PDA

View Full Version : **Thread for Essential People Only**

DMC
03-25-2020, 05:04 PM
In

You non-essential folks can sit aside and watch how it's done.

:hat

Will Hunting
03-25-2020, 05:18 PM
Non-essential but still getting paid :smokin

Mark Celibate
03-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Work From Home master race checking in

https://i.imgur.com/JSyG4lN.png

spurraider21
03-25-2020, 05:31 PM
been working from home across the country since late July, so just coasting

DMC
03-25-2020, 05:34 PM
I go out driving and see someone else and immediately I ask myself "is that fucker essential? Why is he on our road?"

phxspurfan
03-25-2020, 05:43 PM

wat ur hands doing under that blanket tho... your camera still on

hater
03-25-2020, 05:44 PM

me too

:lmao peasants

DMC
03-25-2020, 05:45 PM
me too

:lmao peasants

We know you're not essential. No 3rd world povertball lover who mass spreads false reports on obscure sites is essential to a 1st world economy.

hater
03-25-2020, 05:46 PM
has 73 thousand posts on spurstalk

calls himself essential :lmao

ElNono
03-25-2020, 06:29 PM

Just got my WFH extended to April 31st... just cashing 'em checks. :smokin

TSA
03-25-2020, 07:04 PM
Essential and working from home 6-9 AM and then the rest of the day at the golf course :wakeup

Will Hunting
03-25-2020, 07:13 PM

:lmao

Will Hunting
03-25-2020, 07:17 PM
Essential and working from home 6-9 AM and then the rest of the day at the golf course :wakeup
I’ve hit the driving range several times this week and it’s heaven how empty it is :lol

TSA
03-25-2020, 07:26 PM
I’ve hit the driving range several times this week and it’s heaven how empty it is :lol

I don’t even know if there’s a driving range open in California. They’ve got cops going to courses left and right shutting them down. I’m thankful there’s a private club in my town letting members just go out and walk...no carts. They are pretending to be closed. My game has been on fire these last two weeks with all the free time I’ve had to play. I’m 4 under in the last 5 rounds I’ve played. I played collegiate golf and now at 37 I am seriously considering just sticking with it again and trying to make my lifetime goal of playing on the Senior PGA tour :lol I’ll have Coronavirus to thank if I make it.

Th'Pusher
03-25-2020, 07:47 PM
I go out driving and see someone else and immediately I ask myself "is that fucker essential? Why is he on our road?"

Meaty hands on the eight-ball gearshift of PT Cruiser. Walmart badge hanging from the rear view. Oakley blades on.

BD24
03-25-2020, 07:50 PM
We know you're not essential. No 3rd world povertball lover who mass spreads false reports on obscure sites is essential to a 1st world economy.
Tbh.

TSA
03-25-2020, 07:58 PM
Meaty hands on the eight-ball gearshift of PT Cruiser. Walmart badge hanging from the rear view. Oakley blades on.

Aren’t you considered essential specifically because of places like Walmart? :lol

Spurs Homer
03-25-2020, 08:15 PM

:lmao:lmao

Th'Pusher
03-25-2020, 08:17 PM
Aren’t you considered essential specifically because of places like Walmart? :lol

Referencing your personal file on me again.

Stopped updating my linked in because of stalkers like you tbh.

Essential Dee Mack :lol

GAustex
03-25-2020, 08:18 PM
I don’t even know if there’s a driving range open in California. They’ve got cops going to courses left and right shutting them down. I’m thankful there’s a private club in my town letting members just go out and walk...no carts. They are pretending to be closed. My game has been on fire these last two weeks with all the free time I’ve had to play. I’m 4 under in the last 5 rounds I’ve played. I played collegiate golf and now at 37 I am seriously considering just sticking with it again and trying to make my lifetime goal of playing on the Senior PGA tour :lol I’ll have Coronavirus to thank if I make it.
Its a wonderful dream.
One that will be hard to achieve.
I saw the Senior pros when they played at Lakeway. There was a serious difference between what they had and what I had.
Years ago when I was your age I carried a 4-legit from the back tees-a 7200 yard course did not scare me.
Those 13 years are brutal between 37 and 50.
My advice-work harder than ever to stay in shape and be fit.
I found my strength and nerve left in those years.
Many years later I can get around in the low 80s from the middle tees.
There is nothing like a pure 4 iron to a par 5 that lands soft and gives you a shot at eagle.
Good luck with your dream.

DMX7
03-25-2020, 08:19 PM
It’s sad but the essential employees are probably among the lowest paid with few exceptions like doctors.

Chinook
03-25-2020, 08:26 PM
Checking in. Essential but working from home. Best of both worlds in that I'm still collecting a check but don't have to deal with randos.

DMC
03-25-2020, 08:56 PM
has 73 thousand posts on spurstalk

calls himself essential :lmao

I got a letter say I am exempt from any and all gestapo stops and frisks tbh

DMC
03-25-2020, 08:59 PM

Sounds like your mother's singles add.

