PDA

View Full Version : If you don't own a gun by now, god help you...

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2020, 05:24 PM
This virus is nothing that'll kill an able-bodied man, but the panic it's causing is unprecedented (especially over in this shithole country) and something to behold. They're closing everything down in this region and it won't be pretty soon. Gotta be handy with the steel if ya know what i mean, earn ya keep.

spurraider21
03-13-2020, 05:25 PM
:lol fantasizing about actually making practical use of your gun

Th'Pusher
03-13-2020, 05:26 PM

:lol

hater
03-13-2020, 05:27 PM
This virus is nothing that'll kill an able-bodied man, but the panic it's causing is unprecedented (especially over in this shithole country) and something to behold. They're closing everything down in this region and it won't be pretty soon. Gotta be handy with the steel if ya know what i mean, earn ya keep.

what region is that?

I dont think theyll be riots and shit. this is not Walking Dead tbqh

spurraider21
03-13-2020, 05:34 PM
though im sure everybody on ST has a heroic self defense story, the same way everybody here is making 6 figures at a minimum

Winehole23
03-13-2020, 05:36 PM
:lol fantasizing about actually making practical use of your guncrawl on your belly and shoot your neighbor for his stuff.

no joking matter, some people have been preparing and strategizing for the big social breakdown.

Blake
03-13-2020, 06:27 PM
crawl on your belly and shoot your neighbor for his stuff.

no joking matter, some people have been preparing and strategizing for the big social breakdown.

There will always be those people

ElNono
03-13-2020, 06:49 PM

You're back in Afghanistan, tbh?

Spurtacular
03-13-2020, 07:23 PM

These cops carrying their guns are so impractical, amirite?

Spurminator
03-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Dude if you need toilet paper that bad just ask.

Winehole23
03-13-2020, 08:30 PM
These cops carrying their guns are so impractical, amirite?Are you a cop?

AFAIK, we weren't talking about uniformed police, but preppers and survivalists fantasizing about taking the law into their own hands post-social collapse.

pgardn
03-13-2020, 08:36 PM

pgardn
03-13-2020, 08:37 PM
Are you a cop?

AFAIK, we weren't talking about uniformed police, but preppers and survivalists fantasizing about taking the law into their own hands post-social collapse.

We got the extremes from the Trumpers.

“Its just the flu, no testing needed”

to

“I got cold steel waitin fur yu if you come for my toilet paper.”

DMC
03-14-2020, 12:14 AM
I have plenty already, and enough ammo that they'd call it a cache if they raided me. Doesn't really matter unless I want to storm someone's house and take their shit.

Chris
03-14-2020, 12:22 AM
Mount up!

DMC
03-14-2020, 12:25 AM
Mount up!

Nah, I can't. I still have several attachments I need for my CoD weapons. Chop Chop

ducks
03-14-2020, 12:27 AM
Are you a cop?

Lol you would let a robber and murder in house and steal
Your food
And let them
Rape
Your 18 year Old
Virgin daughter
Because you do not want to take law into your own hand

Chris
03-14-2020, 12:31 AM
Nah, I can't. I still have several attachments I need for my CoD weapons. Chop Chop

It's from the song lyrics in the OP :lol

1plPyJdXKIY

DC23
03-14-2020, 12:41 AM
Civil unrest?

DMC
03-14-2020, 05:39 PM
It's from the song lyrics in the OP :lol

1plPyJdXKIY

It's actually from Young Guns.

Chris
03-14-2020, 06:29 PM
It's actually from Young Guns.

my sister was obsessed with that movie :lol

Splits
03-14-2020, 06:34 PM

DMX7
03-14-2020, 06:40 PM

So savage :rollin

Blake
03-14-2020, 07:35 PM
my sister was obsessed with that movie :lol

Right, your "sister" was obsessed

Chris
03-14-2020, 08:01 PM
This Blake guy is a real turd.

DarrinS
03-14-2020, 08:05 PM
I got a nice collection of baseball bats and golf clubs. :lol

Millennial_Messiah
03-14-2020, 08:14 PM
though im sure everybody on ST has a heroic self defense story, the same way everybody here is making 6 figures at a minimum

Me:

Negative to the first, positive to the second. For real. IT contracting/consultancy pays a ton when you have plenty of W2's to go around.

My most heroic self defense story was when I sprinted out of a Valero in the spring of my freshman year in high school when a guy came at me with a knife calling me a faggot because he thought I was looking at his ugly pregnant girlfriend.

Or maybe the time I ran away to avoid conflict with a few bar bouncers when they were coming after me for calling Aaron Rodgers a faggot

Or, maybe the time I ran out of sight and saved myself a possible PD/CI ticket when the cops were called to a club because I was shouting death threats at the TV during an ugly Cowboys loss.

Or heck, maybe the time just a few months ago when I floored it 55 on a 20 past the St Louis Arch to get out of the projects with all the hooded darkies, graffiti, and drugs. And still get my selfie with the Arch in.

Millennial_Messiah
03-14-2020, 08:20 PM
I got a nice collection of baseball bats and golf clubs. :lol

:tu

Having a gun is overrated. You could be a perfectly legal gun owner in a red state and take it (and the license papers) with you on a long road trip and end up serving 3 years hard time in a blue state because some pig-in-blue pulled you over for instantaneously doing 76 on a 65 down a steep hill, and found the gun in your car (and traveling with a gun of any kind is banned in their shitty overtaxed state).

ElNono
03-14-2020, 09:09 PM

lol, that's like 5 blocks away

hater
03-15-2020, 08:22 AM
Mount up!

bendover Ill show you mounted up

Spurs Homer
03-15-2020, 09:30 AM
Your food
And let them
Rape
Your 18 year Old
Virgin daughter

lololol

republi-cunts

believe their 18 year old daughters are virgins!

DeadlyDynasty
03-22-2020, 06:42 PM
You're back in Afghanistan, tbh?
Nah, still in Ukraine, but they're shutting everything down in the Oblast I'm in and everything will soon be at a shortage (most shit already is). Mandatory masks in public or you get arrested, people starting to loot and small-scale rioting. Just wait till these Chinese tests come in and confirm what we all already know, the region is crawling with COVIDs. Most of the people in this region work abroad in Italy(mostly around Bergamo), Romania, and other parts of Europe for months at a time and Zelenskiy just basically let them all back in during a 3 day grace period where all they had to do is take a bunch of paracetamol to lower their fevers and lie on questionnaires as they passed the border. One of the districts in this region (Khotyn district) will become ground zero within 2-3 weeks.

All gun talk aside, scary situation...nowhere to evac too, really. I'm fully stocked medically so I can weather 2 weeks of hell, but I feel for some of these poor bastards.

