PDA

View Full Version : In 24-Hour Time Frame, Zero New Deaths From Coronavirus in US

ducks
03-22-2020, 06:47 PM
https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/959457/18

ducks
03-22-2020, 06:50 PM
https://covidactnow.org/

Winehole23
03-22-2020, 06:52 PM
https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/959457/18are you calling the end of the outbreak?

ElNono
03-22-2020, 07:00 PM
We had 16 new deaths in just the last 4 hours, so not sure we should be lapping it up just yet...

Thread
03-22-2020, 07:01 PM
We had 16 new deaths in just the last 4 hours, so not sure we should be lapping it up just yet...

But, when did they actually "breathed their last" like the miners in Jimmy Dean's "Big Bad John?"

ElNono
03-22-2020, 07:04 PM
But, when did they actually "breathed their last" like the miners in Jimmy Dean's "Big Bad John?"

bend over, I'll show you a goldmine

DMC
03-22-2020, 08:12 PM
Any real numbers on recoveries or is the US considering no more positive virus swabs to be full recovery? It's odd that some nations show so many recoveries while you'd think no one in the US has recovered.

ElNono
03-22-2020, 08:14 PM
Any real numbers on recoveries or is the US considering no more positive virus swabs to be full recovery? It's odd that some nations show so many recoveries while you'd think no one in the US has recovered.

It's also possible that due to the shortage of tests, they're prioritized to new cases. We'll see how that develops as more tests become available.

hater
03-22-2020, 08:15 PM
:lmao ducks RIP ma niga

florige
03-22-2020, 09:50 PM

I’ve noticed too that we seem to only focus on the ones who are currently getting it not the ones who’ve recovered from it. My only guess is that they are doing it to kinda I guess create a sorta scare tactic so people can see the seriousness of it when it comes to their state when it requires them to stay apart, and not go out and socialize in large groups. Too many people seeing everywhere people getting over this thing a lot of people won’t think it’s a big deal if they do contract it and just go on about their normal routine while infecting other people who are vulnerable to this thing. That’s the only reason I could come up with why maybe they aren’t broadcasting too much on the ones who have recovered.

DC23
03-22-2020, 09:52 PM
The numbers are lagged. People are dying everyday here in the US.

slick'81
03-22-2020, 09:53 PM
Well thank god its over

TheGreatYacht
03-22-2020, 11:15 PM
ducks with the goods not buying this Coronavirus HOAX :tu

Keep it up.

TheGreatYacht
03-22-2020, 11:17 PM
I’ve noticed too that we seem to only focus on the ones who are currently getting it not the ones who’ve recovered from it. My only guess is that they are doing it to kinda I guess create a sorta scare tactic so people can see the seriousness of it when it comes to their state when it requires them to stay apart, and not go out and socialize in large groups. Too many people seeing everywhere people getting over this thing a lot of people won’t think it’s a big deal if they do contract it and just go on about their normal routine while infecting other people who are vulnerable to this thing. That’s the only reason I could come up with why maybe they aren’t broadcasting too much on the ones who have recovered.

Old people are always the most vulnerable. All the deaths are mostly 70 and 80 year olds :lol

You all are being taken as FOOLS

Winehole23
03-22-2020, 11:19 PM
Old people are always the most vulnerable. All the deaths are mostly 70 and 80 year olds :lol

You all are being taken as FOOLSThe rate of mortality is less dangerous than the infectiousness of COVID-19.

Is what's happening in Italy and Spain a hoax?

pgardn
03-22-2020, 11:22 PM
The rate of mortality is less dangerous than the infectiousness of COVID-19.

Is what's happening in Italy and Spain a hoax?

No.

The Great Floating Turd thinks this was a US-Israeli produced version of the virus.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:55 AM
I wonder how many Influenza deaths will be chalked up to CoViD-19? Perhaps there are (and will be) cases where the patient has both viruses.

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Guessing that most of the cases diganosed/tested are too recent to have any numbers appreciably recovered. It takes time, and just look at the figures from one week ago. Most of the cases are recently diagnosed.

I assume they will strart tracking that once this burst of new cases starts recovering to the point where they test negative for virus.

hater
03-23-2020, 12:17 PM
:lmao Ducks and TGY are broken

RIP ma nigas

they were great posters. Corona broke them

Will Hunting
03-23-2020, 12:20 PM
I wonder how many Influenza deaths will be chalked up to CoViD-19? Perhaps there are (and will be) cases where the patient has both viruses.
When do you think god is going to intervene and fix this? Pretty fucked up that he’s lazily watching the planet suffer from up above.

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 12:26 PM
When do you think god is going to intervene and fix this? Pretty fucked up that he’s lazily watching the planet suffer from up above.
thats not fair, he works in mysterious ways

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:29 PM

If you are sick, and in the hospital, it seems reasonable assume you will 100% be tested. They will know who dies of what.

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:30 PM

You all are being taken as FOOLS

... except when its not, you drooling moron.

You are taken as a fool by your toobs.

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:31 PM

Jesus be like sprinkling corona virus everywhere "I love you LOL"

baseline bum
03-23-2020, 12:34 PM

Prob sent it to us for legalizing gay marriage.

boutons_deux
03-23-2020, 12:34 PM
covid-19 takes 2 to 8 weeks to kill

everybody got health insurance for ER / hospitalization / ICU ?

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:42 PM
https://covidactnow.org/

624 hospitalizations expected by march 23 in texas, according to "no action" model.

April 8th is the date where hospitalizations exceed beds according to "no action" model

Social distancing pushes that back to April 28th.

Shelter in place puts peak too far off the graph to matter, but requires MONTHS of that. Almost impossible politically, IMO.

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:44 PM

Only ducks could see a lag in reporting as a sure sign that Dear Leader somehow pulled off the hat trick of making this magically go away. :rolleyes

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 12:45 PM

No, it was the gay cakes. That is what makes Jesus most angry. Pretty sure.

midnightpulp
03-23-2020, 01:27 PM
624 hospitalizations expected by march 23 in texas, according to "no action" model.

April 8th is the date where hospitalizations exceed beds according to "no action" model

Social distancing pushes that back to April 28th.

Shelter in place puts peak too far off the graph to matter, but requires MONTHS of that. Almost impossible politically, IMO.

Eh, that model is pretty bad, even the creators of it admit as such.

Only a small fraction of the world has been infected. It’s a new disease. Variables will change.
R0s for interventions are guesses, in some cases informed by data. There is no historical precedent for what is going on right now to draw from.

The default R0 used in this model is an average. The model does not adjust for the population density, culturally-determined interaction frequency and closeness, humidity, temperature, etc in calculating R0.

This is not a node-based analysis, and thus assumes everyone spreads the disease at the same rate. In practice, there are some folks who are “super-spreaders,” and others who are almost isolated. Interventions should be targeted primarily at those most likely to spread the disease.

Best thing we can do here, as I've been trying to do, is create as many cross-references as we can. Compare flu rates (countries with higher flu rates are getting hit much harder), see how each country has progressed in mortality rate from their first recorded death over a 20 day time period. Italy, for instance, progressed from their first death 350x faster than Texas. And then you crosscheck here in looking at the flu rates in both areas, their population densities, median ages, and climate. The data has been painting a picture here in that countries and areas with greater pop density, higher flu rates, and located in a specific temperature range are seeing a dramatic rise in case and morality rate over more favorable regions in those categories.

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 01:39 PM
Only ducks could see a lag in reporting as a sure sign that Dear Leader somehow pulled off the hat trick of making this magically go away. :rolleyes
The CDC doesn't update COVID-19 stats on the weekends.

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 01:41 PM

Best thing we can do here, as I've been trying to do, is create as many cross-references as we can. Compare flu rates (countries with higher flu rates are getting hit much harder), see how each country has progressed in mortality rate from their first recorded death over a 20 day time period. Italy, for instance, progressed from their first death 350x faster than Texas. And then you crosscheck here in looking at the flu rates in both areas, their population densities, median ages, and climate. The data has been painting a picture here in that countries and areas with greater pop density, higher flu rates, and located in a specific temperature range are seeing a dramatic rise in case and morality rate over more favorable regions in those categories.Any news on the COVID-19 testing moonshot?

Has the dearth of reagents been overcome yet?

TheGreatYacht
03-23-2020, 01:58 PM
:lmao Ducks and TGY are broken

RIP ma nigas

they were great posters. Corona broke them

The Coronavirus Pandemic Hoax & The Vaccine Agenda Exposed

https://youtu.be/UiHYRDQ-Bio

Jew/JoooTube took down this video I posted earlier SMH. I hope you wake da fuck up and see the light my boy hater

Agenda 2030, Depopulation, Transhumanism, One World Government, ID 2020, Event 201, 5G Apocalypse, etc. Look up all those subjects on Bitchute and you might find the light.

midnightpulp
03-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Any news on the COVID-19 testing moonshot?

