PDA

View Full Version : Official Trump administration bungling response to pandemic thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

RandomGuy
03-26-2020, 11:58 PM
The bungling is getting bad.

Disbanded white house pandemic unit

hollowed out federal agencies headed by "acting" idiots whose only qualification is loyalty

First it was:
"its under control"
"its a democrat hoax"
"we will see zero cases"
"not worried"

waited too long to roll out mass testing.

forced a super-spreading event by testing everybody coming back from overseas in crowded airports

Selectively holding back ventilators from hardest hit areas.

Free for all in bidding war pitting states against federal government

now we have "get back to work" and "let's see packed churches"

can't follow the plan

no coordinated federal response with governors

meaningless county by county risk categorization

Dumb ass thinks he can quarantine whole states, got his pee pee spanked by lawyers telling him his idea was stupid. (tweet shits)

Dude can't bluff his way out of this shit, is out of his depth, and it shows.

dude21
03-26-2020, 11:59 PM
Orange shit stain. :lol

hater
03-27-2020, 12:07 AM
Flu Virus going savage on Trump and his bestest people ever :lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/kfLLKs0rFlLIk/giphy.gif

DarrinS
03-27-2020, 12:13 AM
This helps

slick'81
03-27-2020, 01:38 AM
Yea,its been one helluva shit show

picnroll
03-27-2020, 06:24 AM
Trump has ordered a take down order on this thread.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 06:26 AM
This helps

Giving him a pass because "magic R" is better?

Not speaking up when you see people's lives in danger is better?

I analyze risk, risk-mitigation strategies, management and business systems for a living. Quite frankly, this has been run appallingly badly, and is getting worse.

That poor performance was "baked in" to this crisis. Hollowed out leadership, loyalty over competence or subject area expertise, etc.

This crisis was foreseeable. Do not give this guy a pass here. That does NOT help. When government is fucking up, we have to speak up.

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 07:20 AM
Trash has been out of his depth since March 2015

DMC
03-27-2020, 07:29 AM
This deserved a thread of its own for sure. Otherwise how would anyone here ascertain your feelings on the matter?

If you receive any type of stimulus money I fully expect you to reject it because of the administration who sent it to you. You should instead redirect towards the victims of the coronavirus who were disenfranchised by this Administration. I am more than certain you won't do that.

hater
03-27-2020, 08:00 AM
Im keeping score niggas:

- close down china flights = + 2 weeks
- waiting a month before doing anything else = -2 weeks
- botched CDC tests = -2 weeks
- not enough tests = -3 weeks
- terrible supply chain of ventilators/PPE = -1 week
- will label counties as safe/risky with q sharpie = -7 weeks

hater
03-27-2020, 08:01 AM
Trump pulling out the sharpies again. will label his safe/risky counties

this will go well :lmao

https://twitter.com/riddle_triddle/status/1243497813734051842?s=21

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 08:05 AM
corrupt, grifter Trash was out of his depth as a businessman, squandered his inheritance and bankrupted 6 times, forced to launder money for the Russian mafiya, failed at selling crap merchandise, stole money from his charity, and fined for a fraudulent "university"

horseshue
03-27-2020, 08:17 AM
As the orange monkey said: They have the tests and the tests are beautiful., so no worries.

picnroll
03-27-2020, 08:27 AM
This deserved a thread of its own for sure. Otherwise how would anyone here ascertain your feelings on the matter?

If you receive any type of stimulus money I fully expect you to reject it because of the administration who sent it to you. You should instead redirect towards the victims of the coronavirus who were disenfranchised by this Administration. I am more than certain you won't do that.

I’m not getting any stimulus money but if I were I’d send it to where it would do the most good, Amy McGrath fund raising committee.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 08:36 AM
[ignores substance of criticisms, personal attack on OP]

No-take McGurk strikes again.

[indifference]

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 08:37 AM
I’m not getting any stimulus money but if I were I’d send it to where it would do the most good, Amy McGrath fund raising committee.

Act Blue has a specific campaign, as well as one for Collin's opponent. Collins is going to be toast for her vote to strip out pandemic funding a few years ago.

picnroll
03-27-2020, 08:40 AM
Act Blue has a specific campaign, as well as one for Collin's opponent. Collins is going to be toast for her vote to strip out pandemic funding a few years ago.

After Trash Moscow Mitch, the constitution killer, is the diseased whale that needs harpooning most.

Bill_Brasky
03-27-2020, 09:41 AM

This no going out/no friends having faggot definitely wont be in any danger of dying from coronavirus.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 09:44 AM
This helps

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventiliators. You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they'll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they're saying "Can we order 30,000 ventiliators?"

Perfect example. No specific hospital is asking for that. He is confusing what the state of New York is asking for, with what the hospitals themselves are asking for.

Moreover, his willingness to help appears to be tied to how much any governor is kissing his ass.

Is that the criteria for help now?

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 09:46 AM
This no going out/no friends having faggot definitely wont be in any danger of dying from coronavirus.

I see you have me in the crushing grip of reason.

picnroll
03-27-2020, 10:01 AM
Trumps panepedemic plan, kill people’s as quickly as possible and hope the market recovers by election time.

Spurs Homer
03-27-2020, 10:09 AM
There was a prepared WRITTEN plan left by obama admin professionals-
detailing steps to be taken....

even with a PLAYBOOK - spoon fed by the outgoing administration-

and THREE FUCKING YEARS head start-

they still bungled the fuck out of this- causing all the misery we are seeing today.

Fuck China.
Fuck Trump and his impotent complicit sycophants.
Fuck all the complicit fellators still fellating.

Thread
03-27-2020, 10:14 AM
There was a prepared WRITTEN plan left by obama admin professionals-
detailing steps to be taken....

even with a PLAYBOOK - spoon fed by the outgoing administration-

and THREE FUCKING YEARS head start-

they still bungled the fuck out of this- causing all the misery we are seeing today.

Fuck China.
Fuck Trump and his impotent complicit sycophants.
Fuck all the complicit fellators still fellating.

Oh, yeah, Obama left 12.5k dead-in-the-ground for His Flu. But, it wasn't an Election Year, & he wasn't White. So, it was fine & dandy.

Spurs Homer
03-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Oh, yeah, Obama left 12.5k dead-in-the-ground for His Flu. But, it wasn't an Election Year, & he wasn't White. So, it was fine & dandy.

3 YEARS - to implement TRUMPS pandemic team/plan

3 years

cages were built for “caravans”
tents and propaganda were skillfully orchestrated for “aliens”
trumps rhetoric about “invaders” caused and is directly responsible for at least the pittsburgh and el paso massacres- and trump directly has blood on his hands for those

YOU cheered all of the above.

3 years

ZERO plans for TRUMPS own emergency pandemic team/plan.

ZERO

self-evident failure of leadership

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Trump's DHS scrapped the system that was supposed to prepare the nation for enduring a pandemic

It’s not just that Donald

Trump and company actively took apart the team that was designed to provide a national response to pandemics (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/12/1926805/-Donald-Trump-and-John-Bolton-conspired-to-destroy-America-s-defense-against-the-coronavirus-pandemic).

Even within the agencies and systems that remained,

disaster response of all kinds—and pandemic response in particular—was devalued, ignored, and allowed to simply disappear.

there appears to be no reason at all why the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) stopped planning for pandemics.

For more than a decade, DHS held an annual simulation of how a pandemic would affect America,

looking for critical holes in the nation’s infrastructure and

making proposals to shore up weaknesses in both health care and transportation.

But as soon as Trump took office, this planning simply … stopped.

Before they ever took over the White House,

the Trump team was warned that in such an emergency

they could face challenges such as

“shortages of ventilators,

anti-viral drugs, and

other medical essentials” and

that a “coordinated, unified national response was 'paramount'” in saving lives and holding the nation together.

Just last fall, the Department of Health and Human Services staged a simulated pandemic as

“Operation Crimson Contagion (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/19/1929110/-Operation-Crimson-Contagion-shows-how-the-White-House-flub-a-test-run-at-handling-COVID-19),”

which again modeled a virus that caused fever and respiratory illness emerging from China to sweep around the world.

The report on that exercise was clear in its results:

The Trump White House was woefully unprepared in its response.

The White House failed to give the states enough funding to respond,

didn’t provide clear access to federal resources,

didn’t set up any clear leadership,

failed to issue national guidelines for how states should respond, and

didn’t have anything set up for how agencies could do their work remotely.

In short, that exercise seemed to

predict everything that would go wrong in real life starting just two months later.

not only did the Trump team simply stop updating the information when they took office—

they didn’t even bother to preserve what had already been done.

Agencies that are now scrambling for the results generated

before Trump allowed the system to wither are finding the information “scattered,”

when it can be found at all.

there’s a simple answer:

Under Trump,

the DHS has become “singularly focused on border enforcement”

at the expense of everything else.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1931067

picnroll
03-27-2020, 11:39 AM
From Bloomberg News

GM’s Ventilator Effort Goes Haywire With Trump Turning on Barra

General Motors Co. and ventilator maker Ventec Life Systems Inc. had much of what they needed in place to ramp up production of breathing machines that would help coronavirus patients survive and recover. They were just waiting on the Trump administration to place orders and cut checks.

And then, just as frustration was mounting within the largest U.S. carmaker and its partner over the federal government finalizing the details, President Donald Trump went on the attack Friday. He accused the company of moving too slowly and charging too much, specifically criticizing Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra.

The Twitter missives are a remarkable turnabout from the night before, when Trump told Fox News he wasn’t invoking the Cold War-era Defense Production Act to compel manufacturers to make ventilators because companies including GM had already stepped up.

He called on GM to open an assembly plant in Ohio that it no longer owns and make the devices there immediately.

GM was growing exasperated with the Trump administration because after more than a week of around-the-clock work, the carmaker and Ventec had turned an auto-parts plant in Kokomo, Indiana, into a near-ready ventilator-assembly facility. Suppliers are secured for the 700 components needed to make the machines. The automaker has even started hiring because the 300 workers on staff won’t be enough to handle the proposed volume, a person familiar with the situation said.

GM has been moving ahead as if production will begin in April. Ventec and the automaker are planning to build 200,000 ventilators and begin shipping them by the end of next month, the people said.

The Detroit-based carmaker will be a contract manufacturer for Ventec as part of a venture the two companies announced March 20.

Ventilator supply is a vital issue in the struggle to treat people unable to breathe properly because of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Hospitals across the U.S. are running short on the machines already, and many areas of the country are expected to see cases continue to grow rapidly.

The great negotiator killing more people.

DMC
03-27-2020, 11:50 AM
If you don't reject the stimulus check you receive, you're complicit in anything Trump does.

DMC
03-27-2020, 11:52 AM
From Bloomberg News

GM’s Ventilator Effort Goes Haywire With Trump Turning on Barra

General Motors Co. and ventilator maker Ventec Life Systems Inc. had much of what they needed in place to ramp up production of breathing machines that would help coronavirus patients survive and recover. They were just waiting on the Trump administration to place orders and cut checks.

And then, just as frustration was mounting within the largest U.S. carmaker and its partner over the federal government finalizing the details, President Donald Trump went on the attack Friday. He accused the company of moving too slowly and charging too much, specifically criticizing Chief Executive Officer Mary Barra.

The Twitter missives are a remarkable turnabout from the night before, when Trump told Fox News he wasn’t invoking the Cold War-era Defense Production Act to compel manufacturers to make ventilators because companies including GM had already stepped up.

He called on GM to open an assembly plant in Ohio that it no longer owns and make the devices there immediately.

GM was growing exasperated with the Trump administration because after more than a week of around-the-clock work, the carmaker and Ventec had turned an auto-parts plant in Kokomo, Indiana, into a near-ready ventilator-assembly facility. Suppliers are secured for the 700 components needed to make the machines. The automaker has even started hiring because the 300 workers on staff won’t be enough to handle the proposed volume, a person familiar with the situation said.

GM has been moving ahead as if production will begin in April. Ventec and the automaker are planning to build 200,000 ventilators and begin shipping them by the end of next month, the people said.

The Detroit-based carmaker will be a contract manufacturer for Ventec as part of a venture the two companies announced March 20.

Ventilator supply is a vital issue in the struggle to treat people unable to breathe properly because of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Hospitals across the U.S. are running short on the machines already, and many areas of the country are expected to see cases continue to grow rapidly.

The great negotiator killing more people.

