PDA

View Full Version : Bernie

vy65
02-20-2020, 11:45 AM
Just started playing around with the tax calculator on his website:

https://www.bernietax.com/#0;0;s

I'm no billionaire. I'm not even close to being a millionaire. But goddamn. Fuck this dude.

vy65
02-20-2020, 11:46 AM
Compared to Warren, who's plan only affects those at 50MM and higher.

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/ultra-millionaire-tax

Yah, I get that Bernie isn't a "communist." But, he's also a communist.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2020, 11:52 AM

I'm no billionaire. I'm not even close to being a millionaire. But goddamn. Fuck this dude.

BERNIETAX.COM IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN SITE AND WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH BERNIE SANDERS' OR ANY OF HIS ASSOCIATED ORGANIZATIONS. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY AND ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION. ANY ACTION YOU TAKE UPON THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 11:54 AM
Compared to Warren, who's plan only affects those at 50MM and higher.

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/ultra-millionaire-tax

Yah, I get that Bernie isn't a "communist." But, he's also a communist.
warren's isnt the full picture, that's just the wealth tax, which she says is aimed to pay for child care/college tuitions/student loans

she has additional taxes for things like medicare, etc

vy65
02-20-2020, 11:58 AM
BERNIETAX.COM IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN SITE AND WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH BERNIE SANDERS' OR ANY OF HIS ASSOCIATED ORGANIZATIONS. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY CLAIMS ABOUT THE COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY AND ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION. ANY ACTION YOU TAKE UPON THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION.

So why isn’t Bernie saying the bernietax.com calculator is inaccurate?

Winehole23
02-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Shouldn't come as a surprise, Bernie's been upfront about middle class going up.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2020, 12:07 PM
So why isn’t Bernie saying the bernietax.com calculator is inaccurate?

Does he know that website exists?

Spurminator
02-20-2020, 12:08 PM
I guess it's a question of whether your tax increase is more than what you save on health insurance.

vy65
02-20-2020, 12:15 PM
Does he know that website exists?

Yes

vy65
02-20-2020, 12:16 PM
I guess it's a question of whether your tax increase is more than what you save on health insurance.

Fair. For a healthy 30 something year old, they don’t. By a large amount. Obviously could be different for others, but this is just my thoughts from my vantage point.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2020, 12:20 PM
Yes

Really I haven't seen anything that says that

vy65
02-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Really I haven't seen anything that says that

Is bernietax.com inaccurate? If accurate, why does it matter if Bernie knows it exists or not?

DMC
02-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Bernie is going to tax that website until it's only a thumbnail.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 12:49 PM
Bernie is going to tax that website until it's only a thumbnail.
as long as he redistributes to wealth the spurstalk

Millennial_Messiah
02-20-2020, 01:38 PM
maybe he should just tax all income at 90% flat and 99% of income over a million tbh

boutons_deux
02-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Y'all hoo HATE paying ANY taxes will be suckered/compromised yet again by Trash cutting taxes as a campaign 2020 tactic

CosmicCowboy
02-20-2020, 02:02 PM
Would cost me an additional $10,000 a year over what I pay now.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 02:13 PM
Would cost me an additional $10,000 a year over what I pay now.
congrats tbh, you are doing quite well for yourself to reach those numbers.

would you be able to keep your home if this came into effect tbh?

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 03:27 PM
Bernie is a total fraud scumbag millionaire who doesn't live the lies he preaches to his gullible retard supporters.

Fucking die already bernie!

Millennial_Messiah
02-20-2020, 03:29 PM
congrats tbh, you are doing quite well for yourself to reach those numbers.

would you be able to keep your home if this came into effect tbh?

would ruin his quality of life because he would no longer be able to take his kids to the arcade and theme park every week tbh

RandomGuy
02-20-2020, 03:32 PM

That is the part that most conservative hand-wavers tend to gloss over.

We spend twice as much on health care per capita, mostly because of the massive administrative overhead required at all levels of the health care and insurance system to handle claims and get paid.

There is a reason that the universal health insurance in other countries is cheaper. Over time the premiums and taxes would fall to rough parity with other OECD countries.

vy65
02-20-2020, 03:34 PM

We spend twice as much on health care per capita, mostly because of the massive administrative overhead required at all levels of the health care and insurance system to handle claims and get paid.

There is a reason that the universal health insurance in other countries is cheaper. Over time the premiums and taxes would fall to rough parity with other OECD countries.

Fair. But what about the healthy 20 or 30 something who doesn't pay that much in healthcare costs and has to pony up thousands more under Bernie's plan. What's the appeal to them?

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 03:48 PM
This doesn't take into account deductions bruh. It's a hit job

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 03:50 PM
And its the same as before, because health insurance. Plus, none of this is taking into account that SALT deduction limit is killing the middle class anyway. That would likely be reversed if any dem was president, because it was just a tax that targeted blue states. Removing that alone makes this easily at least a wash for me, personally.

