PDA

View Full Version : who is still watching games here?

Genovaswitness
02-10-2020, 11:13 PM
I feel like I should get reimbursed the electricity spent watching this fucking joke of a team

Dancelot
02-10-2020, 11:19 PM
What a fucking meltdown. Lol

Arcadian
02-10-2020, 11:21 PM
Idk, it's kinda fun to see how they find a way to lose now

Floyd Pacquiao
02-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Not really just got back from the gym and turned it on at the start of the 3rd. As long as Pop is starting forms and closing with Belinelli I'm not supporting that shit. It's disgraceful for a once proud organization to pay those losers to play for their team

UZER
02-10-2020, 11:31 PM
At this point I’m only watching the 4th quarters because I hate watching Forbes start every game. And I watch them in about 5 minutes blowing through the dvr.

Im a diehard who used to watch every game not that long ago (not this season). Pop has made me check out mentally. I can only imagine how the players feel.

Harry Callahan
02-10-2020, 11:35 PM
Coach Pop is becoming the NBA coaching version of Hunter Biden. Getting paid handsomely for very little production. Amirite ?

Gibbz
02-10-2020, 11:36 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I tapped out after the Clippers game.

Atl Spur
02-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Coach Pop is becoming the NBA coaching version of Hunter Biden. Getting paid handsomely for very little production. Amirite ?

Dude.......Hunter Biden? SMH

MultiTroll
02-10-2020, 11:40 PM
You guys ever consider wagering?

Most nights a parlay of CIA Pop loss + with whom he puts on the floor for defense, both teams combining to get the Over is golden $$.

Harry Callahan
02-10-2020, 11:43 PM
Dude.......Hunter Biden? SMH

You can't honestly say Pop is earning that $7-8MM per year? No way. I'm just trying to throw in a dash of hyperbole wrapped in truth. I don't really care if my comment offends some one at this point. This season has been a waste of time and effort for this franchise.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2020, 11:46 PM
I'm far removed from actually caring about the results(I don't like anybody on the team other than Patty), but I would watch more of the Spurs if they were actually fun to watch, just as an NBA fan who generally watches most of the teams. They just aren't entertaining in any way, it's like watching the Pistons or the Hornets or Cavs.

UZER
02-10-2020, 11:53 PM
I'm far removed from actually caring about the results(I don't like anybody on the team other than Patty), but I would watch more of the Spurs if they were actually fun to watch, just as an NBA fan who generally watches most of the teams. They just aren't entertaining in any way, it's like watching the Pistons or the Hornets or Cavs.

Pop has sucked the fun out of this team in more ways than one. It’s sucked the life out of the fans too. Even when they win these days, it’s still more fun watching paint dry.

spurraider21
02-10-2020, 11:54 PM
this season easily marks the least spurs games i've watched since online streaming became a thing

Harry Callahan
02-10-2020, 11:56 PM

I have been skipping entire games this year for the first time since I signed up for NBALP. It's a cheap way to follow the team, but there is literally ZERO payoff for this clown show. It's sickening the lack of coaching and simple effort.

I would rather watch guys like Keldon Johnson go out there and give maximum effort. There are a few other guys that might follow his lead. The "Top" players on this team are too inconsistent, mistake prone, and unclutch the VAST majority of the time.

Let's clean the slate and show up with a group that plays like junkyard dogs regardless of the situation. That is just the beginning of righting this listless ship. New players and more importantly new coaches have to come in here. Pop is SO DONE now. Thanks for the memories Pop, but you are just cashin' checks now and everybody sees it.

Darius Bieber
02-10-2020, 11:56 PM
Really hope the AT&T Center will be empty when the Spurs come back. Gotta do something as fans that’s tangible with our complete dismay of this shitty excuse for an NBA roster.

sasaint
02-10-2020, 11:58 PM
Remodeling the house right now, with 2 TVs set up to watch. I usually have some of the Spurs game on the muted TV while I watch something compelling like "Heidi" on the TV with the audio.

