PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The Official Suck Kobe's Dick One Last Time All-Star Weekend Thread

Spurtacular
02-15-2020, 07:34 PM
Since, it's not 2019 and we're just calling it what it is....

Bynumite
02-15-2020, 07:51 PM
:cry The integrity of the game :cry

DMC
02-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Silver squeezing out the last dime from this shitty event using the ghost of Kobe.

Benoit
02-15-2020, 07:55 PM
Fitting that they named the ASG MVP after him but not the league MVP

ONE (1) in your prime is pathetic

ducks
02-15-2020, 11:03 PM
So when mj dies what are they going to do
Regular season mvp award for him ?

ducks
02-15-2020, 11:04 PM
What about when David Robinson dies ?

UZER
02-15-2020, 11:19 PM

When David dies, Kenny Smith will make sure TNT show those same two Hakeem vs David highlights from the ‘95 series.

daslicer
02-15-2020, 11:52 PM
When David dies, Kenny Smith will make sure TNT show those same two Hakeem vs David highlights from the ‘95 series.

Yes pretty much that's unfortunately what David is know for today.

ElNono
02-15-2020, 11:58 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3pcoh0.jpg

UZER
02-16-2020, 12:07 AM
Yes pretty much that's unfortunately what David is know for today.

Seriously though, Kenny Smith has pretty much single handily done this being on TNT and showing those same 2 highlights for 20 years just because he played with Hakeem.

daslicer
02-16-2020, 12:20 AM
Seriously though, Kenny Smith has pretty much single handily done this being on TNT and showing those same 2 highlights for 20 years just because he played with Hakeem.

Kenny has done the most for Hakeem's legacy. He's promoted him every year with those highlights and telling his annual David-Hakeem story. Kenny "David got the MVP trophy and then Hakeem pulled me over and said Kenny that is my trophy." I find interesting how Hakeem recently said in an interview that he never said anything when Dave got the MVP trophy. Kenny just made that shit up.

Anyways if Kenny didn't promote Hakeem the way he did I don't think very few people would know who he is outside of hardcore basketball fans.

UZER
02-16-2020, 12:46 AM
Kenny has done the most for Hakeem's legacy. He's promoted him every year with those highlights and telling his annual David-Hakeem story. Kenny "David got the MVP trophy and then Hakeem pulled me over and said Kenny that is my trophy." I find interesting how Hakeem recently said in an interview that he never said anything when Dave got the MVP trophy. Kenny just made that shit up.

Anyways if Kenny didn't promote Hakeem the way he did I don't think very few people would know who he is outside of hardcore basketball fans.

Truth

lefty
02-16-2020, 06:06 AM

Yeah doesn’t sound like Hakeem tbh

LkrFan
02-16-2020, 06:27 AM

:lol

Mark Celibate
02-16-2020, 09:37 AM

nobody will care

apalisoc_9
02-16-2020, 10:22 AM
If kobe died at 60 years old..No one would really care.

You have to consider dude died only a few years after retirement.

But I already know how OP feels everytime a Black Man is given dserved attention and praise.

TimmyBuckets
02-16-2020, 11:02 AM
Useless award named after useless rapist. Keep gargling ST lol

DMC
02-16-2020, 12:08 PM

But I already know how OP feels everytime a Black Man is given dserved attention and praise.

Pinoy dickriding the blacks now. It must suck to be a pigmy sized porker from a 3rd world country.

apalisoc_9
02-16-2020, 03:07 PM
Pinoy dickriding the blacks now. It must suck to be a pigmy sized porker from a 3rd world country.

take those dicks out of your mouth you fat homo.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 03:46 PM

How does Kobe deserve it?

For the rape? Being a terrible teammate? Being a Michael Jordan wannabe? Elbowing other star players? Getting ghost calls for rings? Being one of the best 1B's in history? Dying in an ill-equipped helicopter?

You won't even answer, safe space poster. Stop acting up, bitch.

apalisoc_9
02-16-2020, 06:02 PM
never proven he raped. No teamate spoke ill of him since he retired.

