PDA

View Full Version : Senate Intel chair sold up to $1.6 million in stock before market crash

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 08:34 PM
Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) dumped between $582,029 and $1.56 million of his stocks on Feb. 13, days after writing a Fox News op-ed that said the U.S. is "better prepared than ever before" to face public health threats like the coronavirus, according to ProPublica.

Why it matters: Reuters reported on Feb. 27 that as chairman of the secretive committee, Burr had been receiving daily updates from the intelligence community about the outbreak.

NPR reported earlier Thursday that Burr struck a much darker tone on Feb. 27, telling a private luncheon of constituents that the coronavirus is "much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history."
"It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic," he added.
The stock market has dropped about 30% since Burr's sales.
Between the lines: Burr's sell-offs — which were executed between his op-ed and later warnings — included stocks in several companies that were set to be hit particularly hard by the coronavirus, according to ProPublica.

Up to $150,000 of his sold stocks were shares of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts. Up to $100,000 were shares of the hospitality chain Extended Stay America.
Tourism has been one of the hardest hit industries as travel has come to a virtual standstill as a result of the pandemic.
Worth noting: In 2012, Burr was one of only three senators to oppose a bill that would explicitly bar members of Congress and their staff from using non-public information for personal benefit, including stock-trading.

What they're saying:

“Senator Burr filed a financial disclosure form for personal transactions made several weeks before the U.S. and financial markets showed signs of volatility due to the growing coronavirus outbreak. As the situation continues to evolve daily, he has been deeply concerned by the steep and sudden toll this pandemic is taking on our economy.”
— A spokesperson told ProPublica
Burr's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Axios.

https://www.axios.com/richard-burr-coronavirus-stock-7bd10426-de87-43d7-9939-8241d2ab08db.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Total coincidence, I'm sure.

Spurs Homer
03-19-2020, 08:43 PM
Pretty sure at least the GOP - if not ALL of congress knew all about this and took care of their own interests $$$

we are on our own here - in EVERYTHING - right now -

our safety
our economic fate

Trill Clinton
03-19-2020, 09:02 PM

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 09:16 PM

midnightpulp
03-19-2020, 09:20 PM
"Bootstraps."

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 09:22 PM
"Bootstraps."
boomers tbh

well, burr, at least :lol

DMC
03-19-2020, 09:28 PM
What about his kid? The Burrito?

midnightpulp
03-19-2020, 09:28 PM
republicans tbh

well, burr, at least :lol

FIFY

baseline bum
03-19-2020, 09:33 PM
Bootstraps Ron Johnson

boutons_deux
03-19-2020, 09:35 PM
Third GOP Senator caught dumping stock before the market crash — this time up to $25 million worth

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/third-gop-senator-caught-dumping-stock-before-the-market-crash-this-time-up-to-25-million-worth/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/third-gop-senator-caught-dumping-stock-before-the-market-crash-this-time-up-to-25-million-worth/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29)

DMX7
03-19-2020, 09:37 PM
Bootstraps Ron Johnson

Burr was reportedly selling off hotel stocks which makes it look even worse.

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:38 PM

Trump is going to get his fee fees hurt because someone else is getting press. :lol

RandomGuy
03-19-2020, 09:38 PM
Third GOP Senator caught dumping stock before the market crash — this time up to $25 million worth

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/third-gop-senator-caught-dumping-stock-before-the-market-crash-this-time-up-to-25-million-worth/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/third-gop-senator-caught-dumping-stock-before-the-market-crash-this-time-up-to-25-million-worth/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29)

SURPRISE!!!

baseline bum
03-19-2020, 09:43 PM

Hmmm... I wonder if he'll call for Johnson to resign too? I wonder.

hater
03-19-2020, 09:49 PM
I know of a few CEOs and high ups that sold their stocks mid February

they got briefed on shit

boutons_deux
03-19-2020, 09:55 PM
What about the richies to whom Burr leaked non-public information?

Who were they and how much stock did they dump?

I'm sure Billy Barr and the Repug SEC will pursue this quickly and aggressively, sorta like Benghazi and butter emails, right?

Thread
03-19-2020, 09:58 PM
Indefensible.

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 10:27 PM

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:38 PM
Wow people dumped stock and the market crashed. Go figure. I would think they'd wait for it to crash then dump it. Of course, then you have to wonder why it crashed if no one dumped stock.

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 10:40 PM
Wow people dumped stock and the market crashed. Go figure. I would think they'd wait for it to crash then dump it. Of course, then you have to wonder why it crashed if no one dumped stock.

The market didn't crash on 1/24.

What objectively bad thing done by elected leaders will you NOT defend?

You're basically arguing that insider trading is okay.

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:43 PM
Let's see,

Election year? Check
Oil price war between Russia and Saudi? Check
Pandemic? Check

Yeah, someone had inside information.

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:45 PM
The market didn't crash on 1/24.

What objectively bad thing done by elected leaders will you NOT defend?

You're basically arguing that insider trading is okay.
You're basically pretending you've proven insider trading occurred. Do you think these politicians had some inside info on corporations and FDA things and such? Or did they see the storm coming before some others?

