PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy League

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't know what I am doing.

If I have players on the bench as opposed to utility do I still get the same amount of points for them?

Does it make a difference who I start?

Help please. =)

Phonzie20
11-05-2005, 12:29 AM

Agreeded </cambrad>

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-05-2005, 12:47 AM

If I have players on the bench as opposed to utility do I still get the same amount of points for them?

Does it make a difference who I start?

Help please. =)

Players on your bench don't count as opposed to utility. What you do with utility players is they allow you to maximize your team's potential based on your stronger positions.

For example, in one league, I have Dirk as a C so I can load up on my strong forwards.

Bench players points don't count (theoretically...based on your league, but I would strongly assume that that's the case).

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 01:58 AM
here's some stuff that may help you Angel:

What is the Util position?

The Utility position can be filled using any player and position.

Players in the Utility spot will get full credit for those stats earned in each of your league's scoring categories.

If your league uses a Maximum Games limit , the Utility position is subject to the same restrictions as the other active positions chosen in your league.

Click on the League Settings link from your league home page to view your league's scoring and roster configuration.

Bench Players

As mentioned above by Blaze, the players that you have placed on your bench do NOT count towartds your score. The bench is where you would place players who may be injured or suspended. Additionally, players who may not have a favorable match-up, or have not been producing well lately. Also, the bench is utilized to free up the other positions (PG,SG,SF,PF...etc...etc..) so that you can plug players into those categories.

Bottom line: If an active player is on your bench, he's not helping you at all. Try to play everyone that is active.

Do I need to change my roster every day?

You do not need to change your roster at all.

However, it is in your best interest to monitor your team closely throughout the season. This way, you can make sure that the players in your starting lineup are not injured or otherwise missing games.

If new information about a player is available, a graphic note icon will be displayed next to their name. Click on this icon to read the updated player information.

How does head-to-head scoring work?

In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team compiles more assists than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with more rebounds than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each will receive credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings.

How do I win?

In a Head-to-Head League, the goal is to have your team compile a better win-loss record than all of the other squads in your league. Each week, you'll square off against another team in your league -- set a lineup based on league requirements and aim to have your players compile the best stats in each of your stat categories. Your stats are tallied on a weekly basis, with each stat category counting as a game, and the team with the best performance in that category getting credit for a win. The team with the best record at the end of the year wins the regular season championship. However, teams then participate in league playoffs to determine the overall league champion.

The better your players perform in real-life games, the more points they help earn for your team.

Horry For 3!
11-05-2005, 02:00 AM
Angel, if your players is playing then start him. The more players you start the better you have a chance to win most categories.

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks Guys! =)

batman2883
11-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Luv You Going Tonight?

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Yes... Rasho jersey and all! =)

batman2883
11-05-2005, 11:23 AM
RASHO JERSEY?? bLAH

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 11:24 AM
You should be so cool! =)

batman2883
11-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I Wish I Had A Manu Argentina Jersey :(

batman2883
11-05-2005, 11:26 AM
DID YOU SEE LAST NIGHT??? rASHO ACTUALLY DUNKED IT FROM A PASS FROM TONY

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I was there and I saw it! Good stuff! Only the beginning too!

TOP-CHERRY
11-05-2005, 11:31 AM
I think me and Angel need some tutoring lessons about Fantasy Basketball.

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I think me and Angel need some tutoring lessons about Fantasy Basketball.

No joke!

I love my team but did them a real disservice when I drafted them. I picked a solid team but even on their very best nights my guys would be hard press to outdue all the ridiculous talent everyone else drafted.
(Thus the point of fantasy. Yes, I get it now guys but I'm still not ready to trade anybody. )

Anyway, if you haven't had your draft yet Cherry, I highly recommend having someone help you.

TOP-CHERRY
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Anyway, if you haven't had your draft yet Cherry, I highly recommend having someone help you.
Thanks! I'll get someone.

:)

angel_luv
11-05-2005, 11:50 AM
(Thus the point of fantasy. Yes, I get it now guys but I'm still not ready to trade anybody. )

Actually that is not true. But I would have to talk to somebody first.