaged 50 over like 7 games? Redonkulous.

exstatic
02-06-2020, 06:31 PM

The way he's playing, it really doesn't matter who you cover him with. Might as well be Forbes, play everyone else tight denying him help and outlets, and hope his damn arm gets tired from shooting.

sasaint
02-06-2020, 06:41 PM
https://twitter.com/DeMarreCarroll1/status/1225543677508014080

This man will have something to say when he leaves the organization.

I dunno. He has been so classy during this whole Twilight Zone experience that I am not sure he will ever say anything.

paperboy77
02-06-2020, 06:50 PM
Coaches and former players say all kinds of things. It’s their business, not ours.

Yeah but when that shit goes public? Fair game.

widowmaker
02-06-2020, 06:50 PM
Yeah i can see some of the spurs getting butt hurt over a comment like that. But im sure not as butt hurt as these millennial pussies on this board are lmao!!!

Seventyniner
02-06-2020, 06:54 PM
:lol Pop is just enjoying his final years, doing whatever he wants and has earned, this is like when the Lakers were paying Kobe 25 mil a year to shoot 30% from the field.

Nobody is immune, huh.

I wonder if Pop's plan, a few years ago, was to retire after the 2020 Olympics and ride off into the sunset with his wife. Now that that isn't possible, he only has basketball left and is hanging on for dear life.

I don't envy Tim Duncan at all. It has to be killing him to be part of what this season and organization have become. But Pop, as bad a job as he is doing this season, is in an even shittier situtation.

phxspurfan
02-06-2020, 06:55 PM
Yup, it’s true then. He hates the team/franchise basically now. He’s the cancer and has to go

UZER
02-06-2020, 07:02 PM
Nobody is immune, huh.

I wonder if Pop's plan, a few years ago, was to retire after the 2020 Olympics and ride off into the sunset with his wife. Now that that isn't possible, he only has basketball left and is hanging on for dear life.

I don't envy Tim Duncan at all. It has to be killing him to be part of what this season and organization have become. But Pop, as bad a job as he is doing this season, is in an even shittier situtation.

Wait, so there’s not more to life than basketball?

widowmaker
02-06-2020, 07:04 PM
Yup, it’s true then. He hates the team/franchise basically now. He’s the cancer and has to go

Start making some phone calls man, pull those strings march the streets.

timtonymanu
02-06-2020, 07:04 PM
I feel bad for the Sniffers that wanted to see this team make the playoffs only for them to realize Pop cares even less about it than the edgelords

Russ
02-06-2020, 07:08 PM
Old coaching ploy -- poor-mouth your on team and heap praise on your opponent. Do it with a smile if possible.

How long have you folks been around?

itzsoweezee
02-06-2020, 07:08 PM
Yeah i can see some of the spurs getting butt hurt over a comment like that. But im sure not as butt hurt as these millennial pussies on this board are lmao!!!

Shut up boomer

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2020, 07:09 PM
No season ticket holder is going to a game to see Pop COACH, this is an apples to oranges comparison. Then again it is you isn't it. Didn't Kobe score 60 in his last game? So is Pop going to coach the Hell out of his last game and say "Pop OUT"?

Dropping those Bolded Takes since 2008 right Harlem?

Popovich is the face of the organization, he's earned the right to do whatever he wants.

It sucks as a fan, because it's going to hurt the team for a few years, but that's the path the Spurs have chosen.

GAustex
02-06-2020, 07:17 PM

GAustex
02-06-2020, 07:18 PM
Lol

JeffDuncan
02-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Old coaching ploy -- poor-mouth your on team and heap praise on your opponent. Do it with a smile if possible.

How long have you folks been around?

A lot of guys on this board obviously haven't been around at all.

RC_Drunkford
02-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Pop has been flaming the team before the season even started by sabotaging everything to make them worse

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Spurs fans need to start chanting for Carroll to play during games. Make it a little uncomfortable for Pop if nothing else.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-06-2020, 07:41 PM
And yeah, I could probably still score 20+ on a Forbes/Mills tandem. Lillard might break Wilt's record.

LCM
02-06-2020, 07:48 PM
All of his wonderful 'Popisms' are great when you're winning ... you aren't winning!! You're about to be shown 12th place in your conference when this road trip is over!! SS&E is selling off it's second sports property in consecutive years, and you, the face of this organization, are talking about how an opposing player is going to truck your team for 50 to FRANK BRICKOWSKI!! A man I remember as a kid watching the Spurs would take an opponent's head off then have them embarrass his team!! A man who had no fear in tweeting out he saw Mike Tyson screwing someone in a public restroom!! Where the hell is your head, but a million miles up your ass!!

