PDA

View Full Version : THE RICH ARE TRYING TO BUY THEIR OWN VENTILATORS, IN CASE EVERYTHING COLLAPSES

RandomGuy
03-20-2020, 12:32 PM
https://futurism.com/neoscope/rich-trying-buy-own-ventilators

Just gonna leave that there.

Buried in an alarming New York Times story about a looming shortage of lifesaving ventilators is this horrifying detail (emphasis ours):

For days, [exec of ventilator maker Ventec Chris] Kiple said, he has been getting nonstop phone calls from frantic hospital administrators, governor’s offices and other government officials looking for more machines. He’s even received inquiries from a number of wealthy individuals hoping to buy their own personal ventilators, a fallback plan in case the American hospital system buckles.

That’s right — the rich are so worried that the medical system will collapse under the strain of the runaway outbreak that they’re buying up ventilators, in case they happen to get so sick that they need them.

Unspoken in the Times is a brutal implication. Most of those jetsetters won’t even need the ventilators, since most COVID-19 cases are mild enough that they don’t require hospitalization. And that means that each ventilator obtained as a backup plan for a terrified plutocrat won’t end up in a health care facility — meaning a patient, or multiple patients, could die.

In a lesser crisis, snapping up livesaving medical supplies would be just gauche. But experts are almost certain, according to the Times, that there’s going to be a critical shortage of ventilators as the disease continues to spread.

The rich better hope the only thing we decide to do is to raise their taxes...

SnakeBoy
03-20-2020, 12:34 PM

What else might you do to them RG?

Maybe sick Joe Biden's corpse on them?

hater
03-20-2020, 12:39 PM
thats fucked up and the masses cant even buy a fucking N95 respirator :lmao

reminds me of that scene in Titanic where rich got the life boats and poor were left to di

thats capitalism for you

DMC
03-20-2020, 12:53 PM

:lol that's "rich" coming from you

What are you going to do, copy/paste more articles to forums? That'll teach them!

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 12:55 PM
:lol that's "rich" coming from you

What are you going to do, copy/paste more articles to forums? That'll teach them!

:lmao :tu

TSA
03-20-2020, 12:59 PM

What are you and your collective "we" going to do to the rich besides raise their taxes?

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 01:04 PM
What are you and your collective "we" going to do to the rich besides raise their taxes?

that's the funny thing right? the left screams "eat the rich!" while bowing down to the rich at the same time and donning their company logos from shoes to cell phones. they're delusional and are the literal party of the rich tbh.

DMC
03-20-2020, 01:04 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisastrousDarkEland-max-1mb.gif

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 01:05 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisastrousDarkEland-max-1mb.gif

hahahaha :lol :tu

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 02:46 PM
when covid-19 victim is moved onto a ventilator, mortality is 50%

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 02:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpEqtGa2vTI&t=0s

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpEqtGa2vTI&t=0s

dude i'm going to make one of those with the stepper motors i got laying around and my 3d printer plus welder. :tu

mrsmaalox
03-20-2020, 02:55 PM
My son has an old ventilator he picked up from a dumpster behind the VA hospital a couple of years ago. Uses it as a bedside table with a lamp on it. Now Im curious if it works ��

mrsmaalox
dp

Will Hunting
Are the all caps really necessary?

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 02:56 PM
Are the all caps really necessary?

lol

Will Hunting
03-20-2020, 02:59 PM
lol
Of all the people accused of having Trump Derangement Syndrome on this site, I think OP is the one who actually does. He was always a left leaning poster but he used to be relatively articulate and non-emotional. After Trump got elected he turned into boutons Jr.

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 03:01 PM
Of all the people accused of having Trump Derangement Syndrome on this site, I think OP is the one who actually does. He was always a left leaning poster but he used to be relatively articulate and non-emotional. After Trump got elected he turned into boutons Jr.
i've been saying that since the election :lol... dude starting melting down and posting melania modeling pics to say its a disgrace to have that in the white house

but i would say TSA and koriwhat also have full on TDS.

