PDA

View Full Version : Bush about Manu

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:10 AM
In a press conference today after a meeting with Argentinian President Nestor Kirchner in Mar del Plata, George W. Bush congratulated Argentina for Manu Ginobili and he said he was proud of having him in his state's basketball team.

"He's made a vital contribution to a basketball team from the state in which I live," Bush said. "But he's also a good ambassador for your country."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/24hour/front/story/2870827p-11531488c.html

:blah

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
thank god we have a leader such as George W. Bush

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Poor, stupid Bush

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:17 AM
coming from a guy witha bum in his avatar that means alot.

He is a great ambassador.

Honestly, dont take this the wrong way, how many people honestly heard of the country of Argentina before Manu?

Chill out and think about it before saying anything.

Argentina Im sure has gotten a small raise in tourism dollars since Manu's emergence, just from how many times they have shown Argentina on TV.

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 10:19 AM
HEARD?

I hope 99%

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2005, 10:19 AM

Honestly, dont take this the wrong way, how many people honestly heard of the country of Argentina before Manu?

Argentina Im sure has gotten a small raise in tourism dollars since Manu's emergence, just from how many times they have shown Argentina on TV.

Jerry Garcia was not a bum

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:20 AM
He wasn't??

Oh yes, he was a vital member of society with the drugs and all yes.

HEARD?

I hope 99%

You underestimate the idioicy of people Mookie.

MiNuS
11-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Bush is getting bashed by the Argentinians.There is a 25 thousand people protest.

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I know people are idiots and they couldnt locate it on a map, know what continent it was on or what language they speak but they know OF it
shit I even KNOW OF calculus

SWC Bonfire
11-04-2005, 10:29 AM
shit I even KNOW of calculus

lim(date-->26Nov) t.u. schedule = 10-1

Oh, Gee!!
He wasn't??

Even dead, Jerry is earning more per month than you willl earn in your entire life.

http://www.forbes.com/2001/02/28/crypt_print.html

The Grateful Dead's lead singer has been dead for six years, but sales of neckties and other collectibles "Keep on Truckin." The Grateful Dead Enterprises line of merchandise--which hawks everything from T-shirts and dog bowls to sports bras--brings in some $30 million a year, which Jerry Garcia's estate shares with his former bandmates. Thanks to the Dead's extensive live-recording collection, the band continues to release new albums that still get scooped up by their fanatical followers, leaving the lead singer's survivors richer than a scoop of Cherry Garcia ice cream.

T Park
once again mookie, your understimating.

Watch Jay Leno's Jaywalking.

Of course its LA where people are dumber than the average person, but still, its amazing.

Bush is getting bashed by the Argentinians.There is a 25 thousand people protest.

What did Bush do to Argentina again?

Shouldn't they be worried about their own crooked politicians?

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Even dead, Jerry is earning more per month than you willl earn in your entire life.

uh huh....

And, this means to me what??

Bill Walton and Rick Kamla are his biggest fans.

Enough said.

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:30 AM

True. Only a few blocks from the hotel where Bush is staying, there is a protest in a stadium with Hugo Chavez and Diego Maradona in it.

There also a lot of protests in Buenos Aires.

doldrums
11-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Let's see, I studied geography in 4th grade and have witnessed Maradona and his hand of god in the 1986 World Cup, seen the play Evita, studied the gaucho culture in College, watched Gabriela Sabatini and Guillermo Vilas play tennis. There was a war with the UK over the Malvinas(Falklands war) in 1982. No, you are right , people never heard of Argentina before Manu.

SA210
11-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Yea, huge protest against Governor Bush.

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Did I say YOU???

I said "Normal" Americans.

Idiots youd pull off the street.

God Chill out peeps.

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
what about that movie Alive?
didnt they crash in argentina
that movie was BAD

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Maradona:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/05/454667.JPG

doldrums
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
what about that movie Alive?
didnt they crash in argentina
that movie was BAD

No, they crashed in Peru

George Gervin's Afro
11-04-2005, 10:35 AM
I hate the fact that Bush associates himself with the Spurs.

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:36 AM
No, they crashed in Peru

Actually, they crashed in Argentina.

angel_luv
True. Only a few blocks from the hotel where Bush is staying, there is a protest in a stadium with Hugo Chavez and Diego Maradona in it.

There also a lot of protests in Buenos Aires.

Why?

SWC Bonfire
No, they crashed in Peru

Yes, but it was an Argentinian rugby team. They changed it to soccer for the movie I think.

MiNuS
11-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Actually, they crashed in Argentina.
eating other people's flesh is not part of my beliefs.I rather die.

SWC Bonfire
Why?

You see, darlin', there's this thing called politics, and they are getting involved as they see fit. :lol

But really, Bush is not well liked in some places overseas, and they are simply protesting the same way as if the Premier of China came to the US and people were protesting him. Same difference.

kolko
Why?

They are against Bush. They compare him to Hitler :rolleyes

Also there is no classes because teachers are against Bush in Argentina.

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes, but it was an Argentinian rugby team. They changed it to soccer for the movie I think.

No. They were from Uruguay and flying to Chile when the accident occured in the Argentinian side of the Andes Mountains.

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Uragauy rugby team

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata are full of signs like this:

http://personales.ciudad.com.ar/retinaviolenta/imagenes/hitler-bush.jpg

Altromondo
11-04-2005, 10:42 AM
no, it was a rugby team from uruguay, they were going to chile and crushed in the andes, the limit between argentina and chile.

angel_luv
11-04-2005, 10:42 AM
They are against Bush. They compare him to Hitler :rolleyes

Also there is no classes because teachers are against Bush in Argentina.

Wow! Does Argentina have a particular grievance with Bush or do they just object to his anit terrorism measures in general?
Are Argentina and the U.S. considered allies?

angel_luv
11-04-2005, 10:44 AM

Sort of speaking of, when do the Spurs go to the White House?

Altromondo
11-04-2005, 10:45 AM
i think the entire world have a particular grievance with Bush

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:46 AM

I hated the fact Clinton did back in 99.

