PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Shift in Race: Bernie Officially Our Frontrunner, for the First Time

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Millennial_Messiah
02-11-2020, 04:24 PM
WOW!!! :lobt2::smokin

https://i.imgur.com/Mmc1dxa.jpg

baseline bum
02-11-2020, 04:25 PM
Biden already cancelling his event in NH tonight. :lol

Millennial_Messiah
02-11-2020, 04:29 PM
Warren down to 4th. #KeepThatBitchDown

SnakeBoy
02-11-2020, 04:32 PM

He left the state :lol

florige
02-11-2020, 04:33 PM

Bernie is impressing me because he seems to be campaigning hard like Trump was/is. Whoever is running his campaign is doing a good job.

hater
02-11-2020, 04:34 PM
and thats with entire media establishment saying Bernie is worse than cancer :lol

phxspurfan
02-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Bernie is impressing me because he seems to be campaigning hard like Trump was/is. Whoever is running his campaign is doing a good job.

They certainly have the experience, from being in the trenches 4 years ago.

He will pick Warren as a running mate.

Proxy
02-11-2020, 04:42 PM
similar to trump in being anti establishment and pulling working class voters out. The similarities end there

SnakeBoy
02-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Looking forward to the brokered convention.

SnakeBoy
02-11-2020, 04:51 PM
Conservative's dream is Hillary as the compromise candidate :lol

spurraider21
02-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Conservative's dream is Hillary
we've noticed

Millennial_Messiah
02-12-2020, 12:19 AM
They certainly have the experience, from being in the trenches 4 years ago.

He will pick Warren as a running mate.
Too old. Maybe amy or Tulsi. Tulsi would be awesome

Spurtacular
02-12-2020, 12:21 AM
similar to trump in being anti establishment and pulling working class voters out. The similarities end there

Yea, Bernie's a beta; Trump's an alpha.

Will Hunting
02-12-2020, 12:21 AM
Too old. Maybe amy or Tulsi. Tulsi would be awesome
I wouldn’t sleep on Steyer. Last debate Steyer was pushing hard for a Bernie cabinet seat.

Millennial_Messiah
02-12-2020, 12:27 AM
I wouldn’t sleep on Steyer. Last debate Steyer was pushing hard for a Bernie cabinet seat.

wouldn't sleep on anybody, but a lot of people think he's best off picking a woman VPC so I was just rolling with that avenue.

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:28 AM
Bernie will make a good concession speech.

spurraider21
02-12-2020, 12:29 AM
Cabinet maybe. But no chance Bernie is going to campaign with a billionaire VP

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:30 AM
we've noticed

It's funny how salty the left gets about Hillary. You guys are the ones that fucked Bernie over in favor of her. Y'all married the bitch, don't act like someone is forcing her on you.

Millennial_Messiah
02-12-2020, 12:30 AM
Cabinet maybe. But no chance Bernie is going to campaign with a billionaire VP

Imagine Bloomberg as Bernie's VP running mate. Lol

spurraider21
02-12-2020, 12:32 AM
It's funny how salty the left gets about Hillary. You guys are the ones that fucked Bernie over in favor of her. Y'all married the bitch, don't act like someone is forcing her on you.
when in doubt, broad strokes comments about "the left"

Reck
02-12-2020, 12:33 AM
Yea, Bernie's a beta; Trump's an alpha.

Why anyone would call another dude an alpha is beyond me. Your lack of self eesteem and confidence is duly noted. :lol derp

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:35 AM
when in doubt, broad strokes comments about "the left"

"We noticed"

It's funny, you're a "we" when you have something snarky to say but when the fingers pointed at that group you try to distance yourself from it and cry broad brush.

And I'm not in doubt.

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:39 AM
Why anyone would call another dude an alpha is beyond me. Your lack of self eesteem and confidence is duly noted. :lol derp

It's completely common for a man to call another man an Alpha. It happens all the time. In fact when you see a group of Alphas they will acknowledge that most of the people in the group are alpha mentality. Which means they all compete for first place. When you look at the starting lineup of the All-Star Game most of those people are alphas. A SEAL team is made up of Alphas So I have no idea what you're talking about about here and I don't think you do either.

Plus the guy's the president of the United States, how much more Alpha do you want him to be?

Proxy
02-12-2020, 12:44 AM
It's completely common for a man to call another man an Alpha. It happens all the time. In fact when you see a group of Alphas they will acknowledge that most of the people in the group are alpha mentality. Which means they all compete for first place. When you look at the starting lineup of the All-Star Game most of those people are alphas. A SEAL team is made up of Alphas So I have no idea what you're talking about about here and I don't think you do either.

Plus the guy's the president of the United States, how much more Alpha do you want him to be?

sounds like an insecurity to care enough to make a post like this tbh

hater
02-12-2020, 12:50 AM

only a beta could write this post

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:54 AM
sounds like an insecurity to care enough to make a post like this tbh

You sound like someone who knows what insecurity is.

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:56 AM
only a beta could write this post

You fuckers are proving my point. If you can identify a beta you can identify an alpha. If you think everyone but you is a beta then what does it matter if you call someone else a beta?

But you need to hustle up and post an update on that crashed F-35 you reported. Chop chop

hater
02-12-2020, 12:57 AM
after tonight Bernie owns more black ppl than George Washington

we going all the way nigas :tu

https://twitter.com/aciiive/status/1227466626221690881?s=21

hater
02-12-2020, 12:58 AM
You fuckers are proving my point. If you can identify a beta you can identify an alpha. If you think everyone but you is a beta then what does it matter if you call someone else a beta?

But you need to hustle up and post an update on that crashed F-35 you reported. Chop chop

all I know is you just outed yourself as a beta is with that post ma niga

thats all

DMC
02-12-2020, 12:58 AM
after tonight Bernie owns more black ppl than George Washington

we going all the way nigas :tu

https://twitter.com/aciiive/status/1227466626221690881?s=21

Damn faggot you can't make up your mind who dick you want to suck the most

hater
02-12-2020, 12:59 AM
Damn faggot you can't make up your mind who dick you want to suck the most

another beta post

tbqh

hater
02-12-2020, 01:11 AM
:lmao Bezos ComPost

:lmao MSM on meltdown mode

https://twitter.com/kvltvonnegut/status/1227463299568152582?s=21

hater
02-12-2020, 01:14 AM
https://twitter.com/greggoblox/status/1227467420086001664?s=21

hater
02-12-2020, 01:28 AM
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1227440624586149892?s=21

Spurtacular

:lmao Tranny mad that the leader of the free world is an alpha. :lmao

Reck
https://twitter.com/greggoblox/status/1227467420086001664?s=21

While funny, Sanders is lucky there are like 4 centrists in this race. He lost Iowa and nearly choked this one too. Pete and Amy accounts for near 50% of the vote.

spurraider21
02-12-2020, 04:22 AM
"We noticed"

It's funny, you're a "we" when you have something snarky to say but when the fingers pointed at that group you try to distance yourself from it and cry broad brush.

And I'm not in doubt.
“We” was on behalf of ST

how would “the left” know anything about snakeboy :lol

CosmicCowboy
02-12-2020, 06:23 AM
Title of thread is a little misleading. Bernie barely beat Buddy and Buddie still has more delegates. Finishing only 5% behind Bernie in NH made klobuchar relevant.

benefactor
02-12-2020, 06:33 AM
:lol Trump an alpha
:lol fragile ego
:lol too stupid to see people are laughing at him

CosmicCowboy
02-12-2020, 06:35 AM
:lol Trump an alpha
:lol fragile ego
:lol too stupid to see people are laughing at him

It is quite common to have stupid alphas.

benefactor
02-12-2020, 06:45 AM
Agreed, but alpha males who are flaky know people make fun of them. They just don't give a fuck. Trump is both too thin skinned to take criticism and not self aware enough to see half the country is pointing and laughing at him. He's a fake alpha.

Th'Pusher
02-12-2020, 07:19 AM

Wait, so you think it was “the left” that fucked Bernie in favor of Hillary? Is it “the left” that is now pushing Bloomberg over Bernie?

Painting with such a broad brush and your binary worldview makes you sound like a moron, tbh. You should stop that.

Nathan89
02-12-2020, 07:25 AM
Agreed, but alpha males who are flaky know people make fun of them. They just don't give a fuck. Trump is both too thin skinned to take criticism and not self aware enough to see half the country is pointing and laughing at him. He's a fake alpha.

That's your biased narrative. Trump wouldn't be getting late night hosts to pull his hair if this was accurate as you'd like to think.

hater
02-12-2020, 08:04 AM
That's your biased narrative. Trump wouldn't be getting late night hosts to pull his hair if this was accurate as you'd like to think.

Dump let Tulsi call him a bitch :lol

he is also too scared to attack Bernie publicly

why do rednecks think this Dump charlatan is some kind of tough guy? :lmao

Nathan89
02-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Dump let Tulsi call him a bitch :lol

he is also too scared to attack Bernie publicly

why do rednecks think this Dump charlatan is some kind of tough guy? :lmao

That's irrelevant to my comment.

benefactor
02-12-2020, 09:40 AM
Shut up, faggot

Proxy
02-12-2020, 12:49 PM
You sound like someone who knows what insecurity is.

