PDA

View Full Version : Should Biden pick Michelle for his VP choice?

Millennial_Messiah
03-14-2020, 08:41 PM
I think so. It'd be extremely smart. The big cities in the Northern battleground states are full of black voters that didn't show up to vote for Hillary. The states were lost by the DNC (Hillary) by a combined <100K votes.

Plus, Obama-Biden was a perfect 2-0, undefeated. Why not a Biden-Obama redux? Plus, Biden has already said he wants a woman, and a younger moderate one (Warren isn't in the mix lol) and preferably a minority, so wouldn't this make perfect sense?

Chris
03-14-2020, 08:42 PM
I predict a "diverse" candidate or Hillary tbh

Millennial_Messiah
03-14-2020, 08:44 PM

Hilldawg :lmao

that would basically be the equivalent of laying down your king when you're up in material halfway through the chess game.

ElNono
03-14-2020, 09:11 PM

ding

Chris
03-14-2020, 09:25 PM
Hilldawg :lmao

that would basically be the equivalent of laying down your king when you're up in material halfway through the chess game.

but she won the popular vote and Russians interfered?

Spurtacular
03-14-2020, 09:31 PM
If you thought Palin got exposed....

Millennial_Messiah
03-14-2020, 09:34 PM
but she won the popular vote and Russians interfered?

She won the popular vote and lost due to the Electoral College system being the way it is. That's it, and that's all.

It's like when Dak Prescott and the Cowboys out-gain the other team by 200 yards and still lose because of special teams or turnovers or other crap. It happens.

Suggesting the system needs to be overhauled so that ultra-blue states like CA and NY with huge populations should be able to bilaterally take over the country is like suggesting the NFL needs to change the rules such that if you gain more yards than your opponent then you should automatically be granted the victory. Both are equally stupid.

Chris
03-14-2020, 09:38 PM
She won the popular vote and lost due to the Electoral College system being the way it is. That's it, and that's all.

It's like when Dak Prescott and the Cowboys out-gain the other team by 200 yards and still lose because of special teams or turnovers or other crap. It happens.

Suggesting the system needs to be overhauled so that ultra-blue states like CA and NY with huge populations should be able to bilaterally take over the country is like suggesting the NFL needs to change the rules such that if you gain more yards than your opponent then you should automatically be granted the victory. Both are equally stupid.

I disagree with the Cowboys analogy, but everything about NY and CA is on point.

Millennial_Messiah
03-14-2020, 09:41 PM
I disagree with the Cowboys analogy, but everything about NY and CA is on point.

What is wrong with my football analogy? Tell me. It's beautiful and spot-on.

Chris
03-14-2020, 10:09 PM
What is wrong with my football analogy? Tell me. It's beautiful and spot-on.

Hillary had everything in her back pocket including tenure and a husband who was POTUS for 2 consecutive terms. All of the intelligence agencies and Media combined with Google,Facebook,Twitter etc.. couldn't get her in to office. Nothing akin to a special teams blunder or a turnover. Hillary is not Dak Prescott fighting against all odds.

spurraider21
03-14-2020, 11:34 PM

how exactly do the states take over the country? every person's vote counts the same regardless of whether they live in Texas or Pennsylvania... California or Virginia.

it would also remove the "winner take all" approach, here right now if you lose CA 61-31 like trump did, the dems get 100% of those electoral votes, whereas in a popular vote, you still get credit for all the votes you got.

DMC
03-14-2020, 11:55 PM
I think Michelle is too smart to get into politics.

DC23
03-14-2020, 11:56 PM
I think Biden may pick Hillary Clinton tbh. I see Michelle running in 2024.

Isitjustme?
03-15-2020, 12:04 AM
I think Michelle is too smart to get into politics.

She hates politics and has said so over and over.

DMC
03-15-2020, 12:11 AM
I think Biden may pick Hillary Clinton tbh. I see Michelle running in 2024.

I doubt Biden picks Hillary after the things she said about other dems. I'd instead see him picking one of the other candidates, maybe Warren. If he wants the black vote he'll pick Kamala Harris or Booker.

FlAVaK
03-15-2020, 01:09 AM
Seems he needs something to grab...

https://youtu.be/DAUOurZIVfI

Chris
03-15-2020, 01:22 AM
https://images.newrepublic.com/f48f6e16ad94c28924097796538f7f3a84ad7727.jpeg?w=12 00&q=65&dpi=2.625&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces&h=800

Chris
03-15-2020, 01:28 AM
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qZ08HINYYeo/WiaghNnwFOI/AAAAAAAACt8/fIfE72SlkRMDu-ZAedcDNgFiLykkkMa-QCLcBGAs/s1600/707-groping-Joe-biden-1200.png

Chris
03-15-2020, 01:29 AM
https://crimsonpledge.com/cms/res/5ca01fd7968bc0.44836266.png

phxspurfan
03-15-2020, 02:14 AM
It’s going to be Klobuchar or someone who can get him Hispanic, female and / or young voters. He’s already got the black and boomer votes

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Hillary had everything in her back pocket including tenure and a husband who was POTUS for 2 consecutive terms. All of the intelligence agencies and Media combined with Google,Facebook,Twitter etc.. couldn't get her in to office. Nothing akin to a special teams blunder or a turnover. Hillary is not Dak Prescott fighting against all odds.

