PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 15% of Sanders supporters will vote for Trump if Biden is nominee; 80% would back Biden

ducks
03-29-2020, 11:44 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-15-sanders-supporters-vote-185748015.html

Spurtacular
03-30-2020, 12:23 AM
And of that 80 percent, one third or more aren't showing up to the polls. :lol

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 07:00 AM
This is still better than how Hillary supporters turned out for Obama in 2008, but rest assured that Biden supporters and the DNC will blame that 15% of Biden loses.

Thread
03-30-2020, 07:27 AM
I'm gladdened at this information.

Spurminator
03-30-2020, 10:05 AM
This is still better than how Hillary supporters turned out for Obama in 2008, but rest assured that Biden supporters and the DNC will blame that 15% of Biden loses.

I mean, the 15% should be blamed, shouldn't they?

I don't agree with lumping all Bernie supporters in with them but I'm not going to hold back criticism of the individual Bernie supporters who flipped to Trump just because they're a small share of the total. It's inexcusable to claim you support broader health care, higher minimum wage and wealth equality, and then vote for a criminal administration who opposes all of those things just because your guy didn't win. I'd certainly blame them more than I'd blame people I expect to vote for Trump anyway.

monosylab1k
03-30-2020, 10:15 AM
Bernie to Trump is going full retard no matter how you justify it tbh.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 10:22 AM

yup. The good news is that apparently there's very few Bernie supporters that actually go out and vote, tbh, so 15% of that would be minimal

Nbadan
03-30-2020, 02:10 PM
15% of Sanders supporters were Republican, so...

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 02:19 PM
there's virtually no circumstance where i could justify voting for trump, but if bloomberg won the nom i probably would have abstained on the presidential vote

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:02 PM

I don't agree with lumping all Bernie supporters in with them but I'm not going to hold back criticism of the individual Bernie supporters who flipped to Trump just because they're a small share of the total. It's inexcusable to claim you support broader health care, higher minimum wage and wealth equality, and then vote for a criminal administration who opposes all of those things just because your guy didn't win. I'd certainly blame them more than I'd blame people I expect to vote for Trump anyway.
15% of all Bernie supporters is such an inconsequential number in a general election that it’s a stupid thing to blame (especially if we don’t know what states those people are in - if most of them are in states like California then it’s even more retarded to blame them), but by all means keep ignoring the real problem we have that shitty establishment Democrats struggle to inspire voter turnout above 55%.

Black people are also for whatever reason above criticism even though they are fucking awful at turning out to vote when the presidential candidate isn’t black. Hillary beats Trump it they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama. The mindset of “Oh lawdy I ain’t gon’ wait in line just to vote fo’ da white devil!” is much worse than the small portion of Bernie voters that defect.

Going from Bernie to Trump is fucking stupid but it’s far from the only instance of irrational voter behavior so it’s bizarre to single it out.

picnroll
03-30-2020, 04:06 PM
Offset by the dumbass repugs attending the coronavirus masses.

Thread
03-30-2020, 04:08 PM
Offset by the dumbass repugs attending the coronavirus masses.

If you could get rid of Corona, you'd have the King of Corona/Cuomo.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:12 PM
15% of all Bernie supporters is such an inconsequential number in a general election that it’s a stupid thing to blame (especially if we don’t know what states those people are in - if most of them are in states like California then it’s even more retarded to blame them), but by all means keep ignoring the real problem we have that shitty establishment Democrats struggle to inspire voter turnout above 55%.

Black people are also for whatever reason above criticism even though they are fucking awful at turning out to vote when the presidential candidate isn’t black. Hillary beats Trump it they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama. The mindset of “Oh lawdy I ain’t gon’ wait in line just to vote fo’ da white devil!” is much worse than the small portion of Bernie voters that defect.

Going from Bernie to Trump is fucking stupid but it’s far from the only instance of irrational voter behavior so it’s bizarre to single it out.2016 was the first year black voter participation dropped since 1996, and their 60% participation was higher than Asians and Hispanics (both under 50%).