Has the dearth of reagents been overcome yet[/B]

You mean testing moonshot as in mass testing? Not sure how we're progressing on that. New York is probably priority right in receiving test kits, I would imagine. But here's a site that tracks testing progress:

https://covidtracking.com/data/

Let's do another cross reference while we're at it. In my thread about flu rate vs. Covid rate, New York's flu rate was 7.2x higher than Texas's.

About 37 percent of patients tested in New York (61K tests) come back positive vs. just 3.5 percent of patients in Texas (11K tests). So New York's frequency is 10x higher. Now obviously, we don't know the particulars of the data. Maybe NY is testing only people with obvious symptoms while Texas is testing everyone with a slight sniffle, but at least this adds another stroke to that data picture.

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 02:47 PM
:lol

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 03:00 PM
:lolAFAIK still true. Since Pence took control of the task force, the lid on the CDC has been clamped down hard.

The propaganda value of public health agencies was too sweet a prospect for Trump to pass up.

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 03:39 PM
In 2008 conservatives loudly denounced the prospect of death panels; today they clamor for mass death to heal the economy.

In 2009, the the Tea Party flipped over a $900B stimulus, today they're complaining that $1.5T isn't generous enough to Wall St.

Will Hunting
03-23-2020, 03:50 PM
In 2008 conservatives loudly denounced the prospect of death panels; today they clamor for mass death to heal the economy.

In 2009, the the Tea Party flipped over a $900B stimulus, today they're complaining that $1.5T isn't generous enough to Wall St.
:cry stop holding political grudges from 10 years ago :cry

rascal
03-23-2020, 03:53 PM
It will be worse in the United States than any where else. Companies don't want to shut down. All are claiming to be essential.

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 04:22 PM
:cry stop holding political grudges from 10 years ago :cryOne to one comparison, two depressions, two diametrically opposed takes. Main difference is the party in charge and POTUS's skin tint.

RandomGuy
03-23-2020, 04:48 PM

Best thing we can do here, as I've been trying to do, is create as many cross-references as we can. Compare flu rates (countries with higher flu rates are getting hit much harder), see how each country has progressed in mortality rate from their first recorded death over a 20 day time period. Italy, for instance, progressed from their first death 350x faster than Texas. And then you crosscheck here in looking at the flu rates in both areas, their population densities, median ages, and climate. The data has been painting a picture here in that countries and areas with greater pop density, higher flu rates, and located in a specific temperature range are seeing a dramatic rise in case and morality rate over more favorable regions in those categories.

Data is a wonderful thing. Was just looking at the model to see what it said.

Looking like the death rate from confirmed cases holding at about 1% in most places, except for Italy, which is an outlier. Either Italy has an especially vulnerable population, or a lot of undiagnosed/tested cases. Iran and China look wierd here, and their data is amost certainly bunkum.

Spurtacular
03-23-2020, 05:02 PM
CIA rag claims 100 in a day now. Hell, I haven't read anywhere that they're even doing a 100 tests in a day. :lmao

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/23/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-67QUPA4HCBHXRO2343LOY5MCIU

Spurtacular
03-23-2020, 05:03 PM
(Fake) Data is a wonderful thing.

You go with it every time, cuckold guy.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 05:03 PM

thats not fair, he works in mysterious ways

Jesus be like sprinkling corona virus everywhere "I love you LOL"

When all the leftist/GOD-hating atheists on the board promote policies that proliferate the abomination that is abortion/infanticide you all have absolutely no moral high ground over anyone.

Over 50 million humans are killed annually on account of the practice worldwide. But you've convinced yourselves - through various forms of twisted argumentation - that humans ages 0-9 months aren't humans at all. YOU have directly placed people in power that have allowed this practice to continue - even after the point where the baby is out of the mother's womb. Perhaps you may have even aborted children of your own, or forced your daughters to commit this heinous act. Either way, most death on this planet is caused by hardened evil hearts such as your own. So it's rather laughable that you would direct that question at the Most Just.

So go on... mock GOD now; one day you will have to fall prostrate on your knees and confess that JESUS is LORD. I will do so willingly and with great joy. You may find yourselves in a position where you will be doing this out of regretful lamentation. I've made my choice. It seems you all have as well. Just know that the clock is ticking on all of us - and you need not maintain your hatred and enmity with GOD.

"18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.'

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 05:05 PM
wow, abortions. neat pivot. is chicago next?

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 05:13 PM

Says the guy who gave merit to another poster having placed their sense of justice over GOD's.

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 05:17 PM
CIA rag claims 100 in a day now. Hell, I haven't read anywhere that they're even doing a 100 tests in a day. :lmao

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/23/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-67QUPA4HCBHXRO2343LOY5MCIUYou're lazy:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

Spurtacular
03-23-2020, 05:30 PM
You're lazy:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

Yea, I don't follow the scam too closely. I knew at one point they couldn't even do that number....

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 05:31 PM
Says the guy who gave merit to another poster having placed their sense of justice over GOD's.
requires a presumption that god exists

dismissing anybody for not sharing your religious beliefs... interesting approach

Spurtacular
03-23-2020, 05:31 PM

Death panels good now (or then), blakehole?

hater
03-23-2020, 05:36 PM

:lmao ducks

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 05:41 PM
Death panels good now (or then), blakehole?Death panels existed way before Obama, they're called insurance companies. Bad then, unfortunate but necessary now because of the real scarcity of medical personnel, goods and hospital beds. created by COVOD-19.

We've rationed health care by the ability to pay for a long time in the US. The ACA changed that for the better inasmuch as it got more people access to care.

Will Hunting
03-23-2020, 05:41 PM
:lmao

Spurtacular
03-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Death panels existed way before Obama, they're called insurance companies. Bad then, unfortunate but necessary now because of the real scarcity of medical personnel, goods and hospital beds. created by COVOD-19.

:lol The cognitive dissonance

If you're willing to accept death for what it is, then stop calling for sh** to shut down entirely.

Will Hunting
03-23-2020, 05:43 PM
When all the leftist/GOD-hating atheists on the board promote policies that proliferate the abomination that is abortion/infanticide you all have absolutely no moral high ground over anyone.

Over 50 million humans are killed annually on account of the practice worldwide. But you've convinced yourselves - through various forms of twisted argumentation - that humans ages 0-9 months aren't humans at all. YOU have directly placed people in power that have allowed this practice to continue - even after the point where the baby is out of the mother's womb. Perhaps you may have even aborted children of your own, or forced your daughters to commit this heinous act. Either way, most death on this planet is caused by hardened evil hearts such as your own. So it's rather laughable that you would direct that question at the Most Just.

So go on... mock GOD now; one day you will have to fall prostrate on your knees and confess that JESUS is LORD. I will do so willingly and with great joy. You may find yourselves in a position where you will be doing this out of regretful lamentation. I've made my choice. It seems you all have as well. Just know that the clock is ticking on all of us - and you need not maintain your hatred and enmity with GOD.
If abortion is so bad why does god allow it to happen? Pretty sure an omnipotent powerful god could end abortion with the snap of his fingers (or tentacles if that’s what he has).

Winehole23
03-23-2020, 05:55 PM
:lol The cognitive dissonance

If you're willing to accept death for what it is, then stop calling for sh** to shut down entirely.I put that clumsily.

The death panels are the doctors in Iran and Italy deciding who gets treatment and who gets none. Grisly work, but necessary and not avoidable.

Calling olly olly oxen free on the social distancing and lockdowns in 8 more days would be a grotesque sacrifice of US lives just to keep the cash registers ringing.

Thread
03-23-2020, 06:08 PM
I put that clumsily.

The death panels are the doctors in Iran and Italy deciding who gets treatment and who gets none. Grisly work, but necessary and not avoidable.

Calling olly olly oxen free on the social distancing and lockdowns in 8 more days would be a grotesque sacrifice of US lives just to keep the cash registers ringing.

We've already sacrificed over 23k US lives due to Regular Flu & still won't bat an eye lash.

boutons_deux
03-23-2020, 06:20 PM

Spurtacular
03-23-2020, 06:36 PM
We've already sacrificed over 23k US lives due to Regular Flu & still won't bat an eye lash.

That doesn't help put Biden in office.

ElNono
03-23-2020, 07:32 PM

But we did not. We tried to save and extend every one of those lives. That's the point, you add another 100,000 people to system needing care, and you collapse.

ElNono
03-23-2020, 07:33 PM

what do you want him to do? accept his god is an asshole? He'll do a million mental gymnastics before that :lol

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 07:35 PM
what do you want him to do? accept his god is an asshole? He'll do a million mental gymnastics before that :lol
:cry you cant call my god mean because you are also mean!