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 10:47 PM
inhofe is the fuckface that thought a snowball in his hand disproved climate change

DMC
03-19-2020, 10:50 PM
Stock Market Today:
Stock Market Today: January 24, 2020
Harvey S. Katz, CFA and Adam Rosner | January 24, 2020

After The Close - Stocks opened higher this morning, but sank deep into negative territory in the afternoon. The averages attempted to recover some ground late in the session, but with limited success. Earlier today sentiment seemed somewhat optimistic. However, the mood turned apprehensive, as traders worried that a deadly virus in China might be difficult to contain. Of note, the virus has made its way to a number of countries, and a second person in the U.S. was recently diagnosed with the illness. Investors seem to fear that a wider outbreak might put a damper on global business. At the close of the day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down about 170 points; the broader S&P 500 Index was off 30 points, and the NASDAQ was lower by 88 points. Market breadth was decidedly negative, as losers outpaced winners by a wide margin on the NYSE. Most of the major market sectors lost ground, with pronounced weakness in the services and healthcare issues. Stocks related to the travel and leisure industries moved lower on health concerns. In contrast, the utilities managed to outperform.

Guess what? Utilities are still doing well in many instances.

:lol Insider trading

Just admit you don't have the portfolio to justify keeping track. You probably let someone like Fidelity manage your stuff.

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 10:55 PM
You're basically pretending you've proven insider trading occurred. Do you think these politicians had some inside info on corporations and FDA things and such? Or did they see the storm coming before some others?

What was DMC saying about “the storm” on 1/24?

Man that guy is dumbass.

James Inhofe is a genius.

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 10:57 PM

Look, dude, even Tucker Carlson is saying he should resign. You're not fooling anyone by pretending to believe they were just savvy traders.

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 10:57 PM
Just admit you don't have the portfolio to justify keeping track. You probably let someone like Fidelity manage your stuff.

:lmao

You had to know that "You guys are just jealous" was coming...

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Stock Market Today:
Stock Market Today: January 24, 2020
Harvey S. Katz, CFA and Adam Rosner | January 24, 2020

After The Close - Stocks opened higher this morning, but sank deep into negative territory in the afternoon. The averages attempted to recover some ground late in the session, but with limited success. Earlier today sentiment seemed somewhat optimistic. However, the mood turned apprehensive, as traders worried that a deadly virus in China might be difficult to contain. Of note, the virus has made its way to a number of countries, and a second person in the U.S. was recently diagnosed with the illness. Investors seem to fear that a wider outbreak might put a damper on global business. At the close of the day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down about 170 points; the broader S&P 500 Index was off 30 points, and the NASDAQ was lower by 88 points. Market breadth was decidedly negative, as losers outpaced winners by a wide margin on the NYSE. Most of the major market sectors lost ground, with pronounced weakness in the services and healthcare issues. Stocks related to the travel and leisure industries moved lower on health concerns. In contrast, the utilities managed to outperform.

Guess what? Utilities are still doing well in many instances.

:lol Insider trading

Weren’t you claiming everybody was panicking for no reason like 3 days ago?

You’re a fucking trump moron.

Reck
03-19-2020, 11:01 PM
:lol Feinstein

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:03 PM
What was DMC saying about “the storm” on 1/24?

Man that guy is dumbass.

James Inhofe is a genius.

Inovio plans to rapidly develop INO-4800 against the new coronavirus and has already started preclinical testing and preparations for clinical product manufacturing. The goal of this collaboration is to leverage Advaccine's expertise to run a Phase 1 trial in China in parallel with Inovio's clinical development efforts in the U.S. Inovio and Advaccine will also work together to attract additional grant funding and further collaborations with larger vaccine companies in China to increase the speed of future testing of INO-4800.

Investment nod... nudge nudge

INO

Inovio Collaborating With Beijing Advaccine To Advance INO-4800 Vaccine Against New Coronavirus In China
January 30, 2020

Up 350% when I sold. Good enough movement even today to make it tidy profit. It was at 8.53 at its lowest and I saw it at 11.50 already.

Don't need to worry about the storm. I made a profit on the speculation.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:05 PM
Look, dude, even Tucker Carlson is saying he should resign. You're not fooling anyone by pretending to believe they were just savvy traders.

Well if Tucker says it...

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 11:05 PM
:lol Feinstein
:lmao "no involvement in her husband's financial decisions"... yeah ok

A spokesman for Ms. Feinstein said that she played no role in the decision to sell the stock. “All of Senator Feinstein’s assets are in a blind trust,” a spokesman, Tom Mentzer, said in a statement. “She has no involvement in her husband’s financial decisions.”

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:08 PM
Weren’t you claiming everybody was panicking for no reason like 3 days ago?

You’re a fucking trump moron.

There's a difference between panic buying and panic selling. The TP hoarding crowd (you're probably one of them) were led by news sites and articles telling them to stock up. Investors who dumped stock did so because of many different things happening at the same time. Did you have any stock to dump? Beef broth doesn't count.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:09 PM

You had to know that "You guys are just jealous" was coming...

Let's launch a congressional investigation into congress during a pandemic and countrywide shutdown.

:lol idiots

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:10 PM
I dumped all my stocks too. Am I doing insider trading to know Inovio was a good bet in January?

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:11 PM
Don't need to worry about the storm. I made a profit on the speculation.

On 1/25

They already have the vaccine. It has to get more press first. Every year there's a new "end of the world" virus coming out of China.