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:49 AM
i think the entire world have a particular grievance with Bush

ask an afghanistani woman who cna wlak on the street without a mask covering her face, ask the people who can now play music in the streets without fear of persectution.

Pretty much, ask the normal afghani what they think.

BTW, if Bush is like Hitler, where are the concentration camps??

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 10:49 AM

I hate the fact that someone has to bring politics into a basketball forum. I had no problem when the Spurs' 1st championship team was honored by President Clinton at the White House and I certainly have no problem with President Bush honoring the last two. If you have to see the world through the lens of politics just go ahead and put a bullet through your dome. That is all.

angel_luv
11-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata are full of signs like this:

http://personales.ciudad.com.ar/retinaviolenta/imagenes/hitler-bush.jpg

Whoa!

T Park
Well said Bryant.

mookie2001
its like

oh come on!

Bush is better than Hitler!
by far!
its not even a comparison!

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 10:52 AM
I would hopefuckingso that our Leader beyond leadership is better than the most evil human being ever to walk the earth

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:54 AM

http://euobserver.com/9/20243
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=54715
http://www.channel4.com/news/special-reports/special-reports-storypage.jsp?id=1062
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/11/04/MNGN5FJ0SM1.DTL

:rolleyes

doldrums
11-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Well said Bryant.

Agreed, Bush will be in Brazil on Saturday, so I guess the Nuggets Forum can talk about the protest there and how it affects Nene. And then when Bush visits Panama on Sunday, the Yankees forum can talk about it and Mariano Rivera.

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
lmao^^^

boutons
11-04-2005, 10:55 AM
"Does Argentina have a particular grievance with Bush"

The Repubs ignore and disrespect other countries and international orgs. Disrepect causes a lot of deep, negative emotions, at the country level, or personal level. Disagree is ok, but within a framework of respect and civility. "The Ugly American" is a VERY OLD story.

Even most Americans think the Repub Iraq war is bullshit, and that the Repubs lied about the reasons for it, so how do you think the rest of the world feels about the Repub Iraq invasions, war, occupation? It was the same world-wide with the VN war.

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Bush asked if people in Argentina know who Manu Ginobili is :lol

mookie2001
http://www.bradblog.com/Images/ClearChannel_BushOurLeader.jpg

unhitlerlike

T Park
Kolko.

did you see the term, TERRORISTS!!

Terrorists do not deserve Human rights. By all accounts, Terrorists are scum, not human.

End of political discussion.

MiNuS
11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
this thread has become political.

BTW I'm democrat and approve of Bush's comments on Manu.
I disagree with everything else.

I wonder who Jeb Bush roots for? Shaq?

Bush is an implanted Texan,anyway.He claims to be Texan but he's actually from the New England area.The Bushes did all this by design.Im pretty sure there's a Bush as we speak that lives in California that will run for Governor.

T Park
11-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Bush asked if people in Argentina know who Manu Ginobili is

Don't think he could've been kidding do u?

kolko
11-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Kolko.

Terrorists do not deserve Human rights. By all accounts, Terrorists are scum, not human.

Hey! I'm not against Bush. I just say what is going on here.

T Park
11-04-2005, 11:01 AM
He claims to be Texan but he's actually from the New England area

Hey genius, do you know how many transplanted Texans are like that???

Just because Bush is on the national level is the only reason your feeble mind knows it dope.

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 11:02 AM
yeah I cant believe a thread about Bush became political

bastard partisans

kolko
11-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Don't think he could've been kidding do u?

Yes, he was ironical.

cheguevara
11-04-2005, 11:03 AM
yeah I cant believe a thread about Bush became political

^ :lol what did u expect

T Park
11-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey! I'm not against Bush. I just say what is going on here.

I hear ya.

Just, say that to those idiots. Those prisons deal with TERRORISTS.

SA210
11-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Bush asked if people in Argentina know who Manu Ginobili is :lol

Ol' Dumbya. :lol

spvrs
11-04-2005, 11:05 AM
he's just a simpleton controled by an evil robot named cheney...

tryin' to bring some honor to the white house :drunk

well, at least he's not so brain dead that he can't hijack the name of a national hero...

MiNuS
11-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm wondering "what if" Bush all of sudden said Maradona wasn't the greatest soccer player to play. I guess then he would merit all the protests.

mookie2001
11-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Crespo is better^

angel_luv
11-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Kolko.

Not quite. How does treating a person as less than human make us any better than the terrorists????? There is justice and then there is abuse and a huge difference between.

nkdlunch
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Maradona:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/05/454667.JPG

:lmao

smeagol
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
The guys who protest Bush are retarded, starting with Maradona.

What I see is going on in my country makes me ashame.

Why the fuck don't they protest Castro, a dictator who has been in power since 1959.

Total BS.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Why the fuck don't they protest Castro, a dictator who has been in power since 1959.

Total BS.

because castro will have them arrested.

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 11:35 AM
If you inbreds would like to discuss the political implications of Bush's visit to Argentina allow me to introduce you to SpursTalk.com's own Political Forum (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8).

SWC Bonfire
11-04-2005, 11:37 AM

Total BS.

You shouldn't be ashamed of your country, dude. There is a certain percentage of the population in every country that will protest one way or the other (depending on the subject) and generally make asses of themselves in public.

They just get the firing squad in some countries.

nkdlunch
11-04-2005, 11:40 AM

Total BS.

You probably don't live there? The image of the US is crap all over the world, so this is not just Argentina thing. And when you have ultra-poor people who are already pissed at their own goverment, it gives them more reason to protest the hand that feeds this goverment.

angel_luv
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Each leader referred repeatedly to how "candid" their discussions were, and the pair took no questions from reporters.

"I'm leaving this meeting feeling very satisfied because it wasn't a meeting looking for nice words but to speak the truth," Kirchner said. "Each us did just that."

But Bush clearly sought to stress common ground. He mentioned Manu Ginobili of Bahia Blanca, Argentina, a star guard who has helped the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association win two titles in the past three years.