Holt kids ... for the love of this franchise and pro sport's future in SA, fire this man at the end of the year!! He doesn't pass Go, the draft, free agency, trade discussions, scouting reports, nothing!! He hits the pavement, quick - fast - and in a hurry!!

daslicer
02-06-2020, 07:53 PM
Popovich is the face of the organization, he's earned the right to do whatever he wants.

It sucks as a fan, because it's going to hurt the team for a few years, but that's the path the Spurs have chosen.

No coach is ever the face of a franchise. Riley and Phil Jackson were never the faces of the organizations they coached. Not even those guys got the clout that Pop gets. Spurs should just can him.

Spurtacular
02-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Lillard wouldn't be getting no fucking 50 if IV was getting 40.

Slippy
02-06-2020, 07:58 PM
And yeah, I could probably still score 20+ on a Forbes/Mills tandem. Lillard might break Wilt's record.

How can you tweet with a straight face Lillard scoring 50 when your first defender on the court is Bryn. Pop is laughing. Glad to see he can see the funny side.

SayTown
02-06-2020, 08:02 PM
I don't think Pop will be texting Big Frank again anytime soon, lol.

sasaint
02-06-2020, 08:14 PM
All of his wonderful 'Popisms' are great when you're winning ... you aren't winning!! You're about to be shown 12th place in your conference when this road trip is over!! SS&E is selling off it's second sports property in consecutive years, and you, the face of this organization, are talking about how an opposing player is going to truck your team for 50 to FRANK BRICKOWSKI!! A man I remember as a kid watching the Spurs would take an opponent's head off then have them embarrass his team!! A man who had no fear in tweeting out he saw Mike Tyson screwing someone in a public restroom!! Where the hell is your head, but a million miles up your ass!!

Holt kids ... for the love of this franchise and pro sport's future in SA, fire this man at the end of the year!! He doesn't pass Go, the draft, free agency, trade discussions, scouting reports, nothing!! He hits the pavement, quick - fast - and in a hurry!!

The fact is IF by some miracle they pink-slipped the Old Asshole tomorrow it would come several years too late. But it is critical that they do not let him make any further decisions to impact the future of the franchise.

SpurPadre
02-06-2020, 08:46 PM
If only Canzano had the balls to say "Yes, Pop, I'm going to see Lillard drop 50 on your pet G-Leaguer who will clap his hands and yell fuck 50 times while your real talent rots in the bench."

DJR210
02-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Can't wait to say goodbye to this tired old bastard

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2020, 08:50 PM
No coach is ever the face of a franchise. Riley and Phil Jackson were never the faces of the organizations they coached. Not even those guys got the clout that Pop gets. Spurs should just can him.

Those guys never stuck around to coach after their stars left. Riley left before Magic and Kareem did. Phil left with Jordan and never coached the Lakers without Kobe.

Who do people identify as the face of the Spurs in recent years? Obviously Pop, Duncan has been retired for years, so has Manu and Kawhi only really had 1 standout season that wasn't really covered much by the media.

widowmaker
02-06-2020, 09:09 PM
Shut up boomer

No can do millennial, learn how to use your coping mechanism.

daslicer
02-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Those guys never stuck around to coach after their stars left. Riley left before Magic and Kareem did. Phil left with Jordan and never coached the Lakers without Kobe.

Who do people identify as the face of the Spurs in recent years? Obviously Pop, Duncan has been retired for years, so has Manu and Kawhi only really had 1 standout season that wasn't really covered much by the media.

1. Phil was forced out by the Bulls. Reinsdorf and Krause hated him. They let him know during the Bull last title run that he was not going to be brought back. Riley left once Jabbar retired.

2. I will say this both Phil and Riley have faced more severe criticism from the media than Pop has ever faced. Phil didn't get a pass in '94-'95 when the Bulls were struggling before MJ came out of retirement. They were a lot of people back then saying Phil was overrated and should be fired. Riley also faced serious criticism in Miami when the Heat got swept by the Hornets in '01 in the first round of playoffs. In '01 the media was saying Riley was old and washed up. Phil the GM in New York got trashed by the media while Pop the defacto GM has not.

3. Spurs have no current face of the franchise since they have no superstar player. My point is a coach can never be the face of the franchise. Can you name me anytime in NBA history where the coach was the face of a franchise?

