PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down SA?

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 02:55 PM
Heard a rumor from a reliable source big new restrictions hit tomorrow. No specific details though.

DC23
03-15-2020, 02:57 PM
I think the world will be shut down for the next 2-3 months. Announcement coming anyday.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 03:00 PM
Yeah I was just told to work from home indefinitely and the entire city of DC is getting closer and closer to shutting down. I think it’s all gonna happen nationwide by the end of the week.

ElNono
03-15-2020, 03:04 PM
Need to be responsible about spreading rumors like this, tbh, you don't want people to panic and stock up on TP and lard.

Xevious
03-15-2020, 03:14 PM
I keep hearing shit like this... other than cancelling churches, concerts, sporting events, and other optional stuff, what can be done to force people to stay home? Hospitals need to stay open, and the supplies/manpower it takes to run even one full service hospital is big. Gas stations, grocery stores, etc need to stay open. Delivery services need to keep running. Power and water need to keep flowing, trash/sanitation services, etc. Bottom line, most people need to keep working.

picnroll
03-15-2020, 03:18 PM
I keep hearing shit like this... other than cancelling churches, concerts, sporting events, and other optional stuff, what can be done to force people to stay home? Hospitals need to stay open, and the supplies/manpower it takes to run even one full service hospital is big. Gas stations, grocery stores, etc need to stay open. Delivery services need to keep running. Power and water need to keep flowing, trash/sanitation services, etc. Bottom line, most people need to keep working.
Bars, restaurants, hotels

ElNono
03-15-2020, 03:32 PM

Dunno about churches, we're going to need a lot of thoughts and prayers soon, tbh

DMX7
03-15-2020, 03:34 PM
Life is going to suck. I'm not the kind of person who likes to just stay at home and watch TV or work for long hours.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 03:34 PM
Bars, restaurants, hotels

Yeah anything entertainment related isn't necessary. But most corporate office / white-collar type people can work from home with a VPN, it's fucking 2020 for crying out loud.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Life is going to suck. I'm not the kind of person who likes to just stay at home and watch TV or work for long hours.

Then go outside and have fun, you don't need to go to a people-packed club, bar or concert to have a good time. Travel by car... gas is ultra-cheap and it's going to be cheap for the foreseeable future. Explore America. Take selfies with landmarks. Once those are on the cloud, those (and the memories) never go away. Nobody will ultimately care that it happened in March 2020 when everyone was freaking out about a pandemic with a 2% mortality rate (and essentially zero if you're healthy and reasonably young).

Splits
03-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Dunno about churches, we're going to need a lot of thoughts and prayers soon, tbh

:lol

And left off the third G(un) stores that need to stay open with gas and grocery

baseline bum
03-15-2020, 03:50 PM
On one hand, lockdowns of population centers are going to be necessary. On the other, how the hell are people not going to starve in a nation with a minimal safety net like ours? Temporary UBI and food stamps for all are going to be necessary. There is no way you can only target it at the poor or the middle class is going to feel like they're getting fucked. I wonder if we'll go on a rationing system like we did in WWII.

boutons_deux
03-15-2020, 03:52 PM
PeterSweden
(https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7)✔@PeterSweden7
(https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7)
✔@PeterSweden7
(https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7)
4,173 (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1239237975755669505)
12:12 PM - Mar 15, 2020 (https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7/status/1239237975755669505)

- 24 747 infected.

- 1 809 dead.

- 7.3% death rate.

This is a human tragedy https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f62d.png

4,173 (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1239237975755669505)
12:12 PM - Mar 15, 2020 (https://twitter.com/PeterSweden7/status/1239237975755669505)

Xevious
03-15-2020, 03:56 PM
What do people think is going to happen when you shut down an entire industry full of employees who can't afford to miss a paycheck?

boutons_deux
03-15-2020, 03:57 PM
What do people think is going to happen when you shut down an entire industry full of employees who can't afford to miss a paycheck?

Capitalists will reposses the cars, houses, slum landlord Jared kushner will evict 1000s

baseline bum
03-15-2020, 03:57 PM

Hence the need for an immediate subsistence level ubi.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 04:00 PM

They starve to death if they don't have support from someone / somewhere else. Survival of the fittest. Fortunately my career is corporate office white collar where there's this nice little thing called VPN and Citrix / VMware which allows you to work from home or anywhere with secure wifi/internet.