ElNono
03-22-2020, 06:57 PM
Nah, still in Ukraine, but they're shutting everything down in the Oblast I'm in and everything will soon be at a shortage (most shit already is). Mandatory masks in public or you get arrested, people starting to loot and small-scale rioting. Just wait till these Chinese tests come in and confirm what we all already know, the region is crawling with COVIDs. Most of the people in this region work abroad in Italy(mostly around Bergamo), Romania, and other parts of Europe for months at a time and Zelenskiy just basically let them all back in during a 3 day grace period where all they had to do is take a bunch of paracetamol to lower their fevers and lie on questionnaires as they passed the border. One of the districts in this region (Khotyn district) will become ground zero within 2-3 weeks.

All gun talk aside, scary situation...nowhere to evac too, really. I'm fully stocked medically so I can weather 2 weeks of hell, but I feel for some of these poor bastards.

Stay safe, bro. One of the worst parts in the world to be in these days, tbh. Germany is starting to tick up the cases, almost approaching Spain, we'll see how long their hospital system holds up.

New York and New Jersey are shitshows right now, glad I moved to LA about a year ago (although it's not that much more awesome here), but still manageable. Still, this shit is going to get worse before it gets better.

FkLA
03-22-2020, 08:29 PM
I got my first gun a couple days ago. Probably overreacting but a few hundred is a small price to pay for a little extra protection in case shit gets real, tbh.

chunticakes
03-22-2020, 08:45 PM
I got my first gun a couple days ago. Probably overreacting but a few hundred is a small price to pay for a little extra protection in case shit gets real, tbh.

What you get?

FkLA
03-22-2020, 09:10 PM
What you get?

m&p shield 2.0 tbh

Mark Celibate
03-22-2020, 09:20 PM

not overreacting tbh. i've been through post-hurricane crap where people start looting left and right and that's really all there is to protect you if it gets to that point

Xevious
03-22-2020, 09:34 PM
m&p shield 2.0 tbh

slick'81
03-22-2020, 09:35 PM
Gotta shoot that corona away

Xevious
03-22-2020, 09:55 PM
There's a lot more to prepping than stockpiling firearms/ammo. It's having a way to survive should an unlikely cataclysmic event knock out your power and/or water for an extended period of time. Instead, now we have manmade shortages on things like TP because everybody is in a panic.

chunticakes
03-23-2020, 12:28 AM
m&p shield 2.0 tbh

Good gun, I own one, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2020, 12:33 AM
There's a lot more to prepping than stockpiling firearms/ammo. It's having a way to survive should an unlikely cataclysmic event knock out your power and/or water for an extended period of time. Instead, now we have manmade shortages on things like TP because everybody is in a panic.
get rich and buy a water tower/desalinization plant and a small renewable power plant tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Using my pharmaceutical connect from the East (Indian guy living in NGCA Ukraine) to get Chloroquine...apparently that combined with Azithromycin (macrolide AB) have proven useful in treatment. Frontier medicine folks. Exhilarating and frightening at the same time. Lots of aggressive pneumonia cases coming out of the woodwork too so I'm stocked on IV Levaquin---that shit will kill anything, or at least keep you alive long enough to fight off whatever it is.

Update: No more facemasks or PO Paracetamol on shelves. I have 12 100ml vials of 1g paracetamol which work wonders on high fevers, but treatement other than the aforementioned combo is purely symptomatic at this point. Stocked up on strepsils, NSS, acetlycisteine (sp?), salbutamol inhalers, and levaquin PO. Obviously hoarding the masks, respirators, gloves, and hand sanitizers too.

Another update: 3 MP's from Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada just tested positive for COVID-19. I'm in the shithole folks. You;re in civilization, get your fucking guns and protect your families from your stock

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 03:46 PM
m&p shield 2.0 tbh

hater
03-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Using my pharmaceutical connect from the East (Indian guy living in NGCA Ukraine) to get Chloroquine...apparently that combined with Azithromycin (macrolide AB) have proven useful in treatment. Frontier medicine folks. Exhilarating and frightening at the same time. Lots of aggressive pneumonia cases coming out of the woodwork too so I'm stocked on IV Levaquin---that shit will kill anything, or at least keep you alive long enough to fight off whatever it is.

Update: No more facemasks or PO Paracetamol on shelves. I have 12 100ml vials of 1g paracetamol which work wonders on high fevers, but treatement other than the aforementioned combo is purely symptomatic at this point. Stocked up on strepsils, NSS, acetlycisteine (sp?), salbutamol inhalers, and levaquin PO. Obviously hoarding the masks, respirators, gloves, and hand sanitizers too.

Another update: 3 MP's from Ukraine's Verkhovna Rada just tested positive for COVID-19. I'm in the shithole folks. You;re in civilization, get your fucking guns and protect your families from your stock

:lmao following Dr. Trumps suggestions you gonna OD niga :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 03:52 PM
Stay safe, bro. One of the worst parts in the world to be in these days, tbh. Germany is starting to tick up the cases, almost approaching Spain, we'll see how long their hospital system holds up.

New York and New Jersey are shitshows right now, glad I moved to LA about a year ago (although it's not that much more awesome here), but still manageable. Still, this shit is going to get worse before it gets better.
Italy, parts of Germany, and New York are just scary places to be. Europe as a whole is so connected and densely populated that the virus is everywhere.

Hell, we have one colleague who vacationed in fucking Mauritius and now they are on home quarantine. They won't be bac in the office anytime soon. Most of us work from home anyway. I do Operations, Reporting, and the occasional security patrol out of my own home (with my own vehicle). Shit's crazy, fellas.

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 03:54 PM
:lmao following Dr. Trumps suggestions you gonna OD niga :lmao
1. I don't have it
2. What were his suggestions
3. What are your suggestions

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 03:54 PM

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine (http://Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine) (link broken, use one below)
(https://www.axios.com/chloroquine-coronavirus-death-09c91a91-4fe7-472c-9de9-79b890aa8fff.html)
https://www.axios.com/chloroquine-coronavirus-death-09c91a91-4fe7-472c-9de9-79b890aa8fff.html

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine (http://Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine)

Bad link...never take anti-malarials without the supervision of a doc. I'm surprised it wasn't primaquine that didn't kill him (those G6PD's i.e. blacks can't take it)

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 03:59 PM
Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine (http://Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine)
But i know you tried to make a funny, medicine isn't your thing, and your wife's med school limited knowledge of malarial drugs is probably just as laughable since the disease is not endemic to any place she lives. She has the same Sanford Guide and Pharmacopeia as every other swinging dick when it comes to these cases. Nothing trumps experience.

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Bad link...never take anti-malarials without the supervision of a doc. I'm surprised it wasn't primaquine that didn't kill him (those G6PD's i.e. blacks can't take it)

But i know you tried to make a funny, medicine isn't your thing, and your wife's med school limited knowledge of malarial drugs is probably just as laughable since the disease s not endemic to any place she lives
not really, just cautioning against self treating which seemed like what you were talking about.

wife wasnt part of the convo, something i had seen all by myself

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2020, 04:05 PM

not really, just cautioning against self treating which seemed like what you were talking about.

wife wasnt part of the convo, something i had seen all by myself
well, duh...self-medicating without supervision from a physician or some kind of practitioner is obviously stupid. What a Eureka moment.