Sorry about Bernie. Hope he doesn't fuck things up this year.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:16 PM
2016 was the first year black voter participation dropped since 1996, and their 60% participation was higher than Asians and Hispanics (both under 50%).
So it dipped because black voters who voted for Obama didn’t feel like showing up to vote for whitey.

Thanks for proving my point.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:18 PM
So it dipped because black voters who voted for Obama didn’t feel like showing up to vote for whitey.

Thanks for proving my point.But they voted for whitey in increasing numbers well before that.

Sorry that disproves your point.

And sorry they destroyed Bernie.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:28 PM
But they voted for whitey in increasing numbers well before that.

Sorry that disproves your point.

And sorry they destroyed Bernie.
They never turned out for whitey at the levels they turned out in 2008 or 2012. I literally said that if they turned out for Hillary as much as they’d turned out for Obama she beats Trump. Their turnout rates from prior to 2008 have nothing to do with that statement.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:34 PM
They never turned out for whitey at the levels they turned out in 2008 or 2012. I literally said that if they turned out for Hillary as much as they’d turned out for Obama she beats Trump. Their turnout rates from prior to 2008 have nothing to do with that statement.Oh, you shouldn't have said whitey then.

Because only one of those guys they voted for was black.

Their participation rate has always been better than Asians or Hispanics, but you got your scapegoat.

Sorry about Bernie. Those blacks really got him this time!

Spurminator
03-30-2020, 04:36 PM

Thanks for proving my point.

You've consistently said in these types of discussions that Hillary lost because she was a shitty and uninspiring candidate, but now the assumption is that black people voted less for her because she was white?

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:37 PM
Oh, you shouldn't have said whitey then.

Because only one of those guys they voted for was black.

Their participation rate has always been better than Asians or Hispanics, but you got your scapegoat.

Sorry about Bernie. Those blacks really got him this time!
:lol I literally said “Hillary beats Trump if they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama” in my original post that you replied to.

Asians and Hispanics not voting is also a thing (however I doubt Asian voter turnout matters at all). The fact Hispanics don’t vote is why I think pissing away the rube vote with shit like “FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ILLEGALS!” is a dumb strategy.

Reck
03-30-2020, 04:37 PM

Bro, forget it.

They've turned on Warren...and now they're turning on their new girl toy AOC because MAH ESTABLISHMENT FAULT.

Bernie supporters are parasites.

I dont want to say all...but fuck 'em all the same. The scorched earth approached Bernie has taken has fucked him twice. Somehow he and his cult following are not getting it.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:38 PM
You've consistently said in these types of discussions that Hillary lost because she was a shitty and uninspiring candidate, but now the assumption is that black people voted less for her because she was white?
Why do you think black voter turnout was over 5% down for Hillary vs. what it was for Obama?

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:41 PM
:lol I literally said “Hillary beats Trump if they turned out for her the way they turned out for Obama” in my original post that you replied to.If whites had turned out like they did for Bill, Hillary would've won.

Blacks destroyed Bernie.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:44 PM
If whites had turned out like they did for Bill, Hillary would've won.
I think you and I can agree that white “rubes” as you call them voting for Trump when it’s against their best interest is a bigger reason Hillary lost than anything else we’re talking about here, but the ship on rural white voters has sailed so not sure why you’re bringing it up now.

SnakeBoy
03-30-2020, 04:46 PM

It doesn't get more full retard than supporting Joe Biden's corpse for POTUS

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:46 PM
I think you and I can agree that white “rubes” as you call them voting for Trump when it’s against their best interest is a bigger reason Hillary lost than anything else we’re talking about here, but the ship on rural white voters has sailed so not sure why you’re bringing it up now.Only needed 70k rubes tbh.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:47 PM
It doesn't get more full retard than supporting Joe Biden's corpse for POTUSSupporting Trump now is worse.

monosylab1k
03-30-2020, 04:47 PM

Can’t argue that :lol

Reck
03-30-2020, 04:48 PM

That makes no sense.