Sucks to be a retail person, I guess. Should have went to college.

ElNono
03-15-2020, 04:12 PM

thoughts and prayers

boutons_deux
03-15-2020, 04:14 PM

it sure looks like there will be a time, when covid-19 hits San Antonio, that retail people, like HEB, Walmart, will have nothing edible to retail

hater
03-15-2020, 04:16 PM
they obviously picked the lesser evil

they had 2 options:
1) “take it in the chin”. Ignore this and let nature take care of it
2) shut down everything at the cost of world going into a deep depression

the main problem with #1 is the infection rate and severy symptom rate was just too damn high. it will devour us all

they had no choice. China did it and made that decision in like 3 weeks. it took us 3 months to ven after witnessing china

expect a war like environment for the next 3-6 months nogas

and remember

I CALLEEEED IT!

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 04:21 PM
it sure looks like there will be a time, when covid-19 hits San Antonio, that retail people, like HEB, Walmart, will have nothing edible to retail

And the accountants, finance, technology, management people still get to keep their jobs and work from home for full salary and benefits. :toast

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 04:24 PM
They starve to death if they don't have support from someone / somewhere else. Survival of the fittest. Fortunately my career is corporate office white collar where there's this nice little thing called VPN and Citrix / VMware which allows you to work from home or anywhere with secure wifi/internet.

Arrogant little prick. Apparently they didn't teach you basic english grammar while you were there.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 04:27 PM
Arrogant little prick. Apparently they didn't teach you basic english grammar while you were there.

Huh? Are you talking to me or Ducks?

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2020, 04:32 PM
They starve to death if they don't have support from someone / somewhere else. Survival of the fittest.
That is the essence of Libertarianism at it's core.

Fortunately my career is corporate office white collar where there's this nice little thing called VPN and Citrix / VMware which allows you to work from home or anywhere with secure wifi/internet.

Translation: Look at my muscles guys. I have a work from home job. I'm financially set, I can survive an apocalypse. Everyone else can fuck themselves. Only ME, ME, and ME matters. If you don't work from home then too bad. You're a fucking loser.

I assume you're alone and single. Amirite?

GAustex
03-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Need for the power and water to keep working.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 04:42 PM
Nothing he says about how successful he is is true, don’t waste your time responding to him.

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 04:42 PM
Huh? Are you talking to me or Ducks?

You. For someone who claims to be a white collar college graduate your language skills are atrocious.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 04:45 PM
On one hand, lockdowns of population centers are going to be necessary. On the other, how the hell are people not going to starve in a nation with a minimal safety net like ours? Temporary UBI and food stamps for all are going to be necessary. There is no way you can only target it at the poor or the middle class is going to feel like they're getting fucked. I wonder if we'll go on a rationing system like we did in WWII.
As long as those dying are boomers im ok with it.

DMC
03-15-2020, 04:47 PM

Couple that rationing system with some isolation and we could solve a lot of problems in a short amount of time - obesity, mass shootings, greenhouse gases, global warming, baby boomer generation soaking up social security, illegal drugs, illegal immigration, etc and so on.

Trump Trump Trump Trump!

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2020, 04:47 PM
You. For someone who claims to be a white collar college graduate your language skills are atrocious.

He's probably some 22 year old immature kid that got that lucky job, is making good money right now and thinks it will last forever. I've been there, done that :tu

Either that or he's lying or exaggerating.

FYI Having more money DOES NOT equal higher IQ.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2020, 04:52 PM
Couple that rationing system with some isolation and we could solve a lot of problems in a short amount of time - obesity, mass shootings, greenhouse gases, global warming, baby boomer generation soaking up social security, etc and so on.

Trump Trump Trump Trump!

That could be the end goal to all this tbh. Depopulation. Agenda 21. New (Jew) World Order. Currency reset.

The axis of evil (United States & Israel) have something bad cooking :stirpot:

It started with China cuz they are the most populated.

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 04:53 PM
He's probably some 22 year old immature kid that got that lucky job, is making good money right now and thinks it will last forever. I've been there, done that :tu

Either that or he's lying or exaggerating.

FYI Having more money DOES NOT equal higher IQ.

No doubt. Intelligence helps but in my experience perseverance and willingness to take on risk play a much greater role in wealth building. You can always hire "smart" people.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 04:53 PM
That could be the end goal to all this tbh. Depopulation. Agenda 21. New (Jew) World Order. Currency reset.

