PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Talks Takeover

emmo
02-18-2020, 09:05 PM
https://imgur.com/TVJTYKD
That emojis are interesting.

Edit: I obviously don’t know how to post an image. “Rookie” here. Hang tight.

MultiTroll
02-18-2020, 09:23 PM
https://imgur.com/TVJTYKD
That 蘿 is interesting.

Edit: I obviously don’t know how to post an image. “Rookie” here. Hang tight.
Yes the 3 emoticons say a lot. Def interesting.

Whose Imgur Instagram page is this? Is DJ responding to someone elses post?

MannyIsGod
02-18-2020, 09:28 PM
Damn. I usually think people read too much into the social media stuff but damn. Assumign that's Lonnie's IG?

Genovaswitness
02-18-2020, 09:28 PM
Lol. Right!? Click link and get off my lawn. It’s off Lonnie’s IG story. I think it’s interesting and I’m a sniffer.
Thats lonnies IG

Fuck senile poop. Glad the players are recognizing it too

emmo
02-18-2020, 09:30 PM
Dam Grandpa

Lol, right!? Just click the damn link and get off my lawn. It’s off Lonnie’s IG story. I think it’s interesting considering and I’m a sniffer even.

emmo
02-18-2020, 09:31 PM
Damn. I usually think people read too much into the social media stuff but damn. Assumign that's Lonnie's IG?

Me too. I usually wouldn’t consider posting this shite.

emmo
02-18-2020, 09:32 PM
To be clear, this is off Lonnie’s IG. Sorry for the shitty posting skills.

MultiTroll
02-18-2020, 09:36 PM
Wonder how DJ, Lonnie and White get a long with Bryn Bryn off the court?
Not that it's Pet Bryns fault just asking.
Same with Pattycake. Altho being back in an off the bench role is soo much better then his idiotic starting PG role. Nonetheless same Q.

Sugus
02-18-2020, 09:41 PM
Lol, it's been obvious for some time now that Pop has been holding the young players back, but this is next level... What could Dejounte's "OPPORTUNITY" allude to? Pop leaving and another coach taking the reigns? Or the Spurs being eliminated from PO contention, thus playing their youngsters with more freedom? Or something else entirely? Definitely not smoke. This is getting spicy tbh...

spurraider21
02-18-2020, 09:51 PM
:cry they need to get over themselves

ChumpDumper
02-18-2020, 10:08 PM
DJ hasn't had any opportunities?

Or is this just about Lonnie?

Genovaswitness
02-18-2020, 10:09 PM
DJ hasn't had any opportunities?

Or is this just about Lonnie?

opportunities together as a young unit I imagine

DPG21920
02-18-2020, 11:02 PM
I would not read into this one as bashing Pop.

I think they see a lot of fans talking poorly about them in particular and the team with the losing record. They are young and hungry and both know it’s a process. They want to play together more, but I think this is more about the fans who bash DJ (a lot of them) and the ones that say Lonnie sucks and isn’t playing due to his issues (way more than you would expect).

RC_Drunkford
02-18-2020, 11:07 PM
I would not read into this one as bashing Pop.

I think they see a lot of fans talking poorly about them in particular and the team with the losing record. They are young and hungry and both know it’s a process. They want to play together more, but I think this is more about the fans who bash DJ (a lot of them) and the ones that say Lonnie sucks and isn’t playing due to his issues (way more than you would expect).

no this is about Flopovich telling them to not shoot jump shots and instead pass out to Bryn Forbes

r0drig0lac
02-18-2020, 11:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/TVJTYKD.jpg

the leader

DPG21920
02-18-2020, 11:30 PM
I think it’s about people talking trash like the youth isn’t special and won’t amount to anything if put up against the best in the league.

MultiTroll
02-18-2020, 11:38 PM
I think it’s about people talking trash like the youth isn’t special and won’t amount to anything if put up against the best in the league.
Oh. Ok.

So what's the middle icon represent (to you)?

DPG21920
02-18-2020, 11:39 PM
Oh. Ok.

So what's the middle icon represent (to you)?

Shrug as in “they dont know”

MultiTroll
02-18-2020, 11:42 PM
Shrug as in “they dont know”
And what are you claiming it is they "don't know"?

DPG21920
02-19-2020, 01:46 AM
And what are you claiming it is they "don't know"?

I’m not claiming anything. I get the sense they feel “ they don’t know” means people don’t know their talent and ceiling.

XDT76
02-19-2020, 02:04 AM
Seems like Murray is close to Lonnie and White

daslicer
02-19-2020, 02:20 AM
Seems like Murray is close to Lonnie and White

I think they would be since they are about the same age and also going through the same adversity when it comes to dealing with Pop.

John B
02-19-2020, 02:22 AM
I'm sure Lonnie and Murray (idk about White) are perplexed about their limited minutes. It's natural when one's competitive and believe he can contribute if given the opportunity. I wouldn't read more to this.

XDT76
02-19-2020, 03:10 AM
I think they would be since they are about the same age and also going through the same adversity when it comes to dealing with Pop.

They were all very unlucky to be injured last year pre-season. If they had stayed healthy probably Forbes wouldn't had "Established" himself as a starter.

DJR210
02-19-2020, 03:25 AM
Pop tried to neuter a "young" Manu.. and Manu told Pop to sit the fuck down, trust him, and let him do what he does. In return he did tone down some of the behind the back dribble into a behind the back pass when the team is down and trying to mount a comeback, but the difference between these two types of player couldn't be further apart. One of these youngsters is gonna have to grow some balls, be assertive, and chill w/ the veiled shots on IG and challenge Pop's vision through their play on the court.

For DJ to passive aggressively say he hasn't had opportunity is beta as fuck, he's full of shit for that.

exstatic
02-19-2020, 07:37 AM
Pop tried to neuter a "young" Manu.. and Manu told Pop to sit the fuck down, trust him, and let him do what he does. In return he did tone down some of the behind the back dribble into a behind the back pass when the team is down and trying to mount a comeback, but the difference between these two types of player couldn't be further apart. One of these youngsters is gonna have to grow some balls, be assertive, and chill w/ the veiled shots on IG and challenge Pop's vision through their play on the court.

For DJ to passive aggressively say he hasn't had opportunity is beta as fuck, he's full of shit for that.

Manu was 25, and a Euroleague Finals MVP and champion when he arrived here. Not the same at all.

weebo
02-19-2020, 08:05 AM
Stop posting bullshit on IG and show your worth on the court when you do get the chance.

KobesAchilles
02-19-2020, 08:52 AM
I don’t even think Pop knows what Instagram is tbh. He’s all about that FFFL (Forbes Fan For Life)

UncleDennis
02-19-2020, 10:33 AM
I don't put much weight into social media, but this is a light shot at Pop.

The key word, opportunity.

Who is ultimately in charge of who plays, who gets pulled, etc?

The frustration in the locker room is probably at an all time high. The younger players with more to lose are usually the ones who keep quiet, especially in SA.