As many taxpayer bailouts of these motherfuckers received they are beholden to the government. They have no right to bitch. McDonald's is hiring I understand.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 11:53 AM
Trumps panepedemic plan, kill people’s as quickly as possible and hope the market recovers by election time.

That seems to be the case. He is pressing for midwest states that haven't been hit hard yet to re-open. Irresponsible the extreme.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 11:54 AM
[personal attack]

No-take McGurk strikes again.

[indifference]

ChumpDumper
03-27-2020, 11:55 AM
As many taxpayer bailouts of these motherfuckers received they are beholden to the government. They have no right to bitch. McDonald's is hiring I understand.Doesn't look like you read the article tbh.

DMC
03-27-2020, 11:56 AM
Doesn't look like you read the article tbh.

But it does look like you're following me around like a little bitch trying to get your fix.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2020, 11:58 AM
But it does look like you're following me around like a little bitch trying to get your fix.Looks like you're itching to make every single thread personal with many posters.

Like a little bitch.

Trying to get your fix.

Is that what you're doing?

Winehole23
03-27-2020, 12:16 PM
Amyone else bothered by Trump withholding help from Washington, Minnesota and New York because their governors don't kiss his ass?

Like we do now, I guess.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 12:16 PM
As many taxpayer bailouts of these motherfuckers received they are beholden to the government. They have no right to bitch. McDonald's is hiring I understand.

Trump and company actively took apart the team that was designed to provide a national response to pandemics.

Even within the agencies and systems that remained,

disaster response of all kinds—and pandemic response in particular—was devalued, ignored, and allowed to simply disappear.

there appears to be no reason at all why the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) stopped planning for pandemics.

For more than a decade, DHS held an annual simulation of how a pandemic would affect America,

looking for critical holes in the nation’s infrastructure and

making proposals to shore up weaknesses in both health care and transportation.

But as soon as Trump took office, this planning simply … stopped.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 12:21 PM

The only one doing any real bitching is Trump. They did everything they were asked to do.

The piece of shit you keep carrying water for is stepping on his dick, and if the delays cost lives, you will be defending negligent homicide.

DMC
03-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Amyone else bothered by Trump withholding help from Washington, Minnesota and New York because their governors don't kiss his ass?

Like we do now, I guess.

No I'm not bothered at all.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 12:23 PM

Like we do now, I guess.

Fucking boggles the mind, but is consistent with everything else he does. He only really views his voters as worth worrying about. Reminds me of the tax cuts, targeted in such a way as to make blue states pay a higher share to partially offset them.

DMC
03-27-2020, 12:24 PM
The only one doing any real bitching is Trump. They did everything they were asked to do.

The piece of shit you keep carrying water for is stepping on his dick, and if the delays cost lives, you will be defending negligent homicide.

Oh now lives matter.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 12:24 PM
No I'm not bothered at all.

Kiss Donnies ring, or your voters will die doesn't bother you. Noted. :lol DMC moral authority plays.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 12:25 PM
Oh now lives matter.

So tell us in your wisdom, how should aid be being parceled out? Be specific. Have a take. Or fold. Like Derp. and Cosmored.

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 12:33 PM

Like we do now, I guess.

It may not be obvious now, it will come out later that Trump will have told his Exec to punish blue states by denying them help

eg, we know FL got everything Dr Doom asked for, but MA went begging, ventilators denied to NY, etc, etc.

im-fucking-peachable

Thread
03-27-2020, 12:35 PM
So tell us in your wisdom, how should aid be being parceled out? Be specific. Have a take. Or fold. Like Derp. and Cosmored.

...or, he could put you on his [Ignore List] like you lodged me when I put you on the spot, one time too many.

Thread
03-27-2020, 12:37 PM
It may not be obvious now, it will come out later that Trump will have told his Exec to punish blue states by denying them help

eg, we know FL got everything Dr Doom asked for, but MA went begging, ventilators denied to NY, etc, etc.

im-fucking-peachable

True, even if it isn't true...like this, bouts,,,"A source is telling us to tonight...what is your reporting Manu?"

Winehole23
03-27-2020, 12:38 PM
No I'm not bothered at all.Shush you. Grown folks talkin.

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 12:42 PM
Gov. Cuomo warned that the state needs 30,000 ventilators immediately--and Trump has only sent 400.

Here’s what Trump said in response:

“I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators.

You go into major hospitals sometimes, :lol

and they’ll have two ventilators. :lol evidence? :lol

And now all of a sudden they’re saying,

‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’...

the end result is we gotta get back to work.”

baseline bum
03-27-2020, 12:47 PM

Like we do now, I guess.

What a new low to have a president trying to kill people in states he doesn't like.

Thread
03-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Gov. Cuomo warned that the state needs 30,000 ventilators immediately--and Trump has only sent 400.

Here’s what Trump said in response:

“I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators.

You go into major hospitals sometimes, :lol

and they’ll have two ventilators. :lol evidence? :lol

And now all of a sudden they’re saying,

‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’...

the end result is we gotta get back to work.”

Ain't nobody stopping Cuomo from hunting them. There is no secret to it, nor stash where they're hidden. The fact is other states who don't need all theirs are hoarding & hiding theirs. "Shush, Bill, we may need these now, or, in the future. Just shut the fuck up. Cuomo is probably hiding his true count, just to get some extras at our expense!"

baseline bum
03-27-2020, 12:52 PM
Ain't nobody stopping Cuomo from hunting them. There is no secret to it, nor stash where they're hidden. The fact is other states who don't need all theirs are hoarding & hiding theirs. "Shush, Bill, we may need these now, or, in the future. Just shut the fuck up. Cuomo is probably hiding his true count, just to get some extras at our expense!"

Every state is going to need all of theirs.

Thread
03-27-2020, 12:53 PM

...& or, more beach space.

tee, hee.

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Michigan governor says vendors ‘being told not to send stuff’ to her state — after Trump bashed her

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday made a startling claim that medical supply vendors are “being told” to avoid sending badly needed gear to her state in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

“What I’ve gotten back is that vendors with whom we’ve procured contracts — they’re being told not to send stuff to Michigan,” she said.

“It’s really concerning, I reached out to the White House last night and asked for a phone call with the president.”

At the time that she called the White House,

Trump was attacking her during an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, in which

the president accused her of being insufficiently grateful for his assistance.

“We’ve had a big problem with the young — a woman governor,”

“You know who I’m talking about — from Michigan.

We don’t like to see the complaints. :lol

Now, she wants a declaration of emergency, and, you know,

we’ll have to make a decision on that.

But Michigan is a very important state. :lol

I love the people of Michigan.” :lol
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/michigan-governor-says-vendors-being-told-not-to-send-stuff-to-her-state-after-trump-bashed-her/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4130 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/michigan-governor-says-vendors-being-told-not-to-send-stuff-to-her-state-after-trump-bashed-her/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4130)

... but he will let Michigan-izers suffer and die to punish MI "young female" governor who won't suck his mythical dick

hater
03-27-2020, 01:00 PM
:lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243561301768581120?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243557418556162050?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243559373395410957?s=20

spurraider21
03-27-2020, 01:07 PM
:lol private sector bad now

maybe time to realize you cant count on "the market" to come through with basic needs when profit motive outweighs all

hater
03-27-2020, 01:08 PM
GM doesnt even own the plant in Ohio anymore :lmao :lmao

hater
03-27-2020, 01:10 PM
https://twitter.com/darth/status/1243582819965661189?s=21

:lol :lmao

hater
03-27-2020, 01:21 PM
:lmao

https://twitter.com/livemike46/status/1243603617493417984?s=21

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 01:23 PM
Michigan governor says vendors ‘being told not to send stuff’ to her state — after Trump bashed her

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday made a startling claim that medical supply vendors are “being told” to avoid sending badly needed gear to her state in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

“What I’ve gotten back is that vendors with whom we’ve procured contracts — they’re being told not to send stuff to Michigan,” she said.

“It’s really concerning, I reached out to the White House last night and asked for a phone call with the president.”

At the time that she called the White House,

Trump was attacking her during an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, in which

the president accused her of being insufficiently grateful for his assistance.

“We’ve had a big problem with the young — a woman governor,”

“You know who I’m talking about — from Michigan.

We don’t like to see the complaints. :lol

Now, she wants a declaration of emergency, and, you know,

we’ll have to make a decision on that.

But Michigan is a very important state. :lol

I love the people of Michigan.” :lol
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/michigan-governor-says-vendors-being-told-not-to-send-stuff-to-her-state-after-trump-bashed-her/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4130 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/michigan-governor-says-vendors-being-told-not-to-send-stuff-to-her-state-after-trump-bashed-her/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4130)

... but he will let Michigan-izers suffer and die to punish MI "young female" governor who won't suck his mythical dick

Dude just lost the state of Michigan this fall. Wow.

The GOP will be destroyed this November, and they will deserve it.

Thread
03-27-2020, 01:58 PM

& it turns out Cuomo has them, but, HE won't distribute them. It's just how all Americans move about in a situation like this. "I'll keep them until we REALLY NEED THEM, but, in the mean time I'll try and procure/SNEAK a few more from somebody else." He wants to feel that security of having a reserve.

It's human.

DMC
03-27-2020, 02:00 PM
& it turns out Cuomo has them, but, HE won't distribute them. It's just how all Americans move about in a situation like this. "I'll keep them until we REALLY NEED THEM, but, in the mean time I'll try and procure/SNEAK a few more from somebody else." He wants to feel that security of having a reserve.

It's human.

I'm guessing he has a fucking shit ton of toilet paper.

leemajors
03-27-2020, 02:33 PM
Repurposing a plant is supposed to be easy and quick.

picnroll
03-27-2020, 02:49 PM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243561301768581120?s=20
Trump fishing for votes in Ohio at the cost of American life’s. When this shithead dies the country should throw a party.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243557418556162050?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1243559373395410957?s=20

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 02:52 PM
Dude just lost the state of Michigan this fall. Wow.

The GOP will be destroyed this November, and they will deserve it.

It was 78K votes total across MI, PA, WI that gave the electoral edge to Trash, and that Pootin/Comey pushed away from Hillary and towards Trash.

I can't find it now, but Trash trails Biden and Bernie in all three states.

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 03:26 PM
It was 78K votes total across MI, PA, WI that gave the electoral edge to Trash, and that Pootin/Comey pushed away from Hillary and towards Trash.

I can't find it now, but Trash trails Biden and Bernie in all three states.

Shitting on Michigan's governor will make for more slam dunk campaign ads. Trumps lawyers are gonna need a lot more cease and desist orders. (yeah, he is trying to stop campaign ads already)

hater
03-27-2020, 03:34 PM
https://twitter.com/richard60313374/status/1243637279798722560?s=21

midnightpulp
03-27-2020, 03:40 PM

maybe time to realize you cant count on "the market" to come through with basic needs when profit motive outweighs all

Trump can force them to basically churn them out via the Defense Production Act, right?

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 03:42 PM
Trump can force them to basically churn them out via the Defense Production Act, right?

He can, but he won't. "war time" president that won't make wartime decisions.

Tone at the top.

The Coronavirus Isn’t Just A Blue State Problem
Detected cases are higher in blue states, but growing faster in red states.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-coronavirus-isnt-just-a-blue-state-problem/

picnroll
03-27-2020, 03:47 PM
Trump the human dildo says yesterday we don’t need all these ventilators and today gets called out by GM for giving incompetent demands so then he enacts the war time act to manufacturer ventilators. Is this some kind of really bad black comedy farce?

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 03:49 PM

he won't do it (except maybe on twitter) because ideologically the govt telling BigCorp what to do is socialism,

but the Repugs support BigCorp telling govt what to do is ok, it's oligarchical Capitalism (and fuck the voters)

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Trash actually signed DPA document, in the last hour or so, to FORCE production of ventilators.

WTF was he waiting for? fuck this deranged piece of shit

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 03:59 PM
Texas news

"otherwise" healthy Texas father dead from covid-19

Texas guy arrested for FB post encouraging others to kill Pelosi and other satanic Dems

so far, no "both sides" news about antifa fomenting murderous violence against Trump and his mafiya

Thread
03-27-2020, 04:15 PM
Texas news

"otherwise" healthy Texas father dead from covid-19

Texas guy arrested for FB post encouraging others to kill Pelosi and other satanic Dems

& yet they didn't arrest Madonna for threatening to blow up the White House with Trump in it.