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 07:35 PM
If abortion is so bad why does god allow it to happen? Pretty sure an omnipotent powerful god could end abortion with the snap of his fingers (or tentacles if that’s what he has).
free will

ElNono
03-23-2020, 07:39 PM
:lol you know the drill...

You die -> god has a plan for you
You live -> the will and grace of god

But... god has nothing to do with this!

Spurminator
03-23-2020, 07:42 PM

You delusional sociopaths never bring up war when discussing how God is punishing us for crimes against humanity. It's always that he's punishing us for not forcing women to stay pregnant.

ElNono
03-23-2020, 07:44 PM
:cry you cant call my god mean because you are also mean!

whataboutism, tbh

ElNono
03-23-2020, 08:05 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/23/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-67QUPA4HCBHXRO2343LOY5MCIU

That's a CDC number for yesterday.

What's your conspiracy here, this is a deep state hoax to get Biden in power, and Trump is just going with it? :lol

Will Hunting
03-23-2020, 09:31 PM
:lol I knew my two sentence post replying to that bible thumping retard would spark a reaction but damn I’m pretty satisfied with how it turned out.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:13 PM
:lol I knew my two sentence post replying to that bible thumping retard would spark a reaction but damn I’m pretty satisfied with how it turned out.

By doubling down on your contempt for GOD? Your choice.

The smug cynicism here is rampant with arrogance. I acknowledge that my viewpoint is very much my own. None of you have to believe it nor am I asking you all to, or coercing you all to. Your circle jerk of vitriol towards GOD however, has hardened your hearts further. NONE of you all even denied the fact that you all pretty much accept infanticide as an extension of the abhorrent practice of abortion. The hypocrisy of your advocacy for death while blaming GOD for humanity’s individual or collective choices is rich. You all are so blind and yet so bold as to suggest that you all understand GOD’s sense of justice.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:17 PM
You all: we don’t believe in GOD

Also you all: GOD’s character is how we deem it to be

ChumpDumper
03-23-2020, 10:21 PM
By doubling down on your contempt for GOD? Your choice.

The smug cynicism here is rampant with arrogance. I acknowledge that my viewpoint is very much my own. None of you have to believe it nor am I asking you all to, or coercing you all to. Your circle jerk of vitriol towards GOD however, has hardened your hearts further. NONE of you all even denied the fact that you all pretty much accept infanticide as an extension of the abhorrent practice of abortion. The hypocrisy of your advocacy for death while blaming GOD for humanity’s individual or collective choices is rich. You all are so blind and yet so bold as to suggest that you all understand GOD’s sense of justice.That's probably why people ask about his sense of justice.

Seems fucked up tbh.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:21 PM
You all: we don’t believe in the revealed truths of Scripture

Also you all: we interpret Scripture how we want to

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:22 PM
That's probably why people ask about his sense of justice.

Seems fucked up tbh.

You don’t see the whole picture. No human can.

ChumpDumper
03-23-2020, 10:23 PM
You don’t see the whole picture. No human can.Nice of god to be so shifty about it. What does he have to hide?

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:23 PM
But whatever, to each his own.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:24 PM
Nice of god to be so shifty about it.

I didn’t realize GOD owed you or anyone of us an explanation.

ElNono
03-23-2020, 10:25 PM
What's there to understand about your imaginary god's sense of justice? he woke up one morning and decided to waste tens of thousand of people because he felt slighted?

that's one pent up, vengeful motherfucker. this is the guy that tells you to turn the other cheek? sorry, this isn't serious.

ElNono
03-23-2020, 10:26 PM

that's extra convenient

ElNono
"he works in mysterious ways"... woooo

midnightpulp
What's there to understand about your imaginary god's sense of justice? he woke up one morning and decided to waste tens of thousand of people because he felt slighted?

that's one pent up, vengeful motherfucker. this is the guy that tells you to turn the other cheek? sorry, this isn't serious.

Didn't know you moved to LA. I'm a bit inland. People behaving in the city proper?

ChumpDumper
I didn’t realize GOD owed you or anyone of us an explanation.Not even if a pious person prayed for it?

Pretty selfish of him tbh.

slick'81
03-23-2020, 10:27 PM
"he works in mysterious ways"... woooo

But gave us free will so were on our own down here

ElNono
03-23-2020, 10:27 PM
Didn't know you moved to LA. I'm a bit inland. People behaving in the city proper?

I'm more westside... haven't gone out much lately, but the time I've, looks pretty dead.. so I guess that's affirmative.

Will Hunting
03-23-2020, 10:33 PM
Nice of god to be so shifty about it. What does he have to hide?
That’s just GOD testing your faith!

midnightpulp
03-23-2020, 10:34 PM
I'm more westside... haven't gone out much lately, but the time I've, looks pretty dead.. so I guess that's affirmative.

Your favorite player MVTurner putting in the work.

Phenomanul
03-23-2020, 10:38 PM

Right, because YOU know what’s in the heart of everyone on earth. Everyone who has ever lived and died. Again, where was this sense of injustice for any number of other diseases that ravage mankind, year after year? Why single out CoViD-19 as if it were particularly nefarious? The corrupt nature of this fallen world is its own fury and yet you seem to think that 50 million aborted humans per year is peachy.

And convenience? You want to talk convenience? You have no moral authority over anything when you give yourself the convenience of deciding what morality flies. GOD’s moral compass is set, it is ABSOLUTE. For you all moral relativists in here, if everything were true (everyone lives by their own truth or we can change it collectively as a society) then nothing is.

Thread
03-23-2020, 10:41 PM
Right, because YOU know what’s in the heart of everyone on earth. Everyone who has ever lived and died. Again, where was this sense of injustice for any number of other diseases that ravage mankind, year after year? Why single out CoViD-19 as if it were particularly nefarious? The corrupt nature of this fallen world is its own fury and yet you seem to think that 50 million aborted humans per year is peachy.

And convenience? You want to talk convenience? You have no moral authority over anything when you give yourself the convenience of deciding what morality flies. GOD’s moral compass is set, it is ABSOLUTE. For you all moral relativists in here, if everything were true (everyone lives by their own truth or we can change it collectively as a society) then nothing is.

& that's the gut punch of (abortion).

spurraider21
03-23-2020, 10:45 PM
Didn't know you moved to LA.
why do you think i left, tbh?

pgardn
03-23-2020, 10:46 PM

Do you remember asking to be here before you were born?

I did not ask to be here. So we have some choices on how to think about this now that we can think about it.
It seems people have distributed one of the most widely read books on an explanation for our presence.
Others have a fairly concise largely biological way of thinking about this.

But you are a Christian and have been given no way to ponder the issue of being here? No guidance? So it appears you have been given and explanation on this. So we can’t ask anymore even though we have had no choice in being here?

ElNono
03-23-2020, 10:52 PM

You don't have any more moral authority than anybody else to be pointing fingers at anything.

Furthermore, yes, it's extremely convenient that when you're pressed about why your god is a son of a bitch, you don't have answers, but when you have to justify this shit, you're ready to start pointing fingers at abortions and all of your own political pet peeves. You need to make up your mind, you know your god or you do not.

So drop the hypocrisy, nobody is buying what you're selling. You know absolutely nothing about your own imaginary god, no matter how much you pretend to, you just need every excuse to have something to believe in, and it really bothers the hell out of you that other people don't follow your cult.

Stay in your room, pray to whoever you want to pray to, and spare us the moral high horse bullshit.

ElNono
03-23-2020, 10:53 PM
why do you think i left, tbh?

lulz... need to meet up with mid if he's up to it once this shit is over.

pgardn
03-23-2020, 10:54 PM
You would think there was some Judeo-Christian sense of fairness that lies as a rock under all of this, but apparently not.
Or only when we want it to.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 06:50 AM

Imagine the pile of mush someone must have in lieu of a functioning brain in order to type and actually believe all of this gobbledygook.

monosylab1k
03-24-2020, 06:56 AM

How much you wanna bet this guy is cool with mass shootings because :cry muh guns :cry and thinks he’s reflecting God’s moral compass there too

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 06:59 AM
How much you wanna bet this guy is cool with mass shootings because :cry muh guns :cry and thinks he’s reflecting God’s moral compass there too
:lol it’s remarkable how all the Bible bots in this country are fervently against abortion but don’t give two fucks about mass shootings, unnecessary wars, or disease.

benefactor
03-24-2020, 07:09 AM
You don't have any more moral authority than anybody else to be pointing fingers at anything.