Trill Clinton
02-19-2020, 10:59 AM
A lot of boomers in here

exstatic
02-19-2020, 11:16 AM
I'm wondering if there isn't something going on with DeRozan. I found it very odd that he didn't travel with the team on the last two RRT games. The reason that his USC jersey was being retired seemed odd to me. USC would have scheduled that any time DD wanted, and there was a LONG break starting a few days later. Would DD have left the team if they were battling for a playoff seed? Are they exploring a buyout because DD wants to move on? That would be the opportunity that is being spoken of.

look_at_g_shred
02-19-2020, 11:38 AM
I'm wondering if there isn't something going on with DeRozan. I found it very odd that he didn't travel with the team on the last two RRT games. The reason that his USC jersey was being retired seemed odd to me. USC would have scheduled that any time DD wanted, and there was a LONG break starting a few days later. Would DD have left the team if they were battling for a playoff seed? Are they exploring a buyout because DD wants to move on? That would be the opportunity that is being spoken of.
When would that money come off the books?

DJR210
02-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Manu was 25, and a Euroleague Finals MVP and champion when he arrived here. Not the same at all.

Come on guy, nobody is trying to compare the pedigree.. I'm comparing young players standing up to Pop. Manu was 25 in the big boys league and controlled his own destiny as a rookie. The Spurs young guys are already 2nd, 3rd year using passive aggression to make themselves feel better about their careers instead of challenging DeMar or LMA for their roles

rjv
02-19-2020, 12:37 PM
ST code breakers are in high gear now.

sasaint
02-19-2020, 03:48 PM

That would be an admission of failure on a scale that I cannot imagine.

exstatic
02-19-2020, 04:19 PM
That would be an admission of failure on a scale that I cannot imagine.

Why? Did you think we were going to upgrade by trading him? Wouldn't it be better to get almost two years out of him, then make a clean cut, and go with the youngsters? Apparently, the offers for him were shit at the deadline, and we don't need any more of that. I'm not looking to get something less than DeRozan for DeRozan. Just move on, if that's what this is.

TD 21
02-19-2020, 04:38 PM
Why? Did you think we were going to upgrade by trading him? Wouldn't it be better to get almost two years out of him, then make a clean cut, and go with the youngsters? Apparently, the offers for him were shit at the deadline, and we don't need any more of that. I'm not looking to get something less than DeRozan for DeRozan. Just move on, if that's what this is.

Shit as in relative to what they gave up and his standing as a pseudo star. He'll still fetch a decent asset though, which is obviously better than nothing.

sasaint
02-19-2020, 04:43 PM

Perhaps you have a real grapevine. I have no idea what (if any) offers the Spurs received for Dumbmar. Just looking at the deals that were made at the deadline, I find it difficult to believe we did not receive some reasonable offer. (I admit that we might disagree about what a "reasonable" offer might be.) But in the end, it seems like letting the centerpiece of the Number 2 deal just walk would be an admission of failure. What you are suggesting is that the Spurs could do better in free agency than they could've done in trading Dumbmar. That seems questionable to me.

exstatic
02-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Perhaps you have a real grapevine. I have no idea what (if any) offers the Spurs received for Dumbmar. Just looking at the deals that were made at the deadline, I find it difficult to believe we did not receive some reasonable offer. (I admit that we might disagree about what a "reasonable" offer might be.) But in the end, it seems like letting the centerpiece of the Number 2 deal just walk would be an admission of failure. What you are suggesting is that the Spurs could do better in free agency than they could've done in trading Dumbmar. That seems questionable to me.

No, I'm suggesting go with the youngsters. They had 1.5 great games without DD, and I look at the 23 point second half lead loss as a learning curve.

Free agency is and always will be a crap shoot with this team. Hell, in 2003, fresh off of a LoB, we were spurned by both Kidd and Jermaine O'Neal, and that was with Tim, Tony, and Manu on board, and the team still on a growth curve. I think some of our kids could be quite good, and I'd rather go back into the mode of paying our own FAs than to get continually degrading assets by flipping DD, and maybe risk losing some young assets in the process.

Prime BEEF
02-19-2020, 06:24 PM
Agree with this.

MultiTroll
02-19-2020, 07:01 PM
Cavs players appear to have ousted coach John Beilein.
Altho their reasons seem to have been being butthurt snowflakes who then got vindictive, it still shows what players can do.

He told them they were playing like "thugs". They then went on a huge butthurt parade, playing wrap *thug* songs within earshot of him.
Boy they sure showed him.

tholdren
02-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Lol men having ig accounts. Notmyspurs

sasaint
02-19-2020, 07:27 PM
No, I'm suggesting go with the youngsters. They had 1.5 great games without DD, and I look at the 23 point second half lead loss as a learning curve.

Free agency is and always will be a crap shoot with this team. Hell, in 2003, fresh off of a LoB, we were spurned by both Kidd and Jermaine O'Neal, and that was with Tim, Tony, and Manu on board, and the team still on a growth curve. I think some of our kids could be quite good, and I'd rather go back into the mode of paying our own FAs than to get continually degrading assets by flipping DD, and maybe risk losing some young assets in the process.

I don't assume that anything we might have gotten in return for Dumbmar would have been a degrading asset. And precisely because I believe free agency will always be a crap shoot with the Spurs, I think we should have made a deal for Dumbmar. I agree that we need to just ride the young guys the remainder of the year and see what we have. I even tend to agree with your assessment of the 23-poiint learning curve.

But we still need some players. FA is a crapshoot, the draft may be, as well. But at best it is only going to add another young prospect. You can't fill out a roster with guys on the same career/contract/learning curve. You need a mix. That leaves trades as the only other avenue to acquire talent and fill out a roster. Letting Dumbmar walk - or worse, paying him to walk - seems like incompetent asset management to me.

phxspurfan
02-19-2020, 09:03 PM
He hasn't been that good tbh. Not sure why people would be excited to see a stat line of 30mins 7pts 3rb 0ast 4to

tholdren
02-19-2020, 09:56 PM
A lot of boomers in here

Lot of grown men watching nba...

bdictjames
02-19-2020, 10:25 PM
Part of me thinks he was talking about DeMar and Lamarcus.

Either way, DJ shouldn't be making these posts. He is a public figure, and he should hold himself to that standard.

emmo
02-20-2020, 12:31 AM
Lot of grown men watching nba...

MannyIsGod
02-20-2020, 12:38 AM
Lol men having ig accounts. Notmyspurs

LOL being so fragile and insecure in your masculinity you project it to what social media accounts you have.

duncan2k5
02-21-2020, 01:00 AM

We would be better by trading him...just like everyone thought the thunder would be worse when they traded their two stars

SpurPadre
02-21-2020, 01:16 AM
Welp, nice knowing you Murray. I expect to see more Mills the rest of the season once this gets to Pop smh.

itzsoweezee
02-21-2020, 10:19 PM
Welp, nice knowing you Murray. I expect to see more Mills the rest of the season once this gets to Pop smh.