Way to play the Manu card! :lol

MiNuS
11-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Mexico didn't approve of the war in Iraq. So??? No mordida or what? If its Mexico do we have to open the US borders and just let all of Mexico in??

90% of of all south america is corrupt and/or bankrupt. Has Argentina already forgotten about Mennen??

smeagol
11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
You shouldn't be ashamed of your country, dude. There is a certain percentage of the population in every country that will protest one way or the other (depending on the subject) and generally make asses of themselves in public.

They just get the firing squad in some countries.
It’s not my country I’m ashamed of (whatever that abstract concept of “my country” is). I feel ashamed that people protest a democratically elected president while a communist dictator is cheered publicly and every corrupt politician races to take a picture with the bearded one.

And I understand the US is disliked over the world, I even started a thread in the Political Forum some time ago asking what I thought was an honest questioned but I got chewed up by whottt and others. But I could give a shit what other countries do. I don’t like learning about these protests in Argentina.

Bottom line, I agree with you SWC, there is a % of idiots everywhere. I just fear that the % is greater than elsewhere.

smeagol
11-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Mexico didn't approve of the war in Iraq. So??? No mordida or what? If its Mexico do we have to open the US borders and just let all of Mexico in??

90% of of all south america is corrupt and/or bankrupt. Has Argentina already forgotten about Mennen??
I don't approve of the war and I don't approve of the protests.

What has Menem have to do with anything?

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Hey man this is the Spurs forum not the Political forum.

smeagol
11-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey man this is the Spurs forum not the Political forum.
What do you want us to do?

Unless Kori or another mod decides to move the thread, not much we users can do about it.

Mavs<Spurs
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
"Does Argentina have a particular grievance with Bush"

The Repubs ignore and disrespect other countries and international orgs. Disrepect causes a lot of deep, negative emotions, at the country level, or personal level. Disagree is ok, but within a framework of respect and civility. "The Ugly American" is a VERY OLD story.

Even most Americans think the Repub Iraq war is bullshit, and that the Repubs lied about the reasons for it, so how do you think the rest of the world feels about the Repub Iraq invasions, war, occupation? It was the same world-wide with the VN war.

You are aware that the dems said the same thing as the reps about Iraq and wmd, right? So, unless you are into conspiracy theories, then you can't start this garbage up all over again.

You have seen pictures of the Kurds, right? You know the 5000 Kurds who were gassed? Or are the Kurds lying too, along with the entire world (except you of course)?

Saddam used the wmd on more than a dozen documented occasions. There was no doubt that he had them before. Again, check with the Kurds on this, or Iran or any of the other victims. Where did they go, I don't know. It's a big planet, hoss and he could have shipped them off to Syria or somewhere else. But the important fact is that there is zero doubt that Saddam did have them in the relatively recent past. Besides if a farmer has a bunch of cows, does it matter if he spills the milk? No, because there's plenty more where that came from, just make some more hoss. His scientists have the know how.

Such a shame that we liberated Western Europe, Eastern Europe, were responsible for the freedom experienced by people in the former Soviet Union, liberated fifty million people in Afghanistan and Iraq. Speaking of the latter, you are aware that more than 8 million voters approved the new democratic constitution for Iraq, right?

Vietnam and Iraq- Hm, a couple of important differences, (1) The military is now a volunteer force. Then, it was conscription (2) Vietnam war- 50,000 soldiers died, Iraq 2000 died. You want to compare the two, form a fraction with Iraq as the numerator, Viet Nam as the denominator. Can you do the math, that's about 4 %. Viet Nam- a relatively unimportant jungle off in Asia.
Iraq- right smack dab in the middle of the Middle East. VietNam never invaded anybody that I know of. Iraq- invaded Iran (8 year bloody battle killing oh about 1 million Muslims- in which Saddam used his wmd), and Kuwait. His next target was Saudia Arabia.

While it's good rhetoric to say, oil, smoil who cares. Unless you want a 50 % unemployment rate, its ignorant. The fact is that our economy comes to a complete and utter stop, we all are jobless, homeless and starve to death unless the supply of oil is uninterrupted. Hopefully, soon, we'll have the technology and know how to be able to make a wholesale replacement of oil. For right now, we can't efficiently make a wholesale replacement,.
In my graduate classes in math, some of my professors have described some of the problems we have at this point. Me. I'm real practical. I like to eat.
I think it is good when there is not a 50 % unemployment rate which may make me one of the 60 million people who voted for President Bush.

I thought this discussion was for Spurs basketball and instead it had to be turned into democratic talking points. If you hate the President and the country, move or win an election (and you didn't win either of the last two- you see the winner occupies the White House).

spvrs
11-04-2005, 12:26 PM
what do you think this Valerie Plame thing has become? There are plenty of dictators doing horrible stuff to their people and we have a policy of 'No nationbuilding'... In fact the saudis brutually supress their people but that seems to be cool with Bush.

It already has mentioned that Cheney withheld info from Congress and that they created a group to 'market' the war. Brent Scowcroft came out and said bascially Cheney and Rumsfeld behaved not like a democracy but a dictatorship. Not to mention the guy in teh state department saying there was a 'Cabal'.

Our president is a first rate a-hole and is screwing our country and others. WHy the hell would anyone like him? and why would you care if they protested??

GrandeDavid
11-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Very nice of President Bush to say...and very TRUE. Manu is the ultimate goodwill ambassador.

Now I don't expect the president to thank Hugo Chavez for Richard Hidalgo! ha ha

fonzy16
11-04-2005, 12:57 PM
ask an afghanistani woman who cna wlak on the street without a mask covering her face,..

Most still wear masks - its a part of their fundamentalist religion and life.
But on the other hand they did start wearing them in Iraq now that Saddam is gone, and also womens rights, because of religious fundamentalist are gaining strentgh. I think Bush gets credits for that.

Hitler was Hitler because of his concentration camps. What do you call guantanamo and other illegal jails?

no offense to you good american people.

