PDA

View Full Version : Who's the better player Aldridge or DeRozan

Collins21
03-05-2020, 08:42 PM
I like both guys but if the team were to move off of one of them I think it should be DeRozan. I've seen Aldridge Lead this team to the playoffs. As good as DeRozan is I don't think is form of basketball can carry a sub par team to the playoffs. Say what you want about LA but I've seen him constantly carry bad teams to the post season.

Genovaswitness
03-05-2020, 08:52 PM
kawhi

spurs10
03-05-2020, 09:04 PM
:lma We have emoji for LMA....that should count for something! ;)

As far as best, they are apples and oranges.

tbdog
03-05-2020, 11:29 PM
Current makeup of the team, clearly LMA. But a team built better I would choose DD.

spurs10
03-06-2020, 12:41 AM
Current makeup of the team, clearly LMA. But a team built better I would choose DD. :toast

Arcadian
03-06-2020, 01:38 AM
I still think big men are inherently more valuable (even if that idea has fallen out of fashion), so Aldridge.

EasyMoney
03-06-2020, 04:56 AM
LaMarcus put the team on his back and brought this team to the playoffs after not even wanting to be here. So I'll choose him since he have a precedent for why.

Genovaswitness
03-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Current makeup of the team, clearly LMA. But a team built better I would choose DD.

raptors built a team for 10 years around dumbmar look where it got them

Prime BEEF
03-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Both need to be traded. Hope that we can s/t DDR. But in this fake scenario where we have to keep one, I’d keep LMA. He has a connection to Texas and the area and he doesn’t make the players around him worse...unlike DDR. But LMA could be much better than he is if he had an aggressive/tough attitude and was ok destroying people in the paint with the occasional elbow top of the key midrange jump shots. He’s big athletic and skilled but is mentally weak and likes to hangout on the perimeter.

Fireball
03-06-2020, 10:17 AM
Aldridge ...

Dex
03-06-2020, 10:18 AM
:lma We have emoji for LMA....that should count for something! ;)

As far as best, they are apples and oranges.

We have an emoji for DeMar too: :cry

Russ
03-06-2020, 10:19 AM
Current makeup of the team, clearly LMA.

On this roster, LMA's skillset (including size) is less replaceable than DeRozan's. So that makes LMA more needed on this team.

In addition, because DeRozan's skills are more replaceable, DeRozan also stands in the way of playing time for more young players than LMA.

But a team built better I would choose DD.

I would disagree slightly. LMA's positives are more unique in today's league than DeRozan's (on just about any roster). LMA can rebound and defend (when he wants to). He can be an anchor on both ends of the court. That's a rarity among guys who can score these days. You're right if your team is so well constructed that you just need instant offense to get through a bad stretch in a game. DeRozan is better at that than LMA.

Dex
03-06-2020, 10:20 AM
I still think big men are inherently more valuable (even if that idea has fallen out of fashion), so Aldridge.

Also, if Murray, White, Walker, and Johnson continue to progress then it makes DeRozan pretty redundant.

look_at_g_shred
03-06-2020, 10:20 AM
If we were to keep one of the two, it would be LMA.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-06-2020, 10:28 AM
LMA can atleast shoot the 3 and be a good rim protector. DeRozan can't contribute to winning basketball at all. His iso 2 pointers and lack of D isn't gonna cut it ever.

TDomination
03-06-2020, 10:34 AM
This year we changed the offense to focus on DDR more. Look at the results.
The previous years LMA has been the main focal point, again look at the results.

LMA won't carry you to the championship, but he'll get you to the playoffs at least. I'd keep LMA hands down between the 2.

Arcadian
03-06-2020, 10:38 AM
This year we changed the offense to focus on DDR more.
Why?? Who thought that was a good idea?

RC_Drunkford
03-06-2020, 10:58 AM
Aldridge. He can shoot 3s and defend, DeRozan can't do either

Harry Callahan
03-06-2020, 11:59 AM
I like LMA over DDR as a player. He is also one of the few quality bigs the Spurs have right now. DDR is younger by four years, but I don't see his game aging well as he gets into his 30s. I wish LMA was 30 or 31 instead of 35 this year.

exstatic
03-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Both need to be traded. Hope that we can s/t DDR. But in this fake scenario where we have to keep one, I’d keep LMA. He has a connection to Texas and the area and he doesn’t make the players around him worse...unlike DDR. But LMA could be much better than he is if he had an aggressive/tough attitude and was ok destroying people in the paint with the occasional elbow top of the key midrange jump shots. He’s big athletic and skilled but is mentally weak and likes to hangout on the perimeter.

Why? If he opts out, count yourself lucky, and move on. You're not going to get anything great for him, so why keep spending on a salary slot that keeps getting less talent in it?

spurspl
03-06-2020, 02:26 PM
brian scalabrine

SpursDynasty85
03-06-2020, 02:46 PM
I think currently its probably tied because of the assumption that Aldridge can no longer carry a team for more than one game at a time. Otherwise it would easily be Aldridge. His last 2 seasons are better than any Derozan has had imo. Aldridge and Derozan has similar type of offensive strengths. Great but not elite. Aldridge is a WAYYYYY better defender and a lot less of a headache (less whining) when things go wrong.

itzsoweezee
03-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Aldridge. Like I've said before, DeRozan is good at things that are not very valuable to success, and bad at things that are valuable.

LMA is still one of the better big men in the NBA

Prime BEEF
03-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Why? If he opts out, count yourself lucky, and move on. You're not going to get anything great for him, so why keep spending on a salary slot that keeps getting less talent in it?
I think we can get value for him. Good quality free agents aren’t coming to SA. Having cap space from him walking away is not better than getting good young talent and/or a draft pick through a trade.

JeffDuncan
03-06-2020, 06:17 PM
I think we can get value for him. Good quality free agents aren’t coming to SA. Having cap space from him walking away is not better than getting good young talent and/or a draft pick through a trade.

Nobody is giving the Spurs a draft pick in a DDR trade. The Spurs would have to give up a draft pick with DDR, to persuade anybody else to take him.

C-Dub
03-06-2020, 06:27 PM
DDR is the better player. That answers the initial question. As for who the Spurs should keep if came down between the 2 I'll have to say keep LMA over DDR so that DJM, LW4, D - Dub and Keldon gets more playing time and if LMA be looked at as a role player like he currently is instead of a number 1 option to lead the Spurs to the ultimate goal of the game.

duncan2k5
03-06-2020, 08:24 PM
Equally bad

Prime BEEF
03-06-2020, 08:29 PM
Nobody is giving the Spurs a draft pick in a DDR trade. The Spurs would have to give up a draft pick with DDR, to persuade anybody else to take him.
I disagree. Just have to find the right trade.

DDR/Mills for Wall/1st Rd pick

DDR/LMA/Murray for Beal/Wall/1st Rd Pick (might be able to get 2 1st Rd Picks)

DDR/LMA for LaVine/OPJ/1st Rd Pick

i think the wizards and the bulls would make those trades

Prime BEEF
03-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Pop will probably use DDR’s freed up cap space overpaying Forbes and Poetl

tbdog
03-06-2020, 09:44 PM
raptors built a team for 10 years around dumbmar look where it got them

Better than Carter or Bosh

Genovaswitness
03-06-2020, 11:30 PM
Better than Carter or Bosh