Don’t we all

hater
02-12-2020, 01:10 PM
That's irrelevant to my comment.

Trumps a bitch

deal w that homie

RandomGuy
02-13-2020, 02:42 PM

Bernie has a lot of enthusiasm among younger voters. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

phxspurfan
02-13-2020, 02:48 PM
Barnard Sanders, your president

phxspurfan
02-13-2020, 02:51 PM
everybody go get your student loans now while u can

florige
02-13-2020, 03:25 PM
Bernie has a lot of enthusiasm among younger voters. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

Way more than Hillary did that's for sure.

baseline bum
02-13-2020, 03:51 PM

They need to get off their asses in Nevada, South Carolina, and then on super Tuesday then. I'm really worried Bloomberg is going to buy his way to the nomination. His ads are inescapable in Texas and I'm sure elsewhere in big super Tuesday states also. And I'd vote Trump + straight GOP ticket without a second thought if the alternative is Bloomberg taking the Democrats into being a right wing party with a few wedge issue left leanings. I don't need two GOP to "choose" from on election days in the future, the Democrats are already too righteanig for my tastes but Bloomberg running the party and turning it straight right wing economically is a bridge way too far.

Millennial_Messiah
02-13-2020, 03:56 PM
They need to get off their asses in Nevada, South Carolina, and then on super Tuesday then. I'm really worried Bloomberg is going to buy his way to the nomination. His ads are inescapable in Texas and I'm sure elsewhere in big super Tuesday states also. And I'd vote Trump + straight GOP ticket without a second thought if the alternative is Bloomberg taking the Democrats into being a right wing party with a few wedge issue left leanings. I don't need two GOP to "choose" from on election days in the future, the Democrats are already too righteanig for my tastes but Bloomberg running the party and turning it straight right wing economically is a bridge way too far.
Right wing fiscally with pro environmentalism, pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro legalization.... but the anti gun thing makes him blue IMO

Millennial_Messiah
02-13-2020, 03:56 PM
everybody go get your student loans now while u can

So Trump can beat Bernie in a landslide in November and then jack up the interest rates on those? Good plan tbh

phxspurfan
02-13-2020, 04:05 PM
Way more than Hillary did that's for sure.

:lol corrupt mainstream establishment Clintons

phxspurfan
02-13-2020, 04:06 PM
So Trump can beat Bernie in a landslide in November and then jack up the interest rates on those? Good plan tbh

cry about it

RandomGuy
02-13-2020, 04:36 PM

Sanders is currently odds on favorite at fivethirtyeight.com by a small margin.

He is projected to win supertuesday by a large margin, which will likely gel a lof of support/opposition.

There are now more millenials eligible to vote than there are living baby boomers.

Younger= likely Democrats

Ain't no one under 40 voting for a billionaire on the left, IMO.

RandomGuy
02-13-2020, 04:39 PM
So Trump ... landslide

baseline bum
02-13-2020, 05:33 PM

He is projected to win supertuesday by a large margin, which will likely gel a lof of support/opposition.

There are now more millenials eligible to vote than there are living baby boomers.

Can't say I trust fivethirtyeight at all right now when Sanders has bounced around from 40% to >50% to 30% to 40% over the last two days there.

Reck
02-13-2020, 06:02 PM

That depends on how Biden does in Nevada and South Carolina. The guy has a final chance to live in those states that would position him to win quite the few states.

Alabama
Arkansas
NC
Texas
Tennessee
Virginia

Aren't states I see as Bernie ones. Klobuchar will sooner win those before Bernie, imo.

The fact California moved into Super Tuesday is great news for him though.

Proxy
02-13-2020, 06:26 PM

yeah, he's way ahead with the kids and the hispanic vote, took the lead in overall poc vote. We'll see with Nevada and SC if that data holds true.

Assuming Biden and Warren drop out, wonder where their voters go as well. The Bloomberg variable is pretty weird and annoying right now

baseline bum
02-13-2020, 06:30 PM
That depends on how Biden does in Nevada and South Carolina. The guy has a final chance to live in those states that would position him to win quite the few states.

Alabama
Arkansas
NC
Texas
Tennessee
Virginia

Aren't states I see as Bernie ones. Klobuchar will sooner win those before Bernie, imo.

The only of those states that should even matter are Virginia and NC.

Reck
02-13-2020, 06:44 PM
The only of those states that should even matter are Virginia and NC.

I dont know. Alabama has 61 delegates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Alabama_Democratic_primary

Alabama, Texas and like you said NC is gonna set someone up pretty nicely. That's the only reason I want Biden to stay on. I just dont like Pete or Amy. Definitely fuck Bloomberg.

I'd go with Bernie in the end though. But what is his path if he gets killed in the south like in 2016?

Will Hunting
02-13-2020, 06:53 PM
I’m hopeful their turnout in New Hampshire was due to the state’s retarded car registration law that completely fucks college students and younger millennials out of voting.

RandomGuy
02-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Can't say I trust fivethirtyeight at all right now when Sanders has bounced around from 40% to >50% to 30% to 40% over the last two days there.

Fivethirtyeight is the best available data, but far from infallible. I give it more credence, say, than Rasmussen or Fox. Dunno.

You may find this interesting if you haven't read it:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/06/rachel-bitecofer-profile-election-forecasting-new-theory-108944

spurraider21
02-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Fivethirtyeight is the best available data, but far from infallible. I give it more credence, say, than Rasmussen or Fox. Dunno.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/06/rachel-bitecofer-profile-election-forecasting-new-theory-108944
yep. i've been saying for some time that as long as our voter participation rate reminds shitty, driving turnout (ie tapping into the base) is more effective than trying to win over people in the middle. why go through the hassle of "winning over" voters when you have millions of voters at home that you can just energize?

baseline bum
02-13-2020, 07:35 PM
I dont know. Alabama has 61 delegates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Alabama_Democratic_primary

Alabama, Texas and like you said NC is gonna set someone up pretty nicely. That's the only reason I want Biden to stay on. I just dont like Pete or Amy. Definitely fuck Bloomberg.

I'd go with Bernie in the end though. But what is his path if he gets killed in the south like in 2016?

I mean only Virigina and NC should matter because they're the only ones that would matter in the general thanks to the electoral college making the other states completely worthless towards electing a Democratic nominee.

baseline bum
02-13-2020, 07:37 PM

Yeah I read that. Makes a lot of sense in today's political climate with crap turnout, the electoral college, and a Republican propaganda machine dominating radio, cable "news", and local news.

boutons_deux
02-13-2020, 07:55 PM
I read recently that in 2016 the polls by academics had Trash winning, while "other", pundit polls said Hillary.

Will Hunting
02-13-2020, 08:15 PM
It’s revisionist history for that article to say the academic polls had Trump winning, none of the polls had Trump winning.

Nathan89
02-13-2020, 09:21 PM

Communism also has a lot of support among younger Americans. That combined with Bernie effectively paying people to vote for him explains a lot tbh

Millennial_Messiah
02-13-2020, 10:44 PM
2016 and Hillary =/= 2020 and Bernie

Millennial_Messiah
02-13-2020, 10:45 PM
It’s revisionist history for that article to say the academic polls had Trump winning, none of the polls had Trump winning.

yeah, boutons' "... I read recently that .... polls by academics had Trump winning" is worse than my worst football take ever.

Millennial_Messiah
02-13-2020, 10:46 PM
I mean only Virigina and NC should matter because they're the only ones that would matter in the general thanks to the electoral college making the other states completely worthless towards electing a Democratic nominee.

NC isn't going blue. NC and Indiana in '08 were a first-black-prez fluke.

Reck
02-13-2020, 10:50 PM

A good candidate would have won it.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/north-carolina

Bitch Hillary came within 3 points and if you see Gary Johnson's numbers along with the wasted votes that went into write ins, there you got the votes.

Millennial_Messiah
02-13-2020, 10:52 PM

Bitch Hillary came within 3 points and if you see Gary Johnson's numbers along with the wasted votes that went into write ins, there you got the votes.
lol... Gary Johnson stole way more from Trump than Hillary. Keep dreaming.

DMC
02-13-2020, 10:52 PM

You were carrying the torch for the bitch until that one day, the day you up and ran away before you returned to your vomit.

Reck
02-13-2020, 10:56 PM
You were carrying the torch for the bitch until that one day, the day you up and ran away before you returned to your vomit.

As will I for anyone who comes out of the dem nom you idiot.

When it's Trump against whoever I will always pick the other choice. And why do you care? You're a fence hopper idiot who is ashamed to say whom he voted for because you're too worry about e-reputation. :lol fat hands

baseline bum
02-13-2020, 11:28 PM

NC is a battleground state where a vote means something, so is worth considering when picking a candidate. Unlike most of those other states Reck mentioned.

DMC
02-14-2020, 01:05 AM
As will I for anyone who comes out of the dem nom you idiot.

You supported her then but now you act like it was a stupid choice, until I called you out then you act like it was a logical choice. Make up your transitioning mind.

When it's Trump against whoever I will always pick the other choice. And why do you care? You're a fence hopper idiot who is ashamed to say whom he voted for because you're too worry about e-reputation. :lol fat hands

I didn't vote. I said so immediately. You'd have known if you weren't busy high-tailing it upstairs to lick your wounds.