Arcadian
02-11-2020, 12:01 AM

You dont like Derrick White? He's my "only guy I like on the team" guy, personally.

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:02 AM
Really hope the AT&T Center will be empty when the Spurs come back. Gotta do something as fans that’s tangible with our complete dismay of this shitty excuse for an NBA roster.

The fan base needs to show the Ownership group that mediocre play and mediocre coaching is completely unacceptable.

Last year I was impressed by the overall effort of the team and thought the team would be able build on and improve the level of play beyond what they showed in the playoffs against Denver. Well, I guess I was terribly wrong on that one.

spurs10
02-11-2020, 12:03 AM
Well it is hard to expect people to pay $300 to watch us get torched unless they are the other team. They need to just stay behind and then try to win the 4th quarter. The winning 3 1/2 quarters isn't working out.

MultiTroll
02-11-2020, 12:04 AM
From an entertainment POV, we just couldn't sign Boban, a huge crowd pleaser. But can sign some of the the LOLs on this roster for so much more $$$.

Darius Bieber
02-11-2020, 12:04 AM
The fan base needs to show the Ownership group that mediocre play and mediocre coaching is completely unacceptable.

Last year I was impressed by the overall effort of the team and thought the team would be able build on and improve the level of play beyond what they showed in the playoffs against Denver. Well, I guess I was terribly wrong on that one.

Spurs are still charging outrageous ticket prices for this shitty basketball. Clippers tickets are, on average, way less expensive yet for a way better product on the court.

slick'81
02-11-2020, 12:05 AM
Idk, it's kinda fun to see how they find a way to lose now

If youve seen one spurs loss this season ,then youve seen em all tbh

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:06 AM
As far as players I like - Patty Mills - he is an exception about giving his all just about every night. I like Derrick White - he can be very effective when he plays with confidence. Jakob Pertl brings his lunch bucket to work most of the time. Lonnie Walker can become something good as he gains experience. He is essentially a rookie. AFter that, the draft picks over the last two years need to play IN the NBA as soon as possible. Hopefully the RRT ends with an 0-8 record now so the franchise can turn the page.

BatManu20
02-11-2020, 12:06 AM
this season easily marks the least spurs games i've watched since online streaming became a thing

Same. And it’s not close.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2020, 12:09 AM
You dont like Derrick White? He's my "only guy I like on the team" guy, personally.

I don't dislike him, but his constant fear of being aggressive is weak. I'm sure some of that is Pop, though.

I like Poetl, too, actually.

I'm not a big fan of the young guys on the team, but the Spurs would be far more fun to watch if they freed them up. Who the hell wants to watch boring-ass Aldridge and the corpse of Belinelli?

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:09 AM
Spurs are still charging outrageous ticket prices for this shitty basketball. Clippers tickets are, on average, way less expensive yet for a way better product on the court.

LA is a horrible sports town and the Clippers are still a second class citizen in its own city. That's just the way it is right now. That may change for a short while, but they will revert to what they (the Clippers) have been for so long after their big time stars break down. That is in the very near future BTW.

As for the Spurs, they will not be able to gouge the SA fan base for very long. I think a lot of people are already staying away and not showing up for games.

Duncan87
02-11-2020, 12:21 AM
Poser ass thread lock this shit away. Fair weather ass fans

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:25 AM

Do you see anything resembling a plan for the future here? I don't think so. And you are NOT talking about me. You have no idea about my situation.

FkLA
02-11-2020, 12:41 AM
I missed the SAC game. Probably wouldn't have watched today either until I saw Lonnie was starting.

I quit for the season after today though. Only way I watch another game this season is if Brent suffers a season ending injury or if Pop miraculously benches him for good. Not holding my breath for either.

Duncan87
02-11-2020, 12:42 AM
Gonna laugh my ass off if they become the Las Vegas Spurs and y’all posing ass fair weather fans are deciding between the Rockets or the Mavs

Duncan87
02-11-2020, 12:43 AM
You cheered them when they were chipping!!!!!!!! Cmon bandwagon ass

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:43 AM
It seems like ten years ago that this was a legit contender, but it was actually only three. Nephew gets "hurt" or actually hurt and it goes downhill from there.