But stay hating fags.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 06:21 PM
never proven he raped. No teamate spoke ill of him since he retired.

But stay hating fags.

Many millions spent to keep all that under wraps.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 08:35 PM
:lol Where'd they get that screeching crack whore to sing the national anthem?

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 08:49 PM
Chicago....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K8Qz68pjzk

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 09:21 PM
Didn't think CP could get up any more, tbh.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 09:35 PM
Kawhi wants that Kobe Stat Stuffer Trophy.

DMC
02-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Kawhi will have to sit out the next ASG with back spasms.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 09:48 PM
They should have at least done fifteen minute quarters to make up for the shortened fourth quarter. Thanks, Kobe.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 10:38 PM
23 3FG Westbrick taking the three in a close game. :lol

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 10:59 PM
Harden choking. Same ole.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:03 PM
Taking charges in an all-star game. Lowry is cheesy.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Mark Davis didn't get the memo that Team Lebron is supposed to get the calls.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:19 PM
Old Lebron couldn't flush that down. :lol

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:21 PM
:lol Lebron thinking he's Curry.

Laker_1995
02-16-2020, 11:22 PM
Lowry is a bitch ahahaha love it

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:22 PM
:lol Lowry baiting Harden into that o-foul.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:26 PM
Team Lebron would've won a long time ago if they hadn't featured Lebron at the top over and over.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:29 PM
:lol Game gonna be won a FT that comes with a mulligan.

Chucho
02-16-2020, 11:31 PM
Kobe dead, not Duncan.

No one wanted to play with that piece of garbage the last three or four years he was shitting on the LA franchise. He was a shitty team mate, an adulterer and he forced himself on women, at best. At worst, he's a rapist. Since he's a Catholic, he's in Hell by his own beliefs. He overachieved in the Catholic afterlife, tbh.

All the Kobe dick riders acting like willing Colorado Hotel trash. Actin like a dude who wouldn't piss on yall if yall was burning at his feet paid y'all's rent or some shit.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:32 PM
They should have the And-One Bonus if they're gonna do TBT target score format, tbh.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:34 PM
:lol Anthony Davis pretending he missed the first FT on purpose.
:lol What a deuche.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:35 PM
:lol Harden didn't want to take the bunny for the game winner.

Laker_1995
02-16-2020, 11:38 PM
Kobe dead, not Duncan.

No one wanted to play with that piece of garbage the last three or four years he was shitting on the LA franchise. He was a shitty team mate, an adulterer and he forced himself on women, at best. At worst, he's a rapist. Since he's a Catholic, he's in Hell by his own beliefs. He overachieved in the Catholic afterlife, tbh.

All the Kobe dick riders acting like willing Colorado Hotel trash. Actin like a dude who wouldn't piss on yall if yall was burning at his feet paid y'all's rent or some shit.

you waited to long to post this bitch ass nugga. Or maybe you wanted to get attention?

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:41 PM
CP made way more big plays/shots. Kawhi's pts were in garbage time.

Wrong MVP selection; but NBA marketing wins out always.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:43 PM
Lebron and his buddy Chris Paul along with Davis FROZE OUT KAWHI, it was SHAMEFUL.

Lebron is old and slow. He'd have been happy if Harden or Kawhi stepped up. But neither did.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:44 PM
Earvin Johnson praising Stern. He should; that dude padded his pocket and put xtra rings on his fingers.

Spurtacular
02-16-2020, 11:48 PM
TNT cutting off Earvin's Kobe eulogy for commercials. Fitting tribute!

Chucho
02-17-2020, 12:12 AM
you waited to long to post this bitch ass nugga. Or maybe you wanted to get attention?

I posted Kobe hate the day he died. He's a piece of shit, probably the second biggest fraud athlete behind that white dude manipulating stupid black folk into thinking he's a civil rights martyr while he sells those same stupid black folk ugly sneakers marked up 5000% and manufactured by modern day slaves who have a ghastly mortality rate making those shoes for 1st world psuedo-victims.

