PDA

View Full Version : Males wearing sports gear in public

FrostKing
02-22-2020, 02:40 PM
My buddy spent his paycheck on all kinds of Chief super bowl stuff. Mostly t-shirts and jerseys. Makes me wonder when/where/why is he gonna wear that stuff considering he isn't the type to sports bar it

What is your opinion of people randomly wearing sports gear in public. Not to game, not to even sports bar. This outfit is usually paired with sweatpants/gym shorts and food stain.

I tend to find it scrubby. My initial reaction is they have shitty clothes/can't dress or are a simple minded sports fanatics

leemajors
02-22-2020, 03:31 PM
why do you care what other people wear?

BD24
02-22-2020, 03:57 PM
Other men at that tbh

FrostKing
02-22-2020, 04:03 PM
It is an eye sore. Also troubling to be surrounded by low class trash.

BD24
02-22-2020, 04:06 PM
Thanks for admitting your poor

Xevious
02-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Surrounded where? If you're employed at a place where dudes wear shorts and jerseys all the time, maybe you need to find a new line of work.

DMC
02-22-2020, 04:53 PM
My buddy spent his paycheck on all kinds of Chief super bowl stuff. Mostly t-shirts and jerseys. Makes me wonder when/where/why is he gonna wear that stuff considering he isn't the type to sports bar it

What is your opinion of people randomly wearing sports gear in public. Not to game, not to even sports bar. This outfit is usually paired with sweatpants/gym shorts and food stain.

I tend to find it scrubby. My initial reaction is they have shitty clothes/can't dress or are a simple minded sports fanatics

They obviously wear it on flights. I haven't seen a single Warriors jersey this season, but I have seen dozens of Chiefs hats and jerseys, and a few Lakers jerseys are starting to appear. Sports fans live vicariously through their sports teams and heroes, but they only live the wins, not the losses.

DMC
02-22-2020, 04:54 PM
Surrounded where? If you're employed at a place where dudes wear shorts and jerseys all the time, maybe you need to find a new line of work.

Unless you're in the NBA

FrostKing
02-22-2020, 05:07 PM
Finally, DMC redeemed my faith in this place. I was beginning to worry it's just full of slobs.

Spurtacular
02-22-2020, 05:57 PM
Tough call. I respect the non-troll arguments on both sides of this issue.

DJR210
02-23-2020, 01:29 PM
:lol In public doing whatever it is you do and all you can think about is male fashion choices

Trill Clinton
02-23-2020, 01:53 PM
why do you care what other men wear?

not alpha at all tbh

Joseph Kony
02-23-2020, 01:59 PM
only a faggot cares what another man is wearing

Spurtacular
02-23-2020, 03:39 PM
I don't wear jerseys in public; not necessarily because of whatever stigma; but because I simply don't really want to. Sometimes, I might have clothing that has a team insignia or a tee-shirt based on a team; not really lately though.

Mark Celibate
02-23-2020, 04:20 PM

outside of a gym, i would never think about wearing any of that stuff in public. always gotta look sharp imo but that's just me.

only time i think i've won sports gear as an adult is probably a cheap Cowboys team t-shirt to the gym when working out where i just don't give a shit and didn't even think twice about it. i'd never purchase/wear an individual player's jersey under any circumstance tho

Blake
02-23-2020, 04:30 PM
It's actually fascinating to look back at pics and what people would wear even to the mall and the movies back in the 60s.

Wearing athletic gear in public really wasn't a thing until the late 80s iirc. Now chicks wear spandex and pajamas out and about.

Shit I remember as a kid it was sloppy to wear jeans to church even if it was with a nice shirt. Now preachers get up there bare foot.

DJR210
02-23-2020, 05:03 PM
Now chicks wear spandex and pajamas out and about.

God bless them for that.. when the suns out and shining right through them pants :tu

Meanwhile, OP is staring at men's packages and shoes

TimDunkem
02-23-2020, 05:27 PM
only a faggot cares what another man is wearing

FrostKing
02-23-2020, 07:29 PM
outside of a gym, i would never think about wearing any of that stuff in public. always gotta look sharp imo but that's just me.

only time i think i've won sports gear as an adult is probably a cheap Cowboys team t-shirt to the gym when working out where i just don't give a shit and didn't even think twice about it. i'd never purchase/wear an individual player's jersey under any circumstance tho
Completely agree. No telling who you will see or meet in public. Never waste an opportunity. Life is too short to slob around. Then again not everyone has fashion sense.

Some people I know will take a shower and throw on a hat. Not sure what the purpose is if you are spending your time in a car and indoors

Spurtacular
02-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Shit I remember as a kid it was sloppy to wear jeans to church even if it was with a nice shirt. Now preachers get up there bare foot.

:lmao Cuck goes to church when he's not lashing out about Jesus.

BD24
02-23-2020, 08:20 PM
God bless them for that.. when the suns out and shining right through them pants :tu

Meanwhile, OP is staring at men's packages and shoes
:lol tbh

Spurtacular
02-23-2020, 08:25 PM
FrostKing (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51741) and Mark Celibate (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544) probably snappier dressers than me. But I agree with not looking like a slob in public.

Probably about the only exception I make is late-night store runs.

Blake
02-23-2020, 08:30 PM
FrostKing (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51741) and Mark Celibate (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544) probably snappier dressers than me. But I agree with not looking like a slob in public.