Mavs<Spurs
11-04-2005, 01:00 PM
are you on crack? what do you think this Valerie Plame thing has become? There are plenty of dictators doing horrible stuff to their people and we have a policy of 'No nationbuilding'... In fact the saudis brutually supress their people but that seems to be cool with Bush.

It already has mentioned that Cheney withheld info from Congress and that they created a group to 'market' the war. Brent Scowcroft came out and said bascially Cheney and Rumsfeld behaved not like a democracy but a dictatorship. Not to mention the guy in teh state department saying there was a 'Cabal'.

Our president is a first rate a-hole and is screwing our country and others. WHy the hell would anyone like him? and why would you care if they protested??

Did your mom drop you on your head?

Make up your mind, do you want us to liberate people or not? Inconsistent! Should we liberate the Saudis? Is that your position? So, liberating Afghanistan and Iraq was wrong, but invading Saudi Arabia would be a good idea? Pass the pipe buddy.

You lost the election, buddy. Get over it.

As I said earlier, move if you hate this country and the President so much.

Move where they have double digit unemployment, like in Europe.

You may be a socialist and a pacifist, but about 60 million Americans aren't.

You want to join Michael Moron, do it. But don't waste our time here.

You sound really clever to say remove Saddam, but then don't help build a democracy. He did have two sons who weren't a member of the good guys.
If we had killed Saddam and that was it, guess who is now in power.

Except for you, most terrorists groups are not based in democracies. Or hadn't you figured that one out yet? Islamic Jihad, PLO, Al Qaeda...

Over the long term, when you establish democracies in the Middle East, you will produce an environment that is less fertile soil for terrorism.

You didn't describe the President, you described yourself.

How many indictments are there against Bush or Cheney or Rove? Answer precisely zero. They were not and will not be indicted. That's because they didn't break the law and you only indict people if you want to charge them with a crime (and an indictment is not equivalent to a conviction).
Of course, if I were a liberal, like you, I don't know that I would be going there. Or do you not remember Monica? That was the President himself, not an aide. He was impeached.

Scowcraft is a pre 9-11 person who can't change his paradigm. 911 made it clear that you can't wait until the threat is fully materialized and are about to be attacked, before you respond to it. Problem with waiting for a smoking gun is that the gun only smokes after it has been fired, which generally means someone was shot and probalby killed. Chem and Bio weapons and nuclear weapons can kill hundreds of thousands of people or more at a time.

Do you really think that in a post 911 world, we should allow rogue states who had used wmd in the past to continue to in their status quo?

Were you opposed to the invasion in Afghanistan also? If yes, you are a major pacifist, hopeless and are not representative of the US population.
If not, then you are inconsistent.

How many senators want to make a complete and total withdrawal of our troops now? Probably zero, no more than a handfull out of 100. There's a reason for that. Dems know that the 2006 and 2008 elections are coming up and they will be seens as promoting a pacifist, weak national defense by most Americans if they call for a complete and total withdrawal right now.

Plame- Clinton himself was impeached. Bush has not been impeached. Libby is only an aide. Libby has not been found guilty. The jury only hears the prosecutor when they are deciding whether or not there is a sufficient basis for an indictment (which is essentially whether or not someone should be charged). The grand jury did not hear anything from Libby's defense attorney. In fact, Libby would never have been charged with anything at all, had he been allowed to invoke fifth amendment rights. He could not because he served in the government. There was no indictment with the charge being outing a covert agent. The reason is very simple. There was not enough evidence to support such a charge. You are barking at the moon.

Bipartisan committees have already concluded that the administration played no role in coercing or manipulating intelligence. Joe Wilson is the most discredit person in America (other than Bill Clinton). As I said, Bush has not and will not even be charged with anythin. A Bipartisan group concluded that he was lying about virtually his entire testimony: A sample: His wife did play a major role in his "investigation" at Niger. Cheney's office did not send him. He did not actually see the documents which he claimed were fake because the documents were seen some 8 months after his trip. This is just for starters.

Fitzgerald already stated that this has nothing to do with the war, for or against. It is a narrow investigation.

Its funny that you think that free speech means that only dissidents are allowed to protest, but supporters of the President are not alllowed to express their views. Free speech does not mean that if you say something stupid, I can't critique it. This is a Spurs basketball website.

I don't care if a minority of Argentinians protest. Perhaps one day that will get rid of all the corruption, open up a free market and get their economy moving so that their citizens don't have to live in terrible conditions.
I wish them the best. The protestors are probably literally members of a Socialist organization. That's not a joke. A large number of the Protestors in Europe are members of ANSWR or some such group which is literally a Socialist group. Probably this occurs in South America as well. Too bad.

OM_fever
11-04-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm not a big contributor but sorry it's too tempting to answer on some comments...
First "themanurules", please stop being loged on the republican newsletter... Indeed, your comments are closed to even been stupid. First, speaking about gas, it has been used after the bush father decided to leave Irak without finishing his job (you forget maybe?!) Secondly, Irak - Iran war has been highly due to Western Countries, part of those the USA, France & all big weapons vendors (don't worry I'm ashame as a french).

We can go further, your vietnam comparison is even worse. You should take another ratio: number of civilians killed in Irak compare to the number of civilians killed in Vietnam, it's even better if you consider all the killed people due to that formidable program: oil for war!! (still don't worry, France is involved as well in some scandals linked to that fucking idea). We can keep on by speaking about Saudi Arabia, they shouldn't be worried about being invaded by Irak, indeed it was just some manipulation from the US with fake pictures (no force on the boundaries) and you forget that to invad Saudi Arabia, you have to invade the corner stone of muslim religion, which is not the right thing to do for Saddam, and he knew it. Furthermore, do you know that saudi arabia is a dictatur? With a lot of civilians killed? What is your criteria to decide whether this country should be invaded and not another one?

To understand some hate about the US you should consider their willing to destroy the united nations, to control the world through the trade organization (sorry forget the translation of "OMC" (in french here)) which create a lot of poor regions trhough the wolrd (don't worry, all rich country are part of this blind game, not only the US)...