Kobe was an unlikeable piece of shit his last 3-4 years in the league. NO ONE wanted to play with him. FACT. What changed? Just media narrative.

Objectively, at best, Kobe was an adulterer who was a massive dick to his team mates, beyond his obvious egomania.

Objectively, at worst he was a traitor, rapist, unlikeable prick that sank the most marketable NBA franchise for damn near a decade. He ran off the reason he is even considered a Top Ten Player instead of the fringe Top 50 Player he is like TMac and Vince Carter. He's a megalomaniac and selfish, hence he being the all time leader in bricks.

Fuck him. Sorry some dead dude's dick leaves a likeable flavor in your mouth. He's dead. Your position in life is no different with him alive or dead.

Laker_1995
02-17-2020, 12:14 AM
I posted Kobe hate the day he died. He's a piece of shit, probably the second biggest fraud athlete behind that white dude manipulating stupid black folk into thinking he's a civil rights martyr while he sells those same stupid black folk ugly sneakers marked up 5000% and manufactured by modern day slaves who have a ghastly mortality rate making those shoes for 1st world psuedo-victims.

Kobe was an unlikeable piece of shit his last 3-4 years in the league. NO ONE wanted to play with him. FACT. What changed? Just media narrative.

Objectively, at best, Kobe was an adulterer who was a massive dick to his team mates, beyond his obvious egomania.

Objectively, at worst he was a traitor, rapist, unlikeable prick that sank the most marketable NBA franchise for damn near a decade. He ran off the reason he is even considered a Top Ten Player instead of the fringe Top 50 Player he is like TMac and Vince Carter. He's a megalomaniac and selfish, hence he being the all time leader in bricks.

Fuck him. Sorry some dead dude's dick leaves a likeable flavor in your mouth. He's dead. Your position in life is no different with him alive or dead.

You a sad little boy. Lol. The amount of effort and hate you have maybe he did mean something to you. Gotta love internet thugs

Chucho
02-17-2020, 12:24 AM
You a sad little boy. Lol. The amount of effort and hate you have maybe he did mean something to you. Gotta love internet thugs

What's "internet thug" about that?

Sorry a stranger's comments about someone you never met hurt your feelings. He's a piece of shit. You idolize him. You hate the fact I'm shitting on a piece of trash you idolized. What am I missing here? Nothing.

Spurtacular
02-17-2020, 03:28 AM

Chucho is crusty AF, but I can't necessarily disagree with what he is saying. I'd like to think Kobe became a better person; but I think he was a megalomaniac at the end of the day.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-17-2020, 08:36 AM

:lol glad some people haven't forgotten

Laker_1995
02-17-2020, 09:42 AM
What's "internet thug" about that?

Sorry a stranger's comments about someone you never met hurt your feelings. He's a piece of shit. You idolize him. You hate the fact I'm shitting on a piece of trash you idolized. What am I missing here? Nothing.

I say that because you’re saying stuff you would never say out in public to people who care about Kobe or to random people in general. I never said Kobe was perfect. He had flaws and made horrible mistakes that should never be forgottten. People fuck up everyday whether it be stealing a candy bar or raping or killing somebody. Humans are not perfect and to be this critical and bash another mans death just because of mistakes he made before is kinda sad to me. I get it though he’s a basketball player and plus it’s Kobe who many people Hated to begin with but idk seems like many people were waiting for him to die before bashing the guy. If Kobe raped 100% then he deserved any punishment as any non famous person would get. But the way he died in such a tragic way with his daughter and other families is sad and for people to say “ oh well it’s fine he’s a rapist” is kinda lame to me. But do you bro. All love