Yeah I can't imagine you'd look snappy after a long Saturday night on the spurstalks

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2020, 09:57 PM
saw some clown wearin td jersey at supermarket, was goin to shout out cuck

Mark Celibate
02-23-2020, 11:26 PM

forgot about det one, yeah if I'm just going to Wal-green/Walmart it's probably sweatpants or whatever. IMO, if most men just did these three things:

i) hit the gym
ii) wear the correct fitting clothes (you have no idea how many guys I see out there with shirts getting untucked because they're wearing MC Hammer pants that are four size too big)
iii) well groomed/nice haircut

if any guy could just do those three things, they're automatically in the top 20% IMO

Spurtacular
02-24-2020, 12:12 AM
forgot about det one, yeah if I'm just going to Wal-green/Walmart it's probably sweatpants or whatever. IMO, if most men just did these three things:

i) hit the gym
ii) wear the correct fitting clothes (you have no idea how many guys I see out there with shirts getting untucked because they're wearing MC Hammer pants that are four size too big)

if any guy could just do those three things, they're automatically in the top 20% IMO

I still shower / dress regular most the time if I'm not pressed on time.
I'm not a shirt tucker either on all shirts like polos. I can see a value in it though.

Mark Celibate
02-24-2020, 07:41 AM
I still shower / dress regular most the time if I'm not pressed on time.
I'm not a shirt tucker either on all shirts like polos. I can see a value in it though.

fwiw, I mainly meant the business casual look when at work when I mentioned tucking in shirts imo

BD24
02-24-2020, 10:28 AM
saw some clown wearin td jersey at supermarket, was goin to shout out cuck
But you didn’t....because your a pussy

FrostKing
02-24-2020, 02:42 PM

i) hit the gym

#2 is often overlooked issue. Many maybe even majority of Americans wear the wrong size. Atleast 1 size too large. Large pockets of the nation are stuck in 90s fashion. The recent focus on "slim fit" has been a move in the right direction. There is inconsistency in the sizing and how it lays on the body.

I wore XL for a number of years but after feeling embarrassed in Europe, I switched (at the gym) to more lean look and returned to my size in high school - Large. But I have a gym sweater from Wal-Mart and it is Size Medium.

In general the issue with Americans is the midsection. They compensate by over lifting upper body and that results in clothing that is too long and loose in the midsection. I dislike the hat + tshirt fashion here on the West Coast but it also allows me to get edge.

SpursforSix
02-24-2020, 03:45 PM
If I'm spending a couple hundred on an authentic vintage jersey, you can damn well bet I'll be wearing it whenever I want. It's a personal advertisement for myself saying, "hey...I'm a winner". Plus there's no better way to showing off my guns than a Spurs top. In fact, the other day, I was on the bus and there was a drunk dude giving and old black woman some static. I just calmly stood up and walked over to him. He saw my jersey, biceps, and Beats Studio Ultimate Pluses, and promptly apologized and sat the fuck back down.

BD24
02-24-2020, 05:08 PM
If I'm spending a couple hundred on an authentic vintage jersey, you can damn well bet I'll be wearing it whenever I want. It's a personal advertisement for myself saying, "hey...I'm a winner". Plus there's no better way to showing off my guns than a Spurs top. In fact, the other day, I was on the bus and there was a drunk dude giving and old black woman some static. I just calmly stood up and walked over to him. He saw my jersey, biceps, and Beats Studio Ultimate Pluses, and promptly apologized and sat the fuck back down.
Was probably OP tbh

hence why he came here to make this thread

SpursforSix
02-24-2020, 05:26 PM
Was probably OP tbh

hence why he came here to make this thread

If you have to ask if you should wear it, then the answer is no. Wearing one with no confidence is a quick ticket to ridicule.

Leetonidas
02-24-2020, 08:21 PM
who cares tbh. most of y'all who care about the way other dudes look are probably lonely single fucks. :lol when you're married to a good woman you dress however tf you want. i dont give a shit what some cuck from ST thinks in public :lmao

DMX7
02-24-2020, 10:32 PM
I guess I’m ok with it but it should be a tiny piece of your wardrobe .... like less than 10%

Nivek_ogre
02-24-2020, 10:41 PM
I don't mind. Let's me know what kind of person I'm dealing with. Same with the douchebags that wear the hideous grunt style bullshit.

Fat Brandon Bass
02-24-2020, 10:44 PM
who cares tbh. most of y'all who care about the way other dudes look are probably lonely single fucks. :lol when you're married to a good woman you dress however tf you want. i dont give a shit what some cuck from ST thinks in public :lmao

i'm sure this is somewhat of a troll post, but that's some serious cuck-level thinking tbh...thinking you can just look like a slob because you've got a "good woman". Every guy thinks they're married to a good woman. imo it should be the other way around, you always want to look sharp so that you know your woman has to be on her toes because she sees other women checking you out. aka she knows you have options. not about impressing a bunch of ST trolls. it's not even really about women, just self respect

thinking you have a woman who will never leave you because she's a good girl, is the fastest way to cuckdom.

Blake
02-24-2020, 11:14 PM
How does one look sharp most of the time if your career doesn't require it?

Plenty of jobs out there like that, say for instance oh I don't know something random like say a tattoo artist? How does one look sharp in a career like that?

....asking for a friend, thx

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2020, 01:56 PM

Elderly narcissist threatened by anything different from themselves doing as they do.