Reck
02-14-2020, 01:20 AM
You supported her then but now you act like it was a stupid choice, until I called you out then you act like it was a logical choice. Make up your transitioning mind.

I didn't vote. I said so immediately. You'd have known if you weren't busy high-tailing it upstairs to lick your wounds.

You’re stupid. You didn’t point anything out that wasn’t already obvious.

Many people, almost all of ST who despise her voted for her because the other choice was worse.

:lol looking for arguments this late at night. Go watch your shemale porn fattie.

Proxy
02-14-2020, 03:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQrU5lNU0AA9QJ1?format=jpg&name=large
murica

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 07:49 AM
2016 and Hillary =/= 2020 and Bernie

Trump is less popular now than when he got elected.

Bernie is vastly more popular than Hillary was. Millenials tend to break overwhelmingly Democrat, and there are more of them eligible to vote now than there are living baby boomers.

It will be populist v. populist who hasn't done shit in four years.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 07:56 AM
Yeah I read that. Makes a lot of sense in today's political climate with crap turnout, the electoral college, and a Republican propaganda machine dominating radio, cable "news", and local news.

That article put a frame on an idea that I had sort of grasped intuitively. It was an "aha" moment, about the same as watching PM Barnett talk about the concepts underpinning The Pentagons New Map.

Next election will be about turnout, and that overwhelmingly favors the Democrats this time around. That will surprise the fuck out of a lot of the people in the deluded right-wing media bubble, some of which have swallowed the line about the Democratic party being destroyed by Trump.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 07:57 AM
Communism also has a lot of support among younger Americans. That combined with Bernie effectively paying people to vote for him explains a lot tbh

Not communism, but they certainly aren't scared by the "socialist" boogeyman, Prager U propaganda notwithstanding.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 07:57 AM
yep. i've been saying for some time that as long as our voter participation rate reminds shitty, driving turnout (ie tapping into the base) is more effective than trying to win over people in the middle. why go through the hassle of "winning over" voters when you have millions of voters at home that you can just energize?

A good progressive candidate will do just that.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 09:33 AM
NC is a battleground state where a vote means something, so is worth considering when picking a candidate. Unlike most of those other states Reck mentioned.

NC is pink, not purple. '08 was an anomaly. It's not a battleground state except in a Democrat blue wave year like '08.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 09:37 AM

Trump is less popular now than when he got elected.

Bernie is vastly more popular than Hillary was. Millenials tend to break overwhelmingly Democrat, and there are more of them eligible to vote now than there are living baby boomers.

It will be populist v. populist who hasn't done shit in four years.
Baby boomers were overwhelmingly liberal until they grew up (into their thirties and beyond) and started having families and realizing there are more important things in the world than hippie hopey changey bullcrap. The left wing culture of the late '60s and early '70s was far more radical than those of millennials today.

Same thing will happen for millennials. In 40 years the young adults will be bitching about how right wing those "darn millennials" are.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 10:18 AM
Baby boomers were overwhelmingly liberal until they grew up (into their thirties and beyond) and started having families and realizing there are more important things in the world than hippie hopey changey bullcrap. The left wing culture of the late '60s and early '70s was far more radical than those of millennials today.

Same thing will happen for millennials. In 40 years the young adults will be bitching about how right wing those "darn millennials" are.
Possibly depending on how good/bad things will be for millennials economically. If in 20 years millennials are still buried in student loan debt they’ll be just as liberal as they are now. Baby boomers became conservative because they were born with the wind at their back and turned into selfish assholes after the younger generations wanted the same $300 college tuition that they had.

baseline bum
02-14-2020, 10:22 AM
Possibly depending on how good/bad things will be for millennials economically. If in 20 years millennials are still buried in student loan debt they’ll be just as liberal as they are now. Baby boomers became conservative because they were born with the wind at their back and turned into selfish assholes after the younger generations wanted the same $300 college tuition that they had.

Is Baby Boomers being liberal when young even backed up by any facts? I seem to remember seeing that demographic still voted Nixon over McGovern.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 10:31 AM
Reagan in the 80’s definitely turned the Baby Boomers way more conservative too, he made it “cool” to be a Republican, to the point where even Hollywood was mostly conservative.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Reagan in the 80’s definitely turned the Baby Boomers way more conservative too, he made it “cool” to be a Republican, to the point where even Hollywood was mostly conservative.
This, the ‘84 election is when boomers swung to the right. Even when I was in college 25 years later I saw douchebag Republican kids walking around campus wearing Reagan Bush hats as if it was cool.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 10:48 AM
This thread is unintentionally hilarious. :lmao

boutons_deux
02-14-2020, 11:05 AM
St Ronnie the Diseased Useful Idiot certainly had a B-movie actor's screen peformance, even charisma, and gifted voice, so superficial, unthinking TV watching Americans were swayed. He is near the bottom of Presidents who were NOT For The People

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 11:35 AM
Is Baby Boomers being liberal when young even backed up by any facts? I seem to remember seeing that demographic still voted Nixon over McGovern.

72 was a landslide, throw it out, but that demographic didn't really vote because McGovern wouldn't end the war either even though the young of that time were protesting and holding up signs with a swastika replacing the "X" in Nixon

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 11:38 AM
This, the ‘84 election is when boomers swung to the right. Even when I was in college 25 years later I saw douchebag Republican kids walking around campus wearing Reagan Bush hats as if it was cool.

It's a fraternity thing and Reagan Bush '84 apparel is still a thing in the 2010s in the right-leaning fraternity/greek culture that is mostly separate from the "rest" of the college campus (GDIs). You can usually tell how left or right wing a college campus is based on the proportion of greek life.

baseline bum
02-14-2020, 11:44 AM
72 was a landslide, throw it out, but that demographic didn't really vote because McGovern wouldn't end the war either even though the young of that time were protesting and holding up signs with a swastika replacing the "X" in Nixon

Yeah just throw it out because it's inconvenient for your narrative. All Baby Boomers moved to San Francisco to drop acid and have free love right?

baseline bum
02-14-2020, 11:45 AM

Tell us again how the Democrats need to run another Hillary Clinton.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 11:50 AM

You’d know a ton about unintentionally hilarious threads :lmao

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 11:50 AM
Yeah just throw it out because it's inconvenient for your narrative. All Baby Boomers moved to San Francisco to drop acid and have free love right?
they mostly didn't vote, either they were too young or just too apathetic, like a lot of the Bernie crowd in 16 but to a much greater extent

and yes, acid dropping, nymphomania, drugs, punk rock and hippies were a thing

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 11:51 AM
Tell us again how the Democrats need to run another Hillary Clinton.

I hope Bernie wins, tbh. I think he will motivate a lot of people to go vote (both sides).

I was laughing at the history lesson of how boomers became conservatives, as told by millennials.

CosmicCowboy
02-14-2020, 12:16 PM
they mostly didn't vote, either they were too young or just too apathetic, like a lot of the Bernie crowd in 16 but to a much greater extent

and yes, acid dropping, nymphomania, drugs, punk rock? and hippies were a thing

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 01:04 PM

SALY syndrome. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

I also think you are vastly underestimating the damage being done to the conservative movement by the Trump era. Sokay.

If America as a whole is becoming less religious over time, and the core of the Trump party is religious people, what does that imply?

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 01:09 PM

Nope. Boomers have been pretty consistently conservative through time, as far back as 94.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/181325/baby-boomers-likely-identify-conservative.aspx

https://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/aqbz7f8imu-6wdhovyb-mw.png

The origin of this, as far as I know, is one of those "deepities", a commonly cited quote from winston churchill about being liberal when young.

The Millenial line should worry the Trump party.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 01:17 PM

This.

I don't see much changing for young people. Data on how "sticky" poverty is in the US shows that upward mobility is pretty much a myth for large portions of the population.

The rules are set up so that the rich can continue to steal from the poor, and the Trump party will fight any erosion of that ability tooth and nail.

The current arc of the US is to continue on towards a banana republic, with massive inequality. Maybe young people will finally break free of that, but that movement will be countered by the very effective right-wing propaganda machine that pushes the "free markets can do no wrong" idea.

Dunno. Not overly optimistic. Been showing my two sons some of the things about being a Danish or Norwegian citizen.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 01:35 PM

I think so. Reagan was a total POS too, but folksy. the polls I found only went back so far, but I would be willing to bet that was a watershed. I know it led to the Gingrich led "republican revolution" in the mid nineties, which was when the modern Republican party's soul began to die. What remained of it was put into the Trump/Pence horcrux, or sacrificed on the altar of naked lust for power.

hater
02-14-2020, 01:44 PM
:lmao Biden

:lmao Buttman

The Las Vegas Review-Journal/AARP Nevada poll showed Sanders with 25% support, followed by former Vice President Joe Biden at 18% and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren at 13%.

Hedge fund founder Tom Steyer came in fourth with 11%, essentially tied with Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar at 10%. Another 8% were undecided.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 02:56 PM
I hope Bernie wins, tbh. I think he will motivate a lot of people to go vote (both sides).

I was laughing at the history lesson of how boomers became conservatives, as told by millennials.
Why do you think they became conservative? Be a big boy use your own words Darrin, no links or youtubes.