The problem is there are several drugs in Ukraine that are unattainable yet others (like any AB's) are OTC

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 04:55 PM
well, duh...self-medicating without supervision from a physician or some kind of practitioner is obviously stupid. What a Eureka moment.

The problem is there are several drugs in Ukraine that are unattainable yet others (like any AB's) are OTC
glad we're on the same page

hater
03-23-2020, 05:02 PM
1. I don't have it
2. What were his suggestions
3. What are your suggestions

he said those drugs are good vs covid

Id suggest not listed to Snake Oil Orange salesmen and listen to real doctors. many were interviewed today and all said its just anecdotal evidence evidence and theres no scientific evidence vidence to support DR Orangegutan’s diagnosis :lol

hater
03-23-2020, 09:27 PM
Trump bodycount tbqh

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1242274696722370565?s=21

rascal
03-23-2020, 09:41 PM
Your food
And let them
Rape
Your 18 year Old
Virgin daughter

Stop with your delusions.

CosmicCowboy
03-24-2020, 08:35 AM
Damn. Drove by Nagels yesterday and there were 50 people in line outside waiting to get in....and you have to be fucking desperate to buy a gun at Nagels...they are the most expensive in town.

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 11:03 AM
:lol toilet paper for conservatives

CosmicCowboy
03-24-2020, 11:48 AM
:lol toilet paper for conservatives

Actually, they didn't look that conservative. A few looked like bangers stocking up.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 11:52 AM
If we got to a full blown guns and butter scenario I don’t think the handgun I own is going to do me much good. I’d hopefully be long gone by then.

Thread
03-24-2020, 12:54 PM
If we got to a full blown guns and butter scenario I don’t think the handgun I own is going to do me much good. I’d hopefully be long gone by then.

I love it, Will!!!

CosmicCowboy
03-24-2020, 12:58 PM

Yeah...I would have to get into the safe if it came to that.

DeadlyDynasty
03-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Just a friendly reminder to stock up, boys.

hater
03-28-2020, 04:16 PM
I dont do guns

I have lots of knives and machetes tho

I have a 2nd floor and if anyone breaks in will get a nice surprise of boiling oil coming up

Spurminator
03-28-2020, 04:38 PM
I have a 2nd floor and if anyone breaks in will get a nice surprise of boiling oil coming up

Seems expensive and dangerous to keep a supply of oil boiling at all times.

ElNono
03-28-2020, 04:50 PM

probably cheaper than a moat and alligators... in the 2nd floor

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2020, 04:51 PM
I dont do guns

I have lots of knives and machetes tho

Do you have a trebuchet in the hallway as a backup?

hater
03-28-2020, 04:52 PM

Expensive? oil is cheap and heats up in minutes

have it ready to go and can deploy in 5 mins

hater
03-28-2020, 04:52 PM

crossbow

Spurminator
03-28-2020, 04:59 PM
Expensive? oil is cheap and heats up in minutes

have it ready to go and can deploy in 5 mins

You must have slow criminals in your parts

hater
03-28-2020, 05:01 PM
You must have slow criminals in your parts

they gona have to deal with my 3 german shepherds in the 1st floor first :lol

Spurminator
03-28-2020, 05:02 PM
they gona have to deal with my 3 german shepherds in the 1st floor first :lol

Is that before or after they slip on the Hot Wheels?

Will Hunting
03-28-2020, 05:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CycKQWcUQAAdnTr.jpg

hater
03-28-2020, 05:03 PM
Is that before or after they slip on the Hot Wheels?

:lol thats all I got

Im not saying Id survive a major attack byt Im taking nogas w me

Mark Celibate
03-28-2020, 05:14 PM
There's a limit to how much you should reasonably prep though. I have a few hardcore conservative friends that have spent thousands of dollars on guns, ammo, etc to prepare for societal breakdown. And I'm all for the right to bear arms and all that, I've always had firearms of my own, but it's hilarious for them to think that they're 100% prepared for total lawlessness just because they shoot helpless animals twice a year. The only people who will survive that sh!tshow are only the most hardcore gangbangers who deal with it everyday like the chimps in Chicago/Nig Orleans for example. The rest of us would be f*cked, because we spend 40 hours a week sitting at a computer and taking it up the a$$ from our boss. The Alex Jones-types who have an around-the-clock irrational fear of death (i.e. prepping for Obama's ebola helicopters) never cease to amuse me. At some point, we're all gonna die

EDIT: I should also add ex-military

hater
03-28-2020, 05:22 PM
There's a limit to how much you should reasonably prep though. I have a few hardcore conservative friends that have spent thousands of dollars on guns, ammo, etc to prepare for societal breakdown. And I'm all for the right to bear arms and all that, I've always had firearms of my own, but it's hilarious for them to think that they're 100% prepared for total lawlessness just because they shoot helpless animals twice a year. The only people who will survive that sh!tshow are only the most hardcore gangbangers who deal with it everyday like the chimps in Chicago/Nig Orleans for example. The rest of us would be f*cked, because we spend 40 hours a week sitting at a computer and taking it up the a$$ from our boss. The Alex Jones-types who have an around-the-clock irrational fear of death (i.e. prepping for Obama's ebola helicopters) never cease to amuse me. At some point, we're all gonna die

EDIT: I should also add ex-military

agree

stupid gun toters dont understand rough niggas would easily organize and raid neighborhoods by the hundreds. you cant stop a hundred armed criminals nothing can (is society breaks down)

many will die until they can organize within neighborhoods and create barricades around neighborhoods and do 24/7 patrols

so best bet would be to be ready to GTFO of the suburbs/cities and run for the hills

slick'81
03-28-2020, 05:23 PM
agree

stupid gun toters dont understand rough niggas would easily organize and raid neighborhoods by the hundreds. you cant stop a hundred armed criminals nothing can (is society breaks down)

many will die until they can organize within neighborhoods and create barricades around neighborhoods and do 24/7 patrols

yup! The time to rally is now

hater
03-28-2020, 05:27 PM
yup! The time to rally is now

:lol if I start rallying my neighbors for apocalypse they will fucking flip the fuck up :lol

slick'81
03-28-2020, 05:29 PM
:lol if I start rallying my neighbors for apocalypse they will fucking flip the fuck up :lol

you got this hater

Mark Celibate
03-28-2020, 05:33 PM
agree

so best bet would be to be ready to GTFO of the suburbs/cities and run for the hills

i'm not left or right, don't really care about politics. Probably more conservative than liberal, but I think it's hilarious how some of the right try to put on this "manly man" persona like they've got it all under control when most of them are out of shape with dad bods who work white collar jobs and never face any real danger day to day. But because they go hunting and fishing every now and then that means they can fend off the desperate dregs of society who have nothing to lose. rofl. Again, I just see a pussified fear of death which is no different than the pussified liberals who are demanding we apologize to China for calling it the "Wuhan Flu" while clutching their rolls of toilet paper in the closet.

