PDA

View Full Version : Source for COVID-19 Information (Johns Hopkins)

DMC
03-15-2020, 04:35 PM
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

This is probably the most comprehensive info site out there, and seems to be updated regularly.

Please post other legit sites if they have different tools or metrics.

DarrinS
03-15-2020, 05:14 PM
That's the one I've been checking daily. For local, ksat.com

Winehole23
03-15-2020, 07:23 PM
It's too bad we can't rely on our government for accurate information updated daily.

SnakeBoy
03-16-2020, 08:13 AM
It's too bad we can't rely on our government for accurate information updated daily.

lol

DMC
03-16-2020, 08:14 AM
lol
What's really funny is they want this same government in charge of all Healthcare.

SnakeBoy
03-16-2020, 08:18 AM
Yeah you can't provide any useful information here without someone coming in with a violin and whining about it.

That's why he is Whinehole.

Johns Hopkins site is getting the data from the govt so that makes his comment extra stupid.

You can check cdc site for info. Site isn't updated on weekends because well govt workers.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

SnakeBoy
03-16-2020, 08:20 AM
Worldometers is also good for info
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

boutons_deux
03-16-2020, 08:24 AM

MUCH worse than "too bad"

While fucked-up Trash and his fucked up Exec fuck everything up,

states and municipalities are taking the lead in managing the crisis and protecting their citizens, with no help or guidance from Trash.

While Trash, corrupt to the tips of his tiny fingers, tries the approach that has worked sometimes for his failed business career:

bribe a German vaccine make so he can obtain exclusivity to the vaccine.

btw, Jared's brother runs a failing health insurance company ($15,800 deductible) that lost $50M+ in 2019 and is trying setup virus testing centers to cash in.

I bet Trash wants to use taxpayer $1B to buy the German vaccine and then give it Jared's brother.

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 09:23 AM
What's really funny is they want this same government in charge of all Healthcare.to insist that government is incapable of improvement and delivering social good is nihilism and inanity. all other industrialized countries are.competent enough to do it, so clearly there's better and worse.

Only conservatives treat the better or worse as "destined to be the worst."

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 09:28 AM
Neat rhetorical flex, to complain that government sucks and is incompetent after actively dismantling the civil service and appointing lobbyists to run it.

E.g., Alex Azar

DMC
03-16-2020, 09:31 AM
to insist that government is incapable of improvement and delivering social good is nihilism and inanity. all other industrialized countries are.competent enough to do it, so clearly there's better and worse.

Only conservatives treat the better or worse as "destined to be the worst."
Either way you opined that you can't trust the government to do the right thing and then you want to trust them with health care. I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you're trying to exhibit here to get around that fact.

DMC
03-16-2020, 09:31 AM
Neat rhetorical flex, to complain that government sucks and is incompetent after actively dismantling the civil service and appointing lobbyists to run it.

E.g., Alex Azar

I felt that way before.

DMC
03-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Besides, start your own thread. Aren't you whining enough in various threads about basically the same thing?

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Besides, start your own thread. Aren't you whining enough in various threads about basically the same thing?I'll post wherever I want, tuff guy.

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 09:35 AM
I felt that way before.

We already knew you were an arrogant blockhead, thanks.

DMC
03-16-2020, 09:37 AM
I'll post wherever I want, tuff guy.

Chicken littles like you are part of the problem.

DMC
03-16-2020, 09:38 AM
We already knew you were an arrogant blockhead, thanks.

Everything you say is easily disproven so why do you keep talking?

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 09:38 AM
Everything you say is easily disproven so why do you keep talking?You haven't proven or disproven anything, why do you keep talking?

Spurminator
03-16-2020, 10:24 AM
What's really funny is they want this same government in charge of all Healthcare.

I think I can speak for many when I say we don't want Trump's government in charge of healthcare.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 10:26 AM
That's the one I've been checking daily. For local, ksat.com

But the flu has killed more people, amaright?

Thread
03-16-2020, 10:29 AM

Yep, & has been for decades.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 10:30 AM

Because the free market has done such a wonderful job of it, and it going to kill a whole lot of people in the coming month, because "profits". Fail.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 10:31 AM
Yep, & has been for decades.

"novel" More fail.

Thread
03-16-2020, 10:34 AM
"novel" More fail.

Next to nary solace for those millions thru the decades.

Monostradamus
03-16-2020, 10:36 AM
I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins.......It was Johnny Hopkins, and Sloan Kettering, and they were blazin that shit up everyday.

baseline bum
03-16-2020, 10:43 AM
I been checking on redtube

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 10:53 AM
Next to nary solace for those millions thru the decades.

red herring. even more fail.

Thread
03-16-2020, 10:54 AM
red herring. even more fail.

...because you ain't one of the millions. You've been blessed. You & I didn't even know about those millions till Corona.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 11:36 AM
:lol DMC whining about other posters again.

SnakeBoy
03-16-2020, 12:06 PM
I been checking on redtube

Bet they have some good coronavirus treatment vids amirite?

pgardn
03-16-2020, 12:49 PM
Winehole finds some of the most useful info from a wide variety of sources. Snakeboy has had a bad case of the flu so now he is deadly serious about this issue?

So Winehole brings out the violins, when we constantly get “but, but... if Hillary was president” as a part of almost any discussion from the red team.

Again, the contradictions from the red team are self-induced vomit worthy.

DarrinS
03-16-2020, 12:52 PM

You may not have noticed, but I've been taking this much more seriously over the past several days.

pgardn
03-16-2020, 12:59 PM
You may not have noticed, but I've been taking this much more seriously over the past several days.

Keep a close eye on your parents.
If they start feeling bad make sure they take it easy, if you can.
Maybe monitor temperature closely if you are able to.

spurraider21
03-16-2020, 01:09 PM
m4a isn't government "run" healthcare any more than SNAPS is "government run food". its paid for by the govt through taxes. doesnt mean all doctors and hospitals become government employees

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 01:13 PM
...because you ain't one of the millions. You've been blessed. You & I didn't even know about those millions till Corona.

I do, and did. I always pay attention. It has been my job for my adult life to do so. Add another stone in the fail pile.

This will kill more people than the flu, was foreseen by experts, and made worse by the stupidity of conservatives.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 01:18 PM

https://pics.me.me/welcome-to-the-party-pal-19282323.png

I have been pointing out to you for over a decade that your information sources are lying to you, and you have been sucking up those lies without ever thinking for yourself.

Your first impulse here was to parrot those lies.

Baby steps I guess.

Next step: being honest about the Trump administration's grabasstic response:

Was firing the pandemic team at the white house a good idea?

DMC
03-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Winehole finds some of the most useful info from a wide variety of sources. Snakeboy has had a bad case of the flu so now he is deadly serious about this issue?

So Winehole brings out the violins, when we constantly get “but, but... if Hillary was president” as a part of almost any discussion from the red team.

Again, the contradictions from the red team are self-induced vomit worthy.

Well if it's self-induced then what does that have to do with them?

DMC
03-16-2020, 01:27 PM
m4a isn't government "run" healthcare any more than SNAPS is "government run food". its paid for by the govt through taxes. doesnt mean all doctors and hospitals become government employees

By your definition the military also isn't government-run because they have civilian contractors.

spurraider21
03-16-2020, 01:30 PM
By your definition the military also isn't government-run because they have civilian contractors.
terrible comparison. the military is directly controlled by the government. the president is the commander in chief. it's not just a question of funding there.

but you knew that already

Spurs Homer
03-16-2020, 01:32 PM

I have been pointing out to you for over a decade that your information sources are lying to you, and you have been sucking up those lies without ever thinking for yourself.

Baby steps I guess.

boom!

good luck getting an honest answer...

Thread
03-16-2020, 01:38 PM
I do, and did. I always pay attention. It has been my job for my adult life to do so. Add another stone in the fail pile.

This will kill more people than the flu, was foreseen by experts, and made worse by the stupidity of conservatives.

...over a million have died of the flu the last (2/two) decades in this country. You're saying Corona will kill more than a million people?

Thread
03-16-2020, 01:39 PM

Baby steps I guess.

I got no problem answering that query..."No, it was not a good idea."

DMC
03-16-2020, 04:19 PM
terrible comparison. the military is directly controlled by the government. the president is the commander in chief. it's not just a question of funding there.

but you knew that already

If you control the funding you basically control the business (or the politician). This is how feds control states by giving or withholding funds.

spurraider21
03-16-2020, 04:37 PM
If you control the funding you basically control the business (or the politician). This is how feds control states by giving or withholding funds.
people who currently have medicare/medicaid dont get "government controlled health care"

DarrinS
03-16-2020, 04:38 PM

Baby steps I guess.