Thread
02-14-2020, 03:01 PM

Just have to keep an eye peeled to see where Biden's 50% dedicated black vote is sliced, diced & anchors.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 03:01 PM

The Las Vegas Review-Journal/AARP Nevada poll showed Sanders with 25% support, followed by former Vice President Joe Biden at 18% and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren at 13%.

Hedge fund founder Tom Steyer came in fourth with 11%, essentially tied with Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar at 10%. Another 8% were undecided.
I’m crossing my fingers that Steyer can play the Chris Christie role as an early drop out who’s the first to endorse the anti-establishment candidate (Bernie). An endorsement from Steyer would do wonders for Sanders with black voters.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 03:05 PM
Just have to keep an eye peeled to see where Biden's 50% dedicated black vote is sliced, diced & anchors.
Seems like it’s getting sliced and diced towards Bloomberg Sanders and Steyer, in that order.

Even with their New Hampshire success I don’t see Buttplug or Klobuchar ever winning a material amount of black primary votes, especially Buttplug.

Who do you think Biden endorses when he drops out? That might play a role too but not if he waits until after the black voters move on to someone else which they’re already doing.

FrostKing
02-14-2020, 03:07 PM
SALY syndrome. Past performance does not guarantee future results.

I also think you are vastly underestimating the damage being done to the conservative movement by the Trump era. Sokay.

If America as a whole is becoming less religious over time, and the core of the Trump party is religious people, what does that imply?
Conservatives =/= Republicans

Increasing amount of Republicans don't practice religion. They are simply against progressive ideals. Some are just White and feeling alienated by the left. As Democrats move closer to socialism, you will have new crop of voters turn Republican just for the capitalism ideal.

Alot of people vote Republican as a reaction to what Democrats do. This phenomenon isn't as large on the flip side. Because at worst Conservatives are simply turning back the clock on earlier times of America. Progressives are moving us toward an unknown....

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 03:11 PM

Yeah it wasn’t nearly as informed and insightful as your scared shitless take on college kids.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 03:12 PM
Why do you think they became conservative? Be a big boy use your own words Darrin, no links or youtubes.

I predict a snarky non-sequitur dad joke coming your way.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 03:15 PM
I predict a snarky non-sequitur dad joke coming your way.
He usually just ignores posts that call him out for being incapable of putting anything in his own words and resorting <5 word snarky responses.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 03:16 PM
Conservatives =/= Republicans

Increasing amount of Republicans don't practice religion. They are simply against progressive ideals. Some are just White and feeling alienated by the left. As Democrats move closer to socialism, you will have new crop of voters turn Republican just for the capitalism ideal.

Alot of people vote Republican as a reaction to what Democrats do. This phenomenon isn't as large on the flip side. Because at worst Conservatives are simply turning back the clock on earlier times of America. Progressives are moving us toward an unknown....

Feel free to enter Republican politics and say you aren't religious. See how far you get.

Democrats lost their way chasing corporate types, and would do well to get back to their progressive roots.

As for capitalism... LOL.

The US is far more capitalist than just about anywhere else on the planet by most measures... and it hasn't gotten the tens of millions of people heath insurance out of the aether.

Late stage capitalism is failing to provide young people with anything approaching an increased standard of living. All the benefits flow right to the top, and I can bury you with data supporting that if you wish.

The choice today is for Trump party corporate socialism where the country is run for the benefit of corporations, or little d democratic socialism where the country is run for the benefit of everybody else.

It is awfully hard to tell people that the huge corporations paying almost no taxes on billions of dollars of profit, when the average person is less than a paycheck away from ruin or having to use GoFundMe for medical bills is somehow the way things should be.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 03:32 PM
Boomers Hail Reagan While Millennials Choose Obama as Best President of Their Lifetime

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/13/boomers-hail-reagan-while-millennials-choose-obama-as-best-president-of-their-lifetime/

“ Older voters in Generation X, who are 38 to 53 years old; boomers, who are 54 to 72 years old; and silent generation voters, who are 73 to 90 years old; all chose Reagan as their favorite president.”

:lmao

Thread
02-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Seems like it’s getting sliced and diced towards Bloomberg Sanders and Steyer, in that order.

Even with their New Hampshire success I don’t see Buttplug or Klobuchar ever winning a material amount of black primary votes, especially Buttplug.

Who do you think Biden endorses when he drops out? That might play a role too but not if he waits until after the black voters move on to someone else which they’re already doing.

No sooner do we (most likely) get rid of Biden & Bloomberg starts up.

---

I wouldn't be surprised if Biden refuses to endorse. Most likely will just take some time for himself & his wife---just step away.

Reck
02-14-2020, 04:32 PM

Need to see a couple of more polls to lol but as I expected Pete and Amy doing pretty bad outside their whiteness kingdom.

Biden being second is like a win for him. Could be in the single digits. :lol

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Boomers Hail Reagan While Millennials Choose Obama as Best President of Their Lifetime

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/13/boomers-hail-reagan-while-millennials-choose-obama-as-best-president-of-their-lifetime/

“ Older voters in Generation X, who are 38 to 53 years old; boomers, who are 54 to 72 years old; and silent generation voters, who are 73 to 90 years old; all chose Reagan as their favorite president.”

I would tend to trust the judgement of those who have lived through numerous presidencies, tbh. The oldest Millenials don't even remember Reagan. :lol

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 04:38 PM
I would tend to trust the judgement of those who have lived through numerous presidencies, tbh. The oldest Millenials don't even remember Reagan. :lol

Did you have a point with all that?

spurraider21
02-14-2020, 04:41 PM
i wonder what % of boomers believe obama is a kenyan-born muslim

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 04:41 PM
“We ran this country into the fucking ground, but we lived through multiple presidencies, so trust our judgement!”

Reck
02-14-2020, 04:42 PM

So you would take some old dude’s opinion over factual history?

Your logic doesn’t make sense. Just because millennials are young doesn’t mean they don’t know how to pick up a history book. Most great world discoveries have been done thousands of years after the fact so who are you going to trust more there? :lol

AaronY
02-14-2020, 04:45 PM
I hope Bernie wins, tbh.

Why do you want Bernie to win? I'm guessing to destroy the establishment or something

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 04:49 PM
So you would take some old dude’s opinion over factual history?

Your logic doesn’t make sense. Just because millennials are young doesn’t mean they don’t know how to pick up a history book. Most great world discoveries have been done thousands of years after the fact so who are you going to trust more there? :lol

Reading is fundamental

"Boomers Hail Reagan While Millennials Choose Obama as Best President of Their Lifetime"

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 04:52 PM
Why do you want Bernie to win? I'm guessing to destroy the establishment or something

I'd like to see that ideology destroyed at the ballot box.

Reck
02-14-2020, 04:55 PM
Reading is fundamental

"Boomers Hail Reagan While Millennials Choose Obama as Best President of Their Lifetime"

Why are you quoting something I didn't addressed. I quote the post I did for a reason. Stay on topic and do less forceful laughing emojis.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Why are you quoting something I didn't addressed. I quote the post I did for a reason. Stay on topic and do less forceful laughing emojis.

Apparently, writing is a challenge for you, too.

Reck
02-14-2020, 05:04 PM

Yikes, Darrin doesn't have an answer so he dafaults to one of his two main shtick. Runs and hides or tries his 5th grade insults that make him look even cornier. lol

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 05:10 PM

... and if that doesn't happen then what Darrin?

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 05:12 PM
He usually just ignores posts that call him out for being incapable of putting anything in his own words and resorting <5 word snarky responses.
Like clockwork every time.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 05:14 PM

The unintentional comedy here :lmao

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 05:17 PM
I’m guessing a Dinesh D’Souza type comment about how the Democrats are the party of slavery coming soon. That’s what’s next up in the Darrin repertoire of deflection.

Reck
02-14-2020, 05:24 PM
Yikes, Darrin doesn't have an answer so he dafaults to one of his two main shtick. Runs and hides or tries his 5th grade insults that make him look even cornier. lol

... and if that doesn't happen then what Darrin?

Darrin chooses shtick #1 then.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 05:27 PM
Just imagine how his daughter must feel, knowing she has such a spineless twat for a father :lmao

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 06:39 PM

What if it is the Trump ideology that is destroyed at the ballot box? 2020 is shaping up to be worse for the Trump party than 2018.

How many times do you have to be wrong about something before you bother re-thinking your underlying assumptions? i.e. Climate change et al.?

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 07:04 PM
What if it is the Trump ideology that is destroyed at the ballot box? 2020 is shaping up to be worse for the Trump party than 2018.

Well, we just saw what went down in the UK.

RandomGuy
02-14-2020, 07:08 PM

Well, we just saw what went down in the UK.

Not what I asked, stupid mother fucker.

I asked if your dumb ass would ever find a goddamn clue that stupid shit you think is true... isn't.

Not that I expected an answer. You have proven incapable of evaluating information honestly, especially if it disagrees with your brittle belief system.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 07:17 PM
Not what I asked, stupid mother fucker.

I asked if your dumb ass would ever find a goddamn clue that stupid shit you think is true... isn't.

Not that I expected an answer. You have proven incapable of evaluating information honestly, especially if it disagrees with your brittle belief system.