Please. Dak has two top 15 receivers, the best OL in the league, and the highest paid running back in the league. Dak is not fighting against all odds.

Shillary had all that, but she also had tons of past history of her lying, war mongering, and engaging in covert ops. And shilling for Wall Street kept the Berners at home on Election night, especially in the states that mattered that she lost by 5 digits in.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 02:19 PM
I doubt Biden picks Hillary after the things she said about other dems. I'd instead see him picking one of the other candidates, maybe Warren. If he wants the black vote he'll pick Kamala Harris or Booker.
He definitely won't pick Warren. Too old and progressive. Harris is a glaring possibility and my family & I absolutely hate her (complete snake in the grass). Gabbard would be best case scenario.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 02:21 PM
It’s going to be Klobuchar or someone who can get him Hispanic, female and / or young voters. He’s already got the black and boomer votes

Buttigieg overperformed in the early primaries and does uber well with the young white hippie vote. And he might as well be a woman since he likes the cawk.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 02:27 PM
how exactly do the states take over the country? every person's vote counts the same regardless of whether they live in Texas or Pennsylvania... California or Virginia.

it would also remove the "winner take all" approach, here right now if you lose CA 61-31 like trump did, the dems get 100% of those electoral votes, whereas in a popular vote, you still get credit for all the votes you got.

It gives the larger/more populous states way too much control and authority over the country and who is in power. If you are a minority voter (red voter in a blue state / blue voter in a red state) and upset about your vote being good-for-nothing, you have every right to relocate at your own will, ideally to a purple state where your opinion will be maximized.

There's a good reason the Senate has always been considered the Upper Chamber / more respected chamber of Congress, not the House.

spurraider21
03-15-2020, 04:30 PM
It gives the larger/more populous states way too much control and authority over the country and who is in power. If you are a minority voter (red voter in a blue state / blue voter in a red state) and upset about your vote being good-for-nothing, you have every right to relocate at your own will, ideally to a purple state where your opinion will be maximized.

There's a good reason the Senate has always been considered the Upper Chamber / more respected chamber of Congress, not the House.
States don’t vote. Individual American citizens do. But you’re ok with peoples votes mattering more or less depending on where they live geographically. We just disagree there

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 04:46 PM
States don’t vote. Individual American citizens do. But you’re ok with peoples votes mattering more or less depending on where they live geographically. We just disagree there

That's because you have never accepted that the "United States of America" is a union of states with the compromise rules that go along with a union of states.

DMC
03-15-2020, 04:50 PM
That's because you have never accepted that the "United States of America" is a union of states with the compromise rules that go along with a union of states.

But super delegates are A-OK

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 04:51 PM
But super delegates are A-OK
I don’t think SR is a fan of n!gger delegates (a more accurate description since their intent is to give a disproportionate amount of votes to mindless Dem monkeys who vote for the establishments’ favorite candidate).

Reck
03-15-2020, 05:05 PM
:lol The logic of trumpers. Brings out the Joe is a creep memes but say nothing about dear leader who is a worse offender.

Like there are a hundred things to say about Joe being but you pick the one he shares with dear leader? :lmao

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 05:08 PM
:lol The logic of trumpers. Brings out the Joe is a creep memes but say nothing about dear leader who is a worse offender.

Like there are a hundred things to say about Joe being but you pick the one he shares with dear leader? :lmao

I'm not proud of either Presidential candidate. It's a terrible reflection on our country that this is the best we can hope for.

rascal
03-15-2020, 05:46 PM

Its stupid that a rural vote has more value than a city vote.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 05:48 PM
I'm not proud of either Presidential candidate. It's a terrible reflection on our country that this is the best we can hope for.

Though I do think Biden is worse and more fraudulent than Trump. Obviously not a fan of either. Trump has gone back on his promises too much imo. Still better than getting a democrat in. Though it pretty much ensures there will be a democrat in 2024 winning if Trump wins this fall. Hope RBG dies in the meantime though. And Thomas, I love the guy but he's older and not the healthiest dude, he should retire assuming Trump wins.

rascal
03-15-2020, 05:50 PM

They should have the more control because that is where most of the people live.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 05:50 PM

It's also stupid that an immigrant vote (due to loose ID requirements in lapis lazuli blue states) counts the same as a born-and-raised US citizen...

