PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Settle for Scraps

MickeyOnFox
07-15-2003, 04:15 PM
You can say anything you want.
The truth is? You guys had to settle for scraps.

you think that white Boy from Minn. is the answer?

I got news for you. You just gave the WCF's to the lakers
and mav's.
Tim Duncan needs A brother next to him.
Not some corn eating red neck from Poland.
Good Luck spurs fans.
your going to need it.
after all? stern will not lose money twice in a row.
spurs better do some really good trades next off season.
because 2004 Belongs to the Mighty Mighty Mav's

KoriEllis
07-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Mouse, you are posting this too early. After signing Rasho, they still have around $10 million to spend. Wait til they spend it before making judgement.

GrandeDavid
07-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Mighty Mouse, you really need to come up with a different act. Is your coffee can all tapped out again? Anyone who has been to Mouse's knows what I'm talking about. Bro, the Mavs act is tired. At least jump on another team's bandwagon!

MickeyOnFox
07-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Kori spend it on what?

the scraps that fell off the table?
all the good meat is gone.
thank you for confirming my point:smokin2

scott
07-15-2003, 04:21 PM
And the Mavs? they are begging anyone to take
their MLE
Mark Cuban? He offered me the MLE yesterday
I had to tell him no
do Not want to have to wear my hair
like Nash or dirk.

it will Be okay though?
Evan Eschmeyer is ready to break out
Career year for Him.

kohai
07-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Right, somehow OUR whiteboy is inferior to Dallas' entire whiteboy BRIGADE of Stickman, Raef, and Dirk.

kohai
07-15-2003, 04:22 PM
RACK Scott and his Mouse take. :p

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Ummm, sorry guys, I hope you know this MickeyOnFox character does not represent the majority of Mavs fans...

MickeyOnFox
07-15-2003, 04:25 PM
GrandeDavid
Brazil ?

Bro act? what act?
did the spurs go after this dude from the beginning?
was this there #1 choice?
bro don't use your lame weak ass Brazil smack to try
and change the subject.
your spurs are getting left overs and you know it
and there is no acting needed this B movie will
be played in 2004 and then you will beg me for forgiveness

GrandeDavid
07-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Vai tomar no cú, meu amigão! :lol

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Mickey, as a fellow Mavs fan I have to tell you...this is not the time to talk. They got a decent player (not the best, true, but decent), but the Mavs have not signed anyone new. That could still change, but until we find a miracle 7 foot center that's a difference maker...talkin smack isn't allowed.

MickeyOnFox
07-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Adrienne18 ?

it's people like you That Give So called Mav's fans A bad
reputation. while your lips are firmly attached to the spurs?
take time to look in the mirror.
and ask yourself why would anyone take you serious
with your second post?
as far as i am concerned?
you could just be Grande David under another name
so when I change your diaper it wont hurt your reputation

face the facts spurs are going out in the first round
deal with it

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm not GrandeDavid, I don't know GrandeDavid, I've read about 2 of GrandeDavid's posts, ever. I'm just being realistic, and neither of us ever mentioned anything about next year until you did just now. You were just saying that they were getting table scraps, and my point was there's no reason to talk smack about the table scraps the Spurs are getting when the Mavs may not get anything. Get it? I didn't mean to like call you out or anything, just stating my opinion.

scott
07-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Damn Mouse, the newby just knocked you da f out.

MickeyOnFox
07-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Adrienne18 Is new but does have Punching powerhttp://www.hbo.com/boxing/img/commentator_photo_merchant.jpg

T Park Num 9
07-15-2003, 04:49 PM
who did the mavs sign??

Go eat some RAID Mouse.

MickeyOnFox
07-15-2003, 04:50 PM
http://www.oldradio.com/archives/people/cosell2.jpg this Is How ward Co sell I must say...
This New Guy will soon Be A heavy weight to the
likes of the Great ali..

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Ummm...thanks?:) And to clear things up Mickey, I am first and foremost a Mavs fan, but I love the game itself so I have a hard time disliking or trash talking any team (with the exception of the Lakers...) and end up sticking up for any of them.

kohai
07-15-2003, 04:51 PM
D-Con, TPark, D-Con. Raid would only get rid of his fleas....