^brittle spirit

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 07:29 PM
^brittle spirit

:lmao co-opting a Chappelle quote that he used directly about middled aged white guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIezyUtYmQ

benefactor
02-14-2020, 07:46 PM
:lol

ChumpDumper
02-14-2020, 07:48 PM
:lmao co-opting a Chappelle quote that he used directly about middled aged white guys.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 07:57 PM

Or, Louis C.K. accusers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK14oYP40js

hater
02-14-2020, 08:00 PM
Bernie leading big in Texas, Nevada and NC

Trumptards, establishment puppets, neocons, neolib muppets and deep state turdnuggets entering a state of panic

https://twitter.com/kylelovesbernie/status/1228481964258287616?s=21

hater
02-14-2020, 08:03 PM

funny thats the same thing Shillarytards said about Trump winning GOP nomination

remember they were rooting for a Trump nomination

idiot conservatards rooting for a Bernie nomination are just as stupid

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:06 PM
funny thats the same thing Shillarytards said about Trump winning GOP nomination

remember they were rooting for a Trump nomination

idiot conservatards rooting for a Bernie nomination are just as stupid

Bernie would win a landslide

If people 40 and older don't vote

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 08:07 PM
Or, Louis C.K. accusers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK14oYP40js

^remembered when Chappelle made fun of women with that line, conveniently forgot when he made fun of white conservatives with it. Brittle spirit if you ask me.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:08 PM
^remembered when Chappelle made fun of women with that line, conveniently forgot when he made fun of white conservatives with it. Brittle spirit if you ask me.

I remembered both. Sorry to ruin it for you.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 08:09 PM

If people 40 and older don't vote

Imagine the kind of plain vanilla conservative boomer personality that thinks this is funny.

Ball Buster
02-14-2020, 08:14 PM
Imagine the kind of plain vanilla conservative boomer personality that thinks this is funny.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 08:15 PM
I remembered both. Sorry to ruin it for you.

Oh sure you did, that’s why you comment on the brittle spirit of white conservatives so often.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:17 PM

I'm Gen-X. College debt (what little I had) paid off decades ago.

hater
02-14-2020, 08:17 PM

no

it would be a close election

remember at least 30% of americans detest Trump and would vote for his opponent

another 20% of americans could jump on Bernie wagon easily

and also average americans dont vote on ideology so that idea that Bernies ideology would hurt him is BS

oh and this is nothing like Brexit. this is no referendum of anything it would basically be Bernies personality vs Dumps

I like Bernies chances

but alas this probably wont happen as DNC will jot let Bernie win

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Oh sure you did, that’s why you comment on the brittle spirit of white conservatives so often.

I'm sorry for your L

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 08:18 PM

I'm a Millennial with a bachelor's degree and never had any college debt/student loans.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry for your L

:lmao pulling a Derp maneuver to save face.

“I win, you lose! I said it first so it’s true!”

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:23 PM
no

it would be a close election

remember at least 30% of americans detest Trump and would vote for his opponent

another 20% of americans could jump on Bernie wagon easily

and also average americans dont vote on ideology so that idea that Bernies ideology would hurt him is BS

oh and this is nothing like Brexit. this is no referendum of anything it would basically be Bernies personality vs Dumps

I like Bernies chances

but alas this probably wont happen as DNC will jot let Bernie win

Say a candidate had Bernie's charming personality (:lol), but was a centrist...

I'm pretty sure his "free shit for all policies" sounds appealing to young people.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 08:23 PM

:lmao replying back with retarded non-sequiturs, another Darrin classic.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:25 PM
I'm a Millennial with a bachelor's degree and never had any college debt/student loans.

Well done. :tu

People won't admit it, but they chose to take on this debt.

hater
02-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Say a candidate had Bernie's charming personality (:lol), but was a centrist...

I'm pretty sure his "free shit for all policies" sounds appealing to young people.

meh most americans are for free medical services tbqh

free college is no big deal as well dont see too many americans who would heavily oppose this

sure Rush Lipbalm and other fat rednecks think this is the end of the world but most americans dont yhink like these morons

Reck
02-14-2020, 08:30 PM
Bernie leading big in Texas, Nevada and NC

Trumptards, establishment puppets, neocons, neolib muppets and deep state turdnuggets entering a state of panic

https://twitter.com/kylelovesbernie/status/1228481964258287616?s=21

Tbh, this is like Hillary going to Arizona and drawing 1000 people. :lol people thought she had a shot.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 08:31 PM

Genuinely curious, how’d you pull that off?

hater
02-14-2020, 08:32 PM
Tbh, this is like Hillary going to Arizona and drawing 1000 people. :lol people thought she had a shot.

she had more than a shot. it was her election to lose :lol

spurraider21
02-14-2020, 08:33 PM
how much was your annual tuition?

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 08:34 PM

Yep. I earned my shit from start to finish. I was HS valedictorian despite going to a depressing ass >95% Hispanic West side school (thus being unpopular as fuck) and got my FAFSA and shit done on time every year and got full tuition grants and waivers, ended up with 30k in the bank, zero debt and a 4.0 GPA bachelor of business admin in IT/Data Science from a major public Texas school, in only 3 years. I'm self made, motherfucker. Now I've got 250k in the bank and rising each month.

Trump 2020.

monosylab1k
02-14-2020, 08:35 PM

Doesn’t matter, he pulled himself up by his bootstraps and earned everything he got.

hater
02-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Yep. I earned my shit from start to finish. I was HS valedictorian despite going to a depressing ass >95% Hispanic West side school (thus being unpopular as fuck) and got my FAFSA and shit done on time every year and got full tuition grants and waivers, ended up with 30k in the bank, zero debt and a 4.0 GPA bachelor of business admin in IT/Data Science from a major public Texas school, in only 3 years. I'm self made, motherfucker. Now I've got 250k in the bank and rising each month.

Trump 2020.

ma niga :tu congrats

I have a PHD in yeyo and also self made business man.

2.5 mil in the bank so far :tu

spurraider21
02-14-2020, 08:38 PM
spurstalk is the most affluent demographic in the US tbh

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 08:38 PM

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:39 PM

free college is no big deal as well dont see too many americans who would heavily oppose this

sure Rush Lipbalm and other fat rednecks think this is the end of the world but most americans dont yhink like these morons

Rush Lipbalm. :lol

His policies would die a quick death in the Senate, tbh. :lol

Will Hunting
Spurstalk has a higher median income than Loudon County Virginia :lol

Millennial_Messiah
Genuinely curious, how’d you pull that off?

HS Valedictorian from large public high school. That's a full freshman year tuition waiver right off the bat, and I still got full grants.

TEXAS Grant - $5,000 per year when I was in school (it's gone up since)
UNT Tuition Grant - $2,000 per semester
Federal Pell Grant - around $2,500 per semester
UNT Excellence Scholarship Grant - $4,000 per semester
Top 10% Scholarship Grant - $1,500 per semester

there were a few more smallish ones, but I never had to do the Stafford or Perkins loans crap

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 08:42 PM

i think 2.5 mil in the bank is a waste of money. first of all, you'd be wise to have it in 10 different banks of 250k each. Just in case, ya know. But beyond that, 2.5m making next to nothing is a waste of money. Buy a big apartment complex and rent out all the units and profit over a million a year in rent.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 08:42 PM

I don’t disagree but the lenders also decided to take the risk. Personal bankruptcy should be an option the same way it is for any other form of unsecured debt.

spurraider21
02-14-2020, 08:43 PM
HS Valedictorian from large public high school. That's a full freshman year tuition waiver right off the bat, and I still got full grants.

there were a few more smallish ones, but I never had to do the Stafford or Perkins loans crap
plus i was fucking all the women in the admissions office and they cooked the books to help me out even more

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:43 PM

I'm guessing around 5k. I chose a school I could afford.

hater
02-14-2020, 08:44 PM
Rush Lipbalm. :lol

His policies would die a quick death in the Senate, tbh. :lol

so did Trumps :lol

DMC
02-14-2020, 08:45 PM

I knew you were a weirdo.

DMC
02-14-2020, 08:45 PM
plus i was fucking all the women in the admissions office and they cooked the books to help me out even more

Only the hot ones, not the ones with pointy elbows.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 08:47 PM

lol haha. nah I only actually fucked one UNT staff member during my whole time there but she was a lowly geology TA getting her master's degree in the environmental science building. She was average looking, a few years older than me and a total nympho freak.

(no, we didn't do it IN the environmental science building, but it probably would have been better than her small apartment which stank of animals and she had 2 dogs, a cat, multiple rodents and an aquarium)

hater
02-14-2020, 08:47 PM
i think 2.5 mil in the bank is a waste of money. first of all, you'd be wise to have it in 10 different banks of 250k each. Just in case, ya know. But beyond that, 2.5m making next to nothing is a waste of money. Buy a big apartment complex and rent out all the units and profit over a million a year in rent.

I like cash tbqh especially since my business keeps making it

i will invest it when I get the time

i do hate the stock market sham so not gonna waste my time on that

i should just buy gold but I want physical gold and cant find anywhere where I can purchase gold bars :lol I do hear you can puchase these in hong kong tbqh

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:48 PM
I don’t disagree but the lenders also decided to take the risk. Personal bankruptcy should be an option the same way it is for any other form of unsecured debt.

Isn't this the Fed govt., for the most part?

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 08:50 PM

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 08:53 PM
I knew you were a weirdo.