The axis of evil (United States & Israel) have something bad cooking :stirpot:

It started with China cuz they are the most populated.
The world is definitely overpopulated so it wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

TimDunkem
03-15-2020, 05:02 PM
Malls were packed again today in SA. Restaurants full. Theatres still have people going in and out. Bars aren't seein much of a hit too.

Fuck Fat Antonio.

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 05:05 PM
Was coming out 35 today and EVO only had maybe 100 cars in the parking lot. Wall Mart was fucking packed, though.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 05:12 PM
:tu :toast

Hence my branding as a Libertarian, not married to team red or team blue, though lately libertarians have leaned pink due to an agreement on a simple majority of issues.

Translation: Look at my muscles guys. I have a work from home job. I'm financially set, I can survive an apocalypse. Everyone else can fuck themselves. Only ME, ME, and ME matters. If you don't work from home then too bad. You're a fucking loser.

Living with a woman, legally married, but we're basically roommates and little else at this point. We have sex maybe once every couple months if we're both really in the mood.

I don't have a "work from home job" per se, but I have a white collar office job, which of course in this generation have natural WFH flexibility in times of crisis due to the advent of the VPN.

In Myers-Briggs I'm ENTJ, in Harry Potter lore I'm Ravenclaw/Slytherin hybrid.

Libertarianism, is, at its core, an every-man-for-himself ideology. It doesn't mean you have to be antisocial or unconcerned about others, but in the end the self is valued above all no doubt. It doesn't makes me an asshole or a loser; simply a self-centered metheist.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 05:14 PM

Because this is a message forum and not an essay contest? My grammar and spelling are just fine.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 05:19 PM
Malls were packed again today in SA. Restaurants full. Theatres still have people going in and out. Bars aren't seein much of a hit too.

Fuck Fat Antonio.
Good. People shouldn’t let this ruin their lives.

TimDunkem
03-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Good. People shouldn’t let this ruin their lives.

Their lives will be ruined if they allow it to spread. Staying home is the lesser of two evils.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 05:23 PM
Their lives will be ruined if they allow it to spread. Staying home is the lesser of two evils.
Id rather it spread and kill off a bunch of old people tbh. #BoomerRemover

boutons_deux
03-15-2020, 05:24 PM
rightwingnutjobs never fail to show their ignorance, inhumanity, myopia, sadism, conspiracism.

They eat Trash's shit and are too ignorant to know it's shit.

ElNono
03-15-2020, 05:24 PM

It's ok, probably the same people that once aunt Esther kicks the bucket due to the virus come up with shit like "god had a plan for her, she's in a better place, etc"...

TimDunkem
03-15-2020, 05:25 PM

Real talk though, staying home isn't ruining anyone's life although I do agree that some see it that way and will continue to go out despite all the info out there right now.

Removing Boomers is definitely one positive aspect though. :tu

TimDunkem
03-15-2020, 05:26 PM
It's ok, probably the same people that once aunt Esther kicks the bucket due to the virus come up with shit like "god had a plan for her, she's in a better place, etc"...

TeyshaBlue
03-15-2020, 05:34 PM

I'm a boomer. Want to go home and tell your boyfriend you got your ass kicked by a boomer? :lol

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 06:49 PM
I'm a boomer. Want to go home and tell your boyfriend you got your ass kicked by a boomer? :lol

I'd be honored to be your wingman. We could probably take the whole pack.

picnroll
03-15-2020, 07:02 PM

Kills some younger people too. I’m rooting for you tbh. Way too many useless fucking lawyers.

ElNono
03-15-2020, 07:02 PM

I'd be honored to be your wingman. We could probably take the whole pack.

smh boomers

daslicer
03-15-2020, 07:11 PM

MM is a little skinny nerdy white guy who is only 5'7 and has to pay for hookers. Not shocking he lives through his job because outside of it he has no value to anybody.

Winehole23
03-15-2020, 07:14 PM
Need to be responsible about spreading rumors like this, tbh, you don't want people to panic and stock up on TP and lard.I think SA's got it covered re: LA PURA MANTECA

ElNono
03-15-2020, 07:15 PM
I think SA's got it covered re: LA PURA MANTECA

I've got me some jabon AZO, tbh, my buddy LkrFan recommended...