DMC
03-27-2020, 04:17 PM

Bullshit. If I have the money, the private sector can meet my basic needs. If you're broke, tough shit.

Thread
03-27-2020, 04:17 PM
Trash actually signed DPA document, in the last hour or so, to FORCE production of ventilators.

Oh, I'm sure that will go over like a fart in church at GM. It was going to take them months to voluntarily switch over. Now since they're being forced to switch over it will be take them months.

spurraider21
03-27-2020, 04:18 PM
Bullshit. If I have the money, the private sector can meet my basic needs. If you're broke, tough shit.
and for a civilized society and the wealthiest country on earth, thats fine for non-essentials

DMC
03-27-2020, 04:24 PM
and for a civilized society and the wealthiest country on earth, thats fine for non-essentials

Your doctor/lawyer life combo wasn't on the dollar menu.

spurraider21
03-27-2020, 04:29 PM
Your doctor/lawyer life combo wasn't on the dollar menu.
it's expensive to get there. heavy loans on our backs, big tuition payments that we currently make (in lieu of taking on further loans). but that's not the point. you just want to make things personal, per par

i'm thinking beyond myself. we pay for coverage. doesn't mean we aren't allowed to think its a completely shitty system that fucks over a lot of people, and that healthcare should not be a market item

Spurs Homer
03-27-2020, 05:04 PM

He was PROFITING from making states bid on supplies -

while his handpicked private donors were gouging customers (states) and splitting profits with trump

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1243234732374134786

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 07:27 PM
Epidemiologists forced to adjust pandemic spread models to account for Trump misinformation

, virologists and epidemiologists attempting to predict how badly the coronavirus will spread are

now having to factor in the possibility

it could become worse due to misinformation being shared with the public —

including claims being made by President Donald Trump (https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/27/coronavirus-models-politized-trump/).

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/epidemiologists-forced-to-adjust-pandemic-spread-models-to-account-for-trump-misinformation-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4133

boutons_deux
03-27-2020, 08:53 PM

RandomGuy
03-27-2020, 08:56 PM
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1243234732374134786

wanting so desperately to not be blamed for cratering the economy, he is willing to throw nana into the volcano.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2020, 09:30 PM
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1243234732374134786Sharpie map incoming.

Winehole23
03-27-2020, 10:08 PM
What a new low to have a president trying to kill people in states he doesn't like.A fit of pique could become the policy equivalent of murder. As it stands, Trump's aversion to taking a pandemic seriously will result in mass death in the USA.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/coronavirus/whitmer-feds-told-vendors-not-send-medical-supplies-michigan

hater
03-28-2020, 08:39 AM
:lmao turning to Herpes infested ARod and JLo for coronavirus tips

you just cant make this shit up :lmao

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1243708705557950464?s=20

Winehole23
03-28-2020, 08:53 AM
Obviously, Trump is a careful student of the science and the data.

Spurs Homer
03-28-2020, 09:01 AM
:lmao turning to Herpes infested ARod and JLo for coronavirus tips

you just cant make this shit up :lmao

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1243708705557950464?s=20

nah...it was more like this;

trump: hey arod- remember that party at epsteins pad- with those young girls?
arod: uh...not really....
trump: just checking to see if your boy- you know who- is with the program or how much he needs to stay with the program?

arod... (silence)
trump: well heres the deal- the piggy bank is unlimited - tell him to “stay strong” and as usual - nothing happened- got it?
arod: (click)

RandomGuy
03-28-2020, 09:14 PM
Calling up a baseball player for input.

"war time" president taking crisis super seriously.

RandomGuy
03-28-2020, 09:16 PM
President Moron blathers about quarantine he can't do, and pretends that he changed his mind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/coronavirus-update-president-trump-says-tri-state-area-quarantine-will-not-be-necessary/ar-BB11QN0v?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Winehole23
03-28-2020, 09:23 PM
President Moron blathers about quarantine he can't do, and pretends that he changed his mind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/coronavirus-update-president-trump-says-tri-state-area-quarantine-will-not-be-necessary/ar-BB11QN0v?OCID=ansmsnnews11I'm less sure of that:

Simply put: Fear that venereal disease would reduce military manpower might have been the proximate cause for the creation of legislation that clarified the federal government’s “internal” quarantine authority, but, even at the time, it was expected that this authority would have broader utility. Contemporary observers saw the value of the quarantine authority in cases of novel disease outbreaks that originate overseas but eventually find their way to the United States in contexts unrelated to war.

Today, this same authority is codified as 42 U.S.C. § 264. Here’s how it works:

The statute opens by granting authority to create regulations “to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases” both from abroad and across state lines. 42 USC § 264(a). Next, the statute confirms that these regulations may include authority to seize and detain persons (to quarantine or isolate them) but only in connection with those diseases that may from time to time be expressly made eligible for this purpose via an executive order. 42 USC § 264(b).

The statute then clarifies that such quarantine authority may be applied to persons in only two situations. The first situation concerns anyone entering the country—i.e., border-quarantine authority. There, broad authority is given: Quarantine can be used on anyone entering an American state or possession from a foreign country or another possession. 42 U.S.C. § 264(c).

The second authority is the internal-quarantine authority, and it is narrower. In that case, the regulations can authorize apprehension and testing of a person only if they are reasonably believed to be in a “qualifying state”—meaning they are infected and are at the communicable or at least pre-communicable stage of that infection. In addition, there must also be a reasonable belief that the person is either moving (or about to move) across a state line, or instead that the person might infect others who are so moving (that last clause likely being pretty easy to satisfy in many if not most instances). 42 USC § 264(d).

https://www.lawfareblog.com/quarantine-power-primer-light-coronavirus-situation

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 07:45 AM
I'm less sure of that:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/quarantine-power-primer-light-coronavirus-situation

"reasonably believed" to be sick.

I doubt that President Moron's intent was to just isolate people "reasonably believed" to be sick. I am sure by "quarantine" he meant shutting down all roads out of the states, and keeping ANYBODY from moving around, which he definitely could not do, by any legal analysis I have read/heard.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 07:53 AM
"reasonably believed" to be sick.

I doubt that President Moron's intent was to just isolate people "reasonably believed" to be sick. I am sure by "quarantine" he meant shutting down all roads out of the states, and keeping ANYBODY from moving around, which he definitely could not do, by any legal analysis I have read/heard.i can see that, but who would be able to stop him if he decided to?

Not rhetorical.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 08:49 AM
i can see that, but who would be able to stop him if he decided to?

Not rhetorical.

Congress?

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 08:55 AM
Congress?Not sure if serious

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 08:58 AM
No, Im serious. Doesn't mean I'm terribly bright.:lol

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 08:59 AM
No, Im serious. Doesn't mean I'm terribly bright.:lolother than impeachment, what could Congress do?

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 08:59 AM
I see some foundation being poured for governmental collapse/upheaval.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 09:00 AM
Cant congress overide a Presidential edict?

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 09:02 AM
Turns out they can.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order#Legal_conflicts

Thread
03-29-2020, 09:03 AM
Cant congress overide a Presidential edict?

...gotta get MSM's blessing first.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 09:03 AM
Hat trick.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 09:19 AM
I see some foundation being poured for governmental collapse/upheaval.I'm interested. What do you see changing?

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Turns out they can.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order#Legal_conflictsOnly if Congress can override a veto, it would seem.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 10:16 AM
I'm interested. What do you see changing?
The mechanisms of martial law are being placed....mobilization of military to civilian affairs, the continued alpha behavior of potus and his apparent inability to be wrong, strong arming state governors and, I wouldn't dismiss the posibilty of attempting to postpone the election due to the crisis which appears to be fueled in part by design, arrogance, incompetence or all 3.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 10:18 AM
I'm wrong alot. Hope this is the case now.

boutons_deux
03-29-2020, 10:21 AM
Turns out they can.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order#Legal_conflicts

moot

the Repug Senate trash Trash's trial, they certainly won't vote to overturn Trash's EO's

and if they vote against Trash, Trash's personal defense lawyer anti-Constitutional Unitary Executive Barr would run it to SCOTUS, where oligarchy's politicized 5 whores LOVE to trash stare decisis

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 10:24 AM
The mechanisms of martial law are being placed....mobilization of military to civilian affairs, the continued alpha behavior of potus and his apparent inability to be wrong, strong arming state governors and, I wouldn't dismiss the posibilty of postponing the election due to the crisis which appears to be fueled in part by design, arrogance, incompetence or all 3.Don't states control the timing and execution of elections?

I could see a scenario where DJT convinces red states to postpone elections but blue states don't. DJT would lose the election, but neither he nor red states would acknowledge the legitimacy of the outcome. In that scenario, a MAGA putsch followed by martial law isn't hard to imagine.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2020, 10:28 AM
Don't states control the timing and execution of elections?

I could see a scenario where DJT convinces red states to postpone elections but blue states don't. DJT would lose the election, but neither he nor red states would acknowledge the legitimacy of the outcome. In that scenario, a MAGA putsch followed by martial law isn't hard to imagine.

Sadly, I agree. Hard to believe we can even entertain these scenarios now.

boutons_deux
03-29-2020, 10:45 AM
Don't states control the timing and execution of elections?

Federal elections and swearing in date are defined by the Consititution.

that ugly runt Scalia stopped the FL counting in 2000 because "no time" before 20 Jan.

The asshole ruled that swearing in any Pres on 20 Jan was more important that swearing in the wrong guy.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 10:52 AM
Federal elections and swearing in date are defined by the Consititution.

that ugly runt Scalia stopped the FL counting in 2000 because "no time" before 20 Jan.

The asshole ruled that swearing in any Pres 20 was more important the swearing the wrong guy.You're right about the timing of federal elections of course, but what I meant was that DJT has no power AFAIK to call elections off.

There would have to be something on the order of insurrection, military invasion, or the pervasive collapse of civil authority in the states to predicate martial law and the cancellation of elections.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 10:56 AM
(Even during the Civil War, elections weren't cancelled.)

ChumpDumper
03-29-2020, 01:25 PM

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 02:46 PM
I'm wrong alot. Hope this is the case now.

You aren't.

The possibility of such things has always been non-zero, but given the increasingly authoritarian arc of what he has done, that needle has moved appreciably. Remote, but... disturbingly plausible.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 02:48 PM
You're right about the timing of federal elections of course, but what I meant was that DJT has no power AFAIK to call elections off.

There would have to be something on the order of insurrection, military invasion, or the pervasive collapse of civil authority in the states to predicate martial law and the cancellation of elections.

The thing is, I remember seeing somewhere that if the election is delayed... the Speaker automatically assumes office of president. This is the only reason I would doubt the election would be put off, even by Trump.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 02:54 PM
Trump demands appreciation from governors for coronavirus response

WASHINGTON — President Trump used his daily coronavirus briefing to attack Democratic governors who in his estimation had shown insufficient gratitude for his administration’s response to the pandemic.

“I want them to be appreciative,” Trump said, arguing that failing to show appreciation was insulting not just to him but to the Army Corps of Engineers, which has been part of the federal response to the pandemic.

The president said he has told Vice President Mike Pence not to call governors who haven’t shown proper deference to his administration. “They don’t treat you right, I don’t call,” Trump said, in a recurrence of his characteristic sensitivity to slights that he has recently been holding in check. He has, for example, been quick to praise Gavin Newsom of California and Andrew Cuomo of New York, invariably pointing out that they have in turn praised him.

Trump singled out two governors for scorn: Jay Inslee of Washington state, where the virus first gained a foothold in the United States, and Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan, a state which has recently seen an increase of coronavirus infections, especially in the vicinity of Detroit.
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-demands-appreciation-from-governors-for-coronavirus-response-233142697.html

... keep attacking the governor of a state asking for help in a disaster...

Michigan vote totals, 2016

Republican Donald Trump Mike Pence 2,279,543 47.50%
Democratic Hillary Clinton Tim Kaine 2,268,839 47.27%

10,704 vote differential. about 0.2% of total votes cast.

Thread
03-29-2020, 02:55 PM
The thing is, I remember seeing somewhere that if the election is delayed... the Speaker automatically assumes office of president. This is the only reason I would doubt the election would be put off, even by Trump.

He doesn't want to put it off, but, he does want to keep Cuomo out of it & Sanders in it for as long as possible.

