PDA

View Full Version : The hidden worst part of Donald Trump's unhinged impeachment victory speech

Blake
02-07-2020, 12:32 AM
"....And on and on and on it went. Trump attacking opponents. Trump belittling members of his own party. Trump outright lying about what he has done (and hasn't) as President.

It was Trump on steroids. Trump unbound. Trump giving no, well, you know.

All of which was frankly incredible to watch. But the worst part of it all had nothing to do with Trump. Instead, it was the audience who egged him on, laughed at his jokes and applauded his appalling lack of human decency.

It felt like watching a bully beat up a helpless kid. Sure, the bully is to blame. But the crowd of people surrounding the beating and either cheering or doing nothing at all are far worse.

Trump is Trump. While he stepped beyond where has gone before in many respects during Thursday's "celebration," it hard to say that no one saw this coming.

But the complicity of those in attendance -- the most powerful people within the Republican Party -- is what was truly astounding. Yes, the Republican Party threw in its lot with Trump (and his forced takeover of it) long ago. But to sit by or even celebrate while Trump used the White House as a combination of a campaign venue, or a bathroom wall on which to write his darkest thoughts about those who oppose him, was beyond unforgivable.

Consider Sen. Mike Lee of Utah. After Trump suggested that Romney was faking his religiosity and its influence on his decision to convict and suggested -- with zero proof -- that Romney's polling numbers had flagged as a result, Lee stood up to accept Trump's congratulations. "We can say Mike Lee is by far the most popular senator from Utah," Trump said as Lee rose.

Seriously? Does Mike Lee actually believe that his Utah colleague was using religion as a "crutch" to justify a vote against Trump? And that the real reason Romney voted to convict on the abuse of power charge is because "things can happen when you fail so badly running for president?"

Does McConnell believe that? Does McCarthy think that Pelosi actually doesn't pray at all? Or that Democrats want to "destroy" our country? Or that the leadership of the FBI is "top scum?" Or that the investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election was "evil" and "corrupt?"

I can't believe that they do. And if they don't, then something far worse is at play here. They are willing to suspend their principles and beliefs and acquiesce to Trump's wild claims solely because it is good for their own personal politics. That taking a stand against Trump's absolute smashing of presidential norms isn't worth the political pain it might cause them.

That was the worst part of watching Trump on Thursday. That every single person in that room smiled and laughed and, uh, celebrated, as though what Trump was saying was even close to normal behavior. It wasn't. None of it....."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-senate-acquitted/index.html

hater
02-07-2020, 12:34 AM
he's a charlatan. Those guys are just there for their piece of the pie. that's all

do you really think they love him? :lmao

the populace does love this charlatan. these guys in that room are equivalent to the king's court. they will love the king until they hear, the king is dead, long live the new king...

SnakeBoy
02-07-2020, 01:57 AM
MSM shits out a narrative

Blake gets his spoon out

Blake
02-07-2020, 02:05 AM

Blake gets his spoon out

Which part sounds fake to you?

Spurtacular
02-07-2020, 02:31 AM

Blake gets his spoon out

It's not even much of a narrative. It's straight-up some snowflake cuck bawling his eyes out.

I'd say Blake should be embarrassed, but I mean he's not going lower than cuckold.

Thread
02-07-2020, 05:32 AM

Blake gets his spoon out

Tell it, Snake. Testify!!!

DMC
02-07-2020, 08:51 AM
It has some cringe-worthy moments however who would the kid be that's getting beaten up here by Trump? The Democrats launch the attack against Trump before he even made it down the escalator. It's pretty simple to be honest, vote him out of office if you can. You chickenshits are more interested in trying to legally maneuver to have him removed.

Maybe if the left wasn't so busy tripping over the own dicks they might have some leeway here.

The left has almost the entirety of the mainstream media on their side and have for the three years plus that Trump has been in the mix. They have the people in place to collude during the Democratic primaries as we saw with the Bernie Sanders debacle. They have Hollywood and all of the movie makers and night show hosts who carry the torch for the left constantly. You guys have no reason to bitch. You're just mostly incompetent.

If the right had what you have behind them there would not be another party.

Instead the right just depends on the voters.

thispego
02-07-2020, 09:23 AM

Blake gets his spoon out

:lol

boutons_deux
02-07-2020, 09:25 AM

and of course, SnakeThing, etc don't answer, EVER, when Trash's insane exaggerations and blatant LIES are exposed.