TSA went from single issue gun enthusiast to pizzagate truther, Q-tard, seth rich truther, etc who always thinks trump is playing 7D chess.

koriwhat still denies being conservative or a trumper but goes about defending trump 24/7 and hoping everybody on the left dies. trump avatar, etc. completely deranged and still for some reason pretends he doesnt support trump. like a mentally unstable DMC

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Coronavirus medical supplies are dwindling.

New open-source designs for 'makers' may be the answer.

https://www.livescience.com/open-source-medical-supplies-coronavirus.html?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15578&utm_content=20200320_Coronavirus_Infographic+&utm_term=194127&m_i=ImrIWnk8ndLQfS7Gpor4xfSRpwBNJZQpRpJLPyo%2BsEq2 %2BF0C9F8euBDMJd8Tq%2B6_2wUyuYuUmJ88%2Bgjg%2BwukG8 Tv01izFE

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 03:02 PM

i've been saying that since the election :lol... dude starting melting down and posting melania modeling pics to say its a disgrace to have that in the white house

the great awakening :lol

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 03:03 PM
Coronavirus medical supplies are dwindling.

New open-source designs for 'makers' may be the answer.

https://www.livescience.com/open-source-medical-supplies-coronavirus.html?utm_source=Selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=15578&utm_content=20200320_Coronavirus_Infographic+&utm_term=194127&m_i=ImrIWnk8ndLQfS7Gpor4xfSRpwBNJZQpRpJLPyo%2BsEq2 %2BF0C9F8euBDMJd8Tq%2B6_2wUyuYuUmJ88%2Bgjg%2BwukG8 Tv01izFE

finally you're posting worthwhile stuff bouts :tu

got to dust off my 3d printer later tonight... lol

Will Hunting
03-20-2020, 03:06 PM

but i would say TSA and koriwhat also have full on TDS.

TSA went from single issue gun enthusiast to pizzagate truther, Q-tard, seth rich truther, etc who always thinks trump is playing 7D chess.

koriwhat still denies being conservative or a trumper but goes about defending trump 24/7 and hoping everybody on the left dies. trump avatar, etc. completely deranged and still for some reason pretends he doesnt support trump
Idk if the TSA thing was Trump driven or just conspiracy nut driven. He’s a gun enthusiast so he was drawn into the world of gun enthusiasts that includes Alex Jones and a lot of retarded ideas that rubbed off on him.

Iirc there was one thread after the election where RandomGuy lost his shit, he started rambling about how Republicans should be worried about violent revolt from Dems.

boutons_deux
03-20-2020, 03:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ssVoWEVxw4&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=EU6Jt3u4VNbzRe-4%3A6

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 03:10 PM
Idk if the TSA thing was Trump driven or just conspiracy nut driven. He’s a gun enthusiast so he was drawn into the world of gun enthusiasts that includes Alex Jones and a lot of retarded ideas that rubbed off on him.

Iirc there was one thread after the election where RandomGuy lost his shit, he started rambling about how Republicans should be worried about violent revolt from Dems.
but all his conspiracy theories tie directly to trump... like sure pizzagate could just be a nutty conspiracy, but he also believed trump was on a super secret mission to go after elite underground pedo rings, etc

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 03:12 PM
was on a super secret mission to go after elite underground pedo rings, etc

maybe not elite but his admin has been crushing pedo's since his taking over the WH and especially in his first 2 yrs in office.

Will Hunting
03-20-2020, 03:18 PM
maybe not elite but his admin has been crushing pedo's since his taking over the WH and especially in his first 2 yrs in office.
When’s he gonna take Jim Jordan down for enabling a team doctor to molest college students when he was at Ohio State?