TimmyBuckets
02-11-2020, 12:44 AM
If they get closer to the 8th seed, I'll start watching again.

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:46 AM

Hi troll or alt. 380 posts in seven years. Why should you care what we post here anyway? You obviously don't bother to show up in here much. Go take a nap.

timtonymanu
02-11-2020, 12:46 AM

It's one thing to be a bad team, but do you honestly think the effort the guys and Pop show on a nightly basis is acceptable for fans? Why should the fans stay invested when their own team looks like they could care less? Get out of here with the high and mighty bullshit.

FkLA
02-11-2020, 12:49 AM

I wouldn't give a shit about losing if the young guys were getting run. At least we'd get to see glimpses of their potential.

Fuck watching Brent Forms and Marco Shitinelli though. Sitting through Pop's favoritism towards his pets doesn't make you a "true fan", bruh.

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't give a shit about losing if the young guys were getting run. At least we'd get to see glimpses of their potential.

Fuck watching Brent Forms and Marco Shitinelli though. Sitting through Pop's favoritism towards his pets doesn't make you a "true fan", bruh.

Being AWOL for seven years gives someone nary a leg to stand on.

Genovaswitness
02-11-2020, 01:01 AM
From an entertainment POV, we just couldn't sign Boban, a huge crowd pleaser. But can sign some of the the LOLs on this roster for so much more $$$.

remember when boban couldn’t get minutes over David west when poop ended timmy’s career playing the turd towers against the thunder

Genovaswitness
02-11-2020, 01:03 AM

sniff sniff sniff sniff. there’s a max Derozan somewhere in there

Roscoe P. Coltrane
02-11-2020, 01:06 AM
I'm gonna be honest, I tapped out after the Clippers game.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-11-2020, 01:07 AM
le sigh

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2020, 01:07 AM
As far as players I like - Patty Mills - he is an exception about giving his all just about every night. I like Derrick White - he can be very effective when he plays with confidence. Jakob Pertl brings his lunch bucket to work most of the time. Lonnie Walker can become something good as he gains experience. He is essentially a rookie. AFter that, the draft picks over the last two years need to play IN the NBA as soon as possible. Hopefully the RRT ends with an 0-8 record now so the franchise can turn the page.

u serious about this pos? refs aint buying his shit anymore putting his body on the line to draw fouls, let alone resting his head on players and flopping like a bitch not getting any calls...the refs and league has seen through him and exposing him...

RC_Drunkford
02-11-2020, 01:10 AM
people here still watch games? :lmao

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 01:11 AM
u serious about this pos? refs aint buying his shit anymore putting his body on the line to draw fouls, let alone resting his head on players and flopping like a bitch not getting any calls...the refs and league has seen through him and exposing him...

Mills has a role in the RIGHT situation. He used to have that situation in SA and has been pretty good this year most of the time. There are so many holes on this roster right now, an improved Mills from last year is meaningless record wise. I think he gives greater effort more consistently than most of the other players on the roster.

tim_duncan_fan
02-11-2020, 01:29 AM
Patty is pretty much the only likable player. Derrick White is too scared to be great and is therefore extremely frustrating and annoying.

The other two young guards are similarly timid.

I missed the SAC game. Probably wouldn't have watched today either until I saw Lonnie was starting.

I quit for the season after today though. Only way I watch another game this season is if Brent suffers a season ending injury or if Pop miraculously benches him for good. Not holding my breath for either.

Why wish harm on Barry? Lol

gospursgojas
02-11-2020, 02:31 AM
I kept watching during 20-62. Why wouldn’t I keep watching now?

20 years of being in the mix produces some spoiled ass fans.

gospursgojas
02-11-2020, 02:31 AM
I kept watching during 20-62. Why wouldn’t I keep watching now?