What a stupid take

SpurPadre
02-21-2020, 10:54 PM
What a stupid take

It's called sarcasm.

tholdren
02-22-2020, 12:03 AM
LOL being so fragile and insecure in your masculinity you project it to what social media accounts you have.

? Does not make sense

ace3g
02-22-2020, 12:36 PM
This was such a smooth crossover and midrange jumper.

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1231058494377414656

ace3g
02-22-2020, 04:22 PM
https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/1231075435645210624

JPB
02-22-2020, 04:45 PM

No offense mate but everyone knows IG is for insecure attention hoes. All social media actually.

Go on IG and it's just people (mostly young girls) posting pics of ME there, ME here, ME doing this, ME doing that. ME at the gym, ME eating healthy food, ME and my ABS, ME and my super profound mottos about the meaning of life, or like here with Dejounte some semi cryptic posts about achiving your dreams, happiness, success in order to show how super spirited and special you are... a freaking "UNICORN"..

There's a reason why 90% of the people there are under 30 and 75% under 25.

Ask yourself, why do these guys need to put all their thoughts and whatever pops through their mind on their social media?

duncan2k5
02-22-2020, 04:57 PM
No offense mate but everyone knows IG is for insecure attention hoes. All social media actually.

Go on IG and it's just people (mostly young girls) posting pics of ME there, ME here, ME doing this, ME doing that. ME at the gym, ME eating healthy food, ME and my ABS, ME and my super profound mottos about the meaning of life, or like here with Dejounte some semi cryptic posts about achiving your dreams, happiness, success in order to show how super spirited and special you are... a freaking "UNICORN"..

There's a reason why 90% of the people there are under 30 and 75% under 25.

Ask yourself, why do these guys need to put all their thoughts and whatever pops through their mind on their social media?

Ok Boomer

tholdren
02-23-2020, 08:05 PM
Ok Boomer

Lol Instagram

tholdren
02-23-2020, 10:15 PM
Bump for being outplayed by anyone that got minutes

slick'81
02-23-2020, 10:16 PM
It was a nice two games,tbh

Chinook
02-23-2020, 11:49 PM
Midrange shots are not sustainable. Like, you can shoot around 50 percent if you get a lot of open ones, but without being able to drive and being reluctant to shoot threes, teams will eventually start playing for the jumper. Murray's gonna be inconsistent until he gets a better shot-selection. Walker too needs to make more threes rather than long-twos. Those are important shots to take to keep a defense honest, but they aren't bread-and-butter spots anymore. Lonnie has a good shooting form. He really should be coming off screens and letting it fly.

acoelho1
02-24-2020, 09:22 AM
Always ready to chime in after a bad game. He still had 7 assist. His midrange is fine and he’s a lot more willing to take the 3 this year compared to our supposedly best player in DDR.

Also, how about White’s inconsistent play this year? Haven’t heard much from you on his underwhelming play.

Prime BEEF
02-24-2020, 09:46 AM
Hard to judge the young guys when you have a horrible coach and a toxic environment

JuneJive
02-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Hard to judge the young guys when you have a horrible coach and a toxic environment

You are a bit extreme, don't you think?

dbestpro
02-24-2020, 12:09 PM

I thought he was being kind.

r0drig0lac
02-24-2020, 01:30 PM
I thought he was being kind.

:lmao

Prime BEEF
02-24-2020, 02:18 PM
Not at all. If some of our young guys were playing for good organizations, who knows how much better they might be.

emmo
02-26-2020, 04:10 PM
Not at all. If some of our young guys were playing for good organizations, who knows how much better they might be.

Well you certainly don’t judging by your takes, armchair quarterback.

tholdren
02-26-2020, 09:03 PM
Bump for spurstalk player fans

Prime BEEF
02-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Well you certainly don’t judging by your takes, armchair quarterback.
This makes no sense

emmo
02-26-2020, 11:19 PM
This makes no sense

It means I think you’re too clueless to judge shit.

Prime BEEF
02-27-2020, 12:49 PM
It means I think you’re too clueless to judge shit.
Yes, based off nothing. Good call. You’re probably just another internet tough guy that’s never played or coached. Troll

John B
02-27-2020, 01:07 PM
Enough talking, just do it. While you're at it, try working out more on closing those layups. Take Lonnie with you. It's one thing having a great 1st step and outrunning everyone, but if you can't finish.

Lonnie shows too much on his layup that's how they got swat. Tuck that ball in.

Demar and White are really good finishing, even Mills.

rjv
02-27-2020, 03:19 PM
Enough talking, just do it. While you're at it, try working out more on closing those layups. Take Lonnie with you. It's one thing having a great 1st step and outrunning everyone, but if you can't finish.

Lonnie shows too much on his layup that's how they got swat. Tuck that ball in.

Demar and White are really good finishing, even Mills.

there are times when i think that but lonnie also has this double clutch move that is reminiscent of the 70's ballers (the spurs own larry kennon comes to mind). so while it would be strategic for lonnie to not leave the ball out there for rim protectors to swat away, i don't mind him hanging on to the double clutch move.

emmo
03-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Yes, based off nothing. Good call. You’re probably just another internet tough guy that’s never played or coached. Troll

Based off your posts. I’ve played but never coached. But I don’t even need to have done that to lump you in with all of the other triggered Trumptards that think they have even a fraction of Pop’s understanding of the game. So there’s that.

Collins21
03-01-2020, 08:41 PM
Based off your posts. I’ve played but never coached. But I don’t even need to have done that to lump you in with all of the other triggered Trumptards that think they have even a fraction of Pop’s understanding of the game. So there’s that.

This same dude got butt hurt when I asked him has he ever played or coached the game but then he turns around and does it.

Prime BEEF
03-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Troll. Sad little angry troll. And you don’t even know what my politics are.

emmo
03-01-2020, 11:36 PM
Troll. Sad little angry troll. And you don’t even know what my politics are.

No anger, sadness or trolling. Just calling it how I see it. You’re not the only one here that froths at the mouth when hating on Pop. It’s pretty apparent it’s about more than basketball.

GAustex
03-01-2020, 11:45 PM
Without Tim Duncan poop is not really all that and some could say he is a drunk demented old fool.

exstatic
03-02-2020, 10:11 AM
Midrange shots are not sustainable. Like, you can shoot around 50 percent if you get a lot of open ones, but without being able to drive and being reluctant to shoot threes, teams will eventually start playing for the jumper. Murray's gonna be inconsistent until he gets a better shot-selection. Walker too needs to make more threes rather than long-twos. Those are important shots to take to keep a defense honest, but they aren't bread-and-butter spots anymore. Lonnie has a good shooting form. He really should be coming off screens and letting it fly.

No one even defends the mid range any more. It's a fucking buffet, if you have the game to take advantage.

Chinook
03-02-2020, 10:47 AM
No one even defends the mid range any more. It's a fucking buffet, if you have the game to take advantage.