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 03:19 PM
case in point tbh

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 03:19 PM
When’s he gonna take Jim Jordan down for enabling a team doctor to molest college students when he was at Ohio State?

the "news" has a very specific way of controlling those just like you bro. :tu

Ball Buster
03-20-2020, 03:33 PM
https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/1240794227568545792?s=21

spurraider21
03-20-2020, 03:41 PM
https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/1240794227568545792?s=21
unfollow dore, stop misinforming yourself

WASHINGTON — A company that makes a medication increasingly touted as a promising coronavirus treatment, known as chloroquine, doubled the drug’s price in late 2019 — but says it has now cut the price in half, to its original level, in response to the pandemic.Rising Pharmaceuticals, a New Jersey-based drug company, hiked the price of its chloroquine phosphate tablets 98% between December 2019 and January 2020, according to data provided to STAT by the publishing and analytics company Elsevier, from roughly $3.87 to $7.66 for a 250-milligram tablet.

The price hikes, however, came months before the coronavirus outbreak morphed into a global pandemic, and well before physicians and scientists came to believe chloroquine might prove an effective treatment.

In the past two weeks, Rising Pharmaceuticals slashed the price in half as interest in the drug — normally used as an antimalarial — erupted.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/19/a-drug-maker-recently-doubled-the-price-of-chloroquine-but-in-response-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic-its-cutting-it-in-half/

Ball Buster
03-20-2020, 03:47 PM
Interesting, after the drug company realized it would be bad optics to jack up the prices during a pandemic, they changed their mind. :lol

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 03:49 PM
unfollow dore, stop misinforming yourself

best advice ever :tu

people love themselves some 3rd rate comedian hack who tries to enter the political realm.

Ball Buster
03-20-2020, 03:50 PM
best advice ever :tu

Nobody asked you faggot :lol

koriwhat
03-20-2020, 03:51 PM
Nobody asked you faggot :lol

ah poor gullible baby. did i hurt your feelings by not giving a fuck about that nerd jimmy dore?

btw, so progressive... "faggot"

DMC
03-20-2020, 07:57 PM
I'm thinking some of these folks are trying to sell views for a living. That's usually some low rent, lean-to livin' shit all up in the favelas .

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2020, 08:08 PM

Sounds like most leftists on this forum tbh. Anyone who voted for Hillary and who is now wiling to vote for the lesser of two evils in Biden have Trump Deranged Syndrome. I'm looking at you Chump and spurraider21 :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2020, 08:12 PM

"Lock her up! Drain the swamp!! Build the wall!!!"
:lol

DMX7
03-20-2020, 08:13 PM
Is it really surprising?

Thread
03-20-2020, 09:09 PM
I did something along those lines when I was younger. You could never get a banana split any fuckin' place. "We're out. Sorry." You could see 'em stuffed behind the soda fountain.

So, I brought my own. "We're out. Sorry."

"That's okay, I brought my own from the house." Then I'd whip it out & hand it over.

DMC
03-20-2020, 11:01 PM
If you're rich, a perk is that you can buy something that cost around 45K to save your life. How do you think all these wealthy celebs got tested already without exhibiting symptoms? They paid a private lab.

CosmicCowboy
03-21-2020, 09:57 AM
Dang RG....you dont have your own ventilator? :shakinghead.... Peasant.

Spurtacular
03-21-2020, 05:43 PM

HOW DARE THEY TRY TO STAY HEALTHY WHILE OTHERS ARE SUFFERING!!!!

WHAT FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!

LaSíSí
03-21-2020, 05:47 PM

You're a ticking time bomb. A danger to society.

ElNono
03-21-2020, 06:06 PM
oh look, derp ocd kicking into high gear... that comment didn't leave a mark at all :lol

Spurtacular
03-21-2020, 06:09 PM
oh look, derp ocd kicking into high gear... that comment didn't leave a mark at all :lol

So, RG is not a danger to society?

Thread
03-21-2020, 06:12 PM
You're a ticking time bomb. A danger to society.

He's a sorehead as well.

dbestpro
03-21-2020, 06:13 PM
They're going to have to buy a nurse or respiratory therapist too because those machines don't take care of themselves.