TSA
03-16-2020, 05:12 PM

Baby steps I guess.

No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/16/no-white-house-didnt-dissolve-its-pandemic-response-office/

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 05:20 PM
Retcon squad has arrived.

Monostradamus
03-16-2020, 05:24 PM
Washington Post good now :lmao

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:25 PM
Retcon squad has arrived.

They are going to polish this turd hard.

spurraider21
03-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Washington Post good now :lmao
cia mouthpiece

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:28 PM
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

This is probably the most comprehensive info site out there, and seems to be updated regularly.

Please post other legit sites if they have different tools or metrics.

Fake coronavirus outbreak maps are floating around online, spreading malware
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/coronavirus-outbreak-maps-malware/

Link in the OP is the right one, but everybody should be careful when trying to find this info.

Winehole23
03-16-2020, 05:32 PM
They are going to polish this turd hard.Double and triple down on Trump's incompetence, contempt for the law and uncaring self-absorption. Nothing else to do but support the creepy leader cult.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:32 PM
No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/16/no-white-house-didnt-dissolve-its-pandemic-response-office/

"senior fellow at the Hudson institute" :lmao

Sure buddy.

i think that is the way you tend to treat info right? ad hominem?

Thread
03-16-2020, 05:39 PM

Sure buddy.

So, now the fact is in the lurch.

Thread
03-16-2020, 05:41 PM

If true. If Trump did indeed fire the pandemic team.

That assumption is in doubt now.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:41 PM
The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.

https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2018/03/rating-true.pngTrue
About this rating

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

Legum outlined a series of cost-cutting decisions made by the Trump administration in preceding years that had gutted the nation’s infectious disease defense infrastructure. The “pandemic response team” firing claim referred to news accounts from Spring 2018 reporting that White House officials tasked with directing a national response to a pandemic had been ousted.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid a reorganization of the council by then-National Security Advisor John Bolton, and Ziemer’s team was disbanded. Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” had been fired one month prior.

It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mormonpolitics/comments/fjp1xd/top_white_house_official_in_charge_of_pandemic/

https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/emergency-preparedness/top-white-house-official-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

Ziemer’s last day was Tuesday, the same day a new Ebola outbreak was declared in Congo. He is not being replaced.

Pandemic preparedness and global health security are issues that require government-wide responses, experts say, as well as the leadership of a high-ranking official within the White House who is assigned only this role.

It checks out you lying sacks of shit.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:44 PM

Not really an assumption. It is a verifiable fact that Trump fired the team as a cost cutting measure. It was not replaced.

RIGHT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/hudson-institute/

Trainwreck2100
03-16-2020, 05:46 PM

he, himself said that he did

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Double and triple down on Trump's incompetence, contempt for the law and uncaring self-absorption. Nothing else to do but support the creepy leader cult.

Neither one of them looked past the headline. It said something that made Trump look less like a fucking idiot, so they lapped up the vomitus, without critical thinking.

I remember this news bit very specifically, and thought at the time it was fucking dumb.

Spurminator
03-16-2020, 05:52 PM

Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.

:lol Trump-appointed former NSC Director disputes accusations that the team he lead was understaffed, because of course he does.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:57 PM
he, himself said that he did

https://youtu.be/L95RL8xc-D4

He bragged about the cuts, just last month.

vy65
03-16-2020, 05:57 PM
boom!

good luck getting an honest answer...

Darrin educated himself on the subject and changed his mind. Trying to shit on him is a really fucking stupid thing to do.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 05:59 PM

Honesty. Props.

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 06:01 PM
Darrin educated himself on the subject and changed his mind. Trying to shit on him is a really fucking stupid thing to do.

No, I am genuinely impressed. Baby steps.

Like admitting that saying we should let kids starve might be a shitty thing to say. Just sayin

TSA
03-16-2020, 06:03 PM
Neither one of them looked past the headline. It said something that made Trump look less like a fucking idiot, so they lapped up the vomitus, without critical thinking.

I remember this news bit very specifically, and thought at the time it was fucking dumb.

Clearly you didn’t read past the headline.

“ It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, “dissolved the office” at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness. Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.”

“ When I joined the National Security Council staff in 2018, I inherited a strong and skilled staff in the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate. This team of national experts together drafted the National Biodefense Strategy of 2018 and an accompanying national security presidential memorandum to implement it; an executive order to modernize influenza vaccines; and coordinated the United States’ response to the Ebola epidemic in Congo, which was ultimately defeated in 2020.”

“ One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

The reduction of force in the NSC has continued since I departed the White House. But it has left the biodefense staff unaffected — perhaps a recognition of the importance of that mission to the president, who, after all, in 2018 issued a presidential memorandum to finally create real accountability in the federal government’s expansive biodefense system.“

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 06:05 PM

“ It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, “dissolved the office” at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness. Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.”

“ When I joined the National Security Council staff in 2018, I inherited a strong and skilled staff in the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate. This team of national experts together drafted the National Biodefense Strategy of 2018 and an accompanying national security presidential memorandum to implement it; an executive order to modernize influenza vaccines; and coordinated the United States’ response to the Ebola epidemic in Congo, which was ultimately defeated in 2020.”

“ One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

The reduction of force in the NSC has continued since I departed the White House. But it has left the biodefense staff unaffected — perhaps a recognition of the importance of that mission to the president, who, after all, in 2018 issued a presidential memorandum to finally create real accountability in the federal government’s expansive biodefense system.“

Yes, I read it. Nice try.

It is a self-serving apologia that is more than contradicted by other accounts, and Trump himself.

Thread
03-16-2020, 06:23 PM
Honesty. Props.

Again, if true. There is doubt now on that assertion.

TSA
03-16-2020, 06:28 PM

It is a self-serving apologia that is more than contradicted by other accounts, and Trump himself.

You truly believe the US has no biodefense team at the NSC? :lol

Spurs Homer
03-16-2020, 07:27 PM

maybe on that ONE issue - the virus response -

sure

vy65
03-16-2020, 08:48 PM
maybe on that ONE issue - the virus response -

sure

Who cares. That was a respectable move. Why are you piling on like faggot?

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 09:20 PM

The reduction of force in the NSC has continued since I departed the White House. But it has left the biodefense staff unaffected — perhaps a recognition of the importance of that mission to the president, who, after all, in 2018 issued a presidential memorandum to finally create real accountability in the federal government’s expansive biodefense system.“So who is accountable for the current shitshow?

ChumpDumper
03-16-2020, 09:20 PM
You truly believe the US has no biodefense team at the NSC? :lolWho is it?

I'd love to see an org chart.

Spurs Homer
03-16-2020, 09:45 PM

What are you his boyfriend?

RandomGuy
03-16-2020, 11:29 PM
You truly believe the US has no biodefense team at the NSC? :lol

Provide an org chart of the pandemic response unit. You really believe Trump is competent? :lol

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:05 AM
Trump blah blah blah

yeah fired blah blah blah

Yeah and the right blah blah blah

Yeah I agree, and Trump blah blah blah

Ok. I did my part.

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:07 AM

Trump doesn't fucking know.

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:08 AM

Because Sbm is a faggot

SnakeBoy
03-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Another tracker with timeline slider so you can visualize the world getting infected since this started

http://ncov.bii.virginia.edu/dashboard/

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Trump doesn't fucking know.

So, you are saying he is not incompetent because he didn't fire the pandemic response team, he is incompetent because he hired someone who is that incompetent and was not competent enough to keep track of what his incompetent hire was doing.

Got it. :lol

...and you are taking a conman who straight up admits he never cops to anything bad at his word. :rollin

TSA
03-17-2020, 10:53 AM
It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time.
:lol snopes

Current and former officials maintain that the structural change has not resulted in a loss of expertise. A spokesman for the NSC said that officials responding to the pandemic within that unit have “extensive experience and expertise in virology, infectious disease epidemiology, global health security, public health, and emergency response,” and a former official said that the WMD directorate, which absorbed the global health security office, “had the same people, the same expertise, with no loss of efficiency as our response to the Ebola virus in Congo showed.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/12/america-national-security-viral-threat-126574

https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/biodefense-strategy/PublishingImages/Biodefense-Enterprise-Structurev6.jpg

Biodefense is a national effort. Protecting Americans from biological threats requires the involvement of nearly every federal department. Together, we will coordinate federal biodefense efforts and use all appropriate means to assess, understand, prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from biological incidents.

The National Biodefense Strategy and the Presidential Memorandum on the Support for Biodefense outline a structure for interagency cooperation to ensure that biodefense efforts are integrated, comprehensive, efficient, and effective.

Achieving these goals requires participation from federal, state, local, territorial, tribal, and other governments, practitioners, physicians, scientists, educators, and industry.