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:17 PM
Kills some younger people too. I’m rooting for you tbh. Way too many useless fucking lawyers.
:lol I’m not a lawyer

picnroll
03-15-2020, 07:19 PM
:lol I’m not a lawyer
Still rooting for you.

LkrFan
03-15-2020, 07:22 PM
I've got me some jabon AZO, tbh, my buddy LkrFan recommended...

:lmao

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:23 PM
Still rooting for you.
Neat.

Not surprised that you’re a b:lol:lolmer

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Neat.

Even less surprised that you are a l:lol:lolser.

picnroll
03-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Neat.

Yeah. Physician. Do lots of charity work. I’m guessing you talk a lit while i do a lot.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Even less surprised that you are a l:lol:lolser.
Think you misspelled loser dummy.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:27 PM
Yeah. Physician. Do lots of charity work. I’m guessing you talk a lit while i do a lot.
:lol internet dick measuring contests

picnroll
03-15-2020, 07:27 PM
:lol internet dick measuring contests

More like assholes.

CosmicCowboy
03-15-2020, 07:29 PM
Think you misspelled loser dummy.

Nope. It was a double laugh at the internet loser. Own it.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:32 PM
:lol when boomers get made fun of on the internet here’s how they react:

- The internet tough guy shtick of bearing someone up IRL
- Dick measuring contests about real life accomplishments
- Mispelling the word loser

florige
03-15-2020, 07:32 PM

Fuck Fat Antonio.

That’s not just there but it’s the same everywhere. If people would just voluntarily stop going to movie theaters, crowded bars, clubs, etc. But morons refuse to listen and soon it probably will be mandatory unfortunately.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:34 PM
That’s not just there but it’s the same everywhere. If people would just voluntarily stop going to movie theaters, crowded bars, clubs, etc. But morons refuse to listen and soon it probably will be mandatory unfortunately.
People I work with in Boston say that the entire city has been shut down as far as bars/restaurants/etc. all that’s open for them are grocery stores and pharmacies. I’m guessing the rest of us are <1 week away from the same thing.

florige
03-15-2020, 07:38 PM
People I work with in Boston say that the entire city has been shut down as far as bars/restaurants/etc. all that’s open for them are grocery stores and pharmacies. I’m guessing the rest of us are <1 week away from the same thing.

I think states should try shutting down leisure places like you mentioned first before I would issue a mandatory quarantine to see if the numbers would stabilize or lower first.

lmbebo
03-15-2020, 07:42 PM
all too late. Idiots should have not gone out ...

picnroll
03-15-2020, 07:44 PM

When jackasses say things like a group of people should die then they react by:
- saying more jackass things about a group of people.

Didnt realize so many millennials had such Nazi extermination mentalities.

Will Hunting
03-15-2020, 07:48 PM
When jackasses say things like a group of people should die then they react by:
- saying more jackass things about a group of people.

Didnt realize so many millennials had such Nazi extermination mentalities.
Yeah sorry but boomers were the aggressors in the millennial vs boomer fued.

I’m still not quite sure how the financial crisis was our fault but boomers seem really convinced it was.

picnroll
03-15-2020, 08:01 PM
Yeah sorry but boomers were the aggressors in the millennial vs boomer fued.

I’m still not quite sure how the financial crisis was our fault but boomers seem really convinced it was.
There are no black and white, ”all their fault” answers that are right, though some people like to make it out that way. Pretty sure some day your grandchildren will say you were the root of all evil.

baseline bum
03-15-2020, 08:29 PM
I think SA's got it covered re: LA PURA MANTECA

You misspelled puta

boutons_deux
03-15-2020, 08:37 PM
rightwingnutjogs don't need toilet paper, their heads up their asses

Trill Clinton
03-15-2020, 10:23 PM
I've been working at home since last week and my wife just got a text to telework tomorrow and she'll get more info tomorrow. She's a gov't employee at Ft. Sam Houston. I have 7 employees on the base who will more than likely be sent home soon as well. Leadership has been asking for a list of classes considered mass gatherings so hopefully they let us know something soon.

pgardn
03-15-2020, 10:47 PM

Hopefully shit is cleaned and they will never know.

pgardn
03-15-2020, 10:50 PM
I've been working at home since last week and my wife just got a text to telework tomorrow and she'll get more info tomorrow. She's a gov't employee at Ft. Sam Houston. I have 7 employees on the base who will more than likely be sent home soon as well. Leadership has been asking for a list of classes considered mass gatherings so hopefully they let us know something soon.