20 years of being in the mix produces some spoiled ass fans.

tbdog
02-11-2020, 02:40 AM
Worst Spurst team since 96. Lakers back on top. Its a shit time to be alive.

Strategic
02-11-2020, 02:48 AM
As often as possible.

phxspurfan
02-11-2020, 02:48 AM

:lol

Fireball
02-11-2020, 03:39 AM
I do ...

gambit1990
02-11-2020, 03:53 AM
i stopped watching before last season even started and was 100% right to.

i hated demar before the spurs traded for him, and said the spurs would be irrelevant for years to come after they acquired him. people like timvp and dpg thought demar with the spurs might actually lead to something :lmao

even this past summer, i mentioned the spurs should move demar for cp3 or westbrook... and those two bozos laughed it off :lol

meanwhile, cp3 is leading the league in clutch time points by a mile and westbrook is the MVP of the rockets. both will be in POs while demar is the leader of a .415 team :lol

SayTown
02-11-2020, 04:10 AM
Other than the start of the game, whenever Brent is in the game I switch the channel then I will switch back if I even remember too. It's not so much that he isn't very good than more so that there are better options not getting enough minutes or rotting on the bench that irks me. During the Charlotte game he got benched and White and Murray played extended minutes together and came back and helped win the game, that should of been a turning point but the senile seemingly just wrote it off. Pop most likely won't go with Murray and White this season because if they had even a small amount of success then it would look bad on Pop and crater face needs to save face somehow.

Spurtacular
02-11-2020, 04:49 AM
When it was Duncan/Manu/Kawhi and even great role players like Boris and Golden God it was must-watch TV for me. I think I missed only a couple games in a few years. I still try to watch enough. It's became more painful to watch, not because of the results but because of the wasted talent.

Down Under
02-11-2020, 05:15 AM
They're tanking, there's no doubt about it. Running LMA with 3 weak defenders late in the third for the 2nd time in a handful of games, they're absolutely doing it.

Bender
02-11-2020, 05:16 AM
I usually watch the first half of the games. Like others, I watched almost every game in the past, but now I usually find something else to do when halftime arrives

DavidTheGoliath
02-11-2020, 07:24 AM
Cant even watch highlights on yt

spurs50_
02-11-2020, 07:54 AM
I'm in tank mode......if I watch, I'll end up rooting for my boys.....almost there, 29 more to go..

SAGirl
02-11-2020, 09:02 AM
This team does not inspire. I didn't want DeRozan either, but watching the development of Spurs youngins kept me interested enough to occasionally tune in. I live in the east and so its only the rare nationally televised game that I would have a chance to watch anyways. I don't do streams anymore and I don't pay for LP (I did in the past to watch the Spurs.. Timmy's last season was the last time I paid for LP).

LaMarcus Bryant
02-11-2020, 09:15 AM
At least tank for a good pick lmao we're gonna end up with the modern day fag ball equivalent of Shareef Abdur Raheem

look_at_g_shred
02-11-2020, 09:42 AM
I'm in tank mode......if I watch, I'll end up rooting for my boys.....almost there, 29 more to go..

TimDunkem
02-11-2020, 09:45 AM

They have to make money somehow.

TimDunkem
02-11-2020, 09:46 AM
At least tank for a good pick lmao we're gonna end up with the modern day fag ball equivalent of Shareef Abdur Raheem

We already do. His name is Lonnie Walker.

paperboy77
02-11-2020, 09:53 AM
:depressedMe

Harry Callahan
02-11-2020, 09:56 AM
I'm so used to seeing competence and execution and this "collection" of players cannot put together anything resembling quality basketball. The Spurs have played maybe 2 or 3 solid basketball games the entire SEASON. If I recall, SA lost ONE home game three years ago (to Golden State team with a ginned up roster built on tampering and collusion). It's hard to watch. I'll keep watching I suppose, but the feeling of being invested in this current group is gone.

The Spurs have rarely given the fan base a truly bad product. Unfortunately, we are in one of those rare times. It will take a Herculean effort to right this ship in the next 2-3 years. I'm not sure the current FO as it is constituted is capable of turning this thing around.