Furthermore, yes, it's extremely convenient that when you're pressed about why your god is a son of a bitch, you don't have answers, but when you have to justify this shit, you're ready to start pointing fingers at abortions and all of your own political pet peeves. You need to make up your mind, you know your god or you do not.

So drop the hypocrisy, nobody is buying what you're selling. You know absolutely nothing about your own imaginary god, no matter how much you pretend to, you just need every excuse to have something to believe in, and it really bothers the hell out of you that other people don't follow your cult.

Stay in your room, pray to whoever you want to pray to, and spare us the moral high horse bullshit.
https://media2.giphy.com/media/hrRhJMshocBBA0dwSz/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac32455b605259c5b7b15a3dca757 e67726fa9d51&rid=giphy.gif

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:14 AM

That’s just it you stone deaf fool. I’m not claiming to have any moral authority of my own - I’m simply pointing to GOD’s. And I, along with millions of other Christians do understand the context of GOD’s supreme and Righteous Justice - Scripture reveals what it is. But NONE of you here are willing to have an open conversation about what that actually entails. I’ve been on this board since 2004, lurking since 2002 and not a single one of you all suddenly developed atheism - all of you all were atheists/agnostics long before I posted a single word on this board. So spare me the mockery of claiming that ANY of you have ever been willing to understand Scripture when all you all ever do is mock it. Your continual attempts to justify your disbelief is fervently consistent.

Furthermore, I’m not trying to sell you or anyone else here anything. I came in here asking a legitimate question about the conflation of coronavirus deaths with influenza deaths if post-mortem testing isn’t always being conducted. And instead of addressing the point directly you all skirt the question and go directly to mocking GOD. It’s a broken record. But you all justify this uncivil behavior by assuming that because your mockery is supported by the rest of the board atheists that it must be warranted and that it must be truth. Your mob fallacy here doesn’t elevate your own beliefs above my own. I’m perfectly at peace in the midst of this storm, because my trust is placed in GOD.

I’m still shaking my head at how you all claim to understand GOD’s motives while simultaneously asserting your unbelief. The absurdity of your position eludes you all. You all attribute GOD with injustice and don’t even KNOW HIM; you all have never sought to truly know HIM. You all collectively plug your ears and yell “la la la la la la la la” anytime someone has tried to explain HIS character, or HIS Truth. So you all can continue mockingly calling GOD unjust, but all you all are really doing is grandstanding your own folly.

Last but not least, no one has countered why you all believe infanticide is justifiable. Your collective plea to pin GOD for this disease and call HIM unjust while believing infanticide is fine NULLIFIES your position. You all have no ground to stand on. I don’t promote death so quit projecting “your own political pet peeves” on to me.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:22 AM
24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 16:24-27

boutons_deux
03-24-2020, 08:30 AM
24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 16:24-27

no joy, no happiness, all endless suffering, burdened with guilt, dragging around a mythical cross for some unprovable, unknown fantasy.

Christianity is all about political, social control, a power game, dictated by people who claim God talks to them and who always need lots of money.

and, yawn, if you don't do as we dictate, you're going to hell.

ElNono
03-24-2020, 12:24 PM
That’s just it you stone deaf fool. I’m not claiming to have any moral authority of my own - I’m simply pointing to GOD’s. And I, along with millions of other Christians do understand the context of GOD’s supreme and Righteous Justice - Scripture reveals what it is. But NONE of you here are willing to have an open conversation about what that actually entails. I’ve been on this board since 2004, lurking since 2002 and not a single one of you all suddenly developed atheism - all of you all were atheists/agnostics long before I posted a single word on this board. So spare me the mockery of claiming that ANY of you have ever been willing to understand Scripture when all you all ever do is mock it. Your continual attempts to justify your disbelief is fervently consistent.

Furthermore, I’m not trying to sell you or anyone else here anything. I came in here asking a legitimate question about the conflation of coronavirus deaths with influenza deaths if post-mortem testing isn’t always being conducted. And instead of addressing the point directly you all skirt the question and go directly to mocking GOD. It’s a broken record. But you all justify this uncivil behavior by assuming that because your mockery is supported by the rest of the board atheists that it must be warranted and that it must be truth. Your mob fallacy here doesn’t elevate your own beliefs above my own. I’m perfectly at peace in the midst of this storm, because my trust is placed in GOD.

I’m still shaking my head at how you all claim to understand GOD’s motives while simultaneously asserting your unbelief. The absurdity of your position eludes you all. You all attribute GOD with injustice and don’t even KNOW HIM; you all have never sought to truly know HIM. You all collectively plug your ears and yell “la la la la la la la la” anytime someone has tried to explain HIS character, or HIS Truth. So you all can continue mockingly calling GOD unjust, but all you all are really doing is grandstanding your own folly.

Last but not least, no one has countered why you all believe infanticide is justifiable. Your collective plea to pin GOD for this disease and call HIM unjust while believing infanticide is fine NULLIFIES your position. You all have no ground to stand on. I don’t promote death so quit projecting “your own political pet peeves” on to me.

Sure you are. You even claim to speak for your own god, that's how far the delusion goes. Millions also claim to to understand Allah's, not your god, supreme and righteous justice, and speak for him. Then all of you think you're enlightened because your read fairy tales from books written by other humans, who, I might add, also think they talked to or speak for god. So spare me the bullshit, if this would be a new cult, you'll be handed some Clozapine and sent home, if not locked up eventually.

And let's not gloss over the fact that no matter what you claim you came here for, you were quick to drop your political pet peeves in the name of some butthurt, schizo god. I'm shaking my head how you pretend to even know what your god motives are. Much less how you even think you can shake your head at anybody when it comes to your own god, of which you know nothing about. You got second and third hand accounts from people you don't know or even pretend to know. I read science fiction all the time, I don't shake my head at anybody because they don't understand why the Klingons are bad people. Nor should any sane person.

But you should be free to believe in whatever you want. What you're not free to do is come here and think we're gonna take that your high horse bullshit based on your delusion is some kind of revelation. I won't. I get it, you're a fanatic that needs help, that's no excuse.

And ofcourse you have to close up your argument dropping your political pet peeve again :lol It doesn't work like that. You don't get to make an argument for your god, you can tell him to show up and make him himself, or you're simply talking for yourself and out of your ass. You also have zero authority to define who has a moral high ground for anything. You don't get to appoint yourself the arbiter of anything because you read fairy tales, period.

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 12:33 PM
That’s just it you stone deaf fool. I’m not claiming to have any moral authority of my own - I’m simply pointing to GOD’s.
i mean a second ago you said we cant understand god but now you know what his views are on hot button political issues :lol

you either know what god's moral compass is or you dont. you are certain of what god's view is on abortions but when pressed on things like disease and war... "eh, we dont understand god"

ElNono
03-24-2020, 12:43 PM
i mean a second ago you said we cant understand god but now you know what his views are on hot button political issues :lol

you either know what god's moral compass is or you dont. you are certain of what god's view is on abortions but when pressed on things like disease and war... "eh, we dont understand god"

It's his own thoughts, which he conveniently puts behind this imaginary god mantra because otherwise it's just another opinion and no better than anyone else's. It's incredibly transparent.

Spurminator
03-24-2020, 12:46 PM
You all: we don’t believe in GOD

Also you all: GOD’s character is how we deem it to be

You don't have to be an atheist to be pro choice. Devout Christians selectively flout scripture every day.

They love to condemn the "sins" that are easy for them to avoid.

clambake
03-24-2020, 01:08 PM
phenom helped release demons if you recall.

go ahead, phenom. tell what happened with a ouija board.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 04:03 PM

Pretty sure god could have influenced the Roe v. Wade ruling if he really hated abortion so much :lol

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 05:46 PM
First off. Chill out! That is largely why I avoid the vitriol in here. You all are like the House 'Intelligence' Committee - you all make up the rules as you all go along and gang up on opposing viewpoints. Then you all gleefully high-five each other with a false sense of bravado as if any of this means anything. THIS board is not as important as you all deem it to be. IF I am even answering any of this banter at all is because we all have more time on our hands with the self-quarantine in effect.

Sure you are. You even claim to speak for your own god, that's how far the delusion goes. Millions also claim to to understand Allah's, not your god, supreme and righteous justice, and speak for him. Then all of you think you're enlightened because your read fairy tales from books written by other humans, who, I might add, also think they talked to or speak for god. So spare me the bullshit, if this would be a new cult, you'll be handed some Clozapine and sent home, if not locked up eventually.

I'm not claiming special revelation here. Millions of Christians worldwide understand the question of pain and suffering in the context of eternity as I do. Your refusal to accept any explanation as a valid one stems more from your overall refusal to accept GOD's existence, and not because my response is or isn't a logical answer to that question.