I could keep on a long time... but I don't think the US are only that, by far, but your ambassador is highly critized because he is the symbol of such thing. He represents the oil lobby (hard for ecologist), weapon lobby (a good war is always welcome) and a lot of private interest...

If you want to speak about terrorism, it's really a sensitiv topic. Indeed, you should keep in mind that it's a lot of time used as the unique way to fight against dictator...

Last points, don't forget that if you didn't free the western Europe, you would not have been so rich, yes we've been your first market... and you had a lot of interest to do so, especially to fight against the former USSR... and don't forget that France was your ally when you fight against england for your freedom (OK we hated english on that time, but still we helped you...)

Concerning the elections, I don't care till it's internal, the problem is that we pay the price (mean the world) since that elections... (war, pollution, ...)

I say one really good point: I agree that the US were totally right to do what Europe was afraid to do in Yugoslavia, and even in Afghanistan. But don't forget, that you did that after facing terrorism, not to help those people (if it was the case, you would have interfere a lot of years before!)

I'm sorry, I will have no access to this forum till monday, so you can answer but I will not answer immediatly after.

Go Spurs!!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2005, 01:41 PM

Are you fucking serious!??? and on top of that you tell us to chill out!?? Hey just because you're an uneducated fool, whose grasp of geography consists on a fucking 5 block radius DOES NOT mean the rest of the world is like that ok T Park! Jesus! Give it a rest you ignorant fuck!

spvrs
11-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Read the polls "themanurules" you should move. almost 50% of people strongly disapprove of Bush. 10 more percent just disapprove. And the reason you see no indictments is because the Republicans control the houses and the senate (not to mention trying to politicize the court system) and refuse to investigate anything. Plus you have a duo in the whitehouse that is shameless enough to use 911 for political game and to squelch dissent.

We just learned the lesson of why you don't 'nation build' again. because you get a mess like Iraq. So your flag waving impose 'democracy' idea is flat out stupid.

FYI once secular Iraq is now a haven for terrorist. UN put out a report that said we are now MORE unsafe than we were and deaths from terrorism internationally have risen. So save the 'smoke them out of the holes' and 'mission accomplished speeches. Iran is where the terrorist are and we can't do a thing because we've got our hands tied in Iraq.

Bipartisan committees have already concluded that the administration played no role in coercing or manipulating intelligence.

this is horseshit. the bipartisan committee agreed that their was and they should investigate. The democrats shut down the senate because the Republicans were stonewalling and doing nothing.

Oh, Gee!!
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the new sig, TPark

Vashner
11-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Lol.
http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/maradona03.jpg
http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/pres01.jpg

101A
11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
this thread has become political.

BTW I'm democrat and approve of Bush's comments on Manu.
I disagree with everything else.

I wonder who Jeb Bush roots for? Shaq?

Bush is an implanted Texan,anyway.He claims to be Texan but he's actually from the New England area.The Bushes did all this by design.Im pretty sure there's a Bush as we speak that lives in California that will run for Governor.

Bush Sr. is from the N.E. - GW grew up in Texas (and D.C. 'cause that is where the old man worked - though he represented Texas). He met his wife in West Texas. Listen to his accent for Christ's sake. (Compare it Kennedy's for a reference). Oh, and get a clue.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
He wasn't??

You underestimate the idioicy of people Mookie.

It's not like all he did was do drugs. Music has a positive effect on many people's lives and from that effect many more positive things can come to be.

You seriously think that just because you can afford Season Tickets that you're fuckin billy bad ass? What have you done in your life that makes you so special.
Ripping on people for choosing to do drugs is so fucking weak.

Solid D
11-04-2005, 03:08 PM
When you're not First World, or even Second World, you get jealous.

:smokin

(meant to be humorous folks)

spvrs
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Pretty soon US isn't going to be first world anymore...

At least we'll have the most multi billionaires though!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
11-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I dont think they care if we are first world or not, as long as all political decisions appointments and thought is CONSERVATIVE or involved in conserving things.

Solid D
11-04-2005, 03:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_world

FuzzyLumpkins
11-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Kolko.

Replace the word terrorist with jew and you can see why the Hitler comparisons come from. You would do Goebbels proud.

Really what is sad is this shows a very limited ability towards independent thought. I really recommend people read some John Locke particularly Social Contract, Two Tretise of Government and A Letter Concerning Toleration and get a real idea of what the framework of our government is all about.

Its truly sad to see this country affirm the bill of rights proposed by the UN only to use the above as an excuse to remove certain human rights such as habeas corpus.

Reminds me of people quoting Romans to throw out the ten commandments.

Bottomline is that there are certain inalieable rights that every human being should be entitled to. Its our past defenses of this principle that makes this country great and its sad to see our foreign policy once again make a mockery of that.

At least the Nazi's got Nuremburg. While that was in many ways a sham, at least it was an attempt at the civilities that make a civilization worth living in.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Replace the word terrorist with jew and you can see why the Hitler comparisons come from. You would do Goebbels proud.

Really what is sad is this shows a very limited ability towards independent thought. I really recommend people read some John Locke particularly Social Contract, Two Tretise of Government and A Letter Concerning Toleration and get a real idea of what the framework of our government is all about.

Its truly sad to see this country affirm the bill of rights proposed by the UN only to use the above as an excuse to remove certain human rights such as habeas corpus.

Reminds me of people quoting Romans to throw out the ten commandments.

Bottomline is that there are certain inalieable rights that every human being should be entitled to. Its our past defenses of this principle that makes this country great and its sad to see our foreign policy once again make a mockery of that.

At least the Nazi's got Nuremburg. While that was in many ways a sham, at least it was an attempt at the civilities that make a civilization worth living in.
hahaha, T Park reading Locke?? that'll be the day

spvrs
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/30/AR2005083001727.html
http://www.cpe-sf.com/ruthgroup/downloads/EnvironmentalRollBacks/Mainpage.htm
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0407/dailyUpdate.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina#Disaster_response
http://www.asce.org/reportcard/2005/page.cfm?id=103

Marhq
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Every country is entitled to elect a moron as president. The thing is that in a country like Argentina the president only gets to fuck his own country; when you are the most powerful nation on the planet, your president gets to fuck the entire world. That's why people outside the US dislike American presidents in general. And then there are the more "personal" reasons each country may have (In Argentina's case, among other things, the US goverment sponsored a military coup in the 70's that kidnapped and killed 30.000 people).