Genovaswitness
02-11-2020, 10:28 AM
I'm so used to seeing competence and execution and this "collection" of players cannot put together anything resembling quality basketball. The Spurs have played maybe 2 or 3 solid basketball games the entire SEASON. If I recall, SA lost ONE home game three years ago (to Golden State team with a ginned up roster built on tampering and collusion). It's hard to watch. I'll keep watching I suppose, but the feeling of being invested in this current group is gone.

The Spurs have rarely given the fan base a truly bad product. Unfortunately, we are in one of those rare times. It will take a Herculean effort to right this ship in the next 2-3 years. I'm not sure the current FO as it is constituted is capable of turning this thing around.

it starts with our “there are bigger things than basketball” coach and two career loser “best” players. how could anybody wanna team up with these jokes

UZER
02-11-2020, 11:57 AM
I had a chance to go to the Portland game where Pop was ejected. The tickets were free, about 4 rows up from the floor, almost mid court. I turned them down.

This team doesn’t bring any entertainment value. Pop has always liked the team to be as bland and under the radar as possible. He hates the NBA media and always wants to keep them out, and all the players talk like robots. He tried his very damndest to handcuff Manu (a modern poor mans pistol Pete) but Manu wouldn’t let him.

This current team is his baby all the way around. He is responsible for every bit of it, even they unwatchable aspect. Winning cures all, but not winning at least requires entertainment value to keep fans engaged, or a youth movement fans can get behind. The Spurs are doing neither.

Fans aren’t watching or going to the games because Pop has sucked the life out of the franchise. Has he earned that right with the success? Probably. But I don’t have to watch it.

Prose
02-11-2020, 11:57 AM
Been watching since the late 90s and for the first time ever I have stopped watching and now only watch the highlights :( Not bc we are losing. I understand that will happen. But out of frustration of Frustration of the construction of the team, so hard to watch. I would watch if we went the hornets route and just benched the vets for the young players just out of intrigue for the future but this team we run out is like purgatory. The only time I watch is if I am interested in the opponents.

Prime BEEF
02-11-2020, 12:31 PM
Been watching since the late 80s. Quit watching sometime in January and now just check the box score and catch the highlights.

spurraider21
02-11-2020, 12:42 PM
its not worth watching if i know forbes and marco are going to get 40 minutes

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2020, 12:54 PM
The repeated 4th quarter meltdowns and Pop's insistence on playing Mills, Bryn and Belli make it hard to watch. I've tried, in frustration, multiple times. But yeah, lately I've moved on to something else early in the second half. At least if we had the young guys out there we could be cheering on the future. The ship is sinking and Patty, Bryn and Marco are running around punching holes in the hull. Not "must watch TV" by any means.

Lame.

Gibbz
02-11-2020, 01:24 PM
westbrook is the MVP of the rockets

Worst take since my homeboy said UCONN's women could hang with the 12-70 Nets.

rjv
02-11-2020, 01:29 PM
fair weather thread. of course, i still watch.

hater
02-11-2020, 01:36 PM

at least Kobe is dead

DAF86
02-11-2020, 01:59 PM
I haven't been able to see many games this season. For some reason Directv stopped broadcasting NBA TV so I have no other choice than to watch internationally televised games, and needless to say the Spurs didn't have many of those this season.

Thomas82
02-11-2020, 02:44 PM
I've been a die hard fan since the 1988-89 season, but I stopped watching at the beginning of last season. I just check the box scores after every game. The team as currently constructed is just unwatchable.

hater
02-11-2020, 02:56 PM
I've been a die hard fan since the 1988-89 season, but I stopped watching at the beginning of last season. I just check the box scores after every game. The team as currently constructed is just unwatchable.

disagree. this team is fun to watch.

but their regular 4th quarter meltdowns are unwatchable. Sadly NBA league pass keeps renewing my membership automatically even after I cancel it every season. But I think I've had enough. I cannot watch this, it's not healthy