How are democratic voters voting for a democratic candidate going "full retard?"

Does that apply to republicans who voted for an actual democrat turned republican because that was the only way he knew he'd win?

Thread
03-30-2020, 04:50 PM
That makes no sense.

How are democratic voters voting for a democratic candidate going "full retard?"

Does that apply to republicans who voted for an actual democrat turned republican because that was the only way he knew he'd win?

That really hurts, Recky. It's true, yes, but, hurts nonetheless.

Reck
03-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Supporting Trump now is worse.

Snakeboy unabashedly calling himself a retard without shame is a breakthrough, imo.

He voted for a democrat turned republican after all. Does it get more retarded than that?

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:51 PM
Only needed 70k rubes tbh.
To your point, when Hispanics don’t vote and rubes do in massive numbers, the ultra-liberal shit on immigration like “FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ILLEGALS!” is political suicide, which pretty much all of the Democratic candidates engaged in during the primary.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 04:53 PM
This post was some low-effort trolling that led to predictable reactions.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:53 PM
To your point, when Hispanics don’t vote and rubes do in massive numbers, the ultra-liberal shit on immigration like “FREE HEALTHCARE FOR ILLEGALS!” is political suicide, which pretty much all of the Democratic candidates engaged in during the primary.So even Bernie would lose.

Good thing the blacks destroyed him.

Spurminator
03-30-2020, 04:54 PM
Why do you think black voter turnout was over 5% down for Hillary vs. what it was for Obama?

Plenty of possible reasons for that. Closed polling locations in urban areas leading to longer lines. Less enthusiasm for Hillary Clinton vs. Barack Obama, even disregarding race. Entirely probable that some of them just didn't want to vote for a white lady.

You can also factor in that 4% of 2012 black Obama voters voted for Trump, but that's compared to 12% white.
https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/LRIY44FIBAYLDAY2HTMDSRTOFA.jpg

If 15% Bernie flippers is insignificant, how is 5% black voters substantially more significant, especially when the numbers are worse when you look at whites?

SnakeBoy
03-30-2020, 04:54 PM

Party affiliation doesn't matter. You are voting for a corpse to be your leader.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 04:55 PM
Party affiliation doesn't matter. You are voting for a corpse to be your leader.Party affiliation doesn't matter. You're voting for Trump to be your leader.

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 04:59 PM
supporting Trump for POTUS is definitely going more full retard

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Supporting Trump now is worse.

That makes no sense.

supporting Trump for POTUS is definitely going more full retard
You guys are too easy.

Spurminator
03-30-2020, 05:00 PM
I'm looking forward to Trump losing to a corpse, tbh. It's going to be the most humiliating defeat in Presidential Election history since 2016.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 05:02 PM
You guys are too easy.It's an easy call.

Sorry blacks destroyed Bernie.

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 05:02 PM
You guys are too easy.
about as easy as mentioning bernie losing to you :lol

Thread
03-30-2020, 05:04 PM
I'm looking forward to Trump losing to a corpse, tbh. It's going to be the most humiliating defeat in Presidential Election history since 2016.

At least he'll always be President, like the 44 before him.

+ Then he'll be able to climb that grassy knoll & dish it.

Reck
03-30-2020, 05:04 PM
Party affiliation doesn't matter. You are voting for a corpse to be your leader.

That would still be 100x better than voting for Trump. Point not made, Snake.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 05:05 PM
about as easy as mentioning bernie losing to you :lol
Yeah he’s mentioned it to me like 7 times ITT and is still trying to get a reaction :lol

Reck
03-30-2020, 05:05 PM
You guys are too easy.

Eh, it's just shooting teh breeze. Cant go outside, cant do shit so might as well kill time doing shit like this.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 05:19 PM
Yeah he’s mentioned it to me like 7 times ITT and is still trying to get a reaction :lolI just like saying it since I think he deserved it.