hater
03-28-2020, 05:36 PM
i'm not left or right, don't really care about politics. Probably more conservative than liberal, but I think it's hilarious how some of the right try to put on this "manly man" persona like they've got it all under control when most of them are out of shape with dad bods who work white collar jobs and never face any real danger day to day. But because they go hunting and fishing every now and then that means they can fend off the desperate dregs of society who have nothing to lose. rofl. Again, I just see a pussified fear of death which is no different than the pussified liberals who are demanding we apologize to China for calling it the "Wuhan Flu" while clutching their rolls of toilet paper in the closet.

yup even in movies the first to die are the 300+ pound fat fucks :lol

most of the Maga retards are 300+ pounds

most would probably die of a heart attack trying to get to their guns :lol

DMC
03-28-2020, 06:02 PM
agree

I'd shoot you first. You'd never know the outcome after that. Did you call that?

spurraider21
03-28-2020, 06:41 PM
:lmao

hater
03-28-2020, 06:50 PM
I'd shoot you first. You'd never know the outcome after that. Did you call that?

Im very scared :lmao

you probably dont know the trigger from your dick :lmao

spurraider21
03-28-2020, 06:56 PM

DMC
03-28-2020, 07:36 PM
:lol quoting yourself because no one bit

Splits
03-28-2020, 10:57 PM
agree

Don't forget your oil, Macaulay

DMC
03-28-2020, 11:04 PM
Hater with the TWD synopsis.

hater
03-31-2020, 08:13 PM
what region is that?

I dont think theyll be riots and shit. this is not Walking Dead tbqh

take back my words

you called it OP

society will break down if states do not take care of their ppl

fLhC7Jy4mXA

spurraider21
03-31-2020, 08:29 PM
:lol quoting yourself because no one bit
no, it got multiple responses.

couple of weeks later, and it is still applicable, so re-posted.

sorry

hater
03-31-2020, 08:33 PM
start thinking of barricading hoods nigas.

ElNono
03-31-2020, 08:35 PM
take back my words

you called it OP

society will break down if states do not take care of their ppl

fLhC7Jy4mXA

It's Sicily... if you live there, you probably already needed barricades, tbh

hater
03-31-2020, 08:42 PM
It's Sicily... if you live there, you probably already needed barricades, tbh

then RIP Argentina ma niga

god bless had a good run

ElNono
03-31-2020, 08:48 PM
then RIP Argentina ma niga

god bless had a good run

They've been in full lockdown over there, and neighbors ratting out other neighbors.... just despicable, tbh...

Now, the truly poor people, they put them in a stadium and have the military feeding them.

hater
03-31-2020, 08:54 PM
They've been in full lockdown over there, and neighbors ratting out other neighbors.... just despicable, tbh...

Now, the truly poor people, they put them in a stadium and have the military feeding them.

all ur poor fit in stadiums??

probably not

ElNono
03-31-2020, 08:59 PM
all ur poor fit in stadiums??

probably not

You know we love soccer... but DAF would know more. I only heard about it because they were saying some of the poor actually live better outside than on their 'homes'.

Basically, you need a home to quarantine, some of these folks don't even have that.

hater
03-31-2020, 09:05 PM
You know we love soccer... but DAF would know more. I only heard about it because they were saying some of the poor actually live better outside than on their 'homes'.

Basically, you need a home to quarantine, some of these folks don't even have that.

well I heard about the favelas where even police dont go. they have their own laws. at some point those nigas gonna run out if food or just plain get bored

IMO

ElNono
03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
well I heard about the favelas where even police dont go. they have their own laws. at some point those nigas gonna run out if food or just plain get bored

IMO

lol, when Bolsohitler (good nick, IMO) said everybody go back to work, the favelas said fuck you and self-quarantined, true story :lol

hater
03-31-2020, 09:27 PM
lol, when Bolsohitler (good nick, IMO) said everybody go back to work, the favelas said fuck you and self-quarantined, true story :lol

well I was actually talking about argentine favelas. what do you call them? Villas right?

ElNono
03-31-2020, 11:08 PM
well I was actually talking about argentine favelas. what do you call them? Villas right?

yep... those people literally better on a park...

Xevious
04-01-2020, 12:10 AM
Damn. Drove by Nagels yesterday and there were 50 people in line outside waiting to get in....and you have to be fucking desperate to buy a gun at Nagels...they are the most expensive in town.
Not in my experience. Though anything I've picked up there probably was on sale. I usually do a decent bit of research/price comparison before I buy new guns. And I certainly don't impulse buy any during a fucking pandemic.

Luckily I have enough ammo to last me through the hoarding and price gouging, though I'm probably not going to have many trips to the range.

DeadlyDynasty
04-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Still peaking, get em before your neighbor does

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 04:57 PM

rascal
04-06-2020, 05:21 PM
Buying a gun is a waste of money. You clowns are less safe with a gun. You are more likely to be shot with your own gun than being shot with another gun.

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 05:35 PM
Buying a gun is a waste of money. You clowns are less safe with a gun. You are more likely to be shot with your own gun than being shot with another gun.
it's mostly fantasy. they buy a gun convinced that they're going to get into a shootout one day and be glad they had a gun.

for some it gets to the point where they actively want that situation to arise just so they can justify their obsession

hater
04-06-2020, 06:59 PM
OP really nailed it with the 2nd crisis.

This is like The Foundation and nigas be Hari Seldon. you really need to know that sometimes crisis comes in pairs. and the 2nd one might be even more brutal than the first

CosmicCowboy
04-06-2020, 06:59 PM
it's mostly fantasy. they buy a gun convinced that they're going to get into a shootout one day and be glad they had a gun.

for some it gets to the point where they actively want that situation to arise just so they can justify their obsession

I own a lot of guns because I've been doing outdoor shit for a long time and could afford access. Different guns are for different purposes. I loved the shit out of AR-15s when I could build them for $350 using
US government sold surplus parts and ammo for them was dirt cheap. They were fun to shoot...it was like plinking with 22s only with 300+ yard range. I sold them all for 4 figures after the first "ban" and now ammo is stupid expensive. I wouldn't own an AR again.

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 07:01 PM
I own a lot of guns because I've been doing outdoor shit for a long time and could afford access. Different guns are for different purposes. I loved the shit out of AR-15s when I could build them for $350 using
US government sold surplus parts and ammo for them was dirt cheap. I they were fun to shoot...it was like plinking with 22s only with 300+ yard range. I sold them all for 4 figures after the first "ban" and now ammo is stupid expensive. I wouldn't own an AR again.
i meant to exclude people who buy guns for entertainment/shooting ranges, which is different.

