PDA

View Full Version : Boris Johnson's government is reportedly furious with China and believes it could have 40 times more coronavirus cases than it claims

ducks
03-29-2020, 03:56 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnsons-government-reportedly-furious-075257081.html

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 04:00 PM
BoJo's about face on "do nothing to acquire herd immunity" won't save him. He goofed big time. Blaming China won't work even though there's truth to it.

ElNono
03-29-2020, 04:04 PM
Easier to distract pointing fingers that assume responsibility.

hater
03-29-2020, 04:11 PM
“herd immunity”

“we will take it on the chin”

Porton Johnson baked his cake and now has to sit on it

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 04:12 PM
Easier to distract pointing fingers that assume responsibility.I thoight leaders were supposed to take charge and assume responsibility for crises like this. The Anglo-American style now seems to be to dither and shirk, then to point fingers when things get worse.

Thread
03-29-2020, 04:14 PM
Media won't brook it. Media has the con & they ain't giving it up.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Easier to distract pointing fingers that assume responsibility.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

slick'81
03-29-2020, 04:18 PM
I thoight leaders were supposed to take charge and assume responsibility for crises like this. The Anglo-American style now seems to be to dither and shirk, then to point fingers when things get worse.

In times like these we see there are no real "leaders"

clambake
03-29-2020, 04:22 PM
hey ducks, why should bojo be upset?

your guy said it was a hoax.

RandomGuy
03-29-2020, 04:27 PM

There are.

They just aren't in power in modern conservative governments. It seems conservative voters like idiots.

Thread
03-29-2020, 04:32 PM

Only because nobody wants to give. Everybody wants to take.

& MSM makes damn sure of both.

ElNono
03-29-2020, 04:36 PM

It's actually quite a natural psychological reaction to support whoever is in leadership at times like this, despite differences.

Crisis grows and broadens a nationalistic pride, and you don't want to be seen against the suffering of the nation.

Happens in war, pandemics, whatever it might be.

slick'81
03-29-2020, 04:39 PM
It's actually quite a natural psychological reaction to support whoever is in leadership at times like this, despite differences.

Crisis grows and broadens a nationalistic pride, and you don't want to be seen against the suffering of the nation.

Happens in war, pandemics, whatever it might be.

I would like to support trump but....

ElNono
03-29-2020, 04:41 PM

Not saying everyone does, and I'm not even saying it's rational. But it's certainly measurable if you look at presidential support ratings within crises.

Spurtacular
03-29-2020, 07:51 PM
Hillary and Jim Acosta believe the Chinese :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtH-YTFCx9M&t=54s

Spurtacular
03-29-2020, 07:53 PM
Blaming China won't work even though there's truth to it.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/TuBibZuan3I9a/giphy.gif

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 11:04 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/TuBibZuan3I9a/giphy.gifWe screwed up too.

Why are we dealing with it worse than anyone in the world so far except for maybe Russia and Turkey?

DMX7
03-29-2020, 11:10 PM
“herd immunity”

“we will take it on the chin”

Porton Johnson baked his cake and now has to sit on it

It sounded like such a ballsy plan until they did a total 180 on it.

Winehole23
03-29-2020, 11:38 PM
We screwed up too.

Why are we dealing with it worse than anyone in the world so far except for maybe Russia and Turkey?Shit is kicking England in the dick too.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 08:41 AM

If Trump does his job, I would be happy to support him.

He listened to the experts for like a day or two, then started watching for Fox "news", and it all went to shit.

At least he backed off his stupid fucking Easter "fill the churches" dumbassery. Only a very stable genius could do that.

boutons_deux
03-30-2020, 08:45 AM
Shit is kicking England in the dick too.

Italy 10,000+ dead for less that 100,000 infections

Docs are finding people are still infected 8 days after all symptoms are gone.

Thread
03-30-2020, 08:52 AM
If Trump does his job, I would be happy to support him.

He listened to the experts for like a day or two, then started watching for Fox "news", and it all went to shit.

At least he backed off his stupid fucking Easter "fill the churches" dumbassery. Only a very stable genius could do that.

Marked.

I just about got Split's scalp nailed upon my tee pee lodge pole.

I'd be so honored to lodge yours as well upon it, oh, venerated RG.

Splits
03-30-2020, 09:08 AM
Marked.

wtf are you talking about?

Thread
03-30-2020, 09:24 AM
wtf are you talking about?