Just "the messenger and the message receiver suck (silence about the message)"

thispego
02-07-2020, 09:25 AM
“unhinged” :lol

Chucho
02-07-2020, 11:35 AM
and of course, SnakeThing, etc don't answer, EVER, when Trash's insane exaggerations and blatant LIES are exposed.

Just "the messenger and the message receiver suck (silence about the message)"

If it makes you feel better, for what it's worth, you suck too, Boutons.

Thread
02-07-2020, 12:06 PM
It has some cringe-worthy moments however who would the kid be that's getting beaten up here by Trump? The Democrats launch the attack against Trump before he even made it down the escalator. It's pretty simple to be honest, vote him out of office if you can. You chickenshits are more interested in trying to legally maneuver to have him removed.

Maybe if the left wasn't so busy tripping over the own dicks they might have some leeway here.

The left has almost the entirety of the mainstream media on their side and have for the three years plus that Trump has been in the mix. They have the people in place to collude during the Democratic primaries as we saw with the Bernie Sanders debacle. They have Hollywood and all of the movie makers and night show hosts who carry the torch for the left constantly. You guys have no reason to bitch. You're just mostly incompetent.

D M C

Blake
02-07-2020, 01:12 PM

What a fascinating narrative

ChumpDumper
02-07-2020, 01:27 PM
What a fascinating narrative"Biden supporter"

DMC
02-07-2020, 01:39 PM
"Biden supporter"

Neither of you actually disagreed with anything I said.

Many of you are unsure how to deal with someone who doesn't vote party line.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2020, 01:57 PM

Many of you are unsure how to deal with someone who doesn't vote party line.I disagree with what you said.

You don't know how to post without creating narratives out of whole cloth.

DMC
02-07-2020, 02:01 PM
I disagree with what you said.

You don't know how to post without creating narratives out of whole cloth.

Aren't you supposed to ask me questions and try to pin me into a narrative yourself? You're slipping.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2020, 02:04 PM
Aren't you supposed to ask me questions and try to pin me into a narrative yourself? You're slipping.You don't appear to be able to function without narratives. You can make up another one if it helps you.

Blake
02-07-2020, 02:16 PM

Many of you are unsure how to deal with someone who doesn't vote party line.

Oh hey more narrative

koriwhat
02-07-2020, 02:27 PM

TRUTH!!! :tu

koriwhat
02-07-2020, 02:28 PM
What a fascinating narrative

monosylab1k
02-07-2020, 02:30 PM
D M C

Trump impeached, not Obama.

Spurs Homer
02-07-2020, 02:35 PM

Defending
Muh
Criminal traitor

maybe if he stopped committing crimes and destroying the rule of law and shitting on usa democracy

”the left” would not be against him

two fucking years of complete Republican control and Paul Ryan refusing to denounce trumps fuckery -

but two years of lawlessness was not enough for this piece of shit- and his piece of shit supporter cult

as soon as the blue wave happened

dems began the work of the people

just think of the cleanup of crimes, unearthing of documents and other crimes and complicit criminals to be prosecuted once this criminal administration is voted out

only then will the american people finally see all the criminality that was committed and how brainwashed complicit garbage like you cheered it on

ChumpDumper
02-07-2020, 02:49 PM
DMC thinks Fox News and Sinclair are renegade independent guerrilla alt-media.:lol

spurraider21
02-07-2020, 02:58 PM
DMC thinks Fox News and Sinclair are renegade independent guerrilla alt-media.:lol
not to mention talk on the non-mainstream talk radio

btw most listened to radio programs in the US:

https://i.gyazo.com/947f6c71257a22c518dc8989c7a98f5f.png

DMC
02-07-2020, 03:04 PM
You don't appear to be able to function without narratives. You can make up another one if it helps you.

koriwhat
02-07-2020, 03:09 PM

CumDumpster is just like Ms Cleo; both think they're psychics but they're just retards with shit predictions.

DMC
02-07-2020, 03:09 PM

I don't listen to talk radio. Don't read Fox News nor do I watch it. Next narrative please.

Spurminator
02-07-2020, 03:13 PM
The left has almost the entirety of the mainstream media on their side and have for the three years plus that Trump has been in the mix.

I don't listen to talk radio. Don't read Fox News nor do I watch it. Next narrative please.

:lol "These things aren't mainstream because I don't consume them."

Blake
02-07-2020, 03:19 PM

Lol "paranormal talk" coming in at #9.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2020, 03:21 PM
I don't listen to talk radio. Don't read Fox News nor do I watch it. Next narrative please.:rollin

Are you sundowning or something?

Serious question. You completely misunderstood very clear posts. It really happened.

monosylab1k
02-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Blake
02-07-2020, 03:24 PM