Blacks destroyed Bernie and it was glorious.:tu

monosylab1k
03-30-2020, 05:20 PM
Yeah he’s mentioned it to me like 7 times ITT and is still trying to get a reaction :lol
Pretty Derpish behavior tbh :lol

Chucho
03-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Pretty Derpish behavior tbh :lol

Indeed. Replace "blacks destroyed Bernie" with "cuck" and that's accurate af.

Chucho
03-30-2020, 05:33 PM
Eh, it's just shooting teh breeze. Cant go outside, cant do shit so might as well kill time doing shit like this.

IIRC, you're in New York, huh? That's gotta fucking suck. Being all sardine-canned and you can't even go outside to breathe fresh air.

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 05:41 PM
Indeed. Replace "blacks destroyed Bernie" with "cuck" and that's accurate af.Nah, it's not a personal insult. It's more Threadesque than that.

Reck
03-30-2020, 05:48 PM
IIRC, you're in New York, huh? That's gotta fucking suck. Being all sardine-canned and you can't even go outside to breathe fresh air.

Yeah before it was just an advice to stay home which I complied with and didn't go out. But today Cuamo said it is mandatory.

Chucho
03-30-2020, 05:49 PM
Yeah before it was just an advice to stay home which I complied with and didn't go out. But today Cuamo said it is mandatory.

Stay safe, mang.

Spurs Homer
03-30-2020, 07:21 PM
yeah i was/still am for bernie - and think biden is a horrible horrible choice and think the dems fucked themselves horribly - again -

yet

ill vote for biden with no regrets -

if biden is still standing/propped up - by november

fuck it - even if it is just the corpse- ill still give him the vote

FkLA
03-30-2020, 08:52 PM
My dad was riding my ass hard to go out and vote for Shillary because "Trump was worse" and I couldn't do it.

I don't believe in voting for someone just because they're the lesser of two evils. Bernie is the only one that would inspire me to go to the polls.

Spurs Homer
03-30-2020, 08:58 PM
My dad was riding my ass hard to go out and vote for Shillary because "Trump was worse" and I couldn't do it.

I don't believe in voting for someone just because they're the lesser of two evils. Bernie is the only one that would inspire me to go to the polls.

i hope you reconsider

if “lesser of two evils” in the PAST was the reason - your vote or lack of vote was almost meaningless

now - with the evil that is trump

THIS is one you just cannot skip

this is REALLY REALLY REALLY a lesser of two evils and your life and my life depend on it

dont be stupid

please

ElNono
03-30-2020, 09:06 PM

Same. I couldn't consciously vote for Hillary.

I'm still unsure I can do the same for Biden, even though I positively know he would be better than Trump. I feel that casting my vote has to be an endorsement of that person, and I can't do that for Biden.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Not that it matters anyways, I was in NJ for Shillary, and now I'm in CA :lol

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 09:07 PM
RBG’s seat is enough of a reason to vote for whoever Trump is running against. If RBG is replaced by another radical conservative SCOTUS is far right conservative for decades.

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 09:08 PM

its not a question of whether you believe it or not. on november 8, 2016, the two viable names on the ballot were trump and hillary, period. one was going to be president, the other wasn't.

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 09:08 PM

I'm still unsure I can do the same for Biden, even though I positively know he would be better than Trump. I feel that casting my vote has to be an endorsement of that person, and I can't do that for Biden.
plus you have to be a citizen to vote

FkLA
03-30-2020, 09:21 PM
I feel that casting my vote has to be an endorsement of that person

Exactly. Earn my vote, tbh.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 09:23 PM
plus you have to be a citizen to vote

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188235

spurraider21
03-30-2020, 09:27 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188235
fake news

and even if true, illegitimate since your congrats letter came from that kenyan guy

ElNono
03-30-2020, 09:31 PM
fake news

and even if true, illegitimate since your congrats letter came from that kenyan guy

came with a Hawaiian birth certificate too, tbh

rascal
03-30-2020, 09:36 PM
I don't believe the numbers. fake numbers

Reck
03-30-2020, 09:37 PM

LOL purist tests.

