PDA

View Full Version : Missing Touches

Collins21
03-03-2020, 06:44 PM
I bet both the last two games would have went differently if we would've had Ma Touches. Dude is the best player on this team by miles but is hated by the fan base because he couldn't beat the Warriors by himself.

r0drig0lac
03-03-2020, 06:56 PM
I bet both the last two games would have went differently if we would've had Ma Touches. Dude is the best player on this team by miles but is hated by the fan base because he couldn't beat the Warriors by himself.

that is the reason? I thought it was due to its low engine, and the fact that I asked for an trade after winning 67 games.

Collins21
03-03-2020, 06:59 PM
that is the reason? I thought it was due to its low engine, and the fact that I asked for an trade after winning 67 games.

How about Pop not using the guy right. it's mighty funny Pop is a shit coach when it comes to mismanaging players that y'all like but it's not possible that he made mistakes with Aldridge.

Leetonidas
03-03-2020, 07:10 PM
How about Pop not using the guy right. it's mighty funny Pop is a shit coach when it comes to mismanaging players that y'all like but it's not possible that he made mistakes with Aldridge.

Lol. Pop was using him fine. When you have prime Kawhi leonard on your team the offense goes through him period. LMA didn't want to be the 2nd option behind Kawhi who he was never really cool with. Has nothing to do with how "he was used." only difference I see is LA getting more touches in the same spots. He didn't change his game or play differently. He played harder because his competiton was out for the season then traded

Leetonidas
03-03-2020, 07:20 PM
By the way. Spurs have shit the bed numerous times with LA playing. Against trash teams. What on earth makes you think having him puts us over playoff teams? :lmao

duncan2k5
03-03-2020, 10:21 PM
How about Pop not using the guy right. it's mighty funny Pop is a shit coach when it comes to mismanaging players that y'all like but it's not possible that he made mistakes with Kawhi.

duncan2k5
03-03-2020, 10:22 PM
By the way. Spurs have shit the bed numerous times with LA playing. Against trash teams. What on earth makes you think having him puts us over playoff teams? :lmao

Exactly...lol...dude is acting like we haven't been a shit team all year with LMA starting every game...

Collins21
03-03-2020, 10:27 PM
Dude has Kawhi penetrated you or something? I'm not talking about Kawhi and if Kawhi left because of issues with Pop it sounds believable but I'm talking about LA man get off that dudes dick you fucking weirdo.

duncan2k5
03-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Dude has Kawhi penetrated you or something? I'm not talking about Kawhi and if Kawhi left because of issues with Pop it sounds believable but I'm talking about LA man get off that dudes dick you fucking weirdo.

I'm not talking about Kawhi...u are

Collins21
03-03-2020, 10:39 PM
I'm not talking about Kawhi...u are

Nah you bolded Kawhi when it originally said Aldridge but I'm done because I don't converse with dudes who are obsessed with other dudes.

SpurPadre
03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Lol. Pop was using him fine. When you have prime Kawhi leonard on your team the offense goes through him period. LMA didn't want to be the 2nd option behind Kawhi who he was never really cool with. Has nothing to do with how "he was used." only difference I see is LA getting more touches in the same spots. He didn't change his game or play differently. He played harder because his competiton took himself out for the season then forced the team to trade him

FIFY

DMC
03-04-2020, 12:12 AM

Yeah, the Spurs are positioned so poorly because LMA has been injured all year.

ZeusWillJudge
03-04-2020, 12:17 AM

Well the Spurs won the last two games. So you're saying that they would have lost the last two games if he had been playing.

Edit: I forgot about that POS Pacers game in between. Okay, so you're only half as goofy as I thought.

ElNono
03-04-2020, 04:47 AM

What's "using the guy right"? Give the guys his touches, team be damned?

Carmelo Aldridge is exactly who we thought he was, especially noticeable after nephew bolted.

ZeusWillJudge
03-04-2020, 09:33 AM
What's "using the guy right"? Give the guys his touches, team be damned?

Carmelo Aldridge is exactly who we thought he was, especially noticeable after nephew bolted.

You said it first, loudest, and most often. I thought you were too harsh the first year, when he was playing with Duncan. And I thought Nephew and Aldridge just weren't a good fit. But the last couple of years, he's really proven you right. You sure as hell can't build a team around him, but he's mad if you don't.

UncleDennis
03-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Lol. Pop was using him fine. When you have prime Kawhi leonard on your team the offense goes through him period. LMA didn't want to be the 2nd option behind Kawhi who he was never really cool with. Has nothing to do with how "he was used." only difference I see is LA getting more touches in the same spots. He didn't change his game or play differently. He played harder because his competiton was out for the season then traded

Is there anything solid behind the Kawhi-LA beef? I also believe they weren't really that tight although thinking back I cannot really directly point to anything concrete, besides my own intuition.

Chucho
03-04-2020, 02:17 PM
I think that was part of what attracted LMA to come to the Spurs; he could still "alpha" without having to be THE alpha, we had a collection of Alphas on the roster when he came aboard. Then the alpha males left, retired or were traded. We lost the backbone to who we were and what we did.