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 05:52 PM
They should have the more control because that is where most of the people live.

No, they shouldn't. All 50 states are equal regardless of population. The bigger states shouldn't be allowed to bully the states with a lower population (but often as much or more land).

If you want to go by population, I'll raise you another option... do it by land acreage... and we'll see just how little power the dumbocrats could have.

rascal
03-15-2020, 05:53 PM
It's also stupid that an immigrant vote (due to loose ID requirements in lapis lazuli blue states) counts the same as a born-and-raised US citizen...

Bullshit

rascal
03-15-2020, 05:55 PM
No, they shouldn't. All 50 states are equal regardless of population. The bigger states shouldn't be allowed to bully the states with a lower population (but often as much or more land).

If you want to go by population, I'll raise you another option... do it by land acreage... and we'll see just how little power the dumbocrats could have.

Land doesn't have anything to do with it. The govt is for the people not land. And yes the more popular states should not be losing to the least popular states.

Th'Pusher
03-15-2020, 06:05 PM
No, they shouldn't. All 50 states are equal regardless of population

The House of Representatives disagrees with you.

boutons_deux
03-15-2020, 06:06 PM

that's why the Constitution, even before the Repugs/oligarchy/Chistian taliban weaponized it, is badly out of date, archaic, and deeply anti-democratic.

But America can't fix shit anymore, because it doesn't control its own shit

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 07:17 PM

It's the lower chamber for a good reason. And the chamber that doesn't get a say on SCOTUS picks, and doesn't make the final calls on major bills/impeachment, etc.

lol 2 year terms

Chris
03-15-2020, 07:36 PM
Please. Dak has two top 15 receivers, the best OL in the league, and the highest paid running back in the league. Dak is not fighting against all odds.

Shillary had all that, but she also had tons of past history of her lying, war mongering, and engaging in covert ops. And shilling for Wall Street kept the Berners at home on Election night, especially in the states that mattered that she lost by 5 digits in.

Playing for Jason Garrett is fighting against all odds.

Chris
03-15-2020, 07:48 PM
WHAT ABOUT TRUMP YOU GOYS??!!

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 07:50 PM
Playing for Jason Garrett is fighting against all odds.

Thanks, I'll bring this one up when the Cowboys have another average season because Dak, despite impressive yardage numbers, couldn't get the team TDs instead of FG attempts, couldn't convert critical 3rd downs, and couldn't lead the team downfield to win in last-drive situations (eg: Saints, Vikings, Patriots, Eagles games from last year).

Chris
03-15-2020, 08:08 PM
Thanks, I'll bring this one up when the Cowboys have another average season because Dak, despite impressive yardage numbers, couldn't get the team TDs instead of FG attempts, couldn't convert critical 3rd downs, and couldn't lead the team downfield to win in last-drive situations (eg: Saints, Vikings, Patriots, Eagles games from last year).

Mike Mack got this shit :tu

Chris
03-15-2020, 08:22 PM
You said Dak was outgaining the other team by 200 hundred yards and they were losing because of special teams. Now Dak is sub par? :lol

Chris
03-23-2020, 09:46 PM
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1242263852819120130?s=19

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2020, 11:21 PM
You said Dak was outgaining the other team by 200 hundred yards and they were losing because of special teams. Now Dak is sub par? :lol

Dak piled up tons of yards last year but couldn't convert in the red zone, couldn't score crucial game winning drives, struggled on 3rd and 4th down, and not to mention a lot of the yards were

a) when they were way behind, he'd pile up long scoring drives to make the score look respectable, but they'd still lose
b) when they were absolutely demolishing inferior teams... their point differential was one of the best in the NFL but they were 8-8 because they couldn't win close games.

Yeah special teams was among the worst in the league, defense was disappointing given the talent... but the offense, despite ranking #1 in the league, wasn't not guilty, either.

rmt
03-24-2020, 10:35 AM
This country is the United STATES of America - each with its own laws, rules, taxes, flavor, etc and with ITS OWN say in who becomes president. BTW, those states who voted to GIVE AWAY their votes to whoever wins the popular vote have given away their say (so stupid).

People need to get over it. It's not like Hillary didn't know the rules going in. That's like Federer saying "I should have won Wimbledon 2019" because he won the most points (218 to 204) instead of losing 3 tiebreaker sets to 2 (6-7, 6-1, 6-7, 6-4, 12-13)

CosmicCowboy
03-24-2020, 10:57 AM
Dang...rmt is the Avante of tennis trivia.

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Even the electoral college recognizes it. Just does a horrendous job on its own