Good luck.
Sounds better than my conundrum.

DMC
03-15-2020, 11:02 PM

What about misspelling the word "beating"?

SpursforSix
03-15-2020, 11:51 PM

He’s also said he doesn’t like dogs and has commented just today on 13 year olds liking it in the butt.

Xevious
03-16-2020, 01:18 AM

That's the type of thing douchebags say to justify leaving a shitty tip to their waitress.

The hospitality industry is a huge part of our economy. You aren't going to erase that for very long before it starts to spill over into your VPN job.

Kudos to companies like Wynn and Disney for continuing to pay their employees while closing their properties. Most people aren't going to be that fortunate.

Millennial_Messiah
03-16-2020, 10:11 AM
That's the type of thing douchebags say to justify leaving a shitty tip to their waitress.

The hospitality industry is a huge part of our economy. You aren't going to erase that for very long before it starts to spill over into your VPN job.

Kudos to companies like Wynn and Disney for continuing to pay their employees while closing their properties. Most people aren't going to be that fortunate.

Right, if you work for big companies that otherwise are doing well (counter example: Sears, other brick-and-mortar only retailers) you probably get paid full salary/wages to WFH as much as possible (and it's generally less work than you'd be doing ordinarily) while if you work for a startup they probably won't have the funds to not at least temporarily lay people off. If you work store-level your job is in the most jeopardy because it relies on in-person customer traffic. If you work other blue collar jobs, it just depends, but the oil guys, police/fire/EMS/doctors etc aren't going to lose their jobs, if anything their jobs will be in more demand.

My mom is a public school teacher. Teachers are still getting full time pay and not having to use their vacation time. Awesome.

Millennial_Messiah
03-16-2020, 10:14 AM
He’s also said he doesn’t like dogs and has commented just today on 13 year olds liking it in the butt.

Positive to the first, negative to the second.

I don't like dogs as pets. I never will. They muck up and destroy the house/apartment. However, big/aggressive dogs are excellent utility first-line guardians if you have a large and/or expensive property.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 10:38 AM
I guess we get another week of business being open in town.

Thread
03-16-2020, 10:39 AM
Positive to the first, negative to the second.

I don't like dogs as pets. I never will. They muck up and destroy the house/apartment. However, big/aggressive dogs are excellent utility first-line guardians if you have a large and/or expensive property.

Amen.

Thread
03-16-2020, 10:41 AM
I guess we get another week of business being open in town.

Each state should control their state. Christ, Washington state has 75+% of the death toll.

Here in AZ., we have 12 cases, no deaths.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 10:45 AM
Each state should control their state. Christ, Washington state has 75+% of the death toll.

Here in AZ., we have 12 cases, no deaths.

And they had all of it a few days ago. Don't worry, the deaths are coming soon enough in AZ. You never know when it'll be the last chance for you to go fuck your mother some more, cubby.

Will Hunting
03-16-2020, 10:47 AM
And they had all of it a few days ago. Don't worry, the deaths are coming soon enough in AZ. You never know when it'll be the last chance for you to go fuck your mother some more, cubby.
AZ has only tested like 150 people so far :lol

Thread
03-16-2020, 10:49 AM

Been stuck on (12) for 3 days.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 10:52 AM
AZ has only tested like 150 people so far :lol

Damn only 150 tests when they have gotten millions of them from Trump and Pence. Doesn't make any sense.

vy65
03-16-2020, 12:39 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIk7qe_VUAA2Pmg?format=jpg&name=900x900

boutons_deux
03-16-2020, 12:41 PM
H-E-B responds to 'time of need' by creating temporary job opportunities for Texans

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/H-E-B-responds-to-time-of-need-by-creating-new-15134435.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202003 16&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email (https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/H-E-B-responds-to-time-of-need-by-creating-new-15134435.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202003 16&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email)

Will Hunting
03-16-2020, 01:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIk7qe_VUAA2Pmg?format=jpg&name=900x900
:lmao

phxspurfan
03-16-2020, 01:01 PM
H-E-B responds to 'time of need' by creating temporary job opportunities for Texans

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/H-E-B-responds-to-time-of-need-by-creating-new-15134435.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202003 16&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email (https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/H-E-B-responds-to-time-of-need-by-creating-new-15134435.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202003 16&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email)

Good on HEB

vy65
03-16-2020, 01:12 PM
St:cryp y:cryu N:cryzis

CosmicCowboy
03-16-2020, 01:30 PM
Good on HEB

HEB has their shit together. Went to the one in Seguin this morning. They had monitors at the registers sending people to the back of he line on aisle 11 and 12. Had every lane open with a bagger on each lane and the monitor would send the next in line to the next available checkout lane. They had some gaps, especially in the meat department but everything was flowing smoothly despite the crowd. picked up a couple of prime one briskets while I was there to put on the smoker this weekend.