ElNono
03-21-2020, 06:16 PM
So, RG is not a danger to society?

I do think RG has got a severe case of TDS, I don't think he's dangerous no. Could be wrong.

Spurtacular
03-21-2020, 06:22 PM
I do think RG has got a severe case of TDS, I don't think he's dangerous no. Could be wrong.

That designation is reserved for those on your enemies list. :lol

ElNono
03-21-2020, 06:33 PM
lol @ internet 'enemies'... smh

RandomGuy
03-22-2020, 01:58 PM
[strawman fallacy]

:sleep

RandomGuy
03-22-2020, 01:59 PM

I wouldn't put me in the room with the CEO that decided that the epipen that my child needs to live had to be $600.

RandomGuy
03-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Is it really surprising?

Nope...

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 03:44 PM
:sleep[cuckfence]

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't put me in the room with the CEO that decided that the epipen that my child needs to live had to be $600.

Is he a danger to society yet, ElNono?

ElNono
03-22-2020, 04:02 PM
Is he a danger to society yet, ElNono?

Comments like that certainly don't help his case. I'll certainly be more concerned when he sees imaginary enemies...

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 04:03 PM
Comments like that certainly don't help his case. I'll certainly be more concerned when he sees imaginary enemies...

As opposed to real ones.

ElNono
03-22-2020, 04:04 PM
As opposed to real ones.

Not sure what that means, but ok...

Winehole23
03-22-2020, 04:06 PM
As opposed to real ones.
Who are the real enemies, Spurtacular?

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 04:07 PM
Not sure what that means, but ok...

The troglodyte chump tap out :lol

Fine by me :tu

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 04:08 PM
Who are the real enemies, Spurtacular?

KidnapperGuy cited one of his real enemies...

ElNono
03-22-2020, 04:09 PM
The troglodyte chump tap out :lol

Fine by me :tu

I don't, you just always fold when pressed who these 'real enemies' are and to prove they exist... more troublesome is that you seem angry at them.

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 04:11 PM
I don't, you just always fold when pressed who these 'real enemies' are and to prove they exist... more troublesome is that you seem angry at them.

You don't have to keep tapping, bruh. It's cool I said.

ElNono
03-22-2020, 04:14 PM
You don't have to keep tapping, bruh. It's cool I said.

:lol yeah, people here know who constantly folds and who doesn't. you can call it whatever you want.

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 04:17 PM
:lol yeah, people here know who constantly folds and who doesn't. you can call it whatever you want.

:lol Straight out of Chump's gospel.

Winehole23
03-22-2020, 04:26 PM
KidnapperGuy cited one of his real enemies...What do you say? Who are the real enemies?

koriwhat
03-22-2020, 05:09 PM
"Lock her up! Drain the swamp!! Build the wall!!!"

Guess you're only concerned with your stupid zionist shit. You know, the shit you think you know but truly have no concept of.

Vito Corleone
03-22-2020, 05:44 PM
I'm not getting into this. However, the Democrats need to realize that there are over 400 million guns in this country owned by the public, and the vast majority of those guns are in the hands of the Republicans as is the vast majority of the money. If the left wants a fight with the right they are going to lose. The rich can spend their money as they want and all you can do is cry about it.

I know it sucks being poor, but don't hate those who have money because you don't, figure out how you can get yours and enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Above all else, STFU about what better people than you have.

ElNono
03-22-2020, 06:06 PM
I'm not getting into this. However, the Democrats need to realize that there are over 400 million guns in this country owned by the public, and the vast majority of those guns are in the hands of the Republicans as is the vast majority of the money. If the left wants a fight with the right they are going to lose. The rich can spend their money as they want and all you can do is cry about it.

I know it sucks being poor, but don't hate those who have money because you don't, figure out how you can get yours and enjoy the fruits of your labors.

You did get into this, and you got into it in the wrong way, because this isn't about Dem vs Reps, or shouldn't be.