People don't defend it in lieu of the better shots. Teams will defend it if a guy only shoots from there. That's just common sense.

exstatic
03-02-2020, 11:02 AM
People don't defend it in lieu of the better shots. Teams will defend it if a guy only shoots from there. That's just common sense.

No it's not. If 28 other teams shoot ONLY outside the arc and at the rim, you're not going to change your whole defensive concept for one team that is not a very good team. DD feasts in the mid range, and really only gets in trouble when he gets too deep into the paint. Dejounte is also pretty elite in the mid range. He's just deadly coming off of a pick, or leveling someone off with a crossover.

D-Robinson 50 fan
03-02-2020, 11:38 AM

exactly! Some of the best scorers in the league today are great midrange shooters, like Kawhi and Westbrook.

Chinook
03-02-2020, 11:45 AM
No it's not. If 28 other teams shoot ONLY outside the arc and at the rim, you're not going to change your whole defensive concept for one team that is not a very good team. DD feasts in the mid range, and really only gets in trouble when he gets too deep into the paint. Dejounte is also pretty elite in the mid range. He's just deadly coming off of a pick, or leveling someone off with a crossover.

Yes, it is. Teams scout players and try to take away what they do well. They don't just defend everyone the same way.

DeRozan is actually very good at the rim and a mid-40s midrange shooter outside 10 feet. He takes a sizeable chunk there, but it's not the best part of his game. Murray is indeed having a more efficient year from midrange (and indeed is tops on the team for guys taking more than 10 percent of their attempts from 10-16} , but he's still in high 40s in overall long-twos which is not efficient enough to build a game around. That's why he's 10th on the team in TS%. Being a strong midrange shooter gives you a good change-up, not a good foundation in today's league.

dbestpro
03-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Instead of takeover he should be talking turnover.

tholdren
03-02-2020, 09:20 PM
Hes not even a good college player. Transition hero.... no half court game

Prime BEEF
03-02-2020, 11:28 PM
No anger, sadness or trolling. Just calling it how I see it. You’re not the only one here that froths at the mouth when hating on Pop. It’s pretty apparent it’s about more than basketball.
It’s a very ignorant thing to say that everyone who thinks pop isn’t a good coach right now voted for Trump. That’s got to be ST all-time stupid stuff there.

I want a good coach and that’s what most of us want.

Atl Spur
03-02-2020, 11:45 PM
It’s a very ignorant thing to say that everyone who thinks pop isn’t a good coach right now voted for Trump. That’s got to be ST all-time stupid stuff there.

Pops a great coach; even great coaches need the horses. We will be fine; just need some players to leave ( gay,DeRozan, Aldridge )

emmo
03-03-2020, 02:13 AM

Lol. If you believe that the coaching staff is the problem on this year’s team, I bet you believe that climate change is a hoax. Both based on bad data. Why are you so ashamed of your orange Jesus?

EasyMoney
03-03-2020, 03:17 AM
Wait. People here voted for trump?

Genovaswitness
03-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Wait. People here voted for trump?

yeah and I'm voting for him again

SupremeGuy
03-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Wait. People here voted for trump?Do record unemployment for minorities, prison reform, and a great economy bother you?

exstatic
03-03-2020, 09:57 AM
Do record unemployment for minorities, prison reform, and a great economy bother you?

Genovaswitness
03-03-2020, 09:59 AM

now post all the record highs and swings the other way :lmao my pre corona virus retirement accounts have been the best they’ve ever been and will get even better after re-election. I pay less in taxes too. Winning indeed

TD 21
03-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Sounds nice . . . too bad he's not nearly talented enough to back up his words. Still can't dribble, make all but the most basic reads/plays for others or take/make the most profitable shots with volume.

If this were 10+ years ago, it'd be nice that his mid range pullup has significantly improved. Now, it's low handing fruit. It's what the defense wants the offense to take because even when done so efficiently, it still yields a low points per possession overall. It's needed in the aresenal of a ball handler, but as a fallback; not a base.

Still, it's become increasingly clear that him and Walker are frustrated with their current predicament. Typical noise from young players or the latest sign of certain players wanting no part of this organization?

Prime BEEF
03-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Lol. If you believe that the coaching staff is the problem on this year’s team, I bet you believe that climate change is a hoax. Both based on bad data. Why are you so ashamed of your orange Jesus?
Yes, I absolutely believe pop is the problem...100%. As do most spurs fans.

You clearly don’t read any of my posts. I don’t post about politics and have never mentioned pops politics in my posts. I’m curious as to why you think I’m an “orange Jesus” fan? Mainly because you have nothing to base that on.

tholdren
03-03-2020, 08:55 PM
He is just so bad off the ball but his iq and pg skills are so low.

Sugus
03-03-2020, 10:12 PM
DJ played with energy tonight and took up some of the scoring load with LMA out. He's never going to run an offense better than White does, but his scoring game is progressing rapidly, I really like his shot. If the Spurs want a chance to start White at PG and DJ at SG with Lonnie at the 3 in the near future, Dejounte's got to be willing to let it fly. Also not a coincidence Lonnie suddenly wasn't bottom 3 in MPG tonight - can't wait for him and DJ to be neutered back next game.

duncan2k5
03-03-2020, 10:25 PM
DJ played with energy tonight and took up some of the scoring load with LMA out. He's never going to run an offense better than White does, but his scoring game is progressing rapidly, I really like his shot. If the Spurs want a chance to start White at PG and DJ at SG with Lonnie at the 3 in the near future, Dejounte's got to be willing to let it fly. Also not a coincidence Lonnie suddenly wasn't bottom 3 in MPG tonight - can't wait for him and DJ to be neutered back next game.

White is like two years older...I'm sure in two years Murray will progress as a PG...lol...two years ago half the forum was saying white was shit

Genovaswitness
03-03-2020, 10:27 PM
White is like two years older...I'm sure in two years Murray will progress as a PG...lol...two years ago half the forum was saying white was shit

truth nukes. white is a 6th man at best. dejounte murray is our future PG. and I hope coach tim is our future coach

Sugus
03-04-2020, 01:37 PM

White has a vision and dynamic that Dejounte just wasn't born with, IMO. Of course I'd be happy to see him improve in his PG duties but I'm convinced so far that there's a ceiling to them, and he'd be better suited as a combo SG who can playmake as well, sort of how DeRozan goes now (except for the obvious differences in their games). White has always used his higher IQ to make plays and score whereas DJ does the opposite, taking advantage of speed and length to make crazy layups without thinking too much about it. And for the record I've never said White was shit or close to it, don't lump me with the shit take professionals on here.

ace3g
03-05-2020, 04:59 PM
https://twitter.com/TheUndefeated/status/1235667650824384512

DPG21920
05-17-2020, 03:19 PM
Rumors on the Twitterverse that Dejounte may be getting himself into off court troubles...

Robz4000
05-17-2020, 03:33 PM
Rumors on the Twitterverse that Dejounte may be getting himself into off court troubles...

