PDA

View Full Version : Let me set things straight

romsey31
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
First of all I'm not a troll, I really like this board and the people here. In no way am I bashing the Spurs, but I realise people cant give an opinion here without being bashed to the ground by some people. If I think Pacers are gonna win the championship its my opinion, I'm suppose to think that way, I'm a Pacer fan. Not because you guys added Finley and Nick means every other team is gonna roll out a red carpet. Infact whenever Spurs are in town the team they are facing are gonna step their game up 10 notches. Its gonna be a longg season because everyone is gonna want to KO the champs.

& this "does JO have a ring? then Rasho is better " argument is as dumb as a "my dad is stronger than your dad" argument. Rings mean you have a better TEAM work & chemistry, not necessarily better individual talent. There's no way Detroit was better position by position than the Lakers, but they had better team work & chemistry. Thats what won them the ring, you cant say Prince is better than Kobe because of that.

By saying that all I'm trying to say is your bench may have the better individual talent compared to other benches in the league, but other benches may have non big name players who know how to play together and gel, a bench where everyone knows their role, and thats all what matters not how much big name players you have on your roster.

So all im saying is dont get mad when every analyst or human being doesnt expect Spurs to repeat, or think another team is better than they are...leave that up to your boys to prove them wrong. Because trust me, it would be more motivation for them if they kept hearing they couldnt do it, than for them to be overconfident.....(see 2004 lakers)

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I agree, if you are a fan of a team and don't think your team is gonna win it all, you are either not a real fan, or a clippers fan

TOP-CHERRY
11-04-2005, 08:15 PM
This is a Spurs message board. What'd you expect?

SenorSpur
11-04-2005, 09:01 PM
A bit of advice - go join the Pacers message board and you'll get all the Pacer love you could ever want.

JoeChalupa
11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Welcome.

jaffies
11-04-2005, 09:09 PM
what exactly did you set straight, Rommel?

romsey31
11-04-2005, 09:10 PM
A bit of advice - go join the Pacers message board and you'll get all the Pacer love you could ever want.

I wasnt asking for Pacer love or respect......maybe you should read and understand before you "babble"

romsey31
11-04-2005, 09:12 PM
what exactly did you set straight, Rommel?

its Romsey....and Its that I'm not a troll

jaffies
11-04-2005, 09:14 PM
ah, true dat.
I don't think that anyone here considers you a troll.
I personally think you bring more to the table than Artest Factor.

Gatita
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Beinviendo...

midgetonadonkey
11-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Fucking troll.

Just bustin balls dude.

lilmads
11-04-2005, 09:33 PM
I respect you and the love you have for your team... :)

exstatic
11-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I think "rings" is a valid comparison amongst star players. Tim having 3 rings and JO or KG having zero is a meaningful stat. They are the straw that stirs the drink for their respective teams, and Tim is just a better stirrer.

DesiSpur_21
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I hear you man. You are one of the best non-spurs fans on this forum. But The Artest Factor has made things so ugly, these days every pacer-love post is considered a troll :lol

Finish the regular season without any "events", come out of east finals to face the west and then let's see if your team can prove what you claim. Peace.

2centsworth
11-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Of all the different fans who come to this board I'd rate Pacer fans to be some of the dumbest and delusional. As a whole Detroit Fans are some of the best and I like when they post.

Brutalis
11-04-2005, 10:40 PM
I think Detroit fans from what I see here understand how to handle yourselves being winners and losers. While the Pacers have zero's across the board for around 30 years now and seem to have this "now or never" sense to them.

Pistons < Spurs
11-04-2005, 10:46 PM
As a whole Detroit Fans are some of the best and I like when they post.

:fro YEAH!

If I had the power, I'd add a Spur to your profile for that comment! LOL!

romsey31
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Of all the different fans who come to this board I'd rate Pacer fans to be some of the dumbest and delusional. As a whole Detroit Fans are some of the best and I like when they post.

Check!

fdmf
11-04-2005, 11:34 PM
One thing you forget...while it's true that the other teams will be gunning for the champs...it's not like they haven't experienced this before...this ain't Buster Douglass here...the Spurs are a veteran team who gets it done...and if Tony Parker finally plays consistently this year they are a lock IMO (errr..barring injury of course)...not to mention that bench.

(TP is the key...what a chant)

Reggie Miller
11-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Thanks a lot! :rolleyes

Spurs Biggest Fan
11-04-2005, 11:58 PM
uhmmmm OKay... We're not bashing you for having an opinion ...

If you think the Pacers are going to win --more power to you.

It's just that you have to realize -- uh -- YOU ARE on a SPURS board --you do realize that don'tyou? :)

And -- uh -- you are not a troll... ummm kay

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Is his 15mins up yet?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2005, 12:53 AM
but other benches may have non big name players who know how to play together and gel, a bench where everyone knows their role, and thats all what matters not how much big name players you have on your roster.

Are you saying that ours won't gel, or that our bench players don't know their role? :rolleyes

Piss off, Pacer fan.

coopdogg3
11-05-2005, 12:54 AM
All those posts that compared the Pacers and Spurs in individual match-ups that PROVED Indiana had a better team left a pretty bad taste in my mouth about the average Pacer fan.

Now I am just a Homer Spur's fan, but I don't know of another team with a bench as deep as the Spurs right now. It's almost sick how good players have to settle for so few minutes. If we find some young talented player to take the 14ths spot (thats for you MB :) ) our bench will be complete.

spurs=bling
11-05-2005, 12:57 AM
oh god i thought it was reggie posting this

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Because trust me, it would be more motivation for them if they kept hearing they couldnt do it, than for them to be overconfident.....(see 2004 lakers)Malone's injury did them in, not overconfidence. It happens, but it's a better reason than going into the stands....