In the end if I'm wrong about my beliefs nothing happens. But if you are wrong you won't get a chance at a re-do. Meanwhile, we each live out our lives as we please, right? Except that is the problem; many of you here would rather Christians shut up, be locked up or that a bullet go through our heads - in various degrees of contempt and repudiation. You all absolutely hate Christianity in any shape, form or fashion. How many times have you all told me that Christians need to be silenced? That our worldview needs to be censured and eradicated? How many times has boutons_deux advocated for the 'elimination' of religious folk? He and others here have threatened me more times than I can remember. Others, have even acted on that threat and attempted to hurt my livelihood. That's why Freedom of Religion is guaranteed by our Constitution. Our right to religious expression is at the top of the list of the Bill of Rights. Why? Largely because the founding fathers understood that people like you all are a threat to the stability of our social structure - a structure which was built on Biblical truths. IF eradicated, the exceptionalism of our society would inevitably collapse - the concept of individual accountability would be eliminated - and moral relativism would reign supreme.

And let's not gloss over the fact that no matter what you claim you came here for, you were quick to drop your political pet peeves in the name of some butthurt, schizo god. I'm shaking my head how you pretend to even know what your god motives are. Much less how you even think you can shake your head at anybody when it comes to your own god, of which you know nothing about. You got second and third hand accounts from people you don't know or even pretend to know. I read science fiction all the time, I don't shake my head at anybody because they don't understand why the Klingons are bad people. Nor should any sane person.

You claim to disbelieve in GOD because in your mind IF HE were real then HE wouldn't allow plights like disease to ravage mankind. But your case relies on a very limited understanding of our world. Including limitations of your own sense of justice, limitations in knowledge (or are you claiming omniscience?), limitations in your power and authority over nature. Your very framework EXCLUDES the truth because you have already rejected the Truth Himself, JESUS. HE said HE was "The Way, the Truth and the Life" and that "no one would come to the Father except through HIM". By rejecting JESUS, you have blinded yourself and rejected divine TRUTH. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" Romans 1:22

The answer for why disease and other consequences of 'the fall' exist (e.g. weeds/famine/natural disasters/predator-prey-relationship/entropy/death/etc...) are given in Scripture. You however, refuse to accept that answer because it comes from a source that you reject. I've given an answer/explanation to that question plenty of times but you have decided to blow it off and instead place words in my mouth (reductio ad absurdum style). Like when have I advocated for mass shootings? The counterarguments in here are ridiculous. I haven't skirted anything. I've just come to an understanding that you all clearly don't want to engage in true discourse. You all are in it simply for the kicks.

The answer to that age-old question is that GOD cares more about our eternity with HIM than any plight or tribulation we may face here on earth. IF our troubles draw us to seek HIM or closer to HIM then the suffering is worth the prize. Again, you may believe this all to be gobbledygook - and you are entitled to hold that view - but your assertion that Christians don't know their own GOD is a self-serving delusion.

In the context of an eternal timeline what are 80 years or even 100 years of human life-expectancy? How does one compare an ephemeral moment of pain and suffering here on earth against a divine backdrop that is free of pain/suffering/anguish/fear for all eternity? We were all given free-will, and with that volition comes accountability for our choices. Some people have "evil, and think evil continuously" in their hearts; they inflict pain and suffering on others.

This might be a rudimentary metaphor but the concept is valid. IF GOD were a car manufacturer you are essentially blaming HIM for the death and havoc created by drunk drivers when THEY choose to get behind the wheel. Ultimately, those people should be held accountable for their irresponsible actions. IF this virus was unleashed upon the world because the Chinese government has repeatedly failed to address the unhygienic nature of wet-markets, how is any of that GOD's fault? We've understood germ theory for the better part of 100 years. They should know better. How many more viruses will the world tolerate (SARS, Swine Flu (H1N1), CoViD-19)? It would be like playing with fire, then blaming GOD for why the fire burns. The red herring cast by Will Hunting's dart (in response to my initial inquiry) was essentially a non-sequitur. His prompted bias in claiming that GOD was somehow responsible for CoViD-19 demonstrated a failure to even understand the nature of the GOD that Christians believe in.

But you should be free to believe in whatever you want. What you're not free to do is come here and think we're gonna take that your high horse bullshit based on your delusion is some kind of revelation. I won't. I get it, you're a fanatic that needs help, that's no excuse.

And of course you have to close up your argument dropping your political pet peeve again :lol It doesn't work like that. You don't get to make an argument for your god, you can tell him to show up and make him himself, or you're simply talking for yourself and out of your ass. You also have zero authority to define who has a moral high ground for anything. You don't get to appoint yourself the arbiter of anything because you read fairy tales, period.

I didn't come in here for any other reason (despite your flimsy claim to know my motives); I simply asked a question about the conflation of coronavirus and influenza deaths. One which quickly devolved into this long-time argument about GOD's existence. It's funny you claim any moral position at all and then you follow that statement with an erroneous take on my motives. Like you can't even get that right.

After the conversation devolved I pointed out the inconsistency of your collective position on the abortion issue. I know the board leftists in here hate the fact that I keep calling you all out on being 'perfectly fine' with humanity aborting over 50 million humans PER YEAR. I will continue to point out the absurdity of your pro-abortion position so long as you continue to cling to it.

I also don't care if your view of GOD unjustly blames HIM for the consequences of man's choices. But again, if your view of abortion allows for infanticide (you have yet to deny that your Democratic Party overlords have shifted towards that indefensible position) THEN how can you claim objectivity on any moral matter?

baseline bum
03-24-2020, 05:47 PM
tl;dr

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 06:06 PM

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 06:12 PM
oh man, he put quotes around "intelligence"

such a witty badass

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 06:15 PM
God damn, his post is rife with the typical logical fallacies bible thumpers use.

My favorite part is him using Pascal’s wager. Pretty sure if the Muslims are right about the god Allah then atheists aren’t in anywhere near the kind of deep shit that Christians are in.

baseline bum
03-24-2020, 06:21 PM
God damn, his post is rife with the typical logical fallacies bible thumpers use.

My favorite part is him using Pascal’s wager. Pretty sure if the Muslims are right about the god Allah then atheists aren’t in anywhere near the kind of deep shit that Christians are in.

Trainwreck2100
03-24-2020, 06:21 PM
My favorite part was when he tried to claim that we advocate for Christians to be quiet about their beliefs. Which is bullshit, we put up with way stupider crap here. And some it is are Christian

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 06:22 PM

one of the better descriptions of atheism i've heard is that christians reject every single religion that has ever existed except one and atheists simply reject one more than they do

baseline bum
03-24-2020, 06:25 PM
one of the better descriptions of atheism i've heard is that christians reject every single religion that has ever existed except one and atheists simply reject one more than they do

Phenom's gonna get really butthurt to hear you quote Richard Dawkins. :lol

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 06:30 PM
Phenom's gonna get really butthurt to hear you quote Richard Dawkins. :lol
ah, yeah, it was dawkins

couldnt quite remember the source. fwiw dawkins is a prick and his attitude gets in his way quite a bit, such that he's reduced to preaching to the choir

extremely intelligent/articulate tho

baseline bum
03-24-2020, 06:32 PM
ah, yeah, it was dawkins

couldnt quite remember the source

Boy are you in for a diatribe.

monosylab1k
03-24-2020, 06:46 PM
At what point does he start mentioning modern day bananas as proof of a creator?

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 06:52 PM
At what point does he start mentioning modern day bananas as proof of a creator?
the atheist's nightmare
RD2191

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:01 PM
I love that you all collectively wallow in smugness and dismissiveness as if THAT somehow validates your unbelief. :lmao

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:02 PM
I love that you wallow in smugness and dismissiveness as if THAT somehow validates your belief. :lmao

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:08 PM
Except I haven’t been dismissive. You’re lying. I tried to address the points that I saw. :wakeup

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:13 PM
When have you actually ever brought a legitimate argument to the table anyways? (Now I’m going to be deliberately and specifically dismissive towards you). You only ever seem to show up with darts, tangential red herrings and quips. You never explain anything. Your positions are vague and you always leave yourself enough room to wiggle out of any argument you don’t like. How fun.

benefactor
03-24-2020, 07:15 PM
I could sit here and write a book about my journey in and out of the Christian faith, but I'll keep it short. I was indoctrinated as a kid, went my own way as a teen and into college, came back again in my 20's, ran through several different denominations, oversaw several different ministries, studied extensively many different theological viewpoints and studied the Bible back to the best versions of original language available for those scriptures, believed God was leading me and was speaking to me(not audibly but more feeling/intuition based), thought my prayers were the reason things happened for people...again...I could go on and on.

