PDA

View Full Version : Texas response to Corona virus

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 09:17 AM
Things are seeming awfully quiet from state government:

While other states fighting coronavirus enforce widespread closures, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott goes with a patchwork system
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/17/experts-say-texas-patchwork-strategy-coronavirus-problem/

Only 700 or so people have been tested so far:
Texans still clamoring for coronavirus tests as state promises availability will skyrocket
Texas appears to be lagging behind other populous states in testing for COVID-19, but trying to determine how many tests have been given is as confusing as figuring out how to get one.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/17/texans-still-clamoring-coronavirus-tests-state-promises-more-soon/

Lack of testing and a slow statewide response coupled with Trump party attitudes towards taking virus seriously and the commensurate precautions
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816501871/poll-as-coronavirus-spreads-fewer-americans-see-pandemic-as-a-real-threat

We don't know where the virus actually is, and have no coordinated effort, as of yet.

The delays in testing will cost lives.

FWIW:
Texas Health and Human Services website:
https://dshs.texas.gov/news/updates.shtm#coronavirus

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 09:22 AM
Meanwhile, sick patients like Patrick Parker, a University of Texas research assistant, are still being turned away. Parker said he tried in vain Sunday to get a test at a drive-in center run by Baylor Scott & White Hospital in North Austin. He lost $40 — and a little bit of faith in response efforts for the new coronavirus — in the process. Other Texans exhibiting symptoms told similar stories in interviews with the Tribune, but not all wanted to be identified.

Parker said Monday he’s been sick for 12 days with what appear to be COVID-19 symptoms — fever, sore throat, shortness of breath and “respiratory distress and pain.” He said he was “embarrassed to say” that he was moving around in public for the first week of his illness, and then he self-quarantined after realizing the disease was spreading in Austin.

He said he was denied in the online prescreening process by Baylor Scott & White.

“It seems like they are only testing people who are very sick or who have just traveled from high-risk areas. I show the primary symptoms of COVID, but I can’t figure out how to get tested,” he said. “In order for us to get a handle on this so we’re not just stumbling in the dark, we need mass testing.“

Something resembling mass testing is what Abbott vowed would be happening by the end of the week in Texas — about 10,000 per week. That would dwarf what’s happened so far and put Texas closer to similarly sized states that have already conducted thousands of tests, according to data compiled by a national consortium of journalists.

Figures provided by DSHS, together with statistics gathered by The COVID Tracking Project, appear to put Texas, the second most populous state, toward the bottom of the top five states, depending on which figures for Texas are used. As of late Monday, California had tested at least 8,300 people; New York had tested 7,200; Florida had tested 1,300; and Illinois had tested 1,025, figures show.

ducks
03-17-2020, 09:30 AM
More babies killed today by abortion
Liberal response kill more

Xevious
03-17-2020, 09:30 AM
I can confirm that hospitals here just aren't testing very often. Patients have to meet pretty strict criteria to be deemed "high risk" and get tested. By contrast... nearly every person who walks into an ER with a fever or sniffles will get a rapid FLU test, regardless of why they actually came into the hospital. But tests for the FLU and other common viruses are cheap and readily available. My suspicion is that there are a lot more community acquired cases that we just don't know about. I'm told that the criteria for testing is going to change in the coming days though and that tests will become more available. We'll see.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 09:45 AM
In nearby Boerne, Debbie Van Scyoc, 68, spent Monday frantically trying to have a test administered after she was unexpectedly sent home from her job at a long-term care facility with instructions to not return until she had two negative test results. The facility has a large number of potentially vulnerable elderly people.

She had no symptoms, but a supervisor said she was “exposed” to the virus because she visited her husband — who had a heart attack last Wednesday, she said — in San Antonio Methodist Hospital, which has a coronavirus patient in isolation, according to news reports.

She described a Kafka-esque process to try to get a test. Her local doctor referred her to the Kendall County Health Department, which referred her to Bexar County, where officials said anyone without symptoms could not be tested.

Then she tried to get information about the drive-through facility for first responders and health care providers, only to be told by a San Antonio hospital, “‘We can’t tell you where that is.”’

“I’m passionate about health care, I’m passionate about seniors. … I just want to get back to work,” she said.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 09:45 AM

Zero babies are killed by abortions. Fail.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 09:50 AM
I can confirm that hospitals here just aren't testing very often. Patients have to meet pretty strict criteria to be deemed "high risk" and get tested. By contrast... nearly every person who walks into an ER with a fever or sniffles will get a rapid FLU test, regardless of why they actually came into the hospital. But tests for the FLU and other common viruses are cheap and readily available. My suspicion is that there are a lot more community acquired cases that we just don't know about. I'm told that the criteria for testing is going to change in the coming days though and that tests will become more available. We'll see.

It is mid-fucking-march. Wide spread testing should have been available a month ago.

You are exactly right, it is spreading undetected. They are not identifying the people who are asymptomatic or really mild cases, which lets it spread faster.

One person infects 3 people who infect 9, who infect 27, who infect ...

DarrinS
03-17-2020, 09:54 AM
It is mid-fucking-march. Wide spread testing should have been available a month ago.

You are exactly right, it is spreading undetected. They are not identifying the people who are asymptomatic or really mild cases, which lets it spread faster.

One person infects 3 people who infect 9, who infect 27, who infect ...

Evidently, you think these test have been stockpiled in some warehouse. They only very recently developed the test. The virus is "novel". You know what that means, right?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/testing.html

boutons_deux
03-17-2020, 09:54 AM
Bexar County, where officials said anyone without symptoms could not be tested.

Italy is saying 50%+ of infected people are asymptomatic.

over and over and over, Trash/Repugs failure to provide reliable, high-volume, free tests is negligent manslaughter.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 10:00 AM
Evidently, you think these test have been stockpiled in some warehouse. They only very recently developed the test. The virus is "novel". You know what that means, right?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/testing.html

I do not think that tests would be sitting around in a warehouse, nor has that ever been my understanding.

At every step Trump has lied about how available they are and now, apparently, so are our state Trump Party officials.

WHO had a test.

Administration didn't use it, and wanted a homegrown one. If you want to be cynical, you could think that would be so they could cash in on it like they have cashed in on everything else. I don't think it was that conscious, personally.

The need for a test was one of those readily identifiable things that a competent administration would have started on day one of understanding the pending crisis.

ducks
03-17-2020, 10:03 AM

People start out as babies 3 year olds know that

picnroll
03-17-2020, 10:05 AM
These assholes need to get on top of this immediately. What the hell is the governor waiting for, ducks to get it?

New York state coronavirus cases soar to more than 1,300, hospitalizing 19%

TimDunkem
03-17-2020, 10:07 AM
Ducks is straight up dangerous right now and should be banned.

Xevious
03-17-2020, 10:12 AM
In nearby Boerne, Debbie Van Scyoc, 68, spent Monday frantically trying to have a test administered after she was unexpectedly sent home from her job at a long-term care facility with instructions to not return until she had two negative test results. The facility has a large number of potentially vulnerable elderly people.

She had no symptoms, but a supervisor said she was “exposed” to the virus because she visited her husband — who had a heart attack last Wednesday, she said — in San Antonio Methodist Hospital, which has a coronavirus patient in isolation, according to news reports.

She described a Kafka-esque process to try to get a test. Her local doctor referred her to the Kendall County Health Department, which referred her to Bexar County, where officials said anyone without symptoms could not be tested.

Then she tried to get information about the drive-through facility for first responders and health care providers, only to be told by a San Antonio hospital, “‘We can’t tell you where that is.”’

“I’m passionate about health care, I’m passionate about seniors. … I just want to get back to work,” she said.
While I agree we need more testing... this example is ridiculous. It's simply irrational fear by the lady's employer.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 10:17 AM

People start out as unicellular organisms. 3 yr old don't know that, but anyone who has graduated high school should. I assume you never took a biology class, and that is part of the problem here.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 10:21 AM
These assholes need to get on top of this immediately. What the hell is the governor waiting for, ducks to get it?

New York state coronavirus cases soar to more than 1,300, hospitalizing 19%

If ducks suddenly stops posting in the next few months... :depressed

As noted Trump party members are not taking it seriously, and not taking as many precautions.

picnroll
03-17-2020, 10:22 AM
While I agree we need more testing... this example is ridiculous. It's simply irrational fear by the lady's employer.

Ideally if kits were readily available which they are not (thanks government) you would test symptomatic and do random testing to determine community spread then isolate communities with wide spread and have the ability to concentrate health care resources there. You’d still need to do self isolation in other communities to avoid more hotspots popping up.

Chucho
03-17-2020, 10:24 AM

Why aren't they "babies"?

Chucho
03-17-2020, 10:26 AM
People start out as unicellular organisms. 3 yr old don't know that, but anyone who has graduated high school should. I assume you never took a biology class, and that is part of the problem here.

Semantics to excuse murder. Sorry, but that part of you disgusts me.

CosmicCowboy
03-17-2020, 10:42 AM
If ducks suddenly stops posting in the next few months... :depressed

As noted Trump party members are not taking it seriously, and not taking as many precautions.

Randomguy with the usual bullshit sweeping generalizations.

Monostradamus
03-17-2020, 10:47 AM
https://i.insider.com/52ceb7aeecad04f724d0243f?width=400&format=gif

CosmicCowboy
03-17-2020, 11:20 AM

TimDunkem
03-17-2020, 11:24 AM
Brother just text me and said his restaurant ignored the orders to open at noon and opened early. People are starting to come in.

Spurminator
03-17-2020, 11:28 AM
Semantics to excuse murder. Sorry, but that part of you disgusts me.

When someone goes through IVF, they often produce a dozen or more embryos (conception). Typically 2-3 of these are transferred in the hopes that one or two will grow to a fetus.

The remaining embryos are usually discarded. Is this mass murder?

ElNono
03-17-2020, 11:36 AM
Ted Cruz will extend his quarantine for the 3rd time for another 2 months, out of abundance of caution...

florige
03-17-2020, 11:38 AM
Brother just text me and said his restaurant ignored the orders to open at noon and opened early. People are starting to come in.