Sanders is the immediate key...he has to remain fast in the ranks, gumming up the works, delaying the inevitable with fervent hopes THAT ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN:::Biden suffers a mental breakdown. Biden suffers a stroke. Biden suffers a coronary. Biden suffers Corona...then Sanders can claim the spot...provided he ain't got Cuomo up his ass because Corona quit.

Cuomo is ruled by Corona. He can't speak of Presidential aspirations as long as Corona is murdering & maiming Americans. He can act Presidential as he does at Presser, but, he can't speak the words.

Thread
03-29-2020, 02:58 PM
Trump demands appreciation from governors for coronavirus response

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-demands-appreciation-from-governors-for-coronavirus-response-233142697.html

... keep attacking the governor of a state asking for help in a disaster...

Michigan vote totals, 2016

Republican Donald Trump Mike Pence 2,279,543 47.50%
Democratic Hillary Clinton Tim Kaine 2,268,839 47.27%

10,704 vote differential. about 0.2% of total votes cast.

+ Stein took more votes than Trump's margin there!

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 02:59 PM
He doesn't want to put it off, but, he does want to keep Cuomo out of it & Sanders in it for as long as possible.

Sanders is the immediate key...he has to remain fast in the ranks, gumming up the works, delaying the inevitable with fervent hopes THAT ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN:::Biden suffers a mental breakdown. Biden suffers a stroke. Biden suffers a coronary. Biden suffers Corona...then Sanders can claim the spot...provided he ain't got Cuomo up his ass because Corona quit.

Cuomo is ruled by Corona. He can't speak of Presidential aspirations as long as Corona is murdering & maiming Americans. He can act Presidential as he does at Presser, but, he can't speak the words.

Cuomo is scoring major presidential points, looking more presidential than Trump at every turn. Biden or Sanders will be too old to run in 2024.

Thread
03-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Cuomo is scoring major presidential points, looking more presidential than Trump at every turn. Biden or Sanders will be too old to run in 2024.

But Cuomo is ruled by Corona, more so than even Trump. Cuomo is trapped. Trump is just cornered.

hater
03-29-2020, 03:23 PM

Orangegutan

between calls to Arod and Jlo and worrying about Megan Markle, does he have time for the virus handling? :lmao

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244338645198352386?s=20

this fat fuck has finally lost his damn mind :lol

hater
03-29-2020, 03:27 PM
https://twitter.com/judgeyourself99/status/1244340560971907074?s=20

Thread
03-29-2020, 03:28 PM
Never grows old:::

https://i.rocdn.com/v2/87434902?w=1024&h=1024

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 03:29 PM

Orangegutan

between calls to Arod and Jlo and worrying about Megan Markle, does he have time for the virus handling? :lmao

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1244338645198352386?s=20

this fat fuck has finally lost his damn mind :lol

wow....

I guess we know what he is spending his time on. It isn't his fucking job, that's for sure.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 03:31 PM
But Cuomo is ruled by Corona, more so than even Trump. Cuomo is trapped. Trump is just cornered.

Trump is fucking up, continually, in just about every way possible. Attacking the Michigan governor... that is pretty much par for the course. Demanding people kiss his ass to get help in the middle of a disaster like this, will make for some slam dunk campaign ads.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 03:35 PM
The thing is, I remember seeing somewhere that if the election is delayed... the Speaker automatically assumes office of president. This is the only reason I would doubt the election would be put off, even by Trump.Ah, good point.

Easily solved, though. Get rid of the Speaker of the House. The MAGA army would happy to do it for the great man. Smooth sailing after that.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 03:36 PM
Trump is fucking up, continually, in just about every way possible. Attacking the Michigan governor... that is pretty much par for the course. Demanding people kiss his ass to get help in the middle of a disaster like this, will make for some slam dunk campaign ads.Thread has a point about Cuomo. He dithered, and NYC is paying the price.

I have yet to meet a NYer who has nice things to say about Andrew Cuomo, have you met any?

Splits
03-29-2020, 03:37 PM
Ah, good point.

Easily solved, though. Get rid of the Speaker of the House. The MAGA army would happy to do it for the great man. Smooth sailing after that.

Can Trump cancel the November election?

No. (https://www.vox.com/2020/3/21/21188152/trump-cancel-november-election-constitution-coronavirus)

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/21/21188152/trump-cancel-november-election-constitution-coronavirus

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 03:52 PM
[/URL]

[URL]https://www.vox.com/2020/3/21/21188152/trump-cancel-november-election-constitution-coronavirus (https://www.vox.com/2020/3/21/21188152/trump-cancel-november-election-constitution-coronavirus)Good article, thanks.

This stood out:

A more realistic threat, as the Nation’s Elie Mystal writes, is that state officials could use the extraordinary powers available to them during a major public health crisis to manipulate who is able to cast a ballot. It’s not hard to imagine a circumstance, for example, where the heavily Democratic counties of Miami-Dade and Broward, in Florida, are placed under a “shelter in place” order on Election Day, while residents of Republican counties in the panhandle are free to head to the polls.

Thread
03-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Trump is fucking up, continually, in just about every way possible. Attacking the Michigan governor... that is pretty much par for the course. Demanding people kiss his ass to get help in the middle of a disaster like this, will make for some slam dunk campaign ads.

"Be appreciative," that is what he said.

But, we all understand what is happening. They're appreciative to others, but, hold their vitriol & hatred for him.

It's all political (either side of the $2.3 trillion) at a couple hundred dead a day. We'll see if the politics hold at a thousand a day.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 09:53 PM

But, we all understand what is happening. They're appreciative to others, but, hold their vitriol & hatred for him.

It's all political (either side of the $2.3 trillion) at a couple hundred dead a day. We'll see if the politics hold at a thousand a day.

Governor was told by vendors that they were instructed not to return her calls.

Tone at the top.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 11:21 PM
Fish rots from the head down, as they say.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 08:50 AM
Good article, thanks.

This stood out:

A more realistic threat, as the Nation’s Elie Mystal writes, is that state officials could use the extraordinary powers available to them during a major public health crisis to manipulate who is able to cast a ballot. It’s not hard to imagine a circumstance, for example, where the heavily Democratic counties of Miami-Dade and Broward, in Florida, are placed under a “shelter in place” order on Election Day, while residents of Republican counties in the panhandle are free to head to the polls

I wish I could say that action was beyond what the Republican-Trump party would do. It is disturbingly plausible.

Thread
03-30-2020, 09:03 AM
Fish rots from the head down, as they say.

Every fox smells it's own hole, Winester.

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 10:48 AM
Trump ignored advice to tell country the coronavirus pandemic was ‘bad and could get very worse’ in early March

Donald Trump was advised in early March to warn the public things were about to get worse and chose to ignore that advice.

The report notes that the final realization about the dangerous spread of COVID-19 preceded the president’s rare prime time address to the nation.

one White House adviser stated at the time, “If tonight isn’t Trump saying, ‘This is bad and could get very worse, you need to take every precaution necessary,’ then he can kiss a second term goodbye.”

“Instead, the president, in hastily arranged remarks, said

he was barring all travel from Europe and

promised that health insurers had agreed to cover all coronavirus treatments.

Investors panicked — would necessary cargo still be allowed to come into the U.S.?

Insurers were taken aback — they had only agreed to cover coronavirus tests, not all treatment.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-ignored-advice-to-tell-country-the-coronavirus-pandemic-was-bad-and-could-get-very-worse-in-early-march-report/ (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-ignored-advice-to-tell-country-the-coronavirus-pandemic-was-bad-and-could-get-very-worse-in-early-march-report/)

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 10:52 AM
Unmasking the Truth: CDC and Hospital Administrators Are Endangering Us All

"The Coronavirus, or COVID-19, is known to be airborne.

China, Italy, and South Korea know it.

The World Health Organization knows it.

Studies conducted in America have shown it can be airborne for up to 3 hours.

Our CDC knew it was airborne when it first started to be addressed in our country as

they listed it as such on their website.

Within 24 hours, they had downgraded their precaution guidelines from airborne to droplet,

to reflect the paltry supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) available for healthcare workers."

In response to this mockery of science and our public humiliation to the world,

our hospitals quickly downgraded the protection available for workers that were knowingly being exposed to Covid-19 positive patients.

With no shame, a few days later the CDC amended their recommendations to now also include bandanas or scarves as a last resort option for protection.

Other countries are having their healthcare employees suit up in full Hazmat gear,

and our expert infectious disease government organization is offering the recommendation of a bandana.

The street cleaners in China are far, far better protected in their PPE

than what is being offered to some of the brightest minds in America that are being directly exposed to this virus daily.

https://medium.com/@CynicalXennial/unmasking-the-truth-cdc-and-hospital-administrators-are-endangering-us-all-b601012f81be (https://medium.com/@CynicalXennial/unmasking-the-truth-cdc-and-hospital-administrators-are-endangering-us-all-b601012f81be)

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 12:53 PM
This was just reported by Guy Gordon, WJR Radio, (with sources) on Facebook. Detroiters know Guy from his 30+ years of unbiased reporting in the metro Detroit market. This is a long read, but worth it:

"On Friday, the President insinuated General Motors was acting un-patriotically, and was attempting to profiteer from the shortage of life-sustaining ventilators. He invoked the Defense Production Act, ordering them to produce the ventilators. But GM was already far ahead of any other company in moving forward and had in fact made the commitment to produce the ventilators “at cost” with Ventec, a leading ventilator provider.

Here are the facts:

Wednesday 3/18: GM Chairperson Mary Barra reaches out to White House Chief Economic Advisor Larry Kudlow and offers GM’s manufacturing and engineering capacity to fulfill the need for medical supplies. (Source: Axios, GM and White House)

Friday 3/20 GM and Ventec, a ventilator manufacturer from the Seattle area, announce they are undertaking a feasibility project to determine whether they can jointly initiate rapidly expanded production. (GM and Ventec joint release)

By Monday 3/23 GM and Ventec not only prove feasibility, but designate GM’s former electronics facility in Kokomo, Ind. as the “clean” facility for production. The UAW is asked to begin recruiting volunteers. It’s a labor intensive project and may need as many as 1,000 workers. GM’s purchasing chief informs Barra he has commitments from nearly all the suppliers needed for 700 components. He is confident the remaining 37 components can be sourced. (GM, Axios and Reuters)

Tuesday 3/24 Axios and Reuters report GM’s incredible progress. Ventec is told to anticipate an announcement from the White House about the impending contract. Ventec is ready to go but has still not received direction from the feds on how many ventilators it is ordering, making cost quotes per unit more difficult to estimate.

Wednesday 3/25 Without explanation the White House cancels the announcement and Ventec is told there will be no contract. Late that evening Ventec and GM agree to move forward anyway. GM agrees to help clear Ventec’s 20,000 unit back-order at cost. Essentially they agree to build a decade’s worth of ventilators in less than 2 months.

Thursday 3/26. NYT reports White House balks because they are trying to decide between different vendors who they believe can offer lower cost options. Ventec and GM prepare to announce their formal production agreement on Friday.

Friday 3/27 President threatens in 2 tweets to invoke “P” (Defense Production Act) against GM. Suggests they should build ventilators at Lordstown, a plant the White House knows GM no longer owns. They are also aware a much more practical electronics plant was chosen for production. He also insults Mary Barra who made the initial offer with prompting from no one.
Within 90 minutes, Ventec and GM announce their plans for production. They have hired 1,000 workers, a full shift, and have the sourcing to make 200,000 ventilators. They have printed training manuals and intend to start training in the new work week. All of these plans and progress occur well before any implied or actual threat from President Trump.

Friday Evening: The President announces he is invoking the Defense Production Act. It will not get things built any faster, but does eliminate the red tape normally associated with government contracting.

His new procurement czar Peter Navarro suggests many “patriotic” companies had come forward, but they hit a roadblock with GM. The President says, “we won’t pay double or triple for ventilators.” Yet GM and Ventec were producing them at cost. Throughout the briefing it’s implied they had difficult discussions with GM. In fact, Ventec is the primary contractor and handled all interaction beyond Barra’s original offer. When asked in opening Q and A whether cost and profit were a factor, the President was very candid. He doesn’t like GM.