If what I read is real he won't be on the Spurs much longer (or even in the NBA).

apalisoc_9
05-17-2020, 04:04 PM
If what I read is real he won't be on the Spurs much longer (or even in the NBA).

smdh share it.

Robz4000
05-17-2020, 04:11 PM
smdh share it.

Supposedly his current gf (not sure if its that instagram model he's been with) leaked their nudes and he beat the shit out of her.

dbestpro
05-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Supposedly his current gf (not sure if its that instagram model he's been with) leaked their nudes and he beat the shit out if her.

If true. His career is toast.

JuneJive
05-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Confirmed?

TimDunkem
05-17-2020, 04:39 PM
:lmao The Spurs look worse and worse every year.

TD 21
05-17-2020, 04:49 PM
If true: 1) Not surprised, 2) This organization can't catch a break, 3) This probably makes the notion of trading White less likely, 4) It probably increases the odds of them selecting a point guard.

lmbebo
05-17-2020, 05:14 PM
link?

Robz4000
05-17-2020, 05:18 PM
link?

Nothing confirmed, just Twitter rumors as of now.

SAGirl
05-17-2020, 06:28 PM
Interesting. I never liked the youtube videos with the gf. She obviously was marketing herself through that, but DM didn't need that. Let's see what happens.

Dejounte
05-17-2020, 09:07 PM
No more reclamation projects with dumb, gangster kids like Dejounte please.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2020, 09:51 PM
lockdowns, is he working on his game in a gym? or his busy with IG?

Dverde
05-17-2020, 09:54 PM
At least his brother got a new car out of this.

hooperflash
05-18-2020, 07:40 AM
Interesting. I never liked the youtube videos with the gf. She obviously was marketing herself through that, but DM didn't need that. Let's see what happens.
Wrong girl, this is someone else. His ex is dating Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans now.

weeks
05-18-2020, 07:43 AM
So can someone give us a quick rundown? is this legit or just twitter rumor?

Dejounte
05-18-2020, 07:53 AM
It doesnt seem Dejounte is acknowledging it at all which makes me think this isnt real as he usually gets really aggressive on social twitter when there is real drama.

exstatic
05-18-2020, 07:53 AM
He needs to lay off the hos, especially since his extension is just about to kick in. Someone said that this was a different girl. Not so very different at all. Find a woman who put herself through college and is making it on her own. Any other kind is just reaching for his wallet, or using him as a springboard, like KimK with the Ray Jay sex tape.

B1gduff
05-18-2020, 11:06 AM
Anyone got a link to the twitter?

Realdeal1
05-18-2020, 01:00 PM
Alrighty then I guess now our trade packages look like this

Lamarcus Aldridge and Dejounte murray for ?!!!

DPG21920
05-18-2020, 01:24 PM
Some leader Patty Mills is...not worth the money IMO

weeks
05-18-2020, 02:04 PM
Some leader Patty Mills is...not worth the money IMO
its coz they let pau walk...team couldnt afford losing all that culture after the big three retired..patty just cant carry it alone these coffees are heavy.
shit with all this downtime i worry about the structural integrity of patty's buttons

RC_Drunkford
05-19-2020, 06:52 AM
can't wait to see Flopovich trade him for Cory Joseph

TimDunkem
05-19-2020, 07:15 AM
can't wait to see Flopovich trade him for Cory Joseph

Cory did more for this franchise than Dejounte ever will. Book it.

Collins21
05-19-2020, 07:35 AM

We don't agree much but this is the pure truth.

ivanfromwestwood
05-19-2020, 11:01 AM
Somebody needs to have DeJuan Blair sit down with him and tell him how Instagram hoes ruined his career. It was all Whataburger and downhill from there

B1gduff
05-19-2020, 11:11 AM
This kind of thing usually pops up real quick, yet outside of here, i haven't heard much. Haven't seen anything on twitter either, and no one is position the link either,

KobesAchilles
05-19-2020, 12:22 PM
Maybe now we can have a real point guard in Derrick White start. Also drafting one of the Euro PGs doesn’t seem so dumb now.

Dejounte
05-19-2020, 01:04 PM
I know some people are hoping this is true, but for the Spurs sake its better if it isnt. We cant afford another asset loss for nothing.

exstatic
05-19-2020, 01:10 PM
I know some people are hoping this is true, but for the Spurs sake its better if it isnt. We cant afford another asset loss for nothing.

If it's true, other teams will be interested. I already had him as an add in for my three way trade with Utah and Portland.

Dejounte
05-19-2020, 05:16 PM
If it's true, other teams will be interested. I already had him as an add in for my three way trade with Utah and Portland.

I mean the insult was pretty mild. I don't think the Spurs are that sensitive. If youre referring to the fact that he admires Kawhi and the Spurs wouldnt want that.... I disagree, the Spurs wish they could get another player of his caliber

exstatic
05-19-2020, 06:13 PM
I mean the insult was pretty mild. I don't think the Spurs are that sensitive. If youre referring to the fact that he admires Kawhi and the Spurs wouldnt want that.... I disagree, the Spurs wish they could get another player of his caliber

You’re in the wrong thread. We’re discussing whether DJ beat his girl down. The thing with Precious is in the 11th draft pick thread.

RC_Drunkford
05-19-2020, 07:30 PM

you ain't lying

Dejounte
05-19-2020, 07:58 PM
You’re in the wrong thread. We’re discussing whether DJ beat his girl down. The thing with Precious is in the 11th draft pick thread.

Oh shit

spurspl
05-20-2020, 06:36 AM
trade this overhyped dude pls

lma murray pick for randle harkless ntiklina pick
ddr murray poeltl pick for batum zeller devonte pick

HarlemHeat37
05-21-2020, 10:39 AM

:tu

LurkingSpursFan
05-21-2020, 10:44 AM
Staged by DJ...:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

ismael-robert
05-21-2020, 05:57 PM
When trying to find the rumors they seemed linked to her ex boyfriend who's rap name happens to be "NBA Young Boy"...Dejounte just happens to be a Nba young boy but not THE NBA Young Boy

DMC
05-21-2020, 07:05 PM
Just another egg counted as a chicken.

Leetonidas
05-21-2020, 07:44 PM
Yeah there seems to be no real truth to that rumor. Wouldn't worry about it tbh

RC_Drunkford
05-22-2020, 07:32 PM
When trying to find the rumors they seemed linked to her ex boyfriend who's rap name happens to be "NBA Young Boy"...Dejounte just happens to be a Nba young boy but not THE NBA Young Boy

:lmao:lmao:lmao people out here confusing Dejounte Murray with NBA Young Boy :lmao

DPG21920
05-22-2020, 08:25 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao people out here confusing Dejounte Murray with NBA Young Boy :lmao

That’s not what happened at all.

ace3g
06-23-2020, 07:06 PM
CByzMgLndFu

alpha_HaZE
06-25-2020, 12:39 AM
When DJ scores 13 or more points we win 67% of our games. When he scores 12 or less, we lost 75% of them.