For starters, the veiled threats are stupid as hell. We've seen what happened with these 'patriots' militias like in Portland, you'll be lucky to only end up in jail, if not dead.

In addition, a cursory look at Forbes' top 10 will tell you how wrong you are about who has the vast majority of the money in this country. Those people won't piss on you if you're on fire, whether you're a red or blue team cheerleader.

rmt
03-24-2020, 09:19 AM

RG, my son needs an epipen and for as long as I can recall, one could go to the Epipen manufacturer website and get a coupon so that it was FREE. I believe I even posted the website/coupon on this site once (a long time ago).

rmt
03-24-2020, 09:27 AM
Of course, it's probably different now that it's generic.

boutons_deux
03-24-2020, 09:39 AM
Of course, it's probably different now that it's generic.

$609

https://www.healthwarehouse.com/epipen-0-3mg-0-3ml-auto-injector-2-pack.html?wiz_medium=SEM&wiz_source=google&wiz_campaign=Shopping%20-%20RX%20-%20All&wiz_term=5583&gclid=CjwKCAjw3-bzBRBhEiwAgnnLCo3YHyJNF5vDuKz18D_SZWD4Zzq_zGMhB5gv ru0RFL1alP2jWBAxBxoC6xwQAvD_BwE

rmt
03-24-2020, 10:00 AM
There are generics available now, bou.

https://www.auvi-q.com/get-auvi-q#product-offers

Eligible commercially insured patients may pay as little as $0 for AUVI-Q.*

KALÉO CARES PATIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMThrough the kaléo Cares Patient Assistance Program, patients who do not have commercial insurance and who are experiencing financial difficulties may be able to receive AUVI-Q at no cost.†LEARN MORETo be eligible for assistance, you must:
Have a prescription for AUVI-Q.
Be a legal US resident.
Not have any government or commercial drug coverage.
Have an annual household income of less than $100,000.
†Patients who are eligible for Medicaid coverage may be eligible for assistance to receive AUVI-Q at no cost.

RandomGuy
03-24-2020, 10:50 AM
RG, my son needs an epipen and for as long as I can recall, one could go to the Epipen manufacturer website and get a coupon so that it was FREE. I believe I even posted the website/coupon on this site once (a long time ago).

If you qualify, of course. They tend to fuck over the working poor in that regard.

rmt
03-24-2020, 03:15 PM
If you qualify, of course. They tend to fuck over the working poor in that regard.

You don't consider the working poor as:
Have an annual household income of less than $100,000. (from above)

RandomGuy
03-25-2020, 12:10 PM

I don't think "the vast majority" of guns are necessarily in Republican hands. I can think of some pretty staunch lefties I know that are preparing for a right-wing take over as well.

RandomGuy
03-25-2020, 12:21 PM
You don't consider the working poor as:
Have an annual household income of less than $100,000. (from above)

pfft.

Fill out the form and MAYBE the private for-profit company will give you a freebie, meanwhile the actual working poor who probably have medicare/-aid still have their co-pays and bla dee bla.

People like you think you are making an argument for private insurance, when all you are doing is simply exposing the failures of our system.

Make a giant risk pool of everybody, cover everything reasonably, and just go into a pharmacy with a doctors note that says you or your child need this life-saving medicine. This shit is not hard. No huge billing department, no paying people to figure out what plan covers what at what rate.

This is the reason we pay more than twice the OECD average per capital for health care.

TSA
03-25-2020, 12:42 PM
The rich better hope the only thing we decide to do is to raise their taxes...You have been asked by numerous posters and still haven't answered. What are you/"we" going to do besides raise the riches taxes?

RandomGuy
03-25-2020, 01:03 PM
You have been asked by numerous posters and still haven't answered. What are you/"we" going to do besides raise the riches taxes?

ah. hadn't seen it.

Nothing really. It was a rhetorical flourish. I would, though, be all for tarring and feathering certain CEOs jacking up prices on life-saving medicines. That seems reasonable to me.