PDA

View Full Version : Nascar

Kip Fanatic
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Anyone going this weekend to Ft. Worth. Just wondering. I am going with my buddies again and they have a huge trailer. They know how to party. We'll represent with the biggest Spurs flag your eyes have seen.

pache100
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Anyone going this weekend to Ft. Worth. Just wondering. I am going with my buddies again and they have a huge trailer. They know how to party. We'll represent with the biggest Spurs flag your eyes have seen.

Excellent! I WISH. My brother generally goes to the race at TMS in the spring; one of his friends who lives in Dallas has an RV that they park on the infield, and he goes up with some friends who live here. They usually get there on Thursday or Friday and come out on Monday. He's not going to be able to go this weekend because he has to work.

Which drivers do you like? I am a Kasey Kahne fan, but I am rooting for Tony Stewart to win the Cup this year (since Kasey didn't make the Chase). I also like Ryan Newman, and of course Mikey and Jr. The only ones I DON'T like are Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson; and am getting to feel that way about Kyle Busch.

Our whole family likes NASCAR. My brother's driver is Kurt Busch (he was a happy camper last year!); my Mom likes Mikey and my sister roots for DJ.

Have fun at the race!

Kip Fanatic
11-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I fell in love with NASCAR like five years ago when I first went to TMS. I use to go to SAS a lot when I was little, but never followed it as I do now.

I like the Hendrick Boys. I like Mike Waltrip, Tony Stewart, and Kasey. I like Happy (Kevin Harvick) too. I don't like Little E too much. I think he is overrated. If it ain't a restrictor plate race, he ain't got a chance. He is starting to show that more and more this year. I got to meet a lot of them this past Spring. I got to pose with guys like M. Waltrip, Carl Edwards, Boris Said, Sterling Marlin, and some more.

I like the fact that you can get up and close to the drivers with the Pit Passes. The infield is the best way to experience the race. I have sat in the stands as well, but the infield is the best.

pache100
11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't like Little E too much. I think he is overrated. If it ain't a restrictor plate race, he ain't got a chance. He is starting to show that more and more this year.

I don't know. I used to feel that way about Jr, but I have done a lot of reading about him this season. I think he got a raw deal from DEI when they took away his pit crew and put it on the 15 car. He didn't see that coming, and there really wasn't an explanation for it. I also didn't think it was fair when they took that crew away from the 15 car and put it back on the 8 car. What the hell are they doing? I don't think either of the drivers have very much input into how things are run at DEI; I have come to believe that Jr doesn't get along with Teresa that well. I have come to the conclusion that she doesn't get along with much of anybody. I don't blame Mikey for leaving DEI, but I think his ride for next year is probably temporary and I think they will still be getting very little support from Dodge. I think he and DW will go into full partnership with BDR in a couple of years and they will be racing Toyota cars at Bill Davis. Toyota is champing at the bit to break into NASCAR. So is Honda, but that is probably a few years down the road. I would not be surprised at all to see Jr leave DEI at some point in the future and either go out on his own or drive for another team. I don't think he is happy at DEI and I don't think he ever will be as long as Teresa is running the show.

Forgot to add: Next year is going to be a very interesting year with this fruit-basket-turnover of drivers and teams and cars that is coming up. Who knows where who will land?

Kip Fanatic
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
It was a move (switching crews) that surprised the heck out of everyone. I think that threw everyone off and thus Jr. and Mike never had a chance to make the Chase.

Next year will be a good one. I say Jeff G. Drives for Five.

j-6
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I spent a big chunk of the last two nights and this morning out there at the speedway, and it's already a freaking zoo. I had to drop off some signage this morning and 35 was backed up past Loop 820 almost all the way to downtown. Much, much busier than the other two raceweeks were this year. I don't follow racing, but I am pretty good at identifying people in full party mode. And they are legion.

Oh yeah, bring extra mosquito repellant, citronella, et cetera. We got eaten alive Wednesday night.

Kip Fanatic
11-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I spent a big chunk of the last two nights and this morning out there at the speedway, and it's already a freaking zoo. I had to drop off some signage this morning and 35 was backed up past Loop 820 almost all the way to downtown. Much, much busier than the other two raceweeks were this year. I don't follow racing, but I am pretty good at identifying people in full party mode. And they are legion.

Oh yeah, bring extra mosquito repellant, citronella, et cetera. We got eaten alive Wednesday night.

Off? The mosquito's are out right now? Weird. The traffic is always bad. Its always good to be stocked up with ice, water, food, and everything else to survive in the infield. The only time the traffic is good is at night.

That reminds me, TMS needs to change one of the races to a night one. I just hope we get a free strip show again this time. In the Spring, some White chick with a smokin' body was all drunk and got on top of some truck and stripped for everyone.

KEDA
11-04-2005, 06:36 PM
CARL EDWARDS

#99 OFFICE DEPOT Ford!!!

W00T!

AlamoSpursFan
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM

Thanks for that advice.

I snagged a ride on the KTSA/K-ROCK party bus.

I'm there Sunday!

I'll be sporting my Spurs Championship hat until I hit the NASCAR merchandise trailer for one of those red camo Dale Jr. hats.

Duff McCartney
11-04-2005, 08:58 PM
http://www.bustedtees.com/images/boringnascar.117.gallery_normal.jpg

JoeChalupa
11-04-2005, 09:04 PM
no