Two things happened that made my faith crumble...first, I was too fact based in my thinking to keep blindly believing faith based ideas. There was a lot that didn't add up and the "well God is mysterious/all things with God are possible" line got harder and harder to swallow. That leads into the second thing...the internet age which allowed information to be accessed that I didn't have before and unlike my brethren, I was open minded enough to read and consider it over what I had always been told to think. There was just way too much evidence that led me to understand that Christianity was just like what Christians said other religions were...a bunch of things made up by people to provide a level of psychological comfort while simultaneously controlling them.

Afterwards I spent countless hours showing fellow Christians the things I had come to understand but I wouldn't get far into the conversation before cognitive dissonance set in and they simply shut down and wouldn't hear anything else I have to say. I figured out you can't make someone leave their faith. They have to already a seed of uncertainty planted for the tree of reality to grow. Sagan was right...it's simply too painful for them to admit that this thing they believe in and rely on day to day is a lie like every other faith. It was plenty tough for me to admit too, but authenticity became more important than the feeling of loss I had to process when I walked away.

Oh...and before the card gets played...let me guess...I was never really saved, right?:lol

Joseph Kony
03-24-2020, 07:15 PM
First off. Chill out! That is largely why I avoid the vitriol in here. You all are like the House 'Intelligence' Committee - you all make up the rules as you all go along and gang up on opposing viewpoints. Then you all gleefully high-five each other with a false sense of bravado as if any of this means anything. THIS board is not as important as you all deem it to be. IF I am even answering any of this banter at all is because we all have more time on our hands with the self-quarantine in effect.

I'm not claiming special revelation here. Millions of Christians worldwide understand the question of pain and suffering in the context of eternity as I do. Your refusal to accept any explanation as a valid one stems more from your overall refusal to accept GOD's existence, and not because my response is or isn't a logical answer to that question.

In the end if I'm wrong about my beliefs nothing happens. But if you are wrong you won't get a chance at a re-do. Meanwhile, we each live out our lives as we please, right? Except that is the problem; many of you here would rather Christians shut up, be locked up or that a bullet go through our heads - in various degrees of contempt and repudiation. You all absolutely hate Christianity in any shape, form or fashion. How many times have you all told me that Christians need to be silenced? That our worldview needs to be censured and eradicated? How many times has boutons_deux advocated for the 'elimination' of religious folk? He and others here have threatened me more times than I can remember. Others, have even acted on that threat and attempted to hurt my livelihood. That's why Freedom of Religion is guaranteed by our Constitution. Our right to religious expression is at the top of the list of the Bill of Rights. Why? Largely because the founding fathers understood that people like you all are a threat to the stability of our social structure - a structure which was built on Biblical truths. IF eradicated, the exceptionalism of our society would inevitably collapse - the concept of individual accountability would be eliminated - and moral relativism would reign supreme.

You claim to disbelieve in GOD because in your mind IF HE were real then HE wouldn't allow plights like disease to ravage mankind. But your case relies on a very limited understanding of our world. Including limitations of your own sense of justice, limitations in knowledge (or are you claiming omniscience?), limitations in your power and authority over nature. Your very framework EXCLUDES the truth because you have already rejected the Truth Himself, JESUS. HE said HE was "The Way, the Truth and the Life" and that "no one would come to the Father except through HIM". By rejecting JESUS, you have blinded yourself and rejected divine TRUTH. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" Romans 1:22

The answer for why disease and other consequences of 'the fall' exist (e.g. weeds/famine/natural disasters/predator-prey-relationship/entropy/death/etc...) are given in Scripture. You however, refuse to accept that answer because it comes from a source that you reject. I've given an answer/explanation to that question plenty of times but you have decided to blow it off and instead place words in my mouth (reductio ad absurdum style). Like when have I advocated for mass shootings? The counterarguments in here are ridiculous. I haven't skirted anything. I've just come to an understanding that you all clearly don't want to engage in true discourse. You all are in it simply for the kicks.

The answer to that age-old question is that GOD cares more about our eternity with HIM than any plight or tribulation we may face here on earth. IF our troubles draw us to seek HIM or closer to HIM then the suffering is worth the prize. Again, you may believe this all to be gobbledygook - and you are entitled to hold that view - but your assertion that Christians don't know their own GOD is a self-serving delusion.

In the context of an eternal timeline what are 80 years or even 100 years of human life-expectancy? How does one compare an ephemeral moment of pain and suffering here on earth against a divine backdrop that is free of pain/suffering/anguish/fear for all eternity? We were all given free-will, and with that volition comes accountability for our choices. Some people have "evil, and think evil continuously" in their hearts; they inflict pain and suffering on others.

This might be a rudimentary metaphor but the concept is valid. IF GOD were a car manufacturer you are essentially blaming HIM for the death and havoc created by drunk drivers when THEY choose to get behind the wheel. Ultimately, those people should be held accountable for their irresponsible actions. IF this virus was unleashed upon the world because the Chinese government has repeatedly failed to address the unhygienic nature of wet-markets, how is any of that GOD's fault? We've understood germ theory for the better part of 100 years. They should know better. How many more viruses will the world tolerate (SARS, Swine Flu (H1N1), CoViD-19)? It would be like playing with fire, then blaming GOD for why the fire burns. The red herring cast by Will Hunting's dart (in response to my initial inquiry) was essentially a non-sequitur. His prompted bias in claiming that GOD was somehow responsible for CoViD-19 demonstrated a failure to even understand the nature of the GOD that Christians believe in.

I didn't come in here for any other reason (despite your flimsy claim to know my motives); I simply asked a question about the conflation of coronavirus and influenza deaths. One which quickly devolved into this long-time argument about GOD's existence. It's funny you claim any moral position at all and then you follow that statement with an erroneous take on my motives. Like you can't even get that right.

After the conversation devolved I pointed out the inconsistency of your collective position on the abortion issue. I know the board leftists in here hate the fact that I keep calling you all out on being 'perfectly fine' with humanity aborting over 50 million humans PER YEAR. I will continue to point out the absurdity of your pro-abortion position so long as you continue to cling to it.

I also don't care if your view of GOD unjustly blames HIM for the consequences of man's choices. But again, if your view of abortion allows for infanticide (you have yet to deny that your Democratic Party overlords have shifted towards that indefensible position) THEN how can you claim objectivity on any moral matter?

lmao gods not real. grow up retard

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:17 PM
Except I haven’t been dismissive.

Now I’m going to be deliberately and specifically dismissive:rollin

You claim to have exclusive (for here) knowledge of quite a lot of god's will; basically anything that makes god look good in your eyes.

Anything bad you dismiss as unknowable and dismiss any questioning of it whatsoever.

Prove me wrong.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:18 PM
And my belief is very much my own. If you haven’t been paying attention I don’t force it on anyone. I simply explain positions which you all largely misunderstand. You claim knowledge of a GOD you don’t actually believe in and then purport to lecture believers on the nature of your grotesque mischaracterizations of who HE is. Rich!

Trainwreck2100
03-24-2020, 07:20 PM
I could sit here and write a book about my journey in and out of the Christian faith, but I'll keep it short. I was indoctrinated as a kid, went my own way as a teen and into college, came back again in my 20's, ran through several different denominations, oversaw several different ministries, studied extensively many different theological viewpoints and studied the Bible back to the best versions of original language available for those scriptures, believed God was leading me and was speaking to me(not audibly but more feeling/intuition based), thought my prayers were the reason things happened for people...again...I could go on and on.

Two things happened that made my faith crumble...first, I was too fact based in my thinking to keep blindly believing faith based ideas. There was a lot that didn't add up and the "well God is mysterious/all things with God are possible" line got harder and harder to swallow. That leads into the second thing...the internet age which allowed information to be accessed that I didn't have before and unlike my brethren, I was open minded enough to read and consider it over what I had always been told to think. There was just way too much evidence that led me to understand that Christianity was just like what Christians said other religions were...a bunch of things made up by people to provide a level of psychological comfort while simultaneously controlling them.

Afterwards I spent countless hours showing fellow Christians the things I had come to understand but I wouldn't get far into the conversation before cognitive dissonance set in and they simply shut down and wouldn't hear anything else I have to say. I figured out you can't make someone leave their faith. They have to already a seed of uncertainty planted for the tree of reality to grow. Sagan was right...it's simply too painful for them to admit that this thing they believe in and rely on day to day is a lie like every other faith. It was plenty tough for me to admit too, but authenticity became more important than the feeling of loss I had to process when I walked away.

Oh...and before the card gets played...let me guess...I was never really saved, right?:lol

no offense, but sounds like a shitty book

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:20 PM
And my belief is very much my own. If you haven’t been paying attention I don’t force it on anyone. I simply explain positions which you all largely misunderstand. You claim knowledge of a GOD you don’t actually believe in and then purport to lecture believers on the nature of your grotesque mischaracterizations of who HE is. Rich!Why are they mischaracterizations?