Will Hunting
02-20-2020, 03:50 PM
Fair. But what about the healthy 20 or 30 something who doesn't pay that much in healthcare costs and has to pony up thousands more under Bernie's plan. What's the appeal to them?
The appeal to them is that over their lifetime they’ll still pay collectively less for healthcare than they’d be paying with private insurance / a broken medicare system with out of control costs.

Not to mention the part Sanders should advertise a lot more that the 20s and 30s crowd could would be able to start a small business without paying for their employees’ healthcare.

The real truth though is that someone like you, a healthy guy in his 30s who makes good money, is always going to be subsidizing other people one way or the other. Right now your tax dollars are subsidizing the defense industry with spending we don’t need.

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 03:52 PM

Whats in it for them

same thing everyone says when they have to pay taxes for schools and roads. We live in a society of nice things that cost money to construct and maintain. Nothing is free. Not having to watch people starve on street corners while you complain about the homeless problem/watch your parents die from neglectful doctors and not afford their medications is something everyone should address, as everyone will benefit at some time or another. But no, yolo it up.

boutons_deux
02-20-2020, 03:53 PM

what about the drivers who are MANDATED by law to have insurance, but never have an accident?

And what about the increasing number of 30 and younger people with diabetes, CVD, NAFLD, and "old people" diseases?

are you trolling or FUCKING stupid?

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 03:54 PM
The real truth though is that someone like you, a healthy guy in his 30s who makes good money, is always going to be subsidizing other people one way or the other.

This. I am this guy, and am happy to subsidize society, and give on top of that. I'm in my prime, others aren't. If you want to address this Texas style:

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.

SnakeBoy
02-20-2020, 03:56 PM

The part you Bernie bros are glossing over is that none of the successful universal healthcare models are remotely similar to Bernie's plan. He is proposing we copy a failed approach that to my knowledge is only still being used in Cuba.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 04:00 PM
The part you Bernie bros are glossing over is that none of the successful universal healthcare models are remotely similar to Bernie's plan. He is proposing we copy a failed approach that to my knowledge is only still being used in Cuba.
i think there are a lot of factors to the failed state of cuba besides their healthcare plan.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 04:02 PM
if you are getting healthcare through an employer-sponsored program, your pay stub will already have lines addressing your tax withholdings, and a separate line for your health plan deduction.

saying "but bernie's plan is going to increase the tax number" without considering that you are going to eliminate the health insurance deduction is incredibly misleading

Will Hunting
02-20-2020, 04:04 PM
It’s the part I gloss over because it’s the part that’s never going to get done. There’s never going to be a ban on private insurance in this country.

SnakeBoy
02-20-2020, 04:05 PM
i think there are a lot of factors to the failed state of cuba besides their healthcare plan.

Glossing over

Honestly don't know how you go from wanting a universal healthcare system to wanting only what the govt says you can have.

RandomGuy
02-20-2020, 04:05 PM

Not a Bernie bro, and not glossing over anything.

Honestly, anything the Democrats are proposing are worlds better than the non-existent ideas that Trump is putting out there, and worlds better than the broken, hideously inefficient system we have now.

Any Democratic proposal that vastly expands government coverage will cut wait times, reduce overall costs, make people healthier than they are now, and reduce bankruptcies.

What you won't admit is our current system is fucking broken, and the free market fairy ain't gonna magically fix it, because the "free market" broke it in the first place.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 04:07 PM
going by the "average healthcare cost" feature, and assuming married filing jointly, the rough break-even point here is an income of $150k. a household income of that amount would place you roughly in the 85th percentile in the US

SnakeBoy
02-20-2020, 04:07 PM
It’s the part I gloss over because it’s the part that’s never going to get done. There’s never going to be a ban on private insurance in this country.

So what is the hope if he's POTUS? That you get a public option maybe?

RandomGuy
02-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Glossing over

Honestly don't know how you go from wanting a universal healthcare system to wanting only what the govt says you can have.

Ask an insurer for some procedure without pre-authorization, and tell me how theirbureaucrats' refusal to pay is any different in effect.

vy65
02-20-2020, 04:09 PM
And its the same as before, because health insurance. Plus, none of this is taking into account that SALT deduction limit is killing the middle class anyway. That would likely be reversed if any dem was president, because it was just a tax that targeted blue states. Removing that alone makes this easily at least a wash for me, personally.

Solid point. Would make Uncle Free Shit seem way more palatable if this were included, but I haven't heard any such discussion.

vy65
02-20-2020, 04:11 PM
The real truth though is that someone like you, a healthy guy in his 30s who makes good money, is always going to be subsidizing other people one way or the other. Right now your tax dollars are subsidizing the defense industry with spending we don’t need.

Sad truth. But with an R, I'm at least getting promised tax cuts. Granted, I ended up paying more in taxes under Dear Leader. However, I will pay approximately 4x more if Uncle Free Shit is elected.