The last 2 days.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 09:27 AM
Marked.

Trump does a few things that I support.

Space Force.
NASA funding moon/mars missions
Hard line on China

If he keeps listening to the experts... I will support that.

Splits
03-30-2020, 09:32 AM

The last 2 days.

:lol you really think I wasn't dead on with my 1k prediction based on your 1 day trend?

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 10:43 AM
Thread said he's getting updates from CNN via John Hopkins, but CNN has been slow in updating their numbers. Also - for the millionth time - numbers are underreported during the weekend. We literally have gone through this every weekend since the outbreak started. It's like Groundhog Day in here with some posters.

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 10:46 AM
Hell, CNN's live broadcast is still saying 2,467 deaths when JHU has already confirmed over 2,500.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 11:00 AM
At key moments in the outbreak, Johnson has seemed in denial about the size of the threat—and to his critics, it showed. At the start of the month, the premier quipped that while everyone must wash their hands for the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday,” that did not stop him shaking hands with people he meets.

“I can tell you I am shaking hands continuously,” Johnson told reporters in a clip that has since gone viral on Twitter. “I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody.”

https://news.yahoo.com/johnson-war-coronavirus-no-joke-113742710.html

-----------------

Just leaving that right there.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 11:05 AM
At key moments in the outbreak, Johnson has seemed in denial about the size of the threat—and to his critics, it showed. At the start of the month, the premier quipped that while everyone must wash their hands for the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday,” that did not stop him shaking hands with people he meets.

“I can tell you I am shaking hands continuously,” Johnson told reporters in a clip that has since gone viral on Twitter. “I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody.”

-----------------

Just leaving that right there.Denial and magical thinking are becoming hallmarks of leaders in over their heads.

Splits
03-30-2020, 11:09 AM

-----------------

Just leaving that right there.

n3NAx3tsy-k

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 11:12 AM
n3NAx3tsy-k

OMFG...

That is the kind of next level stupid that drove Brexit. Seriously, what is it about morons that makes them attractive candidates for conservatives?

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 11:14 AM
Denial and magical thinking are becoming hallmarks of leaders in over their heads.

Seriously, why do conservative voters love morons? Can anyone tell me?

Fuck.

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:29 PM
:lol you really think I wasn't dead on with my 1k prediction based on your 1 day trend?

Yes, I think you're wrong. You're threatening, yes, but, you ain't got it yet.

Splits
03-30-2020, 12:33 PM
Yes, I think you're wrong. You're threatening, yes, but, you ain't got it yet.

Dale. Give it up. My Cuomo just dropped 253 on ya, and he reports again before midnight.

https://i.imgur.com/mHKpa41.png

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:34 PM
Thread said he's getting updates from CNN via John Hopkins, but CNN has been slow in updating their numbers. Also - for the millionth time - numbers are underreported during the weekend. We literally have gone through this every weekend since the outbreak started. It's like Groundhog Day in here with some posters.

If it gets to a 1,000 per day it'll be huge news, we will all see it & I'll stipulate at once & I'll bend right on over.

I don't hide my shit. I never have.

But, if it doesn't hit that 1k then I get to dance like a dervish & Splits in particular has to bend over.

Splits
03-30-2020, 12:38 PM
If it gets to a 1,000 per day it'll be huge news, we will all see it & I'll stipulate at once & I'll bend right on over.

I don't hide my shit. I never have.

But, if it doesn't hit that 1k then I get to dance like a dervish & Splits in particular has to bend over.

I called that 1k/day when there was 600 in the cuntry, total.

My next call is 2.5k/day, the math model is still churning the numbers so I'll give you that date once my 1k hits

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:40 PM
Dale. Give it up. My Cuomo just dropped 253 on ya, and he reports again before midnight.

https://i.imgur.com/mHKpa41.png

That's since yesterday. Some of those are in yesterday's count and some of them are in today's count.

I started at 2472 today.

It's now at 2487 on the CNN screen shot.

You ain't makin' it, kid. I'm in good shape for our wager.

I will make this pledge:::However, whenever CNN/MSM say we're at 1,000 deaths for a day, no matter what my figures say I will stipulate to that assertion.

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:41 PM
I called that 1k/day when there was 600 in the cuntry, total.

My next call is 2.5k/day, the math model is still churning the numbers so I'll give you that date once my 1k hits

You ain't got a 1k on any day yet, bub, must less 2k for day.