The National Security Presidential Memorandum, "Support for National Biodefense" creates a dedicated mechanism, housed within the Department of Health and Human Services, to coordinate federal biodefense activities and assess the effectiveness with which the National Biodefense Strategy goals and objectives are being met.

The Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (APNSA) will serve as lead for policy coordination and review, providing strategic input and policy oversight for federal biodefense efforts.

The Biodefense Steering Committee (BSC), chaired by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the execution of the strategy and its implementation plan, and ensuring coordination with domestic and international government and nongovernmental partners. As Chair of the Committee, the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall serve as the federal lead for implementation of the Strategy.

The Biodefense Coordination Team (BCT) will assist the Committee in coordinating implementation of the Strategy.

The National Security Presidential Memorandum also describes a process by which the Biodefense Steering Committee and Biodefense Coordination Team will work with federal departments and agencies (D/As), the National Security Council (NSC) staff, and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to assess how effectively the goals and objectives of the National Biodefense Strategy are being met. The results of this process will inform the annual budget cycle, ensuring that biodefense resources are managed effectively to assess, prevent, protect against, respond to, and recover from biological incidents.

https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/biodefense-strategy/Pages/interagency-collection.aspx

GOVERNANCE

The NSPM that accompanies the issuance of this National Biodefense Strategycreates a dedicated mechanism, housed within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, to coordinate federal biodefense activities and assess the effectiveness with which the National Biodefense Strategy’sgoals and objectives are being met. Led by the President of the United States and coordinated by the National Security Council staff in the Executive Office of the President, with day-to-day coordination and execution by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, this mechanism will continually assess how effectively the objectives of the National Biodefense Strategy are being met.

The Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs will, in acting through the process described in NSPM-4, Organization of the National Security Council, the Homeland Security Council, and Subcommittees, serve as the lead for policy coordination and review, providing strategic input and policy oversight for federal biodefense efforts.

The Biodefense Steering Committee, chaired by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and comprising the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Defense, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Agriculture, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the execution of the strategy and its implementation plan, and ensuring federal coordination with domestic and international government and non-governmental partners.

The Chair of the Biodefense Steering Committee, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, will serve as the federal lead for implementation of the strategy. The heads of other agencies with responsibilities or capabilities pertaining to biodefense shall participate in the Biodefense Steering Committee, as appropriate. This coordination and oversight mechanism also has a mandate to reach beyond the Federal Government to engage with SLTT, non-federal, and non-governmental stakeholders. Further, the recommendations and feedback stemming from this governance mechanism will be communicated back to departments and agencies in synchronization with the annual budget cycle. Recognizing that threats, actors, and biodefense-related science and technology are constantly evolving, the governance mechanisms will be adaptive, reviewing and recommending changes, as appropriate, in the National Biodefense Strategyand its implementation plan.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/National-Biodefense-Strategy.pdf

ChumpDumper
03-17-2020, 10:57 AM
Well, I for one am glad "Senior Official" is on the case.

Winehole23
03-17-2020, 02:48 PM
Classic TSA smokescreen -- the wall of text no one reads and he gives no take on.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 03:01 PM
:lol snopes

Current and former officials maintain that the structural change has not resulted in a loss of expertise. A spokesman for the NSC said that officials responding to the pandemic within that unit have “extensive experience and expertise in virology, infectious disease epidemiology, global health security, public health, and emergency response,” and a former official said that the WMD directorate, which absorbed the global health security office, “had the same people, the same expertise, with no loss of efficiency as our response to the Ebola virus in Congo showed.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/12/america-national-security-viral-threat-126574

But former officials who worked on the Ebola and H1N1 responses worry that the steady downsizing of the NSC and the elimination of a unit charged with global health and security has further hindered a government response that was bungled early on by confusion and mismanagement.

“I’ve been briefed on every contingency you could possibly imagine,” the president said on Tuesday when asked whether he’d been briefed on the possibility that 100 million Americans could ultimately be exposed to the virus. “Many contingencies. A lot of positive. Different numbers, all different numbers, very large numbers, and some small numbers too.”

:lol snopes = ad hominem

Putting only the quote from the article that supports your position = cherry picking.

As part of my volunteer work, I have studied disaster management.

Responding to crises, you need high level coordination of type that was there before, i.e. a specific team at the white house, as close to the president as possible.

Dissolving that team, and pushing responsibility down to "The Biodefense Steering Committee", and thinking you have the same capabilities or responsiveness, is asinine.

"they didn't fire these experts over here, just the ones at the top" :rollin

I guess. Logical fallacies, and a lack of critical thinking.

I would bother asking you a critical thinking question, but know you do not care about honesty, so ... fuck off and go fap to some Qanon tweets or something.

In the end snopes assessment stands, and NOTHING in your article actually contradicts it:

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 03:08 PM
In January 2019, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence ranked a major disease outbreak among the top global threats to watch, warning: “We assess that the United States and the world will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support.” The administration also released a whole 30-page National Biodefense Strategy in 2018.

But the Trump administration never devoted resources commensurate with the perceived danger, critics have charged, and President Trump has acknowledged he was caught off guard. “Who would have thought?” he asked during a visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last week. “Who would have thought we would even be having the subject?”

Fucking moron. His administration knew. He should have known.

TSA
03-17-2020, 03:11 PM

Putting only the quote from the article that supports your position = cherry picking.

Responding to crises, you need high level coordination of type that was there before, i.e. a specific team at the white house, as close to the president as possible.

Dissolving that team, and pushing responsibility down to "The Biodefense Steering Committee", and thinking you have the same capabilities or responsiveness, is asinine.

"they didn't fire these experts over here, just the ones at the top" :rollin

I guess. Logical fallacies, and a lack of critical thinking.

I would bother asking you a critical thinking question, but know you do not care about honesty, so ... fuck off and go fap to some Qanon tweets or something.

In the end snopes assessment stands, and NOTHING in your article actually contradicts it:

You seem to have forgotten your position.

They are going to polish this turd hard.

Sure buddy.

The Trump administration fired the U.S. pandemic response team in 2018 to cut costs.

True
About this rating

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

Legum outlined a series of cost-cutting decisions made by the Trump administration in preceding years that had gutted the nation’s infectious disease defense infrastructure. The “pandemic response team” firing claim referred to news accounts from Spring 2018 reporting that White House officials tasked with directing a national response to a pandemic had been ousted.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer abruptly departed from his post leading the global health security team on the National Security Council in May 2018 amid a reorganization of the council by then-National Security Advisor John Bolton, and Ziemer’s team was disbanded. Tom Bossert, whom the Washington Post reported “had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks,” had been fired one month prior.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mormonpolit...e_of_pandemic/

https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matte...xits-abruptly/

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

Ziemer’s last day was Tuesday, the same day a new Ebola outbreak was declared in Congo. He is not being replaced.

Pandemic preparedness and global health security are issues that require government-wide responses, experts say, as well as the leadership of a high-ranking official within the White House who is assigned only this role.

It checks out you lying sacks of shit.

Not really an assumption. It is a verifiable fact that Trump fired the team as a cost cutting measure. It was not replaced.

Provide an org chart of the pandemic response unit. You really believe Trump is competent?

TSA
03-17-2020, 03:14 PM

Disproving what you bolded in extra large font is not cherry picking :lol

It’s thus true that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it, eliminating Ziemer’s position and reassigning others, although Bolton was the executive at the top of the National Security Council chain of command at the time

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 04:56 PM
You seem to have forgotten your position.

Nope. Not sure what you are trying to get at. Once again, you can't be bothered to spell it out, wanting to, instead, vomit out a wall of text.

I'm not the only one to notice the fucking self-serving stupidity of the op-ed you linked.

-------------------------------------------------------

Donald Trump Didn’t Disband Pandemic Team, He Did Far Worse
How Ford v. Ferrari can explain Trump's incompetence.

When we started hearing that the Trump administration sowed the seeds for the lackluster response to this outbreak by firing the nation’s whole pandemic preparedness team a few years ago, it was genuinely disturbing how unsurprising it was.

But former administration officials are now pushing back against the report that Trump recklessly fired the response team of experts by claiming… he didn’t dissolve the team at all. An odd flex given that Donald Trump already admitted that he fired everyone in the office, explaining that he didn’t want people on the payroll when there wasn’t an active threat and “when we need them, we can get them back very quickly.”

And while being comically contradicted by Trump himself should end the inquiry, the managerial lackeys who actually staked their careers on this debacle are taking to the press to try and defend their crumbling professional reputations.

Tim Morrison, a former NSC official, wrote to the Washington Post claiming, “No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.” It’s an editorial earning a lot of plaudits from John Bolton, Morrison’s former boss. who is also deeply implicated in this move since he oversaw the decision. Right-wing Twitter is sending it around in… I don’t know… some kind of weird attempt to claim that whatever Trump did with the team isn’t why the response has been so badly botched?