I'm surprised that you guys haven't closed restaurants down yet.

TimDunkem
03-17-2020, 11:45 AM

Texas is several steps behind. It's patchwork solutions right now. Hell, he said his boss said "we're not at the 10 people or less stage yet".

Wut :(

baseline bum
03-17-2020, 11:48 AM

I'm not. It's Texas.

TimDunkem
03-17-2020, 11:49 AM
I'm not. It's Texas.

His boss's boss said that "no one has the authority to tell us to close right now".

baseline bum
03-17-2020, 11:52 AM
His boss's boss said that "no one has the authority to tell us to close right now".

They should be shamed on Facebook for spreading the virus.

rmt
03-17-2020, 11:55 AM

When I feel those ORGANISMS kicking and doing somersaults at 5 months, it's you who are in denial that they are not babies.

TimDunkem
03-17-2020, 11:56 AM
They should be shamed on Facebook for spreading the virus.

All I'll say is it's a pizza place in La Cantera.

Chucho
03-17-2020, 12:03 PM
When someone goes through IVF, they often produce a dozen or more embryos (conception). Typically 2-3 of these are transferred in the hopes that one or two will grow to a fetus.

The remaining embryos are usually discarded. Is this mass murder?

I get where you're going with this. It's a grey area between conception/implantation/pregnancy. If pinned to it, I personally believe once we have a heartbeat, you're a human being. That's what? Like a month after conception?

The reason I make this point to RG specifically is because he's adamant about testing, and rightfully so and his rationale is "lives are at stake".

Someone so strong in their beliefs and quick to label others as "morally bankrupt", a champion of social equity and who cements their beliefs with "facts and science" comes off hypocritical when they're so dismissive to life and disapproving of consensus science that defines when life starts.

That's all.

Spurminator
03-17-2020, 12:23 PM
I get where you're going with this. It's a grey area between conception/implantation/pregnancy. If pinned to it, I personally believe once we have a heartbeat, you're a human being. That's what? Like a month after conception?

A lot of women don't even know they're pregnant at that time.

The reason I make this point to RG specifically is because he's adamant about testing, and rightfully so and his rationale is "lives are at stake".

Someone so strong in their beliefs and quick to label others as "morally bankrupt", a champion of social equity and who cements their beliefs with "facts and science" comes off hypocritical when they're so dismissive to life and disapproving of consensus science that defines when life starts.

That's all.

I mean I guess you could say that anytime liberals push for life saving measures, but then in the reverse liberals could call conservatives hypocrites when they decry abortion but support war, the death penalty, castle doctrine, George Zimmerman, etc., etc.

Second, there is no scientific consensus on when life begins.
https://www.wired.com/2015/10/science-cant-say-babys-life-begins/

Finally, when life begins isn't really important to the discussion of abortion IMO because the discussion should revolve around how much autonomy we allow women over their own bodies. If there is an unwanted presence in one's body, they should have the right to remove it regardless of how it got there. We have limitations on how long a woman can wait to do this because we believe at some point the baby does not depend on her to survive.

If we get to a point where embryos can be removed and grown outside of a uterus after 3 weeks, then I might be more inclined to support an abortion ban. As it stands I don't believe a woman has an obligation to carry an unwanted pregnancy for 40 weeks just because she had sex.

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:36 PM
Some clinics don't want the tests because they don't want people whothink they have it to come to them. They want someone else to worry about it.

If I was in charge I would treat this as an invasion, I would use Homeland Security the FBI and the National Guard. I would roll out testing in every city and insist on manufacturing of test kits. I would treat this virus like removing lice from the head of a child.

DMC
03-17-2020, 12:47 PM
A lot of women don't even know they're pregnant at that time.

I mean I guess you could say that anytime liberals push for life saving measures, but then in the reverse liberals could call conservatives hypocrites when they decry abortion but support war, the death penalty, castle doctrine, George Zimmerman, etc., etc.

Second, there is no scientific consensus on when life begins.
https://www.wired.com/2015/10/science-cant-say-babys-life-begins/

Finally, when life begins isn't really important to the discussion of abortion IMO because the discussion should revolve around how much autonomy we allow women over their own bodies. If there is an unwanted presence in one's body, they should have the right to remove it regardless of how it got there. We have limitations on how long a woman can wait to do this because we believe at some point the baby does not depend on her to survive.

If we get to a point where embryos can be removed and grown outside of a uterus after 3 weeks, then I might be more inclined to support an abortion ban. As it stands I don't believe a woman has an obligation to carry an unwanted pregnancy for 40 weeks just because she had sex.

I guess the woman can have autonomy over body as long as she's not an unborn fetus. At that point anyone can just scrape her out.

You can't really compare killing an unborn child to killing someone in self-defense, killing someone because you're at war or killing someone because they're convicted of murder. If you can't draw distinctions between those then there's something fucking wrong with you.

I think it's quite telling that someone can be convicted of double homicide for killing a pregnant woman but if a pregnant woman decides to abort the fetus then that's fine.

Personally I'm pro-choice I just don't see the argument in the way you presented it.

It's also interesting when a woman has a miscarriage and she's very upset about it, people say she lost her baby. No one says she lost her fetus or she lost something that was possibly not even alive yet. So it's all based on her feelings no one gives a shit about the unborn. If he says it's a baby and names it then all of a sudden it's a baby.

ElNono
03-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Some clinics don't want the tests because they don't want people whothink they have it to come to them. They want someone else to worry about it.

If I was in charge I would treat this as an invasion, I would use Homeland Security the FBI and the National Guard. I would roll out testing in every city and insist on manufacturing of test kits. I would treat this virus like removing lice from the head of a child.

Agreed. Lack of testing is irresponsible.

Like I said a while back, the US is ill-equipped to deal with this situation. Clinics don't want to deal with it, plus the reimbursement rates are probably not worth getting staff infected and having further down time. Again, a situation where the economics trump patient care.

spurraider21
03-17-2020, 01:02 PM
I guess the woman can have autonomy over body as long as she's not an unborn fetus. At that point anyone can just scrape her out.
its the mother that has to deal with the pregnancy against her will, not the fetus.

You can't really compare killing an unborn child to killing someone in self-defense, killing someone because you're at war or killing someone because they're convicted of murder. If you can't draw distinctions between those then there's something fucking wrong with you.
i dont think a self defense comparison is that far off. having to deal with months of pregnancy can be painful, exhausting, unsettling. birth involves incredible pain and often times leading to vaginal tears. if somebody threatened you with that amount of pain, you'd be justified in acting in self defense.

i'm not saying they're identical, but the comparison is there. nobody is saying the fetus/baby (not interesting in the semantics) is an intentional wrongdoer or anything like that

I think it's quite telling that someone can be convicted of double homicide for killing a pregnant woman but if a pregnant woman decides to abort the fetus then that's fine.
i mean thats a question of what legislatures put into law. it's not the case in every state. that's not really answering any scientific questions about life/viability

Personally I'm pro-choice I just don't see the argument in the way you presented it.
what's your justification, just out of curiosity

It's also interesting when a woman has a miscarriage and she's very upset about it, people say she lost her baby. No one says she lost her fetus or she lost something that was possibly not even alive yet. So it's all based on her feelings no one gives a shit about the unborn. If he says it's a baby and names it then all of a sudden it's a baby.
thats a question of semantics (why they say baby instead of fetus).

and i dont necessarily see an issue with that terminology because abortion is associated with the unwanted pregnancy, where the woman has to suffer through months of pregnancy and painful birth against their wishes, as opposed to somebody who wants to go through that to have a child and then that gets lost along the way.

florige
03-17-2020, 01:49 PM
Texas is several steps behind. It's patchwork solutions right now. Hell, he said his boss said "we're not at the 10 people or less stage yet".

Wut :(

So basically they are waiting till it gets worse. :lol

Trainwreck2100
03-17-2020, 01:56 PM

Yep

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 01:58 PM
When I feel those ORGANISMS kicking and doing somersaults at 5 months, it's you who are in denial that they are not babies.

You can attempt to re-define "baby" as much as you like, but that set of cells cannot survive outside of the host any more than the set of cells that comprise my kidney can, were it removed.

Maybe next you will define my appendix as a baby? I am a murderer if I have it removed?

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 02:00 PM

Eyup.

Hays county is though, declaring its own emergency after the first case.

Blake
03-17-2020, 02:01 PM

Don't forget the killings in Chicago

MultiTroll
03-17-2020, 02:27 PM
The need for a test was one of those readily identifiable things that a competent administration would have started on day one of understanding the pending crisis.
Has anyone in the Rump administration or for that matter any US politician stated why South Korea was ready with test kits yet the U.S. was not?

Our tax dollars at work.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 02:28 PM

That's all.

I am not dismissive of that at all. I do understand the conflict between rights though.

How much rights should a person have over their body?

Would you require me to donate marrow, a potentially dangerous procedure to save someone? How is that different?

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 02:30 PM

FWIW, the ethical issues laid out in a respectful, organized way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9o0Q5vDuQ

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Has anyone in the Rump administration or for that matter any US politician stated why South Korea was ready with test kits yet the U.S. was not?

Our tax dollars at work.

that will be a question they will absolutely not address with anything other than deflection. I think it was asked today at the presser, and doubt it was answered honestly.

vy65
03-17-2020, 02:38 PM

:tu

rmt
03-17-2020, 02:38 PM
You can attempt to re-define "baby" as much as you like, but that set of cells cannot survive outside of the host any more than the set of cells that comprise my kidney can, were it removed.

Maybe next you will define my appendix as a baby? I am a murderer if I have it removed?

So you oppose abortion when this set of cells can survive outside of the mother?

24 weeks - that's less than 6 months

Completed weeks of gestation at birth 21 and less 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 34
Chance of survival[15] 0% 0-10% 10-35% 40-70% 50-80% 80-90% >90% >95% >98%

picnroll
03-17-2020, 02:47 PM
Agreed. Lack of testing is irresponsible.