Sounds like you had the same info as the US Senate.

spurraider21
03-19-2020, 11:12 PM
I dumped all my stocks too. Am I doing insider trading to know Inovio was a good bet in January?
so because somebody could make a savvy investing decision that means insider trading cant possibly happen

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:12 PM
On 1/25

Sounds like you had the same info as the US Senate.

Tongue in cheek comments snare you quite often, no doubt a result of your Brunner's syndrome imo.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:13 PM
so because somebody could make a savvy investing decision that means insider trading cant possibly happen

Non sequitur

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 11:15 PM
Let's launch a congressional investigation into congress during a pandemic and countrywide shutdown.

:lol idiots

"We should abstain from prosecuting crimes of the rich and powerful while there is an economic crisis."

That's a great precedent. What a useful idiot. No wonder you're a Trump voter.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:16 PM
"We should abstain from prosecuting crimes of the rich and powerful while there is an economic crisis."

That's a great precedent. What a useful idiot. No wonder you're a Trump voter.

Non violent crimes

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Well if Tucker says it...

If Tucker says anything critical about a Republican, it's worth giving pause. It's hard to go more "useful idiot" than he is, but you've accepted the challenge apparently.

Spurminator
03-19-2020, 11:20 PM
Non violent crimes

So's looting, but I'm guessing you'd have the entire police force focused on them instead of Republican leaders.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:20 PM
If Tucker says anything critical about a Republican, it's worth giving pause. It's hard to go more "useful idiot" than he is, but you've accepted the challenge apparently.

I don't give any credence to anything on Fox or CNN. They are both agenda based echo chamber organizations. Pretending you have more credibility by citing someone from one or the other who goes the other way once in a while is cute.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:22 PM
So's looting, but I'm guessing you'd have the entire police force focused on them instead of Republican leaders.

You're ok with Philly not arresting non violent offenders.

Do you think a couple years of investigations followed by no-name patsies taking token falls while the actual meat of the investigation either walks or is pardoned really makes a lot of sense, given what we've been through in the past 3 years and the fact that nothing changed because of it?

Rhetorical.

And it's not worth giving pause when an echo chamber loud mouth takes on someone from his own party due to some past transgression where there's an axe to grind.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:22 PM

BS

Prove it.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:24 PM
BS

Prove it.

:lol So I am supposed to show you my documentation?

Don't hold your breath (actually do).

There's no longer proof required to make a statement here. Baseless claims are the new norm.

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:24 PM
There's a difference between panic buying and panic selling. The TP hoarding crowd (you're probably one of them) were led by news sites and articles telling them to stock up. Investors who dumped stock did so because of many different things happening at the same time. Did you have any stock to dump? Beef broth doesn't count.

So you took advantage of a panicking market and made a few bucks. Good for you.

Do you acknowledge the virus is a serious threat and do you still think Donald’s response was sufficient?

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:26 PM
:lol So I am supposed to show you my documentation?

Don't hold your breath (actually do).

There's no longer proof required to make a statement here. Baseless claims are the new norm.

Then it means shit along with your Gold statements.
And they were shit.

How much money have you lost in Gold, or better yet, your friend the Gold?
(Do I expect honesty...hah)
From the Phd Head hunter, do I expect honesty...

People that always win in this shit, are flat out liars, especially if they are old and have played the game enough.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:26 PM
So you took advantage of a panicking market and made a few bucks. Good for you.

Do you acknowledge the virus is a serious threat and do you still think Donald’s response was sufficient?

I am not on trial here, and I will not be pawed at by a Brunner's kid.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:27 PM
Then it means shit along with your Gold statements.
And they were shit.

That works for me. I have the same funds regardless of what you think. :lol

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:28 PM
I am not on trial here, and I will not be pawed at by a Brunner's kid.

Oh you’ve been pawed at. Don’t forget who put you on the trump train motherfucker.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:31 PM
That works for me. I have the same funds regardless of what you think. :lol

The emoticon comes out.
Nervous on display.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
I am not on trial here

Sure you are.
When you make the claims.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:34 PM
Oh you’ve been pawed at. Don’t forget who put you on the trump train motherfucker.

That would be Pete. I was with Pete until he faded then because of how the dems fucked Bernie (didn't like Bernie but still), I decided to vote for Trump. I am still not committed to it. You haven't really done anything of the sort, so hate to burst your bubble.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:35 PM
Sure you are.
When you make the claims.

Prove it.

DarrinS
03-19-2020, 11:35 PM
This isn't really insider info, tbh. I think a lot of investors saw this coming.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:36 PM
The emoticon comes out.
Nervous on display.
Indifferent. You don't need to believe I sold my stocks. You can believe whatever you feel compelled to believe, I'm ok with it.

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:38 PM
That would be Pete. I was with Pete until he faded then because of how the dems fucked Bernie (didn't like Bernie but still), I decided to vote for Trump. I am still not committed to it. You haven't really done anything of the sort, so hate to burst your bubble.

:lol mayor pete :lol

you’re on the trump train morherfucker

And I put you there.

Me.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:41 PM
:lol mayor pete :lol

you’re on the trump train morherfucker

And I put you there.

Me.

Dunning-Kruger in full effect ^

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:43 PM
This isn't really insider info, tbh. I think a lot of investors saw this coming.