That's astounding, his season average is 10.7 points, so we need him to produce just a bit more, and for that to happen he needs to play more. His per36 average is 15.4 points. so about 30 minutes a game should do it. Too bad we had those injuries towards the end of our season, we were really really close.

smush
06-25-2020, 03:49 AM
Check this interview.
the young guys need to be unleashed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhVwXBwww4 (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhVwXBwww4)

TD 21
07-03-2020, 03:53 PM
Didn't even preface the complaining with what Haynes said or really take the out when given it by him. Whether he realizes it or not, this comes off as criticism of Pop, Aldridge and DeRozan.

Premiere franchise in sports for 2 decades essentially pushes out a future Hall-of-Famer to hand a non blue chip prospect the keys, yet he's never seemed to appreciate it.

He comes off as a vocal Scumbag or current Jackson. Can't envision him being here long term and if/when he's not, he'll be throwing them under the bus.

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2020, 06:42 PM
I was with him until he threw Bryn into the crop of supposedly up-and-coming guys on the time. Now I suspect that he doesn't know what he is talking about and all of them are terrible.

Also, the only thing stopping Derrick from taking 20 shots a game is that he's literally too scared to take the reins.

tholdren
07-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Murray shouldn't be in Nba but better than lamelo ball.
Today's nba

Lamelo
Lonzo
Dejunte

This is sad

Dejounte
07-04-2020, 02:20 AM
This dude is my least favorite young guy on the roster. He's had much time to buff up and he still looks like a twig.

Prime BEEF
07-04-2020, 03:01 AM
Would love to trade him while the other GMs still think he has upside. Wait another season and there won’t be a lot of interest. If DDR actually opted in, then I’d think you could get some value back for a Murray/DDR pairing.

spurspl
07-04-2020, 06:58 AM
Would love to trade him while the other GMs still think he has upside. Wait another season and there won’t be a lot of interest. If DDR actually opted in, then I’d think you could get some value back for a Murray/DDR pairing.

agree, thats amazing how much overhyped u can be as a PG while u cannot even pass well or hit 3s.

dbestpro
07-04-2020, 07:25 AM
We need Murray for what he could be not what he is.

spurspl
07-04-2020, 07:54 AM
We need Murray for what he could be not what he is.

but he is not improving at all and whats worse he had a serious injury. What do u expect from him? he wont be much better than he is now but his value now is the highest which gives spurs a chance to get someone better.

talkspurs
07-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Why do people keep saying he cant shoot 3s? he made 37.8 this last year on 1.6 per game. As his confidence grows and DDR and LMA leave he will start shooting more. Only 2 teams on avg shot better then him.

talkspurs
07-04-2020, 10:30 AM
but he is not improving at all and whats worse he had a serious injury. What do u expect from him? he wont be much better than he is now but his value now is the highest which gives spurs a chance to get someone better.

He is improving. I think some people think he should be challenging for MVP by now and if not then he is not improving.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01.html
Per 36 Minutes

Share & more

Season
Lg
Pos
G
GS
MP
FG
FGA
FG%
3P
3PA
3P%
2P
2PA
2P%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

2016-17 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01/gamelog/2017/)
SAS (https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2017.html)
NBA (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017.html)
PG

2017-18 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01/gamelog/2018/)
SAS (https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2018.html)
NBA (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018.html)
PG

2019-20 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01/gamelog/2020/)
SAS (https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2020.html)
NBA (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2020.html)
PG

Career

NBA

I like looking at per 36 as I feel it is one of the best way to judge players.
FG % is up 3-4% which is actually a pretty big jump in a short time. I think this will slow down in increases as he already shoots a good % for a guard.
3PT % is down from rookie year but up 11% from last year. that shows that high 30 and maybe low 40s for 3PT % should be able to be done. I would say that first year he had better players to play off of and did not have to handle to load as much so it probably inflated his rookie numbers a bit.
2pt% went up 4-5 %. once again a pretty big jump and will probably slow down in its increases.
Ft% went up 9% from last year and 10% from rookie year. this is huge improvements and hopefully he can keep it this high. 80% is not bad would hope he could get higher but his improvement here is so good that dont know how much better it could get.
Reb are down almost 1 per 36 which is not good but I am thinking that could be something he was told less to focus on and told to get back and play D. Still up a lot from rookie year. Also 8.3 per 36 is not bad for a guard.
ast has gone up to almost 6 per 36. while not good not as bad as I bet some would think either. I would think starting pg probably are between 6-7 on avg per 36.
Steals has gone up every year. He is at 2.5 per 36 up a half from last year and 1.6 for his rookie year. once again a big jump. this is really high for a player
Blocks is down which is the only thing that I could say has not improved.
Tov is down slightly and I think is the bigest area for improvement. This may have some to do with him handling the ball more.
Pts are up slightly but I could see this going up more as he becomes more important. think about the game LMA did not play.

He is improving and is already a pretty good player. He does not have the name recognition as some other players but that may be more because he plays on the Spurs and and a bigger team.

spurspl
07-04-2020, 10:48 AM
He is improving. I think some people think he should be challenging for MVP by now and if not then he is not improving.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01.html
Per 36 Minutes

Share & more

Season
Lg
Pos
G
GS
MP
FG
FGA
FG%
3P
3PA
3P%
2P
2PA
2P%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

2016-17 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01/gamelog/2017/)
SAS (https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2017.html)
NBA (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2017.html)
PG

2017-18 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01/gamelog/2018/)
SAS (https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2018.html)
NBA (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2018.html)
PG

2019-20 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01/gamelog/2020/)
SAS (https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2020.html)
NBA (https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2020.html)
PG

Career

NBA

I like looking at per 36 as I feel it is one of the best way to judge players.
FG % is up 3-4% which is actually a pretty big jump in a short time. I think this will slow down in increases as he already shoots a good % for a guard.
3PT % is down from rookie year but up 11% from last year. that shows that high 30 and maybe low 40s for 3PT % should be able to be done. I would say that first year he had better players to play off of and did not have to handle to load as much so it probably inflated his rookie numbers a bit.
2pt% went up 4-5 %. once again a pretty big jump and will probably slow down in its increases.
Ft% went up 9% from last year and 10% from rookie year. this is huge improvements and hopefully he can keep it this high. 80% is not bad would hope he could get higher but his improvement here is so good that dont know how much better it could get.
Reb are down almost 1 per 36 which is not good but I am thinking that could be something he was told less to focus on and told to get back and play D. Still up a lot from rookie year. Also 8.3 per 36 is not bad for a guard.
ast has gone up to almost 6 per 36. while not good not as bad as I bet some would think either. I would think starting pg probably are between 6-7 on avg per 36.
Steals has gone up every year. He is at 2.5 per 36 up a half from last year and 1.6 for his rookie year. once again a big jump. this is really high for a player
Blocks is down which is the only thing that I could say has not improved.
Tov is down slightly and I think is the bigest area for improvement. This may have some to do with him handling the ball more.
Pts are up slightly but I could see this going up more as he becomes more important. think about the game LMA did not play.