Like I said a while back, the US is ill-equipped to deal with this situation. Clinics don't want to deal with it, plus the reimbursement rates are probably not worth getting staff infected and having further down time. Again, a situation where the economics trump patient care.

No need for conspiracies. Simple fact that testing capability remains way below what was promised or is needed.

baseline bum
03-17-2020, 02:47 PM
So you oppose abortion when this set of cells can survive outside of the mother?

24 weeks - that's less than 6 months

Completed weeks of gestation at birth 21 and less 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 34
Chance of survival[15] 0% 0-10% 10-35% 40-70% 50-80% 80-90% >90% >95% >98%

Hey son, are you going to give your kids the COVID-19 vaccination once it's out?

Spurminator
03-17-2020, 03:22 PM

:lol You're not pro choice if the boilerplate pro-life arguments in your post above are what you believe.

As usual, you're afraid to have any real conviction besides "combative."

Right, it's silly to bring up abortion in comparison to other deaths. You've successfully re-articulated my response to Chucho. Good job.

Will Hunting
03-17-2020, 03:33 PM
Hey son, are you going to give your kids the COVID-19 vaccination once it's out?
:lmao

Spurs Homer
03-17-2020, 03:43 PM

as opposed to: republicans waitin til babies are grown- then kill them by taking away their health care and/or throwing them in cages

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 04:15 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/4QFBnpGrnISWPpX48Y/giphy.gif

SICK BURN.

koriwhat
03-17-2020, 04:18 PM
as opposed to: republicans waitin til babies are grown- then kill them by taking away their health care and/or throwing them in cages

You're such a complete and utter retard.

TimDunkem
03-17-2020, 04:19 PM

Got 'em.

koriwhat
03-17-2020, 04:19 PM

Spurs Homer
03-17-2020, 04:43 PM
You're such a complete and utter retard.

im praying for you in your fight against addiction- “its NOT your fault”

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Coronavirus - And just like that the government controls all sporting events, concerts, jobs, colleges, medical facilities, whether or not you can leave your house, has depleted resources such as toilet paper and food, controls all travel. And you guys wonder why they develop and use viruses to scare the public. They now control you and everything about your life. See how easy it was? Mass panic, hysteria, complete control. Of, liberally, the world. Over a virus that is as deadly as the common cold. All freedom has been limited overnight. See how easy that was?

This is what you liberals and conservatives who buy into this bullshit Coronavirus of a hoax are pushing for smh. I'm especially disappointed in the gun lovers who are letting the government get away with such criminal activity. What a bunch of pussies.

RandomGuy
03-17-2020, 05:29 PM
Coronavirus - And just like that the government controls all sporting events, concerts, jobs, colleges, medical facilities, whether or not you can leave your house, has depleted resources such as toilet paper and food, controls all travel. And you guys wonder why they develop and use viruses to scare the public. They now control you and everything about your life. See how easy it was? Mass panic, hysteria, complete control. Of, liberally, the world. Over a virus that is as deadly as the common cold. All freedom has been limited overnight. See how easy that was? [/SIZE]

This is what you liberals and conservatives who buy into this bullshit Coronavirus of a hoax are pushing for smh. I'm especially disappointed in the gun lovers who are letting the government get away with such criminal activity. What a bunch of pussies.

Your underlying assumption, that virus pandemics can only come from man-made sources, marks you as a total fucking idiot.

Seriously, you are the biggest moron on this board after Cosmored.

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2020, 05:33 PM
Your underlying assumption, that virus pandemics can only come from man-made sources, marks you as a total fucking idiot.

Seriously, you are the biggest moron on this board after Cosmored.

If not letting myself get fooled by governments with an evil agenda makes me a moron then I'm proud of it :tu.

Over my dead body will I allow mandatory vaccine and microchip implanted inside my body over this Coronavirus hoax. If shit hits the fan, have fun getting riding those FEMA buses.

Best case scenario, this is just a preview of what's to come.

DarrinS
03-17-2020, 05:41 PM
If not letting myself get fooled by governments with an evil agenda makes me a moron then I'm proud of it :tu.

Over my dead body will I allow mandatory vaccine and microchip implanted inside my body over this Coronavirus hoax. If shit hits the fan, have fun getting riding those FEMA buses.

Best case scenario, this is just a preview of what's to come.

:dizzy

Will Hunting
03-17-2020, 05:51 PM
:lol

Definitely echoing the same thoughts and prayers for Kori.

Spurs Homer
03-17-2020, 05:55 PM

Definitely echoing the same thoughts and prayers for Kori.

Im lighting a candle adorned with the spur logo for kw as i type this...

DMC
03-17-2020, 08:07 PM
:lol You're not pro choice if the boilerplate pro-life arguments in your post above are what you believe.

As usual, you're afraid to have any real conviction besides "combative."

Right, it's silly to bring up abortion in comparison to other deaths. You've successfully re-articulated my response to Chucho. Good job.

You have zero idea what you're talking about. You seem to think everyone fits neatly into a belief system that you can label but most don't. In your mind, in order to be pro-choice, I must be pro-abortion. I am anti-abortion but my opinion on it doesn't supersede hers.

There's no need to try to justify a decision to abort by saying it's not a human, not alive, whatever. All that is bullshit. It's her decision, point blank period and there's nothing anyone can do. She can abort simply by not taking care of herself.

It really goes "Pro choice" vs "anti choice", or "pro-life" vs "pro-abortion"

You won't find many pro-abortion people. It's about the choice, not the child.

And :lol @ conviction - you're a dude. You're not going to be forced to decide.

DMC
03-17-2020, 08:18 PM

Maybe define your appendage as a baby.

Millennial_Messiah
03-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Mexican response to Corona Virus?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YusAAOSwB8Ndy26X/s-l640.jpg

Millennial_Messiah
03-17-2020, 09:29 PM
You have zero idea what you're talking about. You seem to think everyone fits neatly into a belief system that you can label but most don't. In your mind, in order to be pro-choice, I must be pro-abortion. I am anti-abortion but my opinion on it doesn't supersede hers.

There's no need to try to justify a decision to abort by saying it's not a human, not alive, whatever. All that is bullshit. It's her decision, point blank period and there's nothing anyone can do. She can abort simply by not taking care of herself.

It really goes "Pro choice" vs "anti choice", or "pro-life" vs "pro-abortion"

You won't find many pro-abortion people. It's about the choice, not the child.

And :lol @ conviction - you're a dude. You're not going to be forced to decide.

I'm pro abortion if it's not a fetus with white skin :lol

DMC
03-17-2020, 09:32 PM
I'm pro abortion if it's not a fetus with white skin :lol

You're what I would consider the real Mason to be.

Millennial_Mason

spurraider21
03-17-2020, 09:35 PM
It's her decision, point blank period and there's nothing anyone can do. She can abort simply by not taking care of herself.

DMC
03-17-2020, 09:37 PM
Your failed attempt at showing a contradiction (again)

Those are not contradictory stances. I can have strong feelings about abortion but still err on the side of choice.

Sometimes I think you don't have a firm grasp on nuance.

spurraider21
03-17-2020, 09:40 PM
Those are not contradictory stances. I can have strong feelings about abortion but still err on the side of choice.

Sometimes I think you don't have a firm grasp on nuance.
who said i'm pointing out a contradiction?

your comment about a fetus getting scraped was posed as a rebuttal to spurm's position, but it's equally applicable to your own

rmt
03-18-2020, 06:27 AM

What a deflection. Since he is now of age, that is not my decision. But continue your disregard of asthmatic/allergic to egg people like RG and his ORGANISMS (or non-babies).

baseline bum
03-18-2020, 06:35 AM
What a deflection. Since he is now of age, that is not my decision. But continue your disregard of asthmatic/allergic to egg people like RG and his ORGANISMS (or non-babies).

Son are you going to recommend him not get it? What about you?

picnroll
03-18-2020, 06:54 AM
We need to reintroduce previous success cases in vaccination like small pox and polio. Clean out all the nut case anti- vacciners and their future Trump-type supporter progeny.

boutons_deux
03-18-2020, 07:57 AM
One shithole TX response was by 6 TX shitbag Repugs who voted against the House relief bill, with Loony Gohmert :lol threatening for a short time, how?, to kill it completely

CosmicCowboy
03-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Im lighting a candle adorned with the spur logo for kw as i type this...

I had my three year old grandson draw a spur on my calf with a sharpie to show solidarity.

Spurs Homer
03-18-2020, 09:36 AM
I had my three year old grandson draw a spur on my calf with a sharpie to show solidarity.

”say no to drugs!”

picnroll
03-18-2020, 09:38 AM

”say no to drugs!”
With a sharpie? You letting him watch Trump pressers?

boutons_deux
03-18-2020, 09:41 AM
Belli is helping out in Italy

Spurs Homer
03-18-2020, 09:54 AM
With a sharpie? You letting him watch Trump pressers?

#calftatmakeawishfoundation

rmt
03-18-2020, 10:38 AM

If it's egg-based, he can't have it. I've already watched him have an anaphylactic reaction to DTap (which he had had doses of before - but I guess different formulation). The rest of family is fully vaccinated.

Millennial_Messiah
03-18-2020, 12:22 PM
You're what I would consider the real Mason to be.

Millennial_Mason
Nah, I only date my age and UP (25-39), not down.

I can picture fat porker Mason taking substitute teaching jobs in Porterville at the local elementary school so he can get off, tbh

spurraider21
03-18-2020, 12:23 PM

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:08 PM

you can't even elaborate on your claim like the rest of the lame fucks you've lumped yourself in with. you stupid retards are all the same pretendos trying to be something but you're on the internet and you still ain't shit!

btw, i'm not praying for you whatsoever because i don't give a fuck about you here or elsewhere.

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:10 PM

better he stay away from you CC... you're up there in age and well CORONA!

