PDA

View Full Version : First person dosed in US study for potential coronavirus vaccine, officials say

ducks
03-16-2020, 11:16 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/health/first-person-dosed-in-us-study-for-potential-coronavirus-vaccine-officials-say

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:21 AM
Would be an interesting test to be part of if you have the free time and don't mind fucking yourself up.

DC23
03-17-2020, 01:24 AM
"They will each be followed for 12 months after their second dose." We gotta move quicker than that lmao

Reck
03-17-2020, 02:06 AM
Would be an interesting test to be part of if you have the free time and don't mind fucking yourself up.

Doesn't say anything about getting paid for this shit. Such wonderful patriots, amirite?

boutons_deux
03-17-2020, 06:21 AM
"They will each be followed for 12 months after their second dose." We gotta move quicker than that lmao

Fauci and other says 1 year or more. I'm surprised they are already putting the virus into humans already.

boutons_deux
03-17-2020, 06:50 AM
It's a Dem and CNN/MSNBC HOAX!

"a dire scientific report warning that,

without action by the government and individuals to slow the spread of coronavirus and suppress new cases,

2.2 million people in the United States could die."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/coronavirus-fatality-rate-white-house.html?te=1&nl=morning-briefing&emc=edit_NN_p_20200317&section=topNews&campaign_id=9&instance_id=16834&segment_id=22302&user_id=992d608214b505003aa04bf10a595031&regi_id=80821797tion=topNews (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/coronavirus-fatality-rate-white-house.html?te=1&nl=morning-briefing&emc=edit_NN_p_20200317&section=topNews&campaign_id=9&instance_id=16834&segment_id=22302&user_id=992d608214b505003aa04bf10a595031&regi_id=80821797tion=topNews)

hater
03-17-2020, 07:08 AM

thats what dump wants :lol

do you know what a faulty vaccine can do to ppl? imagine using a faulty one on billions

the vaccine fairy tale is a lot of bullshit to give muppets sense of hope

a better more realistic hope is making decent anti virals for this. that should happen within 1 year

boutons_deux
03-17-2020, 07:17 AM

baseline bum
03-17-2020, 07:17 AM

So let's just give people shit that we don't know works and don't know if it has horrible side effects. Fucking brilliant.

ElNono
03-17-2020, 11:40 AM
So let's just give people shit that we don't know works and don't know if it has horrible side effects. Fucking brilliant.

Worked for the military, tbh

boutons_deux
03-17-2020, 12:06 PM
Worked for the military, tbh

yep, tested on blacks and even went down to Central America to infect people with VD

"Why Do They Hate Us?"

SnakeBoy
03-17-2020, 12:11 PM

These aren't the normal vaccines we are used too. They map the virus and then engineer an antibody that they believe will block it from attaching to the cell. They can't just inject that engineered antibody because your body will fight it as it would anything else. So they put the engineered antibody into a micro lipid particle that will get absorbed into your cell. Then your cell will began producing the engineered antibody on it's own and your body won't view it as a foreign substance.

So this technology has been in development and gone through much testing, the only thing that changes is the structure of the engineered antibody. I've read that in previous testing of this technology, 75% of the time the antibody that works in a test tube does not work in the body. So these people aren't taking a big risk by trying this but we shouldn't get our hopes up for a vaccine anytime soon. Likely there will be many many more trials before we have something that works. By then the majority of the global population will have been infected and have their own antibodies imo.

DMC
03-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Doesn't say anything about getting paid for this shit. Such wonderful patriots, amirite?

I'd do it just to be on the forefront of discovery. I'd stand there shielding my eyes like an explorer, one leg on a chair, staring out the window at tomorrow.

DMC
03-17-2020, 09:29 PM

:lol

You have a like .7 or so percent chance of dying without it, but who knows how the drug would fuck you up.

I'll take my chances. If I live to be "elderly" I'll think I've beaten it already, it can go fuck it's mother some more.

pgardn
03-17-2020, 10:43 PM
These aren't the normal vaccines we are used too. They map the virus and then engineer an antibody that they believe will block it from attaching to the cell. They can't just inject that engineered antibody because your body will fight it as it would anything else. So they put the engineered antibody into a micro lipid particle that will get absorbed into your cell. Then your cell will began producing the engineered antibody on it's own and your body won't view it as a foreign substance.

So this technology has been in development and gone through much testing, the only thing that changes is the structure of the engineered antibody. I've read that in previous testing of this technology, 75% of the time the antibody that works in a test tube does not work in the body. So these people aren't taking a big risk by trying this but we shouldn't get our hopes up for a vaccine anytime soon. Likely there will be many many more trials before we have something that works. By then the majority of the global population will have been infected and have their own antibodies imo.