CosmicCowboy
04-06-2020, 07:03 PM

CosmicCowboy
04-06-2020, 07:06 PM
My most recent purchase was a Beretta A400 xcel for sporting clays. I have absolutely no fantasies about getting into a shootout with bad guys with it

Xevious
04-06-2020, 08:30 PM
i meant to exclude people who buy guns for entertainment/shooting ranges, which is different.
I enjoy shooting as a hobby. I've always owned multiple guns. Will continue to do so as long as I can.

As for the fantasy bullshit, there are certainly people out there like that. But that isn't the norm, they're the vocal minority. Most responsible gun owners hope that they'd never have to use them. Even with a straight forward home invasion/self defense shooting, you're looking at many thousands in legal fees. Plus you can't account for the psychological effects of taking another person's life, deservedly so or not. Carrying a firearm actually humbles you, forces you to avoid certain situations, be less confrontational.

Mark Celibate
04-06-2020, 09:30 PM

yep, that's been my experience too here in Texas. You have the ex-military folk or people who just use it as a natural hobby that have naturally stockpiled firearms over the years. But then you have the fake tough guys who buy their first AR-15, shoot it one time at a firearm store with the help of an employee, and then think they're Billy Bada$$ once they leave. I've met too many of those people, thinking they can take on the world now. And then they never go out and practice afterwards. rofl. In a real life or death situation, I would bet 80% of these clowns wouldn't even know how to put the firearm together and actually fire a single round if they'd gone months without any practice

DMC
04-06-2020, 09:54 PM
I enjoy shooting as a hobby. I've always owned multiple guns. Will continue to do so as long as I can.

As for the fantasy bullshit, there are certainly people out there like that. But that isn't the norm, they're the vocal minority. Most responsible gun owners hope that they'd never have to use them. Even with a straight forward home invasion/self defense shooting, you're looking at many thousands in legal fees. Plus you can't account for the psychological effects of taking another person's life, deservedly so or not. Carrying a firearm actually humbles you, forces you to avoid certain situations, be less confrontational.

You're wasting your time explaining anything to him about guns. He's made up his mind and has zero information to support it, just echo chamber talking points. I suppose crumb snatching remarks act as filler for educated opinion.

DMC
04-06-2020, 09:56 PM

Pure speculation bullshit. How would you know?

DMC
04-06-2020, 09:59 PM

You're free to be unarmed. Knock yourself out. Advertise it too please.

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 10:16 PM
for starters, read the OP

if you need more, just look at how defensive you've been over this topic

ChumpDumper
04-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Poor DMC feels misunderstood.

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:19 PM
for starters, read the OP

I have plenty already, and enough ammo that they'd call it a cache if they raided me. Doesn't really matter unless I want to storm someone's house and take their shit.

Obviously I did. I also saw your first response about shooting the virus. I suppose people stock up on food and TP because they are going to eat the virus or wipe it's ass.

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 10:19 PM
and dont try asking him questions about it, because :cry he :cry will :cry not :cry be :cry pawed :cry at :cry

ChumpDumper
04-06-2020, 10:20 PM
and dont try asking him questions about it, because :cry he :cry will :cry not :cry be :cry pawed :cry at :cry:cry n:cryne :cryf y:cryur business :cry

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:20 PM

That's one thing you'll never have to worry about. Everyone here knows you're a schizophrenic hermit.

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:21 PM
and dont try asking him questions about it, because :cry he :cry will :cry not :cry be :cry pawed :cry at :cry

I know the difference between genuine conversation and trolling.

ChumpDumper
That's one thing you'll never have to worry about. Everyone here knows you're a schizophrenic hermit.Aw, DMC's gettin' upset.

ChumpDumper
I know the difference between genuine conversation and trolling.Are you trolling?

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 10:22 PM
Obviously I did. I also saw your first response about shooting the virus. I suppose people stock up on food and TP because they are going to eat the virus or wipe it's ass.
which post was that? quote it

ChumpDumper
04-06-2020, 10:24 PM
which post was that? quote itfold incoming

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:25 PM
which post was that? quote it

Paraphrasing is good enough for you any other time.

DMC
fold incoming

Ah you must have just sat down.

spurraider21
Paraphrasing is good enough for you any other time.
fair enough. which post are you reasonably paraphrasing?

you identified a specific "first response" so i'd love to see what you're talking about

unless, you know, this is just trolling and not genuine conversation

ChumpDumper
Paraphrasing is good enough for you any other time.DMC folds

ChumpDumper
04-06-2020, 10:26 PM
fair enough. which post are you reasonably paraphrasing?subject change incoming

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:34 PM

fair enough. which post are you reasonably paraphrasing?

you identified a specific "first response" so i'd love to see what you're talking about

unless, you know, this is just trolling and not genuine conversation

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:35 PM
subject change incoming

You're so desperate for attention you're +1ing everyone who quotes me.

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 10:36 PM
:lmao yeah that was me saying shoot the virus :lmao

"genuine conversation"

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:39 PM
:lmao yeah that was me saying shoot the virus :lmao

Sure.

No practical need for a gun during possible civil unrest. It's the virus that's the problem. What are you going to do, shoot it?

:lol Hoping for a practical use of 15000 masks and 40000 boxes of gloves, and not to mention 1500 ventilators! Paranoid much?

So throw all the emojis you want, it doesn't erase your casual dismissal of human nature. Hopefully you don't have to realize that the hard way.

So you're still editing.. You're constantly looking for an angle to be "right". But you're not.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2020, 10:45 PM
Sure.

No practical need for a gun during possible civil unrest. It's the virus that's the problem. What are you going to do, shoot it?

:lol Hoping for a practical use of 15000 masks and 40000 boxes of gloves, and not to mention 1500 ventilators! Paranoid much?

So throw all the emojis you want, it doesn't erase your casual dismissal of human nature. Hopefully you don't have to realize that the hard way.

So you're still editing.. You're constantly looking for an angle to be "right". But you're not.subject change confirmed

:lol DMC

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 10:46 PM
"genuine conversation"

DMC
04-06-2020, 10:49 PM
"genuine conversation"

Who said you offer that?

spurraider21
04-06-2020, 10:58 PM
Who said you offer that?
You got caught with your pants down, now trying to just make this personal :tu

ChumpDumper
04-06-2020, 10:59 PM
:lol He only has one tactic when he feels cornered.

Spurminator
04-06-2020, 11:19 PM
Sure.

So you're still editing.. You're constantly looking for an angle to be "right". But you're not.

Not even the OP is taking his thread as seriously as you are.

hater
04-07-2020, 07:42 AM
DMC folds

DMC
04-07-2020, 01:01 PM

That's a cool narrative I suppose. I don't know why you would want me with my pants down, what are you so concerned about inside of my pants?