Sure. The market's precipitous drop was not until a month later. These guys sold the day after a briefing on the virus. Should we be burned at the stake for questioning the timing?

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:43 PM
Oh. I didn’t realize you were undecided now. So it’s between Biden and Mayor Pete? :lol

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:44 PM
Dunning-Kruger in full effect ^

Ok RG

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:46 PM
:lol

And your response to biden v mayor pete?

Th'Pusher
03-19-2020, 11:48 PM
:lol Honest broker

DarrinS
03-19-2020, 11:51 PM
Sure. The market's precipitous drop was not until a month later. These guys sold the day after a briefing on the virus. Should we be burned at the stake for questioning the timing?

Google Congress and IPO's.

Say hello to Nancy for me.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:52 PM
And your response to biden v mayor pete?

So far. I am keeping my options on the table for at least those two.

The link works, I know that's a lot to ask of you though with your focus on your false narrative and all.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:55 PM
I dumped all my stocks too.

Prove the claim.
I call it worthless ST bragging.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:56 PM
Prove the claim.
I call it worthless ST bragging.

You'll need to establish that I am on trial, as you claimed, before you can compel me to testify.

Please present your case.

Otherwise, you can call it anything you like, put a bow on it and take it out for a pasta dinner.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:57 PM
Indifferent. You don't need to believe I sold my stocks. You can believe whatever you feel compelled to believe, I'm ok with it.

Sure.
You always win.
How could it possibly be otherwise.

DMC
03-19-2020, 11:57 PM
Sure.
You always win.
How could it possibly be otherwise.

I tipped you off, if you didn't win that's on you.

pgardn
03-19-2020, 11:59 PM
You'll need to establish that I am on trial, as you claimed, before you can compel me to testify.

Please present your case.

This is not a court and you dont have to do anything except brag.
And you have done so. And you will again. Because you never take an L in finances.
My contention is that if you have not, as old as you are, you have not played the game long enough, or you are a liar.

Thats it.
Thats all.

DarrinS
03-20-2020, 12:00 AM
I didn't dump any stocks. It's gonna come back, tbh.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:01 AM
This is not a court and you dont have to do anything except brag.
And you have done so. And you will again. Because you never take an L in finances.
My contention is that if you have not, as old as you are, you have not played the game long enough, or you are a liar.

Thats it.
Thats all.

So I am not on trail as you claimed.

I only invest in stocks I know something about. I don't bet on sporting events nor gamble. There's a reason I don't take financial L's. I didn't make a fortune on INO but I did make enough to pay for my home remodel.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:02 AM
I tipped you off, if you didn't win that's on you.

I win and lose constantly.
Like most.
But in the long run, dollar cost averaging will save the day unless I play guessing games like you do so well.

Its an honest assessment of my relatively short time in the game.

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 12:02 AM
make up claim

asked to support claim

:cry i will not be pawed at. i'm not on trial :cry

derpmc

Th'Pusher
03-20-2020, 12:03 AM
The link works, I know that's a lot to ask of you though with your focus on your false narrative and all.

Don’t be silly.

You’re response was...

“I support trump now”

I batted you onto the trump train

Deal with the consequences

:lol pawed at

::lol shitbag troll.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:03 AM
I didn't dump any stocks. It's gonna come back, tbh.

You're playing the long game. I get in and get out.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:04 AM
Don’t be silly.

You’re response was...

“I support trump now”

I batted you onto the trump train

Deal with the consequences

:lol pawed at

::lol shitbag troll.

I told you why. It had nothing to do with you. I realize you need me to validate you here, but you'll have to try some other tactic.

Th'Pusher
03-20-2020, 12:04 AM
make up claim

asked to support claim

derpmc

Low value add

Shitbag troll tbh

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:05 AM
I win and lose constantly.
Like most.
But in the long run, dollar cost averaging will save the day unless I play guessing games like you do so well.

Its an honest assessment of my relatively short time in the game.

I wasn't guessing. Show me a stock I suggested here that lost. I've only ever suggested one.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:05 AM
So I am not on trail as you claimed.

I only invest in stocks I know something about. I don't bet on sporting events nor gamble. There's a reason I don't take financial L's. I didn't make a fortune on INO but I did make enough to pay for my home remodel.

You are not in a court.
You are on trial on a message board. Everyone is to a certain extent.

Peeps can take what they want from your shit.
You posted something that defies odds in my estimation, so you are on a message board trial.
Why dont you keep an "accurate" account for the board like Avante did(not).

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:07 AM
make up claim

asked to support claim

derpmc

Prove you're an attorney

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:07 AM
I wasn't guessing. Show me a stock I suggested here that lost. I've only ever suggested one.

Of course you have only suggested one.
You cant really lose that way.

Manage a hypothetical bundle for the board and start tonight.
Start a thread.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:08 AM
You are not in a court.
You are on trial on a message board. Everyone is to a certain extent.

Peeps can take what they want from your shit.
You posted something that defies odds in my estimation, so you are on a message board trial.
Why dont you keep an "accurate" account for the board like Avante did(not).

So because I mention an obscure stock multiple times and even nudge people to look at it, I was defying odds? This explains why some of you struggle. I can only lead you to the gold, I cannot claim it for you.

DarrinS
You're playing the long game. I get in and get out.