Remove the mass of sodium chloride and I'll give you an A for effort on this post.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 08:54 PM
The loans are federally backed to a certain extent but I don’t think it’s the government that’s making money on the interest payments. Im obviously not fully knowledgeable on how it works but iirc it’s a heads the lender wins tails the tax payer loses situation.

What I do know is that they’re not forgiveable in bankruptcy court which is the problem. Fix that and the market would take care of a big part of it and colleges would be forced to make it more affordable imo.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 08:55 PM
I like cash tbqh especially since my business keeps making it

i will invest it when I get the time

i do hate the stock market sham so not gonna waste my time on that

i should just buy gold but I want physical gold and cant find anywhere where I can purchase gold bars :lol I do hear you can puchase these in hong kong tbqh

they were selling it when it was a total seller's market. Notice you don't see the rosland capital commercials etc. anymore.

TheGreatYacht
02-14-2020, 08:56 PM

Most of the inbred boomer Trump supporters oppose free shit cuz they don't want any minorities to get assistance. If America was a white majority or ethnostate I guarantee you a lot of Trump supporters would have no issues with any social safety nets or socialism in general.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 09:01 PM
Most of the inbred boomer Trump supporters oppose free shit cuz they don't want any minorities to get assistance. If America was a white majority or ethnostate I guarantee you a lot of Trump supporters would have no issues with any social safety nets or socialism in general.
correct, Nazi party was socialistic amongst the Germans but at the expense of the jews

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 09:03 PM
correct, Nazi party was socialistic amongst the Germans but at the expense of the jews
The anti-semitism came later on after years of successful national socialism. The Nazis are responsible for a lot of Germany’s infrastructure that’s still very prevalent today (ie the autobahn highway system).

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 09:04 PM

Especially not the jooos, amirite?

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 09:08 PM
The loans are federally backed to a certain extent but I don’t think it’s the government that’s making money on the interest payments. Im obviously not fully knowledgeable on how it works but iirc it’s a heads the lender wins tails the tax payer loses situation.

What I do know is that they’re not forgiveable in bankruptcy court which is the problem. Fix that and the market would take care of a big part of it and colleges would be forced to make it more affordable imo.

Well, I would agree that it's irresponsible to be loaning college aged kids six-figure loans.

I definitely think something should be done to bring down tuition cost, but I don't think the solution is subsidizing through taxation.

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 09:14 PM
Well, I would agree that it's irresponsible to be loaning college aged kids six-figure loans.

I definitely think something should be done to bring down tuition cost, but I don't think the solution is subsidizing through taxation.
The situation I have no sympathy for is the kid who took out 6 figures of student debt to go to private or out of state college. Go fucking in state if you’re stretched that thin.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 09:16 PM

Federally regulating the price, add a cap on school board/staff income, and regulating the price of books. $200 for a cheaply made fucking hardcover and 800 pieces of paper with text and scatted ordinary pictures, that's ridiculous.

Millennial_Messiah
02-14-2020, 09:17 PM
The situation I have no sympathy for is the kid who took out 6 figures of student debt to go to private or out of state college. Go fucking in state if you’re stretched that thin.

yes, Or the kid who took out six figures of debt to major in cultural studies, arts and humanities etc. Music major without teacher certification, etc.

How are they going to make up that money in a reasonable amount of time??!?

Will Hunting
02-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Federally regulating the price, add a cap on school board/staff income, and regulating the price of books. $200 for a cheaply made fucking hardcover and 800 pieces of paper with text and scatted ordinary pictures, that's ridiculous.
There should be an online option to buy an e copy, the fact kids still have to spend a fortune on hard cover books is retarded.

Student unions should also go back to have meal plans rather than privatized food courts.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 09:28 PM
There should be an online option to buy an e copy, the fact kids still have to spend a fortune on hard cover books is retarded.

This is changing. My daughter has some classes with online books.

I remember that whole textbook thing being a scam. I would find the textbook in the library and keep checking it out. You always got ripped selling those things back.

spurraider21
02-14-2020, 09:36 PM
ding ding

:lol people taking loans to go to USC for 55k a year (undergrad) instead of going to UCLA or UC Irvine for 13k

spurraider21
02-14-2020, 09:39 PM
:lol or when processors add their own books to the reading list

Student unions should also go back to have meal plans rather than privatized food courts.
this tbh... UCLA had both, and their cafetarias were great. but the residential side of campus was a pretty far walk from the lecture building area, which is where the private food courts were. since i commuted to school, it would have killed 30 minutes just to walk to/from the cafeterias between classes. and the plans werent that cheap unless you bought the full package which included 3 meals per day, something that i didnt need as a commuting student

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 09:59 PM
ding ding

:lol people taking loans to go to USC for 55k a year (undergrad) instead of going to UCLA or UC Irvine for 13k

And USC is mere blocks away from Watts. :lol

DMC
02-14-2020, 10:15 PM

Have you been to Yale or Johns Hopkins? :lol

Spurtacular
02-14-2020, 10:26 PM

Quite the opposite of what Reck talks about with friends at his tranny clubs. It's very hard for him to understand.

ElNono
02-14-2020, 10:35 PM

don't make fun of ducks like that, tbh

pgardn
02-14-2020, 11:07 PM
The anti-semitism came later on after years of successful national socialism. The Nazis are responsible for a lot of Germany’s infrastructure that’s still very prevalent today (ie the autobahn highway system).

WE are responsible for a lot of Germany’s infrastructure today because it was decimated, especially by the British that went for payback because of the bombing of London. If the Nazis had bombed NY like London, I wonder if any mercy would have occurred.

pgardn
02-14-2020, 11:11 PM

University of Chicago.
Check that out.

DarrinS
02-14-2020, 11:49 PM
Have you been to Yale or Johns Hopkins? :lol

University of Chicago.
Check that out.

I know Yale is close to a shifty area. Also, Stanford is right by East Palo Alto.

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 10:56 AM

yeah... just at UNT in my 3 years there from August 2013 - May 2016 there was a rapid reformulation process towards more privatized food and less and less invested into the cafeterias.

The first semester the food at 3 out of the 5 cafeterias available on campus was downright GOOD. The vegan hall (Maple) was never any good and the biggest one (Kerr) was always mediocre and overcrowded like a bad golden corral, but at least they were open until 2am and provided some interesting treats at times.

The UNT student union (which actually looked like a union) closed and got largely demo'd in October, 2013. It had a small privatized food court with a Chick Fil A and a Taco Bell and a university-run food place which sold cheap but actually solid American food (chicken, burgers, friday fish) . That closed, and moved to a nearby temporary tent/portable to the north. That would be around for the next 2 years. The tent concept was an eyesore, but it was oddly practical, and the food quality was solid, plus that little UNT kitchen was good because you could get 2 large chicken tenders and fries, tots or halfsies (mix of both) for $1.99, a large pub burger and fries for $3.99, etc. paid with "Flex dollars" included in the student meal plan.

Meanwhile from 2013-2015 the food quality at the cafeterias steadily went downward. At the beginning of 2014 the cafe hall that was central to the campus and largely considered the best up to that point (Bruce Hall) went through massive, expensive renovations and nearly doubled the size of the dining space, but the food quality greatly suffered. At some point the second best hall (the one by the football stadium) lost quality as well, and the third best hall (West) drastically shortened its hours and started closing at 2pm on Fridays. Even old Kerr Hall stopped doing late nights, and started closing at 9pm every night. Budget cuts galore, to finance the $17 billion new union.

And guess what? When that new union fiiiiiiiiiinally opened in January 2016 (the lazy-ass workers got paid a trillion bucks to smoke and laugh and speak spanish most of the time) it was completely modern and boring. It was basically a shopping mall concept with a bunch of privatized, overpriced, bland food, a few student services, a bunch of wasteful open space and an auditorium or two. But it was "LEED Certified!!!!1!!11!one!" WOW!!!!! .....puh-lease. In addition to the Chick-Fil A, they gave up Taco Bell for an even worse chain in Taco Bueno, they scrapped the UNT American food kitchen, added a Krispy Krunchy chicken (expensive and greasy), Fuzzy's Tacos (expensive, crappy and bad customer service), Which Wich (boring) and some hippie bowl food place, I forgot the name.

Such a disappointment. But guess what? I went into Ohio State University's union at the beginning of the fall semester in 2018, and guess what??? It looked almost EXACTLY the same as the New UNT Union (boring shopping mall style concept), except the decorations were red instead of green. I hate it. I feel like the entire college experience of the past has been compromised and ruined in the name of maximizing profits, cutting corners and promoting their crony-capitalist-liberal agenda. Sort of like Hillary.

Will Hunting
02-15-2020, 11:01 AM
yeah... just at UNT in my 3 years there from August 2013 - May 2016 there was a rapid reformulation process towards more privatized food and less and less invested into the cafeterias.

The first semester the food at 3 out of the 5 cafeterias available on campus was downright GOOD. The vegan hall (Maple) was never any good and the biggest one (Kerr) was always mediocre and overcrowded like a bad golden corral, but at least they were open until 2am and provided some interesting treats at times.

