PDA

View Full Version : Best of both worlds

Spurs718
03-14-2020, 09:25 AM
Our playoff streak remains unbroken and we get a lottery pick

Russ
03-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Our playoff streak remains unbroken and we get a lottery pick

Yes, Candide, this is the best of all possible worlds (unless you actually want to watch basketball games).

talkspurs
03-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Yes, Candide, this is the best of all possible worlds (unless you actually want to watch basketball games).

There was only like a month left anyway so you are missing 10-15 games per team plus Playoffs. For the Spurs it was 10-15 games.

ZeusWillJudge
03-14-2020, 11:16 AM

Or get to watch college players in the NCAA Tournament, so you can see which players are ready to get that lottery pick thrown at them.

I still laugh at people who objected to the '99 Championship having an asterisk, but think The Streak is still going to be alive next year. Yeah... the Spurs were just about to go on a tear and take over that 8th spot. Ask any sniffer.

BillMc
03-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Definitely prefer Roth. Van Hagar sucked.

widowmaker
03-14-2020, 12:17 PM
Or get to watch college players in the NCAA Tournament, so you can see which players are ready to get that lottery pick thrown at them.

I still laugh at people who objected to the '99 Championship having an asterisk, but think The Streak is still going to be alive next year. Yeah... the Spurs were just about to go on a tear and take over that 8th spot. Ask any sniffer.

The 99 does not have an asterisk spurs came out competed like everyone else and vanquished them.

ZeusWillJudge
03-14-2020, 01:29 PM
The 99 does not have an asterisk spurs came out competed like everyone else and vanquished them.

And the Spurs came out this season and failed to compete, and missed the playoffs. If the season gets shortened, streak over. You can't have it both ways.

ZeusWillJudge
03-14-2020, 01:31 PM

Random neurons firing, or did I miss a reference? :lol

Either way, that's a true statement.

widowmaker
03-14-2020, 01:45 PM
And the Spurs came out this season and failed to compete, and missed the playoffs. If the season gets shortened, streak over. You can't have it both ways.

Oh no that is true they did not compete at all they did and will miss the playoffs im actually glad they did id rather them regroup get it together rather than get bounced in the first round. I was emphasizing that the 99 championship does not have an asterisk.

ZeusWillJudge
03-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Oh no that is true they did not compete at all they did and will miss the playoffs im actually glad they did id rather them regroup get it together rather than get bounced in the first round. I was emphasizing that the 99 championship does not have an asterisk.

Ah... I totally agree with that.

There are people pimping the idea that the Spurs' win streak isn't "officially" over if the season gets called or shortened. They like asterisks, when they're convenient. The streak is over.

widowmaker
03-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Ah... I totally agree with that.

There are people pimping the idea that the Spurs' win streak isn't "officially" over if the season gets called or shortened. They like asterisks, when they're convenient. The streak is over.

Oh i see you are 100% correct time for the Spurs to regroup and get back in the saddle. Some of these folks will fall off soon which is good it started getting crowded with unrealistic sons of bitches.

slick'81
03-14-2020, 04:39 PM
Yea celebrating this current state just to say the spurs streak is still alive is sorta sad tbh

widowmaker
03-14-2020, 05:18 PM
Yea celebrating this current state just to say the spurs streak is still alive is sorta sad tbh

Desperate people do desperate things brah.

Maddog
03-14-2020, 05:24 PM

Dr. Pangloss to be specific..

BillMc
03-15-2020, 03:03 AM
Random neurons firing, or did I miss a reference? :lol

Either way, that's a true statement.

Best of Both Worlds was a Van Halen greatest hits album that featured both the Roth and Hagar eras. I could not resist playing off that...:D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6d/Van_Halen_-_The_Best_of_Both_Worlds.jpg

ZeusWillJudge
03-15-2020, 07:50 AM
Best of Both Worlds was a Van Halen greatest hits album that featured both the Roth and Hagar eras. I could not resist playing off that...:D

Aw man... you blew that one right past me. I got the Roth/Hagar reference, but that album was pretty forgettable.

BillMc
03-15-2020, 08:04 AM
Aw man... you blew that one right past me. I got the Roth/Hagar reference, but that album was pretty forgettable.

No worries man. :tu I'm only here to ramble on about Eastern Europe, make dated pop culture references and update my sig. What's this basketball thing you all talk incessantly about? Weirdos.

ZeusWillJudge
03-15-2020, 12:41 PM
No worries man. :tu I'm only here to ramble on about Eastern Europe, make dated pop culture references and update my sig. What's this basketball thing you all talk incessantly about? Weirdos.

Speaking of which - how are things where you are? I know there are some places over there that are pretty hard hit by this thing.

You're definitely one of the good guys. Be sure and check in, so we don't have to wonder if they went Soylent Green on you.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-15-2020, 12:45 PM
Unless DeRozan and Forbes are back playing in SA next year...

spurs10
03-15-2020, 01:36 PM
Definitely prefer Roth. Van Hagar sucked. Yeah the difference was one didn't take himself too seriously and was having a fun.

BillMc
03-15-2020, 01:40 PM
Speaking of which - how are things where you are? I know there are some places over there that are pretty hard hit by this thing.

You're definitely one of the good guys. Be sure and check in, so we don't have to wonder if they went Soylent Green on you.

Thanks Bro.:boboThings aren't bad here. Only 3 cases (as of now) in the whole country. Soylent Green days a ways off.

BillMc
03-15-2020, 01:40 PM
Yeah the difference was one didn't take himself too seriously and was having a fun.

I don't feel tardy.

Rummpd
03-15-2020, 02:09 PM
Honestly as a doctor and fan the whole situation sucks

DMC
03-16-2020, 12:50 AM

I feel the same but it's amazing how many songs they had with Sammy and I think Sammy is a genuine dude.

Ignazzz
03-16-2020, 05:01 AM
Thanks Bro.:boboThings aren't bad here. Only 3 cases (as of now) in the whole country. Soylent Green days a ways off.
Poland?

BillMc
03-16-2020, 07:50 AM
I feel the same but it's amazing how many songs they had with Sammy and I think Sammy is a genuine dude.

I actually have liked Sammy every time I've seen him interviewed. And I'm sure Diamond Dave was a royal pain, but he was more entertaining and gave that band personality.

BillMc
03-16-2020, 07:51 AM
Poland?
Ukraine

JPB
03-16-2020, 08:38 AM
Ukraine

You guys have the best camgirls tbh.