You made folly out of people owning guns. This is nothing new for you but you don't seem to be able to handle anything that comes back your direction. You get all swole up like a possum and act like butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.

DMC
04-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Not even the OP is taking his thread as seriously as you are.

I don't remember asking you for your opinion though. Why is it a crime around here to take anything seriously? Is that the universal "I win" card by insisting the other person cares?

It seems to not dawn on some of you that the reason some others would want to have guns is because they don't trust you. It has nothing to do with the virus, is it has everything to do with how stupid people are and the things they are willing to do in moments of panic - which large groups of ignorant people are prone to do.

DMC
04-07-2020, 01:07 PM

It's like clockwork, I can take a shit on one of you and you follow me around for hours trying to get back. Moar New York death videos from Ecuador, plz... .

rascal
04-07-2020, 05:23 PM

I have been unarmed my whole life. Stats show you are more likely to be shot with your own gun.

Guns can kill you in three ways: homicide, suicide, and by accident. Owning a gun or having one readily accessible makes all three more likely.

rascal
04-07-2020, 05:34 PM
Statistics show you are more likely to be shot by a gun if you own a gun.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2020, 05:36 PM
Statistics show you are more likely to be shot by a gun if you own a gun.

That's a ridiculous statistic skewed by suicides.

slick'81
04-07-2020, 05:38 PM
I own a few,but unless someone wants my xbox,tp or water,i should be ok

hater
04-07-2020, 05:41 PM
It's like clockwork, I can take a shit on one of you and you follow me around for hours trying to get back. Moar New York death videos from Ecuador, plz... .

:lol “we should bomb Wuhan” :lmao :lmao

5th grade fat kid on the keyboard

hater
04-07-2020, 05:41 PM
That's a ridiculous statistic skewed by suicides.

but its not incorrect

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2020, 07:17 PM
but its not incorrect

Statistics prove that people that die in car accidents overwhelmingly owned or drove cars.

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Statistics prove that hospitals kill people.

hater
04-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Statistics prove that people that die in car accidents overwhelmingly owned or drove cars.

dont agree w this one. what if ppl heavily use taxis, uber, public transport

or what if they lease their vehicles?

hater
04-07-2020, 07:46 PM
Statistics prove that hospitals kill people.

which statistic is that?

rascal
04-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Cosmic Cowboy: There is a strong relationship between firearm access and suicide.

You are more likely to kill yourself than I am.

DMC
04-07-2020, 10:16 PM
I have been unarmed my whole life. Stats show you are more likely to be shot with your own gun.

Guns can kill you in three ways: homicide, suicide, and by accident. Owning a gun or having one readily accessible makes all three more likely.

If I'm shot with my own gun, I deserved it. That's better than being shot with yours.

ElNono
04-07-2020, 10:19 PM
answering to the thread title, there's no god coming to help you, tbh... also don't forget to wear your N95 mask, as the assailant might be infected

DMC
04-07-2020, 10:20 PM
Cosmic Cowboy: There is a strong relationship between firearm access and suicide.

You are more likely to kill yourself than I am.

You're more likely to be killed in a car accident than struck by lightning but I bet you don't stand outside while it's storming - but you will drive during rush hour. That's because it's situational, odds change based on a lot of factors, not just a national average of events normalized and smoothed with Savitzky–Golay. You seem to think everyone has the same odds of being killed by their own gun. So if I had a gun locked in a safe buried in concrete, the odds of me being killed by that are the same as someone who keeps 20 loaded and lying around with chimpanzees running around.

Th'Pusher
04-07-2020, 10:57 PM
You're more likely to be killed in a car accident than struck by lightning but I bet you don't stand outside while it's storming - but you will drive during rush hour. That's because it's situational, odds change based on a lot of factors, not just a national average of events normalized and smoothed with Savitzky–Golay. You seem to think everyone has the same odds of being killed by their own gun. So if I had a gun locked in a safe buried in concrete, the odds of me being killed by that are the same as someone who keeps 20 loaded and lying around with chimpanzees running around.

The mental gymnastics you exercise to justify owning your never to be used steel dick makes me lol tbh.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2020, 11:01 PM
You're more likely to be killed in a car accident than struck by lightning but I bet you don't stand outside while it's storming - but you will drive during rush hour. That's because it's situational, odds change based on a lot of factors, not just a national average of events normalized and smoothed with Savitzky–Golay. You seem to think everyone has the same odds of being killed by their own gun. So if I had a gun locked in a safe buried in concrete, the odds of me being killed by that are the same as someone who keeps 20 loaded and lying around with chimpanzees running around.feminine rant tbh

DMC
04-08-2020, 08:05 AM
The mental gymnastics you exercise to justify owning your never to be used steel dick makes me lol tbh.

Nice rebuttal there rain man

Mark Celibate
04-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Most of us here aren't that retarded here. Do you also forego driving as well? Cars can kill you too you know

DMC
04-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Most of us here aren't that retarded here. Do you also forego driving as well? Cars can kill you too you know

That's when they throw out the caveat about cars having a purpose. Therefore all you need is a purpose, then a gun makes sense. Of course they think they should be the judge of whether or not you have a purpose for having a gun so I need to be the judge on whether or not they have a purpose for having a car. Unlike them, I have the Second Amendment supporting me.

spurraider21
04-08-2020, 01:50 PM
stop telling him to shoot the virus :cry

spurraider21
04-08-2020, 01:52 PM
cars have utility in our daily lives. i know when i buy a car im going to get meaningful use out of it.

hater
04-08-2020, 01:54 PM
a helpful tidbit for you mannigas:

Logisitics reports indicate that many meat processing plants, including Tyson and others, are slowing production or halting production altogether because of illness or risk of illness to staff. This could impact grocery store supply. American milk producers are also suffering and some, like Berkeley Farms, have been shuttered. Unrelenting news about food production impacts and supply chain problems has me worried that grocery shelves will continue to be sparse into the foreseeable future.
Hospitals are running out of toilet paper and other important supplies. Administrators cite lack of government coordination and communication, equipment bidding wars, price gouging, and supply chain shortages as principle problems. States are having problems getting supplies though FEMA

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 01:54 PM
stop telling him to shoot the virus :cry:lol

hater
04-08-2020, 01:55 PM
http://createsend.com/t/d-DE5C3DCCCC8773212540EF23F30FEDED?mod=article_inlin e&mod=business_minor_pos21

Commodities
Breakfast is getting a lot more expensive. Wholesale egg prices have more than tripled thanks to a coronavirus-driven consumer buying binge, the WSJ’s Jacob Bunge reports, piling up costs for grocers as they struggle to keep the staple in stock and affordable. The increase from 94 cents a dozen to $3.01 in barely a month is part of the rapid changes that have come as consumer stockpiling and restaurant closures have upended food supply chains.

you can forget about eggs or meat pretty soon

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Chicken prices have gone to shit. Hell, Tyson and the other big boys are killing chickens rather than feed them.

