PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady: Will Play Through Knee Pain

ducks
11-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Tracy McGrady: Will Play Through Knee Pain
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Thursday, November 3, 2005

Update: Although McGrady said the tendinitis in his knee was gone before Wednesday's game, he banged knees with Dikembe Mutombo in practice Tuesday, and it seemed to bother him during the game, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: "I'm very concerned," coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "He's lost some conditioning from the time out, and we're gonna have to monitor him and see what we can do. There's no way you can limit his minutes. The idea that keeping him out two or three minutes over the course of a game is gonna do anything, that won't happen. If you try to play him 32 minutes, he has a hard enough time coming back into the game as you saw tonight in the fourth quarter." Said McGrady: "It's just constant pain. Every time I jump on my jumper, it's constant pain. I can't be as explosive as I want to be. It's real tender. I'm afraid if I bump knees with somebody, it's gonna cause problems... I'm not concerned, because it's nothing but a real deep bruise (from hitting knees with Dikembe). The tendinitis is pretty much gone. ... It's not that bad where I have to sit out games. I can continue and tolerate the pain. I'll rest and hope it's better on Friday and again on Saturday."