True. I believe in the historical trend.

Th'Pusher
I told you why. It had nothing to do with you. I realize you need me to validate you here, but you'll have to try some other tactic.

Batted around like a bag of catnip tbh.

:lol I support trump now :lol

:lol trump had a great response to the corona virus :lol

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:10 AM
So because I mention an obscure stock multiple times and even nudge people to look at it, I was defying odds? This explains why some of you struggle. I can only lead you to the gold, I cannot claim it for you.

The wise one can only lead me to gold...
Oh please. Help me.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:11 AM
Of course you have only suggested one.
You cant really lose that way.

Manage a hypothetical bundle for the board and start tonight.
Start a thread.

I'm not an idiot. If it's a sure thing I'll invest. It was a sure thing. I invested. It tripled in days, I sold. I could have bought and sold a few more times but it became too volatile.

The proof is right there in my posts. Argue with that. Your red herring about managing a bundle of stocks is just that, have fun with it.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:12 AM

No.
Because you deftly defied this huge down turn.
Without actually saying get the hell out now in Jan or Feb.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:13 AM
I'm not an idiot. If it's a sure thing I'll invest. It was a sure thing. I invested. It tripled in days, I sold. I could have bought and sold a few more times but it became too volatile.

The proof is right there in my posts. Argue with that. Your red herring about managing a bundle of stocks is just that, have fun with it.

And have you ever posted on a loss?

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:15 AM
The wise one can only lead me to gold...
Oh please. Help me.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284175&page=2&p=10098459&viewfull=1#post10098459

https://g.foolcdn.com/image/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fg.foolcdn.com%2Feditorial%2Fima ges%2F563968%2Fino.PNG&w=700&op=resize

Call it whatever you like.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:16 AM
And have you ever posted on a loss?

You mean in the stock market?

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:17 AM
No.
Because you deftly defied this huge down turn.
Without actually saying get the hell out now in Jan or Feb.

I did say get out, in the investment thread in the Club, but only for the stock I tipped you on.

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 12:24 AM
Prove you're an attorney

https://i.gyazo.com/c5ee78d182784da9cb7daecbcdc36214.jpg

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:27 AM
Prove that's you.

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 12:31 AM
Prove that's you.
It’s not part of any argument i was making or relevant to any discussion.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:31 AM
Sure.

He needs his name so he can get a poor guy's face on here who is not Chump because of the board detectives.
Then Kori has to kick people off for being idiots.

Honestly, we can never expect a politician to be straight.
We dont expect it of ourselves.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 12:33 AM
I did say get out, in the investment thread in the Club, but only for the stock I tipped you on.

And of course you could have probably thrown a dart at a board and that stock would have gone down by this juncture.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:36 AM
It’s not part of any argument i was making or relevant to any discussion.

How is proof that someone bought or sold stocks relevant to a discussion about buying and selling stocks?

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:39 AM
And of course you could have probably thrown a dart at a board and that stock would have gone down by this juncture.

But I didn't recommend the stock because it was going down. I recommended it for another reason. You can rodeo this all night if you like, the proof is right there in the posts and dates of the posts. You can nay say it all you like, the money is the same before and after your tantrum.

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:40 AM
Sure.

He needs his name so he can get a poor guy's face on here who is not Chump because of the board detectives.
Then Kori has to kick people off for being idiots.

Honestly, we can never expect a politician to be straight.
We dont expect it of ourselves.

Even if he provides a name, how does it prove that's him? Even if Kori says "that's the name associated with the account" it still doesn't prove it's him.

He should know this. Ergo I cannot provide "proof" I sold "all my stocks" and don't care to provide you with anything in fact.

Spurtacular
03-20-2020, 03:32 AM
Pretty sure at least the GOP - if not ALL of congress knew all about this and took care of their own interests $$$

That doesn't make CuckoldGuy feel better.

ElNono
03-20-2020, 03:42 AM
I can attest and prove sr21 is a lawyer, tbh...

That said, these are all typical cases of conflict of interest. The real solution here is that when you assume public office, you either divest and/or move all your holdings to a blind trust. The almost immediate reaction is, who would want to be a public servant in that case? Well, people that want to serve other people.

If a rule like that would cause politicos to walk away from Congress, etc after a while, then even better yet.

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 06:11 AM
"people that want to serve other people."

antithetical to predatory, avaricious, sociopathic Capitalism

Capitalism excludes humanity

What about Trash and his family?

Sovereign funds he was expecting dark money from?

Who else did Trash tell that he was delaying the Wall St crash until BigDonor could profit-take?

LaMarcus Bryant
03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
These crimes should be punishable by public execution, honestly imagine the morale boost to the public. Not even kidding

SnakeBoy
03-20-2020, 08:01 AM

This is pretty stupid. It's not insider trading to sell a hotel stock because a pandemic is sweeping the globe. By Feb 27th all of everyone who was paying attention knew wtf was coming. Shit I had already stocked our pantry and bought chloroquine by then.

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 08:15 AM
Cuck

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 08:25 AM
This is pretty stupid. It's not insider trading to sell a hotel stock because a pandemic is sweeping the globe. By Feb 27th all of everyone who was paying attention knew wtf was coming. Shit I had already stocked our pantry and bought chloroquine by then.

It was obvious early on, to anyone with access to the best information.