DMC
03-25-2020, 09:01 PM
It’s sad but the essential employees are probably among the lowest paid with few exceptions like doctors.

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile.

Winehole23
03-25-2020, 09:39 PM
Wine and spirits distribution is essential in Texas.

(By contrast, Pennsylvania is a control state and shut down all the state bottle shops. A black market arose pretty much instantly.)

TSA
03-25-2020, 10:27 PM

:lol stalkers

via PM from you

Hey. I started a response the other day, then got too wordy explaining the situation so I abandoned it. I'm in IT, for a grocery retailer here in Texas and we're in the process of building a buying system for Fresh (refrigerated) procurement. Basically just giving the buyers more data about current/expected inventory, forecast based on movement, competitive cost/retails etc. Produce is already using iTrade for cost/po cutting, but they have no additional information so they're going to multiple systems. Trying to streamline the business process by aggregating all of the data into one place when they're making a buying decision. Supposedly iTrade offers components to do some of this stuff so deciding to build or buy. I was looking for a supplier's perspective. Thanks is for the info.

Th'Pusher
03-25-2020, 10:36 PM

via PM from you

Hey. I started a response the other day, then got too wordy explaining the situation so I abandoned it. I'm in IT, for a grocery retailer here in Texas and we're in the process of building a buying system for Fresh (refrigerated) procurement. Basically just giving the buyers more data about current/expected inventory, forecast based on movement, competitive cost/retails etc. Produce is already using iTrade for cost/po cutting, but they have no additional information so they're going to multiple systems. Trying to streamline the business process by aggregating all of the data into one place when they're making a buying decision. Supposedly iTrade offers components to do some of this stuff so deciding to build or buy. I was looking for a supplier's perspective. Thanks is for the info.

Calculated shit bombs tbh?

Mark Celibate
03-25-2020, 10:42 PM

(By contrast, Pennsylvania is a control state and shut down all the state bottle shops. A black market arose pretty much instantly.)

Too risky to shut them all down. You'd have many alcoholics taking up hospital beds suffering withdrawal symptoms

Blake
03-25-2020, 11:32 PM
In

You non-essential folks can sit aside and watch how it's done.

:hat

Hard to tell from my living room window..... Do you push a button or pull a lever to grab my recycle bin?

DMC
03-26-2020, 09:51 AM
Hard to tell from my living room window..... Do you push a button or pull a lever to grab my recycle bin?

Ask your wife

hater
03-26-2020, 12:24 PM

yup

black market, crime and deaths due to bad liquor would exponentially grow

on the other hand liquor under quarantine will exponentially increase domestic violence :lmao

Chucho
03-26-2020, 03:19 PM

LOL, you worked at Walmart recently. :lol

Chucho
03-26-2020, 03:21 PM
yup

black market, crime and deaths due to bad liquor would exponentially grow

on the other hand liquor under quarantine will exponentially increase domestic violence :lmao

Whoa! What a gutsy call! There is no massively infamous precedent that didn't lend itself to help you conjure such a crazy prediction?!?!

Winehole23
03-26-2020, 04:31 PM
Too risky to shut them all down. You'd have many alcoholics taking up hospital beds suffering withdrawal symptomsThere's that. Alcohol is a legal drug.

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2020, 04:45 PM

and still getting paid for 8 hours :lol that's the life

just think, if you weren't in California you could sleep in until at least 8am and you could stop paying the 13.3% state income tax.

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2020, 04:46 PM

THE RIZE OF MOONSHINE 2.0

#AlCapOwned

SpursforSix
03-26-2020, 04:47 PM
THE RIZE OF MOONSHINE 2.0

#AlCapOwned

wtf is wrong with you

Leetonidas
03-26-2020, 04:58 PM
I already worked 3 days a week from home so 2 more days ain't even a big deal . Everyones staying at home so I'm basically getting paid to sit on my ass and watch Seinfeld reruns while doing like an hour of work a day :lol coronavirus has been good to me work wise tbh

Trainwreck2100
03-26-2020, 05:10 PM
DAFUQ? TSA has a job?

DAF86
03-26-2020, 05:43 PM

Same.

:lol not being able to have a regular social life but still having to do regular job
:lol bragging about it
:lol fat hands probably works as an employee on a grocery store

Th'Pusher
03-26-2020, 05:46 PM

:lol No

hater
03-26-2020, 05:47 PM
Whoa! What a gutsy call! There is no massively infamous precedent that didn't lend itself to help you conjure such a crazy prediction?!?!

whats wrong about making easy calls nig?

is there a law against it?

it actually builds up your Mana to make big calls

its like basketball. you make the easy shots , you will make the big shots

you miss them and you are a scrub

Millennial_Messiah
03-26-2020, 06:53 PM
whats wrong about making easy calls nig?

is there a law against it?

it actually builds up your Mana to make big calls

its like basketball. you make the easy shots , you will make the big shots

you miss them and you are a scrub
:lol this isn't a video game

DMC
03-26-2020, 07:08 PM
:lol No

Well damn, that backfired on you. :lol

At least you savin' errday errday errday

DarrinS
03-26-2020, 07:09 PM

Best news ever

TeyshaBlue
03-26-2020, 07:24 PM
I'm so essential, I'm still traveling daily....but not flying thank jeebus.