Prime BEEF
02-06-2020, 09:23 PM
1. Phil was forced out by the Bulls. Reinsdorf and Krause hated him. They let him know during the Bull last title run that he was not going to be brought back. Riley left once Jabbar retired.

2. I will say this both Phil and Riley have faced more severe criticism from the media than Pop has ever faced. Phil didn't get a pass in '94-'95 when the Bulls were struggling before MJ came out of retirement. They were a lot of people back then saying Phil was overrated and should be fired. Riley also faced serious criticism in Miami when the Heat got swept by the Hornets in '01 in the first round of playoffs. In '01 the media was saying Riley was old and washed up. Phil the GM in New York got trashed by the media while Pop the defacto GM has not.

3. Spurs have no current face of the franchise since they have no superstar player. My point is a coach can never be the face of the franchise. Can you name me anytime in NBA history where the coach was the face of a franchise?

I agree with you for the modern era. But in general red Auerbach

daslicer
02-06-2020, 09:27 PM
I agree with you for the modern era. But in general red Auerbach

I'm only in my 30's but from what I have learned is that Russell/Cousey was the face of those Celtic teams. It's even more obvious when Red quit and Russell became the first player/headcoach and won a title with that team. Red has even greater legacy in my eyes as a GM after he quit coaching. Rebuilding the Celtics as title contenders in the 70's and 80's.

weebo
02-06-2020, 09:46 PM
:lmao

JPB
02-06-2020, 10:03 PM
I don't think Pop will be texting Big Frank again anytime soon, lol.

This tbh. I'm not giving my Pin code to Franky the snitch

MultiTroll
02-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Explain earned.
:corn:

tholdren
02-06-2020, 10:38 PM
St is terrible. The spurs are an awful team defensively. There is one player who plays both ends of the floor on this team. Glad pop called out murray, tbh

Ozballer
02-06-2020, 11:11 PM
Big f** deal. Funny. Great sense of humour and self deprecation. Gives credit to Lillard, why not? + it is supposed to be a private convo...the idiot that disclosed it has no regard for him obviously.

Spur|n|Austin
02-06-2020, 11:15 PM
Frank's a fucking paper bitch - get a private text then tell reporters, pussy.

bic50
02-07-2020, 12:48 AM
Can’t believe there are people here acting like this is no big deal. Pops clearly lost that hunger. He needs to step aside and let someone else take over.

Prime BEEF
02-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Can’t believe there are people here acting like this is no big deal. Pops clearly lost that hunger. He needs to step aside and let someone else take over.
This team, the franchise and the fans are all f*cked until he leaves. All fans might as well take a long break from the nba until they are notified that he’s gone.

widowmaker
02-07-2020, 10:24 AM
This team, the franchise and the fans are all f*cked until he leaves. All fans might as well take a long break from the nba until they are notified that he’s gone.

Ok does that mean you are taking the lead on that taking a break from being a fan thing?

Prime BEEF
02-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Ok does that mean you are taking the lead on that taking a break from being a fan thing?
Yes, I’ve quit watching and attending the games. Check the box score for the results. Sorry, I’ll still be posting on ST

weeks
02-07-2020, 12:20 PM
It sucks but honestly, how can you blame pop for checking out on this shit sandwhich? his wife recently passed and he's coaching a team of scrubs led by some of the losingest 'stars' in league history with Aldridge, DeRozan and Gay...
Pop cant win with these cats

weeks
02-07-2020, 12:25 PM
People say pop was a product of timmy and yeah its true all great coaches are inevitably products of their great players. but the two of them were so close and timmy such a great character HOF that Pop tried harder back then, for timmy's sake.
now what the fuck does he have to try hard for..to help losers like Aldridge get a ring? Aldridge who requested a trade after making the WCF for the first time in his life, Aldridge who was on the fence between Kawhi-led Spurs and the fucking Suns...Aldridge, who didn't foul in the final seconds of a game 7 in the playoffs coz he was pouting?i dont think pop is gonna stay up at night trying to get these guys to the finals..
really hope it's his last year, for everyone's sake. But we all know it won't be.

palangi
02-07-2020, 12:27 PM
St is terrible. The spurs are an awful team defensively. There is one player who plays both ends of the floor on this team. Glad pop called out murray, tbh

Fuck that, pop has created this culture of none defense by starting Forbes and playing mills and belinelli consistently

palangi
02-07-2020, 12:29 PM
Yes, I’ve quit watching and attending the games. Check the box score for the results. Sorry, I’ll still be posting on ST

Im with you. I don't watch anymore. It is such a cluster fuck to watch this team. Even when we win it is hard to watch

widowmaker
02-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Ok so 3/4’s of what you post on here means that you dont know what you are talking about then. Got it ����.