FkLA
02-11-2020, 03:07 PM
i stopped watching before last season even started and was 100% right to.

i hated demar before the spurs traded for him, and said the spurs would be irrelevant for years to come after they acquired him. people like timvp and dpg thought demar with the spurs might actually lead to something :lmao

even this past summer, i mentioned the spurs should move demar for cp3 or westbrook... and those two bozos laughed it off :lol

meanwhile, cp3 is leading the league in clutch time points by a mile and westbrook is the MVP of the rockets. both will be in POs while demar is the leader of a .415 team :lol

Has nothing to do with DeMar. I mean sure, replacing Nephew with DeMar dropped the Spurs out of elite status but it's not what made the team the joke it is today.

The real reason is Pop abandoned defense. Guys like Green, Fathead, and even Simmons were replaced by Brent and Marco. Wombat became his closer and he gave away a redheaded 6-11 Klay Thompson too. He's an old fool who thinks adapting to today's NBA means he has to play three Wombats (3 and no D guys) instead of one. Apparently he isn't aware of the fact that there's shooters out there that also play D.

TDomination
02-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Has nothing to do with DeMar. I mean sure, replacing Nephew with DeMar dropped the Spurs out of elite status but it's not what made the team the joke it is today.

The real reason is Pop abandoned defense. Guys like Green, Fathead, and even Simmons were replaced by Brent and Marco. Wombat became his closer and he gave away a redheaded 6-11 Klay Thompson too. He's an old fool who thinks adapting to today's NBA means he has to play three Wombats (3 and no D guys) instead of one. Apparently he isn't aware of the fact that there's shooters out there that also play D.

Giving away Danny Green was the stupidest thing they could have done. We were going to lose our best defender in Kawhi and the spurs just said "here you go, you can have our 2nd best defender as well while we're at it. We have Forbes, we'll be okay." just plain stupid.

RC_Drunkford
02-11-2020, 09:28 PM

Giving away Danny Green was the stupidest thing they could have done. We were going to lose our best defender in Kawhi and the spurs just said "here you go, you can have our 2nd best defender as well while we're at it. We have Forbes, we'll be okay." just plain stupid.

plenty of high IQ takes here :bobo

RD2191
02-11-2020, 09:51 PM
I think I've watched maybe 2 games all season. I don't mind losing, but fuck losing because Pop refuses to make the obvious adjustments to at least stay competitive. Fuck that shit.

timtonymanu
02-11-2020, 09:58 PM

I remember during Danny Green’s last year as a Spur when so many sniffers were saying he looks done, only for everyone else to play like shit in the system once nephew was gone.

ismael-robert
02-11-2020, 11:28 PM
You know this team is kind of what you spurstalkers asked for...get green out hes icy hot, get fathead out he sucks, get bertans out hes inconsistent n cant play d...so everyone blaming patfo but a lot of this is what yall asked for

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-11-2020, 11:35 PM
WE’RE BACK SNIFF SNIFF

hombre
02-12-2020, 12:40 AM
I watch off and on. Most of the games have been tight, but they just have fallen short. The recent weeks have been hard to stomach.

If Pop would have loosened up and prioritized playing the best defenders, bringing Bellini and Forbes in for needed bursts like gunners, and keep Aldridge and DeRozan's minutes low down the stretch, this team might have been the 4th seed and having fun. Pop squeezes the life out of the team, you think he'd have more fun on the way out.

superbigtime
02-12-2020, 12:43 AM
I have better ways to waste time!

Spurtacular
02-12-2020, 01:48 AM
its not worth watching if i know forbes and marco are going to get 40 minutes

It's the 4th quarter minutes killing me with Forbes. Some here think Spurs are doing a soft tank. I dunno.

Obi Juan Kenobi
02-16-2020, 04:29 AM
Like many of us here, I used to watch every Spurs game of the season and it would be the cant miss event of my day...

Nowadays, I still watch the games when I can. But because of the losing, it hasn’t really made me not want to watch the games because I still do watch them when I remember. But that’s the key point...when I remember...