Obviously, having someone like Bush doesn't help either.

This sentiment is not against everything and everybody in the US. But he's the president, it can't get more symbolic than that.

Sometimes I feel that the ignorance about the (real) world that is often associated with Americans carries a great deal of innocence, like they don't know the effects their country/goverment have on other countrys. The other day I was talking with this exchange student from New York (law school) and she told me that she was surprised of how present the US is on our everyday lives. It's not like we can forget about it.

Saludos.

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Nothing better than wading through a cesspool of trendy left-wing vomit tinged with a bit of South American spice.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Every country is entitled to elect a moron as president. The thing is that in a country like Argentina the president only gets to fuck his own country; when you are the most powerful nation on the planet, your president gets to fuck the entire world. That's why people outside the US dislike American presidents in general. And then there are the more "personal" reasons each country may have (In Argentina's case, among other things, the US goverment sponsored a military coup in the 70's that kidnapped and killed 30.000 people).

Obviously, having someone like Bush doesn't help either.

This sentiment is not against everything and everybody in the US. But he's the president, it can't get more symbolic than that.

Sometimes I feel that the ignorance about the (real) world that is often associated with Americans carries a great deal of innocence, like they don't know the effects their country/goverment have on other countrys. The other day I was talking with this exchange student from New York (law school) and she told me that she was surprised of how present the US is on our everyday lives. It's not like we can forget about it.

Saludos.

Nah what Kissinger did to the Chileans was much better.

Nobel peace prize my ass that dude should be in jail.

Marhq
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
hahaha, T Park reading Locke?? that'll be the day
Hobbes maybe?

Saludos.

spvrs
11-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Marhq thanks for the insight

MB, great take... how does the kool aid taste? excuse people who get mad about a right wingers growing spending faster than LBJ and doing it all by borrow... I'm a libertarian, that's not left wing

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Eh, you're all weirdos to me. Left, right, green, brown, blue, Argentine...I don't care.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Eh, you're all weirdos to me. Left, right, green, brown, blue, Argentine...I don't care.
the feeling is mutual

j-6
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Marhq thanks for the insight

MB, great take... how does the kool aid taste? excuse people who get mad about a right wingers growing spending faster than LBJ and doing it all by borrow... I'm a libertarian, that's not left wing

Libertarians are popping up all over the place these days. Is that the trendy new political stance of the moment?

spvrs
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Nope. They start making noise when people trample on civil liberties. Like Teri Shavo situation or searching your property without the consent of a judge.

nkdlunch
11-04-2005, 05:30 PM
:lmao Chavez and Maradona together asked for Bush to be kicked out :lol
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/11/04/um/chavez_tapa.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Libertarians are popping up all over the place these days. Is that the trendy new political stance of the moment?

Actually its more of a sign that the twoheaded monster that is the two party system is getting even more difficult to bear as time goes on.

kolko
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Americas summit protest turns violent:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/11/04/bush.summit/index.html

Both cities (Mar del Plata and Buenos Aires) were a chaos today.

kolko
11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/politica/cumbre/fotos/4-11/ap.jpg

kolko
11-04-2005, 07:00 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/05/454870.JPG

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/05/454868.JPG

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/05/454995.JPG

Dos
11-04-2005, 07:07 PM
were are the peronista's now..?

Gerryatrics
11-04-2005, 09:09 PM

Ah, Jews and Terrorists, substitute at will. I can definitely see the comparison between a quiet, peaceful, law-abiding shopkeeper and a religious fanatic shooting up a school filled with little kids. Perfect moral equivalency there... my eyes are opened.

kolko
11-04-2005, 10:34 PM
BUSH: The American people are grateful for the contributions Argentines have made to our country. I mean, we've got all kinds of people in America -- Ginobili -- I don't know if you've heard of Manu Ginobili -- (laughter). He made a vital contribution to the basketball team from the state in which I live. But he's also a good ambassador for your country and people of Argentine heritage have contributed mightily to America and we're grateful for that.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/11/20051104.html

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Americas summit protest turns violent:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/11/04/bush.summit/index.html

Both cities (Mar del Plata and Buenos Aires) were a chaos today.
Kolko, donde vivis chabon??? Porque yo vivo en Capital, y tengo familiares y amigos en Mar del Plata y te puedo asegurar que no hubo un caos! Solo unos cuantos boludos quemando y rompiendo cosas. No exageremos las cosas, queres!

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Ah, Jews and Terrorists, substitute at will. I can definitely see the comparison between a quiet, peaceful, law-abiding shopkeeper and a religious fanatic shooting up a school filled with little kids. Perfect moral equivalency there... my eyes are opened.

Both them had a mother and father, have the same number of chromosomes as you and I, synthesize ATP for cellular respiration, opposable thumbs the whole deal. Maybe youre willing to draw the line as to what humans are entitled to rights and which are not.

Here's an idea for you. The Germans certainly didnt see the jews that were being rounded up and killed as the innocent shopkeepers that you prtray them as just as the portrayal of the people in custody.

Do you have any information as the who the people being held in Guantanamo are and the reasons for them being held? Im talking about specifics not the soundbites that your being fed. Im talking about specific situational, testimonial, forensic, any type of evidence that warrants the removal of their rights?

Now granted in terms of degree,what Hitler did was much much worse, but if you cannot see the parallel between the two situations you are just sticking your head in the sand.

Bottomline: every human being on this globe is entitled to certain rghts. Whats the harm in habeas corpus? If they truly are terrorists then it would hold up in a court of law and at that point it is reasonable to curtail their rights.