TimDunkem
02-17-2020, 09:45 AM
I say that because you’re saying stuff you would never say out in public to people who care about Kobe or to random people in general. I never said Kobe was perfect. He had flaws and made horrible mistakes that should never be forgottten. People fuck up everyday whether it be stealing a candy bar or raping or killing somebody. Humans are not perfect and to be this critical and bash another mans death just because of mistakes he made before is kinda sad to me. I get it though he’s a basketball player and plus it’s Kobe who many people Hated to begin with but idk seems like many people were waiting for him to die before bashing the guy. If Kobe raped 100% then he deserved any punishment as any non famous person would get. But the way he died in such a tragic way with his daughter and other families is sad and for people to say “ oh well it’s fine he’s a rapist” is kinda lame to me. But do you bro. All love

Kobe hurt him and his team. That pain still sits with him. It's more than a game to Chucho.

LkrFan
02-17-2020, 10:43 AM
Since, it's not 2019 and we're just calling it what it is....

If Jim died do you think the NBA does the same for him?

DMC
02-17-2020, 12:10 PM
There's some underrated ethering up in here.

whitemamba
02-17-2020, 12:37 PM

when i see shit like this on the world wide web, makes me wonder if we need doctors to be cruising sites looking for red flags. This guy strikes me as someone who would go to a rally where they are marching with tiki sticks on fire. Get yourself some help man, sounds like you need it.

when i see stuff like this post on the web, makes me wonder if we should have mental health professionals monitoring these sites for red flags. Chucho strikes me as someone who would do some dumb shit. Sounds like you need some help bud, you sound pretty fucked up.

DMC
02-17-2020, 02:28 PM
Chucho is crusty AF, but I can't necessarily disagree with what he is saying. I'd like to think Kobe became a better person; but I think he was a megalomaniac at the end of the day.

Oh he did

Chucho
02-17-2020, 04:18 PM

I've said the same shit in public.

Sorry, he was a rotten person when he was alive, he was a rotten person during the time people are having fond memories of him.

Chucho
02-17-2020, 04:20 PM
when i see stuff like this post on the web, makes me wonder if we should have mental health professionals monitoring these sites for red flags. Chucho strikes me as someone who would do some dumb shit. Sounds like you need some help bud, you sound pretty fucked up.

You can't even post quotes properly. You're upset that I shit on someone you blow.

Chucho
02-17-2020, 04:21 PM
Kobe hurt him and his team. That pain still sits with him. It's more than a game to Chucho.

Says the dude who spends all his time upstairs complaining and bitching about everything Spurs. The pain is real with you, sweetie.

Chucho
02-17-2020, 04:23 PM
There's some underrated ethering up in here.

Buncha cocksuckers up in here being necrophialiacs with some dead dude's dick still in their mouths.

Laker_1995
02-17-2020, 04:31 PM

Sorry, he was a rotten person when he was alive, he was a rotten person during the time people are having fond memories of him.

lmao. Get help

Spurtacular
02-17-2020, 05:07 PM

Who?

whitemamba
02-17-2020, 08:28 PM
You can't even post quotes properly. You're upset that I shit on someone you blow.

go get a health check up, or pull the trigger and advance society by ridding us of you, either way you win.

daslicer
02-17-2020, 08:33 PM
Says the dude who spends all his time upstairs complaining and bitching about everything Spurs. The pain is real with you, sweetie.

:lol agreed.

daslicer
02-17-2020, 08:35 PM

We'll get a statue of him in SA.

LkrFan
02-17-2020, 09:01 PM
Who?

Jim. The only future HOF player with a tramp stamp in NBA history :lol

Spurtacular
02-17-2020, 09:18 PM

Sorry, I don't know a Jim. It's unfortunate that the convo stalls here. Perhaps, that's what you want.

TimDunkem
02-17-2020, 10:08 PM

You're pissing on a dead man because he made baskets against your team. Your anger is duly noted though.

Spurtacular
02-18-2020, 03:01 AM
I missed the dunk contest and the three-point shooting contest. Just watching the former now.