He is improving and is already a pretty good player. He does not have the name recognition as some other players but that may be more because he plays on the Spurs and and a bigger team.

marginal changes, empty stats bc his playing style didnt change, still no improvements in passing skils and 3pt shooting, making mistakes during important moments, still skinny asf (no changes in an easiest way to improve) and whats more he will be 24 next season. My prediction is constant improvement like a few % each yr in some categories but nothing more. He wont be a star, he wont be a guy u can build a team around at least he can be like third best player in a team. Saying that he can challange for MVP is just ridiculous.

exstatic
07-04-2020, 10:55 AM
marginal changes, empty stats bc his playing style didnt change, still no improvements in passing skils and 3pt shooting, making mistakes during important moments, still skinny asf (no changes in an easiest way to improve) and whats more he will be 24 next season. My prediction is constant improvement like a few % each yr in some categories but nothing more. He wont be a star, he wont be a guy u can build a team around at least he can be like third best player in a team. Saying that he can challange for MVP is just ridiculous.

His 3 pt shooting HAS improved, and Gervin played his whole career as a stick. Some body frames aren’t designed to put on massive bulk. His assists/36 are up. His TOS/36 are down.

It’s OK to hate on players, but just recognize that’s what you’re doing. He missed an entire season, which setback his development, but he is definitely making progress.

Leetonidas
07-04-2020, 10:56 AM
Murray is not improving at all? Wtf? He's pretty inconsistent but to act like he hasn't improved at all is just false

Collins21
07-04-2020, 10:57 AM

Nah you suck at basketball analysis and probably have never actually played basketball. I'm not a huge of Murray but dude has improved his shooting by far. When he first came in to the league he had no jumpshot at all just a weird ass floater. Now he can hit he elbow jumper at will and is becoming a better 3pt shooter. His defense in man on man situations is still elite even after injury. I think there is no way in hell he'll ever compete for an MVP trophy but your analysis of him and most other players is off.

spurspl
07-04-2020, 11:08 AM
his improvement is marginal and he wont be a PG like u need in this basketball era (if u want ur team to be a contender ofc). The only way is 1) he improves much more in a 3pt shooting or 2) u surround him with a 3pt shooter and he improves much more his court vision and passing skills. The clock is ticking.

talkspurs
07-04-2020, 11:34 AM
Another way to look at is comparing players at about the same time. this does get harder as some have more college or are older/younger.
I could to look at
DJM 19-20 season 3rd year as pro age 23
TP 03 04 season 3rd year as pro age 21 (chose as he is our best PG)
Kawhi 13 14 season. 3rd year as pro age 22. (chose as our most recent best player (also this year he won FMVP).
White 18-19 season 2nd year as Pro age 24. (chose as he is who most people want to replace Murray)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_select=Tony+Parker&player_id1=parketo01&idx=bbr__players&y1=2004&player_id2_hint=Dejounte+Murray&player_id2_select=Dejounte+Murray&player_id2=murrade01&y2=2020&player_id3_hint=Derrick+White&player_id3_select=Derrick+White&player_id3=whitede01&y3=2019&player_id4_hint=Kawhi+Leonard&player_id4_select=Kawhi+Leonard&player_id4=leonaka01&y4=2014

Per 36 Minutes

Share & more

Rk
Player
Season
GS
MP
FG
FGA
FG%
3P
3PA
3P%
2P
2PA
2P%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

Kawhi Leonard (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)
2013-14

Dejounte Murray (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murrade01.html)
2019-20

Tony Parker (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parketo01.html)
2003-04

Derrick White (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/whitede01.html)
2018-19

FG% Kawhi wins and has a large lead. He shoots a good % for his position. White and DJM are really close on %. .004.
3pt% Kawhi wins again but just by .001 or DJM. DJM is also 4% higher then white. quite a large spread. White is actually closer to Parker then he is to DJM. One thing needed is Shooting but DJM wins 3 pt%.
2pt% is one of the worst places for DJM. Parker is worse but was younger. I am hoping DJM can improve his close range fg% which would help his 2pt% and and fg%. as people start respecting his shot lanes should open for him. Still at almost 50% is not bad.
ft% is second just behind Kawhi by .004. He also beats White by big 2% here. This was a good year for DJm so I am interested to see how his ft% are next year.
reb- DJM wins. he even beats Kawhi.
Ast- DJM wins again beats Parker and white.
Steals- DJm wins. Over 1 better then white.
Blocks- I was actually surprised to see white was higher then Kawhi. DJm came in third.
Tov- DJM is the worst here. Not to much of a surprise as this has been mentioned that he needs to cut down on these.
Pts White is the lowest but they are all pretty close.

Did look at doing White for this year but felt last year was better as he is 2 years older and this compares starters to starters.
Also looked at parker for the next year. but this is when Parker starts to tae off. I also hope DJM has similer upswing. This year also puts Parker at higher ast and higher TO then DJm. Both are pretty close though.

here is a link to that.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Tony+Parker&player_id1_select=Tony+Parker&player_id1=parketo01&y1=2005&player_id2_hint=Dejounte+Murray&player_id2_select=Dejounte+Murray&player_id2=murrade01&y2=2020&player_id3_hint=Derrick+White&player_id3_select=Derrick+White&player_id3=whitede01&y3=2020&player_id4_hint=Kawhi+Leonard&player_id4_select=Kawhi+Leonard&player_id4=leonaka01&y4=2014

talkspurs
07-04-2020, 11:45 AM
his improvement is marginal and he wont be a PG like u need in this basketball era (if u want ur team to be a contender ofc). The only way is 1) he improves much more in a 3pt shooting or 2) u surround him with a 3pt shooter and he improves much more his court vision and passing skills. The clock is ticking.

How much better do you want him to get. He is probably in the top 20 in 3pt% this year for all PG in the league that play a decent amount of time. He shot .378. Only 2 big names I saw in front of him for the year was Lillard .394 and Irving .394.

Seventyniner
07-04-2020, 02:42 PM
How much better do you want him to get. He is probably in the top 20 in 3pt% this year for all PG in the league that play a decent amount of time. He shot .378. Only 2 big names I saw in front of him for the year was Lillard .394 and Irving .394.

I agree. If Dejounte can increase his 3PTA volume while keeping his percentage around 38 he will be a solid contributor from distance. Low 40s would be gravy.

TD 21
07-04-2020, 03:31 PM
3pt% without context is foolish. He's low volume and only attempts wide open catch and shoot ones. The likes of Lillard and Irving are high and moderate volume and shoot a significant amount of moderate to contested pullups. Their shooting is in another stratosphere.

There's definitely been marked progress in his form, but he still has a long way to go to get the defense to respect him. Until then, he'll remain an off ball liability.