The optics are horrible, even if it was legal, which may be debatable.

The Trump party line that the Trump party was having to ape "nothing wrong at all, its just like the flu, everything normal" in public, while selling off stocks in private...

It's almost as if being morally and intellectually bankrupt makes you blind to it.

Lie, lie, lie and then lie some more. smh

You can count though, on the Barr Justice Department to look the other way. Trump would not want the scandal, so he will pull the leash on his lapdog pretty hard to cover up any law-breaking by his Party members.

Wouldn't want anything bad to reflect on Dear Leader, right?

hater
03-20-2020, 08:34 AM

I dont think anyone saw 1/3 stock to be wiped out tbqh

I also was ready for pandemic late January and all stocked up but I was stocked up for worse case scenario. I didnt really expect it to happen thus why I didnt bother to sell stock

you only sell stock if you are very certain of something.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 08:39 AM
Even if he provides a name, how does it prove that's him? Even if Kori says "that's the name associated with the account" it still doesn't prove it's him.

He should know this. Ergo I cannot provide "proof" I sold "all my stocks" and don't care to provide you with anything in fact.

Its a fckn message board of course you can’t.
But statistically, if you have played the stock game, you have lost before numbnuts.
When you only provide your winners, you have less credibility for anyone who understands probability.

Hence, you have not really played the game long enough, or you dress up stuff so you can look like some sort of expert.
Its not that difficult.

Back to the fleeting subject:

You are not a senator with access to meetings AND timing things well. Those are red flags for insiders. They have not been prosecuted with anything. But others with insider knowledge have. And then when people make unusually large moves that are timed with meetings more than once, a pattern emerges, especially with specific moves that were subjects of meetings. Sometimes they lose money because it does not work out but it is still timed suspiciously. Don’t compare your knowledgeable savant self with people that can access much more info and can most likely act on it much more quickly.

“I did it, so why couldn’t these people”
This above is trash in so many ways.

DMC
03-20-2020, 08:41 AM
I can attest and prove sr21 is a lawyer, tbh...

That said, these are all typical cases of conflict of interest. The real solution here is that when you assume public office, you either divest and/or move all your holdings to a blind trust. The almost immediate reaction is, who would want to be a public servant in that case? Well, people that want to serve other people.

If a rule like that would cause politicos to walk away from Congress, etc after a while, then even better yet.

Yeah but you're just his alt tbh

DMC
03-20-2020, 08:43 AM
Its a fckn message board of course you can’t.
But statistically, if you have played the stock game, you have lost before numbnuts.
When you only provide your winners, you have less credibility for anyone who understands probability.

Hence, you have not really played the game long enough, or you dress up stuff so you can look like some sort of expert.
Its not that difficult.

Back to the fleeting subject:

You are not a senator with access to meetings AND timing things well. Those are red flags for insiders. They have not been prosecuted with anything. But others with insider knowledge have. And then when people make unusually large moves that are timed with meetings more than once, a pattern emerges, especially with specific moves that were subjects of meetings. Sometimes they lose money because it does not work out but it is still timed suspiciously. Don’t compare your knowledgeable savant self with people that can access much more info and can most likely act on it much more quickly.

“I did it, so why couldn’t these people”
This above is trash in so many ways.

You assumed too much and filled in the blanks with your narrative.

I didn't say I play the stock game. I said I dumped all my stocks. You built a story from that.

One problem here is that every argument is treated as if the person arguing has a personal stake in the outcome. There cannot be simply an argument based on competing theories.

I do believe that anyone with a modicum of awareness would have sold stocks in January or at least early Feb.

pgardn
03-20-2020, 08:45 AM

I also was ready for pandemic late January and all stocked up but I was stocked up for worse case scenario. I didnt really expect it to happen thus why I didnt bother to sell stock

You and big market buyers can sell simply because they don’t want to lose anymore $ because they are in need of it elsewhere. They might have a good feeling it will rebound, but they need the $ now. To pay bills even that have come due, etc...

pgardn
03-20-2020, 08:50 AM
You assumed too much and filled in the blanks with your narrative.

I didn't say I play the stock game. I said I dumped all my stocks. You built a story from that.

One problem here is that every argument is treated as if the person arguing has a personal stake in the outcome. There cannot be simply an argument based on competing theories.

No I simply asked you for a loser you have experienced in a post.
Quit bending things.
Have you ever lost money in stocks. This includes mutual funds of course.

Your defense is a wide ranging diatribe on a much more intimate subject, what it takes for you to believe something as a fact. Again, this is a message board. And yes I am making the assumption you don’t keep cash in your mattress.

DMC
03-20-2020, 09:19 AM
No I simply asked you for a loser you have experienced in a post.
Quit bending things.
Have you ever lost money in stocks. This includes mutual funds of course.

Your defense is a wide ranging diatribe on a much more intimate subject, what it takes for you to believe something as a fact. Again, this is a message board. And yes I am making the assumption you don’t keep cash in your mattress.

I don't have a loser because I didn't buy a losing stock and didn't hold on to a stock through loss. Years ago I got involved in a stock to the tune of a couple hundred K that tanked pretty hard, and I was running up against a deadline. I got lucky when it recovered and I broke even, which was actually a loss since I got nothing for my investment but headache, but I've never lost any notable amount in the stock market because I don't do bundles. I do picks and only during specific instances. I'm sure I'm due for a surprise but so far so good.