I just find it funny that everyone is quick to point at my demographic and say "fair share" or dumb shit like whatever the fuck Boots said. I don't complain about it too much because I don't have a choice. My point is just that my demographic gets fucked when it comes to tax reform and no one bats an eye. Which is not right.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Glossing over

sweden has all but eliminated private care. it covers about 2% of their people, is heavily regulated locally, and typically only offers supplemental coverage

SnakeBoy
02-20-2020, 04:12 PM
What you won't admit is our current system is fucking broken, and the free market fairy ain't gonna magically fix it, because the "free market" broke it in the first place.

I've said for over a decade on here that I'm not opposed to universal coverage. Just need to see a realistic plan for this country. No democrat has yet to offer one. Well I guess Obama offered a first step in the public option but got shot down immediately by his own party.

I've never said the GOP has the answers. Outside of Lindsey Graham they have no idea's at all.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 04:13 PM
Solid point. Would make Uncle Free Shit seem way more palatable if this were included, but I haven't heard any such discussion.
arent salt deductions basically the states getting subsidized by uncle sam?

vy65
02-20-2020, 04:21 PM
arent salt deductions basically the states getting subsidized by uncle sam?

Sure, but so what?

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 04:24 PM

Thats because they love them some taxes :shrug: even if they are ill-gotten, they will find a way to spend the revenue.

RandomGuy
02-20-2020, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2XRg3dy9k&t=891s

Pros/cons as weighed by Jon Oliver

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 04:26 PM

Not saying Uncle Free Shit is great by any means, would rather be in better times where we didn't need such drastic measures. But anything is better than Kids in Cages. The current dude is literally a mix of Hitler and John Gotti. It doesn't end well for the country when a president can circumvent the checks and balances. Then we just turn into another Shithole Country.

DarrinS
02-20-2020, 04:33 PM
Not saying Uncle Free Shit is great by any means, would rather be in better times where we didn't need such drastic measures. But anything is better than Kids in Cages. The current dude is literally a mix of Hitler and John Gotti. It doesn't end well for the country when a president can circumvent the checks and balances. Then we just turn into another Shithole Country.

^posted from Auschwitz

Winehole23
02-20-2020, 04:39 PM
^posted by Professor Pangloss, from the best of all possible worlds

Will Hunting
02-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Yep a public option and price controls that make the public option attractive. I think someone like Buttplug might get a public option but it’d suck and would basically just be Medicaid level healthcare that doesn’t require an income test.

Warren would be my choice but I think the damage is done with her and her campaign is over.

Will Hunting
02-20-2020, 04:42 PM
Sad truth. But with an R, I'm at least getting promised tax cuts. Granted, I ended up paying more in taxes under Dear Leader. However, I will pay approximately 4x more if Uncle Free Shit is elected.

I just find it funny that everyone is quick to point at my demographic and say "fair share" or dumb shit like whatever the fuck Boots said. I don't complain about it too much because I don't have a choice. My point is just that my demographic gets fucked when it comes to tax reform and no one bats an eye. Which is not right.
I have a hard time believing your tax liability goes up by literally 4x under Bernie. If that were true we’d be hearing other candidates talking about it (not you specifically but your (and my) demographic).

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Yep a public option and price controls that make the public option attractive. I think someone like Buttplug might get a public option but it’d suck and would basically just be Medicaid level healthcare that doesn’t require an income test.

Warren would be my choice but I think the damage is done with her and her campaign is over.

Public option would be excellent, for those who need it.

Warren would be a good president. Sharp and decisive, with a good heart. But chances are she will slip up with these high risk tactics she takes. Especially in a shark infested field like the dems have today. It's a cultural thing with her campaign.

vy65
02-20-2020, 04:55 PM

Few have made their disdain for Dear Leader known more than me. I get it. And I'm not even opposed to being taxed more. I would prefer that the burden I end up shouldering go to something I care more about and support, i.e., infrastructure development.

vy65
02-20-2020, 04:57 PM
I have a hard time believing your tax liability goes up by literally 4x under Bernie. If that were true we’d be hearing other candidates talking about it (not you specifically but your (and my) demographic).

I ended up paying 2k more under dear leader. My estimated tax refund was -10k under bernietax.com. It's fair to question the sources, but I was speaking in terms of rough numbers. Obviously, this doesn't account for my individual tax treatment, i.e., deductions and all that.

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 04:58 PM
public option would definitely be an improvement to what we have now, but on its own would do next to nothing to attack cost. administrative costs of healthcare providers because they have to deal with all the different insurers, billing/collections departments. insurance company administrative costs, profits, etc. doesnt help negotiating leverage. doesnt address the concern with people being in/out of network, etc.

public option as defined by bootyjudge, for instance, as far as im aware, is still going to have deductibles/copays. if you dont attack cost, your coverage is not going to be efficient. we'd be paying more per capita for people covered under the public option than we would under M4A because it doesnt address cost

boutons_deux
02-20-2020, 04:59 PM

there is no Buttegieg protect-BigInsurance bullshit of "Medicare for All (for Those Who Want It)"

and Medicare for all to be paid out Labor AND Capital income.