Act like somebody.

Splits
That's since yesterday. Some of those are in yesterday's count and some of them are in today's count.

I started at 2472 today.

It's now at 2487 on the CNN screen shot.

You ain't makin' it, kid. I'm in good shape for our wager.

I will make this pledge:::However, whenever CNN/MSM say we're at 1,000 deaths for a day, no matter what my figures say I will stipulate to that assertion.

They haven't updated their numbers. Count right now is 2800. LA also dropped a big number on you

TimDunkem
Again, the CNN count is not up to date.

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:45 PM
Again, the CNN count is not up to date.

Well, that's the count I started with & that's who I'm ending with.

IF all the sudden CNN/MSM screams we've hit 1,000 for a day then yes, I'll take it as gospel and will stipulate.

Otherwise, no, Dunks.

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 12:46 PM
Well, that's the count I started with & that's who I'm ending with.

IF all the sudden CNN/MSM screams we've hit 1,000 for a day then yes, I'll take it as gospel and will stipulate.

Otherwise, no, Dunks.

Why cite wrong numbers though?

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:47 PM
They haven't updated their numbers. Count right now is 2800. LA also dropped a big number on you

I ain't seeing any of that. If it were at a thousand per day CNN/MSM would be apoplectic, happy as clams. I'd have no choice but to stipulate, or, quit.

& there ain't no chickens in this coop, by God.

Splits
03-30-2020, 12:48 PM
I ain't seeing any of that. If it were at a thousand per day CNN/MSM would be apoplectic, happy as clams. I'd have no choice but to stipulate, or, quit.

& there ain't no chickens in this coop, by God.

I'm just sayin', 1k by Friday is inevitable. Could happen as early as Wednesday

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
Why cite wrong numbers though?

Because they ain't wrong.

If the numbers are incorrect CNN/MSM will state that and move to a 1,000 death a day motif. I won't be able to hide that fact.

Until then I'm getting closer to victory.

Thread
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
I'm just sayin', 1k by Friday is inevitable.

But, our bet is over on Thursday morning, buster.

Splits
03-30-2020, 12:53 PM
But, our bet is over on Thursday morning, buster.

No, I said 10 days on Tuesday night. 10 days from Tuesday is Friday on every calendar in the world. But it won't matter.

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 12:56 PM
Because they ain't wrong.

If the numbers are incorrect CNN/MSM will state that and move to a 1,000 death a day motif. I won't be able to hide that fact.

Until then I'm getting closer to victory.

2,487 isn't correct...so, yeah, they're wrong.

You picked an odd time to trust CNN.

Thread
03-30-2020, 01:13 PM
2,487 isn't correct...so, yeah, they're wrong.

You picked an odd time to trust CNN.

Well, they're the only one who put the numbers front & center.

And I watch them religiously. Made sense.

& I told ya:::if it goes to a thousand a day I ain't going to be able to hide that. It'll be right out there loud & clear and I'll submit to it.

Thread
03-30-2020, 01:14 PM
No, I said 10 days on Tuesday night. 10 days from Tuesday is Friday on every calendar in the world. But it won't matter.

No. Thursday morning is the moment of truth. If you ain't at a thousand dead a day on Thursday morning I'm going to be victorious, sonPERIOD

& don't make me come and get you, savvy?

Splits
03-30-2020, 01:44 PM
No. Thursday morning is the moment of truth. If you ain't at a thousand dead a day on Thursday morning I'm going to be victorious, sonPERIOD

& don't make me come and get you, savvy?

No, a 10 day call on a Tuesday night makes a deadline of Friday. Simple math.

Now your CNN has updated with NY, NJ, and LA

https://i.imgur.com/5zhj7jr.png

TimDunkem
03-30-2020, 01:47 PM
Also how was CNN fake news from 2015 to last week, Cubs, but now they're worthy of being cited because of a bet? :lol

Thread
03-30-2020, 01:51 PM
No, a 10 day call on a Tuesday night makes a deadline of Friday. Simple math.

Now your CNN has updated with NY, NJ, and LA

https://i.imgur.com/5zhj7jr.png

Understood.

I started the day at 2472

We're at 2828...

That's 356 for you.

I've been as high as 453 on a day, so, I'm concerned, but, not [[[walking the floors]]] worried....it's 3PM in the East.