It’s also an editorial that seems to woefully misunderstand both “pandemics” and “preparedness.”

Morrison’s claim is that he ran the successor organization to the pandemic preparedness group, a move that cut most of the minds behind the original, but…

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

This is where we can all take a lesson from Ford v. Ferrari.

When you take a highly specialized racing unit and say, “we’re making changes, firing your people, and putting you under the domestic sedan unit,” well, you end up losing Le Mans.

Morrison and Bolton are publicly arguing that they aren’t responsible for dismantling a highly praised pandemic team because they buried its mission under the auspices of an arms control and bioterror unit. Except those are security threats predicated upon predicting and remediating human state and non-state actors. Where, exactly, does a group born out of influenza responses fit? Because when your leadership is a bioterrorism hammer, everything becomes a nail. This is how you end up with 800 scenarios for a nerve gas attack on public transit and 0 scenarios for dealing with an asymptomatic pneumoniatic flu.

Like the revolving door corporate hacks that they are, the administration made its cuts about “efficiency” rather than “results” and somehow has the gall to pretend they were right when the whole operation crashes around them. Diseases might come from bioterrorism, but they’re far more likely to come from the serendipity of mutation. If some entity were planning a bioterror attack, it would focus on agents that are highly lethal and, necessarily, not highly contagious — diseases can’t survive when they kill the host. This is precisely why an organization charged with gameplanning terrorist attacks is ill-suited to deal with traditional pandemics. The whole frame of reference is wrong.

Dissolving the team would have been bad, but what the administration actually did was far worse. What they actually did was slit the throat of America’s preparedness for an outbreak like this while convincing themselves they still had a plan. Senior administration officials honestly believed they had this covered by their cut-rate bioterror team. The whole operation revolves around the idea that there’s someone to attack, someone to blame, someone to fire. But there’s no villain here and they can’t seem to grasp what to do about that.

If only they had some sort of “team” charged with “preparing” for something like this…

https://abovethelaw.com/2020/03/donald-trump-didnt-disband-pandemic-team-he-did-far-worse/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In essence, yes, the pandemic response team was axed. Moving the responsibilities into another group that didn't really understand the requirements didn't mean the people who were given those responsibilities understood the parameters of the risks they faced.

DMC
03-17-2020, 08:04 PM
So, you are saying he is not incompetent because he didn't fire the pandemic response team, he is incompetent because he hired someone who is that incompetent and was not competent enough to keep track of what his incompetent hire was doing.

Got it. :lol

...and you are taking a conman who straight up admits he never cops to anything bad at his word. :rollin

I cannot recall ever having a competent POTUS. They had zero experience at it when hired.

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2020, 09:04 PM
The Truth behind 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐮𝐬!

https://youtu.be/IFBpT-x0DVQ

DMC
03-17-2020, 09:35 PM
If you're trying to push misinformation on the virus you should be bannedPERIOD

Winehole23
03-17-2020, 10:36 PM
If you're trying to push misinformation on the virus you should be bannedPERIODyou were saying it was no worse than the flu a week ago.

TeyshaBlue
03-17-2020, 11:18 PM
you were saying it was no worse than the flu a week ago.

To be fair, alot of people did until information was presented otherwise. I entertained those thoughts as well, initially. I certainly don't now.

Winehole23
03-17-2020, 11:56 PM
To be fair, alot of people did until information was presented otherwise. I entertained those thoughts as well, initially. I certainly don't now.A year and a half to "wash its way through"

Hopefully we get a good vaccine..

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/news--wuhan-coronavirus/

Winehole23
03-18-2020, 12:19 AM
Maybe the Army Corps of Engineers could like, build a hospital, or something?

DMC
03-18-2020, 12:45 AM

Opinion isnt information.

Are you really going to equate early opinion with propaganda?

DMC
03-18-2020, 12:49 AM
Nope. Not sure what you are trying to get at. Once again, you can't be bothered to spell it out, wanting to, instead, vomit out a wall of text.

I'm not the only one to notice the fucking self-serving stupidity of the op-ed you linked.

When we started hearing that the Trump administration sowed the seeds for the lackluster response to this outbreak by firing the nation’s whole pandemic preparedness team a few years ago, it was genuinely disturbing how unsurprising it was.

But former administration officials are now pushing back against the report that Trump recklessly fired the response team of experts by claiming… he didn’t dissolve the team at all. An odd flex given that Donald Trump already admitted that he fired everyone in the office, explaining that he didn’t want people on the payroll when there wasn’t an active threat and “when we need them, we can get them back very quickly.”

And while being comically contradicted by Trump himself should end the inquiry, the managerial lackeys who actually staked their careers on this debacle are taking to the press to try and defend their crumbling professional reputations.

Tim Morrison, a former NSC official, wrote to the Washington Post claiming, “No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.” It’s an editorial earning a lot of plaudits from John Bolton, Morrison’s former boss. who is also deeply implicated in this move since he oversaw the decision. Right-wing Twitter is sending it around in… I don’t know… some kind of weird attempt to claim that whatever Trump did with the team isn’t why the response has been so badly botched?

It’s also an editorial that seems to woefully misunderstand both “pandemics” and “preparedness.”

Morrison’s claim is that he ran the successor organization to the pandemic preparedness group, a move that cut most of the minds behind the original, but…

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

When you take a highly specialized racing unit and say, “we’re making changes, firing your people, and putting you under the domestic sedan unit,” well, you end up losing Le Mans.

Morrison and Bolton are publicly arguing that they aren’t responsible for dismantling a highly praised pandemic team because they buried its mission under the auspices of an arms control and bioterror unit. Except those are security threats predicated upon predicting and remediating human state and non-state actors. Where, exactly, does a group born out of influenza responses fit? Because when your leadership is a bioterrorism hammer, everything becomes a nail. This is how you end up with 800 scenarios for a nerve gas attack on public transit and 0 scenarios for dealing with an asymptomatic pneumoniatic flu.

Like the revolving door corporate hacks that they are, the administration made its cuts about “efficiency” rather than “results” and somehow has the gall to pretend they were right when the whole operation crashes around them. Diseases might come from bioterrorism, but they’re far more likely to come from the serendipity of mutation. If some entity were planning a bioterror attack, it would focus on agents that are highly lethal and, necessarily, not highly contagious — diseases can’t survive when they kill the host. This is precisely why an organization charged with gameplanning terrorist attacks is ill-suited to deal with traditional pandemics. The whole frame of reference is wrong.

Dissolving the team would have been bad, but what the administration actually did was far worse. What they actually did was slit the throat of America’s preparedness for an outbreak like this while convincing themselves they still had a plan. Senior administration officials honestly believed they had this covered by their cut-rate bioterror team. The whole operation revolves around the idea that there’s someone to attack, someone to blame, someone to fire. But there’s no villain here and they can’t seem to grasp what to do about that.

If only they had some sort of “team” charged with “preparing” for something like this…

https://abovethelaw.com/2020/03/donald-trump-didnt-disband-pandemic-team-he-did-far-worse/

In essence, yes, the pandemic response team was axed. Moving the responsibilities into another group that didn't really understand the requirements didn't mean the people who were given those responsibilities understood the parameters of the risks they faced.

Its hard to take you seriously since your rhetoric is maxed out.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2020, 01:31 AM
THE HIDDEN AGENDA (Coronavirus) FOR THE WORLDWIDE SHUTDOWN-

https://youtu.be/68td1kVzFaI

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 02:37 AM
[vacuous personal attack].

No-take McGurk strikes again.

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 02:40 AM

If that opinion is driven by propaganda, it seems the correct conclusion. If you thought this was no worse than the flu, then you were told what to think, were lazy and didn't bother checking to see if the lie was a lie, and you got suckered.

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 02:42 AM
To be fair, alot of people did until information was presented otherwise. I entertained those thoughts as well, initially. I certainly don't now.

The experts were saying almost from day one that this was worse.

The ONLY people saying it wasn't any worse than the flu was the Trump administration, then when it became canon, Fox propaganda network. "A lot of people" are idiots, who let that channel do their thinking for them.

ElNono
03-18-2020, 03:00 AM
Maybe the Army Corps of Engineers could like, build a hospital, or something?

They need to figure out who in the private sector will receive the shiny new hospital once the pandemic is over, tbh

TeyshaBlue
03-18-2020, 07:50 AM

The ONLY people saying it wasn't any worse than the flu was the Trump administration, then when it became canon, Fox propaganda network. "A lot of people" are idiots, who let that channel do their thinking for them.