President: “It got to be a debate over cost. We don’t want to think too much about cost when we’re talking about this. This is not about cost. I WASN’T HAPPY WHERE GENERAL MOTORS BUILT PLANTS IN OTHER LOCATIONS (MEXICO) OVER THE YEARS. ….. AND SO I DIDN’T GO INTO IT WITH A VERY FAVORABLE VIEW. I WAS EXTREMELY UNHAPPY WITH LORDSTOWN OHIO. THEY LEFT LORDSTOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF AN AUTO BOOM (in fact, sales of sedans produced at Lordstown were crashing). BECAUSE WE HAD 17 CAR COMPANIES COMING IN (?) AND THEN THEY WERE LEAVING ONE PLANT IN OHIO. I LOVE OHIO AND WHAT HAPPENS, THAT BECAME THE STORY.

AND FRANKLY I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO BUILD THE VENTILATORS. AND WE’LL SEE, WE’LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

SO I WASN’T TOO THRILLED.

“And then we thought we had a deal for 40,000 ventilators and then it became 6 and price became a big object. But Peter is getting involved… maybe they’ll change their tune.”

Sadly, the tune has always been the same. GM offered to help and in less than 10 days moved heaven and earth to find a location, hire a workforce, source a 700-part piece of technology, spec it out for suppliers and set employee training in motion. All of this to be delivered at cost, a cost that could have been pinned down better had the Government instructed how many they needed.
Maximum production for Ventec is 200 ventilators per month. GM was offering to build 100 times that many in a matter of a few months… needing less than a month for re-tooling and training. That is nothing short of incredible. Their thanks was a politically motivated shaming in a nationally televised White House briefing. GM was patriotic. GM was All-American. They will not profit. In fact, they may lose business because of the President’s diatribe. I wonder how many other companies are re-thinking their willingness to step up as a result.
But on Monday, GM will start making masks in Warren and begin training in Kokomo." (Guy Gordon, WJR Radio)
------------------------------------------------------

monosylab1k
03-30-2020, 01:40 PM

Remember when Red Team got pissed off at Christie for being appreciative after Hurricane Sandy? Now suddenly appreciation is needed? What changed?

Thread
03-30-2020, 01:42 PM
Remember when Red Team got pissed off at Christie for being appreciative after Hurricane Sandy? Now suddenly appreciation is needed? What changed?

Because Christie was a rat, mono. He portended to be on our shoulder with his shoulder, shoulder-to-shoulder, but, he couldn't stand the gaffe,,,then when we won he wanted back in. No.

You dance with who brung you.
You go home with who brung you.

The old man brung usPERIOD

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 01:51 PM

when Christie hugged Obama about his help with Sandy? yeah, the rightwingnutjobs don't like no knitter hugging

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:02 PM
when Christie hugged Obama about his help with Sandy? yeah, the rightwingnutjobs don't like no knitter hugging

Let us face it, Christie thought the old man was going to lose & he turned his back on him, started to step away.

Me, at the time? I felt bad when he did that and THEN came sidling back, tail tucked. Me? I'm a softy I'd a taken him back and folded him into my arms. I'm like that. + selfishly I figure, "He won't ever do that again because I gave him back his place. Now, NOW he'll be loyal ever more." But, that me. Most people are like the old man. "Fucked me. Out!"

Shit, I'd a taken the Mooch back for cryin' out loud. Hell, I'd still take him back this afternoon.

That's why if I were the old man I'd a forgiven that hot little chickie that was escorting everybody around the Tower back in '16, then had that desk right outside the Oval. Then MSM pulled her panties down and got her to gossip about the Trumps kids.

Fine, chew her ass out, give her a last chance. She'd a been forever sorry and loyal. Least ways that's how I look at it.

Christie screwed up & it's a shame because he hung in there almost all the way. He'd a been set. Fuck!!!

ADDENDUM:::Now CNN/MSM own Christie. He sits on their dais once-in-awhile with that deer in the headlights look, sweating a little (like he always did---but it was okay when he was sweating next to Trump) you understand? Now, it's gross, and I feel sorry. I change the channel immediately. I don't want to see it.

& I feel bad for that little girl. Having the job of a lifetime in a lifetime of chance. Having to go back home and explain to mother & father what the fuck happened. It's a nightmare. Fucking Media isolated her and ruined her just to spite the old man. Had nothing to do with her, really, just Him. Ugh.

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 02:04 PM
Trump’s attacks on GM have ‘unnerved’ companies —

and now they’re less willing to help with pandemic response

President Donald Trump’s decision to attack General Motors last week reportedly “stunned” executives in the company —

and has now made other companies wary of taking on projects to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.

“Mr. Trump’s Twitter posts appear to have unnerved other corporate leaders,” the Times reports.

“A person familiar with the Stop the Spread campaign said that

several corporate executives who had been willing to contribute to the effort earlier

had backed away for fear of ending up becoming targets for Mr. Trump.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trumps-attacks-on-gm-have-unnerved-companies-and-now-theyre-less-willing-to-help-with-pandemic-response/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4145&recip_id=298460&list_id=1 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trumps-attacks-on-gm-have-unnerved-companies-and-now-theyre-less-willing-to-help-with-pandemic-response/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4145&recip_id=298460&list_id=1)

Fuck Trash and fuck all Trash's voters

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:09 PM
Trump’s attacks on GM have ‘unnerved’ companies — and now they’re less willing to help with pandemic response

President Donald Trump’s decision to attack General Motors last week reportedly “stunned” executives in the company —

and has now made other companies wary of taking on projects to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.

“Mr. Trump’s Twitter posts appear to have unnerved other corporate leaders,” the Times reports.

several corporate executives who had been willing to contribute to the effort earlier

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trumps-attacks-on-gm-have-unnerved-companies-and-now-theyre-less-willing-to-help-with-pandemic-response/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4145&recip_id=298460&list_id=1 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trumps-attacks-on-gm-have-unnerved-companies-and-now-theyre-less-willing-to-help-with-pandemic-response/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4145&recip_id=298460&list_id=1)

He tried mightily to get them to volunteer up & many wouldn't, so, he had to go to the whip.

"Let us proceed..." - the old man

Spurs Homer
03-30-2020, 02:36 PM
Trump’s attacks on GM have ‘unnerved’ companies —

and now they’re less willing to help with pandemic response

Fuck all those pussies -

Id tell trump to his face - in public - if possible -

to go fuck himself and resign immediately -

why the fuck would any person be scared of that piece of shit?

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:37 PM
Fuck all those pussies -

Id tell trump to his face - in public - if possible -

to go fuck himself and resign immediately -

why the fuck would any person be scared of that piece of shit?

...because you'd have to go thru me first, Homer.

I'm old, but, I'm old.

clambake
03-30-2020, 02:38 PM
dale, your level of stupidity is mind-blowing.

you

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:40 PM
dale, your level of stupidity is mind-blowing.

you

Gee, thanks clammy.

clambake
03-30-2020, 02:43 PM
at least trump isn't that stupid, proven by his supporters

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 06:46 PM
https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/comp-1585582154.png?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=964%2C542&ssl=1

DID YOU SEE MY RATINGS?!!

TSA AWOL. It's almost as if he knows how bad it is.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 06:51 PM
He tried mightily to get them to volunteer up & many wouldn't, so, he had to go to the whip.

"Let us proceed..." - the old man

He didn't. That was kinda the point.

But hey, this is your claim.

Proof or "Trying mightily"? Be specific.

Spurs Homer
03-30-2020, 07:14 PM
https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/comp-1585582154.png?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=964%2C542&ssl=1

TSA (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7640) AWOL. It's almost as if he knows how bad it is.

Nah -

he will come back when an obscure FISA court memo comes out and spike the football again and praise Carter Page!

Thread
03-30-2020, 07:55 PM
He didn't. That was kinda the point.

But hey, this is your claim.

Proof or "Trying mightily"? Be specific.

Fine, but, don't toss me back with the sodomites & your Ignore List, gd it.

I don't do proof, you know this. I don't do links either, you know this, right? Right.

I saw & heard him say it. He wanted them (and tried mightily) to do it voluntarily so he didn't have to command it & make everyone uncomfortable & have it grudged. And a lot agreed, and he thought he had a deal with GM, but, it got fucked up and he got pissed and just ordered them to do it.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 09:35 PM
Fine, but, don't toss me back with the sodomites & your Ignore List, gd it.

I don't do proof, you know this. I don't do links either, you know this, right? Right.

I saw & heard him say it. He wanted them (and tried mightily) to do it voluntarily so he didn't have to command it & make everyone uncomfortable & have it grudged. And a lot agreed, and he thought he had a deal with GM, but, it got fucked up and he got pissed and just ordered them to do it.

So, he didn't try mightily. Those who are familiar with it, say he didn't do anything. GM moved mountains to get ready to ramp put, and then got blindsided.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 09:49 PM
Nah -

he will come back when an obscure FISA court memo comes out and spike the football again and praise Carter Page!

Now the new bungling is suggesting the nurses are stealing masks. He can't understand how they are using so many masks, and saying nurses are stealing them. Wow. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

What is funny is that even Fox "news" know that Trump is sounding like a fucking idiot, and they are semen shielding when he goes off the rails. They had to cut Trumps audio when he went off about ratings, to make him seem less like an idiot.

Watch this, you too, TSA :

https://youtu.be/dWIKBYYMc2M

pgardn
03-30-2020, 10:17 PM
Now the new bungling is suggesting the nurses are stealing masks. He can't understand how they are using so many masks, and saying nurses are stealing them. Wow. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

What is funny is that even Fox "news" know that Trump is sounding like a fucking idiot, and they are semen shielding when he goes off the rails. They had to cut Trumps audio when he went off about ratings, to make him seem less like an idiot.

Watch this, you too, TSA (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7640) :

https://youtu.be/dWIKBYYMc2M

Thats funny.
I saw the transcript.

He was indeed talking about how his ratings are better than MNF and the Bachelor. (I was not surprised when I read about, he still thinks its all about him)
I Dont regularly watch the entertainment news channels so this is basic for the red channel I guess.
Does this guy do any for CNN?

I know Thread likes to get his heart started and blood boiling watching CNN, maybe he could put some of it up.

Thread
03-30-2020, 11:16 PM
So, he didn't try mightily. Those who are familiar with it, say he didn't do anything. GM moved mountains to get ready to ramp put, and then got blindsided.

No, he did try mightily.

RandomGuy
03-31-2020, 12:18 AM
No, he did try mightily.

I asked you for specific actions. You could not name any. Name something specific that he did.

or fold.

RandomGuy
03-31-2020, 12:22 AM
Administration is bunglefucking the supply chain.

Federal government is outbidding states consistently for PPE, needed to do testing.

2020 Daily Trail Markers: Rural governors tell Trump they're struggling to get supplies
Several rural-state governors alerted President Trump on Monday that they are struggling to obtain urgently needed medical supplies and testing equipment, warning that despite the worsening coronavirus situation in New York and other urban areas, more sparsely populated parts of the country need help, too. In response to requests for more testing kits, Mr. Trump said, "I haven't heard about testing in weeks," according to an audio recording of the call between the president and governors obtained by CBS News political correspondent Ed O'Keefe.

During the call, Democratic and Republican governors detailed how they are struggling to obtain the protective equipment doctors and nurses will need to treat the sick and the test kits needed to determine whether sick residents are suffering from COVID-19. "We understand the challenges in New York. I have family in New York," Wyoming Republican Governor Mark Gordon told the president. But, he told Mr. Trump, "I think a little bit of supply going our way could get us better prepared going forward." Mr. Trump replied, "Good point…Thank you very much, Mark. If you have a problem, call me. I'll get you what you need."

Montana Democratic Governor Steve Bullock noted that delays in testing state residents could soon overwhelm hospitals in rural population centers and griped that his buying power has been repeatedly "trumped" by the federal government, a far larger customer for supplies and equipment. "I could give four or five examples over the last week where we have supply orders and they've subsequently been cancelled and they're cancelled in part because what our suppliers are saying is that federal resources are requesting it and trumping that," Bullock said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/2020-daily-trail-markers-rural-governors-tell-trump-theyre-struggling-to-get-supplies/

RandomGuy
03-31-2020, 12:26 AM
Manufacturers Seek U.S. Help in Deciding Where to Ship Scarce Medical Goods

WASHINGTON—Producers and distributors of medical supplies across the country are raising red flags about what they say is a lack of guidance from the federal government about where to send their products, as hospitals compete for desperately needed masks and ventilators to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The issue is taking on greater urgency as supplies run short in hard-hit regions. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, for example, said the city could run out of supplies after a week, saying in a CNN interview...