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 04:54 PM
It's a new girl actually, I didn't think there were a lot of guys named Adrienne, spelled like that...

Walton Buys Off Me
07-15-2003, 04:54 PM
The Mavs? Since when did they become a contender?

Yeah I hate Rasho and yes he's a seven foot vagina....wait- doesn't that make him the prototypical Mav?

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Adrienne18?
sorry I talk like this cuz of folks like T Park
It's the only way to talk to imature no sex getting wannabe
spurs fans

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 04:56 PM
will someone buy my grill?http://www.hbo.com/boxing/img/commentator_photo_foreman.jpg

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Well, you're right that they're not really a contender, but they're more of a contender than...let me see...the Wizards, Rockets, Nuggets, Cavs, Magic, Heat, Knicks, Celtics, Bulls, Warriors, Suns, Sonics, Jazz, Raptors, Clippers, Grizzlies, Hawks, Bucks, Pacers, Hornets...shall I go on?;)

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 05:04 PM
bro you have some good takes
and your smack is ok also.
Don't let it go to your head...
The only reason spurs won a ring?
Dirk was hurt, and the nets choked.
next season will be diffrent..
spurs and there fans will be on an early vacation
watching lakers and mav's In the WCF's
and that is why the folks here hate me.
it's the truth and it hurts...

gospurs21
07-15-2003, 05:09 PM
mouse,
stop sucking up...your takes like your brain power is weak. go back to bothering Don Harris and all those other laim call in shows you spend your life trying to get on.

Go Spurs...

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Funny how folks can tell you you suck
at something they never do.
when was the last time you called a sports show?

stick to your poke e mon cards and posting on
your dads PC

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 05:52 PM
just wanted to clear up that I AM in fact a female, not a male...:)

bigzak25
07-15-2003, 05:53 PM
mouse,

the nets choked cuz the spurs grabbed them by the throat and squeeezed.

if the mavs lost cuz dirk went down, what was the excuse for 2002? and dirk deserved it for steppin on malik. funny how you pull the injury card vs. the spurs, but conveniently forget that webber went down too...the mavs will not win anything that matters until they get a low post defensive presence. cuban knows this, thus his pursuit of zo...why don't you realize it?

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Zak...

A)You're right, the Spurs are much better than the Nets, and although they won a couple games the Nets never really had a chance.
B)I understand people were mad at Dirk for stepping on Malik, but it's not exactly easy for a 250 lb man running at full speed to stop on a dime, especially when the person is laying right in their path.
C)Mouse's intentions are good I think, but don't judge all mavs fans from his perspectives.

That's my two cents...

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Adrienne18
just wanted to clear up that I AM in fact a female, not a male...

figures a female has better takes than these wannabes in here

CrazyOne
07-15-2003, 06:52 PM
For verification purposes, we need pictures (if you're cute, that is...) :wink

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 07:11 PM
i take terrible, terrible, terrible pictures...i think im the least photogenic person I know.

T Park Num 9
07-15-2003, 07:13 PM
doesnt matter

Lets see em!!! :hat2

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 07:16 PM
okay, but I'm warning you...I have ONE picture from way back when when my scanner wasn't broken, the room was dark and the flash went off in my face, and there's a cheatin' ex boyfriend cut out of the photo...

DuffMcCartney
07-15-2003, 07:16 PM
I am first and foremost a Mavs fan

You go now!!!:gun

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Be nice, duff. I'd also like to add that due to all those conditions I mentioned, I look like crap in the pic. AND...this has nothing to do with basketball and/or the Spurs...

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Many of you guys forget about the ADULT forum
on this site. it is chicken choking material :baby

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 07:29 PM
good then kids, go there, no need for my picture then:) since its a humongous picture anyway of my face (don't know how to make it smaller) and it's a little too up close and personal for my comfort

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Dammit you guys are making this place look like SR.

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 07:31 PM
AND...this has nothing to do with basketball and/or the Spurs...

I tried to warn em...:angel

So how bout them Spurs?

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Marcus Bryant

Dammit you guys are making this place look like SR.

where are all the locks?

Adrienne18
07-15-2003, 07:38 PM
ill post my pic in the club forum, alright? just don't be frightened of it.