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 05:05 PM
Warren would be a good president.

delusional

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 05:06 PM
Few have made their disdain for Dear Leader known more than me. I get it. And I'm not even opposed to being taxed more. I would prefer that the burden I end up shouldering go to something I care more about and support, i.e., infrastructure development.

more taxes have never worked in any of our favor... give to the gov't and it just takes, takes, takes... so stay delusional like the rest of the losers here on ST.

vy65
02-20-2020, 05:10 PM

Warren would be a good president. Sharp and decisive, with a good heart. But chances are she will slip up with these high risk tactics she takes. Especially in a shark infested field like the dems have today. It's a cultural thing with her campaign.

This.

vy65
02-20-2020, 05:11 PM
more taxes have never worked in any of our favor... give to the gov't and it just takes, takes, takes... so stay delusional like the rest of the losers here on ST.

I used to think this way. Then I started making more money. Keep up ya grind lil homie.

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 05:15 PM
I used to think this way. Then I started making more money. Keep up ya grind lil homie.

so your thinking has changed to give more to the gov't? :lmao

Spurminator
02-20-2020, 05:22 PM

When you voted for Dear Leader did you expect to get a wall along the entire border of Mexico funded by Mexico, or were you content that you might get a few US Military-funded miles and a more aggressive ICE?

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 05:25 PM
When you voted for Dear Leader did you expect to get a wall along the entire border of Mexico funded by Mexico, or were you content that you might get a few US Military-funded miles and a more aggressive ICE?

or did you expect such a partisan coup to hold djt back from his promises...

spurraider21
02-20-2020, 05:30 PM
:lmao democrat coup to make mike pence president

vy65
02-20-2020, 05:31 PM
so your thinking has changed to give more to the gov't? :lmao

Read my post and try again lil guy.

Spurminator
02-20-2020, 05:32 PM

I did not expect Trump to fail so miserably at his #1 campaign promise when he had a GOP majority in every branch of government in the first two years of his presidency, no, you're right. That was a surprise.

baseline bum
02-20-2020, 05:38 PM
Makes me die laughing when Republicans blame Democrats for Trump not getting his wall. He had two years to get it done without a single Democrat vote. But he didn't want it until the day before Christmas break right before the Democrats were set to take over the House. All he wanted to do was play victim, whine to the media, and pretend it wasn't his fault that his wall was dead. He owns the GOP and can make them do what he wants and yet he never said shit about the wall until it was too late to get anything accomplished. He never wanted the wall, it's a fucking campaign slogan and that's it.

baseline bum
02-20-2020, 05:39 PM
I did not expect Trump to fail so miserably at his #1 campaign promise when he had a GOP majority in every branch of government in the first two years of his presidency, no, you're right. That was a surprise.

I did expect Trump to be a lazy piece of shit. I'm not too surprised tbh.

Spurminator
02-20-2020, 05:45 PM
He never wanted the wall, it's a fucking campaign slogan and that's it.

Actually disagree with this. I absolutely believe Trump wanted a wall, thought he could get Mexico to pay for it, and he wanted his name on it in huge lettering every quarter mile. It's a perfect Donald Trump ego project.

I think it was made clear to him by GOP leadership that it was never gonna happen, and they helped him deflect the blame.

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 06:21 PM
there is no Buttegieg protect-BigInsurance bullshit of "Medicare for All (for Those Who Want It)"

and Medicare for all to be paid out Labor AND Capital income.

Correct, Buttgieg proposes nothing basically. Just status quo for the upper class, and more of the same for the lower class. With likely fewer Kids in Cages. But still global warming and other issues remain.

phxspurfan
02-20-2020, 06:25 PM
I did expect Trump to be a lazy piece of shit. I'm not too surprised tbh.

every president for the past 30 years has been a lazy POS. That was my position when Trump got elected. "The country will remain on autopilot."

The problem is, the cabinet is always more powerful, and his cabinet consists of people he has done business with, or random extreme right-wingers to appease the Republican party/far right base. That has spelled problems for America, as it has turned into a Nationalist country representing only middle state Whites, and not a centrist one that represents all people therein.

boutons_deux
02-20-2020, 06:28 PM
Sure Trash wanted a wall, he promised his racist cult mob a wall as fundamental to his racist appeal,

that's why he declared a national emergency to steal DoD, etc, funds to pay for it when Congress wouldn't.

and of course, even if his name wasn't on it (Sure to be "dedication" plaque somewhere, like all govt buildings),

he would always point to HIS personal wall as a monument to himself, since his ugly puss ain't gonna be carved into a mountain.

btw, $5 rebar ladder scales the wall :lol

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 06:31 PM
so funny how you all believe a man who has had his hands tied behind his back with faux scandals and impeachments can get anything done while scrutinizing eyes from loony libs are on him 24/7.

yall are all fucking nuts!