I usually have no cash on me.

My investment is in land and guns. I don't track the land value since I use it and the guns have never lost value.

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Looks like it snagged Feinstein too.

Not being part of the Trump party, she probably isn't on record downplaying it as "just the flu", though.

DMC
03-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Looks like it snagged Feinstein too.

Not being part of the Trump party, she probably isn't on record downplaying it as "just the flu", though.
Some pigs are more equal than others

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 11:45 AM
I think it was only a few years that Congress made "insider trading" a crime. iow, knowing some upcoming legislation / regulation would benefit them and their friends, donors, they could trade freely and legally.

I am sure after that was passed, Congress and its staff has passed insider information to people who traded on behalf of the Congressional people.

DMC
03-20-2020, 11:59 AM
Aon is still a great deal, should recover and it's 100 dollars off (half price almost).

SpursforSix
03-20-2020, 12:33 PM

This right here. 100%

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 12:34 PM
Some pigs are more equal than others

Nah. She should go too, IMO.

Not her first brush with insider trading.

Thread
03-20-2020, 02:05 PM
Thank Christ, Feinstein is involved. Trump was waitin' on MSM to bring up the subject this morning & jumped on it when the reporter didn't mention Feinstein in the query, just the R's. That was the end of that particular question.

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 02:06 PM
the Georgia lady claims ignorance of her stock sales

midnightpulp
03-20-2020, 02:06 PM
Thank Christ, Feinstein is involved. Trump was waitin' on MSM to bring up the subject this morning & jumped on it when the reporter didn't mention Feinstein in the query, just the R's. That was the end of that particular question.

3 Rs to 1 D :downspin:

But Feinstein has always been a snake.

ElNono
03-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Yeah but you're just his alt tbh

sup derp

DMX7
03-20-2020, 08:15 PM

Agree 100%

boutons_deux
03-21-2020, 04:08 PM
Richard Burr Demands Assurance That Senators Working from Home Will Still Get Stock Tips

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5e74e0a5358dde0009f1a9ee/master/w_2560%2Cc_limit/Borowitz-RichardBurr.jpg

WASHINGTON —Amid speculation that United States senators might soon be working remotely,

Senator Richard Burr on Friday demanded guarantees that senators working from home will still have access to insider-trading tips.

Speaking from the well of the Senate, an impassioned Burr, a Republican from North Carolina, said that

a “system needs to be put in place—

not tomorrow, not next week, but today—

to insure that senators receive the insider-trading information that is both our lifeblood and our birthright.”

Burr blasted the Obama Administration for not establishing contingency plans to safeguard the steady flow of stock tips to U.S. senators in the event of a pandemic, nuclear war, or asteroid strike.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/richard-burr-demands-assurance-that-senators-working-from-home-will-still-get-stock-tips (https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/richard-burr-demands-assurance-that-senators-working-from-home-will-still-get-stock-tips)

Thread
03-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Richard Burr Demands Assurance That Senators Working from Home Will Still Get Stock Tips

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5e74e0a5358dde0009f1a9ee/master/w_2560%2Cc_limit/Borowitz-RichardBurr.jpg

WASHINGTON —Amid speculation that United States senators might soon be working remotely,

Senator Richard Burr on Friday demanded guarantees that senators working from home will still have access to insider-trading tips.

Speaking from the well of the Senate, an impassioned Burr, a Republican from North Carolina, said that

a “system needs to be put in place—

not tomorrow, not next week, but today—

to insure that senators receive the insider-trading information that is both our lifeblood and our birthright.”

Burr blasted the Obama Administration for not establishing contingency plans to safeguard the steady flow of stock tips to U.S. senators in the event of a pandemic, nuclear war, or asteroid strike.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/richard-burr-demands-assurance-that-senators-working-from-home-will-still-get-stock-tips (https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/richard-burr-demands-assurance-that-senators-working-from-home-will-still-get-stock-tips)

bouts, angel puss,,,your Feinsten is on-the-spot as well here.

boutons_deux
04-02-2020, 06:55 AM
New financial disclosure shows

Sen. Kelly Loeffler invested in firm that makes personal protective equipment

https://theweek.com/speedreads/906327/new-financial-disclosure-shows-sen-kelly-loeffler-invested-firm-that-makes-personal-protective-equipment (https://theweek.com/speedreads/906327/new-financial-disclosure-shows-sen-kelly-loeffler-invested-firm-that-makes-personal-protective-equipment)

boutons_deux
04-17-2020, 04:54 PM
GOP’s Kelly Loeffler says it’s ‘socialist’ to criticize her alleged COVID-19 insider trading :lol

https://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Kelly-Loeffler-.jpeg

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/gops-kelly-loeffler-says-its-socialist-to-criticize-her-alleged-covid-19-insider-trading/ (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/gops-kelly-loeffler-says-its-socialist-to-criticize-her-alleged-covid-19-insider-trading/)

boutons_deux
05-07-2020, 04:08 AM
On the Same Day Sen. Richard Burr Dumped Stock,

So Did His Brother-in-Law.

Then the Market Crashed.

The brother-in-law, a Trump appointee, sold between $97,000 and $280,000 worth of stock.