CosmicCowboy
03-16-2020, 01:36 PM
Guess this is what I heard about yesterday:

San Antonio will put tighter restrictions on gatherings in the wake of new federal guidelines and confirmation of the city’s third travel-related case of coronavirus, Mayor Ron Nirenberg said Monday.

Nirenberg plans to issue a new emergency order Monday forbidding public and private gatherings of more than 50 people, he said in an interview for the Express-News’ Puro Politics podcast.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 01:54 PM
Guess this is what I heard about yesterday:

San Antonio will put tighter restrictions on gatherings in the wake of new federal guidelines and confirmation of the city’s third travel-related case of coronavirus, Mayor Ron Nirenberg said Monday.

Nirenberg plans to issue a new emergency order Monday forbidding public and private gatherings of more than 50 people, he said in an interview for the Express-News’ Puro Politics podcast.

So we can still go to shitty restaurants?

CosmicCowboy
03-16-2020, 02:49 PM
So we can still go to shitty restaurants?

Whataburger drive through is gonna love this shit.

Thread
03-16-2020, 03:20 PM
Whataburger drive through is gonna love this shit.

of course & they never give you the hash brown sticks, at the counter, or, in the car.

florige
03-16-2020, 03:25 PM
MD has just shut down all Gyms, restaurants, night clubs, bowling alleys, movie theaters by 5pm today. I guess the next thing if that doesn't slow this thing down will be a curfew like NJ is doing.

florige
03-16-2020, 03:28 PM
Right, if you work for big companies that otherwise are doing well (counter example: Sears, other brick-and-mortar only retailers) you probably get paid full salary/wages to WFH as much as possible (and it's generally less work than you'd be doing ordinarily) while if you work for a startup they probably won't have the funds to not at least temporarily lay people off. If you work store-level your job is in the most jeopardy because it relies on in-person customer traffic. If you work other blue collar jobs, it just depends, but the oil guys, police/fire/EMS/doctors etc aren't going to lose their jobs, if anything their jobs will be in more demand.

My mom is a public school teacher. Teachers are still getting full time pay and not having to use their vacation time. Awesome.

I'm assuming that people who work in food service like super markets and fast food places that their hours will probably increase dramatically throughout this.

Thread
03-16-2020, 03:29 PM
I'm assuming that people who work in food service like super markets and fast food places that their hours will probably increase dramatically throughout this.

Yes. Time & a half.

Like money from home.

boutons_deux
03-16-2020, 03:33 PM

HEB has cut opening hours from 18/day to 12/day

the employee churn in Jim's, Bill Miller, the junk food chains is horrendous, the work is shit, the pay is shit, like in Uber and Lyft, ALWAYS signs "we are hiring"

To HEB's credit as employer, the checkout staff in my local HEB is very stable.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2020, 05:13 PM

He's an internet tough guy.

Spurminator
03-16-2020, 05:23 PM
Dallas City and County restaurants, bars, gyms and theaters closed down as of midnight tonight. No gatherings of 50+ people. Carryout/delivery still an option.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 06:47 PM
Getting lucky picking up food from CVS after midnight and Dollar General during the day. Got a few weeks' worth without any wait or piles of people. Not picky in this situation.

DarrinS
03-16-2020, 07:15 PM
Getting lucky picking up food from CVS after midnight and Dollar General during the day. Got a few weeks' worth without any wait or piles of people. Not picky in this situation.

Good strategy, tbh. When I got my flu shot at CVS, I snagged some hand soap and a six pack of bottled water.

People need to stop Armageddon shopping.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 07:23 PM
People need to stop Armageddon shopping.