Kori Ellis
11-05-2005, 01:02 AM
What's the point of this thread? Were you having a similar conversation in another thread and you decided to start a new thread about it to draw more attention to it/yourself?

Because honestly, who cares?

You get a lot of respect here, but if you think it behooves your position to start a thread talking about how you've been treated wrongly in this forum, then you are mistaken. It just makes you look like nothing but an attention whore.

You don't need to lecture Spurs fans about how each team in the league is going to step up their game and gun for the Spurs. Of course they are. Spurs fans know this .. the Spurs have won the title before, remember?

And you know very little about Spurs basketball if you think this team's bench is just built on grabbing some name players and throwing them together and calling it a team. Every single person who comes to the Spurs knows their role, or they don't play. This organization is built on team chemistry. The team runs like a machine with every player doing their part to make the team function as efficiently as possible.

So don't come in here with your B.S. grandstanding thread about chemistry.

And like a bench player, you need to learn your role here in this forum.

spurs=bling
11-05-2005, 01:04 AM
What's the point of this thread? Were you having a similar conversation in another thread and you decided to start a new thread about it to draw more attention to it/yourself?

You get a lot of respect here, but if you think it behooves your position to start a thread talking about how you've been treated wrongly in this forum, then you are mistaken. It just makes you look like nothing but an attention whore.

You don't need to lecture Spurs fans about how each team in the league is going to step up their game and gun for the Spurs. Of course they are. Spurs fans know this .. the Spurs have won the title before, remember?

And you know very little about Spurs basketball if you think this team's bench is just built on grabbing some name players and throwing them together and calling it a team. Every single person who comes to the Spurs knows their role, or they don't play. This organization is built on team chemistry. The team runs like a machine with every player doing their part to make the team function as efficiently as possible.

Romsey just got :owned

coopdogg3
11-05-2005, 01:05 AM

Kori, that was awesome. Ouch.

ZStomp
11-05-2005, 03:04 AM
First of all I'm not a troll, I really like this board and the people here. In no way am I bashing the Spurs, but I realise people cant give an opinion here without being bashed to the ground by some people. If I think Pacers are gonna win the championship its my opinion, I'm suppose to think that way, I'm a Pacer fan. Not because you guys added Finley and Nick means every other team is gonna roll out a red carpet. Infact whenever Spurs are in town the team they are facing are gonna step their game up 10 notches. Its gonna be a longg season because everyone is gonna want to KO the champs.

& this "does JO have a ring? then Rasho is better " argument is as dumb as a "my dad is stronger than your dad" argument. Rings mean you have a better TEAM work & chemistry, not necessarily better individual talent. There's no way Detroit was better position by position than the Lakers, but they had better team work & chemistry. Thats what won them the ring, you cant say Prince is better than Kobe because of that.

By saying that all I'm trying to say is your bench may have the better individual talent compared to other benches in the league, but other benches may have non big name players who know how to play together and gel, a bench where everyone knows their role, and thats all what matters not how much big name players you have on your roster.

So all im saying is dont get mad when every analyst or human being doesnt expect Spurs to repeat, or think another team is better than they are...leave that up to your boys to prove them wrong. Because trust me, it would be more motivation for them if they kept hearing they couldnt do it, than for them to be overconfident.....(see 2004 lakers)

I agree. If only I could go through all my posts and post the things I've said before about this. Too many people in here get pissed when someone says something bad about the Spurs ( :lol ) and equally upset when something bad is said about them. Get over it I say. WHO CARES?

duncan2k5
11-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Damn...remind me not to get on Kori's bad side...ouch...

romsey31
11-05-2005, 04:36 AM
Dam Kori that was cold. if you wanna think Im an attention whore so be it.....I know Im not, if I came across that way, my bad. & yea I'll know my role .................. :oops

romsey31
11-05-2005, 04:37 AM
I agree. If only I could go through all my posts and post the things I've said before about this. Too many people in here get pissed when someone says something bad about the Spurs ( :lol ) and equally upset when something bad is said about them. Get over it I say. WHO CARES?

Yea I'll do that form now on

romsey31
11-05-2005, 04:37 AM
Romsey just got :owned

Like whoa!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to drink some brake fluid and lie down in my Pacer jersey :drunk Dam that was harsh

Jelly
11-05-2005, 09:55 AM
I think Detroit fans from what I see here understand how to handle yourselves being winners and losers. While the Pacers have zero's across the board for around 30 years now and seem to have this "now or never" sense to them.

Stupid thing to gloat about. It wasn't that long ago that all we had were "zero's across the board for around 30 years".

Shelly
11-05-2005, 09:58 AM

Don't diss Pooh like that! :lol

orhe
11-05-2005, 10:09 AM
on a side note... where's pooh? i haven't seen him post for quite a while

exstatic
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Probably writing his next seventy page book....

Useruser666
11-05-2005, 12:03 PM
....and Jack fell down.

TOP-CHERRY
11-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Poor romsey, that bastard.

We all love you romsey.

:)

SenorSpur
11-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Ooops! Consider that a bitch-slap. Or maybe a rejection out to half-court.

"Don't bring that weak shit in here!"

bigbendbruisebrother
11-05-2005, 05:15 PM
you cant say Prince is better than Kobe because of that.

Come now, Purple Rain beats Purple Reign every time.

SA Gunslinger
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM

Ouch! :lol