UZER
02-07-2020, 12:46 PM
It sucks but honestly, how can you blame pop for checking out on this shit sandwhich? his wife recently passed and he's coaching a team of scrubs led by some of the losingest 'stars' in league history with Aldridge, DeRozan and Gay...

It’s his choice to keep coaching instead of walking for the “more important things” he’s always preaching about.

palangi
02-07-2020, 01:03 PM
Ok so 3/4’s of what you post on here means that you dont know what you are talking about then. Got it ����.

So going to the games and watching that bull shit makes you an expert?
Does going to McDonald's and watching their fry cook make a burger now make you a gourmet chef?

Dumbass!

widowmaker
02-07-2020, 01:18 PM
So going to the games and watching that bull shit makes you an expert?
Does going to McDonald's and watching their fry cook make a burger now make you a gourmet chef?

Dumbass!

Who said i go to the games?

DUMBASS!

Stay in your lane worm your analogy is garbage and doesn’t make sense. Go paint your nails or something and get the fuck out mah face.

Big P
02-07-2020, 01:20 PM

He's responsible for putting this team together....hes the president of basketball operations....he's got nobody but himself to blame...he should have kept his word and stepped away when TD and Manu retired...literally no big name FA wants to play for him...and I can't say that I blame them....his shtick is old and tired..he should have handed the team to Udoka and moved to the front office at the very least.

palangi
02-07-2020, 01:35 PM

DUMBASS!

Stay in your lane worm your analogy is garbage and doesn’t make sense. Go paint your nails or something and get the fuck out mah face.

Sure it does. You just don't want it to.

Dumbass!

Prime BEEF
02-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Yes. All hail widowmaker and his/her/it’s supreme basketball knowledge! lol

palangi
02-07-2020, 03:08 PM

DUMBASS!

Dumbass!

widowmaker
02-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Yes. All hail widowmaker and his/her/it’s supreme basketball knowledge! lol

I never said i had superior knowledge. You did thanks.

widowmaker
02-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Dumbass!

No it doesn’t. Goodbye.

DUMBASS!

RD2191
02-07-2020, 05:47 PM
Pop needs to get Tom Landryied tbh. It's time for him to gtfo. Should've kept his word and walked when Timmy retired.

DMC
02-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Wait, so there’s not more to life than basketball?

There was until his wife passed.

DMC
02-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Pop needs to get Tom Landryied tbh. It's time for him to gtfo. Should've kept his word and walked when Timmy retired.

Except Timmy is on the bench with him.

wildbill2u
02-07-2020, 09:52 PM

HADN'T THOUGHT about Brick in a long time. I guess he must be in the Portland area. I'm sure Pop considered this a private joke between him and an old retired player. Brick was a hard worker, but never a star or anything. Nice to see that Pop keeps in touch with players like Brick long after their usefulness to Pop and the Spurs is over.

weeks
02-07-2020, 11:20 PM
He's responsible for putting this team together....hes the president of basketball operations....he's got nobody but himself to blame...he should have kept his word and stepped away when TD and Manu retired...literally no big name FA wants to play for him...and I can't say that I blame them....his shtick is old and tired..he should have handed the team to Udoka and moved to the front office at the very least.

yes i agree with you and you're right, but still i get it...plenty of guys married to wives out there they dont wanna fuck :lol

palangi
02-08-2020, 02:33 AM
No it doesn’t. Goodbye.

DUMBASS!

Yep.... still does!

Dumbass!

widowmaker
02-08-2020, 10:21 AM
Yep.... still does!

Dumbass!

Never has

DUMBASS!

offset formation
02-08-2020, 01:31 PM
Pop has been pathetic for quite some time now.

is
@Tex_ombian one of us? Kudos for the comment.

Yes. He has been. Thx-

Was thinking that OKC's roster really isn't 8.5 or 9 games better than us. So what's the difference? Pop's absolute refusal to play less than shitty lineups (see Bryn starting damn near every fucking game).

palangi
02-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Never has

DUMBASS!

Wait a minute...... yep still does!

DUMBASS! HA HA

duncan2k5
02-08-2020, 02:32 PM

He put the team together, and refused to make changes...also doubled down on bad decisions...so yes ..blame Pop

widowmaker
02-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Wait a minute...... yep still does!

DUMBASS! HA HA

I dont need to wait.

DUMBASS!