Blake
03-18-2020, 01:11 PM
:madrun you can't even elaborate on your claim like the rest of the lame fucks you've lumped yourself in with. you stupid retards are all the same pretendos trying to be something but you're on the internet and you still ain't shit!

btw, i'm not praying for you whatsoever because i don't give a fuck about you here or elsewhere :madrun.

TarantinoRezDog
03-18-2020, 01:12 PM
you can't even elaborate on your claim like the rest of the lame fucks you've lumped yourself in with. you stupid retards are all the same pretendos trying to be something but you're on the internet and you still ain't shit!

btw, i'm not praying for you whatsoever because i don't give a fuck about you here or elsewhere.

You need to calm the fuck down, bro. We're all in this together as Americans and you're intentionally being hostile and divisive. GROW UP!

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:14 PM

you mad blaKKKe because you're on Spurs Homer's same level of pathetic?

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:15 PM
You need to calm the fuck down, bro. We're all in this together as Americans and you're intentionally being hostile and divisive. GROW UP!

we're in this together? i'm not in this with you or 99% of yall here on ST. drop dead homie!

SnakeBoy
03-18-2020, 01:15 PM

In times like these, try not to be a douche

Blake
03-18-2020, 01:18 PM
you mad blaKKKe because you're on Spurs Homer's same level of pathetic?

Dude chill

TarantinoRezDog
03-18-2020, 01:19 PM
we're in this together? i'm not in this with you or 99% of yall here on ST. drop dead homie!

I'll remember this when I'm back in SA. Don't come crying to me for rent money when the shit really hits the fan.

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:20 PM
In times like these, try not to be a douche

i seriously don't give a fuck but thanks anyhow. :tu

Dude chill

cause and effect dipshit. stop following me around posting your gay emoticons and bugging the fuck out of me. chill blaKKKe!

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:20 PM
I'll remember this when I'm back in SA. Don't come crying to me for rent money when the shit really hits the fan.

who the fuck do you even think you are? really though? fuck you trolls...

SnakeBoy
03-18-2020, 01:35 PM
i seriously don't give a fuck but thanks anyhow. :tu

Tat worthy tbh

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:39 PM
Tat worthy tbh

lol

Spurs Homer
03-18-2020, 01:43 PM

The road back from addiction is really hard - but most people here are supporting you!

You can do it!

One day at a time- one tat at a time- one rant at a time...

one death wish to others at a time...

ill spare you the rest!

Good luck!

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:45 PM
The road back from addiction is really hard - but most people here are supporting you!

You can do it!

One day at a time- one tat at a time- one rant at a time...

one death wish to others at a time...

ill spare you the rest!

Good luck!

list my addiction since you know of it so well... come on retard, just once back up a claim of yours. i'll wait while you try to turn the only cog in that retarded head of yours.

TarantinoRezDog
03-18-2020, 01:50 PM
list my addiction since you know of it so well... come on retard, just once back up a claim of yours. i'll wait while you try to turn the only cog in that retarded head of yours.

In high school, BD says you'd clean out the local hardware and hobby shops of paint and glue to huff. Then in your senior year, you graduated to crack and meth. You'd steal all the tubes from the school's chemistry lab to use as crack pipes. BD also said you once tried to cook up your own meth in the lab. We all got our problems, bro.

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:53 PM
In high school, BD says you'd clean out the local hardware and hobby shops of paint and glue to huff. Then in your senior year, you graduated to crack and meth. You'd steal all the tubes from the school's chemistry lab to use as crack pipes. BD also said you once tried to cook up your own meth in the lab. We all got our problems, bro.

you're so pathetically lame man... jump on your main account because you're one of the worst trolls around and calling you a troll is a disservice to those who actually know how to troll. smh

Blake
03-18-2020, 01:55 PM
:cry cause and effect dipshit. stop following me around posting your gay emoticons and bugging the fuck out of me. chill blaKKKe!:cry

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:56 PM
:madrun :cry my wife left me for a real man :cry :madrun

Blake
03-18-2020, 01:56 PM
you're so pathetically lame man... jump on your main account because you're one of the worst trolls around and calling you a troll is a disservice to those who actually know how to troll. smh

Is this really how you're gonna spend your days when the govt shuts down your parlor? Lashing out at people on a sports message board?

Calm the fuck down

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 01:57 PM
Is this really how you're gonna spend your days when the govt shuts down your parlor?

as you do the same... what a dumbfuck you truly are blaKKKe.

TarantinoRezDog
03-18-2020, 01:59 PM

Not a troll. You know who am in the real. Used to pal around with BD and Big Chet in those days. Remember that one time Big Chet chased you down in his 71 fastback because you stole his sister's bike?

Will Hunting
03-18-2020, 02:00 PM
Not a troll. You know who am in the real. Used to pal around with BD and Big Chet in those days. Remember that one time Big Chet chased you down in his 71 fastback because you stole his sister's bike?

Blake
as you do the same... what a dumbfuck you truly are blaKKKe.

I'm just here to hang out. You're here to lash out.

Will Hunting
Of all the feuds involving koriwhat on this site, the feud with TarantinoRezDog is the best one :lol

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 02:02 PM

BD is in his 20's right? want to try again??? let's hear your new make believe story.

I'm just here to hang out. You're here to lash out.

bullshit. you found a place on the internet where you feel bold but you're not bold blaKKKe. you're weak and you know it. :tu

Splits
03-18-2020, 02:10 PM
Of all the feuds involving koriwhat on this site, the feud with TarantinoRezDog is the best one :lol

:lol watching him get humiliated never gets old

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 02:13 PM
:lol watching him get humiliated never gets old

humiliated by outlandishly fake claims? :lmao are all you males here just straight up pussies and i'm just now finding that out?

TarantinoRezDog
03-18-2020, 02:16 PM
BD is in his 20's right? want to try again??? let's hear your new make believe story.

38. He looks like he's in his 20s, though. He works out like a fiend and follows a strict diet, unlike you with the paint thinner and crack. I remember you looking 30 years old in high school and the girls nicknamed you "Old Mann," as a play on your last name. Now how the fuck would I know that story if I didn't who you were? Another one. Junior year. First day of school. I remember you trying to scam on the new freshman chicks and one of them screamed statutory rape since they thought you were a teacher :lol. And just your luck, that girl was Big Chet's baby cousin. I'll never forget that uppercut he gave you. You did like some kind of reverse swan dive or some shit that had you six feet in the air :lol

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 02:18 PM
38. He looks like he's in his 20s, though. He works out like a fiend and follows a strict diet, unlike you with the paint thinner and crack. I remember you looking 30 years old in high school and the girls nicknamed you "Old Mann," as a play on your last name. Now how the fuck would I know that story if I didn't who you were? Another one. Junior year. First day of school. I remember you trying to scam on the new freshman chicks and one of them screamed statutory rape since they thought you were a teacher :lol. And just your luck, that girl was Big Chet's baby cousin. I'll never forget that uppercut he gave you. You did like some kind of reverse swan dive or some shit that had you six feet in the air :lol

you really want me to crush your stories? i've stated many times in the past that i dropped out of HS the first month of junior yr but you can continue on your merry way if you'd like. :lmao

Blake
03-18-2020, 02:21 PM
bullshit. you found a place on the internet where you feel bold but you're not bold blaKKKe. you're weak and you know it. :tu

Projecting I'm guessing.

Poor kw

Splits
03-18-2020, 02:22 PM
you really want me to crush your stories? i've stated many times in the past that i dropped out of HS the first month of junior yr but you can continue on your merry way if you'd like. :lmao

Dropped out of high school. Went to SACC. Opened a parlor. Has a drug habit. Cool

Blake
03-18-2020, 02:23 PM

You dropped out of high school?

Aw c'mon man.

TarantinoRezDog
03-18-2020, 02:24 PM

Yeah, that incident happened the first day of your junior year. I meant sophomore year in my other story about you moving from huffing model glue to crack and meth.

Nbadan
03-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Texas would save itself a lot of money and grief in the long run by shutting everything down now until they can begin mass testing and stop the spread of the virus to just households...

DMC
03-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Random Gloom can't help himself, probably has no fingernails.

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 05:41 PM
Projecting I'm guessing.

your guess is as good as your fucking and we all know you ain't a champ in that department. shall we ask your ex about that?

Has a drug habit.

reefer madness!

You dropped out of high school?

did i stutter you faux intellectual?

Yeah, that incident happened the first day of your junior year. I meant sophomore year in my other story about you moving from huffing model glue to crack and meth.

end of sept that yr so no, not the first day seeing how i couldn't without consent from a parent. anything else you'd like to lie about? how about BD meeting up with me or visiting my shop? :lmao

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 05:43 PM
https://timeentertainment.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/usual_suspects1.jpg?w=307

Monostradamus
03-18-2020, 07:21 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 07:29 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

i can't wait til you choke on covid-19 tbh. :tu

apalisoc_9
03-18-2020, 07:32 PM
Dropped out of high school. Went to SACC. Opened a parlor. Has a drug habit. Cool

wow.

What a failure of a human being. :lol

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 07:34 PM
wow.

What a failure of a human being. :lol

better than day dreaming about licking your aunt's asshole while pretending you're not a pedophile apa. :tu

wait a minute... aren't you asian too? MORE SUSCEPTIBLE!!!

vy65
03-18-2020, 07:43 PM

This is not something any self-respecting person/non-methhead would say once, much less multiple times

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 07:49 PM
This is not something any self-respecting person/non-methhead would say once, much less multiple times

why? HS is higher education? not at all and especially not when i went to HS. wgaf really but you losers? yall are hyperbolic about everything... smh

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 07:50 PM
all you trolls would be better off with covid-19 tbh. here here to each and every one of you losers contracting that bullshit. :tu

Monostradamus
03-18-2020, 07:51 PM
i can't wait til you choke on covid-19 tbh. :tu
Just calm down, friendo.

koriwhat
03-18-2020, 07:52 PM
Just calm down, friendo.

if you're not choking on covid-19 you'll be choking on some big mac's sooner than later. do us all a favor already lardass! :tu

Will Hunting
03-18-2020, 07:52 PM

vy65
03-18-2020, 07:54 PM
why? HS is higher education? not at all and especially not when i went to HS. wgaf really but you losers? yall are hyperbolic about everything... smh

No hyperbole. People who are not on drugs do not say that they dropped out of high school many times.