DuffMcCartney
07-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Right...:angel

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 07:43 PM
duffy post your pic.
I to have a bald head :rollin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2003, 07:44 PM
I actually agree with mouse on this one.

We got the damn scraps. I was sure we'd get one of the marquee players, but no such luck.

I can't believe none of the available star talent wants to play with Tim. Sick, in a bad way.

Odom and Rasho, if we end up with them, is okay, but only if Odom performs up to his potential. I'm not sure Rasho's up to much, especially on D.

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Maybe no one wants to be on a team
with no personality
no Gloss no hype and no $$Shoe deals?

What ever the case is? POP being an ass hole?
or? San Antonio has no party clubs etc...
The fact is the spurs got scraps.
and you are brave to agree with me.

KoriEllis
07-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Mouse, if we end up with Rasho and signing a few scrubs -- then I'll agree with you. But if they trade well, or manage to get Odom or Brand, then I reserve my right to disagree.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Well, I am disappointed. We just saw 2-3 more championships in the next 5 years put in jeopardy (JK/JO would've lifted us to that level I believe).

However, sign Odom for 7-8mil and I'll be happy. Rasho's not great but he's okay and can improve under Pop and Tim, but Odom is a true prime time 'balla. He played in the first game I was in SA and was clearly the best Clipper on the court... he was the best all-'round player I saw after Tim and Tracy. And he can play the 3/4 which would fit us perfectly.

Bring on Odom and it's not a disastrous off-season... but if Rasho's all we can get, we got CHUMPED!

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Well they can't force those guys to sign Ruff.

MouseSmack
07-15-2003, 08:15 PM
But if they trade well, or manage to get Odom or Brand,
"IF" ? wudda shoulda coulda
I would not make this topic "if" I tought I was wrong
I would never say anything that was not 110% true
I don't see odom or brand so I have the right to post this

then I reserve my right to disagree

I don't know who you think you are.
But the owner of this web site
does not want you thinking you have all this freedom
why don't you go back to SR or were ever you came from :lol

DuffMcCartney
07-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Be nice, duff.

Okay my love.....:angel

herbivorefemale
07-15-2003, 09:16 PM
he readyoz,

no need to put the apostrophe in front of balla.

we all know you were trying to say it the cool way.

from now on just say basketball player.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Actually I said "balla" because that's what he is - a born basketball player. You can see it any time he steps on the court - he looks like he's on autopilot while doing the most incredible things. When I say "balla" I mean more than just "basketball player".

"Basketball players" are common - the NBA is filled with them - but "balla"s are a breed unto themselves. Guys like Kidd, TD, Odom, TMac, Kobe, Manu... human beings who fit a basketball court so purely they appear to have been bred for it. Shaq is not a "balla" because he can't do it all like the aformentioned can.

I wasn't trying to be cool - anyone who's met me (which includes much of this board) knows I can't be, so I don't even try! :lol

So there ya go...

MadeFromDust
07-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, to be honest, the word leftovers popped up in my mind early on after I heard we got Rasho. But mouse, I don't share your dim view of the Spurs chances against the Lamers. I think the Spurs are set for a repeat title run next season. The Lamers didn't get any quicker with the additions of old men *El Bow and *Gee Pee.

The only thing I'm concerned about is losing Speedy Claxton. I think Speedy should decide to stay on a championship team instead of being selfish and trying to get a starting gig. Having the official starting position shouldn't really matter. He should know that Pop is more willing to go with who's getting the job done after the playoffs. When TP was playing poorly, Pop benched him in favour of Speedy. Plus, if he starts somewhere else, he'll be subjected to more potential injury since he's fragile. A backup point guard role with decent minutes is perfect for him and he should know that.

KoriEllis
07-19-2003, 03:50 PM
If the Spurs end up signing Rasho, Horry, Pippen and a couple other vets and/or youngsters. Is that "scraps"?

Even if it is scraps, is it good enough to compete for a title?

Spursman
07-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Ultimately it doesn't matter Mouse, because the Mavs ain't doing Jack shiiit this next season, so fon't sweat it.

ducks
07-19-2003, 04:59 PM
rasho is not a scub he is a starter and he is a better post threat then dallas has