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 06:32 PM
Sure Trash wanted a wall, he promised his racist cult mob a wall as fundamental to his racist appeal,

that's why he declared a national emergency to steal DoD, etc, funds to pay for it when Congress wouldn't.

and of course, even if his name wasn't on it (Sure to be "dedication" plaque somewhere, like all govt buildings),

he would always point to HIS personal wall as a monument to himself, since his ugly puss ain't gonna be carved into a mountain.

btw, $5 rebar ladder scales the wall :lol

you need to seek help in the worst of way you loony pathetic loser.

btw, enough rebar to make a ladder would be more than $5 but your dumbass wouldn't know and you've probably never used your hands for anything manly tbh.

hater
02-20-2020, 07:26 PM

awesome Id only be making -200

id pay that to have my man Bernie as Chief

hater
02-20-2020, 09:40 PM
Bernie is a total fraud scumbag millionaire who doesn't live the lies he preaches to his gullible retard supporters.

Fucking die already bernie!

bernie is a true niga

he has a house in Dc cause he works there, a house back home and a tiny lake hut have you seen the pics of it? its a shit hole :lmao

bernie is a true niga

https://twitter.com/vitogesualdi/status/1230344152610570240?s=21

koriwhat
02-20-2020, 09:55 PM
bernie is a true niga

he has a house in Dc cause he works there, a house back home and a tiny lake hut have you seen the pics of it? its a shit hole :lmao

bernie is a true niga

https://twitter.com/vitogesualdi/status/1230344152610570240?s=21

are you trolling or downplaying his "little" 3rd house on land he owns no doubt?

fuck that socialist commie scumbag and i hope his next heart attack takes him to commie hell! :tu

hater
02-20-2020, 10:12 PM
are you trolling or downplaying his "little" 3rd house on land he owns no doubt?

fuck that socialist commie scumbag and i hope his next heart attack takes him to commie hell! :tu

disagree

sure he has a good chance of dying soon

but hes our last hope for f saving the country and taking it back to the people

the income inequality is not only obscene but dangerous

its bernie or bust ma niga

pgardn
02-20-2020, 10:52 PM
disagree

This is about the only thing you have ever written I agree with.
But why this has happened and how it is solved is a problem.

DarrinS
02-20-2020, 11:02 PM
disagree

I think it's kinda cool that regular people can start companies out of their garage and become billionaires. There's definitely an ambition inequality. It is what it is.

Obi Juan Kenobi
02-21-2020, 01:30 AM
I wish Bernie would talk more about how along with his transition to Medicare for all, the government is also going to regulate the hell out of these insane prices that we see for pharmaceutical drugs and medical procedures...

Yeah Medicare for all is going to work because hospitals will not be allowed to charge $100,000 for a heart attack treatment or $100 for a pill of aspirin that I could get at HEB for a fraction of the price...

ElNono
02-21-2020, 07:06 AM
so funny how you all believe a man who has had his hands tied behind his back with faux scandals and impeachments can get anything done while scrutinizing eyes from loony libs are on him 24/7.

Funny how he had his hands very free to pass another tax handout favoring largely rich people... He also had no problem sending a law to repeal Barrycare that got nowhere simply because his own party wouldn’t vote for it.

At the end of the day, the GOP have only themselves to blame for a lot of that shit.

hater
02-21-2020, 07:42 AM
I think it's kinda cool that regular people can start companies out of their garage and become billionaires. There's definitely an ambition inequality. It is what it is.

like 3 ppl did that :lmao out of 300 million ppl. thats fucking sad

I think its not cool that ppl cant feed their kids or take them to dr tbqh

Winehole23
02-21-2020, 09:03 AM

fuck that socialist commie scumbag and i hope his next heart attack takes him to commie hell! :tuDo you have to be a hobo living under a bridge to criticize capitalism?

Not rhetorical.

DMC
02-21-2020, 09:04 AM
:lmao democrat coup to make mike pence president

The dems were talking impeachment before he ever set foot in office.

Spurminator
02-21-2020, 09:49 AM

Even if that were the case, when you see a drunk heading for the car you start preparing for the consequences of his driving.

boutons_deux
02-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Trash was fined/paid $25M for fraud. How is that not impeachable?

15+ women went on video to say he sexually assaulte them. How is that not impeachable?

Immunity does not apply to crimes as private citizen.

pgardn
02-21-2020, 10:08 AM

pgardn
02-21-2020, 10:09 AM

And ambition of course is a quality that is always equally achievable. You have it or you don’t.
It has nothing to do with guidance and prosperity growing up.

This again is an example to the board of a person who does not understand you have to care to have skins in the game to want to do something you can feel a sense of accomplishment from. What is the recipe for creating people who don’t care because they see no hope, therefore nothing to lose, “ I’m not part of this game, this society.” How would one go about producing these types of people?