"A lot of people" don't have the luxury of browsing the internet all day at work. Your ascertastion that the ONLY people saying it wasnt worse than the flu is bullshit. Hell, 3 months ago this virus was not known to science so the ground was fertile for misinformation. I, and many others in my circle are not Trump supporters nor do we watch Fox...and we certainly don't lash out at people with different views. Your continuing preponderance of lumping opposing viewpoints together and labeling them is lazy and dishonest. Stop that shit.

Winehole23
03-18-2020, 08:20 AM

The opinion last week wasn't that novel coronavirus was about as bad as the common flu -- that was the propaganda, and you pushed it.

Disinformation then, disinformation now.

DMC
03-18-2020, 08:38 AM
The opinion last week wasn't that novel coronavirus was about as bad as the common flu -- that was the propaganda, and you pushed it.

Disinformation then, disinformation now.
Quote me

Winehole23
03-18-2020, 08:43 AM
Quote meYou know what you said. Last week isn't an early opinion, that's rather late to be a denier, tbh.

Monostradamus
03-18-2020, 08:43 AM

Most of the world didn’t take this threat seriously enough. Yeah Trump dropped the ball, but so did almost every other world leader. It’s not like the Paris Agreement where Trump is the one big idiot.

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 08:46 AM
"A lot of people" don't have the luxury of browsing the internet all day at work. Your ascertastion that the ONLY people saying it wasnt worse than the flu is bullshit. Hell, 3 months ago this virus was not known to science so the ground was fertile for misinformation. I, and many others in my circle are not Trump supporters nor do we watch Fox...and we certainly don't lash out at people with different views. Your continuing preponderance of lumping opposing viewpoints together and labeling them is lazy and dishonest. Stop that shit.

Dude, Fox propaganda network sets the agenda and the talking points, after Trump has uttered it. I have been cooped up with my dad, and have listened to the conservative bubble babble. First the talking heads are saying things, then you hear the echos on talk radio.

You probably don't watch Fox propaganda network news. You might not listen to talk radio. But these things are part of the echo chamber. The game of telephone until what ever source you DO watch or listen to picks it up, because it becomes some sort of dogma or canon.

I repeat the ONLY people saying it was "just the flu' was the administration trying to downplay the severity, because Trump doesn't listen to briefings, and didn't wan't to be bothered with bad news. Trump said it, Fox news amplified it, and that was that.

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 08:47 AM
Most of the world didn’t take this threat seriously enough. Yeah Trump dropped the ball, but so did almost every other world leader. It’s not like the Paris Agreement where Trump is the one big idiot.

True in this case.

Boris Johnson's response has been worse.

picnroll
03-18-2020, 08:55 AM
Dude, Fox propaganda network sets the agenda and the talking points, after Trump has uttered it. I have been cooped up with my dad, and have listened to the conservative bubble babble. First the talking heads are saying things, then you hear the echos on talk radio.

You probably don't watch Fox propaganda network news. You might not listen to talk radio. But these things are part of the echo chamber. The game of telephone until what ever source you DO watch or listen to picks it up, because it becomes some sort of dogma or canon.

I repeat the ONLY people saying it was "just the flu' was the administration trying to downplay the severity, because Trump doesn't listen to briefings, and didn't wan't to be bothered with bad news. Trump said it, Fox news amplified it, and that was that.
Trump and Fox are an idiots feedback loop. Trump says something stupid Fox echoes it, Fox says something stupid Trump enacts it as policy.

Thread
03-18-2020, 09:06 AM

It ain't the flu. The flu has killed over 8 thousand people in this country already this year.

Corona about 100 killed.

Winehole23
03-18-2020, 09:33 AM
It ain't the flu. The flu has killed over 8 thousand people in this country already this year.

Corona about 100 killed.DMC last week was a variant of what you're saying, Thread

"How is novel coronavirus any different from the seasonal flu?"

picnroll
03-18-2020, 09:35 AM

Corona about 100 killed.
So when it surpasses 8,000 will you acknowledge your stupid. If not enough pick the I’m stupid number.

Spurs Homer
03-18-2020, 09:48 AM

It is actually worse than that;

Trump is given the most accurate top secret classified info- every fucking day.

Trump willfully received the correct info and deliberately spun it because he thought it might benefit HIM

He KNEW he was gaslighting america and he KNEW the shit was dangerous but he does not give a fuck-
he hates humans and is the reason why he has lied to HIS OWN SUPPORTERS for 4 plus years.

When someone feels contempt for you- they lie to your face 24/7- knowing that you are an idiot and will open wide and swallow whole. i think trump hates his supporters just as much as his detractors because he lies to ALL of them.

He knew his bullshit would cost many lives and did not give a fuck.

If the virus was from mexico - one can only imagine how many millions of beds and tents and respirators trump and stephen miller would have had built by now.

boutons_deux
03-18-2020, 10:38 AM
If the virus was from mexico - one can only imagine how many millions of beds and tents and respirators trump and stephen miller would have had built by now.

??? they, infected or not, are being turned away to be abused, raped, forced into gangs, killed

TSA
03-18-2020, 10:39 AM

You said the pandemic response team was axed, you were shown it wasn't.

You asked for an org chart and you were given one.

You whine about an op-ed and wall of text and then vomit out an opinion piece wall of text from an anti-Trump website.

You are a fucking joke :lol

baseline bum
03-18-2020, 11:06 AM
Site seems broken now

SnakeBoy
03-18-2020, 12:38 PM
Site seems broken now

What site?

baseline bum
03-18-2020, 12:43 PM
What site?

redtube.com

SnakeBoy
03-18-2020, 01:03 PM
redtube.com

xhamster is working fine

baseline bum
03-18-2020, 01:09 PM
xhamster is working fine

They make me create an account to get fullscreen on the live models though. At least if you go through an Italian proxy you get Pornhub Premium gratis.

DMC
03-18-2020, 01:19 PM
You know what you said. Last week isn't an early opinion, that's rather late to be a denier, tbh.
What are the symptoms of this coronavirus?
The symptoms can include a cough, possibly with a fever and shortness of breath. There are some early reports of non-respiratory symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Many people recover within a few days. However, some people — especially the very young, elderly, or people who have a weakened immune system — may develop a more serious infection, such as bronchitis or pneumonia.

How is it treated?
Scientists are working hard to understand the virus, and Chinese health authorities have posted its full genome in international databases. Currently, there are no approved antivirals for this particular coronavirus, so treatment is supportive. For the sickest patients with this illness, specialized, aggressive care in an intensive care unit (ICU) can be lifesaving.

Should you worry about catching this virus?
Unless you’ve been in close contact with someone who has the coronavirus — which right now, typically means a traveler from Wuhan, China who actually has the virus — you’re likely to be safe. In the US, for example, only two cases of the virus have been confirmed so far, although this is likely to change.

While we don’t yet understand the particulars of how this virus spreads, coronaviruses usually spread through droplets containing large particles that typically can only be suspended in the air for three to six feet before dissipating. By contrast, measles or varicella (chickenpox) spread through smaller droplets over much greater distances. Some coronaviruses also have been found in the stool of certain individuals.

So it’s likely that coughs or sneezes from an infected person may spread the virus. It’s too early to say whether another route of transmission, fecal-oral contact, might also spread this particular virus.

Basic infectious disease principles are key to curbing the spread of this virus. Wash your hands regularly. Cover coughs and sneezes with your inner elbow. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands. Stay home from work or school if you have a fever. Stay away from people who have signs of a respiratory tract infection, such as runny nose, coughing, and sneezing.

In the US, the average person is at extremely low risk of catching this novel coronavirus. This winter, in fact, we are much more likely to get influenza B — the flu — than any other virus: one in 10 people have influenza each flu season. It’s still not too late to get a flu shot, an easy step toward avoiding the flu. If you do get the flu despite having gotten the vaccine, studies show that severe illness, hospitalization, ICU admission, and death are less likely to occur.

The bottom line
Given the current spread of this virus and the pace and complexity of international travel, the number of cases and deaths will likely to continue to climb. We should not panic, even though we are dealing with a serious and novel pathogen. Public health teams are assembling. Lessons learned from other serious viruses, such as SARS and MERS, will help. As more information becomes available, public health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in the US and the World Health Organization (WHO) will be sharing key information and strategies worldwide.

Spreading misinformation seems to be the new 3rd world troll shtick.

Spreading misinformation. They got their pee pee smacked for that already.

I don't trust scientific news out of 3rd world countries. They apply liberal amounts of confirmation bias along with flat out lying to avoid being either dismissed or shot.

Here is some of the things I said about it beginning in January.

So if you can't cite what you're claiming I said then just shut up.