The UNT student union (which actually looked like a union) closed and got largely demo'd in October, 2013. It had a small privatized food court with a Chick Fil A and a Taco Bell and a university-run food place which sold cheap but actually solid American food (chicken, burgers, friday fish) . That closed, and moved to a nearby temporary tent/portable to the north. That would be around for the next 2 years. The tent concept was an eyesore, but it was oddly practical, and the food quality was solid, plus that little UNT kitchen was good because you could get 2 large chicken tenders and fries, tots or halfsies (mix of both) for $1.99, a large pub burger and fries for $3.99, etc. paid with "Flex dollars" included in the student meal plan.

Meanwhile from 2013-2015 the food quality at the cafeterias steadily went downward. At the beginning of 2014 the cafe hall that was central to the campus and largely considered the best up to that point (Bruce Hall) went through massive, expensive renovations and nearly doubled the size of the dining space, but the food quality greatly suffered. At some point the second best hall (the one by the football stadium) lost quality as well, and the third best hall (West) drastically shortened its hours and started closing at 2pm on Fridays. Even old Kerr Hall stopped doing late nights, and started closing at 9pm every night. Budget cuts galore, to finance the $17 billion new union.

And guess what? When that new union fiiiiiiiiiinally opened in January 2016 (the lazy-ass workers got paid a trillion bucks to smoke and laugh and speak spanish most of the time) it was completely modern and boring. It was basically a shopping mall concept with a bunch of privatized, overpriced, bland food, a few student services, a bunch of wasteful open space and an auditorium or two. But it was "LEED Certified!!!!1!!11!one!" WOW!!!!! .....puh-lease. In addition to the Chick-Fil A, they gave up Taco Bell for an even worse chain in Taco Bueno, they scrapped the UNT American food kitchen, added a Krispy Krunchy chicken (expensive and greasy), Fuzzy's Tacos (expensive, crappy and bad customer service), Which Wich (boring) and some hippie bowl food place, I forgot the name.

Such a disappointment. But guess what? I went into Ohio State University's union at the beginning of the fall semester in 2018, and guess what??? It looked almost EXACTLY the same as the New UNT Union (boring shopping mall style concept), except the decorations were red instead of green. I hate it. I feel like the entire college experience of the past has been compromised and ruined in the name of maximizing profits, cutting corners and promoting their crony-capitalist-liberal agenda. Sort of like Hillary.
Hey you at least had the cafeteria for a few years. By the time I got to Arizona (and I went to school before you did) it had already been turned into the full shopping mall w food court concept.

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 11:07 AM
Hey you at least had the cafeteria for a few years. By the time I got to Arizona (and I went to school before you did) it had already been turned into the full shopping mall w food court concept.

They didn't have any dorm hall cafeterias at all??? WTF

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 11:08 AM
let me see

https://union.arizona.edu/mealplans/

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 11:13 AM
I don't see anything that seems like a traditional in-dorm hall cafeteria at the U of Arizona. There is however one all you can eat place called '85 North.

DMC
02-15-2020, 11:18 AM
The idea of "the college experience" is :lol

College should be about education to prepare you for entering the workforce. People treat it like an extended sleepover.

Will Hunting
02-15-2020, 11:31 AM
They didn't have any dorm hall cafeterias at all??? WTF
:lol nope, it’s fully commercialized. The food selection sucked too.

pgardn
02-15-2020, 11:37 AM

College should be about education to prepare you for entering the workforce. People treat it like an extended sleepover.

Getting away from parents is huge based on what I have seen. Kids can’t enter the workforce if they can’t take care of themselves. ( fast food while living at home is not preferable)The helicopter parenting is a big problem. Maybe required military service is needed so kids can be taught something about taking responsibility for themselves.

pgardn
02-15-2020, 11:37 AM

Getting away from parents is huge based on what I have seen. Kids can’t enter the workforce if they can’t take care of themselves. ( fast food while living at home is not preferable)The helicopter parenting is a big problem. Maybe required military service is needed so kids can be taught something about taking responsibility for themselves.

Winehole23
02-15-2020, 12:19 PM

College should be about education to prepare you for entering the workforce. People treat it like an extended sleepover.Yes, absolutely, education should be defined and limited by the requirements of the job market.

If your "college experience" isn't slavishly attuned to the needs of employers, you're obviously doing it wrong.

:eyeroll

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 12:25 PM

that's what it ended up pretty much being for me after the first year, the last 2 years were extremely boring and rudimentary. only got laid twice after the first year, and one of them was in the summertime with an internet date.

I think there should be balance between fun and work/getting good grades and preparing for a great start to the career.

All work and no fun = depression, loneliness, sadness and misery. Leads to quick burnout problem
All fun and no work = impractical and leads to becoming a screw up, even if you do graduate, and a lot of times the uber-partyers don't even graduate

There should be a balance. Otherwise you're not doing life right.

boutons_deux
02-15-2020, 12:28 PM
Why aren’t more Americans working? Fed Chair Powell says blame education and drugs, not welfare.

‘It isn’t better or more comfortable to be poor and on public benefits now, it’s actually worse than it was,’ Powell told U.S. senators this week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/ISPZJIEU6JF6TI2KWSWVTR2L34.png&w=1440

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/02/15/powell-labor-force/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most (https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/02/15/powell-labor-force/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most)

So Repugs cutting public assistance, and refusing to help those who work at poverty wages, to force people to find work, ISN'T WORKING.

Will Trash fire Powell, replace him with someone who promotes the oligarchy's inhumane bullshit?

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 12:30 PM
:lol nope, it’s fully commercialized. The food selection sucked too.

I noticed on the website there weren't any "unlimited" meal plans nor dorm hall cafeterias. A bunch of small commercial stuff.

Meal plans being fully "optional" for all students is the first major red flag IMO. The best universities require a cafeteria meal plan (and a dorm room) for all freshmen, and require a meal plan for sophomores and upperclassmen who choose to live on campus.

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 12:34 PM
Not for EVERYONE though. Just for screw ups, dropouts, those who get pregnant/father children way too young, etc.

I never considered or wanted to be a part of the military. I'm a pacifist. I relocated from San Antonio to Denton in 2013 all by myself at age 19 and I think I turned out just fine. After the first semester I never had extreme homesickness. The only thing I ever miss about home these days is the cooking and hugs, but that doesn't keep me from working and making six figures and providing for myself.

pgardn
02-15-2020, 12:47 PM
Not for EVERYONE though. Just for screw ups, dropouts, those who get pregnant/father children way too young, etc.

I never considered or wanted to be a part of the military. I'm a pacifist. I relocated from San Antonio to Denton in 2013 all by myself at age 19 and I think I turned out just fine. After the first semester I never had extreme homesickness. The only thing I ever miss about home these days is the cooking and hugs, but that doesn't keep me from working and making six figures and providing for myself.

Okay you get the Peace Corps

And a course self esteem and the need to justify one’s mythical social standing.

Will Hunting
02-15-2020, 12:52 PM
I noticed on the website there weren't any "unlimited" meal plans nor dorm hall cafeterias. A bunch of small commercial stuff.

Meal plans being fully "optional" for all students is the first major red flag IMO. The best universities require a cafeteria meal plan (and a dorm room) for all freshmen, and require a meal plan for sophomores and upperclassmen who choose to live on campus.
One of the things about UofA is that it was basically a feeder school for rich SoCal kids who couldn’t get into UCLA or USC, and they all had parents who could pay basically whatever the school wanted to charge. Arizona’s governor also cut university funding by literally 40% when I was in school, tuition literally doubled from when I was a freshman to when I was a senior :lol

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 04:52 PM
Okay you get the Peace Corps

And a course self esteem and the need to justify one’s mythical social standing.

I don't have a passport. I prefer making money though actually.

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2020, 04:54 PM
One of the things about UofA is that it was basically a feeder school for rich SoCal kids who couldn’t get into UCLA or USC, and they all had parents who could pay basically whatever the school wanted to charge. Arizona’s governor also cut university funding by literally 40% when I was in school, tuition literally doubled from when I was a freshman to when I was a senior :lol

Yikes.

I thought money could buy their way into schools?

Thread
02-17-2020, 03:56 PM
Saw on CNN this morning w/Brooke Baldwin interviwing Sander's campaign manager/Weaver.

BB:::"If Bernie is the nominee will he accept money from Bloomberg?"

Weaver:::Hemmed & hawed.

BB:::"Yes, or no, will he accept money from Bloomberg?"

Weaver:::"No."

ADDENDUM:::& by God I'm holding him to that decision.

boutons_deux
02-17-2020, 06:13 PM
John Oliver DESTROYED every argument against M4A tonight.
https://images.dailykos.com/images/767512/story_image/cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg?1581917237

Nobody knows what it will actually cost. Anyone saying otherwise is full of shit.
Most cost estimates come in at or below our nations current public and private sector combined health care spending, and even if it doesn’t end up that way, it’s worth it.
The idea of “choice” is an illusion. Most people have one choice: Whatever their employer offers them.
People often have no choice at all in emergencies but to go out-of-network — often even when they’ve gone out of their way to try to stay in network.
Under M4A, every provider is in network.
The “wait time” argument about other nations with nationalized healthcare that is currently a favorite of those opposed to M4A is basically bogus and based on non-emergency or elective procedures.
People wait ridiculous amounts of time *now* because they simply cannot afford the co-pays and deductibles needed to be met to get said procedures.
A system where people have to choose between one life saving medication or another due to cost is inherently unjust.
Yes, people in the health care bureaucracy will need new jobs, but that can be handled and is part of the plans offered by both Sanders and Warren.
The current system, as Oliver put it, is a “shit sandwich”, while “Medicare for all who want it” is “still a shit sandwich, only with avocado on it because the same shit still remains.”

