PDA

View Full Version : Fortnite

SpursforSix
03-18-2020, 12:37 PM
My daughter is into this and I thought...shit...I'm a video game badass, I can deal. Especially when I saw how "normal" the controls are.

Unless I hide the whole game, I have pretty terrible survival rates.

Xevious
03-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Nobody plays that shit except tweens who have nothing better to do. You can't jump in blind and expect to compete. Adults have no fucking chance.

SpursforSix
03-18-2020, 02:49 PM
Nobody plays that shit except tweens who have nothing better to do. You can't jump in blind and expect to compete. Adults have no fucking chance.

Maybe I'll realize that. I've seen my daughter frequently finish in the top 10 or so. And she's not someone who plays a ton. So I figured that I could jump in and do OK. But motherfuckers building shit quicker than I can chase them...:lol.
And others coming out of nowhere. It's a far cry from Super Mario.

Reck
03-18-2020, 03:09 PM

They all migrated to tik tok.

So many retarded shit out there.

FrostKing
03-18-2020, 03:26 PM
Cartoonish jibberish

DMC
03-28-2020, 12:03 AM
Never get into a kid's game and expect to compete. They eat, breathe and shit this stuff.

ElNono
03-28-2020, 12:14 AM
It's a great and addictive game, tbh... great mechanics, etc. It's the prototypical pick up and play game...

I must've played won 1 match in like 500... yeah, some of those peeps can build shit super quickly

Reck
03-28-2020, 01:00 AM
It's a great and addictive game, tbh... great mechanics, etc. It's the prototypical pick up and play game...

I must've played won 1 match in like 500... yeah, some of those peeps can build shit super quickly

The shittalk alone is a huge turnoff.

Yeah I wanna hear a teen screeching his lungs out at me because I managed a headshot in.

ElNono
03-28-2020, 01:46 AM
The shittalk alone is a huge turnoff.

Yeah I wanna hear a teen screeching his lungs out at me because I managed a headshot in.

I always play solo, tbh, so don't have to put up with any screeching...

DMC
03-29-2020, 12:32 AM
I always ALWAYS mute everyone in multiplayer games, unless I am playing team deathmatch or something team oriented and know people on my team. I don't want to hear all the buzz word regurgitation and N word every few seconds from 8 year olds.

diego
03-29-2020, 11:18 PM
ive never installed it or even seen it beyond passing. I know the basic premise but I always assumed its online only. Is there a single player mode? my kids are desperate to play it but i dont want them playing anything online yet, only local multiplayer here

ElNono
03-29-2020, 11:55 PM
ive never installed it or even seen it beyond passing. I know the basic premise but I always assumed its online only. Is there a single player mode? my kids are desperate to play it but i dont want them playing anything online yet, only local multiplayer here

Not really, no.

SpursforSix
04-03-2020, 10:49 AM
So I think the strategy is to hide in a box or porta-potty until there's only one or two people left.

SpursforSix
04-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Plus...I'll add that I've seen my daughter play on her phone and it looks way easier when trying to shoot someone.