:lol Dwight Howard in another dunk contest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsL7pjxko7Q

Spurtacular
02-18-2020, 03:31 AM
Basically, Dwyanne Wade was allowed to screw Aaron Gordon out of the crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRw9DB5bN5s

Spurtacular
02-18-2020, 03:52 AM
I like the changes to the three-point contest. Bertans would've won if he went last. I think he needs that number to shoot for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G32Em_VgCXg

UZER
02-18-2020, 08:23 AM
Basically, Dwyanne Wade was allowed to screw Aaron Gordon out of the crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRw9DB5bN5s

It could’ve been worse. He could’ve screwed Aaron Gordon out of being a boy.

Laker_1995
02-18-2020, 08:41 AM

Ahhh. You a fool lmao

DMC
02-18-2020, 07:24 PM

Not technically true. Taylor Swift who was raised the rafters in the Clippers Arena, probably has a tramp stamp as well.

LkrFan
02-18-2020, 08:40 PM
Not technically true. Taylor Swift who was raised the rafters in the Clippers Arena, probably has a tramp stamp as well.

Nice :lol

Spurtacular
02-18-2020, 09:16 PM

Seriously, Wade should have recused himself. He was obviously biased for the Miami player.

Spurtacular
02-20-2020, 10:28 PM
At first, I thought the title meant the other definition of fixed. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz1UscETqjo

phxspurfan
02-24-2020, 06:48 PM
ATTENTION: More Kobe dick sucking today. Please attend and suck his dick some more. Thanks, Hollywood and The Media

DMC
02-24-2020, 08:46 PM
I thought today "how long would Kobe want people to mourn him before getting on with it?" and it instantly came to me "forever". We're talking about the most selfish person to ever suit up.

basquetbol
02-24-2020, 09:05 PM
When the news played pieces of the cholita's speech, I did not feel one ounce of compassion for that cunt.

Chucho
02-24-2020, 09:23 PM
2 weeks later and he prolly still got enoug rigor mortis for his dick riders and kickers. Good riddance.

daslicer
02-24-2020, 09:30 PM
When the news played pieces of the cholita's speech, I did not feel one ounce of compassion for that cunt.

Something about her seemed fake. That's the vibe I got from hearing her talk.

Kool Bob Love
02-24-2020, 09:41 PM

One way or another she was gonna take half his shit. She won.

daslicer
02-24-2020, 09:44 PM
One way or another she was gonna take half his shit. She won.

Agreed. She tried to divorce him twice.

phxspurfan
02-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Shaq seriously just compared he and Kobe to John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

daslicer
02-24-2020, 09:56 PM
Shaq seriously just compared he and Kobe to John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

I laughed at that.

Laker_1995
02-24-2020, 10:24 PM
ATTENTION: More Kobe dick sucking today. Please attend and suck his dick some more. Thanks, Hollywood and The Media

Good thing TD and Derozan were in attendance to suck it a little more lol

Spurtacular
02-25-2020, 12:30 AM

Say what you will about Karl Malone, I always thought it was a bitch move that she threw him under the bus.

Dude came to LA to get Beta Kobe a ring and she's doing that sh**.

daslicer
02-25-2020, 12:34 AM
Say what you will about Karl Malone, I always thought it was a bitch move that she threw him under the bus.

Dude came to LA to get Beta Kobe a ring and she's doing that sh**.

I agree.

Spurtacular
02-25-2020, 01:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=halm_2F-OUk

Chris Fall
02-25-2020, 11:51 AM
Curious, seems like the only ones trying to stay riding his dead dick are the ones claiming hate for him.

The Gemini Method
02-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Curious, seems like the only ones trying to stay riding his dead dick are the ones claiming hate for him. Dude is riding it like he's trying to get clicks on PornHub.

Mark Celibate
02-25-2020, 08:08 PM

This just reeks of sour grapes tbh. And I have no dog in this fight. I'm not a Laker fan and was never a big time Kobe fan or hater

I'll never believe that the rape accusation was legit, so I don't even think about that when it comes to his character. Outside of that, what exactly is it that makes him a rotten person? He was a big meanie head to Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? Boo fucking hoo. It's a two way street. He's a hyper competitor and Parker/Brown are known bums. Smush says that Kobe used to give him the cold shoulder but it's possible Parker was slacking off which pissed him off.