And finally, the most succinct point:

If you’re arguing against M4A, you’re arguing for all of the flaws and unfairness inherent in our current system and you need to own that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2XRg3dy9k&amp;feature=emb_logo

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/16/1919769/-John-Oliver-DESTROYED-every-argument-against-M4A-tonight?detail=emaildkre (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/16/1919769/-John-Oliver-DESTROYED-every-argument-against-M4A-tonight?detail=emaildkre)

rmt
02-17-2020, 06:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1NlK_c3ag

Reck
02-17-2020, 06:26 PM
Saw on CNN this morning w/Brooke Baldwin interviwing Sander's campaign manager/Weaver.

Is she still looking thick? Them thighs used to make me a CNN watcher. No more though.

Thread
02-17-2020, 06:49 PM
Is she still looking thick? Them thighs used to make me a CNN watcher. No more though.

Yep, & she shows 'em off once or twice a week. Backs away from the desk, crosses the legs so you get the entire spectacle.

Spurtacular
02-17-2020, 07:51 PM
John Oliver DESTROYED every argument against M4A tonight.
https://images.dailykos.com/images/767512/story_image/cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg?1581917237

Nobody knows what it will actually cost. Anyone saying otherwise is full of shit.
Most cost estimates come in at or below our nations current public and private sector combined health care spending, and even if it doesn’t end up that way, it’s worth it.
The idea of “choice” is an illusion. Most people have one choice: Whatever their employer offers them.
People often have no choice at all in emergencies but to go out-of-network — often even when they’ve gone out of their way to try to stay in network.
Under M4A, every provider is in network.
The “wait time” argument about other nations with nationalized healthcare that is currently a favorite of those opposed to M4A is basically bogus and based on non-emergency or elective procedures.
People wait ridiculous amounts of time *now* because they simply cannot afford the co-pays and deductibles needed to be met to get said procedures.
A system where people have to choose between one life saving medication or another due to cost is inherently unjust.
Yes, people in the health care bureaucracy will need new jobs, but that can be handled and is part of the plans offered by both Sanders and Warren.
The current system, as Oliver put it, is a “shit sandwich”, while “Medicare for all who want it” is “still a shit sandwich, only with avocado on it because the same shit still remains.”

And finally, the most succinct point:

If you’re arguing against M4A, you’re arguing for all of the flaws and unfairness inherent in our current system and you need to own that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2XRg3dy9k&amp;feature=emb_logo

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/16/1919769/-John-Oliver-DESTROYED-every-argument-against-M4A-tonight?detail=emaildkre (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/2/16/1919769/-John-Oliver-DESTROYED-every-argument-against-M4A-tonight?detail=emaildkre)

Video doesn't suck seven minutes in; but meh.

pgardn
02-17-2020, 08:43 PM

Trump makes it soo much easier.
He just blatantly lies.

spurraider21
02-17-2020, 08:53 PM
new, very favorable poll coming out of nevada

https://i.gyazo.com/ad6dc18d72248151404f32855bd2c54d.png

Reck
02-17-2020, 10:03 PM

Weird poll. Warren who is going down in flames along with Biden got a positive rebound. From where I wonder.

Will Hunting
02-17-2020, 10:08 PM
Weird poll. Warren who is going down in flames along with Biden got a positive rebound. From where I wonder.
Blacks and Hispanics most likely.

Its remarkable that Buttplugs and Klobuchars surging popularity with whites has not made one iota of a different in terms of support they’re getting from minorities.

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 12:41 PM
**Trigger Warning for Nathan89**

https://i.gyazo.com/d65577152d95bb1cfa4ea3c3ebc98c18.png

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 12:44 PM

no new polls out of nevada today, but they dropped the USA Today poll from their average for being too remote in time, so the spread between those 2 other polls now has Bernie +14 in Nevada

boutons_deux
02-18-2020, 01:37 PM
Will the Wealthy Class, aka The Oligarchy that owns and operates USA, on a 45-year win streak, destroy Bernie, the non-Wealthy class pol?

The Escalating Class War Against Bernie Sanders

https://uziiw38pmyg1ai60732c4011-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/dropzone/2020/02/7327379518_b0e48f1e30_z.jpg

Bernie Sanders is public enemy number one for power elites that thrive on economic injustice.

The Bernie 2020 campaign is a direct threat to the undemocratic leverage that extremely wealthy individuals and huge corporations constantly exert on the political process.

we’re now seeing so much anti-Bernie rage from leading corporate Democrats — eagerly amplified by corporate media.

hell hath no fury like corporate power scorned.

the Sanders campaign seeks to replace with genuine democracy —

disempowering great wealth and corporate heft while empowering everyday people to participate in a truly democratic process.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/18/the-escalating-class-war-against-bernie-sanders/ (https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/18/the-escalating-class-war-against-bernie-sanders/)

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 01:48 PM
bloomberg and even warren taking shots at mean bernie bros :lol

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 05:24 PM
NBC/WSJ just put out another national poll... similar story

https://i.gyazo.com/98c59662af2d24f18fbb2d22867afe48.png

https://i.gyazo.com/83be54864bedae852f7c7da2ac6640fe.png

Will Hunting
02-18-2020, 05:28 PM
NBC/WSJ just put out another national poll... similar story

https://i.gyazo.com/98c59662af2d24f18fbb2d22867afe48.png

https://i.gyazo.com/83be54864bedae852f7c7da2ac6640fe.png
There were also several polls I saw recently on figethirtyeight that just had hypothetical one on one matchups and all the ones with Bernie had him beating the other candidate by a wide margin.

Important as it dispensed the notion that Bernie is only winning because the other candidates are taking votes from each other.

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 05:36 PM
There were also several polls I saw recently on figethirtyeight that just had hypothetical one on one matchups and all the ones with Bernie had him beating the other candidate by a wide margin.

Important as it dispensed the notion that Bernie is only winning because the other candidates are taking votes from each other.
yeah, i think aarony pointed out something similar before. its an easy trap to fall into. i still do... i know the data reflects what you're saying but i still find it counterintuitive :lol

Reck
02-18-2020, 05:44 PM
no new polls out of nevada today, but they dropped the USA Today poll from their average for being too remote in time, so the spread between those 2 other polls now has Bernie +14 in Nevada

There are a pair of polls done by Univision and Telemundo that also have Bernie leading but not by the gross margin seem here. Also they only conducted it with the aim of latinos in mind.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1138181

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 05:59 PM
There are a pair of polls done by Univision and Telemundo that also have Bernie leading but not by the gross margin seem here. Also they only conducted it with the aim of latinos in mind.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1138181
yeah, that is exclusively polling hispanics, who make up about 17% of the state

biden is all-in on south carolina right now. he needs to crush it there.

Will Hunting
02-18-2020, 06:19 PM
yeah, that is exclusively polling hispanics, who make up about 17% of the state

biden is all-in on south carolina right now. he needs to crush it there.
The speech he gave after New Hampshire was hilarious:

”THERE’S STILL A BLACK AND HISPANIC VOTE AND IM STAYING IN THE RACE HOPING I CAN GET IT!!! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!!”

CosmicCowboy
02-19-2020, 06:27 AM
I think most of bernies rise has been warren backers switching as she falls. Bloomberg is starting to take votes from the others.

Ball Buster
02-19-2020, 07:05 AM
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1227272591972261888?s=21

boutons_deux
02-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Sanders surges into national lead in new Post-ABC poll

has surged nationally and now holds a sizable lead over all of his rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/RKD5JCSSWQI6VAGOG6UNIJTMBE.jpg&w=1440

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sanders-surges-into-national-lead-in-new-post-abc-poll/2020/02/19/868266a4-5280-11ea-929a-64efa7482a77_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sanders-surges-into-national-lead-in-new-post-abc-poll/2020/02/19/868266a4-5280-11ea-929a-64efa7482a77_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most)

boutons_deux
02-19-2020, 02:07 PM
Bernie Sanders and the Revenge of the Superdelegates

Unless Bernie Sanders wins enough delegates to capture the Democratic Party nomination on the first ballot,

he is not going to be the nominee.

The reason will be that the superdelegates–those same people who were his wrath in 2016–

will come back to deny him the nomination.

In 2020 there will be 3,979 delegates to the Democratic National Convention who will be selected as a result of primaries and caucuses.

To win the nomination one needs 1,991 delegates.

If Bernie Sanders does not get to this number by the first round,

the 771 Superdelegates will get to vote, and he will need 2,376 votes to win.

Fat chance!

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/19/bernie-sanders-and-the-revenge-of-the-superdelegates/ (https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/19/bernie-sanders-and-the-revenge-of-the-superdelegates/)

Millennial_Messiah
02-19-2020, 02:21 PM
:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow :wow

Breaking News: Bernie Expends Lead To An Even Ten, Bloomberg Virtually Tied With Joe Biden

https://i.imgur.com/aZyWw6C.jpg