Oh it’s just a choice. A choice based on what...? like it has nothing to do with your first days on earth... Who you are surrounded by and what you are surrounded by. But, but... Jose grew up in severe poverty and was a foster child his developing years and he made it. (Taking no note that for every Jose there are 1000 that don’t give a shit and see themselves as not a part of anything society has to offer.)

Yeah, purely a choice. No environmental influences. Nobody said it was fair. Let’s make it as easy as possible to understand and fix. It’s merely a choice, everything is.

Winehole23
02-21-2020, 10:32 AM
like 3 ppl did that :lmao out of 300 million ppl. thats fucking sad

I think its not cool that ppl cant feed their kids or take them to dr tbqh
Ritual obeisance to the Steve Jobs garage, but none to the $300,000 dollars he got from mom and dad.

pgardn
02-21-2020, 11:04 AM
There will be people brought up under the best circumstances who will turn into total flunkies who dont give a shit about anything.
There will be people brought up under the worst circumstances who will turn into the most wonderful contributors to our democracy and all the benefits that go with it.

And some of us will look for these examples and call them the norm, or say, see its possible, not what is probable.

We know the recipe for making people more likely not to give a shit about anything and therefore have no skins in the game and nothing to lose. So they wont play by the rules that benefit the majority, rules that attempt to create some degree of fairness even though we all know its impossible to achieve. At least make the attempt to strive for some sort of fairness for every individual. (No I dont believe in monetary reparations for people who had great, great grandparents treated in a horribly unfair manner. But I do understand why they might feel that they might never be a full member of a society that treated their relatives in an inhumane manner)

Why does Darrin feel he has skins in the game?
How come Darrin does care about fulfilling goals and working hard to accomplish this?

DarrinS
02-21-2020, 11:16 AM
Ritual obeisance to the Steve Jobs garage, but none to the $300,000 dollars he got from mom and dad.

Link?

This isn't the story I know.

RandomGuy
02-21-2020, 11:38 AM

So, massive income and wealth inequality, crushing poverty, and endless human misery is fine, as long as a handful of people out of 400 million can become billionaires.

Evil is fine with you, as long as there is a lottery that lets a handful of people escape it.

This makes my argument that conservatives are morally and intellectually bankrupt easier.

DarrinS
02-21-2020, 11:50 AM
So, massive income and wealth inequality, crushing poverty, and endless human misery is fine, as long as a handful of people out of 400 million can become billionaires.

Evil is fine with you, as long as there is a lottery that lets a handful of people escape it.

This makes my argument that conservatives are morally and intellectually bankrupt easier.

Lol, lottery

DarrinS
02-21-2020, 11:50 AM

Link?

Bueller?

DarrinS
02-21-2020, 11:53 AM
This evil lottery winner just donated 10B to RG's favorite religion

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/2/17/21141229/jeff-bezos-climate-change-ten-billion

:lmao

RandomGuy
02-21-2020, 11:56 AM
Link?

hmm 300k came from an investor, as noted in the movie, and quite a bit of other seed money came from family/friends/re-invested profits from earlier projects.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-movie-Jobs-Steve-Jobs-says-Well-do-the-90-000-investment-At-a-300-000-valuation-But-I-also-want-you-to-kick-in-a-250-000-credit-line-with-10-interest-to-be-paid-back-in-full-once-we-meet-net-revenue-positive-What-does-that-mean

RandomGuy
02-21-2020, 11:58 AM
Lol, lottery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule

(shrugs)

Intellectually bankrupt.

I point out how rare it is and all you can do for a counter argument is a smiley.

Spurminator
02-21-2020, 11:58 AM

So what's your excuse? Why aren't you a billionaire?

DarrinS
02-21-2020, 12:02 PM
hmm 300k came from an investor, as noted in the movie, and quite a bit of other seed money came from family/friends/re-invested profits from earlier projects.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-movie-Jobs-Steve-Jobs-says-Well-do-the-90-000-investment-At-a-300-000-valuation-But-I-also-want-you-to-kick-in-a-250-000-credit-line-with-10-interest-to-be-paid-back-in-full-once-we-meet-net-revenue-positive-What-does-that-mean

That's quite a bit different from a 300K gift from mom and dad. Lol, whinehole.

DMC
02-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Even if that were the case, when you see a drunk heading for the car you start preparing for the consequences of his driving.

The electoral college, in this case the authority having jurisdiction, decided he was fit to drive.

RandomGuy
02-21-2020, 12:12 PM
Whats in it for them

same thing everyone says when they have to pay taxes for schools and roads. We live in a society of nice things that cost money to construct and maintain. Nothing is free. Not having to watch people starve on street corners while you complain about the homeless problem/watch your parents die from neglectful doctors and not afford their medications is something everyone should address, as everyone will benefit at some time or another. But no, yolo it up.

What many miss, is that word "society". A group of people.

There is an interconnected-ness that seems to be hard for some ideologies to comprehend.

You have an interest in my children, just as I have an interest in yours, or that bridge somewhere that I may never personally drive across, but across which someone I hire may drive, or some product I buy may drive.