:lol I always think it's funny when guys point fingers at Type A type athletes like Kobe who get mad when their teammates half-a$$ it day in and day out. You're telling me you'd be ok with some co-worker dicking around all day and making your team in the workplace look bad? Listen to the no-nonsense guys like Barnes, Stephen Jackson, Metta World Peace, MJ, etc. They all love him and look at how many people he's mentored over the years. Shaq's also remained a close friend to him.

DMC
02-25-2020, 09:46 PM
Kobe was self absorbed. His competitiveness was for Kobe to win, not for his team to win. He'd often take an L and a good stat line over a W and a lower stat line. Once he lost the franchise players from other teams, he didn't do anything to help his team, and was basically the catalyst for their 6 year hiatus from being competitive. It took Lebron James and Anthony Davis, two of the top 5 players in the NBA, to rescue the Lakers from their Kobe infection. Kobe was so selfish that no other decent player wanted anything to do with him. So if you're going to talk about his competitiveness, qualify it by saying it wasn't about his team unless his team could help him win. Let's not revise history.

As far as his personal life - I don't buy the rape allegations either, but his wife was pregnant and he was in Colorado fucking a skank with tres leches in her twat. His wife miscarried, likely due to the stress of going through her husband's rape ordeal. He subsequently lost to the Pistons in a series that saw him play some of the most selfish ball he's ever played. It led to Shaq leaving.

So I cannot imagine Kobe as a giving person, unless there's something in it for him like a camera filming it.

DMC
02-25-2020, 09:51 PM
And :lol at Shaq being his friend. Shaq couldn't even recall the last time they spoke, and it happened to be on a set. These other people who stood up for him would stand up for anyone.

daslicer
02-25-2020, 09:54 PM
And :lol at Shaq being his friend. Shaq couldn't even recall the last time they spoke, and it happened to be on a set. These other people who stood up for him would stand up for anyone.

Agreed. They were never friends and their alleged friendship was just for the cameras.

Mark Celibate
02-25-2020, 10:26 PM
Kobe was self absorbed. His competitiveness was for Kobe to win, not for his team to win. He'd often take an L and a good stat line over a W and a lower stat line. Once he lost the franchise players from other teams, he didn't do anything to help his team, and was basically the catalyst for their 6 year hiatus from being competitive. It took Lebron James and Anthony Davis, two of the top 5 players in the NBA, to rescue the Lakers from their Kobe infection. Kobe was so selfish that no other decent player wanted anything to do with him. So if you're going to talk about his competitiveness, qualify it by saying it wasn't about his team unless his team could help him win. Let's not revise history.

As far as his personal life - I don't buy the rape allegations either, but his wife was pregnant and he was in Colorado fucking a skank with tres leches in her twat. His wife miscarried, likely due to the stress of going through her husband's rape ordeal. He subsequently lost to the Pistons in a series that saw him play some of the most selfish ball he's ever played. It led to Shaq leaving.

So I cannot imagine Kobe as a giving person, unless there's something in it for him like a camera filming it.

I can't argue with this. I'll admit that Kobe wasn't the best teammate, I was just trying to illustrate that it doesn't necessarily translate to him being a "rotten person" like Chucho stated. My point that I was trying to make (probably could've stated it better) was that all the criticism was for on the court antics, and that his track record off the court is nothing compared to some of these other a$$holes. My opinion on Kobe is overall neutral. I'm not going to sit here and be a bootlicker just because he died, but I also find it laughable how some Spur fans act like this guy is up there with Satan and Jason "nut punching" Terry (never forget :cry) in terms of how bad he is as a person

Mark Celibate
02-25-2020, 10:29 PM

Shaq had a relationship with Kobe's kids and vice versa. I would say that qualifies as some sort of friendship

DMC
02-25-2020, 11:08 PM
Shaq had a relationship with Kobe's kids and vice versa. I would say that qualifies as some sort of friendship

Sure, they were acquainted. Shaq made 1000x more of it after Kobe's death than either did before the death. Shaq's tears seemed to be mostly guilt from not getting closer, and he said as much. They supposedly buried the hatchet, but neither of them really has the ability to forgive, especially Kobe. He'd still brag about having more than Shaq, and that's something Tim would never do to David or anyone else he played with, not seriously.