This country probably deserves all it gets.

No more of :cry whatever happens.

rascal
03-30-2020, 09:40 PM
i hope you reconsider

if “lesser of two evils” in the PAST was the reason - your vote or lack of vote was almost meaningless

now - with the evil that is trump

THIS is one you just cannot skip

this is REALLY REALLY REALLY a lesser of two evils and your life and my life depend on it

dont be stupid

please

If he lives in Texas his vote won't matter. Trump is winning Texas easily.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 09:45 PM
LOL purist tests.

This country probably deserves all it gets.

No more of :cry whatever happens.

It's not a purity test, tbh, it's being intellectually honest.

It's one thing if I thought Biden wasn't corrupt to the core and bought out by special interests and Wall Street, and then it turned out that those things were true.

I already know he's all those things, and so it would be intellectually dishonest for me to vote for him, then rail against that, since basically, I'm part of the problem, and I would be a hypocrite.

Have you ever gone to a new restaurant, looked at the menu, didn't feel like there was anything you would like, got up and left? That's how I feel with a lot of these elections.

Again, perhaps if I would be in a swing state, I would feel more pressured about it, but that's not the case.

Reck
03-30-2020, 09:56 PM

It's one thing if I thought Biden wasn't corrupt to the core and bought out by special interests and Wall Street, and then it turned out that those things were true.

I already know he's all those things, and so it would be intellectually dishonest for me to vote for him, then rail against that, since basically, I'm part of the problem, and I would be a hypocrite.

Have you ever gone to a new restaurant, looked at the menu, didn't feel like there was anything you would like, got up and left? That's how I feel with a lot of these elections.

Again, perhaps if I would be in a swing state, I would feel more pressured about it, but that's not the case.

Did you vote for Obama in 2008? How about 12?

He ran as a Bernie prototype progressive of sorts and ended up being a centrist kind of. Anyone who voted for him in 2012 knew he was that by that point so I dont understand the logic behind the bought by wall street talk.

That said, it is your choice so I guess we each have to live with our votes.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 10:03 PM
Did you vote for Obama in 2008? How about 12?

He ran as a Bernie prototype progressive of sorts and ended up being a centrist kind of. Anyone who voted for him in 2012 knew he was that by that point so I dont understand the logic behind the bought by wall street talk.

That said, it is your choice so I guess we each have to live with our votes.

I wasn't a citizen in '08 (see above), so no I didn't vote for him, and, as you said, by 2012 it was clear who he was, and no I didn't vote for him either.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 10:05 PM
Frankly, in 2012 I was still a fairly newly minted citizen and didn't think I knew the local politics enough (didn't have to worry until then) to cast a vote, tbh...

ChumpDumper
03-30-2020, 10:11 PM
I wasn't a citizen in '08Neither was Obama.

https://www.lifewithdogs.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/6.26.16-Bad-Pun-Husky27.jpg

ElNono
03-30-2020, 10:12 PM
Neither was Obama.

https://www.lifewithdogs.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/6.26.16-Bad-Pun-Husky27.jpg

rofl

ElNono
03-30-2020, 10:12 PM
Neither was LkrFan, tbh...

pgardn
03-30-2020, 10:31 PM

Except you will walk right out and into the same restaurant.

I will order Joe. Hands down. His age and VP will make it easier.

ElNono
03-30-2020, 10:33 PM
Except you will walk right out and into the same restaurant.

I will order Joe. Hands down. His age and VP will make it easier.

I won't. I simply won't vote.

Like I said, not sure yet. Maybe his VP choice will be surprising, although if it's anything like it's been in the DNC recently, I doubt it.

LkrFan
03-31-2020, 12:36 AM
Neither was LkrFan, tbh...

:lmao

Splits
03-31-2020, 02:31 PM
Come on Bernie Bros! Let's get hyped!