Leave it to the forum's resident crack head to shit on education.

vy65
03-18-2020, 07:56 PM
all you trolls would be better off with covid-19 tbh. here here to each and every one of you losers contracting that bullshit. :tu

Hey bud. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm young, so if I got COVID19 will just be a cold that'll clear up.

Can't say the same for that nasty case of HSV2 you got taking it up the ass at the bus station for some crack money.

Monostradamus
03-18-2020, 07:58 PM
if you're not choking on covid-19 you'll be choking on some big mac's sooner than later. do us all a favor already lardass! :tu
Just take a few deep breaths, man.

Blake
03-18-2020, 08:19 PM

But he said it in a way that was a sick burn tho so it's ok

apalisoc_9
03-18-2020, 08:29 PM
Hey bud. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm young, so if I got COVID19 will just be a cold that'll clear up.

Can't say the same for that nasty case of HSV2 you got taking it up the ass at the bus station for some crack money.

Damn koriwhat has hsv2?

I thought it was hsv1 that he had.

Must have been downplaying the consenquences of his decisions. Per par

vy65
03-18-2020, 08:40 PM
Damn koriwhat has hsv2?

I thought it was hsv1 that he had.

Must have been downplaying the consenquences of his decisions. Per par

you really want me to crush your stories? i've stated many times in the past that i have oral and genital herpes but you can continue on your merry way if you'd like. :lmao

Son, you gotta keep up

spurraider21
03-18-2020, 08:44 PM

apalisoc_9
03-18-2020, 09:06 PM
Son, you gotta keep up

In my defense, Koriwhats post is 90% i wish you die, celebrating muzzies death, democrats that and this that i've habitually skipped his post.

Thats my bad though :lol

boutons_deux
03-18-2020, 09:09 PM
San Antonio, as expected, testing is uncovering infected people

Local Coronavirus Cases Rise from 11 to 25 as Testing Ramps Up
https://therivardreport.com/local-coronavirus-cases-rise-from-11-to-25-as-testing-ramps-up/?utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter-breaking&utm_content=editorial&utm_term=health&utm_source=Rivard+Report&utm_campaign=a7d9d8e304-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_6_8_2018_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1576c62124-a7d9d8e304-84683437&mc_cid=a7d9d8e304&mc_eid=54a5432c74 (https://therivardreport.com/local-coronavirus-cases-rise-from-11-to-25-as-testing-ramps-up/?utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter-breaking&utm_content=editorial&utm_term=health&utm_source=Rivard+Report&utm_campaign=a7d9d8e304-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_6_8_2018_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1576c62124-a7d9d8e304-84683437&mc_cid=a7d9d8e304&mc_eid=54a5432c74)

Nirenberg closing everything, as HOU, DAL, AUS have done.

Chris
03-18-2020, 10:56 PM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1240456865986891779?s=19

:tu

Blake
03-18-2020, 11:24 PM
Texans need their alcohol.

ElNono
03-18-2020, 11:26 PM

Hopefully the choice is to pull themselves by their bootstraps, and they ran out of ventilators when the time comes...

Blake
03-18-2020, 11:38 PM

Blake
03-18-2020, 11:49 PM
"As governors in states including New York and California have imposed statewide measures such as closing schools and limiting commerce, Texas leaders have been reluctant to set restrictions conservative voters might consider draconian and business leaders oppose. They’ve also opposed steps to expand health insurance coverage.

Texas’ Republican Gov. Greg Abbott issued a disaster declaration Friday — after dozens of states already had done so — and activated the National Guard on Tuesday, after more than a dozen states already had. State officials have yet to impose statewide limits on public gatherings, close schools or beaches or issue a special open enrollment period for health insurance, as California, New York and other big states have. And some health providers say Texas has been slow to boost coronavirus testing capacity and help them meet equipment needs.

“In this instance, President Trump is right: Governors need to step up,” Clay Jenkins, a Democrat and Dallas County’s top elected official, said in an interview. “When it comes to stemming the tide of the loss of life that we’re staring at, the governor is in a unique position to act.”

Abbott is fully in charge of the state’s response, because as part of the small-government philosophy, the state’s Legislature meets only in odd years for 140 days. So far, more than 60 coronavirus cases and one death have been confirmed in the state. Abbott said he expects the number of cases to explode next week as more testing capacity comes online and more diagnoses are counted.

Abbott, who has been governor for five years, tends to shine in moments of crisis. He’s been relatively hands-off during legislative sessions, but has played an active role in managing during disaster. Abbott earned praise for providing a steady hand during Hurricane Harvey, which hit Houston in 2017......."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

Abbott's a jackass

ChumpDumper
03-19-2020, 12:01 AM
1240195581110358016IIRC a few of the clubs are outside the city limits. The county should be stepping in but who knows what's going on in the other four big population centers there.

ElNono
03-19-2020, 02:28 AM
Why Texas is so far behind other states on virus response
Gov. Abbott is resisting statewide closures, saying those calls are up to local officials, not him.

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas is a big state with a proud small-government philosophy. And that’s being tested by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Strict bans on public gatherings to curtail the virus' reach and widespread testing and treatment run counter to the politics of top Texas officials. Instead they're calling on local officials to lead the response.

As governors in states including New York and California have imposed statewide measures such as closing schools and limiting commerce, Texas leaders have been reluctant to set restrictions conservative voters might consider draconian and business leaders oppose. They’ve also opposed steps to expand health insurance coverage.

Texas’ Republican Gov. Greg Abbott issued a disaster declaration Friday — after dozens of states already had done so — and activated the National Guard on Tuesday, after more than a dozen states already had. State officials have yet to impose statewide limits on public gatherings, close schools or beaches or issue a special open enrollment period for health insurance, as California, New York and other big states have. And some health providers say Texas has been slow to boost coronavirus testing capacity and help them meet equipment needs.

But the swift-spreading coronavirus public health crisis is catching Texas unprepared. The state, which didn’t expand Medicaid, has the highest uninsured rate in the country meaning millions of people don’t have doctors to call if they show symptoms. And Abbott has opposed local paid sick leave ordinances, which could encourage sick people to stay home and keep from spreading the virus, saying they hamper business growth.

“I am pleased that Governor Abbott is engaged in a way that is certainly more substantive than President Trump — but that is such a low bar,” Democratic Texas Rep. Lloyd Doggett wrote in an emailed statement. “Like Trump, he has shifted responsibility for the toughest decisions to local leaders and declined to provide leadership on limitations and closures. He has provided no leadership on health care access in the state with the most uninsured.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

boutons_deux
03-19-2020, 06:04 AM
Abbott's a jackass

RED states

Rachel Maddow name-checks 7 states refusing to take necessary precautions to protect people

There are no statewide bans in

Texas,
Tennessee,
Oklahoma,
Missouri,
Mississippi,
Idaho and
Wyoming.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/rachel-maddow-name-checks-7-states-refusing-to-take-necessary-precautions-to-protect-people/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

SA gun stores seeing a buying frenzy on guns and ammo

DMC
03-19-2020, 09:55 AM
How can you ban public gatherings sans martial law without violating the 1st Amendment?

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 12:42 PM
How can you ban public gatherings sans martial law without violating the 1st Amendment?

How can you ban people from yelling "fire" in a crowded theater without violating the 1st Amendment?

The bill of rights contains no absolute rights, despite what many think. "your right to swing your arms ends at my nose"

koriwhat
03-19-2020, 12:59 PM
No hyperbole. People who are not on drugs do not say that they dropped out of high school many times.

shit on education? you mean the HS i went to where the edge of technology that was being pushed at the time was to learn how to type? gtfo! HYPERBOLE is all you got dipshit.

i would lay odds that my health is leaps and bounds above yours. i eat healthy, i take multivitamins, drink plenty of water, and the only thing remotely bad that i do is smoke bud. big whoop!

i truly do hope people like yourself fucking perish and perish soon! fuck those just like you vy!

Just take a few deep breaths, man.

something you can't do on your best day.

In my defense, Koriwhats post is 90% i wish you die, celebrating muzzies death, democrats that and this that i've habitually skipped his post.

Thats my bad though :lol

you progressive weak fucks are nothing but balls of hyperbole. either way it's not hyperbole when i say you've made posts here claiming you fuck minors while also day dreaming about your aunt's pussy. :tu

Blake
03-19-2020, 03:26 PM
seriously dude, calm the fuck down already.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:29 PM
Central Texas distillery starts producing hand sanitizer to tackle COVID-19 pandemic
The hand sanitizer is 80% alcohol and produced according to World Health Organization (WHO) and FDA standards.
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/desert-door-distillery-starts-producing-hand-sanitizer-to-tackle-covid-19-pandemic/269-af9d8db3-1240-4181-9b3e-fb4a329045e9

Hells to the yeah. Just dont' let the normal mouth breathers try to eat it...

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 10:34 PM
As for what the state is, or is not doing, we have another instance of "conservative" bullshit being bad policy.

How The Coronavirus Pandemic Exposed Abbott’s Hypocrisy On Local Control
After leaving cities and counties to handle coronavirus on their own, state intervention could be too little, too late.
Governor Greg Abbott’s office told reporters this week that cities and counties “have done a very good job of doing what is right for their municipalities” during the COVID-19 pandemic, insisting that county and city leaders “can make the right decision that is best for their community,” because that “is the way the structure works” here.

“Texas is so diverse that what is right in Houston and Harris County and Dallas and San Antonio may not be the best approach in Amarillo,” Abbott spokesman John Wittman told the Texas Tribune. “These cities and counties are following the proper protocol and guidance that they are receiving from their local health departments.”