Thread
03-18-2020, 01:23 PM
So when it surpasses 8,000 will you acknowledge your stupid. If not enough pick the I’m stupid number.

No. Because by then (even now) more than 8k will have died of regular flu this year alone, over a million thru the last 2 decades. We ain't made a deal, big or otherwise about that million. But, we're making a deal, a big one about 110 dead while some are taking to the beaches of Florida in grief & fear.

C'mon, pic.

Thread
03-18-2020, 01:25 PM
xhamster is working fine

Yep, it's the gold standard.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:11 AM
You said the pandemic response team was axed, you were shown it wasn't.

You asked for an org chart and you were given one.

You whine about an op-ed and wall of text and then vomit out an opinion piece wall of text from an anti-Trump website.

You are a fucking joke :lol

I analyse risk, organizational systems, and mitigation strategies for a living. I am very, very good at, well paid for it, and have tens of thousands of hours experience, and two levels of professional certification in it. I am a real-world expert in this case.

Watching you flail at this is the epitome of dunning-kruger incompetence. You hit google, found the first headline that you think supports your case, without actually reading it or checking the source. You failed to notice that the org chart you posted proves that the group was disbanded, and that the op-ed I posted was correct in its assessment. :lol

The icing on the cake is that your "text from an anti-Trump website" is an ad hominem fallacy.

You didn't recognize your headline was from someone with every motive to lie, didn't understand what you posted, so much so that your own information proved my point, and then finished up with flawed reasoning that failed to address any assertion I or the supporting op-ed made, and commenced to strut around patting yourself on the back at how well you did.

It makes me feel a little sorry for you.

baseline bum
03-19-2020, 06:59 AM

Corona about 100 killed.

The flu hasn't destroyed a first world country's health system since 1919. But corona has wrecked Italy's.

Winehole23
03-19-2020, 08:50 AM
Here is some of the things I said about it beginning in January.

So if you can't cite what you're claiming I said then just shut up.You can find that and not your blithe comparisons to the common flu last week,

Content to speak out both sides of your mouth, I see.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:04 AM

Corona about 100 killed.

150. I don't have any superpowers, but I am better at math than you are.

"a" variable to the log of x for the win.

Thread
03-19-2020, 09:10 AM
150. I don't have any superpowers, but I am better at math than you are.

"a" variable to the log of x for the win.

Over 8k for the flu.
150 for Corona.

Thread
03-19-2020, 09:11 AM
The flu hasn't destroyed a first world country's health system since 1919. But corona has wrecked Italy's.

The fact remains:::

Over 8k deaths due to flu.
150 deaths due to Corona.

Splits
03-19-2020, 09:19 AM
Over 8k for the flu.
150 for Corona.

This stupid schtik is not going to age well...

Thread
03-19-2020, 09:20 AM
This stupid schtik is not going to age well...

It will till you got more than 8k of Corona, by God.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:22 AM
[claims Thread doesn't understand math][math short hand for exponential growth]

[repeats meaningless greater than/less than comparison].

:lol

Well ok then. You go with your bad self. When that changes, I expect you to own that.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:26 AM

Since the start of flu season in October 2019, 2,768,000 cases across the country have been confirmed by laboratory tests, according to data from InfluNet published on January 19.

A total of 488,000 cases were reported last week alone, signalling that flu season is hitting its peak in January as predicted.

240 deaths have so far been reported, slightly lower than the expected 258. Most of the fatal cases are elderly patients who suffered complications after contracting the virus.
https://www.thelocal.it/20200123/flu-outbreak-in-italy-half-a-million-people-struck-down-in-a-week

6 months of data on the flu: 240 deaths.

2 months of data on COVID-19 from the link in the OP: 3k deaths.

Italy on track several weeks ahead of the US. No reason to think the US is really any different.

That you are too stupid to think this is a good point, says all I need to know.

Minimizing this, when all the experts are telling you it is going to be bad, makes you a fucking idiot.

Morally and intellectually bankrupt.

DMC
03-19-2020, 09:33 AM
You can find that and not your blithe comparisons to the common flu last week,

Content to speak out both sides of your mouth, I see.

So baseless accusations good now.

DMC
03-19-2020, 09:34 AM

Wouldn't have to be 80k? That's the annual deaths from flu.

Thread
03-19-2020, 09:38 AM

I'm using the 100k # used like it was nothing before Corona hit. If it was good before Corona, it's even better after Corona.

Thread
03-19-2020, 09:39 AM

Well ok then. You go with your bad self. When that changes, I expect you to own that.

I always own my shit.

It's my religion.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:54 AM
I always own my shit.

It's my religion.

The American hospital association estimates a .5% mortality rate and 96M infections in the next two months.

You, dumb, fuck.

This will be fully ten times worse by expert estimates, using fairly generous assumptions, such as medical capacity not being overwhelmed causing fatality rate to be substantially higher at peak.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:59 AM

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

22-55k. Range due to not being able to fully capture impact.

Thread
03-19-2020, 10:01 AM
The American hospital association estimates a .5% mortality rate and 96M infections in the next two months.

You, dumb, fuck.

This will be fully ten times worse by expert estimates, using fairly generous assumptions, such as medical capacity not being overwhelmed causing fatality rate to be substantially higher at peak.

You always start up with the name calling when you're mad, RG.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:14 AM
So baseless accusations good now.

Never stopped you... :lol

TSA
03-19-2020, 10:14 AM
I analyse risk, organizational systems, and mitigation strategies for a living. I am very, very good at, well paid for it, and have tens of thousands of hours experience, and two levels of professional certification in it. I am a real-world expert in this case.

Watching you flail at this is the epitome of dunning-kruger incompetence. You hit google, found the first headline that you think supports your case, without actually reading it or checking the source. You failed to notice that the org chart you posted proves that the group was disbanded, and that the op-ed I posted was correct in its assessment. :lol

The icing on the cake is that your "text from an anti-Trump website" is an ad hominem fallacy.

You didn't recognize your headline was from someone with every motive to lie, didn't understand what you posted, so much so that your own information proved my point, and then finished up with flawed reasoning that failed to address any assertion I or the supporting op-ed made, and commenced to strut around patting yourself on the back at how well you did.

It makes me feel a little sorry for you.

Your real world expertise doesn't mean shit when you can't remember what you were claiming. You touted Snopes as if it was the final say that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it. The group wasn't disbanded, and the same team, minus a few people, does the same work under a different name.

:lol still thinking the US doesn't have a team to respond to a pandemic
:lol "I'm a real world expert"

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:33 AM
Never stopped you... :lol

Another baseless accusation.

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Your real world expertise doesn't mean shit when you can't remember what you were claiming. You touted Snopes as if it was the final say that the Trump administration axed the executive branch team responsible for coordinating a response to a pandemic and did not replace it. The group wasn't disbanded, and the same team, minus a few people, does the same work under a different name.

But he surfs the interwebs all day and night looking for confirmation bias articles so he has to be an authority on it!

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:40 AM

Eyup. mea culpa.

Serious question:

If someone does something dangerous that imperils others, SHOULD other people get angry at that person?

TSA
03-19-2020, 10:42 AM
But he surfs the interwebs all day and night looking for confirmation bias articles so he has to be an authority on it!

“As part of my volunteer work, I have studied disaster management.”

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:45 AM
“As part of my volunteer work, I have studied disaster management.”

I have. Taken about 12 hours of training. It was a fascinating case study in organizational systems for someone with my professional background. We learned a lot when we flubbed Katrina.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:46 AM

Still thinking you are winning. Knock yourself out, boy.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:47 AM
https://i.redd.it/vrw6m26yojn41.png

Thread
03-19-2020, 10:55 AM
Eyup. mea culpa.

Serious question:

If someone does something dangerous that imperils others, SHOULD other people get angry at that person?

Yes.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 11:05 AM

Yes.

Ok. Good. Contributing to a sense of complacency about a deadly pandemic... is something that imperils others, IMO.

Thread
03-19-2020, 11:08 AM
Ok. Good. Contributing to a sense of complacency about a deadly pandemic... is something that imperils others, IMO.

First, he sealed China. Brilliant move that no one will cite cept Him & the base. & I understand,,,he made President so "you" can't give him credit for anything.

TSA
03-19-2020, 11:24 AM

I have. Taken about 12 hours of training.

I am a real-world expert in this case.

TSA
03-19-2020, 11:25 AM
First, he sealed China.

And was called a racist.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 11:40 AM
First, he sealed China. Brilliant move that no one will cite cept Him & the base. & I understand,,,he made President so "you" can't give him credit for anything.

"sealing China" "no one cites it" = myth of group persecution. Symptom #4 from "10 signs you are in a cult". https://medium.com/@zelphontheshelf/10-signs-youre-probably-in-a-cult-1921eb5a3857

I may not have superpowers, but I know how to do math. It wasn't brilliant, and any epidemiologist would tell you. Travel restrictions slow, but don't stop. It was too little, too late.

