PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Thunder - Feb. 11, 2020

timvp
02-12-2020, 04:36 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder-february-11-2020/

tl;dr: A win? :wow

szkorhetz
02-12-2020, 04:55 AM
Loved how Timmy is the first one to react to the Murray slam!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-12-2020, 05:38 AM
sniff sniff

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-12-2020, 05:45 AM
forbes is so abortional that i was clamoring for more marco tbh

MultiTroll
02-12-2020, 06:06 AM
Answering the bell 3Xs after Okc came back was encouraging.

acoelho1
02-12-2020, 07:13 AM
Murray’s talent has always been there despite his inconsistency. People need to realize how raw he was coming out of college but still has shown in flashes why the Spurs organization are so high on him. It didn’t help as well that he missed an entire year. I also think it’s not a coincidence that he’s had 2 of his better games with DDR sitting. This team is better without DeRozan because it allows Murray & White to be more aggressive.

tbdog
02-12-2020, 08:18 AM
This backcourt needs to happen more. Murray's jumper looks nice. It's slow but nice. White is a joy to watch when he is aggressive.

ragas
02-12-2020, 08:37 AM
So Murray was a bust yesterday, today he's a coming all star... and what about tomorrow? spurs fans show the same consistence like the players.

ZeusWillJudge
02-12-2020, 08:42 AM
"The Stretch Run". Classic! :lol

poopbox
02-12-2020, 08:51 AM
I wonder what the splits are for Dejounte playing aggressive vs Dejounte shoehorned into the DDR and LMA offense is...

It seems like whenever he can just be aggressively offensively he tends to play pretty good...

Problem is he can hardly be aggressive offensively...

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 08:51 AM
So glad that Murray is playing well, not just this game alone, but he has had a string of good games. Whatever happens the rest of the season, playing well is a confidence builder for the youngins. I saw White also play well in these highlights.

I think draft position is going to fluctuate and not vary too much at this point and in the end it's a random drawing. Whatever happens rest of the season I will be happy if it's on the back of the youngins playing well. That is basically the outcome any fan wants for the future.

Here are the highlights I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjrD8qHoi8

Edit: It was so depressing to see the corpse of Marco here. IMO Carroll could be playing his minutes easily.

John B
02-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the grades Timvp. I don’t agree on the C+ for Lonnie. His closeouts were excellent, it’s what’s missing with Demar playing. The Spurs were constantly switching, and especially crowding CP3. Lonnie reminds me of Bowen how he crowds his man and it works perfectly distrupting their rythm. It’s been mentioned that having no Demar was an addition by substraction which was true. The ball kept moving and forced Murray/White to be aggressive. Moreover, Demar often has negative vibes, always complaining. Last night, guys just played. Although Lyles did complain and got the T, but it’s okay. He was being aggressive, and he’s getting more comfortable out there as someone Spurs rely for some offense. He is very quick on his feet when attacking the ring, and occassionally leaves his big man behind. This is a good moral victory. This team can play, but better yet they need to learn how to vlose which is what they did last night. At this point, I rather see QW than Marco tbh.

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the grades Timvp. I don’t agree on the C+ for Lonnie. His closeouts were excellent, it’s what’s missing with Demar playing. The Spurs were constantly switching, and especially crowding CP3. Lonnie reminds me of Bowen how he crowds his man and it works perfectly distrupting their rythm. It’s been mentioned that having no Demar was an addition by substraction which was true. The ball kept moving and forced Murray/White to be aggressive. Moreover, Demar often has negative vibes, always complaining. Last night, guys just played. Although Lyles did complain and got the T, but it’s okay. He was being aggressive, and he’s getting more comfortable out there as someone Spurs rely for some offense. He is very quick on his feet when attacking the ring, and occassionally leaves his big man behind. This is a good moral victory. This team can play, but better yet they need to learn how to vlose which is what they did last night. At this point, I rather see QW than Marco tbh.
Good post. In the highlights I watched there is a sequence showing exactly what you describe with Lonnie. He stayed with his man the entire time. I specially agree with you on Marco.

John B
02-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Playing more White/Murray than Demar was a pleasant change. It also forced these two to be better, aggressive, make that leap to the next level, likewise Lonnie. To S&T Demar for a true 3andD should be Spurs’ goal this season. It’s obvious, missing Demar was an addition by subtraction

Darius Bieber
02-12-2020, 09:09 AM
I thought Cleveland is the other team to not have any representation either during All Star Weekend? Or are the Spurs truly the only team in the NBA without anyone going to any event at All Star Weekend?

YoungbuckMurray
02-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Why is Poetl playing so little?

Spurs Homer
02-12-2020, 10:14 AM
mins played:

Forbes = 21
White = 28
Murray =27
Walker =25
Beli = 16

Great coaching?

or common sense?

ragas
02-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Why is Poetl playing so little?

RFA

John B
02-12-2020, 10:58 AM
mins played:

Forbes = 21
White = 28
Murray =27
Walker =25
Beli = 16

Great coaching?

or common sense?
This should be the minutes every night tbh, with Demar taking that Beli minutes and some of Forbes’

Spurs Homer
02-12-2020, 11:03 AM
This should be the minutes every night tbh, with Demar taking that Beli minutes and some of Forbes’

yup

LW could start in place of Forbes - as LMA and DDR are more than enough scoring for the 1st unit -

Murray
White
Walker
DDR
LMA

done.

rjv
02-12-2020, 11:36 AM
Loved how Timmy is the first one to react to the Murray slam!

what was great about timmy's reaction was that he knew it was coming; he was already getting out of his seat before murray slammed it down.

rjv
02-12-2020, 11:40 AM
agree on the assessment on murray. i don't know if it's just feeling more confident about his knee, or a different approach, or a talk he had with the coaching staff, but he has shown, over the course of this rodeo trip all of the tools that you want to see in a point guard. if this is what they can consistently get out of murray, the spurs won't have to concern themselves with the PG spot.

Seventyniner
02-12-2020, 01:15 PM
Man those rims were mic'd up. I can't stand that.

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2020, 01:57 PM
mins played:

Forbes = 21
White = 28
Murray =27
Walker =25
Beli = 16

Great coaching?

or common sense?

an accident

spurs10
02-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the grades on this much needed win! Bizarre we are the only team with no representation at the AS weekend. Maybe we can be rested and be pissed off upon our return. The ship to the the playoffs has set sail, but it will be nice to see some of the young guys play more.

EasyMoney
02-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Why is pop so hesitant on playing players 30 minutes? I swear I feel like dj and Derrick have only played 30 minutes like 1 or 2 times this season.

UZER
02-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Why is pop so hesitant on playing players 30 minutes? I swear I feel like dj and Derrick have only played 30 minutes like 1 or 2 times this season.

At first it was extending old guys careers. Now he treats young guys like old guys because, well that’s just Pop and he doesn’t have to answer to anybody.

It’s all just so old and tired. He just needs to go away already.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 05:02 PM

Nah, I would rather give a couple more minutes to White/Murray and split the Bryn/Marco minutes between Dumbmar and Patty, with Patty getting the lion's share and Dumbmar getting his against second units.

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2020, 06:13 PM

after effect of 2014 where every player on the entire roster played under 30 minutes per game. 2014 fucked Pop up for life. It made him more arrogant and stubborn than ever

emanueldavidginobili
02-12-2020, 08:20 PM
Spurs are literally the only team in the entire NBA with only three players averaging 25 MPG or more and one of them are Bryn Fucking Forbes :lol