P.S., it's Thursday morningPERIOD

Thread
03-30-2020, 01:54 PM
Also how was CNN fake news from 2015 to last week, Cubs, but now they're worthy of being cited because of a bet? :lol

Because they're the only one who kept a running count of the numbers. I watch them continually so it made sense.

I got no problem if it goes to a 1,000 on another channel, or, source. It'll be right out there in broad daylight & will submit.

Until then I'm holding out for less than a 1,000 on a given day thru Thursday morning. If it ain't 1,000 a day on Thursday morning, 9AM EST time I'm declaring victory & rollin' a fuckin' barrel. & I'm gonna have me a barrel of fuckin' fun.

Splits
03-30-2020, 01:56 PM
Understood.

I started the day at 2472

We're at 2828...

That's 356 for you.

I've been as high as 453 on a day, so, I'm concerned, but, not [[[walking the floors]]] worried....it's 3PM in the East.

P.S., it's Thursday morningPERIOD

The 356 early reports was a puke out from the backlog over the weekend. Normally the midnight reporting contains 60-70% of the deaths. I'd expect it to be a bit lower due to under-reporting the weekend. But still, your timeline is extremely sensitive whereas mine is wide, and no doubt you've already lost

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:14 PM
The 356 early reports was a puke out from the backlog over the weekend. Normally the midnight reporting contains 60-70% of the deaths. I'd expect it to be a bit lower due to under-reporting the weekend. But still, your timeline is extremely sensitive whereas mine is wide, and no doubt you've already lost

Nonsense, Splits. MSM will alert us both if & when it hits a 1000-a-day. They'll be all over it & you know it.

I got my fingers crossed I won't see that information on a tv screen, or, the CNN Internet page. All I can do is hope.

I want to beat your ass at this. & I admire your calculations, your Algebra, your skill at them. I genuinely envy it, fellow. Just hope your wrong, or, at least tardy.

Splits
03-30-2020, 02:30 PM
Nonsense, Splits. MSM will alert us both if & when it hits a 1000-a-day. They'll be all over it & you know it.

I got my fingers crossed I won't see that information on a tv screen, or, the CNN Internet page. All I can do is hope.

I want to beat your ass at this. & I admire your calculations, your Algebra, your skill at them. I genuinely envy it, fellow. Just hope your wrong, or, at least tardy.

you're.

and you don't have to wait on the CNN updates, they ultimately get their data from here, where you can track state-by-state reporting (which shows you're screwed) https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:38 PM
you're.

and you don't have to wait on the CNN updates, they ultimately get their data from here, where you can track state-by-state reporting (which shows you're screwed) https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I ain't goin' there. I'm taking my shit from CNN/MSM...they'll alert when it hits a 1,000-a-day. We won't be able to miss it.

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 02:39 PM
i remember when a week ago ducks kept posting about 0 deaths on sunday even though it was just a lack of reporting on sunday

Splits
03-30-2020, 02:40 PM
I ain't goin' there. I'm taking my shit from CNN/MSM...they'll alert when it hits a 1,000-a-day. We won't be able to miss it.

Good idea, actually. If you went there, you'd elevate your heart rate by flushing the refresh button 10x/min

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:41 PM
Good idea, actually. If you went there, you'd elevate your heart rate by flushing the refresh button 10x/min

Splits

Splits
03-30-2020, 02:50 PM
Splits

I've been meaning to ask... no inference or anything... but have you given Katie the Spurstalk will? Like, your password and a stupid shitty note to read when you croak?

Thread
03-30-2020, 02:55 PM
I've been meaning to ask... no inference or anything... but have you given Katie the Spurstalk will? Like, your password and a stupid shitty note to read when you croak?

No, when I go it'll just be without information.

God forbid if I should get Corona I'll try and inform the Board at once before I become in firmed either here, or, at the VA hospital.

Splits
03-30-2020, 03:05 PM
No, when I go it'll just be without information.

God forbid if I should get Corona I'll try and inform the Board at once before I become in firmed either here, or, at the VA hospital.

You should reconsider. I can help you write it, doesn't need to exceed a few sentences.

"Dear Splits and the rest of you fuckers, Corona only killed 390k. I rest in peace"

Thread
03-30-2020, 03:35 PM
It's at 2915 now. That's

=443 dead today so far.

It's 4:30PM in the East.

RandomGuy
03-30-2020, 06:07 PM
you're.

Interesting.

In this case, though, the data is VERY heavily skewed towards the first hotspot, NY. So many other states are just beginning their curves.