On Thursday, the governor finally took statewide action, issuing an executive order that temporarily banned gatherings of 10 or more, prohibits dine-in services at restaurants and bars, stopped visitation to nursing homes and retirement facilities, and closed schools and gyms through April 3 (he noted that it could be extended). This followed media reports criticizing the governor’s slow action—including shaming from MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

At a press conference announcing the executive order Thursday, Abbott emphasized once again that deferring to cities and counties in the face of disasters has worked in Texas. The order didn’t stem from a change of heart, he indicated, but was prompted by the size and scope of coronavirus.

https://www.texasobserver.org/how-the-coronavirus-pandemic-exposed-abbotts-hypocrisy-on-local-control/

Stupid Trump party is literally going to get people killed.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 10:37 PM
Central Texas distillery starts producing hand sanitizer to tackle COVID-19 pandemic
The hand sanitizer is 80% alcohol and produced according to World Health Organization (WHO) and FDA standards.
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/desert-door-distillery-starts-producing-hand-sanitizer-to-tackle-covid-19-pandemic/269-af9d8db3-1240-4181-9b3e-fb4a329045e9

Hells to the yeah. Just dont' let the normal mouth breathers try to eat it...

They have to denature it immediately.
Which means putting various compounds that make it taste like shit. (very bitter)

But I did learn something. I had no idea it was ethanol was the alcohol in hand sanitizer. Just automatically assumed it was isopropyl. But ethanol makes sense because it is so easy to make.

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 10:40 PM
federal government likely wouldnt be able to impose a nationwide quarantine (though they can regulate interstate commerce, so they can prevent travel from state to state if they have grounds)... but state's can implement quarantines because they have "police powers" to protect health, safety, welfare of their people

same way somebody mentally ill can be involuntarily committed even if they haven't done anything wrong yet

vy65
03-19-2020, 10:54 PM
federal government likely wouldnt be able to impose a nationwide quarantine (though they can regulate interstate commerce, so they can prevent travel from state to state if they have grounds)... but state's can implement quarantines because they have "police powers" to protect health, safety, welfare of their people

same way somebody mentally ill can be involuntarily committed even if they haven't done anything wrong yet

Balancing test. Compelling state reason.

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Balancing test. Compelling state reason.
yeah probably strict scrutiny

show the measure is necessary to further a compelling state interest. i had to brush up on bar material in the last year so i'm fresh with this shit :lol

phxspurfan
03-20-2020, 12:16 AM
Italy is saying 50%+ of infected people are asymptomatic.

over and over and over, Trash/Repugs failure to provide reliable, high-volume, free tests is negligent manslaughter.

not sure if really this high, but I bet there are a ton of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic infections. One can be lightly infected and have ones immune system keep it at bay I'm sure, just like the cold or flu.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:46 AM

Quarantine is one thing, but saying people cannot congregate is quite another. Saying "you can go places, but not with more than X number of people" seems counter to the 1st. RG's explanation dismissed with prejudice.

Cantwell vs Conn and clear and present danger?

ElNono
03-20-2020, 12:51 AM
Quarantine is one thing, but saying people cannot congregate is quite another. Saying "you can go places, but not with more than X number of people" seems counter to the 1st. RG's explanation dismissed prima facie.

There are exceptions to the 1st amendment when it comes to endangering the public (ie: yelling bomb in a crowded place). I don't particularly think this would be much different.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:55 AM
There are exceptions to the 1st amendment when it comes to endangering the public (ie: yelling bomb in a crowded place). I don't particularly think this would be much different.

Of course there are exceptions. Saying that as a dismissal to the question doesn't answer the question. Is it an exception to prohibit the gathering of people who have not been proven to be infected?

Eg. Texas rules:

Authority. The executive commissioner is responsible for the general statewide administration of the control and prevention of communicable disease in the state. The commissioner may impose an area quarantine, if he or she has reasonable cause to believe that individuals or property in the area may be infected or contaminated with a communicable disease, for the period necessary to determine whether an outbreak of communicable disease has occurred. A health authority may impose a quarantine only within the boundaries of the health authority's jurisdiction. The department, or the local health department having jurisdiction over the location where an individual who is subject to supervision is found, may issue an order for the individual's temporary involuntary treatment, quarantine or isolation.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:58 AM
So that verbiage all seems to related to infected persons or areas around infected persons, not necessarily as a precaution to all people who may become infected or who the state has not bothered to test (and has stated more than once that testing isn't needed without symptoms).

Now granted, I support the measures 100%. I just have the legal question.

Blake
03-20-2020, 01:01 AM
Quarantine is one thing, but saying people cannot congregate is quite another. Saying "you can go places, but not with more than X number of people" seems counter to the 1st. RG's explanation dismissed with prejudice.

Cantwell vs Conn and clear and present danger?

"... The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13] Statutes that prohibit people from assembling and using force or violence to accomplish unlawful purposes are permissible under the First Amendment.[14]

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/peaceful-assembly/us.php#_ftn13

DMC
03-20-2020, 01:02 AM
"... The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13] Statutes that prohibit people from assembling and using force or violence to accomplish unlawful purposes are permissible under the First Amendment.[14]

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/peaceful-assembly/us.php#_ftn13

You'd have to prove that people who the government refuses to test are considered immediate threats to public safety.

Blake
03-20-2020, 01:08 AM
You'd have to prove that people who the government refuses to test are considered immediate threats to public safety.

Nope.

Blake
03-20-2020, 01:25 AM
https://www.necn.com/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-in-nh-ban-on-large-gatherings-challenged-in-court/2248076/

I bet it gets squashed rather easily

Spurtacular
03-20-2020, 02:41 AM
https://www.necn.com/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-in-nh-ban-on-large-gatherings-challenged-in-court/2248076/

Fascist cuckold hates capitalism.

ElNono
03-20-2020, 03:21 AM
Of course there are exceptions. Saying that as a dismissal to the question doesn't answer the question. Is it an exception to prohibit the gathering of people who have not been proven to be infected?

Eg. Texas rules:

Authority. The executive commissioner is responsible for the general statewide administration of the control and prevention of communicable disease in the state. The commissioner may impose an area quarantine, if he or she has reasonable cause to believe that individuals or property in the area may be infected or contaminated with a communicable disease, for the period necessary to determine whether an outbreak of communicable disease has occurred. A health authority may impose a quarantine only within the boundaries of the health authority's jurisdiction. The department, or the local health department having jurisdiction over the location where an individual who is subject to supervision is found, may issue an order for the individual's temporary involuntary treatment, quarantine or isolation.

I didn't dismiss the question, I pretty much addressed it head on. I don't think that's a question that has necessarily been tested in court, especially on the federal, but it does seem to fall within the range of situations where an exception would be valid and legal.

ElNono
03-20-2020, 03:31 AM

Not really, no. The government would have to present expert testimony/evidence that infections are possible even before symptoms manifest, which is really easy to prove in their case. As such, people that has not been tested or don't even believe they require testing might be spreading the disease.

What I would think justices would be interested in hearing is assurances that this exception is temporary in nature, etc.

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2020, 05:08 AM
So that verbiage all seems to related to infected persons or areas around infected persons, not necessarily as a precaution to all people who may become infected or who the state has not bothered to test (and has stated more than once that testing isn't needed without symptoms).

Now granted, I support the measures 100%. I just have the legal question.

https://youtu.be/gzKKdHQ3sVk

This is what is gonna kill a lot of ppl. 5G radiation. While schools and public places are shut down, 5G preps are underway. Once 5G is launched and people start getting ill, Coronavirus will be to blame. Not only that, but a cashless society, mandatory vaccines (microchips), and medical martial law are to come yet here you are cheering on this Orwellian nightmare

This whole Coronavirus is a HOAX, a psyop, and psychological warfare on humanity. The dumb stupid sheep are buying it. What a frustrating time to be a woke person surrounded by zombies.

You were doing so well when this Coronavirus hoax began. What happened? Did daddy Trump convince you that the hoax is real? Was it your Republican party? And now Greg Abbott? Team Red? I'm so disappointed in you smh.

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 06:02 AM
As for what the state is, or is not doing, we have another instance of "conservative" bullshit being bad policy.

https://www.texasobserver.org/how-the-coronavirus-pandemic-exposed-abbotts-hypocrisy-on-local-control/

Stupid Trump party is literally going to get people killed.

but state wide polices blocking Tesla sales, municipal networks, local regulation of rideshare to protect BigDonor is best for all cities

Fuck ALL Repug pols and their voters to HELL

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 07:00 AM
not sure if really this high,

Iceland, confirms that 50% of the positive victims are asymptomatic

So the stupid fucking CDC rule blocking testing until symptoms CAUSES the spread, compounded by early rule that only CDC could test (and it had effectively zero ability to test in volume).

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 09:14 AM
They have to denature it immediately.
Which means putting various compounds that make it taste like shit. (very bitter)

But I did learn something. I had no idea it was ethanol was the alcohol in hand sanitizer. Just automatically assumed it was isopropyl. But ethanol makes sense because it is so easy to make.

That was also my assumption. I think it is really neat.

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 09:14 AM
cuck

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 09:28 AM

David Binford, Eric Couture and Holly Rae Beene filed a lawsuit Tuesday, the day after Republican Gov. Chris Sununu issued the order prohibiting large scheduled gatherings for social, spiritual and recreational activities. They argue there is no emergency, and that the governor is violating their constitutional rights.

“We can choose to assemble if that is our desire. What cannot occur is one man in a position of power deciding to strip us of our rights in the name of safety and without due process,” Couture said in press release.

This from the Christian sharia crowd that wants to ban mosques...

Ooo the irony.

ElNono
03-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Texas orders hospitals to cancel elective surgeries, deploys Guard

AUSTIN, Texas — Gov. Greg Abbott issued two executive orders mandating that the state's health care facilities postpone elective medical procedures and suspending regulations to allow hospitals to treat two patients in one room in an effort to combat the spread of Covid-19.

