PDA

View Full Version : Pop out for tonight...

exstatic
03-03-2020, 06:03 PM
just breaking. Tim to HC.

Jeff Zilgett of USAToday as the source.

Dex
03-03-2020, 06:06 PM
just breaking. Tim to HC.

Jeff Zilgett of USAToday as the source.

Interesting that Becky isn't taking the reigns.

When Pop was ejected earlier in the season, they said Tim took over because he scouted the game. Wonder if tonight is the same excuse?

TimDunkem
03-03-2020, 06:06 PM
Why is Tim the acting head coach if he's a first year assistant? Why does he keep playing God with Becky? Is she not over herself?

spurraider21
03-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Why is Tim the acting head coach if he's a first year assistant? Why does he keep playing God with Becky? Is she not over herself?
glass ceiling

Genovaswitness
03-03-2020, 06:10 PM
good. get poop the fuck out of here

timvp
03-03-2020, 06:12 PM
Personal business? Hopefully that just means he'll be too busy refreshing Super Tuesday results to coach the team, tbh.

paperboy77
03-03-2020, 06:17 PM

Pop is completely out of touch with common sense. The optics of this are telling of how far gone he is. Unless Becky wanted it this way she should consider flaking after the season. No respect.

rogcl1
03-03-2020, 06:18 PM
Let me make sure I got this right .Some people are bitching because the man who brought 5 rings to the team, made` the franchise more secure in SA ,and who has given all of his basketball life to the Spurs is going to be in charge over Becky tonight.. Really?

DC23
03-03-2020, 06:25 PM
I wonder if Pop planned this to let Timmy coach one game this year?

exstatic
Pop is completely out of touch with common sense. The optics of this are telling of how far gone he is. Unless Becky wanted it this way she should consider flaking after the season. No respect.

There have been strong rumors that she would take the Knicks job (eeew) if offered because she loves living in NY. If she's not being groomed for the top seat anymore because she has a wandering eye, why would she get the temporary top seat?

MultiTroll
Will Bryn Forms start?

MultiTroll
03-03-2020, 06:29 PM
LGBTQ protestors out in force?

(It does seem like a bit of a burn to have her appear to be 1st up all season long then start Duncs the only two times it actually applies.) :lol

My guess is Becky knows Tim won't minimalize her input like Gramps has.

4lifecowboy
03-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Why do people believe she has more experience than the centerpiece in Pops system for the last 20 years?

Slippy
03-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Great cant wait to see the rotations tonight.

MultiTroll
03-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Pop getting the help he needs and have a meeting to attend?
https://www.alz.org/sanantonio

Russ
03-03-2020, 07:03 PM
Personal business? Hopefully that just means he'll be too busy refreshing Super Tuesday results to coach the team, tbh.

Pop seemed quite frustrated and upset after the game last night (even by his standards). He wasn't just playing when he attacked reporters.

Will Bryn Forms start?

It will be interesting to see who gets minutes. If Forbes is really Pop's pet (as some here say) it may be revealed one way or the other tonight.

spurs1990
03-03-2020, 07:06 PM
Why do people believe she has more experience than the centerpiece in Pops system for the last 20 years?

It's a good point. Many Great Players have fastracked to head coach without any prior experience. Kidd, Magic, Bird to name the last three

Slippy
03-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Bryn will start out of respect for Pop. Haha

I hoping for shorter leash however. Becky wont hold back on Tim .

MultiTroll
03-03-2020, 07:12 PM
Bryn will start out of respect for Pop. Haha

I hoping for shorter leash however. Becky wont hold back on Tim .
pathetic.

Spurs fever
03-03-2020, 07:13 PM

Because Becky won summer league so she should coach lol. Timmy FTW!

Longlonglongtimelurk
03-03-2020, 07:16 PM
The honest truth is alpha males don’t want to be told what to do from a female. I’m sure the team respects Becky in her assistant role but it would be a disaster if she was ever to fully become a head coach. Some won’t like it but it is what it is- there’s a reason why the world over women just don’t coach professional men’s teams.

K...
03-03-2020, 07:34 PM
I think becky may not want to lower her chances with an obviously uninspired group of guys. nothing to gain. Tim on the other hand has nothing to lose and won't coach outside San Antonio

Slippy
03-03-2020, 07:34 PM
pathetic.

Really ? Pop is over 70. You got corona around the corner. Pop is like father to Tim. Last thing he wants is to increase the blood pressure of Pop over a Bryn demotion.

UZER
03-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Well I guess we know now that Pop didn’t really vote for Hillary when he got into the booth.

SayTown
03-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Pop is driving around town buying all the wine he can find in case the corona gets serious.

John B
03-03-2020, 08:16 PM
If No. 21 wants to coach this Silver and Black, he WILL coach this Silver and Black :lol and that's the end of discussion...

Chomag
03-03-2020, 08:19 PM
Pop may have asked Becky to take over tonight but she took one look at the roster and told him "nah I'm good"

ducks
03-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Pop watching Super Tuesday result fire his ass

Taking games
Off now

BillMc
03-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Just hope it doesn't mean more health problems in his family.

spurs10
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Just hope it doesn't mean more health problems in his family. Yes! :bobo

tim_duncan_fan
03-03-2020, 09:19 PM
What's Tim's deal anyway? Is he just playing around, hanging out with Pop? Or is he serious?

paperboy77
03-03-2020, 10:45 PM
LGBTQ protestors out in force?

(It does seem like a bit of a burn to have her appear to be 1st up all season long then start Duncs the only two times it actually applies.) :lol

My guess is Becky knows Tim won't minimalize her input like Gramps has.