Sorry, new rules of society. I stopped by Dollar General on the way home from stocking up on dog food and saw a full shelf of Angel Soft get completely emptied in 120 seconds. Stopped in since I had to go pick up some of those Caesar wet food packs that I forgot to pick up at Petco (only way I can get my dog to take her flea / heartworm meds).

Funny thing is those $4.50 12-packs were selling on ebay for $50. Not asking $50. Selling and selling out for $50.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Good strategy, tbh. When I got my flu shot at CVS, I snagged some hand soap and a six pack of bottled water.

People need to stop Armageddon shopping.Yeah, there is a disturbing amount of soap still available given that's the best way to combat the virus. I think people are just wiping their asses then using hand sanitizer.

DarrinS
03-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Yeah, there is a disturbing amount of soap still available given that's the best way to combat the virus. I think people are just wiping their asses then using hand sanitizer.

Also, bar soap seems to be available. I guess people forgot what that shit is.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 07:35 PM
Yeah, there is a disturbing amount of soap still available given that's the best way to combat the virus. I think people are just wiping their asses then using hand sanitizer.

Fucking hand sanitizer is only good in a pinch like for the car, where you can't properly wash your hands after fingering the hooker you just took to the parking lot.

spurraider21
03-16-2020, 07:39 PM
you shouldnt be using these hand sanitizers as soap... the alcohol based stuff also kills bacteria on your hand that provides moisture. you're just hurting your skin. it's fine in a pinch when you dont have access to a sink but its not something you should be using at home or in a restroom

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 07:40 PM
you shouldnt be using these hand sanitizers as soap... the alcohol based stuff also kills bacteria on your hand that provides moisture. you're just hurting your skin. it's fine in a pinch when you dont have access to a sink but its not something you should be using at home or in a restroom

Shut up with that advice, I don't want runs on real soap. :lol

DarrinS
03-16-2020, 07:42 PM
Your better off carrying around a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and some cotton balls, tbh. People use way to little hand sanitizer, because it's fairly diluted.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Shut up with that advice, I don't want runs on real soap. :lol:lol still a lot of cheap dish soap at Dollar General too. These bitches eating everything they hoard straight out of the can then right to the bathroom I guess.

DarrinS
03-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Or, carry a small spray bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Don't get it on your clothes, tho.

Millennial_Messiah
03-16-2020, 11:14 PM
HEB has cut opening hours from 18/day to 12/day

the employee churn in Jim's, Bill Miller, the junk food chains is horrendous, the work is shit, the pay is shit, like in Uber and Lyft, ALWAYS signs "we are hiring"

To HEB's credit as employer, the checkout staff in my local HEB is very stable.
was it ever even a good idea to have a grocery store open after 9pm anyway?

Spurminator
03-16-2020, 11:38 PM

I can't get used to the new normal.

I keep sanitizer in the car now (responsible). I put it on today when I went and picked up lunch from the drive thru (responsible). I put on a bit of sanitizer after exchanging payment and food (responsible). Then I went to the gas station, paid at the pump, put the nozzle in the tube, got back in the car and munched on fries while I waited (WTF). I finished gassing, got back in the car and put hand sanitizer on (too late).

dude21
03-16-2020, 11:44 PM
As soon as you finish washing your hand and open that restroom door, you just got germs on you again. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 11:47 PM
As soon as you finish washing your hand and open that restroom door, you just got germs on you again. :lolOpen it with the paper towel.

dude21
03-16-2020, 11:47 PM
Open it with the paper towel.

And then you got a keypad to get into the offices. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 11:51 PM
And then you got a keypad to get into the offices. :lolTouchscreens everywhere is the bear. Just keep your hands away from your face and remind to wash.

Nbadan
03-17-2020, 12:15 AM
8 days

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:17 AM
Or, carry a small spray bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Don't get it on your clothes, tho.

Fuck that. Put some Tabasco sauce on your hands. You'll stop touching your face.

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:18 AM
I can't get used to the new normal.

I keep sanitizer in the car now (responsible). I put it on today when I went and picked up lunch from the drive thru (responsible). I put on a bit of sanitizer after exchanging payment and food (responsible). Then I went to the gas station, paid at the pump, put the nozzle in the tube, got back in the car and munched on fries while I waited (WTF). I finished gassing, got back in the car and put hand sanitizer on (too late).

Baby wipes are best. They don't have the alcohol, but you can douse the bag with IPA (not beer lol) and have a cheap set of sanitary wipes.