He also announced the creation of a “strike force” to help Texas procure medical supplies and said that he was deploying the National Guard to help providers organize testing areas and assist hospitals in creating more bed space.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/22/texas-hospitals-surgeries-deploys-guard-142756

SnakeBoy
03-23-2020, 10:34 PM
Don't know if this was posted anywhere.

Texas coronavirus tracker...

https://infogram.com/tracking-texas-coronavirus-cases-1hzj4om00z7p6pw

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 11:15 PM
Dan Patrick just proposed mass self-sacrifice of elders -- for the economy.

The GOP is pretty much a death cult at this point.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2020, 11:20 PM
Dan Patrick just proposed mass self-sacrifice of elders -- for the economy.Well, Dan is 69. Let's see the example he sets.

DarrinS
03-23-2020, 11:23 PM
Don't know if this was posted anywhere.

Texas coronavirus tracker...

https://infogram.com/tracking-texas-coronavirus-cases-1hzj4om00z7p6pw

Thanks. I'm surprised we have more than Houston.

SnakeBoy
03-23-2020, 11:51 PM

I'm not sure if they are counting the travel cases that were brought to lackland

Chris
03-25-2020, 12:52 AM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1242653055851597824?s=19

Blake
03-25-2020, 01:48 AM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1242653055851597824?s=19

That's actually good advice. Had someone tell me they bought a carton of eggs from Jason's Deli of all places

Chris
03-25-2020, 05:13 PM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1242882636730765317?s=19

ChumpDumper
03-25-2020, 05:17 PM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1242882636730765317?s=19Moar socialism!:tu

DMC
03-25-2020, 05:19 PM
Nope.

You cannot just declare every person an immediate threat then do nothing about it (no testing).

Anyone who is a threat to public safety needs to be tested.

Your casual dismissal without cause is duly noted, and expected and that's why I wasn't asking you.

boutons_deux
03-25-2020, 05:22 PM
Abbott, sit down and STFU

“I am governor of 254 counties in the state of Texas,” Abbott said at a press conference Sunday.

“What may be right for places like the large, urban areas may not be right at this particular point in time”

==========

85% of the TX population is now urban.

https://demographics.texas.gov/Resources/publications/2017/2017_08_21_UrbanTexas.pdf (https://demographics.texas.gov/Resources/publications/2017/2017_08_21_UrbanTexas.pdf)

How about the doing the "right thing" for 85% of Texas population?

DMC
03-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Not really, no. The government would have to present expert testimony/evidence that infections are possible even before symptoms manifest, which is really easy to prove in their case. As such, people that has not been tested or don't even believe they require testing might be spreading the disease.

What I would think justices would be interested in hearing is assurances that this exception is temporary in nature, etc.

How would that not be proving they are threats? If you cannot prove they are threats, they do not fall under the provision. What you said would be the government proving they are threats, in court.

ElNono
03-25-2020, 06:25 PM
How would that not be proving they are threats? If you cannot prove they are threats, they do not fall under the provision. What you said would be the government proving they are threats, in court.

I don't know if I misunderstood you before, or we're not following on the same convo, but it would be easy for government to prove they're treats, whether they were denied testing or not (they can certainly explain why they denied testing back at the time testing was scarce).

That's really the bar to suspend freedom of assembly for public health reasons.

boutons_deux
03-25-2020, 07:03 PM
That's actually good advice. Had someone tell me they bought a carton of eggs from Jason's Deli of all places

The restaurants are trying to hang on with deliveries.

I picked up at Formosa Garden and Torchy's.

There was a constant stream of food coming out.

I assume the kitchens were staffed normally.

Then I look around at dozens of the empty chairs and tables, wondering if they can really tread water, maybe for months.

They do have the saving of no wait and bussing staff (who are screwed).

I wish them luck against the venal incompetence of the Repug administration.

boutons_deux
03-25-2020, 07:27 PM
not sure if really this high, but I bet there are a ton of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic infections. One can be lightly infected and have ones immune system keep it at bay I'm sure, just like the cold or flu.

it seems like the more symptomatic you are, the more infectious you are

but

"Even though these people (asymptomatic or slightly symptomatic)

were only 55 per cent as contagious as people with symptoms,

the study found that they were the source of 79 per cent of further infections,

due to there being more of them,

and the higher likelihood that they were out and about.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238473-you-could-be-spreading-the-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/#ixzz6HkZBVQgv (https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238473-you-could-be-spreading-the-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/#ixzz6HkZBVQgv)

Chris
03-25-2020, 08:56 PM
Moar socialism!:tu

nah

ChumpDumper
03-25-2020, 08:58 PM
nahMoney and resources from the central government for the public good.:tu

SnakeBoy
03-25-2020, 09:07 PM
Another Texas Covid-19 tracker

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

boutons_deux
03-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Coronavirus is officially in Texas prisons and jails. Now what?

The Texas prison system and Dallas County both reported the first Texas cases of inmates testing positive for the new coronavirus this week.

Self-quarantines and social distancing aren't always possible for those who've been exposed.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/25/coronavirus-texas-prisons-jails-containment/

phxspurfan
03-25-2020, 10:19 PM
it seems like the more symptomatic you are, the more infectious you are

but

"Even though these people (asymptomatic or slightly symptomatic)

were only 55 per cent as contagious as people with symptoms,

the study found that they were the source of 79 per cent of further infections,

due to there being more of them,

and the higher likelihood that they were out and about.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238473-you-could-be-spreading-the-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/#ixzz6HkZBVQgv (https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238473-you-could-be-spreading-the-coronavirus-without-realising-youve-got-it/#ixzz6HkZBVQgv)

totally true. That's what probably seeded all this shit, was people who thought they had/have just a cold. Everybody who comes into work with just a little cough

slick'81
03-25-2020, 10:29 PM
totally true. That's what probably seeded all this shit, was people who thought they had/have just a cold. Everybody who comes into work with just a little cough

welcome to corona

Blake
03-25-2020, 11:11 PM
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1242882636730765317?s=19

Secede!

Blake
03-25-2020, 11:17 PM
You cannot just declare every person an immediate threat then do nothing about it (no testing).

Anyone who is a threat to public safety needs to be tested.

Your casual dismissal without cause is duly noted, and expected and that's why I wasn't asking you.

Prior legal precedent sets a lower bar than what you're declaring. It's an easy Google. I thought I even spoon fed you the link but I'm feeling generous to give it again if you ask.

Splits
03-26-2020, 05:59 AM
Dan Patrick just proposed mass self-sacrifice of elders -- for the economy.

The GOP is pretty much a death cult at this point.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUBuoH3XgAIBIrY?format=jpg&name=900x900

DMC
03-26-2020, 07:27 AM
Prior legal precedent sets a lower bar than what you're declaring. It's an easy Google. I thought I even spoon fed you the link but I'm feeling generous to give it again if you ask.

I wasn't asking for the lazy opinion of a Layman. There's enough legal expertise here for someone to provide an opinion.

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 08:40 AM

Members of the Trump Death Cult have been taking fewer precautions, because Dear Leader declared it a hoax early on. It has therefore spread the most in the densest part of the most conservative part of the state.

This stuff sorts itself out. Your ideology's delusions about reality and shitting on science and experts has come to fruition.

Thread
03-26-2020, 08:58 AM
Members of the Trump Death Cult have been taking fewer precautions, because Dear Leader declared it a hoax early on. It has therefore spread the most in the densest part of the most conservative part of the state.

This stuff sorts itself out. Your ideology's delusions about reality and shitting on science and experts has come to fruition.

...you mean the (science and experts) who advised us to stay apart by 2 feet, then 2 meters, then six feet, then in a crowd not bigger than 250, then 150, then... ... now in a crowd not larger than 9...

...oh, yeah, real bright guys. They don't know shit from apple butter. They're wandering in the dark just like the next asshole in the line of less than 10.

Big shots.

hater
03-26-2020, 08:58 AM
isnt most of GOP leadership white men in the 60+?

lets start there have a convention where we have few corona superspreaders as key speakers and greeters

we would clean house at GOP first resulting in an immediate economic boom

boutons_deux
03-26-2020, 09:04 AM

The risks of coronavirus in Trump country

The demographics, work patterns and media habits of President Trump's base are putting many of his supporters at elevated risk for the health and economic impacts of coronavirus.

Why it matters: National surveys, including the Axios-Ipsos Coronavirus Index, (https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-coronavirus-index-stress-72c409d2-0a66-48f1-b736-30d07cfce95b.html)found that

Republicans and Midwesterners have been more likely to respond with less urgency than Americans who identify as Democrats or live in coastal centers.

Trump voters in the 2016 exit polls were more likely to be older, married, middle-income, less educated and live in rural areas or the suburbs rather than urban areas.
These factors could put them in danger even though most live outside of crowded cities with high infection rates such as New York and San Francisco.
Trump's response to the crisis and his messaging about its seriousness are important — especially after his early suggestions that the virus wasn't that bad and multiple statements that it's "under control." (https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-statements-about-the-coronavirus/)

https://www.axios.com/trump-supporters-coronavirus-8ba57403-4a5a-4256-89b2-c286ecccd337.html (https://www.axios.com/trump-supporters-coronavirus-8ba57403-4a5a-4256-89b2-c286ecccd337.html)

and Trash's Old White People swallow the LIES from Hannity, Carlson, Rush, AJ, TV pastor grifters, etc

Blake
03-26-2020, 12:47 PM
I wasn't asking for the lazy opinion of a Layman. There's enough legal expertise here for someone to provide an opinion.

There's plenty of legal expert opinion out there. A super sleuth like you should be able to easily find it..... Which means you're just here to argue. Carry on.

Winehole23
03-26-2020, 02:16 PM
Not sure if already posted, a new article in Texas Monthly describes how HEB prepared for the COVID-19 outbreak:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 02:23 PM
isnt most of GOP leadership white men in the 60+?

lets start there have a convention where we have few corona superspreaders as key speakers and greeters

we would clean house at GOP first resulting in an immediate economic boom

Rand Paul FTW.

Odds are pretty high this will end up killing a big-name Trump party member.