Here is "no one" citing it, a mere 17 days ago:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/coronavirus-travel-restrictions/index.html

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 11:42 AM

Strawman.

RG: I am an expert in organizations and risk analysis.

TSA: RG says he is in expert in disaster management.

I am not an expert in disaster management. I am a rank amateur, familiar with the principles.

By all means, keep lying. it is what you do. You do you, boy.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 11:50 AM
US cases as of now, 10755, passing France and SK.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 11:51 AM
And was called a racist.

Nope. Sealing China did not cause anyone to call him a racist. Another lie.

It's like you can't stop yourself.

Mitch
03-19-2020, 11:53 AM
Wooo population more than 3x of both combined passing in case numbers

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:06 PM
I always own my shit.

It's my religion.

You, dumb, fuck.

I notice you dodged the math, after I called you an innumerate dumb fuck.

Do the math. Break out that calculator.

All you have to do, is multiply two numbers together.

96,000,000*.005=?????????????????

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:12 PM
Wooo population more than 3x of both combined passing in case numbers

Two weeks behind both countries, but a good point. China with 1.3Bn people has about 80,000 cases, if anyone believes there official statistics, which no one does.

Mitch
03-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Two weeks behind both countries, but a good point. China with 1.3Bn people has about 80,000 cases, if anyone believes there official statistics, which no one does.

And Germany admitted they aren't testing those dead of influenza symptoms for covid, I think only Italy is honest because they can't hide it :lol

TSA
03-19-2020, 12:14 PM

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1238153685991141379

You really want to play the semantics game? :rollin

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:17 PM
And Germany admitted they aren't testing those dead of influenza symptoms for covid, I think only Italy is honest because they can't hide it :lol

Obituary pages show human toll of COVID-19 in northern Italy
https://www.wmur.com/article/obituary-pages-show-human-toll-of-covid-19-in-northern-italy/31672290#

ITALIAN ARMY TRANSPORTS DOZENS OF COFFINS OUT OF CITY AFTER CREMATORIUM OVERWHELMED WITH CORONAVIRUS DEATHS
https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-italy-bergamo-army-bury-dead-1493194

Same thing happened to the Russians when their troops started dying in the Ukrainian invasion...

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:22 PM
First, he sealed China.

And was called a racist.

[posts a tweet showing Joe Biden not calling travel restrictions racist]

Keep stepping on your dick. It's funny.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:27 PM

Sure.

Your tweet directly claimed that Biden called "it", meaning the travel restrictions, “Hysterical Xenophobia” and “Fear Mongering”

What he actually said: "Donald Trump has a record of Hysterical Xenophobia and Fear Mongering".

You got lied to, then grabbed that steamy turd of a lie with both hands, ran in here and showed it to me. now you are smearing it all over your face and telling me it is not a turd.

:rolleyes

Thread
03-19-2020, 12:41 PM

& I got my #'s:::

Over 8k dead of regular flu.
150 dead of Corona.

Thread
03-19-2020, 12:43 PM
And was called a racist.

Tell it, TSA. Testify!!!

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:45 PM
I always own my shit.

It's my religion.

You, dumb, fuck.

& I got my #'s:::

Over 8k dead of regular flu.
150 dead of Corona.

So multiplying numbers is too much for you.

Got it. Thought for a second you were trying to be 1/2way serious, but are back to trolling, and were totally lying when you said you would own it. Ok then.

Thread
03-19-2020, 12:48 PM
So multiplying numbers is too much for you.

Got it. Thought for a second you were trying to be 1/2way serious, but are back to trolling, and were totally lying when you said you would own it. Ok then.

No. I use my #'s:::

8k dead of regular flu.
150 dead of Corona.

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2020, 12:55 PM
No. I use my #'s:::

8k dead of regular flu.
150 dead of Corona.
Do you know what to weeks behind Italy means. It means we're two weeks behind Italy

TSA
03-19-2020, 12:56 PM
Sure.

Your tweet directly claimed that Biden called "it", meaning the travel restrictions, “Hysterical Xenophobia” and “Fear Mongering”

What he actually said: "Donald Trump has a record of Hysterical Xenophobia and Fear Mongering".

You got lied to, then grabbed that steamy turd of a lie with both hands, ran in here and showed it to me. now you are smearing it all over your face and telling me it is not a turd.

:lol of course Biden was referring to the travel restrictions on China

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 01:00 PM

[smears it more, then licks fingers]

Dude... yuk.

Thread
03-19-2020, 01:36 PM
Do you know what to weeks behind Italy means. It means we're two weeks behind Italy

Regardless, you'll need to get beyond 8k killed by the regular flu. Even then I'm going to get a fresh # and fight ya hammer & tong with it. + I got the over million Americans killed by regular flu over the last 2 decades to pound ya's like trout meat with.

You fucked up on the regular flu & now you want to forget it. Uh, uh.

Let us proceed...

Thread
03-19-2020, 01:37 PM
:lol of course Biden was referring to the travel restrictions on China

Yep. He couched it, but, his intent is clear.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 01:40 PM
[lies using statistics, fails to multiply two numbers to gether.

https://media.giphy.com/media/8vkEKQEM8GWpoXRkgL/giphy.gif

Get off the stage, retard.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 01:42 PM
Yep. He couched it, but, his intent is clear.

yeah... to call out Trumps record of racist fear mongering and hysterical xenophobia, as well as point out that people outside your bizzaro cult don't trust a goddamn thing that Trump says.

Thread
03-19-2020, 01:45 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/8vkEKQEM8GWpoXRkgL/giphy.gif

Get off the stage, retard.

No. I'm going to spite ya by staying & 8k'in' ya!

DMC
03-19-2020, 02:17 PM

Keep stepping on your dick. It's funny.

So if Trump applies travel restrictions and travel restrictions indicate racism aren't you calling Trump a racist? How can travel restrictions be racist? That doesn't make any sense at all. Par for you, legal ninja..

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Regardless, you'll need to get beyond 8k killed by the regular flu. Even then I'm going to get a fresh # and fight ya hammer & tong with it. + I got the over million Americans killed by regular flu over the last 2 decades to pound ya's like trout meat with.

You fucked up on the regular flu & now you want to forget it. Uh, uh.

Let us proceed...
That's not how the flu works you moron that's why you need a new shot every year. Each flu is different than the one that came before it.

Thread
03-19-2020, 02:32 PM
So if Trump applies travel restrictions and travel restrictions indicate racism aren't you calling Trump a racist? How can travel restrictions be racist? That doesn't make any sense at all. Par for you, legal ninja..

D M C

Thread
03-19-2020, 02:34 PM
That's not how the flu works you moron that's why you need a new shot every year. Each flu is different than the one that came before it.

8k+ dead already this year.

Nobody ever gave a shit about it. Now by God I'm giving a shit.

Thread
03-19-2020, 02:36 PM
40k+ people dead by auto accidents in the United States each year.

160 dead from Corona.

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 02:38 PM
40k+ people dead by auto accidents in the United States each year.

160 dead from Corona.
more americans killed by auto accidents than isis, ms13, and illegal immigrants combined

tee hee

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 02:56 PM
No. I'm going to spite ya by staying & 8k'in' ya!

Source link?

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 02:57 PM
more americans killed by auto accidents than isis, ms13, and illegal immigrants combined

tee hee Thread

Thread
03-19-2020, 02:57 PM
Source link?

I don't do links, RG.

It's my religion. I saw it, that's enough for me.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 03:15 PM
I don't do links, RG.

It's my religion. I saw it, that's enough for me.

Ah. I keep forgetting you are a cheap troll. I will add you to my ignore list iwth koriwhat then. You are absolutely not worth any more of my time.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 03:17 PM
Ignore List
koriwhat Thread
Check / Uncheck All

Short and sweet.

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 03:24 PM
Ignore List
koriwhat Thread
Check / Uncheck All

Short and sweet.
i dont ignore them since they dont spam or post walls of text. i have boutons, spurshomer, and greatyacht on ignore

Thread
03-19-2020, 03:36 PM
Ah. I keep forgetting you are a cheap troll. I will add you to my ignore list iwth koriwhat then. You are absolutely not worth any more of my time.

I figured that was comin'.

But, I don't ignore anyone.

It's my religion.

TheGreatYacht
03-19-2020, 07:09 PM
The Endgame of the Covid-19 Lockdown

https://youtu.be/F3avn2K8yng

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 07:16 PM
i dont ignore them since they dont spam or post walls of text. i have boutons, spurshomer, and greatyacht on ignore

Well, neither of them ever really has anything worth responding to. one is just a nasty human being, and the other a cheap troll. Both appear to be sociopaths, so easy call to make.