Further, you have to ask yourself, even if you want to blame poor people for being poor, despite the science that shows poverty causes poor decisions, and not vice versa, whether you would seek to punish their children for their bad decisions.

I personally would not. I know what the science says. I understand economics.

People are an ASSET, not a cost. Invest in that asset, with health care to keep them healthy, and an education to make them productive, and you get a return on that investment.

That is my biggest problem with modern conservatism. It is mindlessly judgmental, and wasteful of people. No small core of this is religious, with the concept that "all people start as depraved from original sin" poisoning the entire ideology, whether consciously or not for many.

DMC
02-21-2020, 12:13 PM
There will be people brought up under the best circumstances who will turn into total flunkies who dont give a shit about anything.
There will be people brought up under the worst circumstances who will turn into the most wonderful contributors to our democracy and all the benefits that go with it.

And some of us will look for these examples and call them the norm, or say, see its possible, not what is probable.

We know the recipe for making people more likely not to give a shit about anything and therefore have no skins in the game and nothing to lose. So they wont play by the rules that benefit the majority, rules that attempt to create some degree of fairness even though we all know its impossible to achieve. At least make the attempt to strive for some sort of fairness for every individual. (No I dont believe in monetary reparations for people who had great, great grandparents treated in a horribly unfair manner. But I do understand why they might feel that they might never be a full member of a society that treated their relatives in an inhumane manner)

Why does Darrin feel he has skins in the game?
How come Darrin does care about fulfilling goals and working hard to accomplish this?

You think out loud, ask yourself rhetorical questions then answer them.. and you expect anyone here to follow? :lol

Good luck escaping that mental spider's web.

RandomGuy
02-21-2020, 12:15 PM

Some were indeed.

Some in the Trump party were talking impeachment of Hillary in the same time period. Benghazi and butter emails for four years.

I have little doubt that the Democratic nominee, whoever that is, will face the same.

DMC
02-21-2020, 12:19 PM
What many miss, is that word "society". A group of people.

There is an interconnected-ness that seems to be hard for some ideologies to comprehend.

You have an interest in my children, just as I have an interest in yours, or that bridge somewhere that I may never personally drive across, but across which someone I hire may drive, or some product I buy may drive.

Further, you have to ask yourself, even if you want to blame poor people for being poor, despite the science that shows poverty causes poor decisions, and not vice versa, whether you would seek to punish their children for their bad decisions.

I personally would not. I know what the science says. I understand economics.

People are an ASSET, not a cost. Invest in that asset, with health care to keep them healthy, and an education to make them productive, and you get a return on that investment.

That is my biggest problem with modern conservatism. It is mindlessly judgmental, and wasteful of people. No small core of this is religious, with the concept that "all people start as depraved from original sin" poisoning the entire ideology, whether consciously or not for many.

Many on the right don't feel they need you or anyone else on the left. I get it you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive. They are basically fleas and ticks except fleas and ticks are, by nature, parasites. Your system doesn't allow discretion where that's concerned, everyone is valuable in that system. In reality, only those who provide are helpful. As long as those providing can compensate the social system for those who either cannot or will not provide, the system will be sustained, but what regulates that?

Chucho
02-21-2020, 12:21 PM
I wish Bernie would talk more about how along with his transition to Medicare for all, the government is also going to regulate the hell out of these insane prices that we see for pharmaceutical drugs and medical procedures...

Yeah Medicare for all is going to work because hospitals will not be allowed to charge $100,000 for a heart attack treatment or $100 for a pill of aspirin that I could get at HEB for a fraction of the price...

The reason healthcare is so expensive is because the criminal price gouging of medical goods and equipment. Medicare for All is farcical if they don't regulate the costs of the goods and meds.

Overloading a broken system with more people it can't handle is bad for the system and the medical professionals servicing the patients, sending 350 million into a system where the medical manufacturers can gouge even more people loaded with government money is leading pigs to slaughter. Sounds like a seedy Conservative scheme, honestly.

DMC
02-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Some were indeed.

Some in the Trump party were talking impeachment of Hillary in the same time period. Benghazi and butter emails for four years.

I have little doubt that the Democratic nominee, whoever that is, will face the same.

But Hillary wasn't impeached. It's indeed a coup attempt if the other side was planning all along to find a way to oust you regardless of the reason. The left would rather face Pence than Trump in the election.

RandomGuy
02-21-2020, 01:24 PM
Many on the right don't feel they need you or anyone else on the left. I get it you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive. They are basically fleas and ticks except fleas and ticks are, by nature, parasites. Your system doesn't allow discretion where that's concerned, everyone is valuable in that system. In reality, only those who provide are helpful. As long as those providing can compensate the social system for those who either cannot or will not provide, the system will be sustained, but what regulates that?

"don't feel"

People who are, in fact, wrong about things "feel" they are right, just as much as people who are, in fact, right about things "feel" they are right. The best way to tell the difference between the two is evidence.