SpursforSix
04-08-2020, 02:14 PM
a helpful tidbit for you mannigas:

Logisitics reports indicate that many meat processing plants, including Tyson and others, are slowing production or halting production altogether because of illness or risk of illness to staff. This could impact grocery store supply. American milk producers are also suffering and some, like Berkeley Farms, have been shuttered. Unrelenting news about food production impacts and supply chain problems has me worried that grocery shelves will continue to be sparse into the foreseeable future.
Hospitals are running out of toilet paper and other important supplies. Administrators cite lack of government coordination and communication, equipment bidding wars, price gouging, and supply chain shortages as principle problems. States are having problems getting supplies though FEMA

I can attest to the stores here being low on meat. First it was the higher quality stuff, then the store brands better cuts, then anything not processed. Now, unless you happen to get there right when they unload the truck, it's just hot dogs, sausage, and weird ass shit like pig snouts and the giant slabs of gross looking meat.

Splits
04-08-2020, 02:29 PM
http://createsend.com/t/d-DE5C3DCCCC8773212540EF23F30FEDED?mod=article_inlin e&mod=business_minor_pos21

Commodities
Breakfast is getting a lot more expensive. Wholesale egg prices have more than tripled thanks to a coronavirus-driven consumer buying binge, the WSJ’s Jacob Bunge reports, piling up costs for grocers as they struggle to keep the staple in stock and affordable. The increase from 94 cents a dozen to $3.01 in barely a month is part of the rapid changes that have come as consumer stockpiling and restaurant closures have upended food supply chains.

you can forget about eggs or meat pretty soon

lol $0.94/dozen. Before the crisis, here in Switzerland I paid $6/dozen. Don't even get me started on meat, not just beef, but any meat. It's triple the price. Luckily I live on the German border where meat prices are much closer to US prices, but of course can't cross for the past 4 weeks.

Xevious
04-08-2020, 02:44 PM
cars have utility in our daily lives. i know when i buy a car im going to get meaningful use out of it.
I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. It would be a pretty boring existence to base all of your financial decisions based on what has "meaningful use".

Besides... people have any number of reasons for purchasing firearms. Who's job is it to tell them it isn't meaningful to them?

Spurminator
04-08-2020, 02:51 PM
Besides... people have any number of reasons for purchasing firearms. Who's job is it to tell them it isn't meaningful to them?

The same entity whose job it is to regulate what kinds of firearms you can buy. I'm sure I can find a way to use an automatic. But it has been decided that I shouldn't be able to purchase one. That line will probably move in the near future.

spurraider21
04-08-2020, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. It would be a pretty boring existence to base all of your financial decisions based on what has "meaningful use".

when someone brings up the possibility of dying in a car crash, the fact that your car is useful to you on a daily basis is a logical counterpoint. if cars had no utility and were still death machines, would be a pretty good argument not to get them

i've mentioned in more than on post now that my argument doesnt apply to people who buy guns for entertainment purposes (because i would consider that meaningful use/utility)... but rather for people who believe they're going to be a real live john mcclain one day

TSA
04-08-2020, 03:18 PM

Killing your own food is a meaningful use. I still have hog in my freezer from my last hunt.

spurraider21
04-08-2020, 03:21 PM
Killing your own food is a meaningful use. I still have hog in my freezer from my last hunt.

TSA
04-08-2020, 03:21 PM
when someone brings up the possibility of dying in a car crash, the fact that your car is useful to you on a daily basis is a logical counterpoint. if cars had no utility and were still death machines, would be a pretty good argument not to get them

i've mentioned in more than on post now that my argument doesnt apply to people who buy guns for entertainment purposes (because i would consider that meaningful use/utility)... but rather for people who believe they're going to be a real live john mcclain one day

disregard my last post....just read your comment.

Mark Celibate
04-08-2020, 04:02 PM
That's when they throw out the caveat about cars having a purpose. Therefore all you need is a purpose, then a gun makes sense. Of course they think they should be the judge of whether or not you have a purpose for having a gun so I need to be the judge on whether or not they have a purpose for having a car. Unlike them, I have the Second Amendment supporting me.

Yep, I've heard the rascal point of view before. It's not even whether or not the gun owner has a purpose. The point that's always brought up is the negative actions of firearms like suicide and mass killings. And I say those two because I don't think rascal is dumb enough to believe that a good chunk of people accidentally kill themselves with their own handgun. To the very very very small minority who that dubious distinction belongs to, they would have been "Darwin awarded" by something else anyway. The thinking behind that argument is that guns are the reason behind the suicides or mass killings. IMO, the reason someone commits suicide has been determined way before the trigger is pulled; just so happens that the gun is there and is efficient. But if it wasn't there, they would just jump off a cliff or whatever else they could think of. Same with the mass shootings. When someone is hellbent on destruction, they'll find a way and usually they order the firearms, ammunition, etc AFTER they've pre-determined their plan. After the fact, people are always going to go "hurrr durrr gun owners, CIS white males, Trump=Hitler, I'm a f@ggot, etc" when in reality these guys were going to carry it out no matter what. See the Nice, France incident. There's no doubt guns are more efficient, but the whole gun debate and deciding what should be sold on the market is a different argument. But rascal's notion of ":cry I'm scared because the chance of me shooting myself or someone else is too high :cry so I want to ruin it for everyone else :cry" is stale and old, imo

Mark Celibate
04-08-2020, 04:03 PM

i agree

spurraider21
04-08-2020, 04:18 PM
yeah, to be clear, i never said people dont have the right to have these guns, so i dont know why the "there's no second amendment right far cars" shtick has come up

Xevious
04-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Fair enough. :tu

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 04:21 PM
yeah, to be clear, i never said people dont have the right to have these guns, so i dont know why the "there's no second amendment right far cars" shtick has come upIt's DMC's generic reply when he hasn't actually read anything you posted.

Xevious
04-08-2020, 04:39 PM
The same entity whose job it is to regulate what kinds of firearms you can buy. I'm sure I can find a way to use an automatic. But it has been decided that I shouldn't be able to purchase one. That line will probably move in the near future.
There are also a number of cars that aren't street legal. That isn't what I was talking about. I was talking about average people buying readily available firearms, not get into a legalistic argument about the 2A.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
These rice burners with fart mufflers are the car equivalent of AR-15s.

rascal
04-08-2020, 08:34 PM

Your logic is dumb. No reason for me to be standing outside during a storm. Lots of reasons to have to be driving during rush hour, like going back and forth from work.

hater
04-08-2020, 08:37 PM
yeah if my AR15 could drive me to work everyday back and forth, Id own 2 :lmao

the silly arguments gun toddlers make :lmao

rascal
04-08-2020, 08:43 PM

No it isn't. It is to justify the blood thirsty thrill of the hunt to kill something.