---------------
https://www.wsj.com/articles/manufacturers-seek-u-s-help-in-deciding-where-to-ship-scarce-medical-goods-11585474201

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 08:22 AM
Illinois governor says feds sent wrong type of protective medical masks

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/politics/illinois-governor-wrong-masks-ppe/index.html

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 08:26 AM
Does Trash know the equipment is not needed in USA now, or in the near future?

Of course not.

Trump Is Shipping $100 Million In Medical Equipment Out Of The Country

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03/30/trump-is-shipping-100-million-in-medical-equipment-out-of-the-country.html

So what's Trash's political transaction here?

dumping on Italy so he can buy more from his BigDonor?

RandomGuy
03-31-2020, 09:14 AM
The U.S. is preparing for a medical supply airlift of unprecedented scale

The first aircraft in a series of flights scheduled by the White House over the next 30 days arrived in New York from Shanghai on Sunday morning, bringing with it 12 million gloves, 130,000 N95 masks, 17.6 surgical masks, 50,000 gowns, 130,000 hand sanitizer units, and 36,000 thermometers, all of which will be distributed throughout the New York tri-state area. A non-government distributor had actually already bought the supplies and planned to sell them in New York, but they'd normally arrive on ships. A sea voyage would've taken over a month, so the government is expediting the process by air. Going forward, the U.S. has 22 similar flights coming in over the next two weeks that will distribute supplies to different parts of the country, per Axios.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-preparing-medical-supply-airlift-170100711.html

Hopefully this will make a dent. Doesn't seem like enough masks though.

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 09:32 AM

Netherlands recalling 100Ks of Chinese masks as not meeting NL standards.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/netherlands-recalls-defective-masks-imported-china-200329141715106.html

Spurs Homer
03-31-2020, 10:27 AM
Finally - someone is waking up to this incompetent criminals actions -but 3 years too late - as we get “puerto ricoed”

boston globe: “trump has blood on his hands and this november- there MUST be a reckoning!”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/30/opinion/president-unfit-pandemic/

Thread
03-31-2020, 10:50 AM
Finally - someone is waking up to this incompetent criminals actions -but 3 years too late - as we get “puerto ricoed”

boston globe: “trump has blood on his hands and this november- there MUST be a reckoning!”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/30/opinion/president-unfit-pandemic/

Please. They've been up his ass since he left Hillary Clinton where he found her.

Spurs Homer
03-31-2020, 10:59 AM
Please. They've been up his ass since he left Hillary Clinton where he found her.

Article is 100% factual.

no ifs, ands, or buts...

Thread
03-31-2020, 11:01 AM
Article is 100% factual.

no ifs, ands, or buts...

It's a political hit piece, been handing 'em out since He kicked her ass up so high she uses it as a hump.

Spurs Homer
03-31-2020, 11:12 AM
It's a political hit piece, been handing 'em out since He kicked her ass up so high she uses it as a hump.

100% factual.

Thread
03-31-2020, 11:14 AM
100% factual.

Just sour grapes because He whooped the dog shit outta Hillary Clinton.

Bill_Brasky
03-31-2020, 12:17 PM
Just think, if Obama was still president instead of trump we'd all be watching basketball right now and eagerly awaiting the Masters.

My favorite time of year.

Instead, fucktard ignored the crisis and we had to cancel everything. Great going fucktards.

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2020, 12:20 PM

100 million N95 masks got used up out of the US emergency stockpile with the swine flu and never got reordered.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 12:30 PM
The talking point that's going to be hit hard is Dennison was too distracted by impeachment to be a competent leader.

Thread
03-31-2020, 12:50 PM
Just think, if Obama was still president instead of trump we'd all be watching basketball right now and eagerly awaiting the Masters.

Instead, fucktard ignored the crisis and we had to cancel everything. Great going fucktards.

& Obama would make it a black/white thing like he always did when it got rough...reached for that race card again & again, after swearing up & down that he wouldn't.

Thread
03-31-2020, 12:52 PM
The talking point that's going to be hit hard is Dennison was too distracted by impeachment to be a competent leader.

& if it ain't that it'll be something else, and if it ain't something else it'll be something else.

Sour grapesPERIOD

Bill_Brasky
03-31-2020, 12:54 PM
& Obama would make it a black/white thing like he always did when it got rough...reached for that race card again & again, after swearing up & down that he wouldn't.

Fuck you. I wanna watch �� defend his jacket. Fuck trump and his dumb faggot supporters.

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2020, 12:54 PM
100 million N95 masks got used up out of the US emergency stockpile with the swine flu and never got reordered.

plenty of blame to go around. Swine Flu was 2009.

Thread
03-31-2020, 12:55 PM
Fuck you. I wanna watch �� defend his jacket. Fuck trump and his dumb faggot supporters.

You wouldn't like it, I'd just lay there & moan.

Brasky!!! Sweetheart!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 12:55 PM

Trash had 3 years to correct any deficiencies, that he could also have hit Obama with.

Trash did nothing AND made everything worse.

Winehole23
03-31-2020, 12:56 PM
The talking point that's going to be hit hard is Dennison was too distracted by impeachment to be a competent leader.lol

Trump was acquitted on Feb. 5, emergency COVID-19 declaration was made on March 13.

Thread
03-31-2020, 12:56 PM
plenty of blame to go around. Swine Flu was 2009.

Obama's watch.

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2020, 01:02 PM
Obama's watch.

I can't blame everything on the President. He probably assumed the people in charge of that stuff had reordered. If they requested funds to resupply masks and Congress didn't appropriate the funds, that's another story.

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 01:08 PM
When Trash was presented by the pandemic team's list of grave preparedness deficiencies based on their decades long exercises, simulation of pandemic response, Trash disbanded the effort AND ignored their report.

A couple months later, covid-19 arrives, and STILL Trash did nothing for six weeks, instead mislead his cult mob into a death cult mentality.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 01:09 PM
plenty of blame to go around. Swine Flu was 2009.It's 2020.

Trump has been president since 2017.

The buck stops with him.

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 01:20 PM
So how did Obama and his team botch the 2009 swine flu? blame them for what, EXACTLY

the bullshit lie of both sidesism is all you Repugs have as "defense" of your boy Trash

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2020, 01:27 PM
So how did Obama and his team botch the 2009 swine flu? blame them for what, EXACTLY

fuck off boukaki. I didn't blame Obama. that's as stupid as blaming Trump for Covid19. Congress appropriates funds for purchases like that.

I can't blame everything on the President. He probably assumed the people in charge of that stuff had reordered. If they requested funds to resupply masks and Congress didn't appropriate the funds, that's another story.

Winehole23
03-31-2020, 01:34 PM
This Ryan Cooper article slams Cuomo, praises Inslee.

https://theweek.com/articles-amp/905612/washington-gov-jay-inslee-what-real-coronavirus-leadership-looks-like

Thread
03-31-2020, 01:35 PM

the bullshit lie of both sidesism is all you Repugs have as "defense" of your boy Trash

It was good enough for you, it's good enough for us.

You can dish it. You just can't take it.

Thread
03-31-2020, 01:36 PM
This Ryan Cooper article slams Cuomo, praises Inslee.

https://theweek.com/articles-amp/905612/washington-gov-jay-inslee-what-real-coronavirus-leadership-looks-like

Cuomo has over 1200 dead Americans on his ledger. Sugar coating it every morning with a Give-a-Show Projector presentation doesn't change that 1200+ dead count.

Thread
03-31-2020, 01:40 PM
fuck off boukaki. I didn't blame Obama. that's as stupid as blaming Trump for Covid19. Congress appropriates funds for purchases like that.

C'mon, CC, let's wait for bouts in your truck tonite. We'll play 2 handed Canasta & eat pistachios. We'll settle his fuckin' hash then finish our game & pistachios, then watch the homeless rut.

We'll have a grand time!

Splits
03-31-2020, 01:55 PM
Cuomo has over 1200 dead Americans on his ledger. Sugar coating it every morning with a Give-a-Show Projector presentation doesn't change that 1200+ dead count.

Oh it's just burning you up how good my Cuomo is giving it to ya on a daily basis

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 02:22 PM
A Pandemic Expert Tells Us Why She Was So Wrong About Coronavirus

'I just assumed that the US system would be a little bit better...and I just couldn't have been more wrong.'

Theresa MacPhail, a medical anthropologist, Assistant Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology, and author of the book The Viral Network: A Pathology of the H1N1 Influenza Pandemic.

In late February, she spoke optimistically with me about America’s ability to handle the coming Covid-19 outbreak (https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7j4nb/what-a-pandemic-in-america-might-look-like). In early March, she got sick with what she believes to be Covid-19.

She reached out to me recently, insisting to go on the record again to say that

she was wrong, and that

she put too much faith in the CDC and America’s ability to manage the crisis.

I feel guilty. I feel like I should have known better.

assumed that the US system would be a little bit better,

would be a little bit more robust and

do more testing and containment

than China was able to do, and

I just couldn't have been more wrong.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v748x4/a-pandemic-expert-tells-us-why-she-was-so-wrong-about-coronavirus?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=curated_vice_daily_1023202

only 100K dead? Trash will be triumphant! :lol

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 02:26 PM
A Pandemic Expert Tells Us Why She Was So Wrong About Coronavirus

'I just assumed that the US system would be a little bit better...and I just couldn't have been more wrong.'

Theresa MacPhail, a medical anthropologist, Assistant Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology, and author of the book The Viral Network: A Pathology of the H1N1 Influenza Pandemic.

In late February, she spoke optimistically with me about America’s ability to handle the coming Covid-19 outbreak (https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/n7j4nb/what-a-pandemic-in-america-might-look-like). In early March, she got sick with what she believes to be Covid-19.

She reached out to me recently, insisting to go on the record again to say that

she was wrong, and that

she put too much faith in the CDC and America’s ability to manage the crisis.

I feel guilty. I feel like I should have known better.

assumed that the US system would be a little bit better,

would be a little bit more robust and

do more testing and containment

than China was able to do, and

I just couldn't have been more wrong.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v748x4/a-pandemic-expert-tells-us-why-she-was-so-wrong-about-coronavirus?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=curated_vice_daily_1023202

only 100K dead? Trash will be triumphant! :lolI was wrong to believe people in the leadership of this administration would actually give a shit and start acting like adults at some point. It's been all politics and magical thinking.

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 02:32 PM
I was wrong to believe people in the leadership of this administration would actually give a shit and start acting like adults at some point. It's been all politics and magical thinking.

It's decades-old strategy, first announced by St Ronnie the Diseased

"Govt isn't the solution. Govt is the problem"

Then the President of the USA formalized Capital's War on Labor by firing 10Ks of govt employees

Trash's administration is not an anomoaly, it's 100% coherent with the oligarchy/Repug strategy of destroying govt For The People, while operating govt exclusively for the oligarchy.

ducks
03-31-2020, 02:36 PM
Donald J. Trump Retweeted

CHIZ Flag of United States
@CHIZMAGA
·
Mar 30
Donald Trump donated his salary to fight the virus, Nancy Pelosi asked for a raise.

This is all you really need to know.

hater
03-31-2020, 02:39 PM
I was wrong to believe people in the leadership of this administration would actually give a shit and start acting like adults at some point. It's been all politics and magical thinking.

do you really think the overall response would have been much better under a democratic leadership?

I dont

not ready means not ready

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 03:02 PM
do you really think the overall response would have been much better under a democratic leadership?I think literally anyone other than Dennison would've handled this crisis better and the US would've been more prepared.

Thread
03-31-2020, 03:03 PM
I think literally anyone other than Dennison would've handled this crisis better and the US would've been more prepared.

Horseshit.

monosylab1k
03-31-2020, 03:06 PM

We were headed for that outcome (cancelled sports seasons, quarantines, etc) regardless of who was in office. It was never a question of if the virus would fuck us, it was a question of how badly. And when looking at it in those terms, we definitely have the worst possible leader. John Oliver said it best, “It was always going to be hard, but it didn’t have to be this hard.”

monosylab1k
03-31-2020, 03:08 PM
Horseshit.

I agree, it could be worse than Donald, it could be Don Jr.

Thread
03-31-2020, 03:08 PM
Horseshit.

Sorry to be abrupt like that, Dumps.

