PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Nets - Mar. 6, 2020

timvp
03-07-2020, 01:46 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-brooklyn-nets-march-6-2020/

tl;dr: The Spurs forgot to show up for their scheduled game.

phxspurfan
03-07-2020, 02:05 AM
Pop: F

NK123
03-07-2020, 02:07 AM
A good leader is the one that knows how to take his followers to the glory and the one that knows when to quit and accept his time has come.
This team needs a new coach, new energy to help the young rise and adapt fast when results don't show.

Pop must go...
The team's energy show's it clearly.

This team is not "this bad".

duncan2k5
03-07-2020, 03:49 AM
I love the fact that Murray took 16 shots... He needs to shoot at least 16 a game... We usually win when he does... But ur right with it being a shy, hesitant 16... Murray plays like he doesn't think he is good... Like he doesn't belong... It's when he plays like an Alpha, his shots usually hits... I'm not mad at missed shots... He could have missed all 16 for all I care .. bit don't let it be a pussified 16 shots... If anything drive it to the basket if the jumper is off

spurs10
03-07-2020, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the writeup. Forbes at the 3 worked out well .....for the Nets. Blown out in the first 5 minutes. I didn't watch much until garbage time and liked the rooks.

tbdog
03-07-2020, 05:17 AM
Unfortunately with Walker injury adding to Poeltl, Forbes will continue to start because we don't have a SF. For two years, no SF.

BillMc
03-07-2020, 07:56 AM
Pop: F

How can you give him an F? Everyone on here has been clamoring for Murray and White, and now we see why it can't happen. Offense is terrible, and D (apparently) isn't what we thought as well.

Not that Pop deserves a passing grade, but its like complaining about a music DJ who plays the setlist you gave him. This is what you wanted....

BillMc
03-07-2020, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the grades as always OP. As I missed the game, they are much appreciated.

KJ already looks like our best young guy. Wish Lonnie was that aggressive, and DJ finished at the rim that well, and Luka had his fire, and....

dbestpro
03-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Forbes at SF can explain a lot of what went wrong as the other players tried t cover for him. It is amazing how much better the Spurs might be without Forbes.

ceperez
03-07-2020, 09:47 AM
I love the fact that Murray took 16 shots... He needs to shoot at least 16 a game... We usually win when he does... But ur right with it being a shy, hesitant 16... Murray plays like he doesn't think he is good... Like he doesn't belong... It's when he plays like an Alpha, his shots usually hits... I'm not mad at missed shots... He could have missed all 16 for all I care .. bit don't let it be a pussified 16 shots... If anything drive it to the basket if the jumper is off

Strange how he is so inconsistent. More like a bench guy than a guy going to get paid $14m per.

EasyMoney
03-07-2020, 09:48 AM
Some games dejounte will attempt 5 shots, some games he will attempt 15. They gotta have him attempt a cool 12 a game consistently

XDT76
03-07-2020, 09:50 AM
How can you give him an F? Everyone on here has been clamoring for Murray and White, and now we see why it can't happen. Offense is terrible, and D (apparently) isn't what we thought as well.

Not that Pop deserves a passing grade, but its like complaining about a music DJ who plays the setlist you gave him. This is what you wanted....

I am pretty sure no one else wanted the other 3 players who are at the very best are adequate playing D at their own position, now playing up 1 or 2 position.

Truth4sale$
03-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Thanks for thewrite up, I saw nobody earning higher than a F though. I was hoping Popovich would get himself tossed after his 1st technical and finally let Becky coach.

jjktkk
03-07-2020, 10:18 AM
This game must be the reason Pop won't start Murray and White. Forbes should never be a starter, let alone playing the 3. This team needs better overall spacing from it's perimeter players..

RC_Drunkford
03-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Flopovich D+ :lmao

UZER
03-07-2020, 10:41 AM
tl;dw

BackHome
03-07-2020, 11:16 AM
I actually starting to think we need a fire side sale and get rid of everyone I am talking a total rebuild from top to bottom.

GAustex
03-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Pretty obvious that poop has lost the team. The old dudes don’t care and the young dudes are disillusioned. And poop’s pet has regressed even below his pitiful standard.
Only one person is responsible for that-poop. The sooner poop is excised the sooner the recovery begins.

Sugus
03-07-2020, 11:58 AM
This game must be the reason Pop won't start Murray and White. Forbes should never be a starter, let alone playing the 3. This team needs better overall spacing from it's perimeter players..

You have options though. It blows my mind how Pop doesn't conceive any other options than Forbes starting the game, even if it means playing an already height and size-disadvantaged player in a different position than their own. For starters you can go with the young trio at the 1-3... Could they possibly lose the game any worse than yesterday? You could throw in Patty at the 2 with DJ at the 3, or you could even be spicy and get Weatherspoon at the 2 for some added size and playmaking. Or better yet, you could trade for an actual SF and stop playing guys out of position...

...What? You mean the trade deadline has already passed...?

Spurs Homer
03-07-2020, 12:59 PM
Imagine...

if pop had started the season playing white/murray together
with lonnie starting over forbes

and had just allowed them to fail a bit, regroup, play better
hit the rookie wall

kept improving

now those 3

alongside LMA & DDR

might look like a team

add in metu playing off the bench all year with keldon

but pop is too old school for this...

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Season’s officially over. Time to just start giving the rooks some run.

phxspurfan
03-07-2020, 03:23 PM

Forbes at SF

Chomag
03-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is the true definition of insanity. Yet Pop still doesn't get an F?

TDomination
03-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Of course this happens. Finally Murray and white start but not in place of Forbes lol it includes Forbes cause the team revolves around him.

yeah it would make zero sense to start White, Murray, DeRozan, Gay, Lyles instead

tholdren
03-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Should have traded murray when he was living his best life on ig. Scrub

ducks
03-07-2020, 09:02 PM
Pop can leave and get fired no effort
Spur players have turned him off

wildbill2u
03-08-2020, 12:00 AM
That experiment with Murray and White failed. Murray being the worst of the two. He has bad handles, terrible inconsistent shooting and poor PG instincts. Both are slashers, but White is the better of the two at that. So put Murray at backup or try him at SF since we are light there.

Next up I'd like to see White at PG and Walker as SG. Both can shoot a little at 3pt range and can drive the lane with some authority. Lonnie's physical skills may be better used against a somewhat taller range of SGs. Unfortunately, this pairing probably won't happen for a while after Lonnie's injury. I watched the replay several times and didn't see any point where he would have got a scrape or "contusion". Instead it just looked like he came down hard and awkwardly on the left leg and he was holding his shin. Hope it isn't a crack from pressure on it. But I'm not a doctor and hope we will get a positive report on when he can resume play.

r0drig0lac
03-08-2020, 08:44 AM
That experiment with Murray and White failed.
wrong.
in fact, thinking rationally, this is completely dishonest. any lineup with Bryn fails before it starts, Murray and White, with two of the worst perimeter defenders in the league and Lyles playing as center would never work because of the other three defensive liabilities and not because of Murray/White. However, Greg probably thinks like you and will place the responsibility for that failure on the one thing he got right in that game (Murray / White together, what he should have done since day 1).