ElNono
04-08-2020, 09:48 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYGb1LuZ3n7dRnO/giphy.gif

Th'Pusher
04-08-2020, 10:05 PM
yeah, to be clear, i never said people dont have the right to have these guns, so i dont know why the "there's no second amendment right far cars" shtick has come up

Sure you do. The leader of the cold dead hands crew showed up to the party.

Mark Celibate
04-08-2020, 10:09 PM
I don't remember asking you for your opinion though. Why is it a crime around here to take anything seriously? Is that the universal "I win" card by insisting the other person cares?

It seems to not dawn on some of you that the reason some others would want to have guns is because they don't trust you. It has nothing to do with the virus, is it has everything to do with how stupid people are and the things they are willing to do in moments of panic - which large groups of ignorant people are prone to do.

these same "intellectuals" will always talk about how dumb the other side is (I assume Spurminator is liberal). :madrun Those big stupidhead Trump, orangeman guise :madrun

But whenever you form a coherent argument against them, they'll bow out and play the "lol trolled!!!1" card. they're used to dealing with TheGreatYacht types tbh

DMC
04-08-2020, 10:46 PM
Your logic is dumb. No reason for me to be standing outside during a storm. Lots of reasons to have to be driving during rush hour, like going back and forth from work.

Considering suicide in your stats is intellectually dishonest - especially when you use those stats to show how owning a gun is detrimental. If I shoot myself intentionally, I accomplished my immediate goal. I could have used pills or a host of other methods like putting a belt on a door knob and going out like Robin Williams.

If I accidentally shoot myself, I am doing the world a favor by either getting rid of an idiot who was reckless with a gun or at least avoiding shooting someone else accidentally.

If someone else accidentally shoots me with my own gun, somewhere along the way I was careless enough to allow them to handle it without showing clear.

If someone else intentionally shoots me with my own gun, I would probably be a cop. I'm sure you think it's ok for cops to have guns.

Either way, the purpose of my gun is, to me, as important as the purpose of your car, to you. The difference is I have a 2A right to own mine. So to the supreme court and the constitution, it's even more important than you car.

DMC
04-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Yep, I've heard the rascal point of view before. It's not even whether or not the gun owner has a purpose. The point that's always brought up is the negative actions of firearms like suicide and mass killings. And I say those two because I don't think rascal is dumb enough to believe that a good chunk of people accidentally kill themselves with their own handgun. To the very very very small minority who that dubious distinction belongs to, they would have been "Darwin awarded" by something else anyway. The thinking behind that argument is that guns are the reason behind the suicides or mass killings. IMO, the reason someone commits suicide has been determined way before the trigger is pulled; just so happens that the gun is there and is efficient. But if it wasn't there, they would just jump off a cliff or whatever else they could think of. Same with the mass shootings. When someone is hellbent on destruction, they'll find a way and usually they order the firearms, ammunition, etc AFTER they've pre-determined their plan. After the fact, people are always going to go "hurrr durrr gun owners, CIS white males, Trump=Hitler, I'm a f@ggot, etc" when in reality these guys were going to carry it out no matter what. See the Nice, France incident. There's no doubt guns are more efficient, but the whole gun debate and deciding what should be sold on the market is a different argument. But rascal's notion of ":cry I'm scared because the chance of me shooting myself or someone else is too high :cry so I want to ruin it for everyone else :cry" is stale and old, imo

If I had no control over my own actions, if I was just a bot in the scheme and the odds played out like a roulette wheel, then Rascal would have a point. However, I have control over the mitigating circumstances surrounding accidental discharge, suicide and the like. So that control is the buffer that creates the completely different reality than what Rascal is preaching. Basically, we aren't 340 million average Americans. We are 340 million unique Americans who you can find a few metrics for, average them and then using a flawed approach, apply the average to the individual.

Imagine a room half full of tall people and half full of kids. The average size for shoes would be somewhere in the middle, so to tell an individual in the room that the odds are they wear that averaged size is faulty since it fits no one in that room. In reality, no one in the room could wear the average size.

Th'Pusher
04-08-2020, 11:25 PM
If I had no control over my own actions, if I was just a bot in the scheme and the odds played out like a roulette wheel, then Rascal would have a point. However, I have control over the mitigating circumstances surrounding accidental discharge, suicide and the like. So that control is the buffer that creates the completely different reality than what Rascal is preaching. Basically, we aren't 340 million average Americans. We are 340 million unique Americans who you can find a few metrics for, average them and then using a flawed approach, apply the average to the individual.

Imagine a room half full of tall people and half full of kids. The average size for shoes would be somewhere in the middle, so to tell an individual in the room that the odds are they wear that averaged size is faulty since it fits no one in that room. In reality, no one in the room could wear the average size.

Nobody is arguing that there aren’t responsible gun owners. Nobody is arguing that you can reduce the rate of accidental deaths by being a responsible gun owner.

The argument needs to be around ensuring irresponsible gun owners don’t have access to guns. This is where your interpretation of the 2nd gets in the way of public safety. SCOTUS has already ruled limits on gun ownership are constitutional. The debate now is simply where those limits are set. You clumsily fall back on the “shall not be infringed”, “cold dead hands arguments” while being seemingly incapable of understanding the complexity of the issue.

DMC
04-09-2020, 01:36 AM
Nobody is arguing that there aren’t responsible gun owners. Nobody is arguing that you can reduce the rate of accidental deaths by being a responsible gun owner.

The argument is that I have a fixed probability of being killed by my own gun based on the averaged data. If I can "reduce the rate of accidental deaths..." by my own action, then that's a faulty argument. That's in my control. What someone else decides to do so that I might one day need a gun for self defense, that's not in my control. I've always preached here about doing what's in my control to do. Liberals often rest on "ought" but the world doesn't work on that principle. It's only a talking point. I instead rest on "is". What is is what I prep for, not what ought to be.

The argument needs to be around ensuring irresponsible gun owners don’t have access to guns. This is where your interpretation of the 2nd gets in the way of public safety.It's not my interpretation but the courts'.
SCOTUS has already ruled limits on gun ownership are constitutional. The debate now is simply where those limits are set. You clumsily fall back on the “shall not be infringed”, “cold dead hands arguments” while being seemingly incapable of understanding the complexity of the issue.
You're arguing against a whole other discussion. This one is about whether or not I am more likely to be killed by my own gun than use it for self defense. My argument is that you cannot consider individual examples based on probability generated from an entire nation.

rascal
04-09-2020, 04:53 AM
Everyone is a responsible gun owner until the accident happens.

rascal
04-09-2020, 04:58 AM
States with higher rates of gun ownership have higher suicide rates than states with low gun ownership, whereas non–firearm suicide rates are comparable, indicating that firearm access drives overall suicide rates.