He's a difficult piece to build with because he's not dynamic enough on ball to be a primary scorer/play maker, nor (yet?) a good enough shooter to space the floor for those that are.

talkspurs
07-04-2020, 04:11 PM
3pt% without context is foolish. He's low volume and only attempts wide open catch and shoot ones. The likes of Lillard and Irving are high and moderate volume and shoot a significant amount of moderate to contested pullups. Their shooting is in another stratosphere.

There's definitely been marked progress in his form, but he still has a long way to go to get the defense to respect him. Until then, he'll remain an off ball liability.

He's a difficult piece to build with because he's not dynamic enough on ball to be a primary scorer/play maker, nor (yet?) a good enough shooter to space the floor for those that are.

So the first paragraph you make a point but he has to start somewhere. Getting the % up and then as he becomes more of a focal point will allow him to shoot more. The Spurs also have traditionally shot a lower number of3s. This is part of Pops coaching.

2nd paragraph will get more respect as he goes on.

3rd. He is easier then DDR. DDr does not shoot hardly any 3s and shoots at a lower percentage.

Sugus
07-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Some hilariously bad takes on here, per par - SpursTalk just don't stop the grind, huh...? Lol at thinking a 23yo player won't keep on improving and has already reached his ceiling. Not surprising to see local retard Holdren sayind DJ shouldn't be in the NBA... Just like that retard Monty saying Lonnie shouldn't be in the NBA before his 28pt tour de force on the Rockets. Don't people learn from others' retardations being proven wrong?

Dejounte's low number of 3pt attempts is a symptom of a much larger problem - the Spurs as a whole are way behind the curve in terms of distance shooting, and no player has a truly green light *except* for the "designated shooters" of the team, which just so happen to be defensive sieve, fake-hustle, "high-character" guys like Forbes or Patty. And a large part of the blame is on Pop himself. Yes, White ought to be more confident in his game, same as DJ or Lonnie - but at the forefront, a coach dictates how his team is going to play. When's the last time you've seen a play drawn for a DJ 3-pointer? Yeah, me neither. As a matter of fact, regarding Lonnie's game-tying shot against the Rockets, I'm positive he wouldn't have been able to take that shot had the Spurs taken a timeout - Pop would've drawn a play for a Patty 3 with Lonnie as decoy, like he did many times before, for starters at the end of Manu's jersey retirement ceremony game against the Cavs (iirc?).

I'm confident that, given a new coach that's in tune with the modern game and not only doesn't leash the young players, but encourages them to take these shots, Dejounte's shooting will progress. As for his size - not every player has to be built like a tree, as Ex well pointed out, and luckily Lonnie looks to have hit the weight room during quarantine, so hopefully we've got rim attacks and strength covered on that front. I'd die to see a lineup of Dejounte-Keldon-Lonnie with maybe Gay (weak link) at the 4 and Poeltl at the 5. The Spurs sorely need a true 4 for the time being though, until Samanic matures enough to contribute. And, most of all, I want to see the glaring trash that is DeMar DeRozan off this team. Maybe LMA too, he takes up developmental minutes from Jakob... But shooting DD into the sun is a priority. Or should be, anyways.

TD 21
07-04-2020, 08:12 PM
So the first paragraph you make a point but he has to start somewhere. Getting the % up and then as he becomes more of a focal point will allow him to shoot more. The Spurs also have traditionally shot a lower number of3s. This is part of Pops coaching.

2nd paragraph will get more respect as he goes on.

3rd. He is easier then DDR. DDr does not shoot hardly any 3s and shoots at a lower percentage.

I realize that, I'm just pointing out why comparing %'s without context is foolish.

Not until the % more or less holds over a longer sample size and the volume significantly increases.

Nah. DeRozan is a low end primary scorer/play maker, who needs to be surrounded by 3 and D players.

talkspurs
07-04-2020, 08:59 PM
I realize that, I'm just pointing out why comparing %'s without context is foolish.

Not until the % more or less holds over a longer sample size and the volume significantly increases.

Nah. DeRozan is a low end primary scorer/play maker, who needs to be surrounded by 3 and D players.

I disagree with you on the third pint. Only thing I can see DDR at better currently is finishing in the piant. I know some would say running the offense but I think you could argue DJM is better then DDR at this already. Defense is easily DJM as well as 3s.

bdictjames
07-05-2020, 09:15 AM
White > Dejounte

I'm more of comfortable giving White the main starting job. Dejounte shouldn't have his ego affected that much, he is still part of the system.

Everyone performs better when White is on the floor. The offense moves better, everyone knows their spots, rather than DJ driving in there and passing it out at a terrible time, affecting the flow of the offense.

Sorry. DJ needs to develop a more sound basketball mind.

exstatic
07-05-2020, 03:47 PM
White > Dejounte

I'm more of comfortable giving White the main starting job. Dejounte shouldn't have his ego affected that much, he is still part of the system.

Everyone performs better when White is on the floor. The offense moves better, everyone knows their spots, rather than DJ driving in there and passing it out at a terrible time, affecting the flow of the offense.

Sorry. DJ needs to develop a more sound basketball mind.

White AND DJ.

BackHome
07-06-2020, 07:26 AM
I keep saying it move DJ to SG he is not a PG and play him and White together.

Dejounte
10-15-2020, 07:30 PM
CGYkF_FHQ_R

IG baller doing IG things. Is he actually going to apply this on the court or is he just talking shit like usual?

PhantomDashCam
10-15-2020, 07:34 PM
CGYkF_FHQ_R

IG baller doing IG things. Is he actually going to apply this on the court or is he just talking shit like usual?

I don’t know, guy was straight clowning fools in offseason though.

https://youtu.be/n7HsGg_zeh8
:smokin

Joseph Kony
10-15-2020, 07:56 PM
CGYkF_FHQ_R

at least he knows he has a lot of shit to work on :lol

Joseph Kony
10-15-2020, 07:58 PM
i'm torn on Murray. I like the kid a lot, i love his mentality and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. but at this point his weakness are obvious and still the same as when he entered the league. yeah he's got a solid pull up now but that's not going to get it done, he's not TP with elite driving and finishing ability. i was impressed at times with him this year but mostly he was pretty underwhelming. i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt considering the injury an all, but it is painfully obvious that he is not a real PG and should not be running the offensive instead of White. if he could just focus on shooting threes and playing defense, his role in this league is as an elite 3 and D player. i dont think his ceiling is higher than that, and his floor looks pretty meh so far

Sugus
10-15-2020, 07:59 PM
CGYkF_FHQ_R

I'd rather see him picking up a book, a playbook specifically, instead of lifting/training in his promotional photos, tbh.

Joseph Kony
10-15-2020, 08:00 PM
i just realized he is 24 already now too :lol fuck idk why i thought he was like 21/22 or some shit

NASpurs
10-15-2020, 08:01 PM
Can you teach IQ? My dude is still dumb as rocks.

RC_Drunkford
10-15-2020, 08:21 PM
I'd rather see him picking up a book, a playbook specifically, instead of lifting/training in his promotional photos, tbh.

he was in every coaches meeting for an entire season when he was injured and it didn't help him 1 bit