There have been numerous times this season where I’ll get an alert on my phone with the Spurs final score and I’ll be like, “Oh, the Spurs were playing tonight?” I guess you could say the losing has made me more apathetic to the team...

dbestpro
02-16-2020, 08:55 AM

This is me too, except my first game was in 1978. I use to have season tickets and was there for game 7 against Detroit. Don't like stupid ball much. They way the rules are today invites stupid ball. I use to know the stats on all the players and who played on every team. I would watch any NBA game. Now, its like being use to watching a chess match but all there is to see is checkers.

Thomas82
02-16-2020, 09:47 AM
This is me too, except my first game was in 1978. I use to have season tickets and was there for game 7 against Detroit. Don't like stupid ball much. They way the rules are today invites stupid ball. I use to know the stats on all the players and who played on every team. I would watch any NBA game. Now, its like being use to watching a chess match but all there is to see is checkers.

Except for your first 2 sentences, this is my exact state of mind.

spurs10
02-16-2020, 02:25 PM
I haven't been able to see many games this season. For some reason Directv stopped broadcasting NBA TV so I have no other choice than to watch internationally televised games, and needless to say the Spurs didn't have many of those this season. Most all the games are broadcasted on Directv on Fox Sports Southwest FSSW on channel 676-1. Might need an extra sports package beyond basic cable.

K...
02-16-2020, 02:59 PM
I haven't been able to see many games this season. For some reason Directv stopped broadcasting NBA TV so I have no other choice than to watch internationally televised games, and needless to say the Spurs didn't have many of those this season.

I can't be mad at fox for removing fox sw when it kept me from watching the Spurs in a down year, but I also lost fs2, and briefly fs1. It's all greedy licensing.

The difference this year is that there's no hall of fame talent to root for. Even when d-rob didn't have talent it was still good to watch him, Ice, or Kawhi. Both LMA and DeRozan are mercinary seconds class stars whose best years are behind them. This team can't get better by surrounding them with talent.

The young talent is meh, but the team isn't marketing them as the face of the league. If they did, it'd be a bit more compelling,

Basketball is a team sport but the NBA is a star driven reality show, the Spurs are poor in a team building and star power. They're going to lose more games this year, and likely next year. As soon as they bottom out, they'll be worth watching.

sasaint
02-16-2020, 03:03 PM

Yep, exactly. It is often said (mostly, it seems by apologists of stupid ball) that fans pay to see players play not to see coaches coach. Perhaps I am just in the minority. When I was first introduced to basketball as a kid, I was just as captivated by the strategic elements of the sport as I was the athletic elements. In effect, I was as interested in watching coaches coach as I was in watching players play. Basketball based on spreading the floor for a drive and kick, and 3-point chucking have really minimized the modern playbook.

sasaint
02-16-2020, 03:06 PM
I can't be mad at fox for removing fox sw when it kept me from watching the Spurs in a down year, but I also lost fs2, and briefly fs1. It's all greedy licensing.

The difference this year is that there's no hall of fame talent to root for. Even when d-rob didn't have talent it was still good to watch him, Ice, or Kawhi. Both LMA and DeRozan are mercinary seconds class stars whose best years are behind them. This team can't get better by surrounding them with talent.

The young talent is meh, but the team isn't marketing them as the face of the league. If they did, it'd be a bit more compelling,

Basketball is a team sport but the NBA is a star driven reality show, the Spurs are poor in a team building and star power. They're going to lose more games this year, and likely next year. As soon as they bottom out, they may be worth watching.

Exactly right, except where I made a small fix.

TXstbobcat
02-16-2020, 03:15 PM
I have watched all of the spurs games so far this season but sadly I have only been to 6 spurs home games so far. It sounds bad but it’s hard to justify spending money on tickets to watch this team play in person.

tholdren
02-16-2020, 03:47 PM

Same. NBA catered to casual fans. No integrity in the game. Scumbag players with no fundamentals. It is AAU or rec league at best. Players literally get signed due to ig accounts.