Every human on this planet deserves the right to defend themselves in a public forum. When a government starts taking that away it should raise flags in every red blooded americans mind.

Vashner
11-05-2005, 01:12 AM
lol this guys a real winner..
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/americas/11/04/bush.summit/top.2230.kick.ap.jpg

ALVAREZ6
11-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Did I say YOU???

I said "Normal" Americans.

Idiots youd pull off the street.

Exactly.

By what you're saying, "normal" Americans are ignorant as fuck and don't know a thing about ANY countries worldwide other than Mexico and maybe Canada.

In the United States, if you have a Spanish name, you are officially a Mexican.

ALVAREZ6
11-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Wow! Does Argentina have a particular grievance with Bush or do they just object to his anit terrorism measures in general?
Are Argentina and the U.S. considered allies?
Angel, are you that surprised that Argentina dislikes Bush?

It's a global thing, no one likes Bush.

smeagol
11-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Couldn't expect nothing less from an uneducated idiot such as you.

JoeChalupa
11-05-2005, 08:52 AM
I think some of the problems is that people in other parts of the world sees Bush as a "Do as I say, not as I do" kind of leader.

manubili
11-05-2005, 10:22 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1635037,00.html

Vashner
11-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Angel, are you that surprised that Argentina dislikes Bush?

It's a global thing, no one likes Bush.

That's not true... Globally he's split just like in USA. It's a silent majority in some places as well.

You have a media operation that has been after his ass since before the 2000 elections.

The protestors do not represent ALL of Argentina and other south america countries....

MaNuMaNiAc
11-05-2005, 05:16 PM
That's not true... Globally he's split just like in USA. It's a silent majority in some places as well.

You have a media operation that has been after his ass since before the 2000 elections.

The protestors do not represent ALL of Argentina and other south america countries....
no Vashner, most of Argentina is against Bush. However, not all of Argentina is leftist. You don't have to be a liberal to think Bush is not fit to be the most powerful man on earth!

spvrs
11-06-2005, 01:50 PM
That's not true... Globally he's split just like in USA

people hate bush world wide even more than the 57% here that strongly disapprove.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=5
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1394393,00.html

zeleni
11-08-2005, 09:30 AM

Hitler took citizenship from the Jews by law. Bush has to worry on Supreme Court, so they could not entirely be compared. But the sole position of Guantanamo Bay and the misuse of the camp... yes he did it to all detainees, were they Americans or not. WWII gave some lessons, but Bush would be Hitler 60 years ago, and Goebbels would own FOX News back then as citizen Kane. Only history protects us.

Yonivore
11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Hitler took citizenship from the Jews by law. Bush has to worry on Supreme Court, so they could not entirely be compared. But the sole position of Guantanamo Bay and the misuse of the camp... yes he did it to all detainees, were they Americans or not. WWII gave some lessons, but Bush would be Hitler 60 years ago, and Goebbels would own FOX News back then as citizen Kane. Only history protects us.
You're stupid.

Are the detainees innocents just being held because of some accident of birth? And all mistreatment has been prosecuted.

I don't think there's a comparison. Hitler was indiscriminate, brutal, and used absolutely no self restraint.

If America were like that, you wouldn't even know about Gitmo.

Yonivore
11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
people hate bush world wide even more than the 57% here that strongly disapprove.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=5
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1394393,00.html

What can we say, propaganda works on stupid people. Look at why they hate him...it's because they believe the lies.

spvrs
11-08-2005, 12:35 PM
yeah right... the hate him because he's a neocon asshole who spends money like jackass and gives back to the haves and have mores.

btw, these are the guys that paid reporters to write up articles in favor of their policies that didn't have the 'Advertising' label. And produced videos for the education department designed as 'news', but in fact spun for the administration. That is the definition of propaganda (not to mention is illegal). they also the guys that manage reporters to ask the right questions rewarding those who play take their views with trips on Air force one and talks with the first lady. They refuse to do real press conferences and let photographers take ad hoc photo (they distribute their heroic shots). Don't forget the so called press conference where everyone was told the questions in advance plus given their answer.

They will be the first to cry about partisian 'attacks' though... and reporter bias.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.sindominio.net/singuerra/bushnazi_new.jpg

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 12:45 PM
On foreign policy, the Bush=Hitler comparisons are the domain of fucking idiots.

Bush isn't even Churchill. Churchill supported intentional firebombing of civilian areas.

SpursWoman
11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
...but Churchill was a hero....? :wtf

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:01 PM
...but Churchill was a hero....? :wtf
Yes. But he and FDR did not see eye to eye on tactics.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Couldn't expect nothing less from an uneducated idiot such as you.

It's not hard to prod you into confirming the stereotype. I'm quite happy with my formal and informal educational attainments.

Oh, by the way, shut the fuck up.

Vashner
11-08-2005, 01:45 PM
No the anti war crowd is like the pre WWII crowd that did not want us to go to war with Japan and Germany. Even after Germany was tearing europe a new one.

The anti war crowd cost us over 250,000 dead troops. Because instead of going in RIGHT after Germany invaded it's 1st country we waited till France fell and had to hassle with that awefull Dday instead of a safer entry into combat and stopping hitlers production of various advanced weapons and shutting concentration camps down quicker.

Liberals are the Nazi's...
http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/byrdnazi01.jpg

smeagol
11-08-2005, 01:59 PM
In Argentina's case, among other things, the US goverment sponsored a military coup in the 70's that kidnapped and killed 30.000 people.

The majority of the Argentine population and most of its politicians were in favor of the coup. Argentina in 1976 was a chaos. Let's not blame the US for out internal fuck ups.

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2005, 02:00 PM
that pic was too big.

zeleni
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
You're stupid.

Are the detainees innocents just being held because of some accident of birth? And all mistreatment has been prosecuted.

I don't think there's a comparison. Hitler was indiscriminate, brutal, and used absolutely no self restraint.

If America were like that, you wouldn't even know about Gitmo.

If detainees do not have habeas corpus, they become simply captives of war on terrorism, which is a makeup war, like war on drugs.
Captives of a makeup war, without habeas corpus, are exactly like Jews.