I know, based on studying economics, that people are interdependent. "feel" doesn't play into it.

That is why your ideology fails when applied to the real world. too many "feels" and not enough accurate modeling of reality.

you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive.

Quantify this to a reasonable degree, with peer reviewed evidence. If you can't, or won't, well that says all I need to know about what you "feel" is true.

koriwhat
02-21-2020, 03:31 PM
disagree

you're a lost cause...

Do you have to be a hobo living under a bridge to criticize capitalism?

Not rhetorical.

i'm all for capitalism and always have been. think big, do big! sure, there's bad capitalists at the very top but capitalism is the only system that allows those with ideas/skills to prosper. fuck being a soulless cog in the machine like communism.

pgardn
02-21-2020, 09:34 PM
You think out loud, ask yourself rhetorical questions then answer them.. and you expect anyone here to follow? :lol

Good luck escaping that mental spider's web.

Again, you walk into the middle of a movie and try to figure out what’s going on when you have no clue why I might address a certain poster who was NOT you.

And yes, you bet you will get crushed again. Remember how you measure the wind in Braille nature boy?
I address you directly and that mouth will eventually shut. And no one else knows why but you and I.
So don’t worry about your standing, only you and I know the score.
And that score says you get into things in which you don’t know what the fck you are talking about.

DMC
02-21-2020, 10:19 PM
"don't feel"

People who are, in fact, wrong about things "feel" they are right, just as much as people who are, in fact, right about things "feel" they are right. The best way to tell the difference between the two is evidence.
I know, based on studying economics, that people are interdependent. "feel" doesn't play into it.

That is why your ideology fails when applied to the real world. too many "feels" and not enough accurate modeling of reality.

Quantify this to a reasonable degree, with peer reviewed evidence. If you can't, or won't, well that says all I need to know about what you "feel" is true.

How is anything you said relevant in any way to what I said? You basically went off the reservation about "feel".

So with your accurate modeling of reality (whatever the fuck that means), who are your peers who are reviewing this evidence and what qualifies your peers as authorities on the matter?

DMC
02-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Again, you walk into the middle of a movie and try to figure out what’s going on when you have no clue why I might address a certain poster who was NOT you.

And yes, you bet you will get crushed again. Remember how you measure the wind in Braille nature boy?
I address you directly and that mouth will eventually shut. And no one else knows why but you and I.
So don’t worry about your standing, only you and I know the score.
And that score says you get into things in which you don’t know what the fck you are talking about.

Shut the fuck up you retarded dipshit. You're like a poor man's Avante.

pgardn
02-21-2020, 10:25 PM
Shut the fuck up you retarded dipshit. You're like a poor man's Avante.

The head hunter for PHDs in science has given his decree.
What a load of BS.

Old man, you need to grow up and keep up.

DMC
02-21-2020, 10:33 PM
The head hunter for PHDs in science has given his decree.
What a load of BS.

Old man, you need to grow up and keep up.

You're a retard. You seem to be suffering from some type of brain injury.

Winehole23
02-22-2020, 03:15 AM
you're a lost cause...

i'm all for capitalism and always have been. think big, do big! sure, there's bad capitalists at the very top but capitalism is the only system that allows those with ideas/skills to prosper. fuck being a soulless cog in the machine like capitalism.Agree 100%

pgardn
02-22-2020, 08:03 AM
You're a retard. You seem to be suffering from some type of brain injury.

Thats right.
End This now.
Its best for you.

koriwhat
02-22-2020, 04:06 PM
Agree 100%

you agree with fake news... sounds about right. keep changing quotes to fit your bullshit narrative like a good little lefty! :tu

Blake
02-22-2020, 08:10 PM

:cheer boo the loony libs

koriwhat
02-22-2020, 08:43 PM
:cheer boo the loony libs

nah, just boo loony weak male feminists like yourself bitchblaKKKe :tu

hater
02-22-2020, 09:26 PM
ma niga Bernie pushing everyones shit in tonight :lmao

fuck you gucks Bernie is da truff

RandomGuy
02-24-2020, 10:36 AM
you think you need everyone, but that concept breeds lazy freeloaders who know you feel this way and are more than happy to latch onto your sense of responsibility so they can avoid giving any real effort to survive.

How is anything you said relevant in any way to what I said? You basically went off the reservation about "feel".

So with your accurate modeling of reality (whatever the fuck that means), who are your peers who are reviewing this evidence and what qualifies your peers as authorities on the matter?

Not going to explain the concept of peer-review to you. Google is that way. ----------------->

You make a claim, and I called you on it. You slipped up and accidentally had a take in your rush to feel superior and judgy.

Not going to argue with "give people everything and some will abuse that system". Granted.

I want to know if it is a big enough problem to scrap social safety nets, as you seem to imply in your critique, i.e. "your ideology breeds".

My take:
I fully expect you to run away. Defending ideas, having reasonable definitions, takes time and effort. You have never shown any proclivity towards having the sense of personal responsibility to defend anything.