You're hitting him politically, but, I can't promise if it were Hillary I wouldn't be doing likewise.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 03:10 PM
Horseshit.Sorry, Trump will go down in history as a failed president. This seals it. No other president would've done worse. You may never accept it, but that's how it's going to go.

CosmicCowboy
03-31-2020, 03:11 PM
Trash had 3 years to correct any deficiencies, that he could also have hit Obama with.

Trash did nothing AND made everything worse.

Agree. Trump had 3 years to fix it. Obama had 6 years to fix it. General incompetence in pandemic preparation from both sides.

picnroll
03-31-2020, 03:17 PM

@CHIZMAGA
·
Mar 30
Donald Trump donated his salary to fight the virus, Nancy Pelosi asked for a raise.

All while he was making milking tax payers using his properties for government employees at exorbitantly inflated rate.

hater
03-31-2020, 03:32 PM
I think literally anyone other than Dennison would've handled this crisis better and the US would've been more prepared.

disagree

sure woulda made a but different but not ready means not ready

its like putting Phil Jackson in charge of the knicks

they still sucked

Thread
03-31-2020, 03:39 PM
Sorry, Trump will go down in history as a failed president. This seals it. No other president would've done worse. You may never accept it, but that's how it's going to go.

Big deal, that was going to happen the moment he defeated Hillary. (They) threw up [The Resistance] before he ever got sworn. The day he was sworn Madonna threatened to blow him up in the White House.

& you're right, I won't accept it, but, that is how it's going to go & always has been.

& I've told Him such thru Twitter. That's is his punishment, his penance for beating Clinton.

& I query him: "Was it worth it?"

hater
03-31-2020, 03:41 PM
I think Killary could have done a worse job tbqh

she managed to get our ambassador killed on a whim

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 03:51 PM
Big dealIt is a big deal. And it's all true. Trump will be remembered as a failure who got tens of thousands of US citizens needlessly killed and tried to say he did a very good job.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2020, 03:52 PM
Killary*ding*

Spurs Homer
03-31-2020, 03:56 PM

obama had a pandemic team in place
had personnel stationed in china

we would have tested millions

this would have stopped in washington state under obama and right now we would have been watching asians wearing masks all over the planet and watching spurs games and thinking we were still a first world country and sending thoughts and prayers

but no

we wanted a “disruptor”
we wanted a guy that claimed to be the only one that could “fix it”

we deserve everything we get and judging by trumps approval rating

we deserve millions of deaths

Spurs Homer
03-31-2020, 04:00 PM

obama left trump a pandemic team in place
and
a playbook of what to do in case of a pandemic

trump disbanded the team and dropped the fucking ball and decided to build cages for caravans for the “dangerous invasion” that he concocted with racists like you supporting his bullshit

of course you cannot blame him

you would rather watch millions die that act like a human being with integrity

of course you wont blame your nazi leader you piece of shit

Thread
03-31-2020, 04:06 PM
It is a big deal. And it's all true. Trump will be remembered as a failure who got tens of thousands of US citizens needlessly killed and tried to say he did a very good job.

He was going to be remembered that-a-way the moment he made President, Dumps. It was preordained.

& as I've said time & again...one of the big reasons why (they're) rousting him like this is to send word ahead to any other wise ass outsider who wants to make President. You will regret it the longest day you live.

It's a closed circuit...

- "No strangers, ever."

- "Henry Hill" - "Goodfellas"

RandomGuy
03-31-2020, 07:22 PM

You can blame the guy for tweeting about his ratings.

Hell his bragging got so bad Fox News had to semen shield for him, and cut away from the audio of the conference to have an announcer talk over him to cover it up.

boutons_deux
03-31-2020, 07:33 PM
"He probably assumed the people in charge of that stuff had reordered"

Trash ignored the 2019 exercise/simulation of a pandemic, and killed the project.

Who would dare take the initiative, opposing Trash's treatment of a pandemic threat, to stock pandemic supplies when he had signaled that he ignored the pandemic report that pointed many weaknesses, insufficiencies?

slick'81
03-31-2020, 07:35 PM
Even trump wont be able to play this one off

boutons_deux
04-01-2020, 05:20 AM
Moscow Bitch McConnell admits implicitly but clearly that Trash is BOTCHING the pandemic response.

Because of the Dems impeached him, Trash was preoccupied since Trash can't chew greasy friend chicken and grab pussy at the same time.

And I'll add that the dicklessly complicit Senate Repugs acquitting Trash proved to, encouraged him that he can do, or not do, anything because he's untouchable.

boutons_deux
04-01-2020, 06:21 AM
Trump to Governors:

I’d Like You to Do Us a Favor, Though

Once again, the president is using aid to extort re-election help.

he’s strongly suggested that

if governors speak candidly about his monumental incompetence,

he’ll penalize them and their states as they struggle to contain the coronavirus.

Once again, he’s using his control of vital aid to extort assistance with his re-election.

“There are a lot of parallels between the president’s behavior now and during the whole Ukraine scandal,”

“Certainly the most apparent is

his demand that the governors basically pay fealty to him, praise him, or they’ll suffer consequences.”

he had instructed Vice President Mike Pence, whom he has placed in charge of the coronavirus response,

not to call the governors of some blue states (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-13/) where the pandemic is raging.

Florida, governed by the Republican Trump sycophant Ron DeSantis, has had

its requests for equipment from America’s emergency stockpile entirely fulfilled,

while other states are receiving only a fraction of what they ask for.

governors feel life-or-death pressure to flatter the president.

“Several governors made clear

they fear inadvertently harming their own citizens

if they are too strident in demands for desperately needed medical supplies, or

if they clash too publicly with Trump over pandemic policy as the contagion spreads,”

“working under the assumption they will not get much help from the federal government,

but that criticizing Trump could jeopardize any help they could receive.”

Besides Ukraine, there is another precedent for Trump’s behavior: Puerto Rico.

After Hurricane Maria, Trump grew incensed when the female mayor of San Juan called out the administration’s inadequate response, and

he’s been punishing the island ever since,

slowing the release of aid (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/puerto-rico-was-invisible-trump-made-things-worse/604984/) and

slashing its Medicaid funding (https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/17/trump-puerto-rico-medicaid-budget-086674).

Now we’re all, as the president said (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/yovanovitch-trump-ukraine-ambassador.html) of the former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch,

going to go through some things.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/opinion/trump-federal-aid-coronavirus.html

Trash is the American Achmed: Suck my dick, kiss my ass, or I will KEEL YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBvfiCdk-jc

Warlord23
04-01-2020, 08:52 AM
This crisis is ensuring that Trump will go down as one of the worst leaders of all time in the history books. George W Bush must be heaving a sigh of relief that his own substantial incompetence has been overtaken by Trump.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 13: [Declared state of emergency]

March 17: “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

Spurs Homer
04-01-2020, 09:01 AM
Trump to Governors:

I’d Like You to Do Us a Favor, Though

Once again, the president is using aid to extort re-election help.

he’s strongly suggested that

if governors speak candidly about his monumental incompetence,

he’ll penalize them and their states as they struggle to contain the coronavirus.

Once again, he’s using his control of vital aid to extort assistance with his re-election.

“There are a lot of parallels between the president’s behavior now and during the whole Ukraine scandal,”

“Certainly the most apparent is

his demand that the governors basically pay fealty to him, praise him, or they’ll suffer consequences.”

he had instructed Vice President Mike Pence, whom he has placed in charge of the coronavirus response,

not to call the governors of some blue states (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-13/) where the pandemic is raging.

Florida, governed by the Republican Trump sycophant Ron DeSantis, has had

its requests for equipment from America’s emergency stockpile entirely fulfilled,

while other states are receiving only a fraction of what they ask for.

governors feel life-or-death pressure to flatter the president.

“Several governors made clear

they fear inadvertently harming their own citizens

if they are too strident in demands for desperately needed medical supplies, or

if they clash too publicly with Trump over pandemic policy as the contagion spreads,”

“working under the assumption they will not get much help from the federal government,

but that criticizing Trump could jeopardize any help they could receive.”

Besides Ukraine, there is another precedent for Trump’s behavior: Puerto Rico.

After Hurricane Maria, Trump grew incensed when the female mayor of San Juan called out the administration’s inadequate response, and

he’s been punishing the island ever since,

slowing the release of aid (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/puerto-rico-was-invisible-trump-made-things-worse/604984/) and

slashing its Medicaid funding (https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/17/trump-puerto-rico-medicaid-budget-086674).

Now we’re all, as the president said (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/yovanovitch-trump-ukraine-ambassador.html) of the former ambassador Marie Yovanovitch,

going to go through some things.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/opinion/trump-federal-aid-coronavirus.html

Trash is the American Achmed: Suck my dick, kiss my ass, or I will KEEL YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBvfiCdk-jc

been saying it since this shit-show began...

we are getting “puerto ricoed”

we are fucked

Thread
04-01-2020, 09:03 AM
been saying it since this shit-show began...

we are getting “puerto ricoed”

we are fucked

You got beat. Big deal. Take your ass whoopin' & live with it.

It happens.

Quit harpin'!

Spurs Homer
04-01-2020, 09:13 AM
You got beat. Big deal. Take your ass whoopin' & live with it.

It happens.

Quit harpin'!

god forbid your family or mine dies from this-

if so-

I will know this criminal has my familiy’s blood on his hands

you?

you would watch your family succumb and STILL defend this incompetent con man?

i believe you would

boutons_deux
04-01-2020, 09:21 AM
is thread some kind of military vet? that would explain is bullshit Macho Man ignorance

Trainwreck2100
04-01-2020, 09:27 AM
No he's just an opportunist

Spurs Homer
04-01-2020, 09:29 AM
No he's just a brainwashed opportunist

fify

DMX7
04-01-2020, 09:40 AM

@CHIZMAGA
·
Mar 30

How many tax payer dollars have we spent on Trump's golf trips?

LkrFan
04-01-2020, 09:43 AM
https://twitter.com/WendellPierce/status/1245291941144788994?s=19

ChumpDumper
04-01-2020, 09:44 AM
How many tax payer dollars have we spent on Trump's golf trips?The people pushing the HE WUZ DIZTRACTID BY IMPEACHMUNT gambit should probably take a look at his golf schedule during and after the impeachment before further embarrassing themselves.

monosylab1k
04-01-2020, 10:00 AM
The people pushing the HE WUZ DIZTRACTID BY IMPEACHMUNT gambit should probably take a look at his golf schedule during and after the impeachment before further embarrassing themselves.

They’ll just “But Obama!” all that and his worshippers will eat it up.

boutons_deux
04-01-2020, 10:07 AM
The people pushing the HE WUZ DIZTRACTID BY IMPEACHMUNT

Trash: I Wouldn’t Have Handled Coronavirus Any Better Even Without Impeachment

On Tuesday night,

President Donald Trump said he wouldn’t have acted more swiftly :lol

in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic

even if he hadn’t been impeached,

blowing up Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) defense of him.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-response-coronavirus-not-better-without-impeachment-mcconnell

boutons_deux
04-01-2020, 10:24 AM
‘Fanatical cruelty’:

As pandemic rages, Trump refuses to reopen Affordable Care Act enrollment to help uninsured

Trump has reportedly decided against (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/31/trump-obamacare-coronavirus-157788) reopening Affordable Care Act enrollment

to ease the economic pain of the uninsured and help protect them from devastating medical costs.

Trump administration will not reopen HealthCare.gov for a special enrollment period

“The people living in the 38 states that use HealthCare.gov will likely remain uninsured,

leaving them potentially exposed to tens of thousands of dollars in costs

if they get sick from the novel coronavirus and need medical treatment.”

“This isn’t just an outrageous decision, but it’s also a deadly one,”

“In the middle a pandemic that could kill hundreds of thousands,

Trump and his toadies are deliberately blocking Americans from buying healthcare,”

“Theirs is fanatical cruelty that will kill people.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fanatical-cruelty-as-pandemic-rages-trump-refuses-to-reopen-affordable-care-act-enrollment-to-help-uninsured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4164 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fanatical-cruelty-as-pandemic-rages-trump-refuses-to-reopen-affordable-care-act-enrollment-to-help-uninsured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4164)

boutons_deux
04-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Wartime Production Law Has Been Used Routinely, but Not With Coronavirus

The Defense Production Act has been invoked hundreds of thousands of times in the Trump years. But with the pandemic, the president sees it as a “break the glass” last resort.

the Defense Production Act has been used to place hundreds of thousands of orders by President Trump and his administration to ensure the procurement of vital equipment,

he has for weeks treated it like a “break the glass” last resort, to be invoked only when all else fails.
“You know, we’re a country not based on nationalizing our business,” Mr. Trump said earlier this month.