You yourself said he can't be known.

Then you explain him like you know god.

Which is it?

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:21 PM

I wouldn’t say that. I would say you never really knew HIM.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:22 PM
I wouldn’t say that. I would say you never really knew HIM.You're being dismissive and wallowing in smugness again.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:23 PM
Why are they mischaracterizations?

You yourself said he can't be known.

Then you explain him like you know god.

Which is it?

Please provide the quote where I said HE can’t be known. Again, you all love placing words in my mouth to conveniently argue against things I never said. Everyone of you does this. Then other posters read your posts and it becomes a rock slide of misinformation.

Will Hunting
And my belief is very much my own. If you haven’t been paying attention I don’t force it on anyone. I simply explain positions which you all largely misunderstand. You claim knowledge of a GOD you don’t actually believe in and then purport to lecture believers on the nature of your grotesque mischaracterizations of who HE is. Rich!
Are you saying with a straight face that you don’t want your beliefs about life beginning at conception forced on everyone?

Phenomanul
You're being dismissive and wallowing in smugness again.

Of an entity you don’t even believe in? You can’t have it both ways.

Thread

Phen, have you ever seen the movie "Courageous?"

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:25 PM
Please provide the quote where I said HE can’t be known. Again, you all love placing words in my mouth to conveniently argue against things I never said. Everyone of you does this. Then other posters read your posts and it becomes a rock slide of misinformation.Oh, he can be known now?

Even the stuff you apparently refuse to explain?

Step up.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:25 PM
Of an entity you don’t even believe in? You can’t have it both ways.But you can?:rollin

benefactor
03-24-2020, 07:27 PM
:lol...yeah I've heard that one too bud. So all that seeking just led to God ignoring me, huh?

God confirmed as a dickhead for the umpteenth time.

benefactor
03-24-2020, 07:28 PM
no offense, but sounds like a shitty book
None taken. It was wasted time. I have regrets for sure...but hell, at least I made it out.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:29 PM
Are you saying with a straight face that you don’t want your beliefs about life beginning at conception forced on everyone?

Policy matters are fair game only in the sense that we live in a constitutional republic. If your viewpoint merits representation then why shouldn’t mine? Each of us places our own sense of morality into whatever beliefs we hold. Why should your pro-abortion position hold any more merit than my pro-life position? The difference is that I believe each of our voices has equal merit under the law. You wanting to silence my position because it is derived from my religious views is fascist at its core.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:31 PM
Policy matters are fair game only in the sense that we live in a constitutional republic. If your viewpoint merits representation then why shouldn’t mine? Each of us places our own sense of morality into our whatever beliefs we hold. Why should your pro-abortion position hold any more merit than my pro-life position. The difference is that I believe each of our voices has equal merit under the law. You wanting to silence my position because it comes from my religious views is fascist at its core.
My pro-choice position is backed by science, your position is backed by nothing other than religion and our constitution is pretty clear on separation of church and state.

Phenomanul
:lol...yeah I've heard that one too bud. So all that seeking just led to God ignoring me, huh?

I’m sorry you feel that way. Any personal evidence I provided would just be circumstantial. If that is your choice. Then so be it - we all will live or die by it.

ChumpDumper

God confirmed as a dickhead for the umpteenth time.:lol gaslighting is god's go-to move tbh

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:33 PM
The other quintessential difference between pro choice and pro life is that pro choice still allows for freedom of religion. If you don’t believe in abortion you don’t have to get any. Pro liters meanwhile want the entire country to live by the same belief set they have.

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 07:33 PM

effectively the same thing tbh

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:34 PM

:lol He was so proud of himself for thinking he’d provided an explanation that you hadn’t heard before.

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 07:34 PM
The other quintessential difference between pro choice and pro life is that pro choice still allows for freedom of religion. If you don’t believe in abortion you don’t have to get any. Pro liters meanwhile want the entire country to live by the same belief set they have.
yeah, the pro choice position doesnt force anybody to violate their religious beliefs and have mandatory abortions

benefactor
03-24-2020, 07:35 PM
I’m sorry you feel that way. Any personal evidence I provided would just be circumstantial. If that is your choice. Then so be it - we all will live or die by it.
Well at least you admit that much. I can respect that.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:37 PM
:lol us crazy pro-choice atheists for wanting the US to be like the rest of the modern world rather like third world shitholes in Latin America and Africa

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/af-map-abortion-laws-v2.jpg

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:40 PM
My pro-choice position is backed by science, your position is backed by nothing other than religion and our constitution is pretty clear on separation of church and state.

You’re not understanding the concept of Separation of Church and State. I can vote according to my conscience. You’re the one here claiming that somehow you can vote according to your conscience and that I not be allowed to.

And what science? Humans have a unique genetic code. A gestating human has one too; check. They have their own individual body; check. They have an unlimited potential; check. They are alive; check. The only “science” that backs a position that would legitimize the murder of humans is deviant and perverted. What are you going to claim after they’ve been born and set on a table while adults commiserate on whether it should be left to die or not? Is that a legitimate option? According to your Democratic Party leaders that is still legitimate. SMDH.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:42 PM
What are you going to claim after they’ve been born and set on a table while adults commiserate on whether it should be left to die or not?How many times has that actually happened?

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:42 PM
You’re not understanding the concept of Separation of Church and State. I can vote according to my conscience. You’re the one here claiming that somehow you can vote according to your conscience and that I not be allowed to.

And what science? Humans have a unique genetic code. A gestating human has one too; check. They have their own individual body; check. They have an unlimited potential; check. They are alive; check. The only “science” that backs a position that would legitimize the murder of humans is deviant and perverted. What are you going to claim after they’ve been born and set on a table while adults commiserate on whether it should be left to die or not? Is that a legitimate option? According to your Democratic Party leaders that is still legitimate. SMDH.
What Democratic Party leader has endorsed post-birth abortions? Be specific. You’re just regurgitating shit your pastor crams down your throat.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:43 PM
:lol He was so proud of himself for thinking he’d provided an explanation that you hadn’t heard before.

What explanation? Again you keep placing words in my mouth. And ascribing motives? What do you know about what I felt or didn’t feel when I responded to his post? Everything you are saying relies on pure conjecture.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:43 PM
What Democratic Party leader has endorsed post-birth abortions? Be specific. You’re just regurgitating shit your pastor crams down your throat.Sounds like apocrypha straight from Bishop Dennison's mouth.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:44 PM
How many times has that actually happened?
The only time I can think of it happening was with Kermit Gosnell, the MD running the abortion clinic in Philadelphia.

He of course was caught and sent to prison by a DA who was a Democrat and pro choice though, so still waiting to hear about how it was endorsed by Democratic Party leaders.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:46 PM
How many times has that actually happened?

For the governor of a state to actually cite this (Virginia if I’m not mistaken), I would imagine more than once. Plus the case of the nurse at a planned parenthood facility where she would routinely find whole babies left in the closet to die (in Illinois). The fact that you are trying to weigh in on the matter based on quantity and not on principle is telling enough.

Will Hunting
03-24-2020, 07:48 PM
For the governor of a state to actually cite this (Virginia if I’m not mistaken), I would imagine more than once. Plus the case of the nurse at a planned parenthood facility where she would routinely find whole babies left in the closet to die (in Illinois). The fact that you are trying to weigh in on the matter based on quantity and not on principle is telling enough.
Give me specific names. Which Democratic politicians have endorsed post-birth abortions?

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:48 PM
:lol us crazy pro-choice atheists for wanting the US to be like the rest of the modern world rather like third world shitholes in Latin America and Africa

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/af-map-abortion-laws-v2.jpg

Fallacy of causation/correlation.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:50 PM
Give me specific names. Which Democratic politicians have endorsed post-birth abortions?

Governor Cuomo (Dem - NY)

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:51 PM
The only time I can think of it happening was with Kermit Gosnell, the MD running the abortion clinic in Philadelphia.

He of course was caught and sent to prison by a DA who was a Democrat and pro choice though, so still waiting to hear about how it was endorsed by Democratic Party leaders.Oh yeah, the objectively horrible doctor?

Gonna call him an outlier.

Will Hunting
Governor Cuomo (Dem - NY)
When did he endorse it? Provide a quote.

Will Hunting
Oh yeah, the objectively horrible doctor?

Gonna call him an outlier.
Yes, the doctor who both pro choice and pro life people agree was evil.

ChumpDumper
Governor Cuomo (Dem - NY)Let's see that quote in full context.

Or is its true nature unknowable?

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:52 PM
But you can?:rollin

I’ve been consistent on my position. That you don’t believe it is another matter entirely.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:53 PM
I’ve been consistent on my position.Yes, consistently trying to have it both ways.