Splits
03-26-2020, 02:30 PM
Not sure if already posted, a new article in Texas Monthly describes how HEB prepared for the COVID-19 outbreak:

Thanks, interesting read. If only our government had the foresight of.... H.E.B.

boutons_deux
03-26-2020, 02:51 PM
Thanks, interesting read. If only our government had the foresight of.... H.E.B.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-E- (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-E-B#History)B

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 03:27 PM

Saw that. HEB is a well run company in general. Does not surprise me.

SnakeBoy
03-26-2020, 03:37 PM

So what caused liberal New York to explode with cases? Why didn't their "proper" ideology protect them?

Also, have you been officially diagnosed with retardism?

ChumpDumper
03-26-2020, 03:41 PM
So what caused liberal New York to explode with cases? Why didn't their "proper" ideology protect them?Density and climate, most likely.

Rube states like MS are actively working against local shutdowns. Is that a good thing in your opinion?

Yes or no.

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 03:46 PM

So what caused liberal New York to explode with cases? Why didn't their "proper" ideology protect them?

Because it got hit first, among other factors like density, and mass transit use. Come on man, you already know this, you even know what I am saying is true, you just want to stomp your feet over me pointing out the effects of your failed ideology's war on science and expertise.

This is not difficult to understand, if you take your idiot-colored glasses off for second. White millennials are still not fleeing the Democratic party, and Republicans are not taking this as seriously:

https://hillreporter.com/poll-shows-most-republicans-arent-taking-the-threat-of-coronavirus-seriously-enough-61010

Do you need me to ask you the obvious question of "will the virus spread to you and your family more readily if you don't take precautions?"

I mean, seriously you want to deny reality here too? Rand Paul... cough cough...

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 03:58 PM
Density and climate, most likely.

Rube states like MS are actively working against local shutdowns. Is that a good thing in your opinion?

Yes or no.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/26/us/mississippi-coronavirus-essential-businesses-tate-reeves.html

Days after issuing an executive order that broadly defined most businesses as essential during the coronavirus shutdown, Gov. Tate Reeves of Mississippi said on Thursday that it was not meant to interfere with decisions made by local governments.

Governor Reeves signed the order on Tuesday, saying that essential businesses should be allowed to stay open, with some limitations, during the coronavirus shutdown. It offered a broad list of such businesses, including some that were exempt from limits on gatherings of more than 10 people as long as they took into account “reasonable measures,” such as social distancing and sending sick employees home.

After widespread criticism, Governor Reeves said on Thursday that he would issue a supplemental notice saying that the order was intended as “a floor statewide” for local governments to follow.

Some cities and counties in the state had already imposed their own more narrow restrictions regarding which businesses were considered essential, leading to confusion about how the state order would be executed.

Derp had to walk back his proclamation that essentially reversed what the cities were doing already. This is the kind of decision you make when you have the "faith" pre-existing condition, akin to going to a giant church social.

Trainwreck2100
03-26-2020, 04:00 PM

:lol even heb has a pandemic team

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 04:03 PM

It might have something to do with the fucking stupid way Trump ordered everybody coming back to wait around in a line and get tested. A super-spreading event that any scientist or epidemiologist would have say "don't fucking do that".

THERE WAS CHAOS at international arrivals halls in airports across the United States on Saturday, as President Donald Trump’s hastily ordered European travel ban took effect, and passengers were forced to endure long waits in crowded spaces as federal agents appear to have been overwhelmed by orders to screen travelers for coronavirus.
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/15/trump-travel-ban-causes-chaos-u-s-airports-homeland-security-buckles-strain/

"let's force tens of thousands of people we suspect might have a contagious respiratory disease into confined spaces for hours"

You think that event from two weeks ago might have had something to do with the sudden explosion, geenyus?

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/03/15/us/15virus-airports01alt/merlin_170523249_9123c77b-9fd0-481f-ad9d-f5906e9bb7c0-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

Winehole23
03-26-2020, 04:05 PM

Great company.

SnakeBoy
03-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Come on man, you already know this, you even know what I am saying is true, you just want to stomp your feet over me pointing out the effects of your failed ideology's war on science and expertise.

Well if viral spread is due to ideology...all of the hot spots in the country are blue districts. Therefore one can only conclude that this virus is targeting your ideology. All of Europe is inline with your ideology so that is clear proof. Covid-19 hates you RG. Be careful out there!

DMC
03-26-2020, 09:27 PM
There's plenty of legal expert opinion out there. A super sleuth like you should be able to easily find it..... Which means you're just here to argue. Carry on.

Yet for some reason you felt compelled to respond with your front porch wisdom.

DMC
03-26-2020, 09:28 PM
Rand Paul FTW.

Odds are pretty high this will end up killing a big-name Trump party member.

More stupid Nostradamus blind shit slinging to see if you can score.

Blake
03-26-2020, 11:09 PM
Yet for some reason you felt compelled to respond with your front porch wisdom.

I found the answer pretty quickly per legal expert opinion through an easy Google search. What they say makes perfect sense but I'm not gonna argue on their behalf. That's why I'm just telling you "nope" giving you a link

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 11:18 PM
More stupid Nostradamus blind shit slinging to see if you can score.

(shrugs)

Simple math, given the average age of Trump death cult members in Congress. Same holds true for the aging Democratic leadership. Sanders, Biden, Trump, all are in high risk groups.

I will laugh if it kills Rand Paul.

538 members of congress, all who travel back and forth to districts. figure 60 percent of them will get the illness in the next year, and one percent fatality. that works out to about 3.

Odds are good it will kill someone who posts on this board regularly for that matter. This thing is not going to leave much unscathed.

rascal
03-27-2020, 06:56 PM

Unformed fetuses, not babies

rascal
03-27-2020, 07:00 PM

Large numbers of people living there. Central travel hub to foreign countries.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Gov. Abbott to issue an executive order banning all travel from LA, with limited exceptions, accoring to Fox26 Houston. DPS will be sent to enforce a 14 day quarantine for all who enter Texas from LA.

It's a blatant restraint of interstate commerce, but that'll be a matter for the courts.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 05:31 PM
Gov. Abbott to issue an executive order banning all travel from LA, with limited exceptions, accoring to Fox26 Houston. DPS will be sent to enforce a 14 day quarantine for all who enter Texas from LA.

It's a blatant restraint of interstate commerce, but that'll be a matter for the courts.

Build a WALL... gotta keep those illegal louisiana immigrunts out.

slick'81
03-29-2020, 05:33 PM

And mexico,fck it

Thread
03-29-2020, 05:50 PM

I bet he don't back off like Rhode Island did.

pgardn
03-29-2020, 07:11 PM

This is the mess we have descended into...

Where is the fckn federal government on this?
Good thing the governors in the US have had a big teleconference with Trump and transportation experts on appropriate movement. Mayors are contacting other mayors for guidance... federal government is where?

This is a beautiful argument for centralized control of everything. I would not like to become China.

CosmicCowboy
03-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Mexico isn't taking this shit seriously. Wait till it gets going in mexico city. 3 months from now they will be pouring over the border trying to get away from it.

slick'81
03-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Mexico isn't taking this shit seriously. Wait till it gets going in mexico city. 3 months from now they will be pouring over the border trying to get away from it.

Maybe a wall woulda helped

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 09:56 PM

Sort of makes a wider point about fires in your neighbor's house. If we don't care for our neighbors, it affects us.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 10:23 PM
I bet he don't back off like Rhode Island did.Eh, we'll see. I bet LA doean't back down.

Blake
03-29-2020, 10:31 PM

Secede!

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Coronavirus test results in Texas are taking up to 10 days

Though Texas has dramatically increased its testing capacity,

many who have gotten one are waiting days on end, and

sometimes a week or more, for the results,

according to interviews with patients and health care professionals.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/28/coronavirus-test-results-texas-are-taking-10-days/ (https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/28/coronavirus-test-results-texas-are-taking-10-days/)

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 11:43 AM
Unformed fetuses, not babies

Ask conservatives, if they are cool with giving an extra $500 in stimulus money to pregnant women for their "baby". See how they react.

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 11:44 AM
Ask conservatives, if they are cool with giving an extra $500 in stimulus money to pregnant women for their "baby". See how they react.

Pro-life until they're actually living their life. Then they want nothing to do with them.

DMC
03-30-2020, 11:49 AM
Sort of makes a wider point about fires in your neighbor's house. If we don't care for our neighbors, it affects us.

So I'm sure you've done a lot to help Mexico.

DMC
03-30-2020, 11:49 AM

I don't consider myself strictly conservative but I don't have a problem with it.

weebo
03-30-2020, 12:17 PM
Pro-life until they're actually living their life. Then they want nothing to do with them.

...until you turn 18 and old enough to go die in their wars. Then they love you.

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 12:21 PM
...until you turn 18 and old enough to go die in their wars. Then they love you.

But they'll still fight you tooth and nail when you come back injured or mentally ill and ask for help.

picnroll
03-30-2020, 12:22 PM

Until you disagree with their true hero, commander bone spurs.

DMC
03-30-2020, 03:17 PM
It's funny reading all these posters here like they paid their dues to live in a free country, like they are disabled veteran status and long term PTSD, :lol .. ain't never done anything except sit on your ass and play video games.

elbamba1
03-30-2020, 05:30 PM
Coronavirus test results in Texas are taking up to 10 days

Though Texas has dramatically increased its testing capacity,

many who have gotten one are waiting days on end, and

sometimes a week or more, for the results,

according to interviews with patients and health care professionals.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/28/coronavirus-test-results-texas-are-taking-10-days/ (https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/28/coronavirus-test-results-texas-are-taking-10-days/)

I don't know who the Tribune is talking to but I have a close family member who tested positive over the weekend and the results came back in less than 8 hours.

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 05:36 PM
I don't know who the Tribune is talking to but I have a close family member who tested positive over the weekend and the results came back in less than 8 hours.

Anecdote ��

TeyshaBlue
03-30-2020, 05:41 PM

Yeah. My brother's test came back (negative) in 3 days.