Th'Pusher
03-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Well damn, that backfired on you. :lol

At least you savin' errday errday errday

Backfired?

DMC
03-26-2020, 09:24 PM

via PM from you

Backfired?

:lol yes

Th'Pusher
03-26-2020, 10:38 PM
:lol yes

Chucho and you think Walmart headquarters their IT in Texas? I’d suggest the both of you learn more.

Chucho
03-26-2020, 11:16 PM
Chucho and you think Walmart headquarters their IT in Texas? I’d suggest the both of you learn more.

You probably work in IT the same way Andy works in IT.

Blake
03-26-2020, 11:29 PM

Why would Th'Pusher refer to his own hands as "meaty"?

I thought it was pretty clear who he was talking about

Xevious
03-26-2020, 11:42 PM
Considering places like Michaels or Krispy Kreme are allowed to stay open, being called "essential" is not exactly a big deal.

DMC
03-27-2020, 01:00 AM

Admit it, you got hit in the face by your own shit.

Nathan89
03-27-2020, 02:37 AM

Golf seems like the perfect sport during this time. There is no reason for it to be shut down.

Spurtacular
03-27-2020, 03:17 AM
Just checking in.

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2020, 09:03 AM
There's that. Alcohol is a legal drug.

I have been corona vaccinating religiously every evening with Garrison Brothers after being essential all day.

pgardn
03-28-2020, 12:57 AM
Ny times opinion

“This is essentially a white-collar quarantine,” said Howard Barbanel, a Miami-based entrepreneur who owns a wine company. “Average working people are bagging and delivering goods, driving trucks, working for local government.”

Not on ST they most certainly are not.
Making Six figures and needed to make the decisions to save lives.

DMC
03-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Ny times opinion

“This is essentially a white-collar quarantine,” said Howard Barbanel, a Miami-based entrepreneur who owns a wine company. “Average working people are bagging and delivering goods, driving trucks, working for local government.”

Not on ST they most certainly are not.
Making Six figures and needed to make the decisions to save lives.

You must be non-essential. It's ok. I don't think less of you (trust me).

CosmicCowboy
03-28-2020, 10:47 AM
We did alter a lot of procedures. No customers in our office, working out procedures with our customers to get my crews in with minimum interaction with public spaces, etc. Lots of hand washing and sanitizer. Obviously still no way to keep an employee from bringing it in from home.

Millennial_Messiah
03-28-2020, 01:27 PM
Walmart has tech support, server operators (if you want to call that IT; but that's low-paying IT) all over the U.S. and at or near most major cities in Texas and the U.S., that much is certain.

But the vast majority (>95%) of their high-paying C-level jobs in IT (project managers, developers, data analysts, software engineers etc), finance, accounting, executive leadership et al. is in podunk-ass......... Bentonville, Arkansas. And the proud-ass Walton family wants to keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

You have to take sketchy back roads to get there from just about anywhere, since it's not really connected to the interstate from most directions. The kind of two-lane, two-way, one-lane-each roads that I tend to stay the 'F' away from.

You probably work in IT the same way Andy works in IT.
$388,000 / 52 = $7,461.53 gross earnings from this past week on my end, not bad. Unfortunately it'll very soon drop to $248,000 / 52 = $4,769.23 gross when company H gives me the axe for bench time sometime this next week in early April, but I guess I can manage for the time being.

pgardn
03-28-2020, 04:35 PM
You must be non-essential. It's ok. I don't think less of you (trust me).

If you had respect for me, I would question my own value system as being perverse.

So we are both good.

DMX7
03-28-2020, 04:37 PM

Prohibition was a failure. This will be too.

DMC
03-28-2020, 06:05 PM
Walmart has tech support, server operators (if you want to call that IT; but that's low-paying IT) all over the U.S. and at or near most major cities in Texas and the U.S., that much is certain.

But the vast majority (>95%) of their high-paying C-level jobs in IT (project managers, developers, data analysts, software engineers etc), finance, accounting, executive leadership et al. is in podunk-ass......... Bentonville, Arkansas. And the proud-ass Walton family wants to keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

You have to take sketchy back roads to get there from just about anywhere, since it's not really connected to the interstate from most directions. The kind of two-lane, two-way, one-lane-each roads that I tend to stay the 'F' away from.

$388,000 / 52 = $7,461.53 gross earnings from this past week on my end, not bad. Unfortunately it'll very soon drop to $248,000 / 52 = $4,769.23 gross when company H gives me the axe for bench time sometime this next week in early April, but I guess I can manage for the time being.

:lmao