Burr is under federal investigation over whether he traded on non-public information gathered through his work in the Senate.

https://www.propublica.org/article/burr-family-stock?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majorinvestigations&utm_content=feature (https://www.propublica.org/article/burr-family-stock?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=majorinvestigations&utm_content=feature)

boutons_deux
05-07-2020, 04:14 AM
Republican accused of pandemic profiteering defends herself with ... her private jet (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/5/5/1942591/-Morning-Digest-Republican-accused-of-pandemic-profiteering-defends-herself-with-her-private-jet)

https://images.dailykos.com/images/743937/story_image/AP_19338579815653.jpg?1575498746

Wealthy Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler is launching a $4 million TV ad buy (https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-loeffler-put-behind-wave-new-ads/Jcf2ijVn3MtyXspdJsjMGI/) with three different spots (here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzmrZNmoLw4&feature=emb_title), here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PElFyhNsQPE&feature=emb_title), and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SDGjd9JqMo&feature=emb_title)) defending herself amid her scandal over her pandemic-related stock transactions (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/6/1934586/-Morning-Digest-California-s-property-tax-revolt-may-finally-get-rolled-back-with-new-ballot-measure#10).

The spots may be the first-ever ads to find a politician defending themselves amid a scandal by touting the use of their own private jet instead of being attacked over owning one;

Loeffler's ads contend that she donated away her Senate salary and gave a couple million to charitable coronavirus relief efforts.

However,

the ads don't note how her net worth is at least several hundred millions of dollars, and

tens of millions of dollars worth of her stocks were sold earlier this year

after she had received briefings on the coronavirus threat but before the markets dropped.

Loeffler's Senate salary is only $174,000, and

she has pledged to spend at least $20 million of her own fortune on her election,

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/5/5/1942591/-Morning-Digest-Republican-accused-of-pandemic-profiteering-defends-herself-with-her-private-jet?detail=emaildkre (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/5/5/1942591/-Morning-Digest-Republican-accused-of-pandemic-profiteering-defends-herself-with-her-private-jet?detail=emaildkre)

Nbadan
05-13-2020, 11:41 PM
The other shoe falls

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-05-13/fbi-serves-warrant-on-senator-stock-investigation?fbclid=IwAR2MKYmtXtDdx3ZxfdZIAAI4kHr XD9mDjFbWuJ0ni2tNB5ws3kEZmGu0IUY

MultiTroll
06-17-2020, 04:44 PM
GA cunt gets off scott free.

Senate Ethics Committee. :lol

Senate Ethics Committee drops insider trading probe into Loeffler

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-ethics-committee-drops-insider-trading-probe-into-loeffler/ar-BB15BUgD?ocid=spartanntp

ElNono
06-17-2020, 11:01 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-ethics-committee-drops-insider-trading-probe-into-loeffler/ar-BB15BUgD?ocid=spartanntp

lol there's no way cocaine Mitch loses a senator for any reason...

Winehole23
06-18-2020, 05:54 AM
Responsibility free GOP, same as it ever was

RandomGuy
06-18-2020, 09:14 AM

wow. That is some craven shit right there, but about what one might expect from a morally bankrupt party.

As someone outside the conservative movement, that particular truth is plain, but it always astonishes me that those inside can't see it, or worse, make excuses for it.

Winehole23
12-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Sen. Loeffler’s Husband Traded Big Before CARES Act Went Public: Reporthttps://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-kelly-loefflers-husband-traded-big-before-cares-act-went-public-report

Winehole23
12-09-2020, 07:57 PM
highly analogous blast from the past:

DMC
12-09-2020, 08:05 PM
So connected people make money from shady stock deals? No way.

Winehole23
12-09-2020, 08:08 PM
So connected people make money from shady stock deals? No way.Your jadedness doesn't make it not newsworthy.

Ef-man
12-09-2020, 08:09 PM
Ask Martha Stewart if that is legal.

Winehole23
07-28-2021, 10:00 AM

Winehole23
10-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Federal Reserve version:

Reminder: the Federal Reserve isn't part of the federal government, it's essentially a cartel of private banks.

Winehole23
10-29-2021, 03:12 AM
Richard Burr may have to pay a fine, only Martha Stewart goes to jail for shit like this.

The law is for little people.

Winehole23
08-17-2022, 10:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FaUIAAuUsAEmng7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Winehole23
09-20-2023, 09:10 AM
Another blast from the past, Clinton impeachment manager and 9-time Indiana Congressman Steve Buyer.

(It's pronounced boo-yer.)

Former U.S. Rep. Steve Buyer of Indiana was sentenced Tuesday to 22 months in prison for his conviction on charges of insider trading.

After sentencing in New York was postponed for over a month due to a conflict-of-interest issue with his lawyers, U.S. District Judge Richard Berman rejected a defense bid to spare Buyer incarceration. In addition to the prison term, he sentenced the Republican to three years of supervised release and imposed a $10,000 fine. He also ordered Buyer to forfeit his ill-gotten gains, $354,000. Buyer won't be responsible for $17,000 of that because his former mistress and ex-wife are covering that amount after some of the stock purchases were made using their accounts.
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/nation/2023/09/19/former-u-s-rep-buyer-sentenced-to-22-months-for-insider-trading/70902017007/

Winehole23
01-03-2024, 09:33 AM