Isnt Tim part of that community? LGBTXYS should be proud.

paperboy77
03-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Pop may have asked Becky to take over tonight but she took one look at the roster and told him "nah I'm good"

We got a winner here!

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-03-2020, 11:12 PM
Why is Tim the acting head coach if he's a first year assistant? Why does he keep playing God with Becky? Is she not over herself?Because Duncan is a 5 time NBA champion and one of the greatest players of all time. Is a great leader and a high IQ NBA player. What has Hammond accomplished in the NBA.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-03-2020, 11:23 PM
Pop is driving around town buying all the wine he can find in case the corona gets serious.Maybe he has Corona and has been put into quarantine.

ZeusWillJudge
03-04-2020, 12:36 AM
Stockton/Malone would have two championships if they hadn't run into Jordan's Bulls. Sometimes it's just about timing. Becky will become a head coach, but she's not going to beat Tim Duncan out for the job if he decides he wants it.

pad300
03-04-2020, 01:01 AM
Lost 50 million to a Shister and half his net worth to his ex wife

dude could use 10 mill a year for 10x years as head coach

If he is fucking around, he really shouldn't be.

His career NBA earnings (just salary, not commercials and so forth) is $245 million... He doesn't need the money...

NASpurs
03-04-2020, 01:12 AM
Because Duncan is a 5 time NBA champion and one of the greatest players of all time. Is a great leader and a high IQ NBA player. What has Hammond accomplished in the NBA.

Yeah kind of like Pop was a 5 time NBA champion and one of the greatest players of all time like Duncan. Oh wait, it doesn't matter. Keep lurking retard.

tim_duncan_fan
03-04-2020, 01:46 AM
If we take Tim's comments with more than a grain of salt, it does n't sound like coaching is going to be anything longterm for him.

TimmyBuckets
03-04-2020, 04:07 AM

Because this is ST

pad300
03-04-2020, 10:50 AM
[245 million x .50(taxes expenses)]-50 million(cheated)/2(divorce)= YOU CANT BE THAT BASIC AND NAIVE

Do the math yourself...
245E6x0.5 = 122.5E6
122.5E6-50E6 = 72.5E6
72.5E62 = 36.25E6

Worst case, assuming NO other earnings (no investments, no other businesses - Blackjack Speed Shop anyone, and no commercials/endorsements and so forth...) , and the wife actually got 1/2; note that a chunk of those career earnings happened after the divorce proceedings started, and she cheated on him...

He's till collected what, a 100 times your lifetimes earnings? He doesn't need the money you innumerate idiot...

He's here because either a) he likes Pop enough to help out, b) he like the Spurs enough to help out, c) he likes being part of organized basketball, or d) some combination of the above...

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Yeah kind of like Pop was a 5 time NBA champion and one of the greatest players of all time like Duncan. Oh wait, it doesn't matter. Keep lurking retard.:rollinWhat's a matter, did your little sissy ass get hurt. Wants a unaccomplished chick to be coach over Duncan. What a pussy.

NASpurs
03-04-2020, 11:44 AM
:rollinWhat's a matter, did your little sissy ass get hurt. Wants a unaccomplished chick to be coach over Duncan. What a pussy.

I called you out and eviscerated your stupid logic and you call me a feminist as a retort. :lol I’m sure faggots/cucks like you feel threatened by women.

”Unaccomplished “ :lol She’s had a better career in basketball than Pop at the same age. Retard.

Spurtacular
03-04-2020, 11:54 AM
:lol Posters that don't understand the great Tim Duncan is higher in the pecking order.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-04-2020, 12:15 PM
I called you out and eviscerated your stupid logic and you call me a feminist as a retort. :lol I’m sure faggots/cucks like you feel threatened by women.

”Unaccomplished “ :lol She’s had a better career in basketball than Pop at the same age. Retard.so you are saying she's accomplished NBA figure. You sissies love being dominated by women. Someone wanting a female to be head coach of an NBA team is the definition of a cuck. And you know what's really funny? Someone that has Carroll as their avatar calling another person a fag.:rollin

NASpurs
03-04-2020, 12:29 PM
so you are saying she's accomplished NBA figure. You sissies love being dominated by women. Someone wanting a female to be head coach of an NBA team is the definition of a cuck. And you know what's really funny? Someone that has Carroll as their avatar calling another person a fag.:rollin

What part of "basketball" didn't you understand in my post? Pop was sucking off Don Nelson and hadn't done shit at the same age.

pad300
03-04-2020, 01:05 PM
He has Scratcher money not NBA Wealth Money fool. Why would you measure Timmy's Wealth to a civillian? Fucking short fat San Antonio mendicants.

LOL thinking that Timmy Deserves to be WANTS TO BE the least Wealthy of all the big 3 or even David Robinson.

LOL Spurmstalk Donks

Wow, moving the goalposts when called on stupid...

But on your argument,
Deserves to be : No...
Wants to be : No ...
Gives a Fuck : Also No ...

What gives you the idea that a man who gave up huge money to improve the team is really all that interested in money? The extensive wardrobe of bespoke suits he wears? The wine cellar? The expensive hobbies? The racerhorses he owns? What he has none of those... WTF makes you think he's in some sort of a cash basis dick measuring contest with other NBA players, when to Trump 99.995% of them, he has to say "I'm Tim Duncan..."

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-05-2020, 02:35 PM
What part of "basketball" didn't you understand in my post? Pop was sucking off Don Nelson and hadn't done shit at the same age.

Avatar smack... so cute. :lolOkay, I get it. You like to be dominated by women.