PDA

View Full Version : SPURSpectives in 05-06

hussker
11-04-2005, 10:41 PM
FELLOW SPURS AFICIONADOS,
Let me be clear here and take these early 05-06 issues for what they are worth. If you have observed our boys in just these first few games, let ME make a few observations...

Before I numerate...lets say it took the Pissedons twice as long to beat the Celts as it did for our own 0.4 debacle...that is all have to say about that...

1) Getting to the century mark is simple. The remainder of this note will explain

2) Who can STOP us? Only the Injury bug, and he better hit a lot and hit hard. From early observations, our second five beat 70% of the starting five elsewhere (which is why we get to 100 more this yr due to NVE and FIN coming in late)

3) I have been a basketball fan for years. I witnessed something tonight that I have not seen before. Those watching on ESPN will agree...
Spurs were compared to John Stockton (TP), Bill Russell (Timmy), Larry Bird *(overall), and backhandedly Karl Malone (Manu FLOP, blatantly stated by WALTON on many occasions in the 1st half). Add the obvious, TIMMY, and you have a reference of five of the 50 greatest of all time in one game.

3) LeBron...uhhh, did he give up his spot in the line up after halftime for the best 5$ ticket in sports (a Texas HS Football Game)? I think it is safe to say that the KING was DETHRONED tonight...and on Natl TV.

4) TEAM! We are a TEAM in SA, not a group of stars. The great thing about this TEAM is, all may be in Springfield one day because of each other. More to follow I am sure.

5) Tonight was 1 vs 16 if you had to make this match up a "bracket" match. I think that the Cavs wanted to come in and prove their worth, but it never happenned. Mayge it started early for them, but I believe that there will be many teams in the season who hang for 1,2,3 qtrs with us before we overcome them. Cavs are a lower seeded team, Nugs proved to be a mid seed. Road or home, no matter.

6) God bless NVE and FIN for being TEAM players. They are, they will be, and they will make it EASIER for us this year. We could do it with last year's roster, but this makes it easier, barring the "I" word.

In closing...I love our humility. I love our williningness to share the ball. I love our coaches raising hell and demanding perfection after we give up a three and we are still up by 18. If this does not lead a team to #4, then there is no #4.

God Bless,
Love,
Hussker

2centsworth
11-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Offensively they are better because this squad has been together for a while. The thing I've noticed most is that the Spurs do not give the other team a break. Usually teams catch a break when the other team brings in their subs, but this year it's 48 minutes of top level pressure.

hussker
11-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Thanks. You answered before I completed my post because I hit the send accidentally...urgh

2centsworth
11-04-2005, 11:03 PM
I love our coaches raising hell and demanding perfection after we give up a three and we are still up by 18.

That's the key. Pop doesn't let them slip.

hussker
11-04-2005, 11:08 PM
That's the key. Pop doesn't let them slip.

In the past, HE HAS. Not that he slipped, but they slipped. In the days of the Tom Landry Dallas Cowboys dynasty, the players could not define Landry by anything but "The Look". Drew Pearson said it well. You did not want to get the LOOK from Landry. Cannot define it, but it is there.

POP is now giving the LOOK. WE ROCK!!!

GSG!!

Hey, Give me a GTG date on a Saturday when I can come to SA and have a ball! I am on call this weekend, so that is out.

hussker
11-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Obviously, this will not be a popular venue...but I will keep going ! GSG!!!!!