Link?

How can an antibody alone, a protein, instruct a cell how to make this same protein without genetic material involved?
Its not RNA or DNA that is covered by lipid and codes for the Ab that gets absorbed into a B cell or plasma cell?

pgardn
03-17-2020, 11:00 PM
Link?

How can an antibody alone, a protein, instruct a cell how to make this same protein without genetic material involved?
Its not RNA or DNA that is covered by lipid and codes for the Ab that gets absorbed into a B cell or plasma cell?.

never mind I figured out what you’re talking about.
it’s taking advantage of a basic humoral response that involves B cells and T cells in which the B cells do take in protein and then display them on their surface. The T cells help these particular cells reproduce, they already have genetic material that any antibody producing cell has but the DNA has been altered to have very specific characteristics.

it’s the same reason we can produce antibodies to almost any molecule as long as B cells mix and match DNA variable regions that code for antibodies. theoretically, if B cells were really good at this, one could have an army of them floating around that would be able to recognize a tremendous number of molecular shapes.

SnakeBoy
03-17-2020, 11:01 PM
Link?

Its not RNA or DNA that is covered by lipid and codes for the Ab that gets absorbed into a B cell or plasma cell?

I posted a link about it in Hater's original virus thread I believe.

I'm not a geneticist/scientist so I can't explain the details and my terminology may be off.

pgardn
03-17-2020, 11:09 PM
I posted a link about it in Hater's original virus thread I believe.

I'm not a geneticist/scientist so I can't explain the details and my terminology may be off.

Actually you basically got it.
My last paragraph is what is amazing about the immune system because for a very long time we did not know how in the world a human genome could code for so many varieties of antibodies but now we know.

The B cells go through a great amount of cutting and splicing of DNA that codes for antibodies thereby allowing them to make in numerable shapes of antibodies that recognize very specific antigens. I remember a graduate student made monoclonal antibodies to chocolate (theobromine) you just have to go through enough trials; and these of course we’re done in animals, you don’t want to inject chocolate directly into a persons circulatory system

pgardn
03-18-2020, 08:04 AM
And go figure.

They had an advertisement at the top of this (my) page illustrating an antibody.
Somebody reads this stuff title and puts up the appropriate add?....

Or I guess it’s all the rage. I don’t get the allure of advertisements in buying crap.

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 08:07 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/health/first-person-dosed-in-us-study-for-potential-coronavirus-vaccine-officials-say

Anti-vaxxers are saying this is a crisis actor. Whackadoodles will be whackadoodles.

pgardn
03-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Anti-vaxxers are saying this is a crisis actor. Whackadoodles will be whackadoodles.

I just read about anti vaccer measles parties instead of the vaccine.
These parents have no idea how actually getting this disease makes their kids susceptible to really bad reactions to all sorts of nastier diseases as they grow older.

This also appears to cut across political groups. It’s like people across the spectrum have got whatever disease The Great Floating Turd (Yacht) has. YouTube bonzonos be “It’s a witch!” and the Yacht docks his brain.

DMC
03-18-2020, 03:51 PM

This is very similar to how we all think DDR is a faggot until he puts on a Spurs uniform, then he's a superstar.

Chucho
03-18-2020, 04:05 PM
This is very similar to how we all think DDR is a faggot until he puts on a Spurs uniform, then he's a superstar.

There's not many Spurs fans, at least here, that would call him a superstar.

RandomGuy
03-18-2020, 04:49 PM
I just read about anti vaccer measles parties instead of the vaccine.
These parents have no idea how actually getting this disease makes their kids susceptible to really bad reactions to all sorts of nastier diseases as they grow older.

This also appears to cut across political groups. It’s like people across the spectrum have got whatever disease The Great Floating Turd (Yacht) has. YouTube bonzonos be “It’s a witch!” and the Yacht docks his brain.

This is why we can't have nice things. At this point, I don't have any sympathy for them. They are actively endangering themselves and the rest of us, with their doomsday cult. Fucking darwin award recipients. Keep their kids away from mine.

Thread
03-18-2020, 04:51 PM
This is why we can't have nice things. At this point, I don't have any sympathy for them. They are actively endangering themselves and the rest of us, with their doomsday cult. Fucking darwin award recipients. Keep their kids away from mine.

But, (they) no more trust gov't than you do, RG? Don't grudge 'em their mistrust.