Now something about Hitler that your ignorance does not recognize:
Hitler did was under the rule of law all the way. So a guy who shouts louder is more evil? If your Supreme Court claimed administration was legit, Bush could become Hitler.

If America was like what? Full of vigilants "aka minute-men"? Full of ignorant people and epical all-American praise subculture? If you had a fanatical leader? Weak opposition? Politicaly abused courts like in recent elections? You were a Supreme Court decision away from being an example of historic death of the oldest Constitution.

Do not call me stupid. Hitler was stupid, he could have it all. Bush was stupid, he could have it all. Let me just say this. If a baby shits on the floor, I do not root for him the same day at potty training. I want him to hold it up. Bush messed it up, just like Hitler did, and they were both legal to do so.

International Law sentenced Eichman after the war on the makeup war on Jew killings. Your courts stopped your President. No Constitutional Court could stop Hitler. And that is the thread on which you are clinging.

smeagol
11-08-2005, 02:09 PM
It's not hard to prod you into confirming the stereotype.
What stereotype is that? We Argentines are what?

I'm quite happy with my formal and informal educational attainments.
The problem with you is that every now and again you like to denigrate groups of people, such as the Argentines, with a number of offensive comments. Even on this thread, where I have basically agreed with you that the anti-Bush demonstrations are stupid (and I’m willing to debate this point with anyone), you have managed to be you usual idiotic self with a denigrating, cocky comment

Oh, by the way, shut the fuck up.
Fuck you too, asshole.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 02:13 PM
The problem is that you take everything so seriously. Lighten up, asshole.

smeagol
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Why don't you put one of these :spin when you are being sarcastic?

spvrs
11-08-2005, 04:20 PM
This was nothing like WWII. Sadam was a ruthless tyrant who was secular, had no ties to 911 and no WDMs. Afgahnastan is a total differnet issue, this was the right thing to do but unfortunately we couldn't see it through and catch bin Laden because our dipshyt president wanted to avenge his daddy and all the money and resources got sucked to Iraq. These jokers thought the war would pay for itself, that people would throw us roses, and that it didn't require planning. These guys should be in jail not leading the country

Now we are less safe with a nice lawless terrorist training ground. With all these human rights abuses they've got all the propaganda they need.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Its not only him jackass!! Your sarcasm IS NOT SARCASM!! Sarcasm takes wit, and your dumb fucking comments have none! You think simply because you used no curse words its not an insult?? Why don't you try using your head before you post!!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Just to clarify, I disagree with the "Bush = Hitler" comparison on a number of different levels. Ludicrous!

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Its not only him jackass!! Your sarcasm IS NOT SARCASM!! Sarcasm takes wit, and your dumb fucking comments have none! You think simply because you used no curse words its not an insult?? Why don't you try using your head before you post!!

Funny, you seem to have no problem resorting to profanity laced witless comments. You do have that trademark Argentinian arrogance though.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
This was nothing like WWII. Sadam was a ruthless tyrant who was secular, had no ties to 911 and no WDMs. Afgahnastan is a total differnet issue, this was the right thing to do but unfortunately we couldn't see it through and catch bin Laden because our dipshyt president wanted to avenge his daddy and all the money and resources got sucked to Iraq. These jokers thought the war would pay for itself, that people would throw us roses, and that it didn't require planning. These guys should be in jail not leading the country

Now we are less safe with a nice lawless terrorist training ground. With all these human rights abuses they've got all the propaganda they need.

Nah, Hussein had been positioning himself publicly with the Islamist cause over the years leading up to the invasion. Also, regardless of whether Hussein had the WMDs, he certainly wanted them and was working the UN so he'd be free to run his weapons programs as he saw fit. There was already more than enough reason to take his ass out pre-9/11.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Funny, you seem to have no problem resorting to profanity laced witless comments. You do have that trademark Argentinian arrogance though.
trademark Argentinian arrogance? Well, I suppose if you can spot a trademark Argentinian anything, you must have lived here, right? Where in Argentina have you lived MB? or are you just talking out of your ass like usual?

smeagol
11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
You do have that trademark Argentinian arrogance though.
How does that compare to the trademark American arrogance? 'Cause you are as arrogant as they get.

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Nah, just throwing it back in your face.

Yonivore
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
How does that compare to the trademark American arrogance? 'Cause you are as arrogant as they get.
Well, it's not arrogant if it's true. That's how it compares, Tina. ;)

MaNuMaNiAc
11-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, it's not arrogant if it's true. That's how it compares, Tina. ;) since when is it no arrogance if its true??? and then you wonder why Americans are disliked around the world...

smeagol
11-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Perception of Americans by non-Americans is that they are arrogant. MB prooves them right.

Yonivore
11-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Perception of Americans by non-Americans is that they are arrogant. MB prooves them right.
Fuck 'em.

Spurs košarka kultura
11-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Its a shame pride is often viewed as arrogance.

smeagol
11-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Fuck 'em.
I rest my case.

gtownspur
11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
^^If you were to ask a honduran who was more arrogant.^ Youd get the argentines.

Spurs košarka kultura
11-08-2005, 10:24 PM
^I'm not taking sides, but what happens when you ask a Canadian?

gtownspur
11-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Well canada might have more of a rivalry towards the US than Argentina. Plus we're their neighbors.

smeagol
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
^^If you were to ask a honduran who was more arrogant.^ Youd get the argentines.
I know Argentines are arrogant (proly the most arrogant in all LatAm). The difference is I acknowldge it. Sparky and TRO is arrogant as hell and they either don't know it or they simply don't care.

zeleni
01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Just to clarify, I disagree with the "Bush = Hitler" comparison on a number of different levels. Ludicrous!

You are right. Bush will retire with style as a 2term President of USA.
Thank God for lawyers nad BAR who made that possible. And let God crush the lawyers who elected him by the Supreme Court. Talk about cynicism.

clubalien
01-02-2006, 05:11 PM

are you saying bush = hitler^3