DMC
02-25-2020, 11:10 PM
I can't argue with this. I'll admit that Kobe wasn't the best teammate, I was just trying to illustrate that it doesn't necessarily translate to him being a "rotten person" like Chucho stated. My point that I was trying to make (probably could've stated it better) was that all the criticism was for on the court antics, and that his track record off the court is nothing compared to some of these other a$$holes. My opinion on Kobe is overall neutral. I'm not going to sit here and be a bootlicker just because he died, but I also find it laughable how some Spur fans act like this guy is up there with Satan and Jason "nut punching" Terry (never forget :cry) in terms of how bad he is as a person

I think the guy was a genius for someone who didn't go to college. I found him wicked smaaaaht and driven, and his selfishness probably kept him from having a crew that bilked him for everything. I think he was brand competitive, not NBA competitive. Sure, the two are related and he was a force, but he had to be in order to build a brand. He was willing to sacrifice team success for brand success, and he illustrated that time and again. I think that was wise.

Spurtacular
02-26-2020, 01:28 AM
Sure, they were acquainted. Shaq made 1000x more of it after Kobe's death than either did before the death. Shaq's tears seemed to be mostly guilt from not getting closer, and he said as much. They supposedly buried the hatchet, but neither of them really has the ability to forgive, especially Kobe. He'd still brag about having more than Shaq, and that's something Tim would never do to David or anyone else he played with, not seriously.

They "made up" for marketing purposes. Shaq lies about a lot of that sh** like the media didn't know that they were really tight. No, they hated each other, and Kobe drove Shaq out of town by giving the team a me or him ultimatum. Given that Shaq was older and overweight and Kobe was prime and marketable, it wasn't a hard decision. As it is, someone got to them and told them that being petty was bad for business, so they publicly made up in Shaq's second year with the Heat. And then they weren't anything. Shaq went to Kobe's last game, again for marketing purposes. Then he never saw him again.

Maybe the animosity dissipated with time; but they were not good buddies really ever. Closest I can think is Shaq praising Kobe for a couple big games in the playoffs where he himself had been contained and someone had to step up.

UZER
02-26-2020, 08:01 AM
They "made up" for marketing purposes. Shaq lies about a lot of that sh** like the media didn't know that they were really tight. No, they hated each other, and Kobe drove Shaq out of town by giving the team a me or him ultimatum. Given that Shaq was older and overweight and Kobe was prime and marketable, it wasn't a hard decision. As it is, someone got to them and told them that being petty was bad for business, so they publicly made up in Shaq's second year with the Heat. And then they weren't anything. Shaq went to Kobe's last game, again for marketing purposes. Then he never saw him again.

Maybe the animosity dissipated with time; but they were not good buddies really ever. Closest I can think is Shaq praising Kobe for a couple big games in the playoffs where he himself had been contained and someone had to step up.

Yeah they weren’t friends. One of the worst things of all of this is Shaq trying to retcon their relationship in front of millions of people with no one to push back because of the tragedy. He’s always been a bully and bullied this lie on the set of TNT with his “I don’t ever want to hear anyone ever question or relationship again” in an aggressive tone. He said that not from truth, but from extreme guilt.

Kobe and Shaq were cordial. That’s it. They’re kids liked each of them. Of course they did. The feud was between them, not the kids.

Chucho
02-26-2020, 12:28 PM
Shaq makes himself almost impossible to like.