PDA

View Full Version : Devs - anyone watching this show?

SpursforSix
03-24-2020, 12:00 PM
Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation) show that has decent reviews.

"Devs" is an FX limited series that focuses on a young software engineer named Lily Chan who works for Amaya, a cutting-edge tech company based in Silicon Valley. After her boyfriend Sergei's apparent suicide, Lily suspects foul play and begins to investigate. She quickly realizes that all roads lead to Forest, Amaya's enigmatic CEO, and Devs, the company's secret development division. In Lily's quest to discover the truth, she uncovers a technology-based conspiracy that could change the world.

After I finish up Sinners, I think I'll check it out.

monosylab1k
03-25-2020, 06:08 AM
Really liking it so far. Same feel and tone as Ex Machina/Annihilation.

Only complaint is that Nick Offerman feels miscast.

SpursforSix
03-25-2020, 01:11 PM

I can believe that. When I saw his name in it, I actually Googled him to make sure I wasn't crazy ("wait...Ron Swanson?".

johnsmith
03-25-2020, 07:30 PM
Hilarious.

johnsmith
03-25-2020, 07:31 PM
Oh wait....I thought this was about the new show Dave....not devs....muh bad....Dave is hilarious.

SpursforSix
03-27-2020, 11:49 AM

I'm through Episode 3 and really enjoying it. It is hard to to accept Offerman in this role. Not enough to really hurt the show though. If I hadn't watched P&R, I might not even think about it.

SpursforSix
04-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Damn this show is excellent. Imo, it's up there with Mr. Robot for the first season.

SpursforSix
04-16-2020, 11:04 AM
I'm assuming that I just saw the season finale if not the series finale. It was OK in terms of tying everything up but wasn't an "oh shit" kind of thing.
When I reflect on the full season, I'd recommend watching this stoned or at least a little high.

monosylab1k
04-16-2020, 08:22 PM
Show is damn good in terms of semi-vapid “really makes you think” bong smoke philosophy. Thoroughly entertaining no matter what. I enjoyed the ending but it also feels hollow. Just a show that keeps you feeing uneasy the entire time.

MultiTroll
04-16-2020, 09:31 PM
^ Did either of you homo's see Ex Machina?

Millennial_Messiah
04-16-2020, 10:50 PM
I'm not a dev I'm a numbers guy/statistician/data miner, but i can appreciate it

SpursforSix
04-16-2020, 11:09 PM
^ Did either of you homo's see Ex Machina?

I did. Probably one of my top 10ish favorite movies.