Great yacht is rapidly getting there though. He is like Cosmored posting links that no one, and i mean no one, actually watches or reads anymore.

Thread
03-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Well, neither of them ever really has anything worth responding to. one is just a nasty human being, and the other a cheap troll. Both appear to be sociopaths, so easy call to make.

Great yacht is rapidly getting there though. He is like Cosmored posting links that no one, and i mean no one, actually watches or reads anymore.

Damn, RG, we don't have to agree, fellow. But, to put me on your [Ignore List] is terribly disappointing.

Please reconsider, I implore you.

boutons_deux
03-19-2020, 07:43 PM

and the annual flu shot effective for about 1/2 the strains in circulation

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 08:08 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/iGNiqAuwG9dwQ/giphy.gif

I didn't say travel restrictions were racist. No one has.

That is the point.

It is a strawman built by right-wing propaganda. Stupid motherfucker went to the first tweet turd that he thought would prove some Democrat had, and all you had to do was listen for a few seconds to see that wasn't what the tweeter claimed it was. I pointed out it is a turd, and he grins and keeps rubbing it in his face saying its rose petals.

DMC
03-19-2020, 09:41 PM

That is the point.

It is a strawman built by right-wing propaganda. Stupid motherfucker went to the first tweet turd that he thought would prove some Democrat had, and all you had to do was listen for a few seconds to see that wasn't what the tweeter claimed it was. I pointed out it is a turd, and he grins and keeps rubbing it in his face saying its rose petals.

Who are you trying to gas light here?

"Most recently, Trump tweeted that several black and brown members of Congress are “from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” and that they should “go back” to those countries. The tweets, aimed at Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), exemplify a common racist trope used against immigrants and minority groups who criticize US policies. Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, condemned Trump’s tweets as racist." -Vox

Here they describe xenophobia but call it racism. Just own it, you parrot it.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:00 PM

That is the point.

Who are you trying to gas light here?

"Most recently, Trump tweeted that several black and brown members of Congress are “from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” and that they should “go back” to those countries. The tweets, aimed at Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Pressley (D-MA), Ilhan Omar (D-MN), and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), exemplify a common racist trope used against immigrants and minority groups who criticize US policies. Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, condemned Trump’s tweets as racist." -Vox

Here they describe xenophobia but call it racism. Just own it, you parrot it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/frdn0r0hUXDTa/giphy.gif

It's like you saw the other retard rubbing a turd on his face and thought that looked fun.

Wow.

I'm not going to bother explaining it again to you. Keep playing in the poop.

Go back and re-read it, carefully. Or keep rubbing it on your face.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:06 PM

Sure.

How about this: "the travel restrictions" = recent restrictions to travel imposed in response to the pandemic

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:35 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/frdn0r0hUXDTa/giphy.gif

It's like you saw the other retard rubbing a turd on his face and thought that looked fun.

Wow.

I'm not going to bother explaining it again to you. Keep playing in the poop.

Go back and re-read it, carefully. Or keep rubbing it on your face.

This is your go-to when you fuck up, fake incredulity.

You're no daisy at all.

TSA
03-20-2020, 09:55 AM

That is the point.

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1240969514566598658

no one has, except for those 16 health law scholars in their stupid medical journal :rollin

TSA
03-20-2020, 10:01 AM
https://twitter.com/lyndseyfifield/status/1240765893421998083

https://twitter.com/lyndseyfifield/status/1240767856226316293

https://twitter.com/lyndseyfifield/status/1240770299232165889

https://twitter.com/lyndseyfifield/status/1240773860879994885

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2020, 10:55 AM
TSA trying to sperm-shield for daddy Trump on a Coronavirus that is a hoax :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2020, 11:16 AM
THE 2020 NEW WORLD ORDER PANDEMIC STAGED BY THE ELITES EXPOSED

https://youtu.be/V27E_APZAOo

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 12:00 PM
https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1240969514566598658

no one has, except for those 16 health law scholars in their stupid medical journal :rollin

:rollin

I stand corrected.

In stead of "no one", I should have said "no one except 16 legal scholars who specialize in health law pointing out that travel restrictions don't work very well, and actually harm responses".

Additionally, the IHR does not have robust accountability
mechanisms for compliance, enforcement, oversight,
and transparency.14
But the IHR is the legally binding system for protecting
people worldwide from the global spread of disease. With
more than 2·5 billion people travelling between about
4000 airports every year,15 future outbreaks are inevitable.
Responses that are anchored in fear, misinformation,
racism, and xenophobia will not save us from outbreaks
like COVID-19. Upholding the rule of international law
is needed now more than ever. Countries can start by
rolling back illegal travel restrictions that have already
been implemented and by supporting WHO and each
other in implementing the IHR.

The irony, lost on you, is that in your rush to prove Randomguy wrong, you point out that experts believe Trump administration policies are unscientific and ... moronic.

Which I kinda already knew. (slow clap)

DMC
03-20-2020, 01:15 PM

I stand corrected.

Again

TSA
03-20-2020, 01:15 PM

I stand corrected.

In stead of "no one", I should have said "no one except 16 legal scholars who specialize in health law pointing out that travel restrictions don't work very well, and actually harm responses".

The irony, lost on you, is that in your rush to prove Randomguy wrong, you point out that experts believe Trump administration policies are unscientific and ... moronic.

Which I kinda already knew. (slow clap)

:lol 16 "experts"

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci told ABC's "This Week" that the president's decision to block travel from China early in response to the coronavirus helped the U.S. avoid the situation that Italy finds itself in.

KARL: So help me out, what is the range of possibility here? How many people do you think -- based on what we're doing, based on what you know and your expertise on this, what are we talking about?

FAUCI: I don't think it's going to be that worst because I think what we're doing is going to have an effect. And -- and, for example, the president's decision to essentially have a major blocking of travel from China, that already had an effect of not seeding the way, in Europe -- Italy didn't do that. And my -- I feel so badly because I have so many friends there. They're getting hit hard.

What we're doing now with the other travel restrictions -- so you block infections from coming in. And then within is when you have containment and mitigation. And that's the reason why the kinds of things we're doing that may seem like an over-reaction will keep us away from that worst-case scenario.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/15/fauci_trumps_decision_to_block_travel_from_china_h alted_the_early_spreading.html

:lol you are a fucking joke

DMC
03-20-2020, 01:17 PM
:lol he talks about himself in 3rd person

midnightpulp
03-20-2020, 01:31 PM
No issues with Trump closing down the borders. It was the logical thing to do. But Trump's feet need to be held to the fire for downplaying the risks, with his Fox News propaganda machine echoing his complacency until reality finally sunk in hard. We have the tweets, the speeches, etc, etc, so there's no spinning Trump out of this one. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/timeline-trump-covid19-responses/

We have people in the Trump admin selling off stock as Trump assured the country that the cases would be down to zero (stated Feb. 26th, while Burr sold off stock Feb. 27). I don't see how any well meaning conservative can support this clown any longer? Is "owning the libs" really that fuckin' important?

And to shoot arrows both ways, yes, Biden, etc using Trump's border closures to score political points via racism accusations and such was a miscalculation on his/their part. If I had my way, both these fuckers would be off the ballot in November. Two incompetent snakes.

DMC
03-20-2020, 01:57 PM
https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/21176.jpeg

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 02:09 PM
it's time to ban china altogether. no more working here, no more flying here, no more business here, no more business between us and them, etc... fucking rot in hell china!

DMC
03-20-2020, 02:11 PM
It's too late now.

All nations need to work together to solve this shared enemy, except NK who can rot in hell.

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 02:25 PM
Trash didn't / doesn't give the tiniest shit about covid-19

His ban on Chinese visitors was strictly a dog whistle to his racist White Male Supremacist Nationalists (spurstalkers), echoing his candidacy announcement that Mexico was sending USA rapists, criminals, gangsters, diseased, a dog whistle behind the smokescreen of filthy, diseased non-whites.

It's a centuries old story in Euro-white Protestant America. The papist Irish, the papist Italians, Mexicans, the Jews, Chinese, Japanese, and of course native Americans, were all filthy non-white, non-Protestant scum to be kept out or oppressed.

Trash is 100% traditional Repug, not an anomaly.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2020, 06:24 PM
The Coronavirus Pandemic Hoax & The Vaccine Agenda Exposed

https://youtu.be/UiHYRDQ-Bio

TheGreatYacht
04-07-2020, 10:21 PM
Montana physician Dr. Annie Bukacek discusses how COVID 19 death certificates are being manipulated

https://youtu.be/_5wn1qs_bBk

:wow