He can put up alpha numbers, but he's not "THE" alpha material. He has been worth what we paid him, but he doesn't have what brings out the best in him. GREAT 2nd option, but we have two great 2nd options who were never cultivated to be THE guy. It is what it is.

We'll live, he's going into the HOF and that's just how it played out.

JeffDuncan
03-04-2020, 02:45 PM
Is there anything solid behind the Kawhi-LA beef? ...

No, nothing at all. It's just another ST fabrication. The only beef LMA ever had was with Pop.

exstatic
03-04-2020, 03:09 PM
I think that was part of what attracted LMA to come to the Spurs; he could still "alpha" without having to be THE alpha, we had a collection of Alphas on the roster when he came aboard. Then the alpha males left, retired or were traded. We lost the backbone to who we were and what we did.

He can put up alpha numbers, but he's not "THE" alpha material. He has been worth what we paid him, but he doesn't have what brings out the best in him. GREAT 2nd option, but we have two great 2nd options who were never cultivated to be THE guy. It is what it is.

We'll live, he's going into the HOF and that's just how it played out.

bbref lists his odds at 50%, lower than his former teammate Lillard.

sasaint
03-04-2020, 03:38 PM
No, nothing at all. It's just another ST fabrication. The only beef LMA ever had was with Pop.

I think it is reasonably safe to infer that for a guy as concerned about his touches as LMA, he would be resentful of Number 2’s being the true alpha and getting so many touches in what was, upon LMA’s arrival, a Number 2-centric offense. It may not have erupted into an out-in-the-open feud, but I certainly believe there was ill will between the two.

sasaint
03-04-2020, 03:39 PM
bbref lists his odds at 50%, lower than his former teammate Lillard.

LMA in the HOF! :lol What a joke.

Chucho
03-04-2020, 04:20 PM
LMA in the HOF! :lol What a joke.

There's quite a few lesser qualified "jokes" elected in the last few years.

JeffDuncan
03-04-2020, 07:54 PM
I think it is reasonably safe to infer that for a guy as concerned about his touches as LMA, he would be resentful of Number 2’s being the true alpha and getting so many touches in what was, upon LMA’s arrival, a Number 2-centric offense. It may not have erupted into an out-in-the-open feud, but I certainly believe there was ill will between the two.

You're welcome to your beliefs. And your crackpot psychology.

ElNono
03-04-2020, 11:34 PM
You said it first, loudest, and most often. I thought you were too harsh the first year, when he was playing with Duncan. And I thought Nephew and Aldridge just weren't a good fit. But the last couple of years, he's really proven you right. You sure as hell can't build a team around him, but he's mad if you don't.

This guy asked to be traded *while nephew was still here*. He could've rode him to a championship or two, but instead he requested to be traded because muh touches. How do people overlook this?

UncleDennis
03-05-2020, 02:50 PM
This guy asked to be traded *while nephew was still here*. He could've rode him to a championship or two, but instead he requested to be traded because muh touches. How do people overlook this?

I agree although I think that was more about Pop going at him in public after he struggled so bad after the Zaza'ing. Wasn't the reason Pop gave for LA's lack of initial fit was Pop changing him into Jack Sikma? I dunno, maybe just saving face.

I think KL and Him were never really tight but I'm not so sure that they really had a dislike for each other or something like that. I feel like LA would have cracked and said something wise eventually when he kept getting asked why Kawhi ghosted the team if he really felt some kinda way.

Was stupid of him to ask for a release with a bonafide top player in the league but like I said before I really think it's cause he felt embarrassed about Pops comments, true as they may have been it's like when you know you fucked up and your buddies wanna give you more shit now times that by the masses.

It was LA's perfect spot, don't get me wrong that years team just came together so perfectly, David Lee, Dedmon, everything just fit but as was against houston and GS game 1, those two were capable of turning it on and together beating anyone. Seems like that was 10 years ago by now lol.

Rosewood
03-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Dude has Kawhi penetrated you or something? I'm not talking about Kawhi and if Kawhi left because of issues with Pop it sounds believable but I'm talking about LA man get off that dudes dick you fucking weirdo. :lol so true. Dude needs to be evaluated.

Collins21
03-05-2020, 05:07 PM
:lol so true. Dude needs to be evaluated.

This dude is sick for real

TD 21
03-05-2020, 05:34 PM
He's definitely underappreciated, but it's par for the course when you're a below the rim big, with an aloof public persona.

Say what you want about his motives (just remember though, they apply to the majority of superstars and stars) for being so, but the guy is a workhorse with nearly unmatched durability in this era and had he not had arguably his 2 best seasons at age 32 and 33, this franchise would have been in the predicament they now find themselves in sooner.

Slippy
03-05-2020, 06:19 PM
He's definitely underappreciated, but it's par for the course when you're a below the rim big, with an aloof public persona.

Say what you want about his motives (just remember though, they apply to the majority of superstars and stars) for being so, but the guy is a workhorse with nearly unmatched durability in this era and had he not had arguably his 2 best seasons at age 32 and 33, this franchise would have been in the predicament they now find themselves in sooner.

Pretty much this

duncan2k5
03-06-2020, 08:24 PM

Waaay too much credit...he is a cancer