“Call a person over in Venezuela, ask them how did nationalization of their businesses work out? Not too well.” :lol stupid fuck

The Defense Production Act includes a range of authorities including

issuing loans to expand a vendor’s capacity,

controlling the distribution of a company’s products and

the more commonly used power of compelling companies to prioritize the government’s order over those of other clients.

The law’s frequent use, especially by the military to give its contract priority ratings to jump ahead of a vendor’s other clients, has prompted those most familiar with it to question why the administration has been so hesitant

weeks of dithering have already locked in deadly shortages at American hospitals.

Invoking the Defense Production Act is hardly a rare occurrence.

As recently as last summer, the Department of Defense used it to obtain rare earth metals (https://www.businessdefense.gov/News/News-Display/Article/1913110/defense-production-act-title-iii-presidential-determinations-to-strengthen-the/) needed to build lasers, jet engines and armored vehicles.

The Defense Department estimates that it has used the law’s powers 300,000 times a year.

The Department of Homeland Security — including its subsidiary, FEMA — placed more than 1,000 so-called rated orders in 2018

The Pentagon has long been aggressive in its use of the law, inserting language from the wartime act into contracts to ensure delivery of products by a specific date.

For the coronavirus pandemic, Mr. Trump has elected to rely on the volunteerism of the private sector

the president’s thinking say he has been skeptical of using the law, seeing it as anti-American. :lol

Using the Defense Production Act would make it clear that the government is in charge.

Many corporate executives have also lobbied the Trump administration against using the act,

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/us/politics/coronavirus-defense-production-act.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_NN_p_20200401&instance_id=17241&nl=morning-briefing&regi_id=80821797&section=topNews&segment_id=23488&te=1&user_id=992d608214b505003aa04bf10a595031

Anybody think pro-business-whore Navarro will use DPA aggressively, if at all?

RandomGuy
04-01-2020, 11:50 AM
‘Fanatical cruelty’:

As pandemic rages, Trump refuses to reopen Affordable Care Act enrollment to help uninsured

Trump has reportedly decided against (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/31/trump-obamacare-coronavirus-157788) reopening Affordable Care Act enrollment

to ease the economic pain of the uninsured and help protect them from devastating medical costs.

Trump administration will not reopen HealthCare.gov for a special enrollment period

“The people living in the 38 states that use HealthCare.gov will likely remain uninsured,

leaving them potentially exposed to tens of thousands of dollars in costs

if they get sick from the novel coronavirus and need medical treatment.”

“This isn’t just an outrageous decision, but it’s also a deadly one,”

“In the middle a pandemic that could kill hundreds of thousands,

Trump and his toadies are deliberately blocking Americans from buying healthcare,”

“Theirs is fanatical cruelty that will kill people.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fanatical-cruelty-as-pandemic-rages-trump-refuses-to-reopen-affordable-care-act-enrollment-to-help-uninsured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4164 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/fanatical-cruelty-as-pandemic-rages-trump-refuses-to-reopen-affordable-care-act-enrollment-to-help-uninsured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4164)

"fanatical cruelty" indeed.

Spurs Homer
04-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!!

cartel drug war all of a sudden

because the media is nailing trumps fuckup of the corona shit-show

how convenient that this staged distraction happens...

boutons_deux
04-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Army warned Trump administration on Feb. 3 that up to 150,000 Americans could die from COVID-19

Feb. 3 U.S. Army-North projected that “between 80,000 and 150,000 could die” in an extreme “Black Swan” analysis, but

after weeks of inaction :lol

President Donald Trump now concedes optimistically between 100,000 and 240,000 could lose their lives to the virus,

The briefing also assumed — inaccurately, as it turns out — that

the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control would successfully contact trace :lol

all U.S. and Canadian coronavirus cases to contain the outbreak, :lol

which still hasn’t happened.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/army-warned-trump-administration-on-feb-3-that-up-to-150000-americans-could-die-from-covid-19/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29 (https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/army-warned-trump-administration-on-feb-3-that-up-to-150000-americans-could-die-from-covid-19/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29)

boutons_deux
04-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!!

... and Iran again.

the (economic but mortal and of course destroying Obama legacy) War on Iran continues as Trash, being sub-human, refuses to lift the sanctions for humanitarian reasons.

RandomGuy
04-02-2020, 08:04 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!!

Pretty transparent effect to distract. Won't work. The jobless claims news will swamp that.

RandomGuy
04-02-2020, 08:06 AM
... and Iran again.

the (economic but mortal and of course destroying Obama legacy) War on Iran continues as Trash, being sub-human, refuses to lift the sanctions for humanitarian reasons.

I really expect Trump to launch strikes on Iran. He is going to be desperate to change the narrative from his bunglefucked response.

Spurs Homer
04-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Pretty transparent effect to distract. Won't work. The jobless claims news will swamp that.

yup

6.6 million

3.3 last time

Winehole23
04-02-2020, 08:16 AM
Why is the US Congress in recess?

Winehole23
04-02-2020, 08:20 AM
Why are the ACA health care exchanges closed?

Millions of Americans have lost their healthcare insurance just in the last two weeks.

Winehole23
04-02-2020, 08:54 AM
That new Abbott Labs test that takes only a few minutes?

The While House wants to send it to low density areas of the South.

Winehole23
04-02-2020, 08:57 AM
Maybe people who think government is the problem shouldn't be allowed to run the government.

Despite having committed to transferring 2,000 ventilators in military stocks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Health and Human Services to fight the coronavirus outbreak, the Pentagon has not shipped any of them because the agencies have not asked for them or provided a shipping location, the Pentagon's top logistics official said Tuesday.https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/31/politics/pentagon-ventilators/index.html

RandomGuy
04-02-2020, 09:02 AM
How many warnings did Team Trump fail to take seriously?
There's been quite a bit of reporting in recent weeks about warnings Team Trump failed to take seriously before the pandemic.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/how-many-warnings-did-team-trump-fail-take-seriously-n1173971

On March 16, Politico reported last week on a presentation prepared for Team Trump during the presidential transition process, which warned the incoming Republican administration about how the U.S. federal government would have to respond to a deadly viral outbreak. It didn't appear to have much of an effect.

On March 19, the New York Times reported on government exercises, including one conducted just last year, warning officials that the country was ill-prepared for a pandemic. As the article explained, an unreleased HHS report described a likely outcome that sounds awfully familiar: "Federal agencies jockeyed over who was in charge. State officials and hospitals struggled to figure out what kind of equipment was stockpiled or available. Cities and states went their own ways on school closings."

On March 20, the Washington Post reported, "U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen." The Post spoke to one U.S. official who reportedly had access to intelligence reporting and who told the newspaper, "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were -- they just couldn't get him to do anything about it. The system was blinking red."

On March 25, Politico reported on a National Security Council guide -- the "Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents" -- filled with important recommendations. The Trump administration was briefed on the playbook's existence in 2017, but evidently the document wasn't taken too seriously. The article quoted one former U.S. official who said that under the Trump administration, "it just sat as a document that people worked on that was thrown onto a shelf."

This is not a short list, and it appears to be adding new installments with some regularity.

FUNNY:
WHAT DID OBAMA EVER DO ABOUT PANDEMICS?

https://imgur.com/uzcmQF9

RandomGuy
04-02-2020, 09:03 AM
Maybe people who think government is the problem shouldn't be allowed to run the government.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/31/politics/pentagon-ventilators/index.html

A tragicomedy of errors.

Spurs Homer
04-02-2020, 10:58 AM
How many warnings did Team Trump fail to take seriously?
There's been quite a bit of reporting in recent weeks about warnings Team Trump failed to take seriously before the pandemic.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/how-many-warnings-did-team-trump-fail-take-seriously-n1173971

On March 16, Politico reported last week on a presentation prepared for Team Trump during the presidential transition process, which warned the incoming Republican administration about how the U.S. federal government would have to respond to a deadly viral outbreak. It didn't appear to have much of an effect.

On March 19, the New York Times reported on government exercises, including one conducted just last year, warning officials that the country was ill-prepared for a pandemic. As the article explained, an unreleased HHS report described a likely outcome that sounds awfully familiar: "Federal agencies jockeyed over who was in charge. State officials and hospitals struggled to figure out what kind of equipment was stockpiled or available. Cities and states went their own ways on school closings."

On March 20, the Washington Post reported, "U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen." The Post spoke to one U.S. official who reportedly had access to intelligence reporting and who told the newspaper, "Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were -- they just couldn't get him to do anything about it. The system was blinking red."

On March 25, Politico reported on a National Security Council guide -- the "Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents" -- filled with important recommendations. The Trump administration was briefed on the playbook's existence in 2017, but evidently the document wasn't taken too seriously. The article quoted one former U.S. official who said that under the Trump administration, "it just sat as a document that people worked on that was thrown onto a shelf."

This is not a short list, and it appears to be adding new installments with some regularity.

FUNNY:
WHAT DID OBAMA EVER DO ABOUT PANDEMICS?

https://imgur.com/uzcmQF9

I dont have the link - but

Sen Chris Murphy/Conn ? -

posted on twitter than on --- FEB 5TH--

Congress met with the WH and offered FUNDING for PPE equipment and FUNDING for any costs for the

oncoming Pandemic -

but the WH - REFUSED assistance - and said they had enough!

ChumpDumper
04-02-2020, 11:04 AM
I dont have the link - but

Sen Chris Murphy/Conn ? -

posted on twitter than on --- FEB 5TH--

Congress met with the WH and offered FUNDING for PPE equipment and FUNDING for any costs for the

oncoming Pandemic -

but the WH - REFUSED assistance - and said they had enough!

Spurs Homer
04-02-2020, 11:08 AM

yup

and this was an official congressional recorded event...

Adam Schiff convening a nonpartisan 9-11 - style commission to do a report on the response to this crisis -
will be able to obtain this official record of the trump administration refusing to do - even the basics...

Winehole23
04-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Cuomo, what a peach.

Millennial_Messiah
04-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Why is the US Congress in recess?
https://cdn3.f-cdn.com/contestentries/953623/19786586/58a640b2c9ff1_thumb900.jpg

Killakobe81
04-02-2020, 12:10 PM
I for one would not excuse trump or his policy I was against his candidacy since Day One.
But the one excuse/explnation I might afford him is he was hoping to quell economic panic
Now before anyone bashes or supports the above ... of course its self serving. A good economy (more black jobs!! unemployment down!! Stocks at alltime high!!) He can no longer point to a good economy (which was already on the rise under Obama he just rode the wave ...but he still gets credit for riding it well) as too why he desrves another 4 years. he now has to fix it.

Now he has to face this issue and corona and handle it welll despite his bungling and dismissals early on ... only the die-hardss like Dale will remain steadfast if the country hits the toilet ...so lets not forget the mistakes he has made, he is 100% accountaable for those. But as a non party loyaist if he can right this Titanic and avoid the iceberg ... I might vote for the man its not like the Democrats (who i normally support) have provided a no-brainer candidate for us to rally around. Last election, i wanted anyone but Trump but that ship has sailed. HE won ...NOw i need the person best suited to fix the economy even more than i need a less divisive leader who attacks the media deflects to Obama and lies constantly.

My vote will go the democrat or repubican who can outline a realistic strategy to get the country back on track mo matter if he is red or blue ...
I will be watching the man closely the next few months...and I'm not buying the democrats are sneaking crap in to my bills BS excuses either. Trump has a chance to rise up and be greatin the face of a crisis ...lets see if he has it in him to put the country over his ego.

ChumpDumper
04-02-2020, 01:53 PM
You're going to give him another chance after his failure that's costing tens of thousands of American lives?

This is insanity.

boutons_deux
04-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Army warned Trump administration on Feb. 3 that up to 150,000 Americans could die from COVID-19

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/army-warned-trump-administration-on-feb-3-that-up-to-150000-americans-could-die-from-covid-19/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

apalisoc_9
04-02-2020, 01:58 PM
You're going to give him another chance after his failure that's costing tens of thousands of American lives?

This is insanity.

there's a chance it can kill millions.

Trump supporters would rather see millions die than admit they're wrong.