Trainwreck2100
:lol conveniently pointing out Trump's new scapegoat

Phenomanul
Let's see that quote in full context.

Or is it's true nature unknowable?

Barbs like the second statement make discussion with you an annoyance. Then you wonder why people want to largely ignore conversation with you. You’re quite the jerk.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:54 PM
Barbs like the second statement make discussion with you an annoyance. Then you wonder why people want to largely ignore conversation with you. You’re quite the jerk.That's not Cuomo's quote.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:54 PM
Yes, consistently trying to have it both ways.

Show the two statements side by side. And I will show you where you are mischaracterizing my position.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:56 PM
That's not Cuomo's quote.

No... just the law that he recently repealed in NY (it allows for infanticide and does not explicitly condemn it). Kamala Harris wants California to adopt similar measures. Again leaders that “no one” is familiar with...

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Show the two statements side by side. And I will show you where you are mischaracterizing my position.Why don't you do it yourself?

Why can't a person explain the basis of his disbelief but you can claim the basis of your belief is valid without any explanation?

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Because you’re making me miss dinner.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:58 PM
No... just the law that he recently repealed in NY (it allows for infanticide does not condemn it). Kamala Harris wants California to adopt similar measures.Why did you lie?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Because you’re making me miss dinner.Dismissive and smug.

ElNono
03-24-2020, 08:00 PM
And, here we are talking about political pet peeves again, which is unavoidable. As already said, religion is the gas-lighting vehicle. :lol

Pheno, I read your whole reply out of respect, but we're going in circles here. Now, it wasn't god that sent COVID to avenge infanticide, but it's a man made 'choice'? That's a convenient pivot, but as you know, it still logically doesn't work out: you still pretend to know god's motives when you want to back up some argument, but when confronted with the choices of this vengeful, sick god, you pretend not to know.

And I still highlight the political pet peeve, because those go beyond your preaching room, they transform in policy that affects everyone. That's the line I draw.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:00 PM
And I asked you first. You’re the one that spitefully claimed I was being duplicitous. Last but not least I have given a full disclosure of my position. You can look it up if you’re that desperate about knowing where I stand. I’ve hidden nothing.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 08:02 PM
And I asked you first. You’re the one that spitefully claimed I was being duplicitous. Last but not least I have given a full disclosure of my position. You can look it up if you’re that desperate about knowing where I stand. I’ve hidden nothing.Except the basis of your belief. You smugly dismissed us as being unable to understand.

Also why god did this virus thing. WTF?

spurraider21
03-24-2020, 08:03 PM
new york didnt do anything out of the ordinary. they basically just codified the ruling from Roe v Wade. nearly identical language there.

the fear was that SCOTUS was going to overturn Roe and they wanted to ensure that they could keep the status quo even if that happens

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:07 PM
And, here we are talking about political pet peeves again, which is unavoidable. As already said, religion is the gas-lighting vehicle. :lol

Pheno, I read your whole reply out of respect, but we're going in circles here. Now, it wasn't god that sent COVID to avenge infanticide, but it's a man made 'choice'? That's a convenient pivot, but as you know, it still logically doesn't work out: you still pretend to know god's motives when you want to back up some argument, but when confronted with the choices of this vengeful, sick god, you pretend not to know.

And I still highlight the political pet peeve, because those go beyond your preaching room, they transform in policy that affects everyone. That's the line I draw.

The consequences of sin are brought upon by choice. Action —> reaction. I never said that GOD caused CoViD-19. I said that the Chinese wet-market practice unleashed the virus upon everyone else. Their action (choice not to stop the dangerous practice) produced a reaction. GOD didn’t make the virus. That’s why the whole argument has been a red herring from the beginning. Then you all went on tangents from an already mischaracterized position, and we find ourselves here.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Except the basis of your belief. You smugly dismissed us as being unable to understand.

Also why god did this virus thing. WTF?

You’re moving goal posts again. Are you gonna let me join my family for dinner or are you going to claim some worthless internet victory over me not fawning over your replies?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 08:11 PM
The consequences of sin are brought upon by choice. Action —> reaction. I didn’t say that GOD caused CoViD-19. I said that the Chinese wet-market practice unleashed the virus upon everyone else.Is poor bat poop management a venial or cardinal sin?

ElNono
The consequences of sin are brought upon by choice. Action —> reaction. I didn’t say that GOD caused CoViD-19. I said that the Chinese wet-market practice unleashed the virus upon everyone else. Their action produced a reaction. GOD didn’t make it. That’s why the whole argument has been a red herring from the beginning. Then you all went on tangents and we find ourselves here.

You can't claim god is all knowing and ever powerful, then claim what he did or didn't do. You understand the logical fallacy?

And no, you also can't claim that you don't know how he operates nor the other way around, because you don't know anything about your perceived god. You don't communicate with him, can't see him, can't talk to him. It's all in your head, capisce? Let's keep it there.

ChumpDumper
You’re moving goal posts again. Are you gonna let me join my family for dinner or are you going to claim some worthless internet victory over me not fawning over your replies?Looks like you're claiming victory for yourself by running out the clock.:tu

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:13 PM
Is poor bat poop management a venial or cardinal sin?

It’s stupidity. Stupid choices lead to death... take drunk driving for example.

Phenomanul
03-24-2020, 08:15 PM
Looks like you're claiming victory for yourself by running out the clock.:tu

Nah. I’m not the one that claimed that my need for dinner was somehow an attempt to be dismissive. You claimed that. Do I need your permission to have dinner? Grow up.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 08:16 PM
It’s stupidity. Stupid choices lead to death... take drunk driving for example.So it wasn't actually sin as you said.

Why did you call it sin if it was actually stupidity?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2020, 08:16 PM
Nah. I’m not the one that claimed that my need for dinner was somehow an attempt to be dismissive. You claimed that. Do I need your permission to have dinner? Grow up.You certainly seem to be asking for it after already claiming victory.

ducks
03-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Alive and well
States with homeless problems hit hardest not shocked
Italy lots of smokers no place to wash hands no sewage city not schocked
Happening there

ducks
03-24-2020, 08:56 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/90815447_10217380966695883_8123476713880420352_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmXiLlc0RFHTM9hypKmEy8L-irFhxyHdWApIkluSEcO11smGUJ32AdF7fGotyoXYcup6LB3uMf-RmhB8dRKn_WJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=48da13b80223d225a32985d24139a74e&oe=5E9FD870

clambake
03-24-2020, 09:06 PM
phenom helped release demons if you recall.

go ahead, phenom. tell what happened with a ouija board.

his dad is a preacher

he never stood a chance

phxspurfan
03-24-2020, 11:26 PM
Oof this thread didn’t age well

ducks
03-24-2020, 11:47 PM
Published 2 hours ago
Surgeon General says US has 'turned the corner' on coronavirus testing

slick'81
03-25-2020, 12:15 AM
Oof this thread didn’t age well

Its dorks what do you expect?

Winehole23
03-25-2020, 12:21 AM
Published 2 hours ago
Surgeon General says US has 'turned the corner' on coronavirus testing
Hope he's right. The US policy of undertesting grates.

Thread
03-25-2020, 05:56 AM
Hope he's right. The US policy of undertesting grates.

It's ridiculous, Winester. A negative means nothing 10 minutes after you get the test, not result, the test! You're back at square one.

RD2191
03-25-2020, 12:44 PM
the atheist's nightmare
RD2191

:lol

RandomGuy
03-25-2020, 12:49 PM
cuck

RandomGuy
03-25-2020, 12:56 PM

I don't hate "god". You can't hate something that you don't think is real. I don't hate leprechauns either.

That is your first lie.

"killing humans" is, course the second lie. You have defined "humans" in a way that I simply reject.

As for "even after the point where the baby is out of the... womb" is a third lie. I call bullshit on that stupidity. source link or GTFO with that bullshit.

Two-thirds of all human embryos fail to develop successfully.

This is completely outside of abortion.

We know this is the case, just like we know the atomic weight of silver. This is a fact.

So, assuming for the sake of argument that your definition of "human" holds, WHY DOES GOD KILL TWO-THIRDS OF ALL HUMANS BEFORE THEY ARE EVEN BORN?

RandomGuy
03-25-2020, 12:59 PM

Is slavery moral? Simple yes or no.

Spurs Homer
03-25-2020, 01:04 PM
ducks with the goods not buying this Coronavirus HOAX :tu

Keep it up.

thanks for confirming you and ducks are on the same level!

tho everyone knew already!

spurraider21
05-08-2020, 07:28 PM
underrated thread tbh

baseline bum
05-08-2020, 08:07 PM

Did you Manu doesn't believe in god?